PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sports: Kawhi's group shielded him from contact with the Spurs while in NY

ElNono
04-25-2018, 08:18 PM
Nobody is sure how the Kawhi Leonard situation is going to play out with the Spurs. As is the nature of the NBA, the GMs of other teams are starting to circle the Spurs like vultures, on the chance that this time Gregg Popovich cannot smooth out the relationship with his star player and needs to trade him. Leonard spent the playoffs away from the team, working out and talking to doctors in New York while “his group” shielded him from attempts from San Antonio to reach out.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-kawhi-loenard-return-san-165832211.html

damn

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2018, 08:19 PM
:lol this is on some Scientology/Jim Jones type of shit..

Robz4000
04-25-2018, 08:20 PM
If this is true Kawhi got himself into some deep shit. He's gonna get taken for every cent like DRose.

spursistan
04-25-2018, 08:23 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm afraid Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) nailed Kawhi with the Derrick Rose analogy :lol..

The signs were there. This dude has got some issues..

Mugen
04-25-2018, 08:23 PM
:lol what a fucking nerd tbh

spursistan
04-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Committing 219 millions to this mental case :lmao..

exstatic
04-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Danny Ainge on line three...

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 08:25 PM
I didn't find that bolded text that ElNono posted in that linked article???

Nevermind. Found it. It's been a long day. :lmao

xtremesteven33
04-25-2018, 08:25 PM
Kawhi running away from Pop's plantation.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2018, 08:28 PM

It's in the first paragraph..I also thought he fabricated it:lol

weebo
04-25-2018, 08:30 PM
Wait....weren't Spurs' officials in NY with KL??

Kindergarten Cop
04-25-2018, 08:30 PM

It's the last sentence in the opening paragraph directly below the first photo.

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 08:31 PM
So pretty much what I was told and what has been reported. His uncle is in control of all this. It's not a good look for Kawhi. Not sure what caused this relationship to go south. Maybe it's just that he has a desire to play in California. If it's simply because he wants to play close to home, the. So the exact opposite and trade him to the East. The Spurs don't owe him favors.

phxspurfan
04-25-2018, 08:32 PM
Kawhi running away from Pop's plantation

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2018, 08:34 PM
So pretty much what I was told and what has been reported. His uncle is in control of all this. It's not a good look for Kawhi. Not sure what caused this relationship to go south. Maybe it's just that he has a desire to play in California. If it's simply because he wants to play close to home, the. So the exact opposite and trade him to the East. The Spurs don't owe him favors.

It's been obvious that Kawhi isn't running the show for a minute, tbh..since Pop began emphasizing his "group" and using coded language..

It's why I stopped saying anything negative about Kawhi..he clearly has some form of autism or social disability, as most of us had suspected for years.. he's being taken advantage of, it isn't normal for a 27-year old man to behave this way..

weebo
04-25-2018, 08:35 PM

If it's as simple as just wanting to play in LA, why the drama? Just play and finish out the year then ask to be traded---see LMA last year.

baseline bum
04-25-2018, 08:37 PM
If this is true Kawhi got himself into some deep shit. He's gonna get taken for every cent like DRose.

I hate to say it, but I'm afraid Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) nailed Kawhi with the Derrick Rose analogy :lol..

The signs were there. This dude has got some issues..

What's the story with Gangster Disciple?

Spurtacular
04-25-2018, 08:40 PM

Yea, that $219 million extension is just enslavement. How dare the Spurs.....

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 08:41 PM
If it's as simple as just wanting to play in LA, why the drama? Just play and finish out the year then ask to be traded---see LMA last year.

I think the risk of injury

bklynspursfan
04-25-2018, 08:41 PM
Which explains the "you'll have to ask Kawhi and his group" answer Pop gave.

Chomag
04-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Such an odd situation.

Honest question, can a player under contract be fined if they hold themselves out?

Twisted_Dawg
04-25-2018, 08:43 PM
It's been obvious that Kawhi isn't running the show for a minute, tbh..since Pop began emphasizing his "group" and using coded language..

It's why I stopped saying anything negative about Kawhi..he clearly has some form of autism or social disability, as most of us had suspected for years.. he's being taken advantage of, it isn't normal for a 27-year old man to behave this way..
Asperger syndrome?

Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's, is a developmental disorder characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.[1] As a milder autism spectrum disorder (ASD), it differs from other ASDs by relatively normal language and intelligence.[4] Although not required for diagnosis, physical clumsiness and unusual use of language are common.[5][6] Signs usually begin before two years old and typically last for a person's entire life.[1]

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 08:43 PM

Well the thread I started back in January I stated that the issue besides the quad and what was more of the cause to all this had to do with Kawhi mentally. Not sure what it is. I don't wanna speculate because that is a touchy subject.

phxspurfan
04-25-2018, 08:47 PM
Such an odd situation.

Honest question, can a player under contract be fined if they hold themselves out?

I asked this earlier, what will it take for Silver to step in. Not sure how much more ammo he needs. If this happened to the Lakers, Celtics, Dubs, Knicks or other large market team there would be hell to pay in Kawhi's camp

ElNono
04-25-2018, 08:47 PM
Royce Leonard, tbh... smh

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 08:49 PM
Obviously Pop wasn't being his usual sarcastic self with his "you have to ask his group" responses. I'm hurt Pop is more hurt than mad if this is all true.

baseline bum
04-25-2018, 08:49 PM
$19 million wasted for this fucking shit. Fuck Kawhi and his piece of shit uncle. I'd just suspend his ass for next season out of spite and let him try to come back after two years away from the game.

daslicer
04-25-2018, 08:52 PM
Spurs need to have this moment with kawhi's uncle.
XLQLKDICpHk

Barfunk
It's over. Just let him walk. He should be sued though.

Chomag
$19 million wasted for this fucking shit. Fuck Kawhi and his piece of shit uncle. I'd just suspend his ass for next season out of spite and let him try to come back after two years away from the game.
Nah I would much rather see Spurs ship him to some shit ass team to rot for at least another year.

spursistan
04-25-2018, 08:54 PM
What's the story with Gangster Disciple?
It is just about Kawhi having the same mental makeup as Rose without the gangbanger shit..

On another note, I do think the Spurs should contemplate playing hardball with him and his group. At this point, I'm getting my lawyers at the ready..May even suspend him like you suggested..

Fuck it, destroy his and their careers. He won't bring shit in a trade right now.

baseline bum
04-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Nah I would much rather see Spurs ship him to some shit ass team to rot for at least another year.

I'd rather let him rot working out in New York another year. He can piss away a second year of his prime and have everyone wondering if he can really be worth a max contact again.

Barfunk
04-25-2018, 08:57 PM
Yea, that $219 million extension is just enslavement. How dare the Spurs.....

This right here. He would have been a #3 at best with Indiana. This is Durant level bitchmade here. Possibly worst. I can't believe I am saying this. Yeah, this is worst than Durant.

baseline bum
04-25-2018, 08:57 PM
It is just about Kawhi having the same mental makeup as Rose without the gangbanger shit..

On another note, I do think the Spurs should contemplate playing hardball with him and his group. At this point, I'm getting my lawyers at the ready..May even suspend him like you suggested..

Fuck it, destroy his and their careers. He won't bring shit in a trade right now.

Might as well play hardball with this piece of shit. I have never seen a player play hardball like this against his team before.

spursistan
04-25-2018, 09:01 PM
Writing is pretty clear on the wall : Woj, Lowe, David Aldridge, Pop ("his group") , Manu/TP, he got the hell out of dodge after player-only-meeting, won't sit on the bench in playoffs..

You would be a comically deluded person to deny who is at fault and where this is headed to..

PATFO better be ready for a fight if he doesn't come to his senses..

apalisoc_9
04-25-2018, 09:05 PM
Kawhi is finally going to be free

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/rejoice.png

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 09:12 PM

This

AFBlue
04-25-2018, 09:15 PM
Honestly, what a weak ass bitch. Grown ass man getting "handled." Ridiculous.

Twisted_Dawg
04-25-2018, 09:20 PM
Honestly, what a weak ass bitch. Grown ass man getting "handled." Ridiculous.

