PDA

View Full Version : Post your ideal Kawhi offseason

Pages : [1] 2

Kuestmaster
04-20-2018, 07:56 AM
Do you want to trade him?
Keep him to see if things can get back to normal and wait till next season for the extension?
Give him a supermax this july and wait if he accepts?

Personally, and I know we won't get the same value in return, but I want Kawhi gone. He didn't even show up to support this team, HIS team in the playoffs. He can't even bother to issue a statement or a press conference to set record straight and say he wants to be a spur.

Get as much value as we can and trade his sorry ass. To a lonely sorry franchise if it's possible.

I know probably Ainge won't do it, but if Boston sents a package around Tatum and the Nets draft pick I'd personally accompany Kawhi to the airport.

hater
04-20-2018, 07:59 AM
He leaves the spurs and takes Fatty Shits with him

MultiTroll
04-20-2018, 08:03 AM
Regains his health, returns to MVP form, gets on a team with LeBron, DJohn Murray, Dedman, a competent coach and staff.
Runs a train on the league and even WarriorRef cannot stop them from a legit Championship.

Only way that happens here is if Pock Face retires to his snowflake circuit and takes his yes men with him.

SuperCam
04-20-2018, 08:10 AM
kiwi for tatum+rozier+morris+2 firsts

kiwi for fultz+saric+1sts

kiwi+fatty for ingram+lonzo+filler+1sts

get it done PATFO :hungry:

Play Boban
04-20-2018, 09:08 AM
I’d rather outright cut him than have him on the roster next year. I’m that damn disgusted with this disgraceful pos. Hopefully, we can get some goods for him, though.

offset formation
04-20-2018, 09:32 AM
All I know is the Laker fan spoogefest on the Twitterverse to the recent report that off the record GMs expect the Lakers to go after Kawhi hard, is making me ill.

I can barely stomach Lakerfan as it is, now with the article, they are drooling over themselves.

And I can say this outright, if Kawhi is actually trying to force a trade to them, I hope like hell he doesn't get sent there if for no other reason than they are the lowest bunch of fan on the planet.

Also if true, Kawhi leonard will undoubtedly and instantly become the most despised ex-Spur. His name will be mud to 98% of us. I can't wait to see the reaction at the AT&T center on his annual visits for years to come, assuming that story is even true of course.

-21-
04-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Either he clears the air, gets healthy and regains his MVP form

or

trade him to Boston for Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and the Kings pick.

lmbebo
04-20-2018, 09:45 AM
Resign and return to form.

jermaine
04-20-2018, 09:48 AM
Get rid of him. He can't be trusted to even support the team. If you wanna rehab, that's fine. But he knew he has the whole off-season to do that. Support your team. I'm not saying play if you think you're hurt. But be the moral support your team needs. He didn't, so forget him.

cd98
04-20-2018, 10:21 AM
Resign and return to form.

This. Spurs will either do this or tank and stink for the next 5+ years and likely relocate to Seattle. We need Kawhi and to rebuild a better roster, which starts with giving free agents a reason to come and they aren't coming to play with anyone else we have on this roster.

ducks
04-20-2018, 10:26 AM
If he is going to be traded package him with either mills or gasol
Gasol has one year left?

SAGirl
04-20-2018, 10:27 AM
I'd rather he be back. I don't think spurfan will get a good enough package in exchange for him and they really don't know what they are saying when they want to tank. They may have to tank no matter what if Kawhi's leg is really gangrened unfortunately. There's no win/win here.

spurraider21
04-20-2018, 10:27 AM
reconcile... sign to deal

Uriel
04-20-2018, 10:30 AM
We re-sign him for the veteran minimum and free up cap space to sign LeBron.

lmbebo
04-20-2018, 10:41 AM
If he's to be traded, dead weight has to go with him. But makes it a complicated deal as well.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-20-2018, 10:45 AM
Ideal would be he comes back 100% and leads the Spurs to a championship, wins the MVP, and shuts up all the doubters in here.

clambake
04-20-2018, 10:45 AM
who is fathead
who is fat burger
who is shitburger
who is fatty shit

SpursforSix
04-20-2018, 10:49 AM
Ideally, we learn that everything was a big misunderstanding compounded by lack of communication.
Leonard returns to 100% health and continues to improve. He doesn't sign the Supermax because he
wants to prove that he's earned it. A month or two into the season, he's posting MVP numbers and
signs the deal. With the Spurs.

baseline bum
04-20-2018, 10:54 AM
Assuming Leonard is gone (and it's hard to see him staying after his act this year), Tatum + Brown + the Lakers 2018 pick (which goes to Boston if it's 2-5 or becomes the Sacramento pick in 2019 unless it's #1 overall, in which case it becomes Philly's 2019 pick).

TDomination
04-20-2018, 10:55 AM
Regain health and come back. I hope spurs talk with him and figure this mess out and find out that's it's in their best interest to keep him for the long run. And I hope kawhi can last long too.

The risk would be to keep him but then he gets hurt again. So We need another star player on this team in the event he gets hurt. Getting LeBron would be sweet but highly unlikely.

sasaint
04-20-2018, 11:01 AM
Ideal would be he comes back 100% and leads the Spurs to a championship, wins the MVP, and shuts up all the doubters in here.

That is the clear ideal. To that end, we need to re-tool and put a REAL PG next to him - things PATFO have never shown they are capable of doing.

Proxy
04-20-2018, 11:02 AM
who is fathead
who is fat burger
who is shitburger
who is fatty shit

https://media0.giphy.com/media/DowKEtWnLZcru/giphy.gif

Twisted_Dawg
04-20-2018, 11:03 AM
He advises he will only sign an extension with the Lakers, thus eliminating any other teams for seriously bidding for him, we have no choice but to trade him to the Lakes for crumbs for Kuzma, Hart and maybe Randle plus their 2019 1st. But this draws the ire of the basketball Gods who inflict upon Kawhi serious debilitating degenerative tendonitis and he never ever recovers to the player he once was and the Lakers eat a monster super max contract.

exstatic
04-20-2018, 11:04 AM
I'd rather he be back. I don't think spurfan will get a good enough package in exchange for him and they really don't know what they are saying when they want to tank. They may have to tank no matter what if Kawhi's leg is really gangrened unfortunately. There's no win/win here.

There's getting something, as opposed to nothing. He's going to walk (if he can!) at the end of next season if we don't trade him. I can't even imagine PATFO sanctioning another season of this drama and BULLSHIT.

SAGirl
04-20-2018, 11:17 AM
I'd rather get the opportunity to work things out with him than randle and a low 1st... They aren't getting Tatum and brown and a first, etc.

Leetonidas
04-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Ideal: sixers win the #1 pick and trade it with Fultz, Covington and Saric for Leonard

baseline bum
04-20-2018, 12:06 PM
He advises he will only sign an extension with the Lakers, thus eliminating any other teams for seriously bidding for him, we have no choice but to trade him to the Lakes for crumbs for Kuzma, Hart and maybe Randle plus their 2019 1st.

I'd rather get nothing whatsoever. Randle is a FA so you're probably talking a four year, $95 million contract for him if you make that trade. No thanks.

lmbebo
04-20-2018, 12:14 PM
He advises he will only sign an extension with the Lakers, thus eliminating any other teams for seriously bidding for him, we have no choice but to trade him to the Lakes for crumbs for Kuzma, Hart and maybe Randle plus their 2019 1st. But this draws the ire of the basketball Gods who inflict upon Kawhi serious debilitating degenerative tendonitis and he never ever recovers to the player he once was and the Lakers eat a monster super max contract.

Under no obligation to only trade with Lakers. If that is the crap thats offered, I say let Kwahi walk and put his money where his mouth is. He loses the supermax extension from us and whatever the higher max is with a trade. he wants to sign elsewhere as a free agent, let him do it. He'll lose around $80 million by doing that? Thats his choice...

Spurs da champs
04-20-2018, 12:14 PM
I'd rather get the opportunity to work things out with him than randle and a low 1st... They aren't getting Tatum and brown and a first, etc.

Ingram is going to be included at a bare minimum in any trade with the Fakers.

InRareForm
04-20-2018, 12:15 PM
Tatum, (another Boston player), 1st round pick

Brunodf
04-20-2018, 12:17 PM
1- Trade for a top5 pick+ 1st rounder + young non injury prone player

2- Keep him but don't offer any contract extension and let him play to qualify for the supermax again

Chucho
04-20-2018, 12:19 PM

spurraider21
04-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Ideal: sixers win the #1 pick and trade it with Fultz, Covington and Saric for Leonard
this potential sixers package is the best we've seen so far. i wonder if they'd actually part with all 4 of those pieces, though

that said, my #1 option is still to just reconcile with kawhi... but if we're dead set on moving him, thats the deal i want. the lakers/celtics packages that have been thrown around dont seem nearly as good

UZER
04-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Damn, the big names don’t want to play in SA stigma is only going to get louder and worse than it already is if the Spurs end up trading Kawhi. Aldridge signed then wanted to be traded. Now kawhi’s situation is a mess.

Spurs got to loosen the reigns a bit. They are beyond private and have an arrogance about how they run things and shut every out. I don’t mean go sign the And 1 b-ball team, but cmon man. Get some athletes in here and let them show some passion.

That ‘soul box’ bit on Gane of Zones was so accurate.

daslicer
04-20-2018, 12:28 PM
Trade him to the Sixers for their lottery pick,Fultz,Saric. I think this would be the worst situation for Kawhi since he doesn't get to go to LA. Also he would have to defer to younger players in Embiid,Simmons. In Philadelphia Kawhi would be forced to play a James Worthy type of role instead of being the man. He would also get overshadowed endorsement wise by Simmons and Embiid since those guys have bigger personalities then him. He would be put in a similar situation that LMA was the last few years which is his team would be winning but he probably wouldn't be happy with his role. Also if he wants to leave Philly to go to LA he would get crucified by the media for leaving a loaded team in a big market for a lottery squad. Added bonus the fans would be ruthless towards him when he sits out 10 games with a hang nail infection.

daslicer
04-20-2018, 12:30 PM
Damn, the big names don’t want to play in SA stigma is only going to get louder and worse than it already is if the Spurs end up trading Kawhi. Aldridge signed then wanted to be traded. Now kawhi’s situation is a mess.

Spurs got to loosen the reigns a bit. They are beyond private and have an arrogance about how they run things and shut every out. I don’t mean go sign the And 1 b-ball team, but cmon man. Get some athletes in here and let them show some passion.

That's a stigma every small market team has to deal with. It sucks but it is what it is. These guys all want to be in big markets.

offset formation
04-20-2018, 12:39 PM
That's a stigma every small market team has to deal with. It sucks but it is what it is. These guys all want to be in big markets.

True, but they'll pick SA over most other small market teams. Warmer than most all small market teams, except Orlando. Can golf during days off on nicer days. Bigger city than most. Coach Pop. Best franchise in sports, or at least basketball, moniker. Winning history.

They've actually landed a big name free agent. See Aldridge.
Have had role players wanting to come here for a chance to win. See West and Gay

League wide, I'd say there are only maybe a handful of locations that might be more desirable. Miami, NY & Brooklyn, Boston, LA, GS. Maybe Chicago when they're good. Atlanta, when they're good. Phoenix, when they're good.

Reaching on others, imo.

itzsoweezee
04-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Max extension,
LeBron losses in the first round and signs with the Spurs,
Spurs trade Patty,
Find a shooter with some size

spurraider21
04-20-2018, 12:46 PM
Trade him to the Sixers for their lottery pick,Fultz,Saric. I think this would be the worst situation for Kawhi since he doesn't get to go to LA. Also he would have to defer to younger players in Embiid,Simmons. In Philadelphia Kawhi would be forced to play a James Worthy type of role instead of being the man. He would also get overshadowed endorsement wise by Simmons and Embiid since those guys have bigger personalities then him. He would be put in a similar situation that LMA was the last few years which is his team would be winning but he probably wouldn't be happy with his role. Also if he wants to leave Philly to go to LA he would get crucified by the media for leaving a loaded team in a big market for a lottery squad. Added bonus the fans would be ruthless towards him when he sits out 10 games with a hang nail infection.
i think covington would have to be there just to make the salaries work

daslicer
04-20-2018, 12:50 PM
i think covington would have to be there just to make the salaries work

If that's the case I think the Sixers would still be down to do the trade.

