PDA

View Full Version : Meeting with Kawhi planned as a priority

duncan2k5
04-25-2018, 07:49 AM
Reported to be an "all hands on deck" meeting with Pop leading http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772431-report-kawhi-leonard-meeting-high-on-the-priority-list-for-spurs-in-offseason?share=other

hater
04-25-2018, 07:50 AM
Pussy In Dreads will have his sister call in

duncan2k5
04-25-2018, 07:53 AM
I expect this meeting to be pretty mundane... Kawhi wants to be here... It will be over quickly, and will end in him committing to the Spurs

davi78239
04-25-2018, 08:32 AM
So if this meeting will include veterans, and if they wanna come back (manu, tony) and they don't want kawhi back, I'll be damned if they're gonna take the side of old, washed up players and let the so called 3rd best player in the league go. Wouldn't surprise me from the spurs....

SAGirl
04-25-2018, 08:35 AM
Makes perfect sense. The rest of the summer decisions rest on whatever he wants to do.

SuperCam
04-25-2018, 08:36 AM
Kiwi's uncle gives PATFO his list of preferred trade destinations tbh

hater
04-25-2018, 08:51 AM

1. LA
2. Los Angeles
3. South Central
4. Laguna Beach
5. Venice Beach

Ice009
04-25-2018, 08:57 AM
How soon would this meeting be? I'd assume the Spurs would need an answer pretty quickly so that they can start planning any off-season moves.

YGWHI
04-25-2018, 09:05 AM
I would question every Mike Wright/Woj's report about Spurs, Kawhi or any other Spurs' player...They lied before and will lie again.

bklynspursfan
04-25-2018, 09:06 AM
How soon would this meeting be? I'd assume the Spurs would need as answer pretty quickly so that they can start planning any off-season moves.

Jabari Young said Kawhi is expected at exit interviews. I'm not sure when that is, but if Kawhi is in SA for that, hopefully it happens then.

I just wonder what Pop's emotional state is like. This tragedy is still so fresh

SAGirl
04-25-2018, 09:09 AM
How soon would this meeting be? I'd assume the Spurs would need as answer pretty quickly so that they can start planning any off-season moves.
I am guessing as soon as Pop’s grieving is over. They need to know prior to the draft.

That said, the team getting eliminated this early means there’s a lot of time between now and the draft.

lmbebo
04-25-2018, 09:21 AM
One of the most important summers in Spurs history, probably since Tim met with Orlando in 2000?

hater
04-25-2018, 09:27 AM
One of the most important summers in Spurs history, probably since Tim met with Orlando in 2000?

:lmao

Please dont compare Timmy to Mute Cancer

lmbebo
04-25-2018, 09:29 AM
:lmao

Please dont compare Timmy to Mute Cancer

Really? That summer had Timmy considering leaving SA for Orlando. Can certainly argue that Kwahi's impact on this team is just as important as Tim's was. This is about the impact on the Spurs... not trying to compare Tim to Kwahi.

exstatic
04-25-2018, 10:15 AM
So if this meeting will include veterans, and if they wanna come back (manu, tony) and they don't want kawhi back, I'll be damned if they're gonna take the side of old, washed up players and let the so called 3rd best player in the league go. Wouldn't surprise me from the spurs....

It won't be a choice of players against players. It will be Pop trying to judge if this whole last year was a sham. If the answer to that is yes, he's gone.

DaBears
04-25-2018, 10:22 AM

At this point in their career, MANU & TP have little to no say so on who comes & who goes... That is FACT. While i cannot divulge the actual party telling me this factual info, it is non the less FACT. -- And to be honest when have bench players had power over roster moves, doesnt need a source to tell us that.... TP & MANU could be gone next year, MANU via retirement & TP well he'll be out picking up dirty spurs jerseys in the back office after games.

hater
04-25-2018, 10:24 AM
Really? That summer had Timmy considering leaving SA for Orlando. Can certainly argue that Kwahi's impact on this team is just as important as Tim's was. This is about the impact on the Spurs... not trying to compare Tim to Kwahi.

