PDA

View Full Version : Dominos had won 10 straight postseason games against the Spurs until today's loss

Kawhitstorm
04-22-2018, 05:23 PM
He has owned the Spurs more than any player, it isn't even close.

SpurPadre
04-22-2018, 05:24 PM

Karl Malone is up there tbh.

HarlemHeat37
04-22-2018, 05:25 PM
He's the 2nd best SF of all-time and a top 15 player ever..makes it even more pathetic that he joined the Warriors:lol

Only Dirk and Kobe killed the Spurs as much as he has in the Duncan+ era..

Spurtacular
04-22-2018, 05:25 PM

Asterisk city, bro.

SpurPadre
04-22-2018, 05:26 PM
He's the 2nd best SF of all-time and a top 15 player ever..makes it even more pathetic that he joined the Warriors:lol

Only Dirk and Kobe killed the Spurs as much as he has in the Duncan+ era..

And Shaq and Fisher

daslicer
04-22-2018, 05:28 PM
Not really impressive considering he's gotten 8 out of the last 10 wins against a Kawhi-less spurs team. I would say Karl Malone had legit own-age of the Spurs during the '90s more so than Durant since he always beat them at full strength.

Phenomanul
04-22-2018, 05:29 PM
He was what 1-4 or 1-5 midway through the 3rd quarter in Game 1 last season? When Kawhi was defending him...

And his wins against the Spurs as a player of the Thunder were gifted to him by the zebras...

UNT Eagles 2016
04-22-2018, 05:29 PM
Fisher, Malone... Kobe definitely got the better of us, 4/6 of the time.

Phenomanul
04-22-2018, 05:31 PM
Not really impressive considering he's gotten 8 out of the last 10 wins against a Kawhi-less spurs team. I would say Karl Malone had legit own-age of the Spurs during the '90s more so than Durant since he always beat them at full strength.

The Spurs right now without Kawhi are a one man team in Aldridge... I would say the matchup was similar. In other words, once you doubled or triple-teamed Robinson, to force the other players to beat you that was pretty much a game winning strategy...

YGWHI
04-22-2018, 05:43 PM
Which makes this win even more AMAZING :flag:

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-22-2018, 05:56 PM
He was what 1-4 or 1-5 midway through the 3rd quarter in Game 1 last season? When Kawhi was defending him...

And his wins against the Spurs as a player of the Thunder were gifted to him by the zebras...

TD 21
04-23-2018, 05:46 PM

That and their defense on him has been pathetic. It took until game 4 to finally guard him with closer to like sized defenders and trap him some. He's seen it all at this point, but you've at least got to vary the P-n-R coverage in an attempt to keep him off balance. Having whoever the primary defender at the time is, die on the screen, while whoever the big defending it at the time is, drops and concedes uncontested shots, is a recipe for disaster.

daslicer
04-23-2018, 06:22 PM
That and their defense on him has been pathetic. It took until game 4 to finally guard him with closer to like sized defenders and trap him some. He's seen it all at this point, but you've at least got to vary the P-n-R coverage in an attempt to keep him off balance. Having whoever the primary defender at the time is, die on the screen, while whoever the big defending it at the time is, drops and concedes uncontested shots, is a recipe for disaster.

I agree. Durant had potential to be an all-time Spurs villain up there with Hakeem,Malone,Kobe if he had beaten the Spurs in 2014. He came close but choked in OT by going scoreless in an elimination game against the Spurs despite the refs giving his team favorable treatment with bs phantom calls and no calls. I have felt every time Durant has beaten the Spurs its because corrupt reffed games ala '12 and '16 or the spurs are short handed which is '17 and '18.

Kawhitstorm
04-23-2018, 11:24 PM
I agree. Durant had potential to be an all-time Spurs villain up there with Hakeem,Malone,Kobe if he had beaten the Spurs in 2014. He came close but choked in OT by going scoreless in an elimination game against the Spurs despite the refs giving his team favorable treatment with bs phantom calls and no calls. I have felt every time Durant has beaten the Spurs its because corrupt reffed games ala '12 and '16 or the spurs are short handed which is '17 and '18.

The bitchass era with Ms. Robinson doesn't count:sleep

tbdog
04-23-2018, 11:45 PM
Durant just publicly liked a tweet that criticised Westbrook. He is like stalking his ex.

DMC
04-24-2018, 12:02 AM
Yet he couldn't ring with that chucker in OKC.

Horse
04-24-2018, 06:31 AM
Karl Malone is up there tbh.
Let’s be honest from Malones karate chops to 8 vs 5 both had plenty of help.

Seventyniner
04-24-2018, 08:14 AM
Yet he couldn't ring with that chucker in OKC.

And there is no doubt in Durant's mind that it was all Westbrook's fault. Given the playoff results of those two since they split, KD might very well be right.

Fireball
04-24-2018, 09:00 AM
so Dominos is Durant? uh huh

CapitalEmm
04-24-2018, 10:40 AM
so Dominos is Durant? uh huh

Yeah I didn’t understand either but now I may order a pizza for lunch :hungry:

SpursforSix
04-24-2018, 10:43 AM
Yeah I didn’t understand either but now I may order a pizza for lunch :hungry:

Fuck the haters. Dominoes is great.

DMC
04-24-2018, 06:45 PM
And there is no doubt in Durant's mind that it was all Westbrook's fault. Given the playoff results of those two since they split, KD might very well be right.

Of course he's right. I said so first, me.