Big Empty
04-20-2018, 01:12 PM
1. Re-sign Kawhi
2. Pursue Demarcus Cousins
3. Pursue Avery Bradley

Ginobili retires, Danny Green doesnt get re-signed, trade or cut Gasol to sign both these guys even if it involves dangling our #18 pick

BackHome
04-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Yeah I like the Philly trade plus would be nice to have the East Vs West be competitive like in the old days. If they do this trade and they all stay healthy they have 5 years easy of being in the finals.

Xevious
04-20-2018, 01:14 PM
Don't really care tbh. He can go fuck himself. Get what you can get for him and move on.

clambake
04-20-2018, 01:17 PM
has tim duncan said anything about the kawhi situation?

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2018, 01:22 PM
1. Re-sign Kawhi
2. Pursue Demarcus Cousins
3. Pursue Avery Bradley

Ginobili retires, Danny Green doesnt get re-signed, trade or cut Gasol to sign both these guys even if it involves dangling our #18 pick

:lol let go of a declining role player who can't shoot anymore, but then sign another declining role player who can't shoot anymore..

daslicer
04-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Yeah I like the Philly trade plus would be nice to have the East Vs West be competitive like in the old days. If they do this trade and they all stay healthy they have 5 years easy of being in the finals.

Agreed. The added bonus is we create a super team in the Sixers that throws a wrench in the Warriors plans to create long term dynasty like the 90's bulls, 80's Lakers.

exstatic
04-20-2018, 02:36 PM

People think he has a ton of leverage, but he really doesn't. He's already cost himself about $35M guaranteed in the form of the SuperMax (5/213M). If he threatens to not sign with a team, and the trade goes down anyway, he loses another $40M (5/179M --> 4/139M) in guaranteed money if he leaves. If he's traded to a very good team like Boston, it's really in his interest to stay. That's why I outright reject trades from trash teams like PHO. Most players don't have just one team they'll go to. Kyrie had like four on his list.

spursistan
04-20-2018, 02:38 PM
Kawhi watching this video would be cool, tbh..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMEQySM6zDI

DPG21920
04-20-2018, 02:45 PM
LA people are pushing this Kawhi thing hard. There will be significant pressure on Magic and Co for Kawhi.

Think about this from a LA fan perspective. LA, while in a good spot cap wise, is also on dicey ground. They have been bad for so long. They promised changes. They had a guy like Paul George outright saying he wanted to go there & they let OKC snatch him up. They have maybe a shot at Kawhi. If they let another team trade for Kawhi? LA would be at risk of 2 stars (one for sure in Paul George) wanting to go to LA very publicly but LA not taking care of business. If PG doesn’t sign with LA this off-season that is a MASSIVE PR blow. Then if LA fans see them not cough up a great package for Kawhi & he goes to another team like PG did? Dicey proposition for LA management

objective
04-20-2018, 02:53 PM
In order of preference

1. Kawhi signs a supermax extension like Embiid, with non guarantee triggers giving the Spurs outs if he misses too many games to quad issues

2. Kawhi is traded for Luca Doncic and whatever else they can get from that team

3. Straight up trade for LeBron. A long shot (0%) depending on LeBron opting in and Cleveland being willing, but they already have the infrastructure in place to contend in the East or could move him at the deadline and get more than they would have for LeBron.

4. Kawhi is banned from the team, banned from using team resources, and suspended without pay for all next year. Maybe he tries to show up to at least get his money. Whatever, he can still lbs banished like Noah. The whole time a whisper campaign against his ever playing again due to health issues will commence to try and get whatever team signs him to make it short or without full guarantees so that if he ever gets hurt seriously his whole lifetime earnings are severely impacted.

I don't want any of these other crap deals to make someone else a title winner like Boston or Philadelphia. I'm still pissed off at Pop dealing Rodman to Chicago, giving him everything he wanted while also giving them the missing piece after Horace Grant had left. Anyone with a clue knew the Bulls were winning the title after that.

Pop only had two offers: Chicago and Perdue and Milwaukee and Todd Day. I would have taken Day out of spite, or just suspended Rodman all year.

Making other teams champions is for suckers.

baseline bum
04-20-2018, 02:58 PM
In order of preference

1. Kawhi signs a supermax extension like Embiid, with non guarantee triggers giving the Spurs outs if he misses too many games to quad issues

2. Kawhi is traded for Luca Doncic and whatever else they can get from that team

3. Straight up trade for LeBron. A long shot (0%) depending on LeBron opting in and Cleveland being willing, but they already have the infrastructure in place to contend in the East or could move him at the deadline and get more than they would have for LeBron.

4. Kawhi is banned from the team, banned from using team resources, and suspended without pay for all next year. Maybe he tries to show up to at least get his money. Whatever, he can still lbs banished like Noah. The whole time a whisper campaign against his ever playing again due to health issues will commence to try and get whatever team signs him to make it short or without full guarantees so that if he ever gets hurt seriously his whole lifetime earnings are severely impacted.

I don't want any of these other crap deals to make someone else a title winner like Boston or Philadelphia. I'm still pissed off at Pop dealing Rodman to Chicago, giving him everything he wanted while also giving them the missing piece after Horace Grant had left. Anyone with a clue knew the Bulls were winning the title after that.

Pop only had two offers: Chicago and Perdue and Milwaukee and Todd Day. I would have taken Day out of spite, or just suspended Rodman all year.

:toast

That fucking Rodman trade completely changed the way he was perceived by NBA fans.

daslicer
04-20-2018, 03:02 PM
In order of preference

The bulls were going to get Jayson Williams had they not gotten Rodman. Jordan had recruited Jayson heavily and he was on the verge of omitting to them up until the Rodman trade happened. They still would have won titles with Williams instead had they not gotten Rodman.

daslicer
04-20-2018, 03:03 PM

That fucking Rodman trade completely changed the way he was perceived by NBA fans.

Agreed the trade set up Rodman for life. Without the trade he doesn't become a celebrity.

r0drig0lac
04-20-2018, 03:03 PM

this

objective
04-20-2018, 04:12 PM
The bulls were going to get Jayson Williams had they not gotten Rodman. Jordan had recruited Jayson heavily and he was on the verge of omitting to them up until the Rodman trade happened. They still would have won titles with Williams instead had they not gotten Rodman.

I don't remember even hearing that, but even if true they don't win as much. Williams wasn't the defender Rodman was at all, and furthermore they couldn't afford to keep him anyways, with Rodman they had Bird Rights

But also, screw Rodman over anyway. That clown sabotaged the Spurs so damn bad, don't give him what he wants.

daslicer
04-20-2018, 04:23 PM
I don't remember even hearing that, but even if true they don't win as much. Williams wasn't the defender Rodman was at all, and furthermore they couldn't afford to keep him anyways, with Rodman they had Bird Rights

But also, screw Rodman over anyway. That clown sabotaged the Spurs so damn bad, don't give him what he wants.

This article shows the bulls were targeting Jayson Williams originally http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1995-06-25/sports/9506250337_1_expansion-list-bulls-draft-day-approaches

Unfortunately Kawhi could still get what he wants even if the Spurs trade him to shit hole since he's an FA after next season. That's why I rather send him him to the Sixers. Even though he would win over there he would not be happy not being the 1 guy much like LMA wasn't happy here in SA the last few years. He would also be put in a tough situation that if he leaves the Sixers he would get crucified by the media for leaving a stacked team in a big market for a lottery team in the Lakers.

MoSpur02
04-20-2018, 04:58 PM
Ideal would be for Kawhi to resign. I have a hard time believing he will though. So the next best thing if he doesn't want to be here is to trade him for Boston's two studs Brown and Tatum and their pick. After that you trade Gasol to Memphis for JaMychal Green. After that you trade Mills for a pick. Resign Danny. Go after LeBron

YGWHI
04-20-2018, 05:46 PM
That's why I rather send him him to the Sixers. Even though he would win over there he would not be happy not being the 1 guy much like LMA wasn't happy here in SA the last few years. He would also be put in a tough situation that if he leaves the Sixers he would get crucified by the media for leaving a stacked team in a big market for a lottery team in the Lakers.

Unlike LMA, if Kawhi doesn't have the ball in his hands that much, he still plays at elite level and can win other DPOY which will increase his value in FA.

Some media guys are supporting him while they think he'll leave the best franchise in the world...Without a doubt, they'll support him again.

If the Spurs want to trade him and he ends in Philly, I'd like him to stay...They're young, they just need other top player to build a contender...I can imagine Kawhi dominating weak EC teams.

alpha_HaZE
04-20-2018, 05:50 PM
Ideal Kawhi off-season; Injury was legit, but he is healthy and remains a Spur! That is it! We cannot win without Kawhi and rebuilding our team by trading him will take us past LA's prime. It's a no-brainer to be honest.

Sign Lou Williams, extend Rudy (like you did Pau last off-season), bring Tony and Manu back at vet's min, bring Kyle and Davis back (it doesn't look like there is going to be a market for them). And look for improvement from within!

Mugen
04-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Kawhi's uncle dying

spurraider21
04-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Kawhi's uncle dying
:wow

phxspurfan
04-20-2018, 06:01 PM

The doubt will never be gone. He didn't handle this well. Even if the injury was legit, he pissed a lot of his teammates off, and disrespected the FO and medical staff.

phxspurfan
04-20-2018, 06:04 PM
In order of preference

Damn, Pop got fleeced for Rodman

daslicer
04-20-2018, 06:09 PM
Unlike LMA, if Kawhi doesn't have the ball in his hands that much, he still plays at elite level and can win other DPOY which will increase his value in FA.

Some media guys are supporting him while they think he'll leave the best franchise in the world...Without a doubt, they'll support him again.

If the Spurs want to trade him and he ends in Philly, I'd like him to stay...They're young, they just need other top player to build a contender...I can imagine Kawhi dominating weak EC teams.

:lol Don't waste my time anymore with your lame fanboy responses. Everybody in here knows you have Kawhi's dick in your mouth. Shouldn't you be walking Kawhi's dog right now?

daslicer
04-20-2018, 06:10 PM
Kawhi's uncle dying

:lol

YGWHI
04-20-2018, 06:27 PM
:lol Don't waste my time anymore with your lame fanboy responses. Everybody in here knows you have Kawhi's dick in your mouth. Shouldn't you be walking Kawhi's dog right now?
Don't get mad. :lol

It's not my fault if you're that stupid to think that Kawhi would be a total mess with the Sixers.

daslicer
04-20-2018, 06:44 PM
Don't get mad. :lol

It's not my fault if you're that stupid to think that Kawhi would be a total mess with the Sixers.

:lol Mad that's you every time you respond to my posts like you are Kawhi's girlfriend. Notice how I never respond to your retarded posts but you are the one that always responds to me. Come on man we all know you wish that Kawhi would stuff his dick in your mouth.

-21-
04-20-2018, 06:46 PM
LA people are pushing this Kawhi thing hard. There will be significant pressure on Magic and Co for Kawhi.

Think about this from a LA fan perspective. LA, while in a good spot cap wise, is also on dicey ground. They have been bad for so long. They promised changes. They had a guy like Paul George outright saying he wanted to go there & they let OKC snatch him up. They have maybe a shot at Kawhi. If they let another team trade for Kawhi? LA would be at risk of 2 stars (one for sure in Paul George) wanting to go to LA very publicly but LA not taking care of business. If PG doesn’t sign with LA this off-season that is a MASSIVE PR blow. Then if LA fans see them not cough up a great package for Kawhi & he goes to another team like PG did? Dicey proposition for LA management

What would their best offer be though? Ingram+Kuzma+1st? I highly doubt the Spurs take Lavar, err, I mean Lonzo.