This. On a future 30 for 30 show, they'll feature how a now bankrupt Kawhi was taken advantage and cleaned out by his Group, while not mentioning he hired them and listened to them.

TheGreatYacht
04-25-2018, 09:20 PM

DPG21920
04-25-2018, 09:21 PM
Kawhi isn’t getting handled. He’s not being held at gun point. Letting someone do the talking does not absolve someone from the decisions. Kawhi is doing what he wants to do.

spursistan
04-25-2018, 09:25 PM

You try to never go there because it a sensitive issue, but it is becoming really hard to ignore this factor in the whole saga. Although I do think that the nagging element of this particular injury may have mindfucked him even more.

J_Paco
04-25-2018, 09:27 PM

You are both fucking stupid as hell. Spurs have done nothing but built this guy up even when other people didn't see it.

I've lost so, so much respect for Kawhi as a person and athlete. To allow outside forces to dictate your potential HOF career and for what?

What business acumen or experience does his uncle possess that makes Kawhi think this, this is the way to treat your (former) teammates, coaching staff and fanbase?

weebo
04-25-2018, 09:29 PM
Manu>KL

objective
04-25-2018, 09:32 PM
People wondering why so set on LA

Imagine you're a parasitic family member. So much easier to get access and control access to Kawhi when you live in the same city. Hell, you can live in the same house with all your other friends you can put on the payroll.

DPG21920
04-25-2018, 09:33 PM
Look, we will know soon. If Kawhi signs, it means one of two things:

1) At Best: This entire thing was overblown, even if there were legit frustrations. The control from him group was really never legit especially if an exit meeting can completely ruin your year long plans :lol

2) At Worst: It was Kawhi’s teams plan to leverage SA for the SuperMax because he did not want to risk himself getting Isiah Thomas’d. Terrible idea, unnecessary, but that is worst case.

If he leaves, it means that all the stuff was true and this was a year long plan by Kawhi and his team to get out of SA.

Uriel
04-25-2018, 09:36 PM

This. I don't get why so many people are mad at Kawhi. The problem isn't him; it's "his group." His entourage. His uncle.

Kawhi made clear in his last interview that there wasn't any friction between him and the Spurs. His uncle called the next day to the Express-News to say there wasn't any tension between Kawhi and the Spurs. Hell, even Jalen Rose, the guy who started all this drama in the national media, said he believed his uncle.

But you know what else Jalen Rose said? He said he believes that there is no tension between the Spurs and Kawhi. He believes the tension is between the Spurs and Kawhi's uncle.

offset formation
04-25-2018, 09:39 PM
He needs to get the fuck on oughta here.

I dont even want to be forced to cheer him on.

NASpurs
04-25-2018, 09:40 PM
His sister is the Iraqi information minister mene nowadays. Can’t wait for her latest damage control post on IG.

offset formation
04-25-2018, 09:40 PM
This. I don't get why so many people are mad at Kawhi. The problem isn't him; it's "his group." His entourage. His uncle.

Kawhi made clear in his last interview that there wasn't any friction between him and the Spurs. His uncle called the next day to the Express-News to say there wasn't any tension between Kawhi and the Spurs. Hell, even Jalen Rose, the guy who started all this drama in the national media, said he believed his uncle.

But you know what else Jalen Rose said? He said he believes that there is no tension between the Spurs and Kawhi. He believes the tension is between the Spurs and Kawhi's uncle.

You just took every bit of his man card away from him. Does he not have a spine?

DPG21920
04-25-2018, 09:42 PM

That doesn’t make sense. The Uncle is an extension of Kawhi. It’s not like Kawhi is going to show up for the meeting talk to Pop and say “My UNCLE DID WHAT???? DENNNNISSSSSSSSSSSS!”

offset formation
04-25-2018, 09:46 PM
Why is the general vibe here that's it's up to PATFO to smooth things over, the way he did with LA?

He acknowledged misusing LA. What have they done to Kawhi to deserve the complete and utter lack of respect he's shown them from the office to the players?

Get his ass out of here. Trade him for the best you can and move on. It's clear where this is headed.

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 09:48 PM
Spurs brass will be meeting and as reported Kawhi is #1 on that agenda. I'm sure most in the FO don't want him here anymore. I'm sure there will be a few who want to work things out because of what he does on the court.

offset formation
04-25-2018, 09:49 PM
That doesn’t make sense. The Uncle is an extension of Kawhi. It’s not like Kawhi is going to show up for the meeting talk to Pop and say “My UNCLE DID WHAT???? DENNNNISSSSSSSSSSSS!”

Yep. I cannot imagine what must be going through Pop's head (other than grieving for his wife) when the player he nurtured and groomed has rejected him to the point he won't even respond due to being filtered by his group.

Pathetic. Disrespectful nonsense.

Fuck Kawhi.

Edit: I wonder if Muted ever contacted Pop after Erin's death. I mean, if this article held true even through that, then goodnight.

spursistan
04-25-2018, 09:58 PM
Not sure how are you going to entrust your franchise with this guy going forward, tbh...especially with Timmy not in that lockeroom anymore.

What guarantees we have that after banking in the Supermax he wouldn't go on another New York Rehab trip..

DPG21920
04-25-2018, 10:00 PM
Not sure how are you going to entrust your franchise with this guy going forward, tbh...especially with Timmy not in that lockeroom anymore.

What guarantees we have that after banking in the Supermax he wouldn't go on another New York Rehab trip..

If he pulls that after signing, fine, SA has a TON of leverage in a trade because now Kawhi is locked into a long-term deal and a team will give up a ton since they know he can’t bolt.

Keepin' it real
04-25-2018, 10:00 PM
This. I don't get why so many people are mad at Kawhi.

WTF??? Kawhi's a grown-ass man. Needs to handle his business.

George Gervin's Afro
04-25-2018, 10:01 PM
Jayson Tatum and a lottery pick will work...

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 10:03 PM
Jayson Tatum and a lottery pick will work...

Add Brown to that and now you're talking.

spurs10
04-25-2018, 10:16 PM
This right here. He would have been a #3 at best with Indiana. This is Durant level bitchmade here. Possibly worst. I can't believe I am saying this. Yeah, this is worst than Durant. Man that is low!

spurs10
04-25-2018, 10:19 PM
If he pulls that after signing, fine, SA has a TON of leverage in a trade because now Kawhi is locked into a long-term deal and a team will give up a ton since they know he can’t bolt. True no one is going to want to rent him for a year any more than we are.

Spur|n|Austin
04-25-2018, 10:20 PM
This ongoing saga is such a trip, it's almost like each story contradicts the previous release.

What I still don't understand is when posters/writers say "if he walks next season", what choice does he have there considering he's under contract for another year?

Barfunk
04-25-2018, 10:20 PM

Barfunk
04-25-2018, 10:21 PM
Man that is low!

Hey, at least Durant completed the duties of his contract and waited till the postseason to go where he wanted. Kawhi went in fucking hiding and robbed the Spurs of millions. The dude should be sued flat out. You don't show up to any job on planet earth, you get fired.

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 10:27 PM
The Spurs owners are not going to want to offer the supermax extension. A lot would have to happen for them to offer that extension.

Isitjustme?
04-25-2018, 10:35 PM
His sister is the Iraqi information minister mene nowadays. Can’t wait for her latest damage control post on IG.
Link to her IG?

apalisoc_9
04-25-2018, 10:39 PM
The Spurs owners are not going to want to offer the supermax extension. A lot would have to happen for them to offer that extension.

Trade is going to happen tbh. They wont offer the supermax because of uncle dennis, but they will offer something that kawhi and his group will ultimately turn down.

The spurs have no choice. If they want to get something out of kawhi, they need to trade him.

MoSpur02
04-25-2018, 10:40 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh-cW9WHu9x/?hl=en

A day ago she posted, "Go Spurs Go."

BillMc
04-25-2018, 11:35 PM
:lol

BillMc
04-25-2018, 11:42 PM
This right here. He would have been a #3 at best with Indiana. This is Durant level bitchmade here. Possibly worst. I can't believe I am saying this. Yeah, this is worst than Durant.

