PDA

View Full Version : Proud of the Spurs...

apalisoc_9
04-19-2018, 10:37 PM
Lets be real here for a second, the team is deficient in talent. I know chinnok amd the others like to think the system is bigger than the players but the fact of the matter is that no hipster opinion is going to change the and fix the severe limitation this team has.

Pop built this team with the idea that Kawhi is gonna carry these role players to glory. But Kawhi is not playing so everyone is getting exposed.

But make no mistake, Ive watched every game this year and this team never lacked effort. They worked hard and dont deserve to be shit on.

Spurtacular
04-19-2018, 10:38 PM
Faggot wanting attention.

mexicanjunior
04-19-2018, 10:39 PM
Fuck this team...

AFMadison
04-19-2018, 10:40 PM
Team has talented players, just runs a shit offense. It’s plain and simple tbh.

Arcadian
04-19-2018, 10:42 PM
Well yes, the OP is actually right. There are very few NBA starter-level players on this team, and Kawhi was the real league MVP of last season. Given those facts, this season was about par for the course.

offset formation
04-19-2018, 10:42 PM
Lets be real here for a second, the team is deficient in talent. I know chinnok amd the others like to think the system is bigger than the players but the fact of the matter is that no hipster opinion is going to change the and fix the severe limitation this team has.

Pop built this team with the idea that Kawhi is gonna carry these role players to glory. But Kawhi is not playing so everyone is getting exposed.

But make no mistake, Ive watched every game this year and this team never lacked effort. They worked hard and dont deserve to be shit on.

:bobo

offset formation
04-19-2018, 10:43 PM

Moron says what?

TheGreatYacht
04-19-2018, 10:43 PM
The same faggots that kept swearing Fathead & Green were good are nowhere to be seen. Drunkford should be fired on the spot if either of those scrubs gets an extension

daslicer
04-19-2018, 10:44 PM

Outside of Aldridge there is nobody who can get an easy bucket when the team's offense is clogged. Look at how the Warriors now double teaming Aldridge left and right and nobody on the Spurs can make them pay for doing it.

ducks
Not proud if Leonard he is a spurs

apalisoc_9
If there was one minor complaint, its the coaching stuff inability to get Gay more involved.

With severe limitations offensively, they really had very limited option..

apalisoc_9
04-19-2018, 10:45 PM
The same faggots that kept swearing Fathead & Green were good are nowhere to be seen. Drunkford should be fired on the spot if either of those scrubs gets an extension

You think RC is gonna do anything? Brah he probably spends more time in winehouse than the watching games :lol

AFMadison
04-19-2018, 10:45 PM
Outside of Aldridge there is nobody who can get an easy bucket when the team's offense is clogged. Look at how the Warriors now double teaming Aldridge left and right and nobody on the Spurs can make them pay for doing it.
It’s because the spurs run a shit offense

offset formation
04-19-2018, 10:46 PM

Yep. Easiest job to manage against the Spurs. Double Aldridge.

hater
04-19-2018, 10:47 PM
One of the worst professional teams ever assembled

Blow it up

Arcadian
04-19-2018, 10:48 PM
If this wasn't a forest fire of a season, we would've had a solid chance of contending. The west is weaker than it has been in years, and the east is even worse. The 2016-17 Spurs would win the championship against this season's competition.

What a fucking shame.

Down Under
04-19-2018, 10:48 PM
I reckon an Aldridge, Gay, Leonard frontline would be as formidable as any in the league. Desperately need a guard that can create a bit as well though. Anderson & Murray are good defensive players completely limited by their shot.

Spurtacular
04-19-2018, 10:49 PM
I'm a moron

Sign-out / sign-in

tholdren
04-19-2018, 10:49 PM
Well yes, the OP is actually right. There are very few NBA starter-level players on this team, and Kawhi was the real league MVP of last season. Given those facts, this season was about par for the course.

Lol

daslicer
04-19-2018, 10:50 PM

Not even that I have seen so many Spurs players left open tonight that can't hit open shots. The Spurs have nobody who can consistently take someone off the dribble and score along with creating their own shots. Parker and Manu used to this all the time but can only now do it in small spurts. Gay can also do it in spurts.

offset formation
04-19-2018, 10:50 PM
I reckon an Aldridge, Gay, Leonard frontline would be as formidable as any in the league. Desperately need a guard that can create a bit as well though. Anderson & Murray are good defensive players completely limited by their shot.

