PDA

View Full Version : General 2018 Free Agency Discussion

Chinook
04-25-2018, 10:11 AM
Hoopshype Top Players (https://hoopshype.com/2018/04/22/nba-free-agency-2018-the-top-players-2/)

Sportrac General List: (http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/)

Spurs Cap Situation: (http://www.basketballinsiders.com/san-antonio-spurs-team-salary/)

Mark Deeks Capulator: (http://www.shamsports.com/capulator)

CGD
04-25-2018, 08:09 PM
Could you remind us what the deal is with folks like Davis and Forbes. Are they outright UFA or do spurs have some protections there like opportunity to extend QO?

ace3g
04-25-2018, 08:52 PM
No particular order:

1. Belinelli
2. Will Barton
3. Wilson Chandler
4. Casspi
5. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
6. Mario Hezonja
7. Garrett Temple
8. Rodney Hood

objective
04-25-2018, 09:24 PM
Noel for mle or Milutinov for a portion of

CGD
04-25-2018, 11:25 PM
No particular order:

1. Belinelli
2. Will Barton
3. Wilson Chandler
4. Casspi
5. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
6. Mario Hezonja
7. Garrett Temple
8. Rodney Hood

Hood and Wes Matthews seem like potential reclamation projects at a position of need.

BackHome
04-26-2018, 01:53 AM
I would let Green, Forbes, Joffrey, Paul, and either Anderson or Davis walk. I would bring in the following.
SG/SF - Hanga
Center - Nikola
PF/SF- Livio

PG. White, Murray, Tony
SG. Hanga, Manu, White, Mills
SF. ???, Hanga, Davis, Livio
PF. LMA, Gay, Livio
C. Nikola, Gasol, LMA

Would invite Hillard to summer team or sign him to G League. Blossom to me did not Blossom might want to upgrade his spot.

SAGirl
04-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Could you remind us what the deal is with folks like Davis and Forbes. Are they outright UFA or do spurs have some protections there like opportunity to extend QO?
QO.

mo7888
04-26-2018, 03:43 PM
Hood and Wes Matthews seem like potential reclamation projects at a position of need.

Not sure he's still a reclamation project but, Hezonja would be very high on my list for a wing spot.

lmbebo
04-26-2018, 03:56 PM
I'm intrigued by Hezonja. Feels like a reclamation project. I think he improved some this year as well.

Will Barton would be nice, but feels like it would take more $$$ to get it done.

lmbebo
04-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Also, if a FA and healthy, wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Seth Curry. Give him the mins Forbes had ...

CGD
05-26-2018, 12:38 PM
In scenario where Kawahi stays and Rudy and Danny each opt in, looks like weren’t looking at the 18th, MLE, and biannual exceptions again to improve the team (the the outside shot of moving Pau for something).

Who are your top MLE-priced Targets?

I’ve got KCP and Noel. Also real interested to see what happens with Favors bad J. Parker.

mo7888
05-26-2018, 07:52 PM
In scenario where Kawahi stays and Rudy and Danny each opt in, looks like weren’t looking at the 18th, MLE, and biannual exceptions again to improve the team (the the outside shot of moving Pau for something).

Who are your top MLE-priced Targets?

I’ve got KCP and Noel. Also real interested to see what happens with Favors bad J. Parker.

For me I'd take a look at hezonja.

keithington1
05-27-2018, 11:30 AM
I feel like Jahlil Okafor should be on our team. I know he's undervalued and not a free agent. But he would be a good 3rd big.

CGD
05-27-2018, 07:58 PM
I feel like Jahlil Okafor should be on our team. I know he's undervalued and not a free agent. But he would be a good 3rd big.

This was me last year, but a year later after he went to a goodish situation with the revamped Nets he didn’t show much. Maybe it’s just the player at this point.

Makes you also realize that for every Embid and Simmons, Hinke actually whiffed on a lot of top picks too (Noel, Okafor, MCW).

keithington1
05-27-2018, 09:58 PM
This was me last year, but a year later after he went to a goodish situation with the revamped Nets he didn’t show much. Maybe it’s just the player at this point.

Makes you also realize that for every Embid and Simmons, Hinke actually whiffed on a lot of top picks too (Noel, Okafor, MCW).I feel you. Lauvergne was straight ass. I know he hurt his finger but he had only one dominant game. The only big we can draft is Mitchell Robinson. I'm not fond of Porter at 18. We need a good big because Gasol is old. Militunov might be pricey. We need a big with potential somewhere.

pad300
05-27-2018, 11:23 PM
I feel you. Lauvergne was straight ass. I know he hurt his finger but he had only one dominant game. The only big we can draft is Mitchell Robinson. I'm not fond of Porter at 18. We need a good big because Gasol is old. Militunov might be pricey. We need a big with potential somewhere.