:lmao please

The Mute Cancer cant even say 2 sentences to his teammates. How can you say his impact to the team is as important as Timmy :lol

Not even close. This guy is not respected by most of his teamates not even the fans respect this coward. How how could anyone after the way he quit on his team?

Please dont insult Timmy

BackHome
04-25-2018, 10:25 AM
Pop is ex military they not good with people not following rules and not being a team player. If Kawhi has played and been with the Spurs then yeah Super Max but when you only play in 9 games and leave the team that shows me you have issues and a Super Max or Max offeris off the table unless you have major injury clauses.

Lebowski Brickowski
04-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Pop to announce retirement

exstatic
04-25-2018, 10:31 AM

I think it goes the other way around. I think PATFO are done, and they will ask for a list of 4-6 teams, but not be bound by that list.

E20
04-25-2018, 10:36 AM
Kawhi to send carrier pigeons for exit interview/preferred method of communication. Indubitably.

Play Boban
04-25-2018, 10:41 AM
Kawhitter couldn’t hold Timmy’s candle. Disgusting. Timmy was 10 times the player Kawhitter is, and Timmy didn’t quit on his team tbh.

lmbebo
04-25-2018, 10:56 AM
Kawhitter couldn’t hold Timmy’s candle. Disgusting. Timmy was 10 times the player Kawhitter is, and Timmy didn’t quit on his team tbh.

Do ya'll read? I'm not comparing Kwahi to Tim ...

I'm comparing the impact each of them had on the summer from the Spurs perspective ... So yes, in terms of the Spurs organization, the two have similar impacts. If Tim had left in 2000? Spurs would have been devastated. Much like now,if Kwahi is indeed gone, spurs are washed up. Both are franchise players you build around. If Kwahi is indeed gone, then Spurs will do something they haven't done in 22? years (prob before many of you were born) and its rebuid.

SpursBig3s
04-25-2018, 11:01 AM
I expect this meeting to be pretty mundane... Kawhi wants to be here... It will be over quickly, and will end in him committing to the Spurs

So if Kawhi wants out, will u leave and go Blow him over at LakersGround? Thanks

Ice009
04-25-2018, 11:05 AM
It won't be a choice of players against players. It will be Pop trying to judge if this whole last year was a sham. If the answer to that is yes, he's gone.

I don't get it, why would he sit out the whole year if he could have played? What does he gain by doing that?

Play Boban
04-25-2018, 11:05 AM
Do ya'll read? I'm not comparing Kwahi to Tim ...

I'm comparing the impact each of them had on the summer from the Spurs perspective ... So yes, in terms of the Spurs organization, the two have similar impacts. If Tim had left in 2000? Spurs would have been devastated. Much like now,if Kwahi is indeed gone, spurs are washed up. Both are franchise players you build around. If Kwahi is indeed gone, then Spurs will do something they haven't done in 22? years (prob before many of you were born) and its rebuid.
The Spurs are still a playoff team without Kawhitter. Just look at this season tbh.

Besides, Kawhitter is always injured for the playoffs, anyways.

xtremesteven33
04-25-2018, 11:16 AM
Its obvious he doesn't want to play with certain players anymore. Hope Pop understands he's gotta put some old yellers down.

DPG21920
04-25-2018, 11:24 AM
There was some really odd stuff in this report. The fact that everyone will be there for Kawhi’s exit interview? The fact it’s a “team” decision on Kawhi getting that SuperMax? The fact that the divorce may be playing a role in offering Kawhi that much money?

Lot’s to digest in there.

SpurPadre
04-25-2018, 11:31 AM
Here is what it'll boil down to:

Pop: Stop being a pussy and fucking play Goddamnit.

Kawhi: Stop picking up G-League scrubs and expect me to carry their sorry asses.

Pop: Done, will you stop being a pussy?

Kawhi: Yes.

Deal Done.

exstatic
04-25-2018, 11:34 AM
I don't get it, why would he sit out the whole year if he could have played? What does he gain by doing that?

Leverage. Most NBA front offices would cave and give the 'group' what they want. They make fear based decisions.