IMO it will be hard to top Boston's assets. I want Brown+Tatum+1st. Of course, that is if Boston is willing to give that kind of package. Although a trio of Kyrie/Kawhi/Hayward is tempting, I imagine there will be a lot of concern about their health (all three are currently injured). Brown, Tatum, and the pick are all gonna have fresh legs.

spursistan
04-20-2018, 07:04 PM
:lol Mad that's you every time you respond to my posts like you are Kawhi's girlfriend. Notice how I never respond to your retarded posts but you are the one that always responds to me. Come on man we all know you wish that Kawhi would stuff his dick in your mouth.

:wow :lmao..

spursistan
04-20-2018, 07:04 PM
Kawhi's uncle dying

YGWHI
04-20-2018, 07:06 PM

You said that Kawhi wouldn't get success playing with young and talented guys...It would make me wonder how you can't see the potential of an Eastern team with him.

Your stupid basketball take deserved a response.

Do I have to notice you don't respond my posts? Really? Is that an issue? :lol I post what I want to post, who cares if you read or respond...

bklynspursfan
04-20-2018, 07:08 PM
Regains his health, returns to MVP form, gets on a team with LeBron, DJohn Murray, Dedman, a competent coach and staff.
Runs a train on the league and even WarriorRef cannot stop them from a legit Championship.

Only way that happens here is if Pock Face retires to his snowflake circuit and takes his yes men with him.

1/10

UZER
04-20-2018, 07:10 PM

He was the same weirdo in Chicago. The only difference was his jersey said Bulls.

When he was I n SA, bob costas was questioning whether he should still be in the league. Goes to Chicago and the media did a complete 180.

YGWHI
04-20-2018, 07:17 PM
When he was I n SA, bob costas was questioning whether he should still be in the league. Goes to Chicago and the media did a complete 180.

Narratives change in a second. I wonder why it's so hard to understand for some guys here

Vic Petro
04-20-2018, 07:20 PM

Will Perdue was a rotation player on the Spurs first championship team.

CGD
04-20-2018, 07:43 PM
1. Try to work it out with Leonard.

2. If not, 3 way trade: Leonard to CLE; Love to Knicks; Spurs get 8 and 9, small parts like Osman, Zizic, Ntilkina, but eat Kantors or Noah’s contract.

3. After doing above deal do separate deal to send Patty and 18 to Philly in exchange for some combo of their numerous second rounders this year and rights to Bolden/AP.

4. Agressively shop Pau by the Feb. deadline and Danny if he opts in to a team needing cap relief.

5. Move on from Kyle. Keep Manu/Tony on minimum deals to help bring in the new guys.

6. Bring coach Bud back into the fold to start the rebuild/reload.

Walter Donovan
04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
The San Antonio SuperSonics trade Kawhi, Pau, Murray, and their 1st for Greek Freak and Khris Middleton

objective
04-20-2018, 08:36 PM
Will Perdue was a rotation player on the Spurs first championship team.

I know, I remember the times he played well, and I don't care.

Useful against LA and Portland, never even played against New York

Rodman shat all over the team and his teammates, tried to throw playoff games, and still talks trash and spreads lies that the media repeats unchallenged to this day, over 20 years later.

Kawhi will do the same thing if you make him happy and give in.

daslicer
04-20-2018, 09:07 PM
You said that Kawhi wouldn't get success playing with young and talented guys...It would make me wonder how you can't see the potential of an Eastern team with him.

Your stupid basketball take deserved a response.

Do I have to notice you don't respond my posts? Really? Is that an issue? :lol I post what I want to post, who cares if you read or respond...

Proving again you are an emotional Kawhi fan boy who wants Kawhi's dick in his mouth. I never said the Sixers would suck with Kawhi. I have actually said a few times they would win the title with Kawhi but you wouldn't know that since you were probably masturbating to some Kawhi pics while you were reading my posts. Seriously dude get mental help since you have a tendency to make up stuff out of thin air that's not true like the time you said Manu and Tony had beef with Kawhi for years then backtracked liked a retard when people called you out on it. I said Philly would suck for Kawhi on a personal level simply because he would not be the number 1 option on the Sixers and would have to play a James Worthy type of role with them which is not desirable for him or Uncle Dennis.

:lol Anyways I know your fantasy is for Kawhi to cum on your face and you to scream Master Kawhi a bunch of times but you have to accept reality that it's not happening.

BackHome
04-20-2018, 10:12 PM
Damn that was Brutal.

goliath
04-20-2018, 10:30 PM

I agree with this. I think the best chance we have of getting a decent deal for kwahi is either a mediocre to bad team (Atlanta, Phoenix ect)that will take a chance figuring it is their only chance to get a star or the Lakers. The Lakers are the one team that actually needs kwahi this offseason as opposed to waiting for him as a free agent. I’m sure the grand laker plan is trade for kwahi without having to sacrifice cap space this offseason then Use kwahi to lure lebron and/or Paul George then use kwahis bird rights next year. While I prefer Boston’s assets I don’t think ainge trades brown and Tatum. Maybe one or the other but not both. I could see the Lakers offering kuzma or Ingram as the centerpiece of a trade the spurs wanting both and the Lakers initially saying no. Spurs shop him to another team, the Lakers find out and end up caving and trading something like Ingram, kuzma, hart and filler to keep their lbj/pg13 dream alive

vander
04-20-2018, 10:41 PM
If he is going to be traded package him with either mills or gasol
Gasol has one year left?

yeah I hope we can get a top 10 pick, all-star caliber player, and get rid of Mills
in exchange for Kawhi

AFBlue
04-20-2018, 10:44 PM
Trade him to the Clippers for Harris and their two lottery picks. Package the three picks to move up into the top-5. Harris plugs in at forward and the Spurs get a shot at a new "franchise" type player.

FireMicoHalili
04-21-2018, 04:09 AM
1. Stays, proves he was really hurt, signs the supermax.
2. Gets traded to a small-market team to punish him for wasting a season if proven all he was after was a shoe deal. Preferably the Hawks for their draft pick. If he were to be severely punished I suggest the Grizzlies.
3. Gets traded for another star who actually wants to show up and play.
4. Traded for Devin Booker and other young pieces.
5. Stays and gets low-balled.

urunobili
04-21-2018, 04:50 AM
Tatum, (another Boston player), 1st round pick

cd021
04-21-2018, 08:26 AM
kiwi for tatum+rozier+morris+2 firsts

kiwi for fultz+saric+1sts

kiwi+fatty for ingram+lonzo+filler+1sts

get it done PATFO :hungry:

That Lakers trade would be horrid;

Clippers have the 12th, 13th, Harris' and Beverley

That's a much better trade package

cd021
04-21-2018, 08:41 AM
Trade him to the Clippers for Harris and their two lottery picks. Package the three picks to move up into the top-5. Harris plugs in at forward and the Spurs get a shot at a new "franchise" type player.

Agreed, with the Clippers package idea

though I would tend to lean on keeping all three picks, unless a team in the top 5 is willing to trade down-for some reason. Three fairly high picks that could hopefully help accelerate the rebuild/retool process.

Kawhi and Mills for Harris, 12 & 13 and Boban's expiring deal

Play out next season, waive and stretch Gasol, resign Harris and Murray and try and use remaining cap to be a player in FA.

r0drig0lac
04-21-2018, 09:04 AM
Harris is trash and another invention of "high qi basketball posters" in spurstalk

DPG21920
04-21-2018, 09:14 AM
What would their best offer be though? Ingram+Kuzma+1st? I highly doubt the Spurs take Lavar, err, I mean Lonzo.

IMO it will be hard to top Boston's assets. I want Brown+Tatum+1st. Of course, that is if Boston is willing to give that kind of package. Although a trio of Kyrie/Kawhi/Hayward is tempting, I imagine there will be a lot of concern about their health (all three are currently injured). Brown, Tatum, and the pick are all gonna have fresh legs.

Who knows. Have to hope there is a legit bidding war. But if I’m SA worst case I would do with LA is Kuz/Ingram/25th pick for Kawhi.

Best case is that same deal but they also eat Pau’s deal as well. That would be optimal.

I don’t love Ingram or Kuz and I would rather have Tatum and/or Brown from Boston or a way better pick, but if they will eat Pau’s deal and we get two decent young players and a first, that is about as good as you can hope for.

DPG21920
04-21-2018, 09:15 AM
1. Try to work it out with Leonard.

2. If not, 3 way trade: Leonard to CLE; Love to Knicks; Spurs get 8 and 9, small parts like Osman, Zizic, Ntilkina, but eat Kantors or Noah’s contract.

3. After doing above deal do separate deal to send Patty and 18 to Philly in exchange for some combo of their numerous second rounders this year and rights to Bolden/AP.

4. Agressively shop Pau by the Feb. deadline and Danny if he opts in to a team needing cap relief.

5. Move on from Kyle. Keep Manu/Tony on minimum deals to help bring in the new guys.

6. Bring coach Bud back into the fold to start the rebuild/reload.

I’m fine with going the multiple top picks route, but SA should NOT, I repeat should NOT eat any bad contracts. Period.

AFBlue
04-21-2018, 09:16 AM
Harris is trash and another invention of "high qi basketball posters" in spurstalk

Averaged over 18ppg, shot over 40% from 3, decent rebounder, can play both forward positions, and probably the most important numbers...76,82,80. Those are the number of games he's played in the last three seasons.

I'd take that all day, along with some young draft picks for the future.

DPG21920
04-21-2018, 09:19 AM

Harris is not trash. He’s morphed into a legit 3PT shooter and while hes not an all star he’s a legit starter level player that would fit well. You could keep winning while also rebuilding on the fly the best you can.

I would prefer to not “tank” unless SA can dump Mills/Pau and get a top 5 pick in a deal. Even then, it would suck.

r0drig0lac
04-21-2018, 09:24 AM
Harris is not trash. He’s morphed into a legit 3PT shooter and while hes not an all star he’s a legit starter level player that would fit well. You could keep winning while also rebuilding on the fly the best you can.

I would prefer to not “tank” unless SA can dump Mills/Pau and get a top 5 pick in a deal. Even then, it would suck.

"trash" is a bit too far, the point is that if really have to trade Kawhi, I'd rather have a shot at someone with potential star (like Ingram or Tatum imo), than a solid / good player

SpursforSix
04-21-2018, 09:25 AM
Not to dump on Pop but it's time for him to go. I don't think many young players want to deal with his style of coaching. Works fine when you have a Duncan on board. And a Parker and Ginobili. But those guys are the exceptions. By trying to find "Spurs guys", it severely limits options.

AFBlue
04-21-2018, 09:27 AM
"trash" is a bit too far, the point is that if really have to trade Kawhi, I'd rather have a shot at someone with potential star (like Ingram or Tatum imo), than a solid / good player

What's to say you can't package those three first-round picks and get a Tatum or Ingram-like player in the top five?

DPG21920
04-21-2018, 09:29 AM

The shot at the potential star comes from the better picks that LAC has vs the 25th pick while also getting a player that would have made this SA team this year a top 3 seed.

r0drig0lac
04-21-2018, 09:30 AM
What's to say you can't package those three first-round picks and get a Tatum or Ingram-like player in the top five?

I do not see this happening, if I had to choose, 76ers it would be the main choice to seek a trade, although I see Ingram as the player with most potential among the players of the teams "theoretically" interested

DPG21920
04-21-2018, 09:34 AM
Working it out with Kawhi is the main focus. It has to be.

IF you dont, I would love a trade with PHX. I would like Josh Jackson and their pick. That is the best deal to me because it does not turn a team into a contender and gives SA cap flexibility and a shot at a high draft pick + some talent to work with. It would clear cap space for SA (especially if Danny/Rudy opt out), you get talent + the best pick possible.

DPG21920
04-21-2018, 09:35 AM
Other than that, the LA players, IMO have the least appeal to me.

I would prefer Tatum or Brown over Ingram/Kuz. I would definitely prefer Josh Jackson over them too. I would probably take Fultz over them as well.

-21-
04-21-2018, 11:52 AM
Working it out with Kawhi is the main focus. It has to be.

