PDA

View Full Version : Dejounte Murray needs to work on his 3 point shot this Summer with Chip

dabom
04-25-2018, 03:50 PM
He plays off the ball a lot and they're not respecting him. So it hurts his driving skills because they can back off him. It will open his drive game and also help us out with spacing. It's a win win for him. Do it Chip.

spurs50_
04-25-2018, 03:53 PM
He needs to learn to shoot, that's for sure.....White can already do that.

dabom
04-25-2018, 03:55 PM
Forbes can also shoot. :lol

phxspurfan
04-25-2018, 03:55 PM
Why are you still posting...didn't you lose your own attention whore bet

dabom
04-25-2018, 03:59 PM
If Dejounte can shoot a 3, hes right below Allstar potential.

TheGreatYacht
04-25-2018, 04:01 PM

jehawk81
04-25-2018, 04:01 PM
He plays off the ball a lot and they're not respecting him. So it hurts his driving skills because they can back off him. It will open his drive game and also help us out with spacing. It's a win win for him. Do it Chip.

Mods, plz ban or pink this foo.. thanks:bobo

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 04:20 PM
If Murray develops a go to shot like a tear drop and an outside shot (not necessarily a 3pt shot) then he can be a very good player

tholdren
04-25-2018, 04:23 PM
Mods, plz ban or pink this foo.. thanks:bobo

Mods are retards. Dumb as shit

exstatic
04-25-2018, 04:29 PM
If Murray develops a go to shot like a tear drop and an outside shot (not necessarily a 3pt shot) then he can be a very good player

He'll be very dangerous with just a consistent mid range shot. With a three pointer, he becomes lethal.

John B
04-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Plus he gets picked a lot and lose the ball just when he’s about to take off. He needs to hide the ball with both hands hugging close and lower his shoulder. Damn every time he tries to penetrate I shiver he’ll turn it over. Need to develop his upper body to take hits if he’s gonna go in or he’s gonna get hurt. I like the kid, but if Kawhi or any big FA will be enticed to sign with the Spurs, Murray needs to show he’s capable of protecting and delivering them the ball

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 04:37 PM
Yeah he needs to develop better ball handling skills. I mean he's solid, but if he can improve his ball handling and jumper or a go to shot, he will be very good for this team.

kaji157
04-25-2018, 04:42 PM
He needs too work in more than that.

cd98
04-25-2018, 04:51 PM
He also needs to work on finishing at the rim and when not to shoot, like when I big is right there with him to block his shot. It seems like Murray gets blocked more than anyone since James Anderson. And maybe Murray is worse.

SpurPadre
He needs to take less pictures with Lebron and spend more time in the weight room too.

SAGirl
I'd like him to be more dangerous getting to the rim. He was aggressive a few times, but not enough. We shall see what happens next year.

SAGirl
04-25-2018, 04:54 PM
He needs too work in more than that.
true. still young and with a strong work ethic.
He will not remain a starter for much longer in the league if he cannot shoot. A guard that can't shoot and is not specially gifted as a passer like Rondo and Rubio, just isn't really a starter.
we shall see. Hoping for the best. He already improved a lot this year but will need to make a leap in the shooting department next season otherwise it is going to be problematic.

his trade value will tank too in case people were considering trade possibilities.

tholdren
04-25-2018, 05:00 PM
He will not remain a starter for much longer in the league if he cannot shoot. A guard that can't shoot and is not specially gifted as a passer like Rondo and Rubio, just isn't really a starter.
we shall see. Hoping for the best. He already improved a lot this year but will need to make a leap in the shooting department next season otherwise it is going to be problematic.

his trade value will tank too in case people were considering trade possibilities.

A pg who cant dribble shoot or pass was drafted in the nba... wonder why i call it talentless???....

