PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Lebron just (maybe) goaltended the would-be winning basket in pivotal Game 5

Spurtacular
04-25-2018, 08:46 PM
Seen the refs review these calls this season to screw over the Spurs after replays. Now with 3 seconds left in the pivotal Game 5, no review. Commissioner David Jewer not bothered. Keep that Lebron money coming in.

Spurtacular
04-25-2018, 08:48 PM
Also :lol at the refs speeding up the timeout to not give the Pacers time to set up their defensive strategy. That has to be the quickest I've ever seen an NBA game come back from commercial. TNT was definitely caught off guard.

Joseph Kony
04-25-2018, 08:49 PM
but they incorrectly called it out on James on the previous possession when turner poked it and it clearly hit the line on the replay. evened out in the end, especially since he hit the 3 for the win so the made layup didnt matter tbh

Spurtacular
04-25-2018, 08:51 PM
but they incorrectly called it out on James on the previous possession when turner poked it and it clearly hit the line on the replay. evened out in the end, especially since he hit the 3 for the win so the made layup didnt matter tbh

It went off Lebron, dude. Even crybaby didn't argue it. He knew he wasn't winning that replay. :lol at your hackery.

Fabbs
I'd be all for seeing a zoom in shot to establish for a fact if it was block or goaltend.
Hard to see from the angles shown.

Bynumite
LeBum gets away with bullshit more than any other star i've ever seen. It's travels, offensive fouls, goaltends but still has the nerve to whine about not getting enough FTs :lol

NBA really want to see him get swept by the dubs that badly?

testies
Lol its entertainment league. Get over it

Spurtacular
04-25-2018, 08:52 PM

It did matter because they could've overplayed the three point line and went soft on a two that only went to overtime. Again :lol at the hackery.

Joseph Kony
It went off Lebron, dude. Even crybaby didn't argue it. He knew he wasn't winning that replay. :lol at your hackery.

are you fucking retarded? :lol slow mo clearly shows the ball touch the line you dipshit. Pacers didnt argue the goaltend either, so whats your point?

testies
All these refs are from vegas, have connections with bookeys

they all have gelled hair and look sleezy

Arcadian
04-25-2018, 08:54 PM
The commentator said it looked like goaltending. Seems like something that should be reviewed.

Still a great play by Lebron on both ends.

Spurtacular
04-25-2018, 08:56 PM
are you fucking retarded? :lol slow mo clearly shows the ball touch the line you dipshit. Pacers didnt argue the goaltend either, so whats your point?

You don't know that; but when you have three refs it shouldn't come down to incompetence, tbh. If there was any doubt they should've went to the replay. We all know why that didn't happen. Lebron gets a handicap. Come to terms.

Spurtacular
04-25-2018, 08:59 PM
The commentator said it looked like goaltending. Seems like something that should be reviewed.

Definitely. McMillan not smart enough to get you don't drive against Lebron at the end of the game. He may be over-rated defender overall, but as a chase-down blocker he is the best in the game.

JoeTait75
04-25-2018, 09:11 PM
You don't know that; but when you have three refs it shouldn't come down to incompetence, tbh. If there was any doubt they should've went to the replay. We all know why that didn't happen. Lebron gets a handicap. Come to terms.

They should've reviewed it, you're right. FWIW it didn't look like goaltending to me, at least not live. I haven't seen the replay yet.

Superstardom comes with privileges. I will say that over the course of a game LeBron takes a good amount of contact that doesn't get called.

Clipper Nation
04-25-2018, 09:11 PM

Stop crying, haters.

Spurtacular
04-25-2018, 09:13 PM

Stop crying, haters.

Cavs and Cavrefs didn't think it went off Pacers or it would've been reviewed, obviously.

Clipper Nation
04-25-2018, 09:16 PM
Cavs and Cavrefs didn't think it went off Pacers or it would've been reviewed, obviously.
:lol "Cavrefs" don't exist. The refs only support the Warriors and Rockets.

Killakobe81
04-25-2018, 09:16 PM

absolutely was beat off dribnle but great recovery and great lift on the block and the gamewinner

JoeTait75
04-25-2018, 09:18 PM

Stop crying, haters.

