PDA

View Full Version : So was making the playoffs really worth it?

davi78239
04-19-2018, 10:33 PM
Got in to get smoked and out. All for What? Could of gotten a higher pick and saved ourselves the misery. Ijs...

mexicanjunior
04-19-2018, 10:34 PM
Of course not...

testies
04-19-2018, 10:34 PM
Do you really trust our shit FO to draft well?

They drafted players that should be in the 1980s whilst we are in the pinnacle of the 3 point era

Spurtacular
04-19-2018, 10:35 PM
Would've been worth it if they hadn't played like gutless worms. This should've been a competitive series, tbh.

vy65
04-19-2018, 10:36 PM
Lol

lilbthebasedgod
04-19-2018, 10:39 PM
Definitely not.

jehawk81
04-19-2018, 10:43 PM
Even with a higher pick this roster is ass & the pick wouldn't improve the team one bit. This team, as currently constructed, is in dire need of a makeover.. & it's not just the players, it's the philosophy. These ain't the '12-'14 Spurs with highly skilled high IQ guys anymore. We're overmatched talent wise, athletic wise & coaching wise.

So to answer the OP, yes it was worth it - if simply because we definitely wouldn't be better off next year with a higher draft pick

baseline bum
04-19-2018, 10:44 PM
This was an easy call. Would have been nice to stay the ten seed.

Keepin' it real
04-19-2018, 10:44 PM
Yup. / thread

Robz4000
04-19-2018, 10:45 PM
This was an easy call. Would have been nice to stay the ten seed.

DaBears
04-19-2018, 10:46 PM
Not this SPURS team, while I bleed sliver & black it is hard to watch this team. How did they get so bad, with shooting.
its like a complete disaster for them on the offensive side or the ball..

BackHome
04-19-2018, 10:47 PM
Unless we could get a top 5
pick then not worth tanking. Besides only way we going to get better is to hope we can do a Kawhi trade for picks and players. Only keep maybe three or four of current roster the others need to be traded or released

NASpurs
04-19-2018, 10:47 PM
Nothing like getting bent over and say “it was worth it”.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-19-2018, 10:48 PM
Pounding the Cock enthusiasts and reddit neckbeards will tout the 21-year playoff record tbh

DaBears
04-19-2018, 10:53 PM
I hate to say it and I really do not like sayin it, but the few years descsions this PATafO have made have really planned out.
Kind started when TD left, sign of an altime great player...

Leetonidas
04-19-2018, 10:55 PM
Yes. Good to keep the streak of playoff ball alive even if we suck ass. Gotta find some good in this shit season

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-19-2018, 11:06 PM
If the Spurs had won one more game and gotten the six seed they’d probably be beating Portland.

KDKSpurs24
04-19-2018, 11:08 PM
Would've been worth it if they hadn't played like gutless worms. This should've been a competitive series, tbh.
No dude.. the team just isn’t talented. Just a bunch of bad pieces put together. Can’t even shoot. Don’t even have to guard half of the players. They played hard but playing hard isn’t enough.

Chucho
04-19-2018, 11:09 PM
Any pick outside the top ten is a crap shoot at best in the NBA.

The tools that compose the majority of "fans" in this place ragging on Kawhi for being a wet pussy wanting the team to be one big fat wet pusssy and tank for a shot in the dark is soooooooo fucking ironic. Gutless worms like Leonard.

KDKSpurs24
04-19-2018, 11:09 PM
If the Spurs had won one more game and gotten the six seed they’d probably be beating Portland.

baseline bum
04-19-2018, 11:10 PM
Any pick outside the top ten is a crap shoot at best in the NBA.

The tools that compose the majority of "fans" in this place ragging on Kawhi for being a wet pussy wanting the team to be one big fat wet pusssy and tank for a shot in the dark is soooooooo fucking ironic. Gutless worms like Leonard.

So if picks outside of #10 are crapshoots why shouldn't the team tank when they're completely devoid of young talent to build around?

Spurtacular
04-19-2018, 11:11 PM
No dude.. the team just isn’t talented. Just a bunch of bad pieces put together. Can’t even shoot. Don’t even have to guard half of the players. They played hard but playing hard isn’t enough.

No. They don't get a pass with a Curry out. This team has no grit.

Crazymaddopeyo
04-19-2018, 11:13 PM
So if picks outside of #10 are crapshoots why shouldn't the team tank when they're completely devoid of young talent to build around?

Because it would be obvious and they would be punished. Also, who’s to say what happens at the end of the season, key players could get injured.

Chucho
04-19-2018, 11:14 PM

So, lose games and tell the fans "fuck you" is better than giving it your all for more G league caliber players?

daslicer
04-19-2018, 11:14 PM
Nope definitely not worth it to lose to the Warriors.

Mugen
04-19-2018, 11:16 PM
Nothing like getting bent over and say “it was worth it”.