Far worse than Durant. At least he actually played his last season in OKC. Kawhi has bailed with 2 years left on the contract (this year just finished and next year)

BillMc
04-25-2018, 11:46 PM
Full on Rosemary's Baby. Kawhi is surrounded by the coven and will soon be birthing Satan's child.

Chinook
04-25-2018, 11:47 PM
Full on Rosemary's Baby. Kawhi is surrounded by the coven and will soon be birthing Satan's child.

Bill going all literary up in here!

BillMc
04-26-2018, 12:08 AM
Bill going all literary up in here!

It's easier than actual bball takes, tbh.:lol

jbspurs
04-26-2018, 12:24 AM
Shielded the organization that pays him? Wow just wow!

William Hung
04-26-2018, 12:40 AM
*confirmed with inside source

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbrhEMsW0AAlXP_.jpg

Slippy
04-26-2018, 02:52 AM
Shielded the organization that pays him? Wow just wow!

Yap, quite sad really.. this confirms the not responding to spurs for weeks article from last week was all true.

Spurs get more info from his sister.

tholdren
04-26-2018, 06:16 AM
Yap, quite sad really.. this confirms the not responding to spurs for weeks article from last week was all true.

Not a max playa

DeRozan m8
04-26-2018, 06:16 AM
This whole situation is a fucking circus....I can't believe how quickly this all went south.

His Uncle is cancer, aids and polio in one...jesus christ.

And Kawhi is just a dumb **** for letting all this happen....Top 3 player in the world getting handled like a bitch

Brazil
04-26-2018, 07:16 AM
The Shield

YGWHI
04-26-2018, 07:19 AM
Which explains the "you'll have to ask Kawhi and his group" answer Pop gave.

Kawhi has said he talked with Pop every day...Some teammates said he's in contact...He traveled to NYC with Spurs personnel everytime...

Pop knew everything what happened with Kawhi.

I guess his comment was just frustration for the injury, Kawhi's lack of trust in SAS doctors, his own situation with his wife's illness, and the media asking him -and questioning the Spurs- like never they did it before.

MoSpur02
04-26-2018, 07:30 AM
Kawhi has said he talked with Pop every day...Some teammates said he's in contact...He traveled to NYC with Spurs personnel everytime...

Pop knew everything what happened with Kawhi.

I guess his comment was just frustration for the injury, Kawhi's lack of trust in SAS doctors, his own situation with his wife's illness, and the media asking him -and questioning the Spurs- like never they did it before.

Accept the fact that things are not good right now with Kawhi and the Spurs. They can get better, but it's not looking good, but quit denying that things are good. We all know you're a Kawhi Leonard fan. It's cool. Just know where there is smoke, there's fire.

tbdog
04-26-2018, 07:36 AM
No doubt there's frustration on Spurs behalf, but the blame lays in Leonard's camp. They have handled this terribly. Not just in a competitive stand point, but now they are looking at possibly losing millions if Spurs don't offer the max. Not a good business decision. Even if he only played those 9 games but was with the team, supporting, cheering, the super max would have been offered.

YGWHI
04-26-2018, 07:36 AM
Accept the fact that things are not good right now with Kawhi and the Spurs. They can get better, but it's not looking good, but quit denying that things are good. We all know you're a Kawhi Leonard fan. It's cool. Just know where there is smoke, there's fire.

I never said "things are good"...The fact that Kawhi wanted a 2nd opinion and worked with NYC doctors shows that something happened.

But I won't believe in media reports saying Kawhi doesn't talk with RC/Pop when he already said the opposite. And he traveled with Spurs personnel too.

I've said before that media love drama, they need to generate news every day... "tense meeting"? "he'll return in Pels game"? "Kawhi doesn't talk with PATFO"?...NBA media guys lied before, lie now and will lie again.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-26-2018, 07:37 AM

Let's not forget how it was the liberal Democrats who fought to keep slavery.

YGWHI
04-26-2018, 07:39 AM
No doubt there's frustration on Spurs behalf, but the blame lays in Leonard's camp. They have handled this terribly. Not just in a competitive stand point, but now they are looking at possibly losing millions if Spurs don't offer the max. Not a good business decision. Even if he only played those 9 games but was with the team, supporting, cheering, the super max would have been offered.
No. I doubt the Spurs will offer a super-max contrat to a player in next seasons.

They have lost money in last season, they have to face the divorce of majority owners while they know that Pop could retire in one-two years.

MoSpur02
04-26-2018, 07:44 AM
No. I doubt the Spurs will offer a super-max contrat to a player in next seasons.

They have lost money in last season, they have to face the divorce of majority owners while they know that Pop could retire in one-two years.

You're talking about the media lying, but you're doing the exact same thing.

SuperCam
04-26-2018, 08:08 AM
who is shielding his ass while being wiped though?

K...
04-26-2018, 08:14 AM
LMAO Spurs doctors " you're at 80% healthy, come play"

*No I'm at 60% I need therapy"

"You're at 60% healthy so here's the lower extension"

"Fuck y'all, I'm healthy, give my my money"

YGWHI
04-26-2018, 08:16 AM
You're talking about the media lying, but you're doing the exact same thing.
About Holt's divorce? Again, it's a factor. We already know what happened with other franchises after owners divorce. About Pop? He's 70 years old, I doubt you think he'll continue coaching in next 5 years.

paperboy77
04-26-2018, 08:22 AM

serious shit right there

Fireball
04-26-2018, 08:24 AM
What I still don't understand is when posters/writers say "if he walks next season", what choice does he have there considering he's under contract for another year? they wanted to say "if he is able to walk next season" ... serious question if he cannot wipe his ass yet

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2018, 08:36 AM

Absolutel....being paid $20 million a year to play basketball and be a celebrity is slavery! How dare a coach ask a player to be accountable under such harsh conditions.

:pctoss

jbspurs
04-26-2018, 09:36 AM

Very unprofessional of him and his group. How can someone with a right mind to that to organization that pays you? NBA should step in and suspend this guy for a year or 2 with no pay. Do it after the trade, Silver! I am pretty sure, LA and Kawhi's group already have a agreement that the league doesn't know about...

rjv
04-26-2018, 09:42 AM
well if these sources keep throwing enough sh*t out there some of it is going to be right. we just don't know what was and what wasn't. but we'll have to endure the daily dose of ST ranting until the time we actually here something official from someone official.

jbspurs
04-26-2018, 09:42 AM
I wonder if Kawhi even attended Pop wife's funeral or his group shielded him from going as well..

duncan2k5
04-26-2018, 09:44 AM
I wonder if Kawhi even attended Pop wife's funeral or his group shielded him from going as well..

Did anyone attend? We have no idea... It's all speculation

rjv
04-26-2018, 09:51 AM
it would not have surprised me if there were just a handful of people outside of family at her funeral. the question isn't whether Kawhi attended as much as it is whether or not he reached out to Pop and no one is ever going to know the answer to that.

jbspurs
04-26-2018, 10:03 AM
it would not have surprised me if there were just a handful of people outside of family at her funeral. the question isn't whether Kawhi attended as much as it is whether or not he reached out to Pop and no one is ever going to know the answer to that.

We just have to wait and see... It's so frustrating this is happening to Spurs and their #1 franchise player.

hater
04-26-2018, 10:10 AM
Kawhi is gone

:lmao delusional fans still wanting to resign him

He could walk in your house and pork your wife and you idiots would still be like “we can still sign him he hasnt said no yet”

:lmao

spursistan
04-26-2018, 10:22 AM
Kawhi is gone

He could walk in your house and pork your wife and you idiots would still be like “we can still sign him he hasnt said no yet”

:lol

MultiTroll
04-26-2018, 10:24 AM
Yahoo Gossip provides zero information on how
“his group” shielded him from attempts from San Antonio to reach out.

Russ
04-26-2018, 10:36 AM
Kawhi Leonard's "List of Demands" . . . ? :wow

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/report-claims-kawhi-leonard-wants-popovich-to-tweak-some-things

Report: Kawhi Leonard has a list of demands for the Spurs
by Jeff Garcia, Spurs ZoneThursday, April 26th 2018

Twitter: JeffGSpursZone

The San Antonio Spurs' offseason is here which also begins the summer of Kawhi Leonard.

