Robz4000
04-20-2018, 05:21 PM
A below-average role player.

spurraider21
04-20-2018, 05:23 PM
A future all-star.

spurraider21
04-20-2018, 05:25 PM
He has Tony Parker type quickness and finishing, Derrick Rose explosiveness and athletic ability, and damn near Steve Nash level jump-shooting ability.

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2018, 05:43 PM
A scrub that the high QI posters hyped up when he was overseas and swore he was Mirotic 2.0, instead all we got was an ugly Austin Daye

elemento
04-20-2018, 05:45 PM
I'm still a believer :cry

SpursforSix
04-20-2018, 05:58 PM
It's a bowel movement that you think is going to come out all clean and perfect but more often than not, it's semi messy and you have to wipe 7 times and there's still a little poo left up in there.

that's a Bertans

spurraider21
04-20-2018, 05:58 PM
It's a bowel movement that you think is going to come out all clean and perfect but more often than not, it's semi messy and you have to wipe 7 times and there's still a little poo left up in there.
kawhi's worst nightmare

SpursforSix
04-20-2018, 06:02 PM
kawhi's worst nightmare

Real talk. With $17,000,000 per year, I would pay someone to wipe my ass and have them disposed of. Each time just so they won't talk about my butthole.

SAGirl
04-20-2018, 06:41 PM
Expected him to be a much better shooter than he has turned out to be... One game left. He got a lot of opportunities this postseason bc the team can't shoot.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-20-2018, 06:45 PM
Nobody on this roster can consistently hit an open 3. An overhaul is in order. Also, Chip England needs evaluated. I don't have stats off the top of my head, but it feels like the shooting of this team has consistently gotten worse since 2014. The offense is an atrocious mess. Anderson and Murray are afraid to shoot, there is no confidence. Hats off to Aldridge for carrying this mess.

ace3g
04-20-2018, 06:47 PM
I actually thought at worst - shooting wise - he would be a Danny Green icy/hot type - but hasn't even amounted to that...

Still wish the Spurs would run more "run off screen" plays for him.

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2018, 06:51 PM
2/12 (16.7%) from three in 64 minutes of playing time this series.

Start Bertans krew :lol

spursistan
04-20-2018, 07:15 PM
Expected him to be a much better shooter than he has turned out to be... One game left. He got a lot of opportunities this postseason bc the team can't shoot.
Agreed.

He's been low-key one of the biggest disappointments in a season full of them for this team. He is not going to cut it in this league being a below average shooter given his other flaws.

Play Boban
04-20-2018, 07:18 PM
A scrub with part of his finger missing. But he was drafted in the 2nd round and most such players don't even make it to the league so no complaints.

It's just that some morons here overhype him because he's white.

Seventyniner
04-20-2018, 07:19 PM
A poor man's Steve Novak who is slightly better on defense.

spurraider21
04-20-2018, 07:36 PM
those two aren't very comparable outside of being white. novak had no ability outside of shooting

objective
04-20-2018, 08:44 PM
Big disappointment

He has balls but was shooting blanks

His QO is tiny, he can be brought back for cheap. He'll probably be a top shooter on another team but that's how it goes sometimes

spurraider21
04-20-2018, 08:49 PM
definitely not against bringing him back on the cheap... i haven't given up on him as a role player. but it's not worth paying a lot of money to a 26 year old you hope can be a good role player. so if he gets a nice offer... sayonara. wish him well, but we cant afford to be doing that

sananspursfan21
04-20-2018, 08:52 PM
A Boney Bonner

Mikeanaro
04-20-2018, 08:55 PM
Better than Matt Bonner, but looks like the original Bon Bon because plays along the worst Spurs squad ever.

Texas_Ranger
04-20-2018, 09:03 PM
He was never that good in Europe. I was telling that he wont be anything special 2 year before he came here. Looks like i was right.

venitian navigator
04-20-2018, 09:20 PM
in Europe he was a spectacular shooter. But like every shooter he has to shoot a lot to gain confidence and rythm...and that's not been the case in our team. So he probably lost confidence. Comparing him to Bonner is weird, 'cause he's a much better athlete and a quickest shooter.

UZER
04-20-2018, 09:44 PM
Confidence means a lot in the NBA. Pops constant random 3 week DNPs don’t help a shooter.