IF you dont, I would love a trade with PHX. I would like Josh Jackson and their pick. That is the best deal to me because it does not turn a team into a contender and gives SA cap flexibility and a shot at a high draft pick + some talent to work with. It would clear cap space for SA (especially if Danny/Rudy opt out), you get talent + the best pick possible.

Other than that, the LA players, IMO have the least appeal to me.

I would prefer Tatum or Brown over Ingram/Kuz. I would definitely prefer Josh Jackson over them too. I would probably take Fultz over them as well.

Yep, try to do everything you can to keep Kawhi. If all else fails, then you trade him.

I agree that the Lakers potential package is underwhelming. If the Spurs end up trading with them, they should at least take a bad contract off of the Spurs.

I'm very high on Jaylen Brown (over Tatum), seems very Spurs-material. Getting him plus a high pick would be as good as it gets imo.

tmtcsc
04-21-2018, 12:23 PM
Kawhi comes back 100% and we sign Lebron. Kawhi, Aldridge, Lebron and a bunch of spares can win a Championship.

DPG21920
04-21-2018, 12:25 PM
I have a big crush on Jaylen Brown.

cd021
04-21-2018, 01:23 PM
My top trade options for Kawhi

1. Kawhi and Mills

for

Faultz, Saric, Covington, 10th pick, & Parseckniks.

2. Kawhi Kawhi and Mills

for

Tobias Harris, 12th Pick, 13th Pick, & Boban

Kawhi

for

Tatum, Morris, Rossier, Kings pick, Grizz Pick

Kawhi and Mills

for

Love, Osman, 7th pick, & Zizic.

SAGirl
04-21-2018, 01:28 PM
Gross. I hate the clippers deal. Don't really like any but that and option 4 are the worst.

DPG21920
04-21-2018, 01:32 PM
Suns are the best trade partner.

Josh Jackson & the #1 pick

wildbill2u
04-21-2018, 02:02 PM
My first reaction was for something career ending happen to him in off-season, but I wouldn't want such a great young player to be hurt. So, with regret, I wish him a not so fond farewell with the hope that PATFO will be able to bring off some miracle to replace him.

CGD
04-21-2018, 02:04 PM
I’m fine with going the multiple top picks route, but SA should NOT, I repeat should NOT eat any bad contracts. Period.

Kantor would be a 17m expiring. Noah has two year left of his awful deal, yes, but I’d consider it if it lands a top 10 pick AND Ntillkina too.

mo7888
04-21-2018, 02:08 PM

1. Kawhi and Mills

for

2. Kawhi Kawhi and Mills

for

Kawhi

for

Kawhi and Mills

for

Don't like the clippers deal at all. I do like the Philly deal though. On the Cleveland deal I'd like to move Love either to the clips ( both picks and Boban), the suns (mid 1st and bender), or Boston (brown and filler).

CGD
04-21-2018, 02:22 PM

1. Kawhi and Mills

for

2. Kawhi Kawhi and Mills

for

Kawhi

for

Kawhi and Mills

for

Not bad.

On BOS, I don’t want to be the team that has to give Rozier his next deal. He’s good, but gonna want stupid money. I see the spurs losing him for nothing.

I don’t mind the Clips deal if their someone the spurs like that starts to get to that point on draft night. There is also a chance one of those gets to 11 or even 10 with any ping pong luck.

Seventyniner
04-21-2018, 02:33 PM

Would they even go that far? They really really like Jackson.

tholdren
04-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Put on bench all next season. Respek

Big Empty
04-21-2018, 03:24 PM
If the Ingram and Kuzma deal doesnt fall through We could get Otto Porter & Bradley Beal for Kawhi&Gasol or Kawhi&Mills. We would have Gasol’s expiring contract for more cap space or another trade. We would fill our SG/SF needs and have decent long contracts, and have a good team still. Taytum is the better deal but i cant see boston giving him up. Brown & Rozier could split after next season it seems with their current contracts. We still have the 18th pick to grab a big man that might be able to contribute.we have options. One thing is for sure we will have a better team next year because of Kawhi or his trade value.

-21-
04-21-2018, 03:27 PM
One thing is for sure we will have a better team next year because of Kawhi or his trade value.

:bobo

TD 21
04-21-2018, 06:11 PM

Why would the Suns give up 2 of their 3 best assets for a player who'd more than likely leave in 1 year?

dbreiden83080
04-21-2018, 06:14 PM

For a player who sat out the season when medically cleared to play like 6 months ago? Keep dreaming..

UZER
04-21-2018, 06:15 PM
Not to dump on Pop but it's time for him to go. I don't think many young players want to deal with his style of coaching. Works fine when you have a Duncan on board. And a Parker and Ginobili. But those guys are the exceptions. By trying to find "Spurs guys", it severely limits options.

I agree. The ONLY reason Pop should stay is if Lebrons will come here if he coaches. And we know that ain’t happening.

dbreiden83080
04-21-2018, 06:19 PM

Well if Leonard is being traded it is likely rebuild time anyway. So a young coach would be appropriate. Honestly with the passing of his wife, combined with the drama of this season, who could blame Pop if he's had enough?

DPG21920
04-21-2018, 06:23 PM
PHX has always tried to land a star. You hope and pray your #1 pick + josh become Kawhi it’s likely they never do. Obviously you don’t do it if you think you have no shot at keeping Kawhi but even Kevin Love netted the #1 pick in a Deal (yes I’m aware it’s not apples to apples)

TD 21
04-21-2018, 06:27 PM
PHX has always tried to land a star. You hope and pray your #1 pick + josh become Kawhi it’s likely they never do. Obviously you don’t do it if you think you have no shot at keeping Kawhi but even Kevin Love netted the #1 pick in a Deal (yes I’m aware it’s not apples to apples)

I understand what the motivation would be, but the risk has to be calculated. They'd be insane to think a superstar in his early prime would re-sign with them and when he didn't, they'd have set their re-build back significantly. McDonough would also be fired.

The difference is, the Cavaliers had James and Irving, which meant championship contention and a high probability of Love's re-signing.

Chinook
04-21-2018, 06:42 PM

You've gotten really bitter recently. A far cry from your RealGM days. Harris has been a solid player who's capable of being at least a third option on a title team. The Spurs are probably not going to tank. That's not a fabrication of "high-IQ" posters. You know it just as much as anyone else. So they'll need to acquire guys who can play the position. Harris is even younger than Kawhi is and has the size to be a full-time power-forward next to Aldridge to help the team pivot into the "modern" era. And he's not even the headliner in this deal. He's just the floor. The whole idea behind mentioning a LAC trade is for the Spurs to have a plan of what to do in the draft. If they don't want anyone at 12 or 13, then the trade doesn't make sense. But if a guy (or more importantly, two guys) they really like is there, then the trade has a ton of value and upside. The determining factor in how well they do isn't them getting a guy who's hyped now. There's no reason why Ingram or Tatum are going to be better than whomever is drafted at 12 this year. They are arguably not even better as the guy drafted there last year.

The most important reason why this trade keeps getting mentioned though is because LAC would probably jump at the chance to get it done. They probably feel like Kawhi would stay with them but wouldn't pick them over the Lakers if they didn't have his Bird rights. Therefore, there's real momentum for them to give up whatever they can to lock him in. I imagine every other team will hold back in negotiations, while the Clippers will put it all on the table similar to how the Knicks did with Melo.

FireMicoHalili
04-21-2018, 07:10 PM

1. Kawhi and Mills

for

2. Kawhi Kawhi and Mills

for

Kawhi

for

Kawhi and Mills

for

How people misspell even with google and an internet connection still confuses me. Who the fuck are Faultz and Rossier?

FireMicoHalili
04-21-2018, 07:19 PM
You've gotten really bitter recently. A far cry from your RealGM days. Harris has been a solid player who's capable of being at least a third option on a title team. The Spurs are probably not going to tank. That's not a fabrication of "high-IQ" posters. You know it just as much as anyone else. So they'll need to acquire guys who can play the position. Harris is even younger than Kawhi is and has the size to be a full-time power-forward next to Aldridge to help the team pivot into the "modern" era. And he's not even the headliner in this deal. He's just the floor. The whole idea behind mentioning a LAC trade is for the Spurs to have a plan of what to do in the draft. If they don't want anyone at 12 or 13, then the trade doesn't make sense. But if a guy (or more importantly, two guys) they really like is there, then the trade has a ton of value and upside. The determining factor in how well they do isn't them getting a guy who's hyped now. There's no reason why Ingram or Tatum are going to be better than whomever is drafted at 12 this year. They are arguably not even better as the guy drafted there last year.

The most important reason why this trade keeps getting mentioned though is because LAC would probably jump at the chance to get it done. They probably feel like Kawhi would stay with them but wouldn't pick them over the Lakers if they didn't have his Bird rights. Therefore, there's real momentum for them to give up whatever they can to lock him in. I imagine every other team will hold back in negotiations, while the Clippers will put it all on the table similar to how the Knicks did with Melo.
Do you see them wanting to part with Harris, Jordan and Marjanovic along with one of their picks for Leonard, Mills, and Gasol?

Chinook
04-21-2018, 07:25 PM
Do you see them wanting to part with Harris, Jordan and Marjanovic along with one of their picks for Leonard, Mills, and Gasol?

They might (since I think they were okay with Jordan just opting out), but I'm not sure I want the Jordan/Pau swap added to the list, unless Jordan is swung to a third team for extra value. The best thing the team could hope for (in a scenario where Kawhi is traded) is that they put him on the market as early as tonight and let the rest of the league get into a bidding war. The Clips might give up most of the package even without pressure from other teams, but when it comes to working third teams in, they'd probably hesitate for a while.

objective
04-21-2018, 07:33 PM
I understand what the motivation would be, but the risk has to be calculated. They'd be insane to think a superstar in his early prime would re-sign with them and when he didn't, they'd have set their re-build back significantly. McDonough would also be fired.

McDunough is maybe a year away from being fired anyway. He's already gone through 3 head coaches in 5 seasons. If they get Ayton or Doncic, they probably still don't make the playoffs. Then he'll really be jammed, no playoffs in 6 years, 4 head coaches, 11 1st round picks including 7 lottery picks and 4 top 5 picks.

They haven't made the playoffs in years, Sarver is a laughing stock.

They get Kawhi, their legendary medical staff 'fixes' his fake injury, and they're in the playoffs. They combine him with Booker, make the playoffs, and tons of good press. McDunough is then the genius who 'pulled a Morey' by moving assets for an MVP player with years of prime left.

Look at the other GMs in precarious situations. They throw the hail mary to save their jobs, because they knew they would be fired without even trying the hail mary. Orlando making the Ibaka move. Van Gundy getting Griffin. Hell, why else would Van Gundy not even put up a fight over lotto protecting his 1st rounder? Because he didn't care about the future anymore, only the present season.

And if McDunough makes a trade for Kawhi, he wins the trade, period. Maybe the Spurs make out the best they can, but no matter what, the Spurs will lose any and every trade that involves Kawhi.

SAGirl
04-21-2018, 07:39 PM
Dont want Harris, Jordan or Boban.
No way. Absolutely disgusting to keep Mills and the terrible guard rotation this team has while getting Harris and Boban. (Bc you'd have to send out Pau instead if you are getting 3 bigs back.)

Clippers have nobody I want and their picks are too low in the lotto.

I'd rather keep Kawhi

I am done with this team for a while if they trade Kiwi and do not come out of that with a better perimeter player than Harris tbh.

MoSpur02
04-21-2018, 07:54 PM
Kawhi won't go to the team he wants unless the Spurs are blown away by what they'll receive in return.

Remember Pop told LaMarcus something like, sure we'll trade you if you are going to get us a "Kevin Durant" un return. So if the Spurs didn't want to let Aldridge go unless they got something better what makes you think they're gonna trade Kawhi for peanuts?

They will trade him if they something of equal value whether through multiple players or high draft picks or both. Thats my opinion.

SAGirl
04-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Good! ^ They better blow the Spurs away.

MoSpur02
04-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Kawhi won't go to the team he wants unless the Spurs are blown away by what they'll receive in return.

