PDA

View Full Version : Pop: Larmarcus has been fantastic

SAGirl
04-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Probably the only real highlight of the season was him redeeming himself as a star player. I agree with Pop, he has been fantastic, playing through adversity and a difficult season, while also being there for his teammates nightly.

Play Boban
04-18-2018, 10:24 AM
Such a stark contrast to our other “star” tbh....... :wakeup

cd98
04-18-2018, 10:31 AM
Up that trade value...

MarCowMar
04-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Aldridge has been a total professional. Focused on offense, solid on D, excellent on the offensive boards. Hasn't complained about his teammates or structure of the roster, even though he'd have good reason to.

MoSpur02
04-18-2018, 11:38 AM
To me, I think its obvious that the reason he is having such a good season is because Kawhi hasn't played. He is getting his "touches" because He is the #1 option w/out Kawhi on the floor.

Not sure what kind of season the Spurs would be having or would have had if it weren't for Aldridge.

MoSpur02
04-18-2018, 11:39 AM
To me, I think its obvious that the reason he is having such a good season is because Kawhi hasn't played. He is getting his "touches" because He is the #1 option w/out Kawhi on the floor.

Not sure what kind of season the Spurs would be having or would have had if it weren't for Aldridge.

SuperCam
04-18-2018, 12:38 PM

Brazil
04-18-2018, 12:40 PM

only Kawhi fluffers don't see Pop quotes as a direct hit in Leonard direction

SpurPadre
04-18-2018, 12:50 PM
only Kawhi fluffers don't see Pop quotes as a direct hit in Leonard direction

They also don't see Parker's 'I had the same injury as Kawhi but it was much worse' as a dig on him, either.

Brazil
04-18-2018, 12:59 PM
They also don't see Parker's 'I had the same injury as Kawhi but it was much worse' as a dig on him, either.

oh yes they see it... they usually blame Parker for Kawhi distancing himself from the team... :lol weirdly enough they don't accept even Pop and FO are mad at Kawhi, always easier to blame Parker

SpurPadre
04-18-2018, 01:28 PM
oh yes they see it... they usually blame Parker for Kawhi distancing himself from the team... :lol weirdly enough they don't accept even Pop and FO are mad at Kawhi, always easier to blame Parker

KaPussy is the only player that can make a teammate wife fucker look like a model teammate :lol

SAGirl
04-18-2018, 01:31 PM
KaPussy is the only player that can make a teammate wife fucker look like a model teammate :lol
:lmao

04-18-2018, 01:36 PM
All this talk about Aldridge having a great season is true

On the flip side, Mark Jackson during the game 1 telecast noted that if Kawhi had played all season, would Aldridge still be putting up great numbers?

Probably no since, even if it's a small sample, the two didn't really click together during Kawhi's 9 game stint.

Brazil
04-18-2018, 02:51 PM

:lmao tbh...

exstatic
04-18-2018, 03:31 PM

I posted on another thread when this was brought up: That last game that Kawhi played, they totalled like 50-55 points. Not saying that would happen all of the time, but LMAs issues were where he was getting his touches, and when in the shot clock. He would run down the floor in transition, BURY his man in the paint, and wouldn't get the ball. They made a concerted effort to get him some early touches, but I think if he got quality touches, he would be happy around 19-20ppg sharing the ball. It's not like with this scoring challenged roster they wouldn't both get enough touches to do well.

tholdren
04-18-2018, 04:27 PM
Such a stark contrast to our other “star” tbh....... :wakeup

No, manu has been equally as great

Play Boban
04-18-2018, 04:43 PM
No, manu has been equally as great
:lol Good point. :lol

TD 21
04-18-2018, 06:02 PM
Think there's been too much reading into in the majority of these instances (outside of the Parker comment because I don't see how it could be interpreted otherwise). For instance, group is prominent in Pop's vernacular. Numerous times, I've heard him refer to the team as group, as well as the front office. If reconciling is their preferred outcome and it probably is, then why would they be repeatedly taking shots publicly? It's also not their style.