BackHome
04-25-2018, 05:37 PM
If we have a legit chance of going to the playoffs next year White should be the starter. If we’re going to tank then let Murray start. White should have been the starter after All Star Break

ElNono
04-25-2018, 05:40 PM
Hopefully it's a different Chip than the one Fathead trained with, tbh...

sasaint
04-25-2018, 05:41 PM
If we have a legit chance of going to the playoffs next year White should be the starter. If we’re going to tank then let Murray start. White should have been the starter after All Star Break

Murray and White didn't make those decisions. The problem is higher up.

sasaint
04-25-2018, 05:42 PM
Hopefully it's a different Chip than the one Fathead trained with, tbh...

:toast It seems like Chip dove off the same cliff as Danny.

Proxy
04-25-2018, 05:48 PM
might be a crazy thought here, but I feel like it would help if everyone on the team got better at shooting 3 point shots

SnakeBoy
04-25-2018, 05:53 PM
I'm tired of hearing about the great Chip like he's a guru. Most of the Spurs players get worse after he "fixes" their shot.

TDomination
04-25-2018, 08:17 PM
Can't Parker teach him a few things about handling the ball, driving to the basket. Parker was almost automatic in his prime everytime he got into the lane.

Would like to see Murray develop a great layup shot lol

phxspurfan
04-25-2018, 08:28 PM
He'll be very dangerous with just a consistent mid range shot. With a three pointer, he becomes lethal.

And if he grows 3 inches and gains 30 pounds of muscle, he becomes LeBron. And with a little luck, he could guess the lottery numbers too

BD24
04-25-2018, 08:31 PM
I think you need to work on drinking less Welchs grape juice tbh.

ace3g
04-25-2018, 08:35 PM

illusioNtEk
04-26-2018, 07:23 AM

I ordered him to stay.

Fireball
04-26-2018, 08:26 AM
lower dribbling ... learn to shoot instead of this push floater he is doing even on long twos ... attack the basket and finish layups (not floaters) in traffic ... so much to work on tbh

Bill_Brasky
04-26-2018, 08:28 AM
Murray needs to nearly how to handle the fucking ball if he wants to ever be more than a fringe starter.

duncan2k5
04-26-2018, 08:35 AM
Plus he gets picked a lot and lose the ball just when he’s about to take off. He needs to hide the ball with both hands hugging close and lower his shoulder. Damn every time he tries to penetrate I shiver he’ll turn it over. Need to develop his upper body to take hits if he’s gonna go in or he’s gonna get hurt. I like the kid, but if Kawhi or any big FA will be enticed to sign with the Spurs, Murray needs to show he’s capable of protecting and delivering them the ball

He has barely turned the ball over the second half of the year

hater
04-26-2018, 08:49 AM
delonte Mirray needs to work on a lot more than his 3 pt shooting.

He is pretty raw on all aspects. Hes got promise tho

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2018, 09:05 AM
Daboom is still here???

Damnit! :pctoss

jbspurs
04-26-2018, 10:04 AM
Forbes can also shoot. :lol

Shoot bricks!

jbspurs
04-26-2018, 10:09 AM
I'm tired of hearing about the great Chip like he's a guru. Most of the Spurs players get worse after he "fixes" their shot.

Can you name a player who got worse after Chip coaching?

offset formation
04-26-2018, 11:14 AM

The kid will be great. Why? Pretty simply, because he wants to be.

exstatic
04-26-2018, 11:20 AM
And if he grows 3 inches and gains 30 pounds of muscle, he becomes LeBron. And with a little luck, he could guess the lottery numbers too

It's funny that you think LeBron weighs 30 lbs more than DeJounte. LeBron probably weighs 30lbs more than Kawhi.

dbestpro
04-26-2018, 03:48 PM
Anderson needs to join him.

Slippy
04-26-2018, 08:05 PM
It was beautiful seeing Manu & LA carve up the dubs running the pnr nonstop in the 4th of game 5.

Get used to seeing none of that type of offense next season if Manus gone & you all happy to stay with what the spurs got.

YGWHI
04-26-2018, 08:36 PM
Game 4 was just a fluke game for him? His shot form looked fine...IDK.