Remember Pop told LaMarcus something like, sure we'll trade you if you are going to get us a "Kevin Durant" un return. So if the Spurs didn't want to let Aldridge go unless they got something better what makes you think they're gonna trade Kawhi for peanuts?

They will trade him if they something of equal value whether through multiple players or high draft picks or both. Thats my opinion.

ace3g
04-21-2018, 08:23 PM
I have a big crush on Jaylen Brown.

Only trade I would even consider would be for Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

Spurs da champs
04-21-2018, 08:25 PM
There's no chance of Tatum/Brown & Rozier?

cd021
04-21-2018, 08:44 PM
There's no chance of Tatum/Brown & Rozier?

Probably not both Tatum and Brown, anyways, I would like Tatum+ Kings 2019 pick, + Grizzlies 2019 picks.

Rozier, and Morris would have to be included to make the math work.

That's a lot for Ainge to give up but Kyrie, Kawhi, Hayward, Horford, and with Brown on the come up, that would be the end result.

With Cleveland looking like it might not be in title contention starting next season if LeBron leaves, that trade would accelerate their timeline and give them a great shot at making the Finals year after year.

cd021
04-21-2018, 09:00 PM
Dont want Harris, Jordan or Boban.
No way. Absolutely disgusting to keep Mills and the terrible guard rotation this team has while getting Harris and Boban. (Bc you'd have to send out Pau instead if you are getting 3 bigs back.)

Clippers have nobody I want and their picks are too low in the lotto.

I'd rather keep Kawhi

I am done with this team for a while if they trade Kiwi and do not come out of that with a better perimeter player than Harris tbh.

Has anyone mentioned Jordan? My trade didn't include him. Harris is actually only slightly older than Kawhi and while not nearly as good, he is an above 3 who has quietly become an excellent shooter ( 41% on nearly 6 3 pt attempt s this season).

12 and 13 probably max out as starting caliber players but there's always a chance that one of the wo exceeds that expectation with the Spurs draft record.

It's not the best potential offer but it is hard to say whether Philly and or Boston would offer what I included on my trade list, the Clippers package is at least competitive, but not overwhelming.

tholdren
04-21-2018, 09:07 PM
Hit odoyles banana peel and drive off cliff

FvckMavs
04-21-2018, 09:30 PM
Probably not both Tatum and Brown, anyways, I would like Tatum+ Kings 2019 pick, + Grizzlies 2019 picks.

That's a lot for Ainge to give up but Kyrie, Kawhi, Hayward, Horford, and with Brown on the come up, that would be the end result.

With Cleveland looking like it might not be in title contention starting next season if LeBron leaves, that trade would accelerate their timeline and give them a great shot at making the Finals year after year.

It'll be a bad news for Boston if Kawhi is traded to 76ers, especially so if Lebron also joins the 76ers . Ainge must have that in mind when he makes his bid.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2018, 09:44 PM
*IF Kawhi doesn't sign an extension this offseason and the Spurs decide to start taking offers, then I think this would be the best case scenario for Spurs fans...

Sixers get: Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get: Lakers pick (Mikal Bridges), Markelle Fultz, and Dario Saric

Then with the 18th pick they can draft Mitchell Robinson who is the perfect modern day Center and exactly what the Spurs need. In this scenario Murray would have to be human sacrifice in any deal to salary dump Gasol or Mills.

Next year's roster would look like this, hopefully.

Aldridge/Robinson
Saric/Gay
Bridges/Ginobili
Green/White
Fultz/Parker

Chinook
04-21-2018, 09:47 PM
Has anyone mentioned Jordan? My trade didn't include him. Harris is actually only slightly older than Kawhi and while not nearly as good, he is an above 3 who has quietly become an excellent shooter ( 41% on nearly 6 3 pt attempt s this season).

12 and 13 probably max out as starting caliber players but there's always a chance that one of the wo exceeds that expectation with the Spurs draft record.

It's not the best potential offer but it is hard to say whether Philly and or Boston would offer what I included on my trade list, the Clippers package is at least competitive, but not overwhelming.

Harris is younger than Kawhi by more than a year.

Also Jordan was part of another trade, though SAG seemed to miss that that trade had Mills AND Pau going out. It was essentially two trades: Leonard for Harris and picks, and Mills and Gasol for Jordan.

Chinook
04-21-2018, 09:50 PM
*IF Kawhi doesn't sign an extension this offseason and the Spurs decide to start taking offers, then I think this would be the best case scenario for Spurs fans...

Sixers get: Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get: Lakers pick (Mikal Bridges), Markelle Fultz, and Dario Saric

Then with the 18th pick they can draft Mitchell Robinson who is the perfect modern day Center and exactly what the Spurs need. In this scenario Murray would have to be human sacrifice in any deal to salary dump Gasol or Mills.

Aldridge/Robinson
Saric/Gay
Bridges/Ginobili
Green/White
Fultz/Parker

Ignoring how they'd get there (since that would involve more moving pieces than just sacrificing Murray), I don't mind the play. I'm not saying the particular players you picked to draft are who I would draft, but getting three guys on rookie deals and clearing cap space would be pretty good, though I'd assume it would also involve free agency, seeing as the Spurs are getting rid of so much salary.

Kawhitstorm
04-21-2018, 09:58 PM

Aldridge/Robinson
Saric/Gay
Bridges/Ginobili
Green/White
Fultz/Parker

I vomited at the idea of Porker getting a 3 year contract & Danny :vomit:

cd021
04-21-2018, 10:07 PM
It'll be a bad news for Boston if Kawhi is traded to 76ers, especially so if Lebron also joins the 76ers . Ainge must have that in mind when he makes his bid.

Ainge is a notorious low baller, though he is aggressive sometimes- he tried to trade 4 1sts for Justise Winslow :lol. Including both the Grizz and Kings 2019 picks along with Tatum and Morris and Rozier would blow just about any other deal out of the water and even if the Spurs are deadset against trading Kawhi, that offer would probably be enough to get them to reconsider.

MoSpur02
04-21-2018, 10:16 PM
The last thing I heard was that Boston was seriously interested in trading for Kawhi. If Kawhi and the Spurs don't work things out then I'm gonna "assume" that the Spurs will consider what Boston has to offer first since that was the only team mentioned from the front office.

mo7888
04-21-2018, 10:21 PM
It does make some sense to send him to the easy coast and let him battle with Ben Simmons very year.

FvckMavs
04-21-2018, 11:02 PM

With the way Pelicans are playing right now, there is less possibility that Anthony Davis will leave, who is said to be the target of Boston. I guess they may just focus on what they can realistically get for now.

FireMicoHalili
04-21-2018, 11:03 PM
Spurs can just wait out who gets the first overall pick and flip Leonard to draft Ayton and other assets straight up. Aldridge makes things tricky since I’m not sure he’s a player you build around. Feels like it’s going to be a few years of mediocrity to try and build around Aldridge with a win-now team. If Leonard gets traded to a team with the number one pick Aldridge is expendable, and Phoenix can give the Spurs maybe Chandler/Dudley + Alan Williams, Josh Jackson, and their pick. That’s a good young core to tank with for another top pick next year. Of course Pop’s age will be a concern, but it’s not like he doesn’t have an expiration date. He failed to adapt to the league the past two years. A consultative capacity would work too if the team chooses to blow it up.

FireMicoHalili
04-21-2018, 11:08 PM
Ayton (for Leonard)
Jontay Porter (via #18)
Jackson
Doncic (via PHX, if they pick second)
Murray

that’s a passable young core to tank with

Thomas82
04-21-2018, 11:08 PM

No lies were told in this post.

tholdren
04-21-2018, 11:18 PM
Kl got hiv from his uncle

keithington1
04-22-2018, 12:40 AM

1. Kawhi and Mills

for

2. Kawhi Kawhi and Mills

for

Kawhi

for

Kawhi and Mills

for

Imagine trading Kawhi to the Clippers and getting 3 draft picks within the first 18 picks.

cool cat
04-22-2018, 01:05 AM
Tatum, Brown and 1st is the absolute min I would take.

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 08:04 AM
The Clips deal is the most realistic. Why would Boston part with two young studs AND picks? Same for Philly.

And the only deal that provides a consistent, reliable, proven replacement for Kawhi is the Clips deal with Harris. Pair that with three first rounders and you have a solid deal.

CGD
04-22-2018, 08:45 AM
The Clips deal is the most realistic. Why would Boston part with two young studs AND picks? Same for Philly.

And the only deal that provides a consistent, reliable, proven replacement for Kawhi is the Clips deal with Harris. Pair that with three first rounders and you have a solid deal.

Assuming BOS and PHI have real interest, it’s about what package beats Harris and the two firsts. I think the spurs would see Tatum and Kings pick in a weaker draft next year as inferior to that Clips deal. So then question is what additional assets gets it done for BOS?

Order of operations will matter here. I think the LAC “offer” is an important benchmark here

r0drig0lac
04-22-2018, 09:17 AM
the clippers offer has a benefit, which is to create an auction with the other LA franchise (Magic would not like to lose Kawhi to Jerry West), making the overall offerings better, but I really expect something from Boston or Philla

cd021
04-22-2018, 09:50 AM
Assuming BOS and PHI have real interest, it’s about what package beats Harris and the two firsts. I think the spurs would see Tatum and Kings pick in a weaker draft next year as inferior to that Clips deal. So then question is what additional assets gets it done for BOS?

Order of operations will matter here. I think the LAC “offer” is an important benchmark here

Good point, not all drafts are created equally.

The 12th, 13th, and 18th might have higher values in this year's draft while the value the Kings and Grizzlies picks next draft may not be as be as good as the same picks in this year's draft.

I.E the 2013 draft only produced two all-stars in the first 10 picks (Olidipo and McCollumn) and three overall with Giannis- Adams and Golbert being the other notable players in that draft.

Tatum has a high ceiling but Harris is good now, young and on a solid contract and can help the Spurs compete. The 12th and 13th, along with the 18th would help the Spurs add young talent who can develop while the Spurs are still semi-good with the hopes that they would be ready to take on larger roles in a couple of seasons.

Phily, Boston, and Phoenix can beat that offer but there is no guarantee that they would offer enough to actually do so. The Clippers, on the other hand, should be plenty motivated to chase Kawhi.

CGD
04-22-2018, 10:22 AM
I just don’t see the upside of a trade with the Lakers. Randle is seeking a big payday this summer, Kuzma seems like a big numbers bad team guy, and spurs are not taking Ball with an even crazier family dynamic.

That leaves Ingram who is a decent cost controlled player, but what else do the lakers have by way of assets? Sixers (or outside shot, Celtics) get their 2018 pick. Presumably if Leonard joins, and they add another allstar, their future picks don’t look that appealing.

Let’s just move past the idea of Lakers as a real destination.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-22-2018, 10:25 AM
Gonna have to bite the bullet and re-sign him. As much of a disaster as this season has been, Kawhi is a player that every team in the NBA would kill to have. Pop is gonna have to go the route he did with LaMarcus last offseason and sit down with Kawhi.

offset formation
04-22-2018, 10:31 AM
the clippers offer has a benefit, which is to create an auction with the other LA franchise (Magic would not like to lose Kawhi to Jerry West), making the overall offerings better, but I really expect something from Boston or Philla

Send his ass to the frozen tundra in Minnesota or Milwaukee. Take what you can get, even if it's a one year rental return, value wise. I'm guessing Milwaukee would give us some good value for a chance to pair Kawhi with Giannis, yes, even if Kawhi told them he wouldn't re-sign.

Give me Middleton and your first.

Win-win.

He loses supermax and has to wait a year in frozen hell before going where he wants.

Spurs get another mid first round pick (they can either use or bundle with theirs) and a player. One that actually, you know, plays.

cd021
04-22-2018, 10:32 AM
"Report" saying that IF PATFO moves Kawhi, it would be to an East team, not the West.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771873-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-gregg-popovich-prefers-move-to-teams-in-east

Would narrow it down to the C's, 76er's and Cavs, if true.

vander
04-22-2018, 10:37 AM
"Report" saying that IF PATFO moves Kawhi, it would be to an East team, not the West.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771873-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-gregg-popovich-prefers-move-to-teams-in-east

Would narrow it down to the C's, 76er's and Cavs, if true.