I expect Murray will get up 300,000 shots this summer and come back with an improved mid-range game.

If he can start hitting that shot, and slowly work his way out, he becomes deadly given his ability to play closer to the rim.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2018, 10:52 PM
It was a nice season, tbh..they proved many posters here wrong that said they couldn't make the playoffs without Kawhi..

Now it's time to stop relying on role players, recipe for failure..

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-19-2018, 10:53 PM
One of the worst professional teams ever assembled

Blow it up
Porker will be coming for a big pay day over the summer and Manure will probably grab a couple more sacks of cash as well. This shit is never gonna end

Down Under
04-19-2018, 10:54 PM
I expect Murray will get up 300,000 shots this summer and come back with an improved mid-range game.

If he can start hitting that shot, and slowly work his way out, he becomes deadly given his ability to play closer to the rim.
Fully agree, his percentage from 16ft - 3point line improved dramatically this season, but isn't really noticed because he doesn't take a whole lot & can't shoot 3's. I think eventually he becomes a pretty decent offensive player.

tholdren
04-19-2018, 10:55 PM

Lol wut

offset formation
04-19-2018, 10:56 PM
Lol wut

Lol, pay attention to the spurs way numnutz.

Parker and Kawhi both improved by doing precisely that.

Lol, wut.

tholdren
04-19-2018, 10:57 PM
Lol, pay attention to the spurs way numnutz.

Parker and Kawhi both improved by doing precisely that.

Lol, wut.

Youre a dumbass. Murray cant get to the rim. His shot gets blocked or he throws up a floater. Dont be a retard

tholdren
04-19-2018, 10:58 PM
Also boo this terrible team. No effort. Weak minded.

BSfromTX
04-19-2018, 10:59 PM

Please explain in detail.

Emperor
OP is right, these guys are getting their shots, just not making them. But the effort has been there for the most part. Plain and simple.

baseline bum

AFMadison is a Trumptard and hates Pop.

Ed Helicopter Jones
We’re only about 7 players away from being really, really good.

offset formation
Youre a dumbass. Murray cant get to the rim. His shot gets blocked or he throws up a floater. Dont be a retard

He's a great rebounder moron. He gets lots of putback, offensive rebound points.

KimmyGib
04-19-2018, 11:01 PM
Spurs in 7

apalisoc_9
04-19-2018, 11:04 PM
I dont understand how anyone can watch these limited players all year and think they didnt put in effort. The effort was there. The talent wasnt.

AFMadison
04-19-2018, 11:05 PM
Do you watch our offensive possessions. 2 + 2 = 4

tholdren
04-19-2018, 11:08 PM
He's a great rebounder moron. He gets lots of putback, offensive rebound points.

Lol no hes not hes a defensive rebound stealer. Thats like saying pau is a good rebounder. Murray is a worthless bum

Twisted_Dawg
04-19-2018, 11:21 PM
Same for Parker?

spursistan
04-19-2018, 11:22 PM
It boiled down to PATFO reading too much into a WCF and 23 points halftime lead over sleepwalking Warriors last season.

Fact is, that team was never that good to be run back as they were.

NASpurs
04-19-2018, 11:24 PM
Nothing like overcoming the odds and stepping up to the plate to prove mediocrity. Yay team.

apalisoc_9
04-19-2018, 11:25 PM
It boiled down to PATFO reading too much into a WCF and 23 points halftime lead over sleepwalking Warriors last season.

Fact is, that team was never that good to be run back as they were.

Last year team would be the second best in the league.

SAGirl
04-20-2018, 12:54 AM
Good thread OP. :tu
KawhiMVP carried this team on his back. I hope he gets healthy tbh. The team missed him. The team does need to move on from some players but they played without Kawhi all year and PATFO didn’t really made adjustments or improvements all season. Kudos to Aldridge.

FireMicoHalili
04-20-2018, 05:36 AM
And an idiot who just gave it to him 😂

daledondale
04-20-2018, 06:28 AM
We’re only about 7 players away from being really, really good.
Sadly, this.

r0drig0lac
04-20-2018, 06:40 AM

yep...Aldridge and....

