PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowhard calls out Poopovich and his shtick

SuperCam
04-18-2018, 06:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1WHyzdAIM

starts about 3 minutes in. some serious truthnukes usually only written by the more high iq posters here :wow

Cowerd one of the few mainstream medias who has always been willing to call out untouchable coaches not adapting tbh...

CGD
04-18-2018, 07:02 PM
This guy is so annoying. His football takes are generally good, but his basketball stuff is usually weaksauce.

dbreiden83080
04-18-2018, 07:04 PM
Yes I am sure Phil Jackson would have been over .600 minus Jordan, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe..

TheGreatYacht
04-18-2018, 07:06 PM
North Korea underground sized truth nuke :wow

hater
04-18-2018, 07:11 PM
Stupid fuck is insuferqble tbqh :lmao

I thought only neanderthals and inbreds listened to this fuckface

bic50
04-18-2018, 07:12 PM
Duncan made pop

Keepin' it real
04-18-2018, 07:14 PM
Yeah, but he's also said -- several times in the last few weeks -- that this season has been Pop's best coaching job ever.

Cowturd needs to make up his mind.

MoSpur02
04-18-2018, 07:21 PM
I wish people would stop listening to him so that he can go away

r0drig0lac
04-18-2018, 07:21 PM
Damn. Spurs announce that Erin Popovich, wife of head coach Gregg Popovich, passed away today.

UnWantedTheory
04-18-2018, 07:38 PM
Didn't they have 61 wins last year? This year is obviously a disaster due to injuries. When you lose your best player and make it to the playoffs in the West I say you did a decent enough job. Also, didn't this turd state just a few weeks ago this was Pop's best coaching year?

Namundy
04-18-2018, 07:39 PM
This guy is a weird looking ****.

hater
04-18-2018, 07:49 PM
This guy is a weird looking ****.

He has a very punchable face

tholdren
04-18-2018, 07:57 PM

starts about 3 minutes in. some serious truthnukes usually only written by the more high iq posters here :wow

Cowerd one of the few mainstream medias who has always been willing to call out untouchable coaches not adapting tbh...

The dumbest takes ever comes from this loser. He rivals sas in ignorance and loudmouthery. Hot take=best players make team better. So so so dumb

04-18-2018, 08:00 PM
Duncan made pop

Budkin
04-18-2018, 08:02 PM
Cowshit is a rotten twat.

davidbowie
04-18-2018, 08:04 PM
this dude has been shitting on the spurs since sports nation

he keeps waiting for us to fall off so his dumb ass take can sound right lol

sammy
04-18-2018, 08:27 PM

Fuck this stupid hack! He knows nothing!

lmbebo
04-18-2018, 08:28 PM
ummm .. those stats are off.

0.744 winning last year and like 48%? this year (without our MVP)

And we got to the WCF last year ...

idiot

Edit: 57% this year.

Guy is a jackass. Clearly wrong numbers...

How can we have a 44% win percentage without ever going to the lottery and never missing the playoffs in 21 straight years.

cd98
04-18-2018, 08:37 PM
Dummest take yet.

1. Pop only coached one year before Duncan arrived...he coached a tanking team.
2. He did evolve and has done it several times. He started with the twin towers, then Manu/Tony years, then Beautiful Game, then Kawhi centered offense.
3. GSW have 4 all stars including 2 mega stars. Pop had one all star and no mega stars. Duh, he’s going to lose to GS like everyone else.
4. He wins 60 games if Kawhi plays this year and Spurs finish with the best record.
5. You can’t mobeyball your way to titles when you are drafting in the last three spots every year. The up and coming teams now have spent years accumulating lottery picks. The Spurs haven’t been to the lottery in now 21 years.
6. Football and basketball are not comparable. One player can make or break a basketball team. Not so in football.

Hes a tool to the media, yes, but not always and that has nothing to do with coaching.

daslicer
04-18-2018, 08:55 PM
Dummest take yet.

2. He did evolve and has done it several times. He started with the twin towers, then Manu/Tony years, then Beautiful Game, then Kawhi centered offense.
3. GSW have 4 all stars including 2 mega stars. Pop had one all star and no mega stars. Duh, he’s going to lose to GS like everyone else.
4. He wins 60 games if Kawhi plays this year and Spurs finish with the best record.
5. You can’t mobeyball your way to titles when you are drafting in the last three spots every year. The up and coming teams now have spent years accumulating lottery picks. The Spurs haven’t been to the lottery in now 21 years.
6. Football and basketball are not comparable. One player can make or break a basketball team. Not so in football.

Hes a tool to the media, yes, but not always and that has nothing to do with coaching.

Agreed I have said it few times in here that if you take Duncan off of the '03 title team that they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Twisted_Dawg
04-18-2018, 09:35 PM
I think where he was trying to go was that Pop's schtick with the media has gotten old, then some how got derailed by the other knowledgeable media guy who disagreed and said it was Pop's best year of coaching and then Cowherd tried to salvage his take by suggesting players like Kawhi have tired of Pop's style.

spurs50_
04-18-2018, 09:46 PM
He said Bowen could've averaged 19 pts..... Big Bowen fan, but not even I believe that.

