PDA

View Full Version : Bucks: Durbeta's advice to Giannis: "be an anti-competitive coward like me"

Clipper Nation
04-24-2018, 08:49 AM
The same, however, could have been said about Durant in Oklahoma City prior to 2016. The Warriors star cautions against Antetokounmpo getting too caught up in his status in both the community and the Bucks' plans for him beyond the basketball court.

"I'm sure he has nothing but love and respect for everybody that helped him out in Milwaukee and all the fans that cheered for him, but his career is not about them. It's about himself," Durant said. "And I learned that because I said the same things, I lived the same things. I wanted the same things. But it came from a place where I was just so excited about the love I was getting from everybody else. And when I said that, I wanted people to feel good about themselves, I wanted people to feel good about our team and I wanted my organization to feel like I was there for them, I was loyal to them every single day, because I was. But at the same time, it's about you. It's about going out there and being the best player you can be every single day, working hard every single day, enjoying the game. That's your only job, is to do those things. It's not to fill people up in the seats or [fill] a new arena -- it's not your job. So I would tell him to live and play his career out for himself."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23156298/the-milwaukee-bucks-counting-giannis-antetokounmpo-take-new-heights

So basically, Durbeta's already recruiting Giannis to the Warriors. Another MVP, two All-Stars and a Finals MVP off the bench isn't enough, he needs more help. :rolleyes

Killakobe81
04-24-2018, 09:01 AM
The same, however, could have been said about Durant in Oklahoma City prior to 2016. The Warriors star cautions against Antetokounmpo getting too caught up in his status in both the community and the Bucks' plans for him beyond the basketball court.

"I'm sure he has nothing but love and respect for everybody that helped him out in Milwaukee and all the fans that cheered for him, but his career is not about them. It's about himself," Durant said. "And I learned that because I said the same things, I lived the same things. I wanted the same things. But it came from a place where I was just so excited about the love I was getting from everybody else. And when I said that, I wanted people to feel good about themselves, I wanted people to feel good about our team and I wanted my organization to feel like I was there for them, I was loyal to them every single day, because I was. But at the same time, it's about you. It's about going out there and being the best player you can be every single day, working hard every single day, enjoying the game. That's your only job, is to do those things. It's not to fill people up in the seats or [fill] a new arena -- it's not your job. So I would tell him to live and play his career out for himself."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23156298/the-milwaukee-bucks-counting-giannis-antetokounmpo-take-new-heights

So basically, Durbeta's already recruiting Giannis to the Warriors. Another MVP, two All-Stars and a Finals MVP off the bench isn't enough, he needs more help. :rolleyes

dude is just sensitive and socially awkward.
He also clsims he accidently like a IG post/comment taking shots at Russ...
A true Baller ... but you cant trust a dude like that with a burner twitter he used to bash his former teammates ...

LkrFan
04-24-2018, 09:03 AM
He'll make a good Laker :lol

LkrFan
04-24-2018, 09:06 AM
And -15 points to the OP. Didn't the Kang join the class of 2003 in Souf Beach to finally rang? :downspin:

djohn2oo8
04-24-2018, 09:07 AM
And -15 points to the OP. Didn't the Kang join the class of 2003 in Souf Beach to finally rang? :downspin:

lol

Killakobe81
04-24-2018, 09:09 AM

fair point ...

Clipper Nation
04-24-2018, 09:10 AM
LeGOAT built a championship team. Durbeta joined one.

LkrFan
04-24-2018, 09:15 AM

LeBronze moved to Wade CountyPERIOD. -20 more points son. :lol

MultiTroll
04-24-2018, 09:20 AM
Durant has reached Kirby levels of sustained phaggotry.

Clipper Nation
04-24-2018, 09:26 AM
LeBronze moved to Wade CountyPERIOD. -20 more points son. :lol
If it was "Wade County," why couldn't prime Wade win a playoff series without Shaq or LeGOAT holding his hand? :downspin:

Killakobe81
04-24-2018, 09:36 AM
If it was "Wade County," why couldn't prime Wade win a playoff series without Shaq or LeGOAT holding his hand? :downspin:

Shaq helped point the ship ...but thst was Wade's title son

SpursforSix
04-24-2018, 10:41 AM

OKC up 3-1 on the Dubs. Durant's move to GSW is the weakest shit we've ever seen from a star. Pending the Leonard outcome.

hater
04-24-2018, 10:57 AM
Looks like Kawhi is also following Durants advice :lmao

RsxPiimp
04-24-2018, 11:56 AM
not a bad advice tbh. after seeing how the celtics treated their “star” player, a person’s well-being should always takes priority over anything else.

