PDA

View Full Version : A man tried to jump off a Detroit overpass. Then 13 truckers saved him.

Fabbs
04-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Man that's showing some nice love.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/a-man-tried-to-jump-off-a-detroit-overpass-then-13-truckers-saved-him/ar-AAwhPbj?ocid=spartanntp

Fabbs
04-24-2018, 02:28 PM
DETROIT -- While you were sleeping, a unique act of heroism took place overnight along I-696 in metro Detroit.
A line of 13 trucks with assistance from Michigan State Police, created a wall on the I-696 freeway near the Coolidge exit to prevent a man from jumping off the overpass.
Chris Harrison, who claims to have been part of the "trucker wall" in a Facebook post on the Twisted Truckers page, said the act of heroism took place between 1 and 3 a.m. Tuesday, starting with one truck.
Harrison, in replying to other Facebook users, said the cops waved 6 or 7 of the truckers through on the eastbound side of the freeway, then did the same thing on the westbound side.ay patrolman walked to each truck, shook the truckers hand and thanked each member for their contribution.
If you or a loved one is experiencing distress and/or depression, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline immediately at 1-800-273-8255, available 24 hours a day.
Follow Brandon Patterson on Twitter: @iAmBrandonPatt.

https://twitter.com/mspmetrodet/status/988789208562225153/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fn ews%2Fnation-now%2F2018%2F04%2F24%2Fman-tried-jump-off-detroit-overpass-then-13-truckers-saved-him%2F545658002%2F

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Unless the man was impaired by drugs or alcohol that altered his mind state, I'm not a fan of this..if somebody wants to kill themselves, they should be free to do it, tbh..life's hard..

Fabbs
04-24-2018, 02:37 PM
Unless the man was impaired by drugs or alcohol that altered his mind state, I'm not a fan of this..if somebody wants to kill themselves, they should be free to do it, tbh..life's hard..
How about if he was impaired by depression, trauma etc?

Blake
04-24-2018, 03:04 PM

In a vacuum it'd be a different discussion but in this case no, you don't get to try to kill yourself in a way that might cause injury to someone else

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2018, 03:19 PM
In a vacuum it'd be a different discussion but in this case no, you don't get to try to kill yourself in a way that might cause injury to someone else

Wasn't he just trying to jump off the bridge?

baseline bum
04-24-2018, 03:22 PM

He could have killed other people by flying into their windshield or sending people into wrecks trying to avoid him.

spurraider21
04-24-2018, 03:25 PM
Totally self absorbed. The Russell Westbrook of suicides. No wonder Harlem approves

Blake
04-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Wasn't he just trying to jump off the bridge?

Overpass

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2018, 03:27 PM
My bad, I thought he was just trying to jump off a bridge into water or an empty area:lol

In that case, ya, nice job by the truckers..what an asshole, I support his decision to kill himself even more now:lol

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2018, 03:31 PM
How about if he was impaired by depression, trauma etc?

Immediate reaction to trauma maybe, but real depression generally sticks with a person throughout their life, even with therapy and a strong support system..I understand and support people who don't want to take meds their entire lives and only receive temporary happiness, at best..

I liked the way the Japanese viewed suicide until recently, tbh..

Blake
04-24-2018, 04:07 PM
My bad, I thought he was just trying to jump off a bridge into water or an empty area:lol

I'm just going off the thread title

Avante
04-24-2018, 09:05 PM
Would love to talk with this guy, curious as how it came to this. Same with homeless people, always wonder how it got this way.

Saw a guy sleeping out by the garbage outside Denny's. He had a Walmart cart full of cans and shit and a little dog on a lease. You;d think the Humane Society or somebody would say something about the diet of the dog.

Never seen so many vacant eyed people wandering around as I do today and this is ag country, not the big city.

InRareForm
04-24-2018, 09:51 PM
i thought truckers have strict time deliveries they have to complete.