PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' Gasol plans on playing AT LEAST another 3-4 years

TimDunkem
04-25-2018, 11:29 AM
https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1534014

"I have plenty of gas in the tank. I feel I can do a lot of good things on the floor. Hopefully I'll play, in my mind, three or four years at least," Gasol said following San Antonio's season-ending Game 5 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday night. "So that's what's on my mind.

"But knowing that, I also take it one year at a time, and try not to look too much too far into the future, because a lot of factors might come into play. I feel like I've had a pretty good season, very efficient for the minutes and opportunities that I've been given. One of my most efficient seasons (probably) seasons when I look at it."

:vomit: :bang

Keepin' it real
04-25-2018, 11:35 AM
:lobt2:

Mugen
04-25-2018, 11:37 AM
:hang

Robz4000
04-25-2018, 11:39 AM
:shootme

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2018, 11:39 AM
Considering his level of effort, he could probably play 10 more years:lol

LkrFan
04-25-2018, 11:41 AM
:hang

:lol

Atl Spur
04-25-2018, 11:45 AM

This! That dude just reaches and stands around! Kyle does that trash too sometimes; we need aggressive players.

Mugen
04-25-2018, 11:48 AM

crofl

Poolboy5623
04-25-2018, 11:50 AM
I cant stand watching the guy attempt to play anymore..

CGD
04-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Ok, just not here please

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2018, 11:52 AM
At least Tony plays hard every time he's in, he's just physically limited, right now..he still plays with constant aggression..

Gasol always looks like he doesn't give a fuck..who can blame him, though? He's a HOFer, got his rings and somehow conned his way into 48 million or whatever it was..

TheGreatYacht
04-25-2018, 12:28 PM
:pop: "and we plan to pay him for those 3-4 years."

duncan2k5
04-25-2018, 12:36 PM
Holy d*cking hell...these old guys need to STFU about playing more years if we want Kawhi back... Especially 3 plus years

.G.
04-25-2018, 12:41 PM
Dat ngga is fucking delusional

SpurPadre
04-25-2018, 12:50 PM
We have two Bonners now in him and Bertans, smh.

hater
04-25-2018, 12:53 PM
Use him as a dummy in practice and sit him on the end of the bench during games

Dude is beyond trash

Seventyniner
04-25-2018, 12:54 PM

Easy to keep the tank full when all you do is coast.

tmtcsc
04-25-2018, 01:14 PM
"I have plenty of gas in the tank. I feel I can do a lot of good things on the floor. Hopefully I'll play, in my mind, three or four years at least," Gasol said following San Antonio's season-ending Game 5 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday night. "So that's what's on my mind."

https://media1.giphy.com/media/h2OLfcSKKthRK/giphy.gif

SpursforSix
04-25-2018, 01:29 PM
"Hopefully I'll play, in my mind, three or four years at least," Gasol said

He can play in his mind as long as he wants.

tenbeersbold
04-25-2018, 01:31 PM
Dude wont even bend over to grab a ball if its below his waist,can't move his feet to save his life...adios douchewad!

KimmyGib
04-25-2018, 02:43 PM
He likes having gas in the tank, just not using it.

JFK
04-25-2018, 02:45 PM
Spurs will pay old players and keep them around the league, if they resign this guy again.

This is getting to be a joke.

Like the Loch Ness Monster and Tree Fiddy. They paid the monster and he keeps coming back for more money.

daledondale
04-25-2018, 02:50 PM
He likes having gas in the tank, just not using it.He just has farts inside, no gas.

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-25-2018, 03:05 PM
If the Spurs continue to pay him, I will officially call it quits until he is gone. It was clear last year he was fading then....Maybe he thinks he is Manu. No grandpa juice for you Pau. Thanks but no thanks...

Hoops Czar
04-25-2018, 03:14 PM
Gasol is fucking delusional. Worst signing since RJ's extension.

cd98
04-25-2018, 03:30 PM
Hey, he'll be an expiring contract in a couple years that will be a trade asset for a cap stretched team.

Spurs9
04-25-2018, 03:32 PM
How much top tier g league talent could they sign for that money?

raybies
04-25-2018, 03:33 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/D88ts3knxHYbe/giphy.gif

NASpurs
04-25-2018, 03:34 PM
The tank is always full when others keep paying for the gas. The problem is we bought a lemon and the piece of shit just sits in the garage. Not even salvageable.

SAGirl
04-25-2018, 03:42 PM
Holy d*cking hell...these old guys need to STFU about playing more years if we want Kawhi back... Especially 3 plus years

It's funny no one asked him how he would feel about sticking up through a couple of tank seasons? :downspin:

Play Boban
04-25-2018, 03:46 PM
He had a weird season. Statistically, he was very efficient and had good numbers, but he looked pretty awful in the eye test. I don’t know what to think, but I know he isn’t getting any better at his age.

spurraider21
04-25-2018, 03:53 PM
the least he could do is knock down his 3's like he did last season. watching an oldass 7 footer pump and drive into an awkward post move is disgusting

Drom John
04-25-2018, 03:57 PM
One view of worth:

Pau Gasol was #92 in NBA Real Plus-Minus - 2017-18 Wins at 4.92, behind Tim Hardaway, Jr, ahead of Lonzo Ball.