:lol

raybies
04-19-2018, 11:17 PM
i don't know lol... maybe vy was on to something... where the gutless worms thread at?

Mikeanaro
04-19-2018, 11:18 PM
It was, proves the point that Spurs are done with these players, Bertans, Forbes, Murray, Gasol, are soft utter shit.
Even Fathead is not that bad, but is not working here because there are too many scrubs.

Also Green sucks a lot, is like having 5 Bonners.

vy65
04-19-2018, 11:19 PM
That participation trophy gonna look good next to those championship banners

baseline bum
04-19-2018, 11:20 PM
So, lose games and tell the fans "fuck you" is better than giving it your all for more G league caliber players?

They desperately need young talent and the only way they're going to get it (other than trading Leonard and Aldridge) is in the draft given how appealing a market San Antonio is to free agents. The draft is the one thing RC Buford excels at.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2018, 11:20 PM
It was a great series to make money, so it was definitely worth it..

Mugen
04-19-2018, 11:22 PM
It was a great series to make money, so it was definitely worth it..

:lol truer words have never been spoken tbh

Chinook
04-19-2018, 11:22 PM
Yes. The NBA season for me ends the moment the Spurs are eliminated. It's worth it to have another week. Obviously would have been more worth it to be up 2-1 over Portland though. But they were a win short of that.

baseline bum
04-19-2018, 11:23 PM
That participation trophy gonna look good next to those championship banners

Leonard didn't want it next to his Finals MVP so decided to focus on Fortnite this postseason.

Keepin' it real
04-19-2018, 11:28 PM
If the Spurs had won one more game and gotten the six seed Lillard and McCollum would both be averaging 30 ppg and Portland would be looking like a legit threat.

FIFY

NASpurs
04-19-2018, 11:29 PM
FIFY

crofl it’s true

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2018, 11:30 PM
At least the off-season should be exciting with all the uncertainty..so much potential for change..

Trading Kawhi and his group should get some fresh, young talent..I'll pray every night for Aldridge to get traded, as well, but that won't happen..

baseline bum
04-19-2018, 11:32 PM
At least the off-season should be exciting with all the uncertainty..so much potential for change..

Trading Kawhi and his group should get some fresh, young talent

Not if he pulls a Paul George and says he won't extend anywhere but LA. I think I'll pass on Julian for $22 million.

daslicer
04-19-2018, 11:32 PM

Trading Kawhi and his group should get some fresh, young talent..I'll pray every night for Aldridge to get traded, as well, but that won't happen..

:lol Have to admit that's funny. I'm looking forward to trading the group the most. They are a bunch of amateurs even compared to Lebron's entourage.

$pursDynasty
04-19-2018, 11:33 PM
Pounding the Cock enthusiasts and reddit neckbeards will tout the 21-year playoff record tbh
I will too because I surely wouldn't want Kiwi's weak ass costing us our playoff record too, then the destruction would be complete

Chucho
04-19-2018, 11:35 PM
They desperately need young talent and the only way they're going to get it (other than trading Leonard and Aldridge) is in the draft given how appealing a market San Antonio is to free agents. The draft is the one thing RC Buford excels at.

When people got wise to the team being held up by Leonard and started tanking talk, we were well on the road into the POs, a tight race made it seem otherwise to the pro-tank crowd. Wow, miss the POs for maybe a 15-20 pick instead of 20-23 or so isn't worth it, to me. We'd get our useless player we'd have gotten with the team telling the fan base to fuck off. No thanks, not a subscriber of begging for scraps that we'd get anyways.

objective
04-19-2018, 11:35 PM
Of course it wasn't worth it.

Beyond the draft implications, it would have avoided this whole Kawhi attendance inferno that's been raging.

Austin_Toros
04-19-2018, 11:38 PM
Moving up “only” 4 spots or so in the draft is better than getting swept in first round

gambit1990
04-19-2018, 11:42 PM
it was not.

if you want the spurs to make the playoffs over getting a higher draft pick then you’re just being selfish.

baseline bum
04-19-2018, 11:43 PM
When people got wise to the team being held up by Leonard and started tanking talk, we were well on the road into the POs, a tight race made it seem otherwise to the pro-tank crowd. Wow, miss the POs for maybe a 15-20 pick instead of 20-23 or so isn't worth it, to me. We'd get our useless player we'd have gotten with the team telling the fan base to fuck off. No thanks, not a subscriber of begging for scraps that we'd get anyways.

You miss the playoffs you're at pick 14 or better. Obviously they weren't going to tank but I was hoping Aldridge would turn an ankle or something to be knocked out a couple of weeks. But next season they should trade Aldridge and tank full on unless they get some ridiculously good trade package for Leonard that can give them a puncher's chance at a title.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2018, 11:50 PM
Pop has very few years left and Manu is probably playing his last games, they were never going to tank..

Hoops Czar
04-19-2018, 11:54 PM
?
Pop has very few years left and Manu is probably playing his last games, they were never going to tank..