You know the story by now - he has been absent for most of the season, played nine games, in New York rehabbing his right quad, reports of an alleged rift between him and the team and this summer he could be offered the "supermax" deal worth $219 million.

Toss in his sister stating Kawhi has no ill will towards the team and it's enough to make your head spin.

And to add a new wrinkle in this saga, comes from a New York Daily News article penned by Frank Isola where an NBA executive hears Kawhi wants Head Coach Gregg Popovich's approach to team practices altered and "tweak some things."

"Don't you have to sign him," asks one rival executive. "From what I understand, he wants (Gregg) Popovich to lighten up a little with practice and tweak some things. The Spurs may not want to change their ways, but this is Kawhi Leonard we're talking about."

He lives in the gym and his constant work on his craft is well-documented.

Leonard speaks loudest with his work ethic that might make even Ebenezer Scrooge sit up and take notice at Christmastime. The game is full of tales of so-called "gym rats" who don't ever want to leave the court. Still the best of them usually get to a level where they can ease up off the gas pedal. But even in a summer when he signed a new five-year, $95-million contract, Leonard kept relentlessly at his task.

"All I want to do is get better," he said. "I love to play this game. It's all that I ever really wanted to do and now that I'm doing it in the NBA, I want to be as good as possible."

Furthermore, if it is true he sat out most of the season because his quad injury won't allow him to be the best he can be, then a lightened practice won't help him get back to form once his injury heals (unless it is to help with the injured quad) should he and the team agree to any extension.

The Spurs' system works. Popovich's approach to building teams into championship caliber teams has a proven track record. Even in this past 2017-18 season, Popovich took a roster sans Leonard and made it into a playoff team.

Just another day, another entry in this on-going saga.

Thoughts Spurs fans on this executive's comments in the NY Daily News' article? Let me know on Twitter at JeffGSpursZone.

bklynspursfan
04-26-2018, 10:55 AM
Kawhi is gone

Swing and a miss on that analogy

https://media.giphy.com/media/xL7PDV9frcudO/giphy.gif

Play Boban
04-26-2018, 11:02 AM
Kawhitter’s group probably shielded him from the news that she even died. Probably shielded him from the news the Spurs made the playoffs, too. So that’s why he didn’t show up on the bench. :lol

offset formation
04-26-2018, 11:03 AM
Let's not forget how it was the liberal Democrats who fought to keep slavery.

Dixiecrats. Today's Republican party base.

Dont bring that shit up in here. Some of us aren't ignorant fools.

Play Boban
04-26-2018, 11:04 AM
Kawhi is gone

Kawhitter is no alpha like HOTS tbh. He’s not walking in and doing that. :lol

He didn’t even sign that one girl’s autograph, much less pork her.

offset formation
04-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Did anyone attend? We have no idea... It's all speculation

True. But would you agree that if he didn't and was invited or asked to come or told he was welcome, and didn't go, that he's a first class prick?
Wasn't there talk of Pop being like a father figure to Kawhi since he lost his dad before he went to college? I'm sure Erin was as doting on him as she was on Tony.

weeks
04-26-2018, 11:21 AM

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/report-claims-kawhi-leonard-wants-popovich-to-tweak-some-things

Twitter: Jeff (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1013)GSpursZone

The San Antonio Spurs' offseason is here which also begins the summer of Kawhi Leonard.

You know the story by now - he has been absent for most of the season, played nine games, in New York rehabbing his right quad, reports of an alleged rift between him and the team and this summer he could be offered the "supermax" deal worth $219 million.

Toss in his sister stating Kawhi has no ill will towards the team and it's enough to make your head spin.

And to add a new wrinkle in this saga, comes from a New York Daily News article penned by Frank Isola where an NBA executive hears Kawhi wants Head Coach Gregg Popovich's approach to team practices altered and "tweak some things."

Furthermore, if it is true he sat out most of the season because his quad injury won't allow him to be the best he can be, then a lightened practice won't help him get back to form once his injury heals (unless it is to help with the injured quad) should he and the team agree to any extension.

The Spurs' system works. Popovich's approach to building teams into championship caliber teams has a proven track record. Even in this past 2017-18 season, Popovich took a roster sans Leonard and made it into a playoff team.

Thoughts Spurs fans on this executive's comments in the NY Daily News' article? Let me know on Twitter at Jeff (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1013)GSpursZone.

is this for real? it deserves it's own thread if so :wow

tenbeersbold
04-26-2018, 11:22 AM
A SA local should throw his cornrow ass in the Riverwalk canal bet superhuman cant swim lol
Dudes been dead to me since they/his camp tarnished Timmy's name at the beginning of all this

WTF,TD who is the reason for everything Spurs related
He's a crappy ISO player anyway who needs too many touches ie LMA
Can only have so many of those guys on the team

Need to bring back the Beautiful Game era with more versatile players and ball movement

bklynspursfan
04-26-2018, 11:23 AM

Twitter: Jeff (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1013)GSpursZone

Thoughts Spurs fans on this executive's comments in the NY Daily News' article? Let me know on Twitter at Jeff (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1013)GSpursZone.

989516018090377216https:twitter.com/ByJohnDiaz/status/989516018090377[/t

Atl Spur
04-26-2018, 11:28 AM
I’ll wait till I hear from Kawhi.

RD2191
04-26-2018, 11:31 AM

Twitter: JeffGSpursZone

Thoughts Spurs fans on this executive's comments in the NY Daily News' article? Let me know on Twitter at JeffGSpursZone.

Yeah, sure. :lol

MoSpur02
04-26-2018, 11:34 AM
That NY Daily News article is dumb. I seriously doubt he wants Pop to lighten up during practice. If anything I would think the "gym rat" would want more intense practices like Kobe liked.

rjv
04-26-2018, 11:38 AM
Yeah, sure. :lol

.... and this was shared locally from the local sinclair news outlet (WOAI) which just recently declared their devotion to only the facts.

TheGreatYacht
04-26-2018, 11:45 AM
Frank Isola :lol

That butt chin having faggot has been hating on Kawhi every game, and now we're supposed to buy his shit....

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 12:27 PM
I asked this earlier, what will it take for Silver to step in. Not sure how much more ammo he needs. If this happened to the Lakers, Celtics, Dubs, Knicks or other large market team there would be hell to pay in Kawhi's camp

Exactly. Which is so funny how the media pretty much too Kawhi side in all of this..,total bs and they just want him to the Lakers or bigger market so bad they’d do anything to assist getting him there.

The media wrongly views the Spurs like the Patriots as a cut throat business mindset...Like the Spurs forced Kawhi to play etc etc....yet that’s the total opposite tbh. They’re probably the most family environment ran organization in all of sports.

wildbill2u
04-26-2018, 12:30 PM
Wish we could afford to pay him the max and then sit his ass on the bench for the rest of his career.

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Dixiecrats. Today's Republican party base.

Dont bring that shit up in here. Some of us aren't ignorant fools.

Lmao you’re wrong bruh

https://youtu.be/IJCVVbDlYhQ

duncan2k5
04-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Kawhi is gone

Like what happened with Parker?

offset formation
04-26-2018, 12:39 PM
Lmao you’re wrong bruh

I stopped watching at Dinesh.

duncan2k5
04-26-2018, 12:40 PM
If u guys got over a teammate fucking another well-liked teammate's wife, you will get over the media driven Kawhi circus... Because at the end of the day, literally every negative report from the media has either been proven false, or proven to be speculation

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 12:45 PM
I stopped watching at Dinesh.

Oh ok. So yeah get your facts straight

baseline bum
04-26-2018, 12:45 PM
Lmao you’re wrong bruh

LOL Party of Lincoln
LOL felon

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 12:48 PM
LOL Party of Lincoln
LOL felon

Point out what he said that was wrong?

dabom
04-26-2018, 01:04 PM
Forget parties. It's always been north vs south. If you align yourselve with south ideas, your a fucking moron. :lol

baseline bum
04-26-2018, 01:05 PM
Point out what he said that was wrong?