99 Problems
04-20-2018, 06:49 AM
Yer even with our current limitations this team with Kawhi would win the championship. Lets face it 2017 playoff Kawhi on 5-6 teams wins you the chip tbh. And how lovely it would have been to send these clowns out in the first round. It would have surpassed 3-1 as the all time steaming dog sh#t memory of the collective NBA folklores. But the boys have given it all in a week that has got unforeseeably harder. Full credit tooem.

Prose
04-20-2018, 06:52 AM
I don’t like pau, Forbes, Anderson on this team.

Dverde
04-20-2018, 06:57 AM
This team overachieved considering the Kawhi situation. The team is just average except LMA. Amazing the are in the playoffs at all.

boutons_deux
04-20-2018, 07:03 AM

missed open shots, 46% FG, 15th in the league, isn't the system's problem, it's players who can't shoot

3Gs are the NBA game, now. Spurs' season 3G% is 35%, 26th in the league.

Spurs are even lower in playoff stats.

offset formation
04-20-2018, 07:18 AM
Lol no hes not hes a defensive rebound stealer. Thats like saying pau is a good rebounder. Murray is a worthless bum

Are you miserable all the time, or just every day?

Brazil
04-20-2018, 07:34 AM

yup pretty much spot on

tbdog
04-20-2018, 08:37 AM
You get exposed by the best team. But I can imagine we would actually be in control of this series if Barnes was playing and not Durant. That beta decision really has dampened this league.

SAGirl
04-20-2018, 09:58 AM
Good thread.
:flag:

MVPCues
04-20-2018, 10:03 AM

I expect the rumor Will be he worked on his ball handling and jump shot, both improved during the summer, but when next season starts he will be the same player.

offset formation
04-20-2018, 10:06 AM
I expect the rumor Will be he worked on his ball handling and jump shot, both improved during the summer, but when next season starts he will be the same player.

Also a possibility. But everyone raves about this kids work ethic. Just like they did for Parker and Kawhi.

boutons_deux
04-20-2018, 10:10 AM
Also a possibility. But everyone raves about this kids work ethic. Just like they did for Parker and Kawhi.

After many years of bball, HS, college, pro, he still can't shoot, and is a weak playmaker, passer, mover off-the-ball.

One summer won't produce significant improvement that he and the Spurs need.

offset formation
04-20-2018, 10:13 AM
After many years of bball, HS, college, pro, he still can't shoot, and is a weak playmaker, passer, mover off-the-ball.

One summer won't produce significant improvement that he and the Spurs need.

Parker was the same way. Couldn't shoot to save his life. Then developed a floater game and mid range game. With lots of work. I'm not gonna give up on his potential just yet. He's still like what, 21?

Ice009
04-20-2018, 10:27 AM
I'm not a big believer in becoming an great shooter if you have no feel for shooting whatsoever. Shooting always came naturally to me when I was a kid. I just had a good feel for it.

I'm not saying you can't become a very good shooter through hard work as there are players that have done it, but it's much, much harder if you don't have a feel for it at all. I'm not sure Murray does. You never know though, he may become competent at it through sheer hard work.

MVPCues
04-20-2018, 10:32 AM

I hope you are more correct than I am, but I didn't see enough development through the course of this year to think a few months of offseason will make it show up. He would shoot a conventional jumper now and then (and it usually looked decent), but most of the time he resorted to the one handed "almost a jump shot" floater. His lack of ball handling skills (bringing the ball up and probing the defense) was hidden by the quick pass once across half court and the point guard by committee.

elemento
04-20-2018, 10:33 AM
There's nothing to be proud about tbh

We have an extremely old/expensive core, we have no exciting young players and this is the worst season I've experienced as a SA fan.

DaBears
04-20-2018, 10:37 AM
OP is right, these guys are getting their shots, just not making them. But the effort has been there for the most part. Plain and simple.

Sure are, key problem is those guys getting the shots are not shooters.. Kyle Anderson is not a shooter! we all know that, Danny Green couldnt dribble to save his life or shoot with those AARP HIPS he has, Murray well lets not go there bcuz that poor sol doesnt have anything that can be called a shot. 2 of your 5 starters for most of the season cannot shoot... then through in bench players with same issue, and its a recipe for disaster...:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

spursistan
04-25-2018, 12:12 AM
Gotta respect the fight..Proud of this team..everyone of the them..

And fuck Kawhi Leonard..