Miles Plumlee was #92 in salary at 12,5000,000.

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 04:19 PM

:lmao No joke. Trade him to Memphis to play with his brother and bring back JyMchal Geeen

itzsoweezee
04-25-2018, 04:24 PM
One of the worst deals by this front office in its history. Thanks contract is going to be an albatross.

BatManu20
04-25-2018, 04:34 PM
:pop: “Can never have enough veteran leadership”

tholdren
04-25-2018, 05:03 PM
One of the worst deals by this front office in its history. Thanks contract is going to be an albatross.

Its not the contract. Its playing the player

BackHome
04-25-2018, 05:23 PM
I have to agree Gasol just looks done and I mean Well Done as in fucking Burnt. The dude just plays with no passion and if your Seven feet tall and you can’t post up someone who is 6’3 you SUCK. He plays with a lot more passion when he plays with Spain but he doesn’t bring that same fire to the NBA we better get rid of him and bring in Nikola next year.

One thing that Gasol, Anderson, and Green have in common is that they are mentally week they will not fight through adversity. I have been on Mills case most of the year but you can tell by watching the playoffs he was leaving it all on the court give him credit for that he was fighting the whole time - And NO is is not a starting PG. I would still keep him over Gasoft any day.

Stabula
04-25-2018, 06:36 PM
Spurstalk is so ridiculously emotional. Pau Gasol is a good big off the bench and for the most part had a good season. He was our second best player for a good chunk of the season actually, people forget that. He is overpaid but his statement isn't troubling as he shouldn't decline any from now to his retirement since his game doesn't require young legs. It's not his fault that we don't have any good guards, our only other big isn't even an NBA-level talent, and our transcendent superstar player turned into a faggot, tbh.

tholdren
04-25-2018, 06:47 PM
Spurstalk is so ridiculously emotional. Pau Gasol is a good big off the bench and for the most part had a good season. He was our second best player for a good chunk of the season actually, people forget that. He is overpaid but his statement isn't troubling as he shouldn't decline any from now to his retirement since his game doesn't require young legs. It's not his fault that we don't have any good guards, our only other big isn't even an NBA-level talent, and our transcendent superstar player turned into a faggot, tbh.

I dont know if he was the second best player. He was outplayed last year every game by lee and dedmon. Every game. Yet he got the nod post season.

Reality is, hes a piece of dog shit. And youre dumb

ThaBigFundamental21
04-25-2018, 07:57 PM
Sad part is, Gasol looked good for about half of last season. The dude has got nothing left, it's just sad watching him play. He is clearly done.

Leetonidas
04-25-2018, 08:02 PM
Sad to see Gasol going from being an alpha dragging kobes ass to b2b rings against KG and Dwight to being a washed up old faggot with zero heart whos always screaming and flailing all over the got damn place

Dex
04-25-2018, 08:03 PM
Even though Pau's scoring has fallen off a cliff, he still is a poor man's Duncan (at least, old Duncan)...good passing big, can defend the rim, and occasionally has some breakout games.

That being said...he ain't fucking worth $16M....but there are also a lot of other low-to-mid tier bigmen that are being overpaid in the NBA.

If the Spurs don't find a way to move him (which I doubt they will, because "culture" and what not)....he better be ready to take the fucking minimum and ride the bench if he wants to go another 4 years.

Joseph Kony
04-25-2018, 08:05 PM
really hope the Spurs can convince Thibs to take another washed up former Bulls player for us

Spur|n|Austin
04-25-2018, 08:13 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/mg7N5iXLYxVv2/giphy.gif

Chomag
04-25-2018, 08:49 PM
Easy to play for years more when all you do is stand and walk around on the court all game

vander
04-25-2018, 11:46 PM
He just needs to start using whatever Manu's on

r0drig0lac
04-26-2018, 05:53 AM
Easy to play for years more when all you do is stand and walk around on the court all game

this

I hate this guy more than Richard Jefferson.

tholdren
04-26-2018, 06:08 AM
Even though Pau's scoring has fallen off a cliff, he still is a poor man's Duncan (at least, old Duncan)...good passing big, can defend the rim, and occasionally has some breakout games.

That being said...he ain't fucking worth $16M....but there are also a lot of other low-to-mid tier bigmen that are being overpaid in the NBA.

If the Spurs don't find a way to move him (which I doubt they will, because "culture" and what not)....he better be ready to take the fucking minimum and ride the bench if he wants to go another 4 years.