The part where he said racist dixiecrat voters didn't switch over to the republicans from Nixon on.

dabom
04-26-2018, 01:06 PM
When your Party Elects the most racist candidate, that tells you all you need to know about the base. :lmao

Some fucking Indian that doesn't know better. :lmao

offset formation
04-26-2018, 01:09 PM
Oh ok. So yeah get your facts straight

Look, I tend to like your basketball takes so I'll just leave it at that. Let me also just tell you that I won't donate one minute more of my life to watching that guy.

I can also tell you that there are entire books written on the historical fact of the transition of the Dixiecrats into today's alt-right, Republican party base.

baseline bum
04-26-2018, 01:11 PM
When your Party Elects the most racist candidate, that tells you all you need to know about the base. :lmao

Some fucking Indian that doesn't know better. :lmao

LOL the American right now embracing the racist Democrats of the 1800s. LOL the most racist states in the nation turning GOP virtually overnight because white racism was over. LOL it's the Democrats trying to glorify the Southern rebels.

baseline bum
04-26-2018, 01:13 PM
Forget parties. It's always been north vs south. If you align yourselve with south ideas, your a fucking moron. :lol

:cry Racism is dead in the slave states :cry

baseline bum
04-26-2018, 01:14 PM
LOL the party that says the American Nazis had some very fine people marching in Charlottesville aren't the racist party.

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=offset formation;9372053]Look, I tend to like your basketball takes so I'll just leave it at that. Let me also just tell you that I won't donate one minute more of my life to watching that guy.

I can also tell you that there are entire books written on the historical fact of the transition of the Dixiecrats into today's alt-right, Republican party base.[/QUOTE

Fair enough. Just be open minded..

dabom
04-26-2018, 01:16 PM
LOL the American right now embracing the racist Democrats of the 1800s. LOL the most racist states in the nation turning GOP virtually overnight because white racism was over. LOL it's the Democrats trying to glorify the Southern rebels.

The Indian is trying to show something but fails to explain the current racists as Republicans. They know who they are supporting. All these racist on the webs vote Republican. Dems are not the bad guys here. :lol

cd98
04-26-2018, 01:17 PM
If u guys got over a teammate fucking another well-liked teammate's wife, you will get over the media driven Kawhi circus... Because at the end of the day, literally every negative report from the media has either been proven false, or proven to be speculation

Where there is smoke, there is some fire. I'm sure there are issues there. But I'm also sure that the media, which makes money on hyping stories, are taking stories by third persons not in the know and reporting them as if they are well sourced.

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 01:19 PM
The Indian is trying to show something but fails to explain the current racists as Republicans. They know who they are supporting. All these racist on the webs vote Republican. Dems are not the bad guys here. :lol

All inner cities are ran by Democrats...funny how those cities haven’t improved since the 50-60’s...

As long as they get their vote they don’t care

cd98
04-26-2018, 01:19 PM
LOL the party that says the American Nazis had some very fine people marching in Charlottesville aren't the racist party.

That element exists in the far right Republican party, not doubt. But liberals don't have clean hands. I'm a professional that works with a lot of white, liberal Democrats, and they stuff they say about African Americans and Latinos in the backrooms are more racist than anything I've heard from Trump's mouth (albeit he probably says worse in private).

dabom
04-26-2018, 01:21 PM
All inner cities are ran by Democrats...funny how those cities haven’t improved since the 50-60’s...

Most of the states that are hurting are red states you dumb fuck.:lol

daslicer
04-26-2018, 01:21 PM

You can say the same about rural areas run by republicans. They are still shit holes and have actually gotten worse over time.

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 01:27 PM
Most of the states that are hurting are red states you dumb fuck.:lol

Oh really show me the statistics compared to crime rate, poverty

Baltimore, Chicago, DC, etc

dabom
04-26-2018, 01:27 PM
A couple wars, max tax cuts, tons of deregulations, fucking up the housing market, wall street running loose, banks too big to fail and we get in a fucking Depression and the repugs piss their pants because Obama didn't fix up that shit hole quick enough. And now we got another fuck up in office. Repugs. :lmao

dabom
04-26-2018, 01:28 PM
Oh really show me the statistics compared to crime rate, poverty

Baltimore, Chicago, DC, etc

Crime and murder has historically been going down for a long time. You ate all the bullshit up. :lmao

baseline bum
04-26-2018, 01:31 PM
That element exists in the far right Republican party, not doubt. But liberals don't have clean hands. I'm a professional that works with a lot of white, liberal Democrats, and they stuff they say about African Americans and Latinos in the backrooms are more racist than anything I've heard from Trump's mouth (albeit he probably says worse in private).

I don't think you can claim any more that it's just some vocal extremist minority when the leader of the GOP ran on a campaign of Obama's birth certificate being a forgery and Mexicans being rapists. He completely dominated his party's primaries with that racist campaign.

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 01:33 PM
Crime and murder has historically been going down for a long time. You ate all the bullshit up. :lmao

Compared to what??

I mean what other cities have more crime? That are ran and governed by the other party?

dabom
04-26-2018, 01:34 PM
Compared to what??

I mean what other cities have more crime? That are ran and governed by the other party?

In the US you dumb fuck. :lmao

dabom
04-26-2018, 01:36 PM
Using outliers like a couple cities out of the 100s out there where it's fine. :lmao

dabom
04-26-2018, 01:37 PM
If you got 100 Democrat cities with declining murder and crime but got 3 or 4 cities doing bad, that's still a fucking A. :lmao

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 01:37 PM
In the US you dumb fuck. :lmao

Name the cities bruh..why you so mad?

dabom
04-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Name the cities bruh

I ain't here to teach someone who is obviously a dumb fuck. Trump salutes you by the way. :lol

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 01:43 PM
I ain't here to teach someone who is obviously a dumb fuck. Trump salutes you by the way. :lol

Oh the welcher has the audacity to call others a dumb fuck lol

dabom
04-26-2018, 01:48 PM
Oh the welcher has the audacity to call others a dumb fuck lol

It was obvious when you used a youtube video because people are doing the thinking for you. :lol

It shows you don't have the capacity to formulate an idea.

gospursgojas
04-26-2018, 01:53 PM
Lol at people falling in line. Dems/repugs, Red/blue.

Keepin' it real
04-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Basketball, anyone?

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 01:56 PM
It was obvious when you used a youtube video because people are doing the thinking for you. :lol

It shows you don't have the capacity to formulate an idea.

More like I used they video to specify the side of an argument..it correlated directly to what was being discussed. I formulated the idea of listing the cities with highest crime rates by whom they’re governed by..

But oddly enough you refused to go down that road

dabom
04-26-2018, 02:02 PM
More like I used they video to specify the side of an argument..it correlated directly to what was being discussed. I formulated the idea of listing the cities with highest crime rates by whom they’re governed by..

But oddly enough you refused to go down that road

And I told you most of the cities are fine. A couple cities out of hundreds is fucking great tbh. Did you forget that part faggot? :lmao

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 02:05 PM
And I told you most of the cities are fine. A couple cities out of hundreds is fucking great tbh. Did you forget that part faggot? :lmao

I’m just asking you to back up your opinion with facts...

dabom
04-26-2018, 02:08 PM
I’m just asking you to back up your opinion with facts...

Its facts you dumb fuck. The fact that you don't already know that says more about you tbh. :lol

cd98
04-26-2018, 02:19 PM
I don't think you can claim any more that it's just some vocal extremist minority when the leader of the GOP ran on a campaign of Obama's birth certificate being a forgery and Mexicans being rapists. He completely dominated his party's primaries with that racist campaign.

I don't see Trump as the head of any political movement. He's a one and done. He's a cult of personality. At least I hope. I don't think he got elected because of Obama's birth certificate or calling Mexicans rapists or alluding to them as being rapists. It was just a scenario where Dems nominated someone everyone hated and enough people gave him a pass because they hated Hillary and people expected him to say controversial stuff, so they were inoculated by it (similar to Biden and some of the crazy stuff he says).