I've heard that his 'group' is afraid of another IT situation. IT had a diagnosable, actual injury that showed on scans. It was a torn labrum in his hip. He fucked up by not having surgery last summer. His play was crap, which is why Boston dumped him.

Kawhi was actually pretty effective in his limited minutes in 9 games. His PER was 26, which is elite. The only number that was really off, if you look at his per/36 numbers (damn near spot on with his career numbers), was his 3G%, and it was a pretty small sample. He fucked up by shutting down and NOT playing, which is why SA will trade him. I think his 'group' thought that maybe he was showing too much, and couldn't shut down if he played much more.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Reported to be an "all hands on deck" meeting with Pop leading http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772431-report-kawhi-leonard-meeting-high-on-the-priority-list-for-spurs-in-offseason?share=other

I don't understand why they would wait until they are out of the playoffs and going fishing to have an "all hands on deck" meeting with him Kawhi. That only feeds on the speculation we've been hearing all year long

Dave_ET
04-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Hey at least we got practice with Lasharkus last summer

Ice009
04-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Leverage. Most NBA front offices would cave and give the 'group' what they want. They make fear based decisions.

I've heard that his 'group' is afraid of another IT situation. IT had a diagnosable, actual injury that showed on scans. It was a torn labrum in his hip. He fucked up by not having surgery last summer. His play was crap, which is why Boston dumped him.

Kawhi was actually pretty effective in his limited minutes in 9 games. His PER was 26, which is elite. The only number that was really off, if you look at his per/36 numbers (damn near spot on with his career numbers), was his 3G%, and it was a pretty small sample. He fucked up by shutting down and NOT playing, which is why SA will trade him. I think his 'group' thought that maybe he was showing too much, and couldn't shut down if he played much more.

What do you mean by this? Why would his 'group' not want him to continue playing if he was starting to play well? Were they worried about him getting re-injured, or are you saying they were worried about him showing that he wasn't that injured to begin with? Initially, I thought he just looked winded and didn't have his cardio, but apart from that, i thought he looked OK and would get back to dominating after getting his cardio back. After he got shut down for the final time, I guess it didn't look like his explosiveness was there, so I thought maybe he wasn't ready to come back.

What I am asking is, do you think he was close to 100% when he was shut down for the final time or not? What do you think the Spurs think about that?

bklynspursfan
04-25-2018, 12:57 PM

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-25-2018, 01:01 PM
Pop to announce retirement

I cannot see that happening. That is. Lot to lose in life. Basketball might be only thing to keep the man going.

dbreiden83080
04-25-2018, 01:15 PM
The main thing needs to be coming up with a plan everybody agrees on in terms of getting him healthy over the summer. So come training camp you are ready to go. No injury maintenance bullshit. You are ready to play.

dbreiden83080
04-25-2018, 01:20 PM

His impact on the team is huge. However everything that happened this season is just so fucking strange. You don’t quit on the team. You don’t disagree about an injury diagnosis with the team to the point that you are blowing off the entire season. He never had surgery. But he never played. That just doesn’t happen.

Darius Bieber
04-25-2018, 01:21 PM
I'm guessing this meeting will take place during exit interviews?

exstatic
04-25-2018, 01:23 PM
The main thing needs to be coming up with a plan everybody agrees on in terms of getting him healthy over the summer. So come training camp you are ready to go. No injury maintenance bullshit. You are ready to play.

I don't think Pop trusts his 'group' at all. I think they'll drag this recovery into next season if Pop allows it. I think it's all been bullshit to try to force the issue of either offering the SuperMax or trading him.

This is what Houston dodged by jettisoning Royce White.

I think the pivot point is who's doctors have the final say, going forward. If the 'group' says theirs, hasta la vista. You can't be held hostage by a force or forces outside of your organization.

dbreiden83080
04-25-2018, 01:27 PM
I don't think Pop trusts his 'group' at all. I think they'll drag this recovery into next season if Pop allows it. I think it's all been bullshit to try to force the issue of either offering the SuperMax or trading him.

This is what Houston dodged by jettisoning Royce White.

I think the pivot point is who's doctors have the final say, going forward. If the 'group' says theirs, hasta la vista. You can't be held hostage by a force or forces outside of your organization.