Budkin
04-20-2018, 09:52 PM
Nobody on this roster can consistently hit an open 3. An overhaul is in order. Also, Chip England needs evaluated. I don't have stats off the top of my head, but it feels like the shooting of this team has consistently gotten worse since 2014. The offense is an atrocious mess. Anderson and Murray are afraid to shoot, there is no confidence. Hats off to Aldridge for carrying this mess.

I seriously don’t understand how our shooting has gotten so fucking terrible. The whole team.

BackHome
04-20-2018, 10:10 PM
I seriously don’t understand how our shooting has gotten so fucking terrible. The whole team.

In all honesty I think for a lot of these guys it was contract time some were playing for bigger pay checks (Green, Anderson) and some were just playing to come back next year (Forbes, Bertans). To me
it got in their head and they folded under the pressure not NBA mind strong.

SAGirl
04-20-2018, 10:11 PM
Budkin (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1722) it's really easy to understand: very poor PG play from both Patty and Murray. Just one of the reasons Paddy shouldn't be your main guard and he is the Spurs main guard right now.

coachmac87
04-20-2018, 10:25 PM
He’d be better if he played with an nba point guard

UZER
04-20-2018, 10:38 PM
Budkin (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1722) it's really easy to understand: very poor PG play from both Patty and Murray. Just one of the reasons Paddy shouldn't be your main guard and he is the Spurs main guard right now.

I’ve said before it’s not Patty’s fault he played outta position. He’s not even a pg and Pop has him playing as an NBA pg. :lol

it’s too much on his limited skills plate. At best he’s a bench guy that can get hot quick as a deadly shooter. I think playing pg has screwed up his ability to shoot with a clear mind. Now he’s thinks too much, and the skill he WAS good at has been taken away by being forced to play pg.

venitian navigator
04-20-2018, 10:57 PM
I’ve said before it’s not Patty’s fault he played outta position. He’s not even a pg and Pop has him playing as an NBA pg. :lol

it’s too much on his limited skills plate. At best he’s a bench guy that can get hot quick as a deadly shooter. I think playing pg has screwed up his ability to shoot with a clear mind. Now he’s thinks too much, and the skill he WAS good at has been taken away by being forced to play pg.

agree completely

SpurPadre
04-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Bonner without the sandwich fetish.

FireMicoHalili
04-21-2018, 04:04 AM
A scrub that the high QI posters hyped up when he was overseas and swore he was Mirotic 2.0, instead all we got was an ugly Austin Daye
Lol Austin Daye is ugly af what are you talking about. Ugly ass IG baller.

BackHome
04-21-2018, 11:48 AM
No player can be compared to Errors he is in a whole other level.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2018, 11:55 AM
Lol Austin Daye is ugly af what are you talking about. Ugly ass IG baller.
:lol

TD 21
04-21-2018, 06:00 PM
I'm still a believer :cry

Big disappointment

He has balls but was shooting blanks

His QO is tiny, he can be brought back for cheap. He'll probably be a top shooter on another team but that's how it goes sometimes

Agree with both. I attribute his relative struggles to combination of 4 things . . .

- lack of play maker(s) to generate open spot up opportunities
- lack of consistent playing time
- questionable - poor shot selection
- flat out missing wide open shots

I realize 2-4 go hand in hand and have created a chicken and egg type situation. But when the alternative is a midget guard on a team that already has 2 other ones who don't do enough offensive damage to make up for their physical disadvantage, he still should have played more.

UZER
04-21-2018, 06:09 PM
[LEFT]

Agree with both. I attribute his relative struggles to combination of 4 things . . .

- lack of play maker(s) to generate open spot up opportunities
- lack of consistent playing time
- questionable - poor shot selection
- flat out missing wide open shots

I realize 2-4 go hand in hand and have created a chicken and egg type situation. But when the alternative is a midget guard on a team that already has 2 other ones who don't due enough offensive damage to make up for their physical disadvantage, he still should have played more.

Bertans is the perfect bench player for todays NBA. He’s lanky, can jump, athletic, can shoot from deep, can run the floor.

Problem is, PATFO is still trying “zag” so Bertrans type players won’t have an impact on this team as currently constructed.

pad300
04-21-2018, 06:38 PM
He's a vet min player...

DAF86
04-21-2018, 06:52 PM

Stand by it, tbh.