It's inarguable that there's friction, but I think it's more so a lack of communication (like supposedly texting some teammates, such as Green, maybe Aldridge, Murray and not others, likely Parker, Ginobili, Gasol). A lot of this is probably being exaggerated and/or sensationalized by the media and executives in the league, who are giddy at the prospect of this franchise finally being embroiled in drama, no longer being relevant and possibly prying a superstar loose.

Pop and Buford should be on a plane to New York sometime next week to get to the bottom of this sooner than later. If he doesn't want to be traded, after doing due diligence medically, offer him the super max with protections(http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20985023/joel-embiid-extension-protects-philadelphia-76ers-case-contractually-specific-catastrophic-injury). If he does want to be traded, attempt to work through the issue(s) before going the trade route.

Think the most difficult part of this could be the prospect of going back into a locker room with the aforementioned veterans and whoever else. However awkward that may be, neither side should allow that to stand in the way of reconciliation.

BackHome
04-18-2018, 08:12 PM
Where there is smoke their is fire and Kawhi going out in a blaze

ElNono
04-18-2018, 08:51 PM
oh yes they see it... they usually blame Parker for Kawhi distancing himself from the team... :lol

And they're right, tbh... :lol

Brazil
04-18-2018, 09:38 PM
And they're right, tbh... :lol

:lol well tony should then receive a Medal of Honor to get dat cancer as far as possible of the team

cd021
04-18-2018, 11:07 PM
All this talk about Aldridge having a great season is true

On the flip side, Mark Jackson during the game 1 telecast noted that if Kawhi had played all season, would Aldridge still be putting up great numbers?

Probably no since, even if it's a small sample, the two didn't really click together during Kawhi's 9 game stint.

Cause Kawhi was going full Kawhiso tbqh

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2018, 11:34 PM
Aldridge is having the time of his life, tbh..all the touches, no pressure, his reputation is clean again and he won't have to play those May games that he hates..

YGWHI
04-18-2018, 11:37 PM
Cause Kawhi was going full Kawhiso tbqh

I wouldn't call full iso... 12% of his plays.

https://i.imgur.com/rtdBh1p.jpg

The only reason that LMA wouldn't get these numbers is because he wouldn't get 20 FGA a game with other scorer on court.

coachmac87
04-18-2018, 11:38 PM
This is the true definition of fake news...

Looking for something that’s not there

YGWHI
04-19-2018, 12:12 AM

The good thing about trading Kawhi is LMA wouldn't worry about his touches anymore.

With Kawhi on the floor as #1 option the Spurs won 67 and 61 games in two seasons. With LMA as #1 option, they barely made playoffs.

We're gonna see LMA getting all the touches in next seasons while the Spurs can't pass first round....Yeah! So exciting!

Kawhi #1...LMA #30. And these people here still question Kawhi as the best #1 option.

tbdog
04-19-2018, 08:27 AM
Warriors players acting like Leonard doesn't matter :bang

cjw
04-19-2018, 10:15 AM
With Kawhi on the floor as #1 option as well as LMA as a #2 option plus competent backup bigs (Duncan, Desmond, Lee, etc.) the Spurs won 67 and 61 games in two seasons. With LMA as #1 option and the #2 scorer missing 25 games (Gay) and being forced to play midgets all year at SG and even SF plus Parker, Manu and Pau all another year older and Mills $50 pounds fatter, they barely made playoffs.

We're gonna see LMA getting all the touches in next seasons while the Spurs can't pass first round....Yeah! So exciting!

FIFY. Don’t forget that if Kawhi were to be moved, the roster will have other pieces and likely wins more than 47 games this year.

exstatic
04-19-2018, 10:36 AM
FIFY. Don’t forget that if Kawhi were to be moved, the roster will have other pieces and likely wins more than 47 games this year.

