PDA

View Full Version : Will Kawhi show up tonight?

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Call it, will he finally join his team on the bench tonight following the death of Pop's wife?..what a perfect time to put basketball issues aside and unite as a family..just sit there for 3 hours..

And if he doesn't, will you feel a type of way about it?

Robz4000
04-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Doubt it.

bklynspursfan
04-19-2018, 11:14 AM
I don't expect him to be there. I would just hope he reached out privately. It was mentioned TP was at Pop's house last night, I imagine not all players were there, but assume they were able to reach out to him.

Holden_Caulfield
04-19-2018, 11:19 AM
doubt it. hes been medically cleared and he wont even chill at the bench.

John B
04-19-2018, 11:22 AM
I think he’ll be there. I think Spurs will win tonight for Pops. McGee I think is out and I doubt ZaaZaa will play good, so I expect LMA to dominate :flag:

gospursgojas
04-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Pretty sure he’s in NY

DPG21920
04-19-2018, 11:32 AM
I would not expect him to be there and wouldn’t think any less of him for not being there.

I hope he reached out though.

spurs10
04-19-2018, 11:34 AM
Me and my son will be there. With all my heart with Pop and his family.

spurs10
04-19-2018, 11:36 AM
I would not expect him to be there and wouldn’t think any less of him for not being there.

I hope he reached out though.Absolutely! I’m sure he reached out....puts all this media bs in context.

Clipper Nation
04-19-2018, 11:38 AM
I've always been a Kawhi fan, but I must admit, if he doesn't show up to this game, it will lower my opinion of him unless he has a valid reason. And no, just continuing to say he's rehabbing in New York without giving proof isn't good enough.

lefty
04-19-2018, 12:01 PM
Yes he will be on the bench and coach the team

Play Boban
04-19-2018, 12:03 PM
HE BETTER SHOW UP.

But that sob won’t.

SpursforSix
04-19-2018, 12:06 PM
https://yt3.ggpht.com/-9qCKU6U4GCY/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/y18Exl7zSYw/s48-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg my leg hurts

spursistan
04-19-2018, 12:16 PM
I've always been a Kawhi fan, but I must admit, if he doesn't show up to this game, it will lower my opinion of him unless he has a valid reason. And no, just continuing to say he's rehabbing in New York without giving proof isn't good enough.
:wow

spursistan
04-19-2018, 12:19 PM
Don't expect him to be there..

But then again I have long started to ask what this dude is actually made of. His weirdo-aloofness has become a frightening thing.

hater
04-19-2018, 12:24 PM
:lmao thinking Kawhi gives a shit about his ex-coaches wives

Play Boban
04-19-2018, 12:25 PM
Only yes is dabom, who continues to say Kawhi is going to play in this series. :lol

Play Boban
04-19-2018, 12:26 PM
:lmao thinking Kawhi gives a shit about his ex-coaches wives
He wouldn’t even sign that one poster’s cute daughter’s autograph tbh. A real piece of work. The warning signs were all there tbh.

jimbo
04-19-2018, 12:35 PM

I feel the other way around. I wouldn't expect him to be there because I have low standards for him, and I will think less of him for him to not be there.

It makes me feel disgusted that he's putting business above something like this. Cause let's be real for a second here, Kawhi could hop on a jet from New York to San Antonio, and fly back the next day with ease. It's not like he's just an average joe, dude could afford to get chartered both ways.

Chris
04-19-2018, 12:41 PM
https://yt3.ggpht.com/-9qCKU6U4GCY/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/y18Exl7zSYw/s48-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg my leg hurts

:lol

SAGirl
04-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Voted no. I didn’t think he was going to be there prior to Mrs. Pop death and while I think he will give his condolences to Pop privately I am assuming he wants to avoid the media.

Considering circumstances he should show up, but I don’t expect him to and I don’t think it will be worse than anything that has already gone down. He does feel less and less like a Spur already unfortunately.

His sister defending him on social media: “Kawhi is still a Spur” ... “still”

apalisoc_9
04-19-2018, 12:48 PM
Out of respect he should stay in NY.

No need to make this situation about him.

Sometimes I wonder what people eat in San Antonio to think its more respectful to go to the game and have the media talk about Kawhi.

Its not his day. Stay In NY.

RD2191
04-19-2018, 12:50 PM

Sometimes I wonder what people eat in San Antonio to think its more respectful to go to the game and have the media talk about Kawhi.