Leetonidas
04-26-2018, 09:28 PM
He can't even finish at the rim yet. He definitely needs to work on his shot. But the fact that he lacks touch around the rim negates his ability to drive so he should work on that first

Play Boban
04-26-2018, 10:08 PM
He needs chemotherapy tbh.

cd021
04-27-2018, 12:29 AM
His form has looked good, I wonder if he was told not to take them early on;

Pre All Star-. 32 3PA
Post All Star-. 65 3PA

Probably has consistently worked with Chip but he had only recently gotten the go-ahead to start shooting them in games. Next season, he simply has to shoot them more often-even if he only shoots 30% on 2 attempts per game, that is more pallet-able than teams sagging off and him passing it off once he gets the all.

tmtcsc
04-27-2018, 04:23 PM

Allegedly. His mouth and selfie-skills work, that's for sure.

SAGirl
04-27-2018, 04:26 PM
Allegedly. Hi mouth and selfie-skills work, that's for sure.
If he comes in next season with an inability to shoot again, Spurs have to look around. Everyone has vouched for him working hard so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt in the sense that maybe he’s better next year.... We shall see.

tmtcsc
04-27-2018, 04:53 PM
If he comes in next season with an inability to shoot again, Spurs have to look around. Everyone has vouched for him working hard so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt in the sense that maybe he’s better next year.... We shall see.

He's a GREAT rebounder for a PG but like you mentioned, he needs to be able to shoot too. The 3's would be nice but he needs to be a threat to make a mid-range shot as well. He's got a strange combination of skills at this point and MUST improve as a shooter.

I admit I am a cynic and skeptic when it comes to people talking about wanting to be "Great" and saying they are "working hard". If someone works hard, you'll see the results and it doesn't have to be said. Let your game speak louder than your words.

exstatic
04-27-2018, 05:00 PM

Tony Parker didn't develop a consistent jumper until Chip was hired after the 2005 championship. That's at least after his 4th season. EVERYONE went under the pick on him. It probably cost them rings in 2004.

SAGirl
04-27-2018, 06:56 PM
Tony Parker didn't develop a consistent jumper until Chip was hired after the 2005 championship. That's at least after his 4th season. EVERYONE went under the pick on him. It probably cost them rings in 2004.
It doesn't matter with Dijon bc he's not a great finisher or passer in the PnR either... there is nothing offensively right now that he's great at.

SAGirl
04-27-2018, 06:57 PM
He's a GREAT rebounder for a PG but like you mentioned, he needs to be able to shoot too. The 3's would be nice but he needs to be a threat to make a mid-range shot as well. He's got a strange combination of skills at this point and MUST improve as a shooter.

I admit I am a cynic and skeptic when it comes to people talking about wanting to be "Great" and saying they are "working hard". If someone works hard, you'll see the results and it doesn't have to be said. Let your game speak louder than your words.
I have come to the conclusion some guys just don't have a feel for shooting and won't ever be great at it, but they can be passable... it's his lack of any offensive skillset right now.

jehawk81
04-27-2018, 10:53 PM

Yet ur boy Kyle gets a pass from u

SAGirl
04-27-2018, 11:08 PM
Yet ur boy Kyle gets a pass from u
As a forward he's easier to hide under the basket if you want, specially as a bench player. But for a guard who can't shoot, it's a lot more difficult. Still, I have been saying for a long time, Kyle needs to improve his shooting just as well... can look it up if you want.

Ice009
04-27-2018, 11:28 PM
I have come to the conclusion some guys just don't have a feel for shooting and won't ever be great at it, but they can be passable... it's his lack of any offensive skillset right now.

I say this all the time. I always had a feel for shooting. It just feels natural to me since I was a kid. I don't believe you can fix everyone's shot. There are exceptions, but most people that don't have even a slight feel for shooting, I don't think you can turn many of those types of players into great shooters. I also don't feel you need to have an orthodox shot or perfect mechanics to be a great shooter. I was a Reggie Miller fan growing up and he didn't have the most orthodox shot, but I still think he was one of the greatest shooters of all time.