That might have been just a play for him to get out of town, but honestly every team in basketball should be afraid of that scenario. Where he says I want second opinions and he’s refusing to go along with team doctors. He did it once. Nobody should put it past him to play that card again.

AFBlue
04-25-2018, 01:35 PM
"Don't worry" they say, "this is all being overblown" they say, "it's just people speculating" they say.

Sorry, but you don't need an all-hands meeting to talk with a guy who is under contract and supposedly the face of the franchise.

exstatic
04-25-2018, 01:59 PM
That might have been just a play for him to get out of town, but honestly every team in basketball should be afraid of that scenario. Where he says I want second opinions and he’s refusing to go along with team doctors. He did it once. Nobody should put it past him to play that card again.

EXACTLY. Like I said in another post, your organization cannot be held hostage by outside forces.

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 02:02 PM
I'm gonna try and dig out some information as to when this meeting will take place. The article is a little inaccurate though. The front office doesn't have to convince Peter Holt.

baseline bum
04-25-2018, 02:18 PM
They better get something definite by the end of May so they can have an idea what they're doing for the draft.

duncan2k5
04-25-2018, 02:26 PM
Kawhi not playing doesn't help him get a supermax, nor does it help him get out of SA... he could have simply asked to leave since summer... Or simply played the year and still be offered the supermax... Kawhi obviously cares about legacy, and wouldn't blow off an entire year of his prime because he is lazy... Dude isn't Sprewell... Everything from what everyone is saying points to him being injured... Down to SA doctors being in the rehab with him in NY... he could simply tell them he doesn't want them to be there

exstatic
04-25-2018, 02:28 PM
They better get something definite by the end of May so they can have an idea what they're doing for the draft.

I don't think it will take that long, unless they delay the meeting for some reason. There is really only one issue: clearance, and when he has to play. They cannot let outside doctors dictate when their players play. If his 'group' doesn't agree, then, laters.

exstatic
04-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Kawhi not playing doesn't help him get a supermax, nor does it help him get out of SA... he could have simply asked to leave since summer... Or simply played the year and still be offered the supermax... Kawhi obviously cares about legacy, and wouldn't blow off an entire year of his prime because he is lazy... Dude isn't Sprewell... Everything from what everyone is saying points to him being injured... Down to SA doctors being in the rehab with him in NY... he could simply tell them he doesn't want them to be there

Actually, he can't do that, and they're not there working with his doctors, they are representing team interests. If he tried to send the team docs away, the Spurs could suspend him without pay. They must be allowed access to players on the team.

Ice009
04-25-2018, 02:38 PM

The Spurs are the ones that are paying him. YOU CAN SURE AS FUCK BET they can have their doctors or team personnel there if they want.

I'm gonna try and dig out some information as to when this meeting will take place. The article is a little inaccurate though. The front office doesn't have to convince Peter Holt.

Thanks. That would be great to know when it's supposed to take place.

What's your gut feeling right now?

baseline bum
04-25-2018, 03:10 PM
I don't think it will take that long, unless they delay the meeting for some reason. There is really only one issue: clearance, and when he has to play. They cannot let outside doctors dictate when their players play. If his 'group' doesn't agree, then, laters.

Another issue is what teams he won't sabotage a trade to.

phxspurfan
04-25-2018, 03:11 PM

Ah yes, Stay Tim Stay.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2000/07/12/sports/basketball-duncan-decides-to-stay-in-san-antonio.html

phxspurfan
04-25-2018, 03:12 PM

If he really was that injured, why not just announce himself out for the year? Why keep stringing the team along

SuperCam
04-25-2018, 03:16 PM
Ah yes, Stay Tim Stay.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2000/07/12/sports/basketball-duncan-decides-to-stay-in-san-antonio.html

tim was good as gone if Doc hadn't been retarded and agreed to let him bring his family and friends on the team plane, and people think Kiwi won't have an issue with leaving? :lol

exstatic
04-25-2018, 03:19 PM
Another issue is what teams he won't sabotage a trade to.