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 02:21 PM
https://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlj45jggj/1-

Mayors

Detroit- Mike Dugan (D)
St Louis- Luda Krewson (D)
Oakland- Libby Schaff (D)
Memphis- Jim Strickland (D)
Birmingham- Randall Woodfin (D)
Atlanta-Keisha Lance Bottoms (D)

I mean shall I go on??

Facts don’t care about your feelings bruh

MoSpur02
04-26-2018, 02:23 PM
Take this stuff to the political forum

cd98
04-26-2018, 02:24 PM

I'd also tell you to beware. Democrats (leaders and affluent Democrats) are all about their Latino love and racism accusations during election season. But it's all a show for votes. They do relatively nothing to help minorities when they are in power. And like I said earlier, I've been at lunch and in non public forums with professional, white liberals and they will say racist stuff no different and often worse than Trump.

baseline bum
04-26-2018, 02:25 PM
I don't see Trump as the head of any political movement. He's a one and done. He's a cult of personality. At least I hope. I don't think he got elected because of Obama's birth certificate or calling Mexicans rapists or alluding to them as being rapists. It was just a scenario where Dems nominated someone everyone hated and enough people gave him a pass because they hated Hillary and people expected him to say controversial stuff, so they were inoculated by it (similar to Biden and some of the crazy stuff he says).

I was talking about the primaries that he completely dominated, which can't be explained away by Hillary being a piece of shit.

cd98
04-26-2018, 02:25 PM
Take this stuff to the political forum

I'm sure this will all stop once Kawhi speaks up about what is going on. Or, in other words, it will never stop.

cd98
04-26-2018, 02:28 PM
I was talking about the primaries that he completely dominated, which can't be explained away by Hillary being a piece of shit.

It's true that he won in many of the primaries. But I'm telling you it's the cult of personality. The guy is seen as a fighter and not politically correct. Blue collar republicans look up to people like that. Plus he has universal name recognition in a way that qualified candidates do not. The average primary voter probably only knew about 2 or 3 of the people running and Donald's no apologies and take down everyone attitude offered them a contract to Romney, the nice guy that got beat to a pulp because he was too gentlemanly. At least in their eyes. But if you think that the head of the KKK is going to be nominated by the Republicans at that next go around, you are fooling yourself. There is no movement based on race. That's only a liberal talking point to explain how anyone, and I mean anyone, could lose to Trump (and to be honest, it's embarrassing that not a single Republican could mount a challenge against him in the primaries).

offset formation
04-26-2018, 02:32 PM
https://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlj45jggj/1-

Mayors

Detroit- Mike Dugan (D)
St Louis- Luda Krewson (D)
Oakland- Libby Schaff (D)
Memphis- Jim Strickland (D)
Birmingham- Randall Woodfin (D)
Atlanta-Keisha Lance Bottoms (D)

I mean shall I go on??

Facts don’t care about your feelings bruh

4 of the 6 are in red states. 5 of the 6 are in states that went red last election.

State law has a much greater impact on cities than local city ordinances.

Btw, can you name me one great world class Republican city?

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 02:47 PM
4 of the 6 are in red states. 5 of the 6 are in states that went red last election.

State law has a much greater impact on cities than local city ordinances.

Btw, can you name me one great world class Republican city?

Ohhhh I see.

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 02:48 PM
It's true that he won in many of the primaries. But I'm telling you it's the cult of personality. The guy is seen as a fighter and not politically correct. Blue collar republicans look up to people like that. Plus he has universal name recognition in a way that qualified candidates do not. The average primary voter probably only knew about 2 or 3 of the people running and Donald's no apologies and take down everyone attitude offered them a contract to Romney, the nice guy that got beat to a pulp because he was too gentlemanly. At least in their eyes. But if you think that the head of the KKK is going to be nominated by the Republicans at that next go around, you are fooling yourself. There is no movement based on race. That's only a liberal talking point to explain how anyone, and I mean anyone, could lose to Trump (and to be honest, it's embarrassing that not a single Republican could mount a challenge against him in the primaries).

This guy truly gets it...

baseline bum
04-26-2018, 02:48 PM

Not politically correct was the excuse for all of Trump's racism. Trump is the logical conclusion of what we saw from the tea party movement that was furious about a black man getting elected and taking the white man's country away from them.

SAGirl
04-26-2018, 02:57 PM
Ugh politics :vomit:
Bring back the Kiwi drama

coachmac87
04-26-2018, 03:02 PM
Not politically correct was the excuse for all of Trump's racism. Trump is the logical conclusion of what we saw from the tea party movement that was furious about a black man getting elected and taking the white man's country away from them.

https://youtu.be/DZbQtCtxAXM

https://youtu.be/OjNgm7TgsgA

The Great Bill Burr

101A
04-26-2018, 03:14 PM

Wrong. The tea party movement can be traced back to a specific moment. It was in response to the bank bailouts in the bail outs of people got themselves in over their heads with mortgages they couldn’t afford. That is where the tea party came from

baseline bum
04-26-2018, 03:19 PM
Wrong. The tea party movement can be traced back to a specific moment. It was in response to the bank bailouts in the bail outs of people got themselves in over their heads with mortgages they couldn’t afford. That is where the tea party came from

LOL at the tea party movement being about people pissed at Bush and Paulson

cd98
04-26-2018, 04:39 PM

Seriously. You're overestimating Trump. Aside from a speech written by one of his handlers, every word that comes out of Donald Trump's mouth reeks of offense to decorum. He makes fun of handicap people, wives of other candidates, conspiracy theories about Ted Cruz's dad, you name it. You are only seeing things through the lens of a democrat that thinks Trump is just a racist. Look at the body of everything he says. He has no filter on any topic. He is the picture definition of politically incorrect. He says what he wants and doesn't care or apologize if he offends. Do I think that is a great quality for a president? Hell no. But the vast majority of Americans (including Liberal Obama Supporters that loved him for it) voted because of that and not because he implied that Mexicans are rapists, et al. I'm not excusing what he says, I'm just putting it in context of why he got elected.

rjv
04-26-2018, 05:08 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSTF7x3t5rhWZFeJn7VWEnwU7MwJ9rv a7qnjhtmBpj8AJ5CFKqYg

cd021
04-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Tatum, Memphis 2019 pick, Kings, 2019 pick, Morris, and Rozier

for

Kawhi

lets just end this shit show.

cd021
04-26-2018, 05:38 PM
I'd also tell you to beware. Democrats (leaders and affluent Democrats) are all about their Latino love and racism accusations during election season. But it's all a show for votes. They do relatively nothing to help minorities when they are in power. And like I said earlier, I've been at lunch and in non public forums with professional, white liberals and they will say racist stuff no different and often worse than Trump.

I mean, if you ignore history then you are correct.

Never let facts get in the way of a good story tbh.

cd021
04-26-2018, 05:45 PM

I don't buy that, Trump's base apparently loves it when he challenges the legitimacy of the President's birth certificate, ripping on Latino's and Muslims, and claiming that he was going to build a wall that's why they voted for him, I think that's independent of Clinton being a shit candidate. The platform that he ran on appears to be the new direction of the GOP tbh.

weeks
04-26-2018, 05:50 PM
Ugh politics :vomit:
Bring back the Kiwi drama

seriously, i can't even read about spurs drama without this shit infesting my life
why anyone cares about this dog and pony show is beyond me

offset formation
04-26-2018, 07:46 PM

This guy truly gets it.

ElNono
04-26-2018, 08:15 PM

:cry but Ben Carson :cry
:cry I have a black friend :cry

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2018, 08:32 PM
PATFO probably disrespected his uncle & this might have complicated the relationship considering Kawhi is going to side with his family....

gambit1990
04-26-2018, 08:38 PM
the media seems to share the idea that there's friction. even though the spurs and his family members have cast doubt on that.

it's so weird because it'd be so easy for him to just speak for himself.

SAGirl
04-26-2018, 08:45 PM
the media seems to share the idea that there's friction. even though the spurs and his family members have cast doubt on that.

it's so weird because it'd be so easy for him to just speak for himself.
Actions speak louder than words. He could have dispelled the whole thing by sitting in 5 games in the playoffs... Heck just the 2 home games...

gambit1990
04-26-2018, 08:53 PM
what other high profile athlete in a major sport has been out so long in season and said so little?

can't think of another time someone got a second a opinion and dealt with that doctor over the team doctor for such an extended period of time.

can the rehab/treatment, whatever... can it only be done in new york? i mean guess cause the doctor's there...

