PDA

View Full Version : The Disaster Artist

LaMarcus Bryant
04-23-2018, 03:35 PM
Didn't see a thread on search.

Pretty interesting. Had never heard of this weirdo or The Room. Watched The Room afterwards, LMAO, what a total waste of time, save yourself the 1.5 hrs for that one. But Disaster Artist was pretty cool. Little Franco can't really act and is annoying. James kills it tho. Supposedly the book is way better and the movie doesn't show how big an asshole Tommy Wisseau is.
What I wanna know is where the fuck Tommy got all this money to throw 6 mill at a shitty movie all willy nilly like that.

Spurminator
04-23-2018, 09:00 PM
The Room really has to be watched with a group and a lot of booze. Totally agree on Dave Franco though, that casting was nepotism at its worst.

monosylab1k
04-23-2018, 11:55 PM
The Room is best viewed on Youtube in the 8 minute “funniest moments” clip. The actual movie, like most “so bad it’s good” cult films, is unbearably tough to sit through except for those golden moments.

Agreed on Dave Franco, he’s easily the worst part of the movie. James Franco is great, Rogen gon’ Rogen, and the Zac Efron cameo is gold. Fun movie, but I’m glad that it didn’t become Oscar bait because it’s pretty insignificant and shallow.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2018, 11:52 AM
The Room is best viewed on Youtube in the 8 minute “funniest moments” clip. The actual movie, like most “so bad it’s good” cult films, is unbearably tough to sit through except for those golden moments.

Agreed on Dave Franco, he’s easily the worst part of the movie. James Franco is great, Rogen gon’ Rogen, and the Zac Efron cameo is gold. Fun movie, but I’m glad that it didn’t become Oscar bait because it’s pretty insignificant and shallow.

woulda been oscar bait but franco must have pissed off somebody so they sabotaged him

LaMarcus Bryant
04-24-2018, 02:55 PM

roflroflroflrofl that hogg avatar

I thought Franco won an award for this and pushed away the real Tommy from the mic? Didn't that happen? Maybe was a SAG award.

It's cliche at this point but Franco is such a god damn good actor. Between Riff Raff ripoff on Spring Breakers and Tommy, the range is incredible.

Bill_Brasky
04-24-2018, 05:31 PM
I think those dudes were gay tbh. That dude Greg was honey pottin' the shit out of Tommy. He had to have sucked some dick to keep that going.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-24-2018, 07:12 PM
That Greg dude was modelesque, pretty sure someone like him coulda gotten any of that superficial blonde Cali poon, tbh

Chinook
04-25-2018, 02:50 AM
I haven't seen the movie. The book was more edifying than good. It's not very well written, but it shares an interesting story. Before reading it, I had no idea that Greg and Tommy had any prior relationship.