Lol wrong. He can only pass.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-26-2018, 02:12 PM
:pop: Gasol is a staple of Spurs culture as he's been vital in educating the team on Rosa Parks, white privilege, and many other social justice topics. We will be signing him for 5+ more years.

Seventyniner
04-26-2018, 03:01 PM
Sad part is, Gasol looked good for about half of last season. The dude has got nothing left, it's just sad watching him play. He is clearly done.

People would be singing a far different tune if Pau was terrible early in the season and turned it on late, but the end result is the same.

As one of only 2 big men worth a damn on the team, the Spurs need to hold on to him. A straight salary dump doesn't help much. Of course, trading him and signing or trading for other bigs is a good idea but might not be possible.

Play Boban
04-26-2018, 03:02 PM
And Porker said he wants to play till 40 awhile back. We’ll see. He can want to all he wants, but that doesn’t mean he’ll get offers to.

Play Boban
04-26-2018, 03:03 PM

Agreed. He’s still a good piece, just not for the price.

duncan2k5
04-26-2018, 03:07 PM
Gasol needs to be the third center off the bench... He isn't fir for today's NBA... he should be a 3rd string situational big

SAGirl
04-26-2018, 03:44 PM
People would be singing a far different tune if Pau was terrible early in the season and turned it on late, but the end result is the same.

As one of only 2 big men worth a damn on the team, the Spurs need to hold on to him. A straight salary dump doesn't help much. Of course, trading him and signing or trading for other bigs is a good idea but might not be possible.
Patty was horrible to start the season and turned it on late. So perception has a lot of recency bias. Neither was consistently good and Pa u is overpaid for bench big that is bad at rebounding...

dbestpro
04-26-2018, 03:51 PM
As a backup like West, Gasol is right. The Spurs still need a quality big to go next to LMA.

lmbebo
04-26-2018, 03:52 PM
Even if he says 3-4 more years, spurs may not hire beyond his contract. He can want him, but its not a given that they'll keep him around beyond the 2 years left on his contract.

And bright spot, only 2 years left on Pau's contract and 3 years on Pattys, if I'm not mistaken ...

04-26-2018, 03:56 PM
The Spurs are likely stuck with Gasol for two more years.

The only good thing is that the season after next, his contract is just partially guaranteed.

Dex
04-26-2018, 04:30 PM
Even if he says 3-4 more years, spurs may not hire beyond his contract. He can want him, but its not a given that they'll keep him around beyond the 2 years left on his contract.

And bright spot, only 2 years left on Pau's contract and 3 years on Pattys, if I'm not mistaken ...

That's about as bright as a whale's butthole.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2018, 04:33 PM
No one should ever want to retire in the Spurs system. Play 10 minutes a night at half speed and get $16M? How do I sign up?

The FO will have to grow some balls and tell TP and Gasol that they’re done. They’ll never quit on their own. What a horrible personnel investment those two have been this past season.

lmbebo
04-26-2018, 04:34 PM

Last summer we were bitching about $50 mil to patty and $48 to Pau ....

sasaint
04-26-2018, 04:37 PM
this

I hate this guy more than Richard Jefferson.

I actually do, too. The guy could have made the decision to come play for the Spurs rather than the Bulls back when it would have made a difference.

MultiTroll
04-26-2018, 05:20 PM

MultiTroll
04-26-2018, 05:22 PM
I actually do, too. The guy could have made the decision to come play for the Spurs rather than the Bulls back when it would have made a difference.
And yet he gets the fat *loyalty* contract while Dedman, Simms, others are shown the door.
It's got to be a huge minority, certainly super low BBIQ poster who thinks the man behind the Gasol joke is anything other then forced retirement status. >:pop:<

04-26-2018, 05:43 PM

He's all about the money.

In the Summer of 2014, they could only offer the MLE, so naturally he chose the Bulls who gave him the cash.

Then, when the Spurs had cash to spend in 2016, he conveniently chose the Spurs after they struck out on Kevin Durant.

Who knows what kind of discount he gives the Spurs had they landed Chris Paul. My guess is he would've left.

Dex
04-26-2018, 06:01 PM
No one should ever want to retire in the Spurs system. Play 10 minutes a night at half speed and get $16M? How do I sign up?

The FO will have to grow some balls and tell TP and Gasol that they’re done. They’ll never quit on their own. What a horrible personnel investment those two have been this past season.

Parker was understandable considering his history with the team and the fact that he was playing really well before he went down in last year's playoffs. He deserved the chance to recover from his injury and try to make a comeback...it just didn't pan out.

As for Gasol, it was a stupid contract then and it's an even stupider contract now. It was nice and all of him to opt out and give the Spurs a chance to chase some free agents, but that didn't net a goddamn thing and "rewarding" him for it is going to be a hindrance going into this offseason.