PDA

View Full Version : The official E.M. deserves a NBA head coach gig thread

Rummpd
04-22-2018, 04:56 PM
Discuss.:bobo

CapitalEmm
04-22-2018, 05:26 PM
Give Ettore the Austin Spurs + LMA and a 42 year old Manu and watch them Beautiful Game themselves to the :lobt2:

YGWHI
04-22-2018, 05:56 PM
I wonder why this team waited so long for LMA shooting 3's...Why did they need a team doubling him in every play to realize his range? The regular season could have been very different with Spurs' bigs taking more 3s instead of posting up all game...I give Messina credit for this adjustment.

SAGirl
04-22-2018, 09:05 PM
Didn't play Forbes.
Adequate 4th Q rotation.
Played Davis but in a very short leash.
No more Klay guarded by Patty, at least not while he could avoid it.
Danny and Kyle played adequate minutes.
Pressure on Murray and Kyle to take shots if wide open
Messina did a good job. White wasn't going to play in this series that was predetermined. Game 3, Mrs Pop death weighed heavily on everyone. I don't really count that game much.

Seventyniner
04-22-2018, 10:05 PM
He could be the Spurs head coach next year. Pop could very well take a year off, or just straight up retire.

I still expect Pop back, the offseason should be enough time for him to set his priorities. But his life has been severely shaken up and I couldn't blame him if he doesn't want to continue.

gospursgojas
04-23-2018, 12:07 AM
Put Patty on donkey. Double teamed KD when Klay was out of the game. I think both worked better than anything defensively the Spurs have done so far.

Also helps when threes actually go down.

Arcadian
04-23-2018, 01:18 AM
Can Messina just take over now permanently?

SAGirl
04-23-2018, 09:56 AM
Patty is eventually going to get exposed again. The Spurs rebounding problems were part of that but Messina wasn’t afraid to try something different since nothing else was giving results...

boutons_deux
04-23-2018, 10:40 AM
Messina looked great as the Warriors shot 38% and no Curry

I grant that his lineups did look better than Pop's (no Bryn) but Gasol for Gay in the last 3 minutes? Gay is a closer, not Pau

SAGirl
04-23-2018, 10:41 AM
Thought he did it bc of rebounding problems. TBH Rudy has been failing to box out bigs left and right.