PDA

View Full Version : Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (PEMF devices)

Fabbs
04-24-2018, 10:25 AM
Purportedly great for muscle pains and strains. I'm wondering if any pro sports teams are using.

Aka low field magnetic stimulation (LFMS), and tumor treating fields (TTF) uses electromagnetic fields in an attempt to heal non-union fractures, glioblastomas (brain tumors) [1] and depression. By 2007 the FDA had cleared several such stimulation devices.

In 2013 the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned a manufacturer for promoting the device for unapproved uses such as cerebral palsy and spinal cord injury.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsed_electromagnetic_field_therapy

discuss

Fabbs
04-24-2018, 10:27 AM
3rd party critical (but good) review of product BEMER 3000
http://www.bemer3000review.com

boutons_deux
04-24-2018, 05:20 PM
I can imagine magnetic "stresses" working in bone (esp if bones were magnetizable :) ), which responds to stress by getting thick, stronger

Fabbs
04-25-2018, 10:11 AM
I can imagine magnetic "stresses" working in bone (esp if bones were magnetizable :) ), which responds to stress by getting thick, stronger
What did you think of the See Also article:
Transcranial magnetic stimulation
cliffs:
Evidence suggests it is useful for neuropathic pain[4] and treatment-resistant major depressive disorder.
For neuropathic pain, for which there is little effective treatment, high-frequency (HF) repetitive TMS (rTMS) appears effective.[4] For treatment-resistant major depressive disorder, HF-rTMS of the left dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (DLPFC) appears effective and low-frequency (LF) rTMS of the right DLPFC has probable efficacy.[4][5] The Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists has endorsed rTMS for treatment resistant MDD.[14] As of October 2008, the US Food and Drug Administration authorized the use of rTMS as an effective treatment for clinical depression.[15]

UNT Eagles 2016
04-26-2018, 10:17 AM
The FDA is horrid and progress stopping, it's undeniable...

People would be living younger and healthier and to 95 average by now if these progress stopping fucks would cut it with the red tape, tbh. Want to know why the US life expectancy is struggling to climb over 80 when you have countries in Europe well over 85 by now? Regulations, regulations, regulations... it's not rocket science. That, and the fact the US prioritizes cutting costs (less Medicare and Social Security if people die younger) over actually caring about its people.

Fabbs
05-07-2018, 09:24 AM
bouts how would one get to the bottom of this as to whether or not it really works?
I was hoping for more 411 from ST.