I'd forgotten that wasn't reviewed either. :lol

Spurtacular
04-25-2018, 09:21 PM
:lol "Cavrefs" don't exist. The refs only support the Warriors and Rockets.

Lebronrefs to be more accurate. Nobody cares about Cleveland otherwise.

Clipper Nation
04-25-2018, 09:24 PM
Lebronrefs to be more accurate. Nobody cares about Cleveland otherwise.
The refs don't support LeBron, either. They're too busy riding Frauden and CP0's piece.

Spurtacular
04-25-2018, 09:27 PM
The refs don't support LeBron, either. They're too busy riding Frauden and CP0's piece.

I assume you don't really believe that. Nothing about your posts has ever made me think you could really be that naive.

Caltex2
04-25-2018, 09:35 PM
I just rewinded the TV and watched it. It's not clearly a goaltend and if I had to guess, it was clearly still going up, though maybe it hit the backboard.

lefty
04-25-2018, 10:50 PM
But if it's below the rim, it's not goaltending right?

Chillen
04-25-2018, 11:11 PM
You would think the Cavs won their 2nd NBA title this evening with the way LeBron reacted after hitting the game winner. It was a great shot but they still have to beat Indiana in Indy to advance.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2018, 11:12 PM
You would think the Cavs won their 2nd NBA title this evening with the way LeBron reacted after hitting the game winner. It was a great shot but they still have to beat Indiana in Indy to advance.

Does anything bother you more than seeing a Black man celebrate his accomplishments?

Avante
04-25-2018, 11:16 PM
I'm thinking OT, get up and go to the bathroom. When I come out........what???

LeBron James what an amazing athlete. And if I'm a ref I'm doing what I can for this stud.

Wilt, Russell, MJ and Lebron, Mount NBA.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2018, 11:17 PM
I'm thinking OT, get up and go to the bathroom. When I come out........what???

LeBron James what an amazing athlete. And if I'm a ref I'm doing what I can for this stud.

Nice to see you in the NBA forum, Avante..

Chillen
04-25-2018, 11:17 PM
Does anything bother you more than seeing a Black man celebrate his accomplishments?

Oh come on, give me a break with the race card nonsense. It didn't bother me but LeBron got really excited like they won a championship and they still have to win 1 more. I actually like LeBron and think he is one of the all-time greatest to ever play the game.

Clipper Nation
04-25-2018, 11:18 PM

God forbid he gets excited about making a game winner in the playoffs. You sound like those salty Ranger fans who still cry about Jose Bautista's bat flip.

Avante
04-25-2018, 11:19 PM
Nice to see you in the NBA forum, Avante..

Thank you sir, appreciate that.

Chillen
04-25-2018, 11:20 PM
God forbid he gets excited about making a game winner in the playoffs. You sound like those salty Ranger fans who still cry about Jose Bautista's bat flip.

Again I am fine with it and enjoyed seeing him happy and excited but they have to win 1 more game. You don't want to give Indiana fuel by watching you celebrate like that.

RsxPiimp
04-25-2018, 11:21 PM
Oh come on, give me a break with the race card nonsense. It didn't bother me but LeBron got really excited like they won a championship and they still have to win 1 more. I actually like LeBron and think he is one of the all-time greatest to ever play the game.

game winning block and a buzzer beater and the dude isn’t allowed to celebrate this victory?

Chillen
04-25-2018, 11:23 PM
game winning block and a buzzer beater and the dude isn’t allowed to celebrate this victory?

I never said he isn't allowed to celebrate the victory, I am saying it's going to give Indiana fuel for game 6 because they watched it and he got so excited like they won a championship. My comments were misunderstood, it's fine if you won the series to celebrate like that but they still have 1 more to win. That just pumps up players blood on Indy's side.

RsxPiimp
04-25-2018, 11:25 PM
I never said he isn't allowed to celebrate the victory, I am saying it's going to give Indiana fuel for game 6 because they watched it and he got so excited like they won a championship.

i get it.

tbh though, this win just gave cleveland a huge monumental swing. pacers are toast.