He's already taking a $35M haircut by forcing a trade and losing the SuperMax. If he walks next summer after the trade, he loses another year and $40M in guaranteed earnings. They're really not in a strong position. He HAS to play and play well next year.

cd98
04-25-2018, 03:28 PM
He's already taking a $35M haircut by forcing a trade and losing the SuperMax. If he walks next summer after the trade, he loses another year and $40M in guaranteed earnings. They're really not in a strong position. He HAS to play and play well next year.

Yea, some people are saying Kawhi drives a cheap car and has a cheap lifestyle so he doesn't care about money. I say, if that was the case, then why didn't he sign a deal with Nike? Why does the number matter when it comes to shoes, but not when it comes to a contract to play basketball? And if you say its about fairness, i.e., if he's as good as Harden, his shoe deal shouldn't be significantly less. But I would say, same thing with a professional contract. If he cares about fairness, then he'll want to be one of the highest paid players and that will require the super max.

That said, even if he didn't care about money, his handlers do.

phxspurfan
04-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Yea, some people are saying Kawhi drives a cheap car and has a cheap lifestyle so he doesn't care about money. I say, if that was the case, then why didn't he sign a deal with Nike? Why does the number matter when it comes to shoes, but not when it comes to a contract to play basketball? And if you say its about fairness, i.e., if he's as good as Harden, his shoe deal shouldn't be significantly less. But I would say, same thing with a professional contract. If he cares about fairness, then he'll want to be one of the highest paid players and that will require the super max.

That said, even if he didn't care about money, his handlers do.

He definitely cares about money, as well as status. He thinks he's MJ already.

SpursforSix
04-25-2018, 03:45 PM
Yea, some people are saying Kawhi drives a cheap car and has a cheap lifestyle so he doesn't care about money.

I'd say that those are traits of someone who definitely cares about money.

Someone saving thousands of dollars on a car is for sure going to try to get as many extra millions as he can.

ulosturedge
04-25-2018, 03:53 PM
Here is what it'll boil down to:

Pop: Stop being a pussy and fucking play Goddamnit.

Kawhi: Stop picking up G-League scrubs and expect me to carry their sorry asses.

Pop: Done, will you stop being a pussy?

Kawhi: Yes.

Deal Done.

This would be the best outcome imo lol. If he forces the FO to open the checkbook every once in awhile that would be great. Not overspending is a good philosophy overall, but at some point they should overspend. If they were a team far off from contention I could understand, but if they plan on wasting Kawhi's prime by surrounding him with scrubs then I don't blame Kawhi for wanting to bail. The Spurs wasted Robinson's career surrounding him with scrubs. It's time for a little culture change by the FO for once.

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 03:57 PM
The Spurs are the ones that are paying him. YOU CAN SURE AS FUCK BET they can have their doctors or team personnel there if they want.

Thanks. That would be great to know when it's supposed to take place.

I don't know to be honest. I was told the same thing about that priority list. I know the bottom of that priority list is a center who didn't play much. :lol

What's your gut feeling right now?

rjv
04-25-2018, 04:05 PM
So if this meeting will include veterans, and if they wanna come back (manu, tony) and they don't want kawhi back, I'll be damned if they're gonna take the side of old, washed up players and let the so called 3rd best player in the league go. Wouldn't surprise me from the spurs.... why would the spurs include players that are on the record as not wanting Kawhi back as part of a meeting put together in order to get him back?

r0drig0lac
04-25-2018, 04:19 PM
why would the spurs include players that are on the record as not wanting Kawhi back as part of a meeting put together in order to get him back?

sources: Kawhi haters in spurstalk?

SpursforSix
04-25-2018, 04:19 PM
This would be the best outcome imo lol. If he forces the FO to open the checkbook every once in awhile that would be great. Not overspending is a good philosophy overall, but at some point they should overspend. If they were a team far off from contention I could understand, but if they plan on wasting Kawhi's prime by surrounding him with scrubs then I don't blame Kawhi for wanting to bail. The Spurs wasted Robinson's career surrounding him with scrubs. It's time for a little culture change by the FO for once.