Truth bomb tbh

phxspurfan
04-19-2018, 12:59 PM
He will be the true Supermax alpha team leader he is and chill in his hotel room in NY eating cheesecake

elemento
04-19-2018, 01:01 PM
Nah.

The media will trash him regardless if he appears or not. So why would he ?

UZER
04-19-2018, 01:02 PM

Damned if you, do damned if you don’t.

hater
04-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Damned if you, do damned if you don’t.

Or maybe he should have joined his team to start the playoffs like any real teammate

Brazil
04-19-2018, 01:04 PM
Out of respect he should show up yes but he won't

phxspurfan
04-19-2018, 01:05 PM
Or maybe he should have joined his team to start the playoffs like any real teammate

What he should have done is declare himself out for the year in February and sit behind the bench with his guys.

Brazil
04-19-2018, 01:05 PM
Nah.

The media will trash him regardless if he appears or not. So why would he ?

why ? :lol wtf is this question

you think time is to consider what the media would do or not ? wtf is wrong with you ?

tmtcsc
04-19-2018, 01:07 PM
Where was the option for 'Fuck No". Dude doesn't give a shit about any one on his team right now.

K...
04-19-2018, 01:08 PM
The real test is does he call, autistic people really struggle with this situation. He'll probably just observe a moment of silence during fortnite

phxspurfan
04-19-2018, 01:09 PM
Where was the option for 'Fuck No". Dude doesn't give a shit about any one on his team right now.

Not his team. LMA’s team now. Pop has basically said as much.

tmtcsc
04-19-2018, 01:11 PM
Not his team. LMA’s team now. Pop has basically said as much.

I gained a lot of respect for Aldridge this past year. He wasn't happy but made amends with Pop and has delivered. He played his ass off and was competitive in the last game. IF its his team now, he earned it.

Biggems
04-19-2018, 01:15 PM
Me and my son will be there. With all my heart with Pop and his family.

Maybe just before tipoff, yall can start an Erin Erin Erin chant and keep it going for a few minutes......that would be pretty cool.

weeks
04-19-2018, 02:05 PM

high iq post.

it would probably end up being a huge distraction anyway.

frankly i've gone from thinking kawhi is a bitch to kinda legit thinking he's just really autistic and weird. like he definitely has something different going on in his head and having worked with people in the mental health industry, you just can't hold them to the same standard as normies. it's never really personal, they just exist so much inside their own heads and don't understand human interactions or what people might think of them.

TheRemix
04-19-2018, 02:09 PM
Agree with apa.

Kawhi won't make an appearance tonight. He's too focused on himself. I'm sure he made a call to pop and expressed his condolences but thats it

elemento
04-19-2018, 02:17 PM
why ? :lol wtf is this question

you think time is to consider what the media would do or not ? wtf is wrong with you ?

lol

Erin's death is terrible but it's not a reason for Leonard to show up in a meaningless series where everyone knows SA has no chance. Leonard has made his decision a long time ago. There's no reason to change it.

hater
04-19-2018, 02:20 PM
Agree with apa.

Kawhi won't make an appearance tonight. He's too focused on himself. I'm sure he made a call to pop and expressed his condolences but thats it

Too focused trying to wipe his ass without assistance

r0drig0lac
04-19-2018, 03:13 PM
whatever

benefactor
04-19-2018, 03:20 PM
Why would he? He has one foot out the door

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-19-2018, 03:31 PM

This.

Brazil
04-19-2018, 03:51 PM
lol

Erin's death is terrible but it's not a reason for Leonard to show up in a meaningless series where everyone knows SA has no chance. Leonard has made his decision a long time ago. There's no reason to change it.

You still don't make any sense, the reasons for Leonard to show up are not related to basketball. It is quite obvious the whole team is devastated by the news, him being present is just showing solidarity.

I obviously think he reached out Pop but showing up would have been a nice gesture.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2018, 03:52 PM
The "taking attention away" argument isn't valid IMO..

You'll see if he doesn't show up tonight.. he'll get killed all over the media, so it will be "taking attention away" regardless, tbh..sucks, but the media is going to eat in both scenarios..

elemento
04-19-2018, 04:02 PM
You still don't make any sense, the reasons for Leonard to show up are not related to basketball. It is quite obvious the whole team is devastated by the news, him being present is just showing solidarity.