Chillen
04-25-2018, 11:27 PM
i get it.

tbh though, this win just gave cleveland a huge monumental swing. pacers are toast.

I can see Indiana winning game 6 they will be pumped up to tie the series. All games in this series have been really close. If Cavs win game 6 LeBron's plays were a turning point in the series like you said.

Arcadian
04-26-2018, 01:10 AM

:lol It was way over-the-top. That type of "standing on the table, pounding your chest" celebration should be reserved for championship games only.

Pelicans78
04-26-2018, 05:11 AM
It was goaltending but the play is not reviewable.

Fabbs
04-26-2018, 07:21 AM
?

Goaltending is not reviewable?
Is this another Stern / Stern Jr. rule to continue to allow riggin?

I thought it was a good block but am 100% down with having replay to correct.

Chillen
04-26-2018, 08:01 AM
:lol It was way over-the-top. That type of "standing on the table, pounding your chest" celebration should be reserved for championship games only.

Glad someone here agrees with me! that's exactly what I thought was over the top. I have no problem with him celebrating because he made two fantastic plays a block and the game winning 3 but if Indy wins game 6 it's anyone's series in game 7. They will be thinking of LeBron celebrating like that in a game 7 in Cleveland if it happens. I guess LeBron got caught up in the moment and that's cool but all he did was give the Indy players boiling blood for game 6. Good news for the Cavs they have more experience and the more experienced team usually wins a game 7 and closeout games on the road.

Killakobe81
04-26-2018, 08:54 AM

this which is dumb ...they probably win still ... but makes no sense they cant review unless refs call goaltending in that case, if its that close call goaltending so revirw can confirm ...
but they still probably lose because dumb ass indy didnt use their foul to give and you got to force the ball out of LeBron's hand
i would have even considered doubling him and leaving inbounder undefended

sickdsm
04-26-2018, 10:04 AM
LeBron said goaltending.

Pelicans78
04-26-2018, 02:16 PM
?

Goaltending is not reviewable?
Is this another Stern / Stern Jr. rule to continue to allow riggin?

I thought it was a good block but am 100% down with having replay to correct.

Goaltending is not reviewable unfortunately but it wasn't a good block because the ball hit the backboard before he blocked it.

Pelicans78
04-26-2018, 02:17 PM
this which is dumb ...they probably win still ... but makes no sense they cant review unless refs call goaltending in that case, if its that close call goaltending so revirw can confirm ...
but they still probably lose because dumb ass indy didnt use their foul to give and you got to force the ball out of LeBron's hand
i would have even considered doubling him and leaving inbounder undefended

If the refs called goaltending it can't be reviewed either.

Killakobe81
04-26-2018, 02:30 PM

that wasnt my understanding but the analyst that said it has been wrong before ...

daslicer
04-26-2018, 03:04 PM

He knows he's not getting a second title with the Cavs. Winning the Eastern Conference is his championship. He also knows if he wins the east that he gets a pass for losing the Finals from the media.

E20
04-26-2018, 03:17 PM
lmao @ butt hurt lebron haters. salty ass cucks

daslicer
04-26-2018, 03:39 PM
lmao @ butt hurt lebron haters. salty ass cucks

Come on now calling Lebron haters cucks get out of here. I view Lebron supporters such as Nick Wright and Max Kellerman as the biggest cucks out there.

04-26-2018, 03:50 PM

04-26-2018, 03:54 PM
Goaltending is reviewable.

The loophole is it can only be reviewed if it was originally whistled as such.

In this case it was not.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2018, 04:54 PM
Some of the non-calls on Lebron's drives to the basket surprise me sometimes. I think they should have reviewed the block, but all-in-all I don't see him getting the kind of phantom calls that MJ used to get back in the day. I hated watching the Bulls play because the cash cow was definitely being protected by Stern and the officials.