Actually, Manu already *has* a contract for next season...

That's what you think.:lol

Seventyniner
04-19-2018, 11:57 PM
Definitely worth it.

cd98
04-20-2018, 12:20 AM
As a fan, mixed feelings, but I’m ready for this season to end.

ElNono
04-20-2018, 12:56 AM
That's what you think.:lol

Manu signed a 2 year deal last summer... obviously, he could choose to retire, but his contract for next season is fully guaranteed.

Slippy
04-20-2018, 03:39 AM
Playoffs have exposed a some of the spurs major weaknesses in players & their games. To the point that substantial changes are required. EG... Point guard play & 3 point shooting ability

During the regular season these deficiencies were there but weren't as obvious . There will be silver lining out of this.

Chillen
04-20-2018, 03:51 AM
Spurs without their star player and Pop for 1 game. Warriors without Curry so again this isn't a fair battle, it's just that the Spurs with what they have Warriors still have 3 all-stars giving Spurs a good wooping. Still take solace in this isn't a fair matchup and last years WCF same shit except for game 1 and Pop coached the whole series. Hoping New Orleans gives the Warriors a battle next round.

Playoffs have exposed a some of the spurs major weaknesses in players & their games. To the point that substantial changes are required. EG... Point guard play & 3 point shooting ability

During the regular season these deficiencies were there but weren't as obvious . There will be silver lining out of this.

I would not be surprised if Spurs just made minor tweaks to the roster in the offseason.

Slippy
04-20-2018, 04:11 AM
Geez i hope not. Fools gold. Last years supporting cast was better. They went backwards this season.

r0drig0lac
04-20-2018, 06:55 AM

no

UZER
04-20-2018, 07:13 AM
I wanted them to miss. But I’m glad they made it and played the GSW since that’s who everyone is trying to catch. It showed how much this constructed roster sucks! The “zagging” from PATFO has to stop. Get athletes in here and players that can and aren’t afraid to shoot that aren’t stiffs.

Ice009
04-20-2018, 09:15 AM
The main reason I wanted to make the playoffs is because I thought Kawhi was going to be back, or at least give it a real go.

Also, I thought they would finish at least 6th, so I thought they had a chance in round 1. If I knew Kawhi wasn't going to be back, I would not have wanted them to make the playoffs at all. After they lost both games in LA, they should have just tossed it in and went for the draft pick. I knew there was no chance in heck they'd win in New Orleans, so finishing either 7th or 8th was a complete waste of time.

SAGirl
04-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Aside from the team making money and merchandising (That playoff tent right?) Which you need to keep the team in SA, there are things that only get exposed in the playoffs IMO. You always learn things about the team in the playoffs. They aren't picking up a "sure thing" difference maker a couple of picks ahead. The tank may be in full force in future seasons tied to Kiwi's fate anyways.

Spurtacular
04-20-2018, 01:16 PM
no

:lol Today's ST poster
:lol Giving a pass on even being competitive

04-20-2018, 02:07 PM
Maybe it was worth it for a team like the Timberwolves, who hadn't been there since 2004.

Definitely not for a team like the Spurs who have been there, but have a roster with declining players and young players with minimum upside, except for maybe Dejounte and possibly Derrick White (need to see more of him in actual NBA games before I'm convinced)

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-20-2018, 03:03 PM
No playoffs makes us as good as the Lakers and whoever else didn't make it. Atlanta? Weren't they bad? Thinking that missing would have scored a golden child savior is ridiculous. Take a look at the last ten years first overall picks. How many are still in league? Playing at the level of a number one? Track record of hurt? Heck take the last 20 years of number ones.

This team has its top five player it's too bad he too busy playing fortnite...hey KL come over to PUBG its way better

r0drig0lac
04-20-2018, 03:28 PM
:lol Today's ST poster
:lol Giving a pass on even being competitive

wtf, I talked before the series started that would be 4x0 gsw with easy victories, I still can not understand how someone thought that spurs would have chance to win some game, spurs is by far the worst team among the 16 in the playoffs

spurraider21
04-20-2018, 04:03 PM
if this playoff series accomplished nothing more than convincing the spurs not to bring back anderson... then that's probably worth the difference of a few draft spots

tholdren
04-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Always it shows who can compete and who cant. Nba is 3 players. The rest is talentless

MannyIsGod
04-22-2018, 04:52 PM
It was worth it just for this 4th quarter.

Play Boban
04-22-2018, 04:57 PM
It was worth it just for this 4th quarter.
:wow

SAGirl
04-22-2018, 07:36 PM
Yes!!!!
:flag:

Keepin' it real
04-22-2018, 07:39 PM
Yup. / thread

DAF86
04-22-2018, 07:41 PM
It was worth it for Manu to pasa that SOB Reggie Miller on the all-time 3pts playoffs made, tbh.