I obviously think he reached out Pop but showing up would have been a nice gesture.

You sound silly bro no offense. The media is going to eat him alive if he shows up or not. If it's not related to basketball, then why the hell should he show up in a fucking basketball game to show a nice gesture? Leonard can reach out and do it privately, the Spurs way.

We're not a circus like the Lakers.

Brazil
04-19-2018, 04:12 PM
You sound silly bro no offense. The media is going to eat him alive if he shows up or not. If it's not related to basketball, then why the hell should he show up in a fucking basketball game to show a nice gesture? Leonard can reach out and do it privately, the Spurs way.

We're not a circus like the Lakers.

:rolleyes who fucking cares if media will eat him alive or not ? that's fucking stupid and it would be surprising media would even dare questionning him about bb in a day like that. I'm pretty sure he did privately.. I'm just saying it would be a nice gesture not only for Pop but also for the rest of the team.. when you see TP, Manu interviews, Erin was more than the coach wife for everybody inside the organization.. you think he reached out privately everybody ?

and btw I agree we're not a circus like the Lakers, but you don't seem to understand what a circus is.. Kawhi showing up is the opposite of a circus..

anyway let us proceed

apalisoc_9
04-19-2018, 04:13 PM
The "taking attention away" argument isn't valid IMO..

You'll see if he doesn't show up tonight.. he'll get killed all over the media, so it will be "taking attention away" regardless, tbh..sucks, but the media is going to eat in both scenarios..

Damn kawhi

spurraider21
04-19-2018, 04:14 PM
forget the attention. he should be there as a human being tbh...

:lol can you imagine "sorry pop, i know this is tough for you, but i couldnt come see you because, you know, the media might..."

elemento
04-19-2018, 04:41 PM
:rolleyes who fucking cares if media will eat him alive or not ? that's fucking stupid and it would be surprising media would even dare questionning him about bb in a day like that. I'm pretty sure he did privately.. I'm just saying it would be a nice gesture not only for Pop but also for the rest of the team.. when you see TP, Manu interviews, Erin was more than the coach wife for everybody inside the organization.. you think he reached out privately everybody ?

and btw I agree we're not a circus like the Lakers, but you don't seem to understand what a circus is.. Kawhi showing up is the opposite of a circus..

anyway let us proceed

Kawhi himself cares lol

Do you really doubt about the media creating a massive fuss about this shit? C'mon man, haven't you followed the freaking US elections ? hahahaha

Nice gesture for the team? Man, we're talking about the guy that refused to play and didn't even bother to show up and support the team in the playoffs . Kawhi does not give a fuck about this team. You can't compare him to Manu/TP.

Him showing up now would be the biggest fake gesture I've seen in the NBA. It would make me vomit.

Yeah, let us proceed.

MoSpur02
04-19-2018, 04:51 PM
He won't show up. The guys on the team don't want him there unless he's going to play

TheGreatYacht
04-19-2018, 04:52 PM

What don't they eat is the better question, tbh

tholdren
04-19-2018, 05:28 PM

Hes too scared of zsa zsa

MoSpur02
04-19-2018, 10:19 PM
So has anyone spotted Kawhi at the game?

Play Boban
04-19-2018, 10:24 PM
So has anyone spotted Kawhi at the game?
I saw him on a Fortnite server earlier.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2018, 10:28 PM
RIP Mrs. Popovich..salute to the players who showed up and paid their respects..

SAGirl
04-20-2018, 12:20 AM
A txt is the same as showing up... NOT!!!

ElNono
04-20-2018, 12:55 AM
Then some peeps dare to call Spurstalk posters savages...

Brutal stuff from Kawhi, tbh

spursistan
04-20-2018, 01:18 AM
Then some peeps dare to call Spurstalk posters savages...

Brutal stuff from Kawhi, tbh
Rehab couldn't wait another 3 or 4 days. Sometimes the joke is on us..:lol

He literally got the hell out of dodge after that player-only meeting. That's our franchise player.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-20-2018, 01:36 AM
Voted no. I didn’t think he was going to be there prior to Mrs. Pop death and while I think he will give his condolences to Pop privately I am assuming he wants to avoid the media.

Considering circumstances he should show up, but I don’t expect him to and I don’t think it will be worse than anything that has already gone down. He does feel less and less like a Spur already unfortunately.