Compared to that, whatever preferential treatment Lebron gets is pretty minimal.

tenbeersbold
04-26-2018, 06:05 PM
He doesn't get the calls because his drives to the basket mostly consist of putting his head down and using his shoulders to knock people over,dude has no moves or actual skill in getting to the basket

Most boring so called super star ever,just a roided genetic freak,Tony Parker in his prime was a goddamn artist at getting to the rim and finishing, Lebron please...

resistanze
04-26-2018, 06:14 PM

:lol

Clipper Nation
04-26-2018, 06:23 PM
:lol Imagine thinking Porker was more exciting than LeBron.

Jeremy
04-26-2018, 06:47 PM
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/04/26/nba-says-referees-missed-lebron-james-goaltending-call-game-5

NBA says it was goaltending but they also admit that the Pacers should never have been awarded the ball for that possession either.

JoeTait75
04-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Again I am fine with it and enjoyed seeing him happy and excited but they have to win 1 more game. You don't want to give Indiana fuel by watching you celebrate like that.

Indiana is a tough-minded team to begin with, and this is a must-win Game Six. They're going to be motivated no matter what.

Leetonidas
04-26-2018, 07:46 PM
Kony called it tbh

Fabbs
04-26-2018, 09:13 PM
Goaltending is not reviewable unfortunately but it wasn't a good block because the ball hit the backboard before he blocked it.
smh what a joke of a league.

Spurtacular
04-26-2018, 09:20 PM

They've reviewed goaltending call(s) that went against the Spurs in the season, tbh. I'm 95 percent on that.

Leetonidas
04-26-2018, 09:30 PM
I think they can only review the goaltend if they call it on the floor

lefty
04-26-2018, 11:45 PM
But the Pacers shouldn't have had that possession anyway, that out of bounds should have gone Cleveland's way

Ice009
04-27-2018, 10:53 PM

What do you mean it's not really reviewable? Is that a rule?

I fucking hate bad goaltending calls. Spurs got screwed in the 2012 playoffs game 5 against the Thunder. That one play may have cost us the series. Manu was on the ground out of the play after being CLEARLY GOALTENDED and then he had to pick himself up get back into the play late. He fouled Harden trying to scramble back into the play on an And1 3 pointer. That one blown call changed the series. Ibaka also goaltended in 2014 game 6, but the Spurs were not going to give that one up no matter what. Sorry, none of that was aimed at you. I just don't like blown goaltending calls.

I'm glad the Pacers came back and smashed them in game 6, but it was still a play that favours Cleveland for the series since game 7 is in Cleveland. Indiana could have had a chance to close out the series tonight. They could have won game 5. Every play needs to be reviewed at the end of critical games like this.

If goaltending is not reviewable, then the NBA really is a joke. Stern and Silver have left loopholes to allow manipulation, and that is bullshit. Fans and teams need to DEMAND that shit be changed.

04-28-2018, 04:13 PM
What do you mean it's not really reviewable? Is that a rule?

I fucking hate bad goaltending calls. Spurs got screwed in the 2012 playoffs game 5 against the Thunder. That one play may have cost us the series. Manu was on the ground out of the play after being CLEARLY GOALTENDED and then he had to pick himself up get back into the play late. He fouled Harden trying to scramble back into the play on an And1 3 pointer. That one blown call changed the series. Ibaka also goaltended in 2014 game 6, but the Spurs were not going to give that one up no matter what. Sorry, none of that was aimed at you. I just don't like blown goaltending calls.

I'm glad the Pacers came back and smashed them in game 6, but it was still a play that favours Cleveland for the series since game 7 is in Cleveland. Indiana could have had a chance to close out the series tonight. They could have won game 5. Every play needs to be reviewed at the end of critical games like this.

If goaltending is not reviewable, then the NBA really is a joke. Stern and Silver have left loopholes to allow manipulation, and that is bullshit. Fans and teams need to DEMAND that shit be changed.

Goaltending can only be reviewed in the final two minutes if it was originally whistled as such by the officials.

Since there was no goaltending call by the officiating crew on the Oladipo shot, it was not reviewable.

DMC
04-28-2018, 05:02 PM
It will be great if neither Lebron nor Curry are in the Finals this year. It would be cool to see the Jazz vs the Raptors or some stupid shit like that. Low turnout, but better than the groundhog day Finals.