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2018, 08:54 PM
Actions speak louder than words. He could have dispelled the whole thing by sitting in 5 games in the playoffs... Heck just the 2 home games...

Exactly, people who think there’s a ton of friction between Kawhi and front office are absolutely blind. This is very very scary territory.

I’m not even totally convinced Kawhi will show up to the exit interview, or if he does he will be bringing his stupid handlers with him.

YGWHI
04-26-2018, 09:03 PM
can the rehab/treatment, whatever... can it only be done in new york? i mean guess cause the doctor's there...
Could be. For a reason, Hayward was rehabbing in Indiana and wasn't on C's bench.

Unlike Pop, it seems like Stevens approves his player is working with non-team trainers/doctors.

"He's still a long, long, long way away. St. Vincent Sports Performance is where he'll be and who he's working with. We worked with them at Butler. He worked with some of their trainers when he was doing the predraft stuff. There's a lot of familiarity there. He knows them well. One of the doctors he's been consulting within Indy also works with them. There's a lot of familiarity there. It seems like a logical next step for them."

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/2018/04/18/gordon-hayward-rehabbing-indianapolis-and-brad-stevens-has-jokes/527476002/

Many players in the league have his own group of trainers/doctors after suffering an injury...PG13, Conley, Hayward, Cousins...It isn't new.

SAGirl
04-26-2018, 09:14 PM
Could be. For a reason, Hayward was rehabbing in Indiana and wasn't on C's bench.
Hayward is under contract for several more years, doesn't have a mystery injury no one saw happen, and there's no group, medical, business, or otherwise hiding him, shielding him, or answering questions for hjm. He has been open to the media about his recovery too.

YGWHI
04-26-2018, 09:31 PM
Hayward is under contract for several more years, doesn't have a mystery injury no one saw happen, and there's no group, medical, business, or otherwise hiding him, shielding him, or answering questions for hjm. He has been open to the media about his recovery too.

Hayward has always been open to the media about everything…Kawhi’s not that type guy

Hayward is working with non-team trainers/doctors in Indiana, Cousins in Las Vegas...Kawhi has his own group in NYC and suddenly is a tragedy.

It's not your case but some guys here “why he’s not in SA? He has to rehab with SAS doctors…" Well, other franchises don't think that working with outside doctors is a big deal.

MoSpur02
04-26-2018, 09:45 PM
Hayward has always been open to the media about everything…Kawhi’s not that type guy

Hayward is working with non-team trainers/doctors in Indiana, Cousins in Las Vegas...Kawhi has his own group in NYC and suddenly is a tragedy.

Some guys here “but but why he’s not in SA? He has to rehab with SAS doctors…” Well, other franchises don't think that working with outside doctors is a big deal.

It's obvious there is not getting across to you that Kawhi is wrong on how this whole thing has been handled. It's cool that has his own doctors or whatever.

Just be a little more open about this whole thing. It's not like he missed 10, 20, or even 30 games. He missed 73 games and only one time addressed the media, which was a joke.

Ice009
04-26-2018, 09:50 PM

It's not your case but some guys here “why he’s not in SA? He has to rehab with SAS doctors…" Well, other franchises don't think that working with outside doctors is a big deal.

Like MoSpur02 said in the post above, I don't see how you can't acknowledge Kawhi has handled this poorly. Addressing the media once when missing almost the whole season is a joke. That's very poor. When he wasn't going to play in the playoffs, he should have addressed the media before the playoffs began.

YGWHI
04-26-2018, 09:51 PM
It's obvious there is not getting across to you that Kawhi is wrong on how this whole thing has been handled.

I don't see how you can't acknowledge Kawhi has handled this poorly .

I've said before that both sides could have handled it better.

MoSpur02
04-26-2018, 10:05 PM
The Spurs have addressed it just fine. They were honest I'm saying he wasn't ready. We thought Pop was being sarcastic when he referred the media to "his group." When the report came out about the "players only meeting" Tony, Pop, Green, Gay, & Manu I think answered questions regarding that meeting. Yet Kawhi spoke only once.

This guy knows and all those who follow basketball know that Kawhi is the face/franchise of the Spurs whether he likes it or not. When you are the face of the franchise/leader of a team you address the media and provide some kind of feedback to your fans. You don't hide behind your "group."

YGWHI
04-26-2018, 10:11 PM
The Spurs have addressed it just fine. They were honest I'm saying he wasn't ready. We thought Pop was being sarcastic when he referred the media to "his group." When the report came out about the "players only meeting" Tony, Pop, Green, Gay, & Manu I think answered questions regarding that meeting. Yet Kawhi spoke only once.

I've said that communication issues aren't just about one side. You think the opposite...Agree in disagree.

offset formation
04-26-2018, 10:18 PM
I've said before that both sides could have handled it better.

Bothsidesism. A cancer upon America.

YGWHI
04-26-2018, 10:33 PM
Without translating this to politics..It's NBA, in business, there are always both sides negotiating a contract.

Das Texan
04-26-2018, 11:24 PM

If Spurs get pennies on the dollar might as well! Just have him inactive for every fucking game.

Big Dog
04-26-2018, 11:30 PM
You're fucking stupid.
You’re a faggot

You're fucking stupid
You’re a faggot

You are not fucking stupid
You’re a faggot

SuperCam
04-27-2018, 12:52 PM
Kawhi is gone

sad thing is the die hard kiwi stans would encourage it if they thought it would help him re-sign with spur :lol

Seventyniner
04-27-2018, 02:14 PM

Really? Since when do Americans readily admit that they themselves could have done better as well?

dbreiden83080
04-27-2018, 09:47 PM
Granted there are some really stupid owners and general managers out there. But do the words buyer beware mean anything to you?

MoSpur02
04-27-2018, 09:52 PM
The Spurs didn't have him all season basically because of an injury apparently. I wouldn't offer him a super max this summer. I would wait for next summer depending on how he plays next season.

urunobili
04-27-2018, 10:53 PM
Would you guys take Tatum and Rozier if he wants to
Leave?

MoSpur02
04-28-2018, 05:49 AM
Leave?

Yes...if they take back Patty Mills and throw in a pick.

cd021
04-28-2018, 07:38 AM
Leave?

Yes...if they take back Patty Mills and throw in a pick.

Tatum, Rozier, Morris, and the 2019 Memphis and Kings picks for Kawhi

cd021
04-28-2018, 07:40 AM
The Spurs didn't have him all season basically because of an injury apparently. I wouldn't offer him a super max this summer. I would wait for next summer depending on how he plays next season.

If he doesn't requalify for the super max then the financial advantage wouldn't nearly as big to stay with San Antonio for Kawhi

MoSpur02
04-28-2018, 08:03 AM
If he doesn't requalify for the super max then the financial advantage wouldn't nearly as big to stay with San Antonio for Kawhi

True. So he doesn't qualify should the Spurs invest that much? If he's as good as he feels he is and as we k ow he can be then it shouldn't be a problem for him to qualify. If he is hurt again next season then why would you invest so much in him? Lots to think about.

lmbebo
04-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Ugh. Crap you read on the internet. Someone saying Lakers should offer a package around Deng and trash for Kwahi ...

-21-
04-29-2018, 12:45 AM
Leave?
I'd rather have Brown tbh.

Slippy
04-29-2018, 12:55 AM
Ugh. Crap you read on the internet. Someone saying Lakers should offer a package around Deng and trash for Kwahi ...

Any trade with the lakers is trash. The only one's thinking they are not is laker fans & la reporters but they also think the spurs have no leverage

tholdren
04-29-2018, 10:50 AM
Kl mom has hair on her toes

exstatic
04-30-2018, 07:03 AM

Or, trade him, depriving him of the SuperMax, get SOMETHING in return, and that $19M ends up costing him $16M.