LkrFan
04-24-2018, 12:04 PM

Truth bombs. Love Russ's passion and talent. Hate his narrow minded decision making. This sums up why KD leftPERIOD.

LkrFan
04-24-2018, 12:05 PM

:lol

Canyonero
04-24-2018, 12:32 PM
Also Lakers fans moved to the bay

Arcadian
04-24-2018, 01:53 PM
"It's not about you (the players). It's about the fans." -Shaq

Killakobe81
04-24-2018, 02:45 PM
"It's not about you (the players). It's about the fans." -Shaq

Anybody see the irony of Shaq telling Russ to ignore personal beefs over winning ...when he made up a faKe one with David Robinson and Alonzo?

Arcadian
04-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Anybody see the irony of Shaq telling Russ to ignore personal beefs over winning ...when he made up a faKe one with David Robinson and Alonzo?

To be fair, that quote was actually aimed at Kawhi Leonard from a recent podcast. I just thought it was relevant here.

AlexJones
04-24-2018, 04:29 PM
It's a lock IMO that they'll flip Klay Thompson away for another superstar.

Killakobe81
04-24-2018, 07:39 PM
To be fair, that quote was actually aimed at Kawhi Leonard from a recent podcast. I just thought it was relevant here.

no doubt, but i was speaking more of his comments pre and post game ...about Russ.

Kawhitstorm
04-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Looks like Kawhi is also following Durants advice :lmao

Porker is the worst teammate in the league, bar none

UZER
04-25-2018, 12:57 AM
Durant is like a drug abuser that wants to get his friends hooked because he’ll feel better about himself. :lol

endrity
04-25-2018, 04:36 AM
Durant is a weird anti-social person. I have seen some chats and interviews where he comes across as someone with a major chip on his shoulder.

RsxPiimp
04-25-2018, 07:48 AM

Not just a championship team. A dynasty tbh.

Ice009
04-25-2018, 09:26 AM
I have no doubt that if Kawhi was healthy and able to play in this series, we could have seen a true head to head matchup between KD and Kawhi. I think without Curry being there to draw attention away from KD, it would have leveled the playing field a little bit and I think Kawhi would have wrecked KD. I don't know if the Spurs would have won the series, but I think Kawhi definitely would have destroyed KD.

I didn't really have much of a problem with the Warriors before KD went there. Just a total bitch move to join a team that is already stacked and won the most games in NBA history the season before. The guy almost has no pressure on him at all. At the end of game 5, the Spurs down two, I could just see after Durant made the shot out of a timeout, that he's just not feeling that much pressure playing for the Warriors.

illmatic
04-25-2018, 12:12 PM

Lol do you believe half the stuff you write?

Clipper Nation
04-25-2018, 12:55 PM
Lol do you believe half the stuff you write?

Just so we're clear: you're denying that Curry, Klay and Draymond already won a championship together without him?

Clipper Nation
04-25-2018, 12:57 PM
Durant is like a drug abuser that wants to get his friends hooked because he’ll feel better about himself. :lol

He seems to think that more stars leaving their teams will somehow vindicate his bitch move. He doesn't understand that the issue isn't him leaving - it's him joining the stacked 73-9 team that had just beaten him in the playoffs.

TE
04-25-2018, 01:39 PM
Durant is a weird anti-social person. I have seen some chats and interviews where he comes across as someone with a major chip on his shoulder.
More like borderline personality disorder tbh

daslicer
04-25-2018, 02:46 PM
More like borderline personality disorder tbh

Interesting point you make. He seems like a guy who could be suffering from multiple personalities.

illmatic
04-25-2018, 03:20 PM
Just so we're clear: you're denying that Curry, Klay and Draymond already won a championship together without him?

I'm not arguing that Durant joined a championship team. I'm arguing your point that LeBron created one.

LeBron has always joined a team where a superstar was already present. When did he ever create a championship team?