The thing about player fans is they don't WANT the team to do well if their guy is elsewhere. In fact, they want it to be WORSE, so they can be "right", or some such nonsense. Talking to YNGTHING or duncan2K is an utter waste of time.

YGWHI
04-19-2018, 06:31 PM

For the record, with LMA as #1 option Blazers had better pieces than the Spurs have now and still couldn't pass first round.

YGWHI
04-19-2018, 06:34 PM
The thing about player fans is they don't WANT the team to do well if their guy is elsewhere. In fact, they want it to be WORSE, so they can be "right", or some such nonsense. Talking to YNGTHING or duncan2K is an utter waste of time.

I don't want the team be "worse", I'm saying that I find very stupid that a few guys here still think that LMA as #1 will become this team into a contender, they say he's a better offensive option than Kawhi when every number says the opposite.

$pursDynasty
04-19-2018, 11:42 PM
LMA has shown me something this playoffs. Before this year I feared Donkey was in his head because Raymond bullied him and seemingly took his lunch money. While not good enough to carry us basically singlehandedly over the best team in the league, LMA has manned up and regained all nba status. If only the Wizard could provide Kiwi with a brain (because what he has done is beyond stupid); because the wizard seemingly helped LMA find his heart. Or maybe Pop is the scarecrow in need of a brain, and Kiwi is the cowardly lion that needs...Courage.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2018, 11:49 PM
Great player, but unwatchable and his style is very difficult to build around..supporting cast was terrible, but his passing/decision making out of double teams is painful to watch..

ElNono
04-20-2018, 12:59 AM
Great player, but unwatchable and his style is very difficult to build around..supporting cast was terrible, but his passing/decision making out of double teams is painful to watch..

Also not a leader, doesn't make players around him better, etc... he definitely works hard though, nobody should take that away from him, but yeah, he could be a great #2 option at best.

Slippy
04-20-2018, 02:53 AM
Haha this is not very accurate of how these games have gone . I mean when danny , patty & DJ are playing a 3man perimeter game of passing to each other whos actually making the decisions.

cjw
04-20-2018, 03:25 AM
For the record, with LMA as #1 option Blazers had better pieces than the Spurs have now and still couldn't pass first round.

Lillard has ascended in 2013-14 but Aldridge was the reason they beat the Rockets in the first round that year. So wrong again.

And before that, the franchise was plagued by the Oden and Roy injuries that really screwed up their rosters.

Not the most fun player to watch but were the early to mid 2000s Spurs fun to watch? Or the Pistons? No. Aldridge is even less fun to watch when surrounded by a PG with tunnel vision in Murray, a SG who can’t dribble in Green, a guy who can’t run in Anderson, another big who has lost three steps in Gasol, a midget chucker in Mills who teases us with hot streaks, and the league’s best backcourt from a dozen years ago.

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Haha this is not very accurate of how these games have gone . I mean when danny , patty & DJ are playing a 3man perimeter game of passing to each other whos actually making the decisions.

Aldridge has always been terrible at handling double teams, even when he had Lillard, Matthews and Batum around him.. he's one of the worst passing bigs I've ever seen among star players, no vision or anticipation skills whatsoever..

Slippy
04-20-2018, 02:29 PM
Aldridge has always been terrible at handling double teams, even when he had Lillard, Matthews and Batum around him.. he's one of the worst passing bigs I've ever seen among star players, no vision or anticipation skills whatsoever..

Its well documented you find him painful to watch but this series hasnt been that case though. The vision, passing , shooting & decision making ability of Danny, patty & Dj combined is what seriously lacking in this teams offense. As starters they set the tone & its their job to feed the bigmen. They are absolute fails at it .

YGWHI
04-20-2018, 04:43 PM
Lillard has ascended in 2013-14 but Aldridge was the reason they beat the Rockets in the first round that year. So wrong again.
I wasn't wrong, he's not a better #1 option than Kawhi. People should realize we aren't in 2000, since then everything has changed, the league, the rules, the game.