SpursDynasty85
04-30-2018, 08:07 AM
Or, trade him, depriving him of the SuperMax, get SOMETHING in return, and that $19M ends up costing him $16M.

I've seen lots of trade scenarios including ones saying he only wants to go to LA. What can we get for Kawhi if he doesn't sign an extension first? Basically a one and done and coming off a weird injury like this?

DPG21920
04-30-2018, 09:40 AM
Look at this. You have the head of the players union basically defending Kawhi:

lmbebo
04-30-2018, 09:55 AM

Its what she's paid to do. She's not an unbiased person.

The whole villan thing. its one thing if its the organization vs Kwahi. But its the players as well. Its a very skewed and biased article making a lot of assumptions. Horrible piece. ESPN has written better pieces about the Kwahi situation.

MoSpur02
04-30-2018, 10:19 AM
Comparing Parker's situation to Kawhi's is dumb. Parker's injury was worse. On top that he's much older and has played a lot more games than Kawhi. It's apples to oranges. Of course Parker isn't going to look as good as he once was in his career.

SAGirl
04-30-2018, 10:42 AM

She only tweeted an article by someone else that’s quite one sided and disgusting... which was written with the express intent of “defending” him.

SAGirl
04-30-2018, 10:45 AM
Comparing Parker's situation to Kawhi's is dumb. Parker's injury was worse. On top that he's much older and has played a lot more games than Kawhi. It's apples to oranges. Of course Parker isn't going to look as good as he once was in his career.
There’s also a point about Tony being cleared, that is not correctly addressed in that piece: that he’s playing as good as he’s going to play at this point. Why hold him out for “medical” reasons when further rehab isn’t going to do him any better? He either plays as he is or he needs to retire bc he’s done. Considering his mileage, age, and recent seasons he was headed for retirement or washed up territory anyways.

DeadlyDynasty
04-30-2018, 11:12 AM
Kawhi's uncle is Dr. Landy

daslicer
04-30-2018, 12:27 PM

Article was written by a black guy who is allegedly awoke. Not shocked he was going to be pro-Kawhi since all these black journalists are racially biased towards Kawhi. The article shows how pathetically biased he was towards defending Kawhi. He hammers the Spurs for rushing Tony Parker back from injury which is laughable because he claims that Parker was worse after his injury. I wanted to say no shit of course Parker was going to be worse after his injury due to his old age. He also pretends Kawhi was telling his teammates about the progress of his injury and that they they didn't have to ask him for updates.

cd021
04-30-2018, 12:43 PM
Article was written by a black guy who is allegedly awoke. Not shocked he was going to be pro-Kawhi since all these black journalists are racially biased towards Kawhi. The article shows how pathetically biased he was towards defending Kawhi. He hammers the Spurs for rushing Tony Parker back from injury which is laughable because he claims that Parker was worse after his injury. I wanted to say no shit of course Parker was going to be worse after his injury due to his old age. He also pretends Kawhi was telling his teammates about the progress of his injury and that they they didn't have to ask him for updates.

Cool story bro.

The article does happen to make weak points, however.

DPG21920
04-30-2018, 12:45 PM

Quit being a dummy.

daslicer
04-30-2018, 12:47 PM
Quit being a dummy.

:lol Quit being offended. What did I say that was not true about article?

DPG21920
04-30-2018, 12:48 PM
:lol Quit being offended. What did I say that was not true about article?

I’m not getting into with you. Be better.

daslicer
04-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Cool story bro.

The article does happen to make weak points, however.

I feel at heart everybody tends to be racially biased towards their own race when it comes to favoritism. I just call a spade for a spade. I call out racial bias when I see it in all races. Just like I call out the white trash that supports Trump due to them simply being racist.

In this clip down below you have a white journalist in Billy Bush defending a white swimmer in Lochte who lied to the public about a scandal he got involved with during the Olympics. I felt at that time it was bs and Bush was covering for Lochte simply because Lochte was white. I view Kawhi situation similar to the Lochte situation in the sense where you have a bunch of black analysts and journalists playing the Bush role and defending Kawhi no matter what simply due to race. I just don't respect that and will continue to call out bs.

oHfbo7AwASI

cd021
04-30-2018, 04:29 PM
I feel at heart everybody tends to be racially biased towards their own race when it comes to favoritism. I just call a spade for a spade. I call out racial bias when I see it in all races. Just like I call out the white trash that supports Trump due to them simply being racist.

In this clip down below you have a white journalist in Billy Bush defending a white swimmer in Lochte who lied to the public about a scandal he got involved with during the Olympics. I felt at that time it was bs and Bush was covering for Lochte simply because Lochte was white. I view Kawhi situation similar to the Lochte situation in the sense where you have a bunch of black analysts and journalists playing the Bush role and defending Kawhi no matter what simply due to race. I just don't respect that and will continue to call out bs.

oHfbo7AwASI

Roker was right to bash Lochte tbh so I don't get why you used that example. You took something that had no racial aspects and randomly added some with your silly comment, nevermind the fact that most of the people I saw on basketball Twitter roasting Kawhi happened to be black...

daslicer
04-30-2018, 05:48 PM
Roker was right to bash Lochte tbh so I don't get why you used that example. You took something that had no racial aspects and randomly added some with your silly comment, nevermind the fact that most of the people I saw on basketball Twitter roasting Kawhi happened to be black...

:lol Reading comprehension my man like the old saying goes reading is fundamental. Did I say Roker was in the wrong to bash Lochte? I actually agreed with Roker and called out Bush in my previous post for being racially biased. I posted the video to illustrate to you how people can be racially biased and also to show you I call a spade for a spade when it comes to this stuff. It's evident you didn't read all my post and reacted emotionally.

There is a racial aspects involved with these black analysts and journalists attacking the Spurs and defending Kawhi. Jalen Rose made that clear when he tried to subtly accuse Pop of being a racist when he said Pop using the word group was as racially offensive as using the word posse. I have yet to see a black analyst or journalist in the main stream bash Kawhi but they go out of their way to bash the Spurs at every occasion with fabricated bs like the guy who wrote the article I originally commented on. You say most of the people on twitter bashing Kawhi are black well are any of them journalists or sports analysts? Can you post me links to some black journalists or sports analysts who bash Kawhi because its been very one sided from what I have seen.

tholdren
05-01-2018, 06:06 AM
Terrible article

cd021
05-01-2018, 03:34 PM
There is a racial aspects involved with these black analysts and journalists attacking the Spurs and defending Kawhi. Jalen Rose made that clear when he tried to subtly accuse Pop of being a racist when he said Pop using the word group was as racially offensive as using the word posse.

What's your point? Thats one person's opinion and not indicative of bias among black analysts or journalist.

I have yet to see a black analyst or journalist in the main stream bash Kawhi but they go out of their way to bash the Spurs at every occasion with fabricated bs like the guy who wrote the article I originally commented on. You say most of the people on twitter bashing Kawhi are black well are any of them journalists or sports analysts? Can you post me links to some black journalists or sports analysts who bash Kawhi because its been very one sided from what I have seen.

You came up with this ridiculous theory and provided really no evidence to prove your assertion. Yet you want me to counter your assertion that you haven't proven, how does that make any sense?

DaBears
05-02-2018, 10:43 PM
*confirmed with inside source

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbrhEMsW0AAlXP_.jpg

Please I don’t believe this is a quote from Kiwi for 1 minute.. it has more than 3 words in it, cannot be true. Kiwi is from Cali, you see the type of crap Kayne is getting into with African American community and fellow artists. Can you imagine the backlash Kiwi would get, he wouldn’t not be allowed back to in LA. So this is bogus, POP wouldn’t careless who Kiwi voted for as long as he voted.

DaBears
05-02-2018, 10:53 PM
Please I don’t believe this is a quote from Kiwi for 1 minute.. it has more than 3 words in it, cannot be true. Kiwi is from Cali, you see the type of crap Kayne is getting into with African American community and fellow artists. Can you imagine the backlash Kiwi would get, he wouldn’t not be allowed back to in LA. So this is bogus, POP wouldn’t careless who Kiwi voted for as long as he voted.

If you believe this quote, well then I have some beachfront properties in Montana id like to sell you.