Based on Pops reaction to 2008 Pau trade. BR is a joke

BD24
04-22-2018, 10:42 AM
Ideal offseason is keeping him and Lebron coming. Obviously that is dream scenario.

If we trade him getting Tatum and Brown from the Celts would be fantastic

MoSpur02
04-22-2018, 10:50 AM
Besides Boston, Philly, & L.A what other team would be able to offer the Spurs a good return? What about Aaron Gordon, Vucevic, and their pick in this year's draft for Kawhi and Gasol? They can have Mills too.

RD2191
04-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Kawhi would be an absolute beast out east. If he leaves I'd like to see him on the Sixers. They'd be a lock for the finals for 3-4 years at least.

cjw
04-22-2018, 11:06 AM
Kantor would be a 17m expiring. Noah has two year left of his awful deal, yes, but I’d consider it if it lands a top 10 pick AND Ntillkina too.

You don’t touch Noah in a deal where you’re trading Leonard unless you’re getting Porzingis back AND Frank for that matter. We’ve seen the cost of dumping a bad contract in years with flush cap space like last year (cost the Lakers DeAngelo Russell) and it’s only going to be worse this offseason .

Which makes the Gasol and Mills deals even worse...

SilverSpur
04-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Kawhi Leonard and Kyle Anderson to Boston for Jaylon Brown Jason Tatum two first and a future second

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 11:49 AM
Makes sense that they wouldn't want to trade out west, but if Kawhi is really angling to get back there anyway I'd find it hard to believe an East team would put forward a suitable trade package.

I still think the Clips will have the best offer, and with that trade I don't see them being a bigger threat than GS. Seems like an even trade to me.

TheGreatYacht
04-22-2018, 12:20 PM
All of you are smoking dicks if you think Celtics will give you Tatum AND Brown (some even have picks to go with that) :lol

You'll get Rozier, Morris, & Ojeleye and all of you will like it because :cry believe in PATFO no matter what :cry

BD24
04-22-2018, 12:23 PM
Kawhi Leonard and Kyle Anderson to Boston for Jaylon Brown Jason Tatum two first and a future second
Honestly this would be pretty nice and set us up great for the future

mo7888
04-22-2018, 01:21 PM
I just don’t see the upside of a trade with the Lakers. Randle is seeking a big payday this summer, Kuzma seems like a big numbers bad team guy, and spurs are not taking Ball with an even crazier family dynamic.

That leaves Ingram who is a decent cost controlled player, but what else do the lakers have by way of assets? Sixers (or outside shot, Celtics) get their 2018 pick. Presumably if Leonard joins, and they add another allstar, their future picks don’t look that appealing.

Let’s just move past the idea of Lakers as a real destination.

You can always move Ball to a 3rd team for other assets if you don't feel like you want to deal with the family dynamic.

SAGirl
04-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Harris is ok but he's a roleplayer. Younger Rudy Gay with a better long ball but he's puts up empty stats in bad teams and that's all the Spurs will be.
The team will be bad.

Oh well it can't be helped. It's over. Purgatory it is.

mo7888
04-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Harris is ok but he's a roleplayer. Younger Rudy Gay with a better long ball but he's puts up empty stats in bad teams and that's all the Spurs will be.
The team will be bad.

I dont like the clippers trade because I don't see anybody coming this way with the upside to let us compete to the championship but, the team we fielded this year with the addition of Harris is the 3rd seed in the west. So, I disagree that we'll be bad. I just see a high floor and low ceiling with the clips trade.

SAGirl
04-22-2018, 01:35 PM
Exactly mo. No to the clippers trade. no!
I disagree this team would still be 3rd if they had Harris. Never lifted his team's above even average...

DPG21920
04-22-2018, 01:36 PM
Spurs are going to extend Kawhi and bring back the same team :lol

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 01:39 PM
The team will be bad.

No one is saying he's an all-star. If you think the Spurs are getting an all-star for Kawhi, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. This would be about getting a reliable replacement at the position while creating options for a future star. Also, call him a role player all you want, but I'll take a guy that has played damn near every game the last three seasons and shoots over 40% from 3 all day.

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 01:40 PM
I dont like the clippers trade because I don't see anybody coming this way with the upside to let us compete to the championship but, the team we fielded this year with the addition of Harris is the 3rd seed in the west. So, I disagree that we'll be bad. I just see a high floor and low ceiling with the clips trade.

The ceiling depends on what you get with three picks in the top 20. Spurs would have plenty of options.

mo7888
04-22-2018, 01:41 PM
Exactly mo. No to the clippers trade. no!

:tu

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 01:42 PM
Spurs are going to extend Kawhi and bring back the same team :lol

Only if Pop, Parker and Ginobili retire. Don't see the rift being repaired on either side.

mo7888
04-22-2018, 01:42 PM
The ceiling depends on what you get with three picks in the top 20. Spurs would have plenty of options.

I just don't see any difference makers expected to be available then. Could someone fall on draft night and make a trade with them look better? Sure, it's possible but it's unlikely..

DPG21920
04-22-2018, 01:43 PM
Plus you have free agency. People are really not open to this team having Harris + 3 top 20 picks + free agency?

You will be getting 3 top 20 picks to help with rebuilding along with having White/Murray to continue developing.

SAGirl
04-22-2018, 01:43 PM
No. I want the chance at someone who could be an all star... Either a top pick in this draft, or someone young that could either get there or not, but has a chance. Harris is about to be 26 next season and average is all he is. The picks are low. Unless there's someone there they absolutely love, I don't take that deal. Did you know both Kyle and Dijon were rated by the Spurs among the top 20 in their respective drafts regardless of where they fell? Exactly. You aren't guaranteed a low lotto pick will be any better. I want a player that has upside. If he busts that's different but it's better than getting nothing, which may be all you get in the Clippers deal.

Rather keep kiwi and tank after that, than make it easy for another franchise...

Ellsworth
04-22-2018, 01:44 PM
Send his ass to the frozen tundra in Minnesota or Milwaukee. Take what you can get, even if it's a one year rental return, value wise. I'm guessing Milwaukee would give us some good value for a chance to pair Kawhi with Giannis, yes, even if Kawhi told them he wouldn't re-sign.

Give me Middleton and your first.

Win-win.

I was hoping all along that this KL saga was just fake news cos he was truly injured, which would also mean that his long term career may be an issue if given the Super Max... however, with the general consensus of 3-4 teams suggested over & over again in trade scenarios, I was going to suggest getting MIDDLETON & MAKER plus whoever else to make the deal work.
Those 2 would instantly upgrade the team in regards to athleticism & both are also excellent 3 point shooters as well.

Anderson, Green & Gasol should be sent elsewhere as well instead of stinking it up in SA.

DPG21920
04-22-2018, 01:46 PM
I would rather be a top 4 seed while also getting two lottery picks as SA rebuilds
On the fly. The point you make about draft spot being a wild card is more reason to acquire as many picks as possible and remain a playoff team

Ellsworth
04-22-2018, 01:47 PM
According to Byron SCOTT, KL & LBJ will be in LA next season... :wow:depressed

Looks like some here will be LA fans next season as well :lol

SAGirl
04-22-2018, 01:52 PM
Spurs aren't going to continue on a good path IMO unless you get someone young that's going to carry you. Dijon isn't that guy so far. So long as he's this offensively challenged you shouldn't consider him someone to build around even. White we don't know. He has been a Gleague star but so was Kyle. You can't assume anything yet ...

You can disagree but they barely made it this season and LaMarcus is not only getting up in age but has a balky knee.

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 02:01 PM
I just don't see any difference makers expected to be available then. Could someone fall on draft night and make a trade with them look better? Sure, it's possible but it's unlikely..

Was Kawhi considered a "difference maker" at 15 a few years back? The Spurs can also trade up using the three picks. A team like Chicago with two first round picks could do a 2-for-3 swap. Plenty of options.

mo7888
04-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Was Kawhi considered a "difference maker" at 15 a few years back? The Spurs can also trade up using the three picks. A team like Chicago with two first round picks could do a 2-for-3 swap. Plenty of options.

No he wasn't but, if you use use that logic you might as well say let's trade him for a bunch of 2nd round pics and hope we get a couple of prime ginobli's. So sure, lightening could strike twice but you increase your odds significantly with a higher pick.

-21-
04-22-2018, 02:07 PM
This may be a bit off-topic but why do some of you guys prefer Tatum over Brown? If I had to pick one, I'll take Brown. Tatum may be more polished offensively but to me Brown seems better all-around and has that superstar potential.

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 02:09 PM
No he wasn't but, if you use use that logic you might as well say let's trade him for a bunch of 2nd round pics and hope we get a couple of prime ginobli's. So sure, lightening could strike twice but you increase your odds significantly with a higher pick.

Which you can manufacture with three picks inside the top 20.

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 02:10 PM
This may be a bit off-topic but why do some of you guys prefer Tatum over Brown? If I had to pick one, I'll take Brown. Tatum may be more polished offensively but to me Brown seems better all-around and has that superstar potential.

And probably the one they're more likely to part with.

DPG21920
04-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Spurs aren't going to continue on a good path IMO unless you get someone young that's going to carry you. Dijon isn't that guy so far. So long as he's this offensively challenged you shouldn't consider him someone to build around even. White we don't know. He has been a Gleague star but so was Kyle. You can't assume anything yet ...

You can disagree but they barely made it this season and LaMarcus is not only getting up in age but has a balky knee.

You could also argue that with this same exact team plus only Harris, SA would have been a top 3 seed.

Sure, no one is arguing that SA would rather have a star. But unless you can get a top 3 pick, it’s pretty dicey after that. So yes, would I prefer Tatum + a top 10 pick? For sure. But if that is not there, getting 2 lottery picks definitely helps increase the chances of you landing more talent + Sa’s own 18th.

Then as a throw in, Harris makes you much more competitive (difference in being 7th this year and third) so you can rebuild and both make the playoffs.

Not having Harris only means you are down an asset, don’t make the playoffs and who knows what pick you will land if you tank or how good that player will be.

If it’s a dice roll, I’d rather have more rolls of the dice.

SAGirl
04-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Exactly mo. The majority of low lotto picks and up being roleplayers, many not even that. They will also need development. It's a crapshoot. I see Kiwi as their best option to reload and they need to swing for the fences otherwise they will be headed for a tank anyways once they start playing mediocre young guys and seeing who has game and who doesn't. That doesn't time with Lamarcus, whose knee can go kaput. And all for what? To make it easy for the Clippers and Kiwi? No way.

That's just me. Paddy Mills continues to be a starting guard next season and I think I am going to be really distracted watching some other as yet unknown team instead. They need an exciting young player to pull me back in after trading Kiwi. I am just being honest here. Do I look forward to watching LMA and Harris? No. I am intrigued to see what happens with White and may tune in to see how he's doing that's it.

baseline bum
04-22-2018, 02:12 PM

The Spurs should require both. If Kawhi agrees to extend in Boston the Celtics will do it. If he doesn't agree to extend the Spurs would get neither in a trade. Tatum+Brown is an all or nothing thing IMO.

mo7888
04-22-2018, 02:12 PM

As you said, younger and more polished offensively with a better 3 or shot. Also, one extra year at a cheaper contract. I don't think the difference between them is that great though. If I thought Hayward would fully recover I might consider him plus brown with the Sacramento and Memphis picks for Kawhi and pau. Ideally, I'd want Tatum and brown plus the pick for Kawhi though.

DPG21920
04-22-2018, 02:14 PM
But you are missing out on the fact not tanking is a HUGE deal and ALWAYS the better option. Even tanking requires a ton of luck and you may not have that many chances. Get as many chances as you can and still be competitive.

Also, LMA and Harris are both definite assets. If SA wanted to “tank” or change directions but now they have a bunch of young players (12th pick, 13th pick, 18th pick Murray and White) and they could get more by trading LMA & Harris who are both very positive assets.