AFMadison
04-18-2018, 09:59 PM

Colin Cowturd :lmao

apalisoc_9
04-18-2018, 10:06 PM
Damn not a good timing for Colin since pops wife died.

Cant fault. Not like he knew. But awful timing.

webshad
04-18-2018, 10:13 PM
This guy is so full of shit. I remember last year when Houston beat the shit out of San Antonio during a playoff game at home, he was talking so much shit the next morning, saying it’s over, Popvich is done, the end of an era etc etc for a straight 30 minutes. Then the spurs won the series, he didn’t even mention a single word about it, lol.

And honestly, his take on basketball is pretty weak.

Walter Donovan
04-18-2018, 10:14 PM
Probably not a good time to have a Pop bashing thread...

testies
04-18-2018, 10:20 PM

BillMc
04-18-2018, 10:53 PM
I wish people would stop listening to him so that he can go away

BillMc
04-18-2018, 10:57 PM
Dummest take yet.

Great post.

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2018, 11:37 PM
I've always wondered how gasbags like Cowherd, Jim Rome, etc make so much money and manage to build such a large following, tbh..

At least Stephen A and Bayless are entertaining..

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-19-2018, 01:04 AM
Duncan made pop

And Jordan, Shaq and Kobe made Jackson, and Magic, Jabaar and Worthy made Riley, and Russell made Auerbach....whatever. Great coaches make great players better. Pop is a great coach.

Colin Cowherd has done nothing...he's just a talking head. Half the idiots in this place could sit in his chair and spew his ramble.

cjw
04-19-2018, 01:07 AM
I've always wondered how gasbags like Cowherd, Jim Rome, etc make so much money and manage to build such a large following, tbh..

At least Stephen A and Bayless are entertaining..

It’s like taking half the talking heads on cable news seriously who spew their party lines, but worse as they can make up whatever they want about sports without repercussions when those cable news channels have to maintain SOME integrity.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2018, 01:12 AM
It’s like taking half the talking heads on cable news seriously who spew their party lines, but worse as they can make up whatever they want about sports without repercussions when those cable news channels have to maintain SOME integrity.

True, politics is even worse, though, as some of those niggas make an unreal amount of money to say the same nonsense..

One of the most shocking things I've ever learned is that Rush Limbaugh is worth like $500 million:lol just doesn't make sense to me..

cjw
04-19-2018, 01:19 AM
True, politics is even worse, though, as some of those niggas make an unreal amount of money to say the same nonsense..

One of the most shocking things I've ever learned is that Rush Limbaugh is worth like $500 million:lol just doesn't make sense to me..

Think about how elections are won - riling up the base. Especially old people who vote in droves and sit around at home all day watching cable news / listening to talk radio. People eat up what they want to hear and tune in = advertising dollars.

Puts sports into perspective a bit that guys like Cowherd are there for comedy. But still get paid an ungoldy amount.

J_Paco
04-19-2018, 01:41 AM
Dummest take yet.

Cowiturd is the worst and anyone praying at his alter is a moron.

The team/Pop has had a down year, but any coach would without his one elite player and a misshapen roster (which Popovich is partly to blame for, TBQH).

ElNono
04-19-2018, 05:10 AM

Actually, politics in the US has been largely a 'sport' with 2 teams for quite a while, tbh... the elections are like the superbowl for some peeps

cjw
04-19-2018, 05:27 AM
Actually, politics in the US has been largely a 'sport' with 2 teams for quite a while, tbh... the elections are like the superbowl for some peeps

Except people take it as seriously as English soccer hooligans, despite the fact that there’s a constant ebb and flow between the two parties in office and nothing that happens in Washington generally affects them other than marginally.

Meanwhile the social media / cable TV age has drowned attention and people have zero clue what’s going on at a state and local level and barely vote. Going to see a lot of broke states and municipalities from overtaxation pushing away tax bases + misallocated tax revenue not providing adequate services to people but instead lining pockets of politicians’ buddies.

rjv
04-19-2018, 09:52 AM
cowherd probably has a legion of supporters from ST considering how appealing he must be to major douche bags. cowherd is a total jerk off.

Keepin' it real
04-19-2018, 10:36 AM
I don't listen to Cowturd on the radio, but I will watch on TV ... mainly for:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LX83fC1Jml4/maxresdefault.jpg

spurraider21
04-19-2018, 12:33 PM
cowherd can be entertaining. i never liked rome. there was period of time when first take was fun just because skip would always want to talk about the spurs.

i never cared for their takes/analysis... but good way to pass the time when driving to school/work

phxspurfan
04-19-2018, 01:03 PM
What poor timing. Typical media

BD24
04-19-2018, 01:35 PM
He said Bowen could've averaged 19 pts..... Big Bowen fan, but not even I believe that.
Did he really? What a fucking moron lol.

how the fuck was Bowen gonna get to 19 a night?:lol

coachmac87
04-19-2018, 01:38 PM
Doug Gotleb shut this shit down...

Nice try “Super Cam” you’re the fan of the most overrated diva in the NFL :lmao