Jason Kidd is a guy that I was very impressed with, as he was a terrible shooter when he was younger, but by the end of his career he turned himself into a pretty good spot up 3 point shooter. He ended up pretty high on the 3 pointers made in NBA history list. He seemed to really improve when he went back to Dallas, so I wonder if Holger Geschwindner (Dirk's shooting coach) had a lot to do with the final product?

jehawk81
04-27-2018, 11:32 PM
As a forward he's easier to hide under the basket if you want, specially as a bench player. But for a guard who can't shoot, it's a lot more difficult. Still, I have been saying for a long time, Kyle needs to improve his shooting just as well... can look it up if you want.

No need to look it up & i disagree with ur thinking. Both Kyle & Murray should be coming off the bench, but because of injuries to the starting unit were forced into the SL. They both play passable if not solid defense many times, but in today's NBA, & especially in the horrible roster PATFO has constructed, they need to provide more than what they bring to the table.. & it starts with being able to provide scoring. Other teams are the ones hiding players on defense when those two are out there. They provide no spacing at all. Other teams actually dare them to shoot.. & ur right in that Spurs should prolly look elsewhere because of Murray's horrible shooting, but Kyle gets no pass either. As a matter of fact Kyle's been in the league 2 more years than Murray & if judged with the same measure ur judging Murray with, shoulda already been outta here since a couple years back

SAGirl
04-27-2018, 11:37 PM
I say this all the time. I always had a feel for shooting. It just feels natural to me since I was a kid. I don't believe you can fix everyone's shot. There are exceptions, but most people that don't have even a slight feel for shooting, I don't think you can turn many of those types of players into great shooters.

Jason Kidd is a guy that I was very impressed with, as he was a terrible shooter when he was younger, but by the end of his career he turned himself into a pretty good spot up 3 point shooter. He ended up pretty high on the 3 pointers made in NBA history list. He seemed to really improve when he went back to Dallas, so I wonder if Holger Geschwindner (Dirk's shooting coach) had a lot to do with it?
Dirk himself may have given him pointers... and he probably worked at it for many years b4 he was good at that shot... on top of it he was skilled at other aspects of bball so his shot complimented his others skills and extended his career, it wasn't the foundation of his success.

I think if Dejounte was more effective at other PG skills he could survive some iffy shooting early on in his career, but he's really below average offensively at everything right now. He doesn't attack the basket enough, although he got better, it's just not enough.

A lot of his RS scoring came from offensive rebounds, dump offs from lamarcus to him under the basket, and some transition scoring... He has the game of a nonshooting wing right now. It's just not the offensive skillset a PG needs, which is why he needed Mills to be the one running PnR and the offense really, etc.

I am hoping he can improve... but watching a Donovan Mitchell right now in the playoffs you can see how if Dejounte wasn't a Spur nobody would care about him... He's really nothing special for a starting guard.

SAGirl
04-27-2018, 11:40 PM
No need to look it up & i disagree with ur thinking. Both Kyle & Murray should be coming off the bench, but because of injuries to the starting unit were forced into the SL. They both play passable if not solid defense many times, but in today's NBA, & especially in the horrible roster PATFO has constructed, they need to provide more than what they bring to the table.. & it starts with being able to provide scoring. Other teams are the ones hiding players on defense when those two are out there. They provide no spacing at all. Other teams actually dare them to shoot.. & ur right in that Spurs should prolly look elsewhere because of Murray's horrible shooting, but Kyle gets no pass either. As a matter of fact Kyle's been in the league 2 more years than Murray & if judged with the same measure ur judging Murray with, shoulda already been outta here since a couple years back

You are acting like I offended Murray or something. I never said he needs to be out of the team, but he will not be a starting caliber guard for much longer if he doesn't improve. Considering how young he is and his "reputed" work ethic, one hopes that he can.

Ice009
04-27-2018, 11:45 PM
Jason definitely improved his shooting before he went back to Dallas, but I was wondering if Holger and maybe Dirk helped with the final product, because from a certain point on, in Dallas and New York, Kidd became a pretty good 3 point shooter.