Again, I don’t think the Clippers trade is Ideal, but if worst comes to worst? It is a very solid trade IMO ESPECIALLY if they also eat Pau’s deal or Mills deal.

baseline bum
04-22-2018, 02:15 PM
As you said, younger and more polished offensively with a better 3 or shot. Also, one extra year at a cheaper contract. I don't think the difference between them is that great though. If I thought Hayward would fully recover I might consider him plus brown with the Sacramento and Memphis picks for Kawhi and pau. Ideally, I'd want Tatum and brown plus the pick for Kawhi though.

Doesn't the Memphis pick have a ton of protection on it though?

mo7888
04-22-2018, 02:16 PM
Doesn't the Memphis pick have a ton of protection on it though?

I believe you are correct.

MoSpur02
04-22-2018, 02:21 PM
Trade Kawhi for high draft pick, another pick, and two up and coming potential stars, and sign a key free agent. I like Aaron Gordon. He's only 22 and has gotten better every season. He's been more cluth this season. He may not be elite status like Leonard was a season ago, but definitely a star with the potential of getting even better.

Do this and get rid of Gasol and Mills' contracts.

baseline bum
04-22-2018, 02:22 PM
I believe you are correct.

The only pick of their's I like is the Sixers pick (from LA), which Boston will get if it falls in the 2-5 range this year. Or it'll be the Sacramento pick next year. But I'd much rather have Tatum+Brown and then whatever they need to match salary other than Horford's contract.

baseline bum
04-22-2018, 02:24 PM
Do this and get rid of Gasol and Mills' contracts.

I don't see any reason to dump Mills and Gasol when it'll cost them assets to do so. I hated the Mills and Gasol contracts when the team was a contender and could have had capspace to throw at LeBron, but that's a complete pipe dream thinking James would come to a worse supporting cast than he has in Cleveland.

mo7888
04-22-2018, 02:27 PM
The only pick of their's I like is the Sixers pick (from LA), which Boston will get if it falls in the 2-5 range this year. Or it'll be the Sacramento pick next year. But I'd much rather have Tatum+Brown and then whatever they need to match salary other than Horford's contract.

Yea, I wouldn't want horford's contract either.

CGD
04-22-2018, 02:28 PM
Plus you have free agency. People are really not open to this team having Harris + 3 top 20 picks + free agency?

You will be getting 3 top 20 picks to help with rebuilding along with having White/Murray to continue developing.

All things considered,this wouldn’t be terrible if it’s where they settled. I just think it’s the opening baseline for talks, and it’ll be up to other serious teams to top it. I just wish the Clips had another asset to sweeten the pot.

Clipper Nation
But you are missing out on the fact not tanking is a HUGE deal and ALWAYS the better option. Even tanking requires a ton of luck and you may not have that many chances. Get as many chances as you can and still be competitive.

Also, LMA and Harris are both definite assets. If SA wanted to “tank” or change directions but now they have a bunch of young players (12th pick, 13th pick, 18th pick Murray and White) and they could get more by trading LMA & Harris who are both very positive assets.

Again, I don’t think the Clippers trade is Ideal, but if worst comes to worst? It is a very solid trade IMO ESPECIALLY if they also eat Pau’s deal or Mills deal.
If the Clippers really give up two lottery picks AND Harris AND take one of PATFO's loyalty contracts just to get someone who's sat out an entire season, has a degenerative injury and now has character concerns too, everyone should be fired immediately.

The Pistons' pick should be the only pick we offer, and we should refuse to take on any of the loyalty contracts. If a reasonable deal can't be made, so be it. This isn't 2017 "MVP candidate" Kawhi we're trading for here, it's 2018 "rehabbing in NY while his team gets swept without him" Kawhi. Big difference.

offset formation
I was hoping all along that this KL saga was just fake news cos he was truly injured, which would also mean that his long term career may be an issue if given the Super Max... however, with the general consensus of 3-4 teams suggested over & over again in trade scenarios, I was going to suggest getting MIDDLETON & MAKER plus whoever else to make the deal work.
Those 2 would instantly upgrade the team in regards to athleticism & both are also excellent 3 point shooters as well.

Anderson, Green & Gasol should be sent elsewhere as well instead of stinking it up in SA.

Even better. I wouldn't mind holding onto either Pau or Kyle for different reasons but if you could get Maker and Middleton, take the deal.

DPG21920
Boiled down, if it comes to trading with LAC vs not trading Kawhi to tank, LAC is the much better option.

Hoping they could do better than LAC, like Tatum/Brown, but if not, I don’t think that trade is bad at all and still has some solid rebuild potential even if it’s no where near likely.

DPG21920
04-22-2018, 02:29 PM
If the Clippers really give up two lottery picks AND Harris AND take one of PATFO's loyalty contracts just to get someone who's sat out an entire season, has a degenerative injury and now has character concerns too, everyone should be fired immediately.

The Pistons' pick should be the only pick we offer, and we should refuse to take on any of the loyalty contracts. If a reasonable deal can't be made, so be it.

You would hope and pray that your 2 lottery picks become half as good as Kawhi. Even with the concerns, you do that deal easy IMO.

-21-
04-22-2018, 02:29 PM

Brown is killing the Bucks right now.

TimDunkem
04-22-2018, 02:31 PM
Brogdon is clutch as fuck. Any way to redo the 2016 draft and pick him instead of the IG baller?

Clipper Nation
04-22-2018, 02:35 PM
You would hope and pray that your 2 lottery picks become half as good as Kawhi. Even with the concerns, you do that deal easy IMO.
A degenerative tendon injury is a pretty major concern, tbh. We just saw Blake's career get derailed by a similar injury. It's FAR from a certainty that Kawhi will ever be an MVP-caliber player again. Trading the whole team away for a Grant Hill or D-Rose sotuation could set us back a decade.

I've always liked Kawhi, but I'm being realistic here. He's a huge risk for any team trading for him until he proves he can stay healthy and get back to MVP level.

DPG21920
04-22-2018, 02:37 PM
A degenerative tendon injury is a pretty major concern, tbh. We just saw Blake's career get derailed by a similar injury. It's FAR from a certainty that Kawhi will ever be an MVP-caliber player again. Trading the whole team away for a Grant Hill or D-Rose sotuation could set us back a decade.

Bruh, the whole team? You would be trading 2 assets that you don’t have (like a bonus) and the only player would be Harris.

ElNono
04-22-2018, 02:42 PM
My idea Kawhi offseason is Manu announcing he's coming back and Parker announcing he's retiring, which likely will convince Kawhi of staying, tbh...

SAGirl
04-22-2018, 02:49 PM
As I said, the more you consider how Kiwi has tanked his value and the deal you will get back for him, it will be better to hold on to him, see if his knee recovers and he puts on a show for the rest of the league.

Spurs da champs
04-22-2018, 02:49 PM
My idea Kawhi offseason is Manu announcing he's coming back and Parker announcing he's retiring, which likely will convince Kawhi of staying, tbh...

duncan2k5
04-22-2018, 02:51 PM
Kawhi will sign contract and prove this whole thing was overblown

Clipper Nation
04-22-2018, 02:54 PM
Bruh, the whole team? You would be trading 2 assets that you don’t have (like a bonus) and the only player would be Harris.
Exaggerating, obviously, but that plus clogging our cap space with a loyalty contract would be a lot to give up if Kawhi's just going to be warming the bench in a suit.

SAGirl
04-22-2018, 03:02 PM
I'll put it to you this way, I prefer to take a chance on Aaron Gordon who is 22, has gotten better and has played not only for bad teams but awful coaches. Maybe he pulls the next Oladipo, than Harris or Randle!

In my dream scenario this year never happened and we have MVPKiwi next year.... I know wake up!!!

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 03:12 PM

Don't think there's any love lost between Ginobili and Kawhi either tbqh.

Spurs da champs
04-22-2018, 03:14 PM
I'll put it to you this way, I prefer to take a chance on Aaron Gordon who is 22, has gotten better and has played not only for bad teams but awful coaches. Maybe he pulls the next Oladipo, than Harris or Randle!

In my dream scenario this year never happened and we have MVPKiwi next year.... I know wake up!!!

He's an ideal 4 & small ball 5 in today's league.

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 03:16 PM

Gordon can't shoot. You'd rather him than a guy who is entering his prime (26), has actually averaged over 40% from 3 and somewhat realized whatever potential he has?

DPG21920
04-22-2018, 03:45 PM

You would rather have Gordon than Harris + 12th pick + 13th pick?

MoSpur02
04-22-2018, 03:55 PM
Gordon is 22 and has improved every season. He has more upside than Harris. Easily.

DPG21920
04-22-2018, 03:57 PM
Gordon is 22 and has improved every season. He has more upside than Harris. Easily.

He doesn’t have more upside than Harris + 2 lottery picks. Sorry. No

HarlemHeat37
04-22-2018, 03:58 PM
Tobias Harris and Aaron Gordon..ugh, how far we have fallen:lol

r0drig0lac
04-22-2018, 04:01 PM
The only magic offer I would be interested in would be: top3 pick + Isaac + Hezonja (S&T) + Gordon

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 05:42 PM

Putting those two in the same post is offensive to Tobias Harris tbqh. One is just an athlete that happens to play bball and the other is an actual bball player.

Harris is no Kawhi. But he's proven as a scorer/shooter and at least he's been healthy for the last three years. Would be thrilled to get him and two lottery picks back for Kawhi.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-22-2018, 05:47 PM

76ers would never do that. They may win the 'ship this season with what they have

Trainwreck2100
04-22-2018, 05:55 PM
they have an offseason like the Lakers had when Kobe wanted to leave, they either fleece the team he's going to or he stays.

HarlemHeat37
04-22-2018, 05:56 PM
Putting those two in the same post is offensive to Tobias Harris tbqh. One is just an athlete that happens to play bball and the other is an actual bball player.

Harris is no Kawhi. But he's proven as a scorer/shooter and at least he's been healthy for the last three years. Would be thrilled to get him and two lottery picks back for Kawhi.

Harris is a fine a player..my point is that it's sad that the Spurs transitioned from Tim to thinking that Kawhi was going to become the franchise for the next 10 years, only to ultimately reach a point where we're hoping for Tobias Harris and Aaron Gordon to join Aldridge as the go-to guys on a team:lol

DAF86
04-22-2018, 06:05 PM
76ers would never do that. They may win the 'ship this season with what they have

lol son. They aren't winning the championship.

Sixers would be crazy to decline the chance of fielding a team of Simmons, Reddick, Kawhi, Lebron and Embiid.

DMC
04-22-2018, 06:18 PM
Kawhi signs in LA for a lot of money, cripples them financially. Plays half a game, grabs his leg and heads out to New York for 4 years to get multiple opinions.

YGWHI
04-22-2018, 06:40 PM
Proving again you are an emotional Kawhi fan boy who wants Kawhi's dick in his mouth. I never said the Sixers would suck with Kawhi. I have actually said a few times they would win the title with Kawhi but you wouldn't know that since you were probably masturbating to some Kawhi pics while you were reading my posts. Seriously dude get mental help since you have a tendency to make up stuff out of thin air that's not true like the time you said Manu and Tony had beef with Kawhi for years then backtracked liked a retard when people called you out on it. I said Philly would suck for Kawhi on a personal level simply because he would not be the number 1 option on the Sixers and would have to play a James Worthy type of role with them which is not desirable for him or Uncle Dennis.

:lol Anyways I know your fantasy is for Kawhi to cum on your face and you to scream Master Kawhi a bunch of times but you have to accept reality that it's not happening.
I sad it was a horrible take.

I wonder when you heard Kawhi asking for "more touches" or "being #1 option"...He played off ball in his first 4 years in SA and he was still amazing.

Unlike other players, what we already know about him is "I just want (another) one of those up there," Leonard said, referring to one of the championship banners hanging from the Spurs' practice facility...."I'm not one of the guys in the league for the fame," Leonard said. "I'm here so I can take of my family, my mom, my friends and take care of myself. I love the game of basketball and as long as I can do that, keep playing and try to get some more championships with the organization, I'll be happy. I don't care about winning an MVP – the MVP doesn't mean you're the best player in the league."