You expect a third string C to have multiple dominant games?

I don't expect us to draft Mitchell Robinson because they're just way to much chance he busts. He's got a 75% chance of being a headcase problem child and a bust. While we could use a good young big, we could also use a good young shooting guard. I suspect the FO will ignore position and go with BPA, just like they always do...

Finally, IMO, our FA pursuit should be a lead guard (1 or 2), who can initiate an offense. If we don't get an initiator, our offense will be just as busted as 2017. With that in mind, my FA of choice is Tyreke Evans at the full MLE.

Ditty
05-27-2018, 11:38 PM
Barf at both Curry & Okafor

Hezonja sounds intriguing for the right price. He is going to get overpaid a bit based on his age, and draft position I bet. He has shown some top five picked flashes. His defense worries me a bit though.

Ditty
05-28-2018, 12:03 AM
I could see them going hard after Avery Bradley as 1a, then Redick as 1b and signing another shooter like Ellington or bringing back Belinelli. I bet Jamal Crawford will be a Spur also. We are going to load up on shooters this summer.

BackHome
05-28-2018, 11:05 AM
You know we ain’t getting shit and your going to have to like it. Lol

lmbebo
05-28-2018, 11:39 AM

He;d be a monster in the 90s... but today's game is faster paced and multi positional. He doesn't fit it.

keithington1
05-28-2018, 08:01 PM
He;d be a monster in the 90s... but today's game is faster paced and multi positional. He doesn't fit it.I see what you mean but he still belongs in the NBA as a third big.

mo7888
05-29-2018, 07:38 AM
I think okafor could be a valuable post season role player. There always comes a time when things just aren't clicking and you need to slow it down and throw it into the post and punish a team going small. That said, I wouldn't throw big money at him but he does have a role.

Drewlius
06-09-2018, 09:04 AM
What are the thoughts on Nemanja Bjelica? I know he is restricted but I can’t see the Timberwolves matching with all the money they have tied up in Gibson/Dieng and need to likely max Towns also. He’s i believe 6’10”, can rebound, defend, stroke 3s, and most importantly can create his own shot and dribble. We really need a coordinated stretch 3/4 who isn’t a liability as soon as he puts the ball on the floor, not sure we’ve ever had one.

Chinook
06-09-2018, 10:21 AM
If the Spurs draft a big in the first or get Milutinov to come over for his rookie-scale deal, then Bjelica makes sense. He's more like what the Spurs have wanted Anderson to be, and I'd take him over Kyle provided the deal is right.

BackHome
06-09-2018, 04:29 PM
I am so done with Anderson and Forbes and Green the nba has changed you have to be able to dribble, hit the mid and three ball and be at least 6’6.

BackHome
06-09-2018, 04:32 PM
If we do the Philly trade I want the rights to Jonah Bolden a better player then BJ.

duncan2150
12-05-2018, 10:21 AM
I Don't know where to post that but the Spurs made an offer for Janis Strelnieks

Emiliano Carchia: Hearing that a few weeks ago Janis Strelnieks got an offer from the San Antonio Spurs but he decided to remain with Olympiacos (https://hoopshype.com/social/). Strelnieks is averaging 4.8ppg in Greek League and 7.9ppg in EuroLeague this season

mo7888
12-29-2018, 08:23 PM
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-four-former-first-rounders-to-keep-an-eye-on/

Obviously not high end FA prospects but I thought this article was an interesting look at low cost fill in prospects. Definitely broken players so far but there was talent there at one point. There might be a guy like this we could use at the end of the bench next year to try and get that talent out out of them and make them useful.

CGD
12-30-2018, 11:38 AM
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-four-former-first-rounders-to-keep-an-eye-on/

Obviously not high end FA prospects but I thought this article was an interesting look at low cost fill in prospects. Definitely broken players so far but there was talent there at one point. There might be a guy like this we could use at the end of the bench next year to try and get that talent out out of them and make them useful.

Good find. It just feels like Bender is going find his way here, which would be great. TLC is also intriguing, and to a lesser extent Korzman (since Belli is here).

mo7888
05-21-2019, 07:40 PM
Watching Milwaukee, I'd be interested in Mirotic if we move bertans in a trade or lose gay to FA.