I'm watching the Utah game right now too. Donovan Mitchell, I said after a Spurs Vs Utah Summer League game that Mitchell has a lot of skills. I recall being mad that Murray wasn't even playing and that Mitchell showed flashes of greatness while dominating the Spurs SL team. Mitchell won me over in the last regular season meeting between the Jazz Vs Spurs where he hit 3 clutch 3 pointers. From that point on, I was on the wagon for good.

Murray is lucky to even be starting in the NBA at this point.

jehawk81
04-27-2018, 11:55 PM
You are acting like I offended Murray or something. I never said he needs to be out of the team, but he will not be a starting caliber guard for much longer if he doesn't improve. Considering how young he is and his "reputed" work ethic, one hopes that he can.

I really don't care if u offended anyone, this is just a forum. I actually wish that each of these guys could help out the team much more than they do, but they have ALOT of work to do to become an integral part of the team.. & truth be told, they probably just don't have the talent for it. Also, I'm agreeing with u on the Murray part, but I'm saying that they both suck at shooting & should be judged in like manner.

SAGirl
04-28-2018, 12:40 AM
I really don't care if u offended anyone, this is just a forum. I actually wish that each of these guys could help out the team much more than they do, but they have ALOT of work to do to become an integral part of the team.. & truth be told, they probably just don't have the talent for it. Also, I'm agreeing with u on the Murray part, but I'm saying that they both suck at shooting & should be judged in like manner.
Well this thread is about Murray... there have been plenty of threads roasting Kyle before... and truth be told, I avoid mix him in other threads because I got quite worn out myself from talking about him because there was a time he popped up everwhere. You couldn't talk about anyone else without him popping up... like this right here that you are doing.

I am not even sure Kyle will still be a Spur next season. I have changed my mind several times. On the one hand he reminds me of many recent roleplayers the Spurs have let go for moderate (not even extravagant or expensive) deals in recent years. On the other, the Spurs have a lot or really, really old dudes in their team already under contract and they relied on him heavily this season, to eat regular minutes and to glue a lot of different lineups together. So ultimately I am really unsure about him but until we know he's signed back, there's not much point to say much about him. He really might not be back after all so it becomes a moot conversation.

Murray, OTOH unless there is a trade, will for sure be back and not only that, he's also projected as a starter so he's a lot more relevant to discuss on his own. Heck he was hyped up b4 the season started as a potential all star. :drunk

jehawk81
04-28-2018, 12:55 AM
Well this thread is about Murray... there have been plenty of threads roasting Kyle before... and truth be told, I avoid mix him in other threads because I got quite worn out myself from talking about him because there was a time he popped up everwhere. You couldn't talk about anyone else without him popping up... like this right here that you are doing.

I am not even sure Kyle will still be a Spur next season. I have changed my mind several times. On the one hand he reminds me of many recent roleplayers the Spurs have let go for moderate (not even extravagant or expensive) deals in recent years. On the other, the Spurs have a lot or really, really old dudes in their team already under contract and they relied on him heavily this season, to eat regular minutes and to glue a lot of different lineups together. So ultimately I am really unsure about him but until we know he's signed back, there's not much point to say much about him. He really might not be back after all so it becomes a moot conversation.

Murray, OTOH unless there is a trade, will for sure be back and not only that, he's also projected as a starter so he's a lot more relevant to discuss on his own. Heck he was hyped up b4 the season started as a potential all star. :drunk

Gotcha lol.. :bobo

Kawhitstorm
04-28-2018, 03:29 PM
The dude that can't even coach shooters: Danny/Fatty/Forbes:lmao......& Brick Head:wow

Dude is more washed up than Pop, trade him for a 1st rd pick like Doc/Celtics :wakeup

dabom
07-13-2018, 03:26 PM
Good shit Dejounte. :tu

K...
07-13-2018, 03:42 PM
Good shit Dejounte. :tu

Wow so bold, go bump your thread Patty Mills needs to work on his defense too

BackHome
07-13-2018, 04:37 PM
Dabom trying to jump form K-Y jock to Murray's jock. :lol