He only cares about winning. If the Sixers give him that chance, you're the only one who thinks he would be unhappy.

Media and fans could see him as the piece they need to win in the East...How could this be bad?

You can post about his dick, insult me all you want...I don't care, I don't talk back. I know I'm right about this.

DAF86
04-22-2018, 06:45 PM
Kawhi for Tatum, Brown and pick: White, Brown, Tatum, Gay, Aldridge.

Kawhi for Fultz, Covington, Saric and pick: Fultz, White, Covington, Saric, Aldridge.

Kawhi for Kuzma, Ingram and pick: White, Green, Ingram, Kuzma, Aldridge.

DPG21920
04-22-2018, 06:47 PM
I don’t think questioning Kawhi as a winner/stats guy is fair or accurate. This season is more about the leadership side which I think is 100% fair to question.

However, keeping Kawhi is by far plan A, B & C and all will be forgiven with time hopefully. But the “other” stuff about Kawhi has no basis. Just that he handled his dealing with injury very, very poorly from a leadership perspective.

Walter Donovan
04-22-2018, 06:48 PM
Kawhi for a half-eaten bag of expired potato chips? Am I being too greedy?

daslicer
04-22-2018, 06:49 PM
I sad it was a horrible take.

I wonder when you heard Kawhi asking for "more touches" or "being #1 option"...He played off ball in his first 4 years in SA and he was still amazing.

Unlike other players, what we already know about him is "I just want (another) one of those up there," Leonard said, referring to one of the championship banners hanging from the Spurs' practice facility...."I'm not one of the guys in the league for the fame," Leonard said. "I'm here so I can take of my family, my mom, my friends and take care of myself. I love the game of basketball and as long as I can do that, keep playing and try to get some more championships with the organization, I'll be happy. I don't care about winning an MVP – the MVP doesn't mean you're the best player in the league."

He only cares about winning. If the Sixers give him that chance, you're the only one who thinks he would be unhappy.

Media and fans could see him as the piece they need to win in the East...How could this be bad?

You can post about his dick, insult me all you want...I don't care, I don't talk back. I know I'm right about this

:lol You do care that's why you responded immediately to one of my posts right after the Spurs win today in which I trashed Kawhi. Also you don't know what the fuck you are talking about you are as credible as a Trump supporter defending Trump. I expect you to respond to all my posts where I trash Kawhi because you are a faggot whose obsessed with sucking his dick. That's all there is to it.

DPG21920
04-22-2018, 06:51 PM
Harris is a fine a player..my point is that it's sad that the Spurs transitioned from Tim to thinking that Kawhi was going to become the franchise for the next 10 years, only to ultimately reach a point where we're hoping for Tobias Harris and Aaron Gordon to join Aldridge as the go-to guys on a team:lol

I don’t think that anyone thinks Harris or Gordon will be go-to guys on a title team. Just that if you have to trade kawhi, getting multiple lottery picks and a player that helps keep them a playoff team is a big deal. Would I prefer a younger prospect like Brown/Tatum/Jackson? Of course, but you could do worse than a legit rotational player and multiple picks. Hopefully that player (Harris ) could be dealt later too.

YGWHI
04-22-2018, 07:05 PM
:lol You do care that's why you responded immediately to one of my posts right after the Spurs win today in which I trashed Kawhi. Also you don't know what the fuck you are talking about you are as credible as a Trump supporter defending Trump. I expect you to respond to all my posts where I trash Kawhi because you are a faggot whose obsessed with sucking his dick. That's all there is to it.

I said I don't care if you insult me...Because it's true. I'm a calm guy, most times very classy, I don't want to be part of that.

But I reply to basketball-posts...Again, your take was so wrong and deserved a response.

ceds
04-22-2018, 07:12 PM
Kawhi for Tatum, Brown and pick: White, Brown, Tatum, Gay, Aldridge.

Kawhi for Fultz, Covington, Saric and pick: Fultz, White, Covington, Saric, Aldridge.

Kawhi for Kuzma, Ingram and pick: White, Green, Ingram, Kuzma, Aldridge.

objective
04-22-2018, 07:18 PM

Exactly.

:lol: at throwing in 2 picks in the teens like that means anything

If they move into the top three with one of those picks, maybe

YGWHI
04-22-2018, 07:22 PM
After Blazers collapse...What's about CJ?

He had great games without Lillard this season, he's the young and prolific perimeter scorer that this team needs desperately. Plus, he doesn't issues with LMA and vice versa.

CJ's game and personality could be a perfect fit for the Spurs.

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 07:23 PM
Exactly.

:lol: at throwing in 2 picks in the teens like that means anything

If they move into the top three with one of those picks, maybe

Could happen. Even if it was Top 5 that would be better than betting on a guy that has a degenerative disease and quite possibly already peaked.

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 07:24 PM
I don’t think that anyone thinks Harris or Gordon will be go-to guys on a title team. Just that if you have to trade kawhi, getting multiple lottery picks and a player that helps keep them a playoff team is a big deal. Would I prefer a younger prospect like Brown/Tatum/Jackson? Of course, but you could do worse than a legit rotational player and multiple picks. Hopefully that player (Harris ) could be dealt later too.

Solid, reasoned take. That's a rare thing around this place.

:Bobo

weebo
04-22-2018, 07:28 PM
If trading to the sixers, Embiid or Simmons have to be included.

DAF86
04-22-2018, 07:35 PM
If trading to the sixers, Embiid or Simmons have to be included.

Sixers won't trade any of those two.

objective
04-22-2018, 07:37 PM
Could happen. Even if it was Top 5 that would be better than betting on a guy that has a degenerative disease and quite possibly already peaked.

Top 3 pick yes, though I'm only confident in 2 players being difference makes

I'd rather them ban Kawhi from the building and drag him than make Jerry West a genius and see Kawhi get what he wants.

I don't want Harris, that's a joke. Is he better than nothing? Yes. Better enough to stomach Kawhi being happy at screwing over the Spurs? Hell no.

As for the picks ... There's players I'd like there. Zhaire Smith, Mitchell Robinson, Robert Williams, and I worry none will be there at 18 ... But I like them as role player projects. Who can one day maybe be conditional limited starters. But that's not worth it to me. Besides, Spurs aren't going to go into the year with 3 1st round rookies, and the draft and stash guys in that range I don't want at all. Spurs might not even have roster spots free for those 3 firsts

tholdren
04-22-2018, 07:41 PM
Career ending rehab injury

weebo
04-22-2018, 07:43 PM
Sixers won't trade any of those two.

Any trade for leonard has to include a superstar or an up and coming baller...these trade scenarios only include garbage players

DAF86
04-22-2018, 07:48 PM
Any trade for leonard has to include a superstar or an up and coming baller...these trade scenarios only include garbage players

You don't consider Fultz or Saric to be up and coming ballers? Covington is already one of the best 3 and D guys outthere.

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 07:58 PM
Top 3 pick yes, though I'm only confident in 2 players being difference makes

I'd rather them ban Kawhi from the building and drag him than make Jerry West a genius and see Kawhi get what he wants.

I don't want Harris, that's a joke. Is he better than nothing? Yes. Better enough to stomach Kawhi being happy at screwing over the Spurs? Hell no.

As for the picks ... There's players I'd like there. Zhaire Smith, Mitchell Robinson, Robert Williams, and I worry none will be there at 18 ... But I like them as role player projects. Who can one day maybe be conditional limited starters. But that's not worth it to me. Besides, Spurs aren't going to go into the year with 3 1st round rookies, and the draft and stash guys in that range I don't want at all. Spurs might not even have roster spots free for those 3 firsts

That deal isn't about Harris, who isn't a joke btw. Dude is 26, shoots better than 40% from 3 and unlike Kawhi actually has proven to be durable. It's about that guy, plus two lottery picks. Add those two lottery picks and #18, and the Spurs have the chips to move up.

Potential difference-making Bigs:
Ayton, Bagley, Bamba, Jackson, Carter

Potential difference-making Wings:
Doncic, Porter, Bridges

Potential difference-making Guards:
Young, Sexton

I'm not saying all those guys are difference-makers, but I trust this staff to get one that is.

AFBlue
04-22-2018, 08:01 PM
You don't consider Fultz or Saric to be up and coming ballers? Covington is already one of the best 3 and D guys outthere.

Saric maybe. Fultz hasn't proven himself like the kids from Boston, who I agree are also not garbage. Dude's take was off.

objective
04-22-2018, 08:27 PM
That deal isn't about Harris, who isn't a joke btw. Dude is 26, shoots better than 40% from 3 and unlike Kawhi actually has proven to be durable. It's about that guy, plus two lottery picks. Add those two lottery picks and #18, and the Spurs have the chips to move up.

Potential difference-making Bigs:
Ayton, Bagley, Bamba, Jackson, Carter

Potential difference-making Wings:
Doncic, Porter, Bridges

Potential difference-making Guards:
Young, Sexton

I'm not saying all those guys are difference-makers, but I trust this staff to get one that is.

My feeling is that nobody is moving a top 5 pick in this draft for 12 & 13. I doubt they could get into the top 8.

Harris is joke to me in the context of losing Kawhi. He's so great that both his teams missed the playoffs. Spurs made the playoffs without Harris or Kawhi, I don't think Harris is that impressive despite his shooting percentages. Not with 12 and 13.

If it becomes Harris, #3 and 12? Maybe we got something.

TD 21
04-22-2018, 10:27 PM
:lmao At Harris and Gordon. If it comes to a trade, the centerpiece of the package will be a young player or pick who either already looks to have or is at least presumed to have star potential and it will be to a team that's either on the verge of championship contention or with a chance to an accelerated path to one, because those are the types that would feel confident enough in getting Leonard re-signed to give up the requisite package.

This along with the Aldridge situation will probably scare them out of "African-American" superstars/stars. I realize that comprises the majority, but if push comes to shove, it's probably occurring with the 76ers or Celtics. If it's the former and the Suns, Hawks, Magic, Cavaliers (Hawks would like to trade Schroder, the rest need starting PG's) has the 2nd or 3rd pick, I wouldn't be shocked to see Fultz offered with the intent to select Doncic.

McDunough is maybe a year away from being fired anyway. He's already gone through 3 head coaches in 5 seasons. If they get Ayton or Doncic, they probably still don't make the playoffs. Then he'll really be jammed, no playoffs in 6 years, 4 head coaches, 11 1st round picks including 7 lottery picks and 4 top 5 picks.

They haven't made the playoffs in years, Sarver is a laughing stock.

They get Kawhi, their legendary medical staff 'fixes' his fake injury, and they're in the playoffs. They combine him with Booker, make the playoffs, and tons of good press. McDunough is then the genius who 'pulled a Morey' by moving assets for an MVP player with years of prime left.

Look at the other GMs in precarious situations. They throw the hail mary to save their jobs, because they knew they would be fired without even trying the hail mary. Orlando making the Ibaka move. Van Gundy getting Griffin. Hell, why else would Van Gundy not even put up a fight over lotto protecting his 1st rounder? Because he didn't care about the future anymore, only the present season.

And if McDunough makes a trade for Kawhi, he wins the trade, period. Maybe the Spurs make out the best they can, but no matter what, the Spurs will lose any and every trade that involves Kawhi.

I know, but if they get Ayton or Doncic and they immediately appear as promising as advertised and Jackson shows marked improvement, all of a sudden they'd have one of the better young cores and depth of assets beyond them. That would give McDonough a chance to retain his job beyond next season. What wouldn't, is giving 2/3rds of that up for 1 season of Leonard, when it was known beforehand that he'd more than likely leave.

Ownership would be heavily involved with a trade of this magnitude. Sarver can't be that stupid and even if he is, someone who has his ear, would have to talk him down off the ledge.

MoSpur02
04-22-2018, 11:52 PM
I stated Gordon, Vucevic, and their pick for this year's draft. Do a sign and trade and throw in Mills or Gasol just because I hate their contracts.

blizz
04-22-2018, 11:55 PM
Tatum, brown and a pick. That’s easy. Fuck this dude. Do it, move on and don’t look back.