Pau Gasol (https://hoopshype.com/player/pau-gasol/salary/)
$16,000,000
$16,800,000
$16,000,000
$0
$0

Tony Parker (https://hoopshype.com/player/tony-parker/salary/)
$15,453,126
$0
$0
$0
$0

Patrick Mills (https://hoopshype.com/player/patrick-mills/salary/)
$10,714,286
$11,571,429
$12,428,571
$13,285,714
$0

John B
04-25-2018, 04:23 PM
Will there be a discussion who gets the 1st option? Kawhi or LMA. Because LMA has played arguably All-NBA on his absence and would probably not want to go back to last year numbers (I hate to say LMA is obsessed with his numbers but it’s true imo, although I really liked his aggressiveness as of late). Will Kawhi be okay with being the 2nd option? Was sharing with LMA a part of Kawhi maybe not wanting to go back?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2018, 04:24 PM

Please do.

In your opinion from what you have heard, do you think Kawhi is gone?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2018, 04:25 PM
Will there be a discussion who gets the 1st option? Kawhi or LMA. Because LMA has played arguably All-NBA on his absence and would probably not want to go back to last year numbers (I hate to say LMA is obsessed with his numbers but it’s true imo, although I really liked his aggressiveness as of late). Will Kawhi be okay with being the 2nd option? Was sharing with LMA a part of Kawhi maybe not wanting to go back?

No way do spurs give the supermax to a second option. And Kawhi should always always always be the first option, imo

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 04:30 PM
Please do.

In your opinion from what you have heard, do you think Kawhi is gone?

I think they want to work things out. I hope they do. There was tension or whatever you wanna call it between others guys on the team and Kawhi. I hope the whole, front office, and Kawhi can patch up things and move forward. My opinion is that Kawhi is a Spur next year. Not sure if that is going to include a new contract extension. At the same time I know the Spurs are prepared to trade him and have a serious suitor in Boston if they can't work things out.

buttsR4rebounding
04-25-2018, 04:37 PM
No way do spurs give the supermax to a second option. And Kawhi should always always always be the first option, imo

I think as long a LA gets his touches he'll be fine. Fewer shots for everyone else is fine with me.

SAGirl
04-25-2018, 04:56 PM
I don't know if this was posted already. I didn't read the whole thread.

SAGirl
04-25-2018, 04:58 PM
Danny:

-21-
04-25-2018, 04:58 PM
Pau Gasol (https://hoopshype.com/player/pau-gasol/salary/)
$16,000,000
$16,800,000
$16,000,000
$0
$0

Tony Parker (https://hoopshype.com/player/tony-parker/salary/)
$15,453,126
$0
$0
$0
$0

Patrick Mills (https://hoopshype.com/player/patrick-mills/salary/)
$10,714,286
$11,571,429
$12,428,571
$13,285,714
$0

It's like looking at the sun... I can't, it hurts. :lol

tholdren
04-25-2018, 04:59 PM
Trade leonard

ElNono
04-25-2018, 05:43 PM
too much drama

BackHome
04-25-2018, 05:47 PM
Amen Brother.

MVPCues
04-25-2018, 05:53 PM
Has the meeting happened yet? The situation can't be resolved fast enough for me.

tholdren
04-25-2018, 05:54 PM
His sister is fat and ugly just like his mom

Stabula
04-25-2018, 06:12 PM
Kawhi and his Group didn't even show up to Mrs. Pop's funeral much less a Spurs meeting. No one should want him back anyway, he's damaged goods and will likely never be healthy and playing at an MVP level again.

ducks
04-25-2018, 07:18 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-kawhi-loenard-return-san-165832211.html
Coming soon

duncan2k5
04-26-2018, 08:42 AM
Kawhi and his Group didn't even show up to Mrs. Pop's funeral much less a Spurs meeting. No one should want him back anyway, he's damaged goods and will likely never be healthy and playing at an MVP level again.

We have no idea who all showed up... Nor do we know who all were invited

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-26-2018, 02:16 PM
Its obvious he doesn't want to play with certain players anymore. Hope Pop understands he's gotta put some old yellers down.
Porky and Manure will be coming for more big paychecks tbqh And don't forget Spurs have Gasol for another 2 years :bang