His sister defending him on social media: “Kawhi is still a Spur” ... “still”

How recently did she say this?

apalisoc_9
04-20-2018, 01:40 AM
Rehab couldn't wait another 3 or 4 days. Sometimes the joke is on us..:lol

He literally got the hell out of dodge after that player-only meeting. That's our franchise player.

The spurs recommend him staying in NYC for rehab.

cjw
04-20-2018, 02:04 AM
Well, nobody else showed up tonight so why should Kawhi?

duncan2k5
04-20-2018, 04:24 AM
I'm glad he didn't come... What does that prove? Whatever he and Pop had to say to each other is all that matters... U guys want him to be on the bench for YOU... not Pop or his teammates

Thomas82
04-20-2018, 05:54 AM
How recently did she say this?

If I remember right, it was about 2 weeks ago.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-20-2018, 06:56 AM
No. He is detached from all things Spurs...except for his 20 million dollar paycheck. Must be nice.

Brazil
04-20-2018, 07:31 AM
Kawhi himself cares lol

Do you really doubt about the media creating a massive fuss about this shit? C'mon man, haven't you followed the freaking US elections ? hahahaha

Nice gesture for the team? Man, we're talking about the guy that refused to play and didn't even bother to show up and support the team in the playoffs . Kawhi does not give a fuck about this team. You can't compare him to Manu/TP.

Him showing up now would be the biggest fake gesture I've seen in the NBA. It would make me vomit.

Yeah, let us proceed.

bro you are all over the place... mad that Sao Paulo sucks nowadays ?

Kawhi cares yeah and he should not that's my point

You are comparing Kawhi drama with US elections ? really ? :lol

MoSpur02
04-20-2018, 07:47 AM
I'm glad he didn't come... What does that prove? Whatever he and Pop had to say to each other is all that matters... U guys want him to be on the bench for YOU... not Pop or his teammates

His teammates actually don't want him there so it actually doesn't matter if he wants to sit on the bench behind him. They don't care too much for him.

hater
04-20-2018, 07:51 AM
Spurs players have moved on from Mute Cancer and so should fans tbqh

We should be working on the best way to offload this cancerous guy to another team and take Fattys massive contract with him

elemento
04-20-2018, 08:55 AM
bro you are all over the place... mad that Sao Paulo sucks nowadays ?

Kawhi cares yeah and he should not that's my point

You are comparing Kawhi drama with US elections ? really ? :lol

1 - Don't care about incompetent and corrupted people. That's SPFC atm. As long as "Leco the President" is there, I'm not watching SPFC anymore.
2 - Regardless how we feel about Leonard, we can't tell him how to live. As I said, he didn't show up and it was the right decision IMO.
3 - I never compared anything. I simply stated that the media will do anything to sell. The election was a Circus and the media loves it. They would have loved to create a story about Leonard/Pop/Erin.

Play Boban
04-20-2018, 09:03 AM
Why do you guys even think he texted Pop? I doubt he did. He has said nothing in weeks. Can he even talk?

Brazil
04-20-2018, 09:04 AM
1 - Don't care about incompetent and corrupted people. That's SPFC atm. As long as "Leco the President" is there, I'm not watching SPFC anymore.
2 - Regardless how we feel about Leonard, we can't tell him how to live. As I said, he didn't show up and it was the right decision IMO.
3 - I never compared anything. I simply stated that the media will do anything to sell. The election was a Circus and the media loves it. They would have loved to create a story about Leonard/Pop/Erin.

1- Rai arrival is not a good news ? I like the player he was, not sure he has what it takes to coach
2- I've a different pov
3- well yes you compared both.. there is nothing comparable

elemento
04-20-2018, 09:13 AM
1- Rai arrival is not a good news ? I like the player he was, not sure he has what it takes to coach
2- I've a different pov
3- well yes you compared both.. there is nothing comparable

1 - Not only him but also Ricardo Rocha and It's great news, but Leco is still there. He is SPFC's cancer.

2 - We do no problem on that.

3 - No I did not.

But we can move on now

bklynspursfan
04-21-2018, 09:08 AM
Kawhi's brother in law was in a pretty serious car accident. (I assume in SA) I wonder if he took a trip back home or not

tholdren
04-21-2018, 10:23 AM
Kawhi's brother in law was in a pretty serious car accident. (I assume in SA) I wonder if he took a trip back home or not

Dont care