PDA

View Full Version : Infinity War +++ WARNING: Spoilers

Pages : [1] 2

pookenstein
04-26-2018, 03:23 PM
I know, I know. Yet another thread about the movie, but fuck it. It's for the people who have already seen it.
Just came back from the theatre.

Holy. Fucking. Shit!!!

Last warning: from here on out there will be spoilers.

Loved every second of the movie! Funny, great action, very sad moments. Thor was a fucking badass with his axe. Tyrion Lannister, playing a ten feet tall Dwarf :lol. Totally surprised by Red Skull. CGI was awesome, especially Thanos, who btw was also great as a character.

The death list:
Heimdall
Loki
The Collector
Gamora

All get three get killed before shit hits the fan and Thanos completes the set of Infinity Stones. Heimdall I didn't care about. Loki was predictable, as was Gamora as soon as Red Skull anounced that Thanos had to sacrifice the thing he loves. Sad. I really liked her in that tight suit.

Vision --> somewhat predictable after the trailers
Bucky --> so much for taking Cap's shield after Steve dies.
Scarlet Witch --> I will miss her set of Gazongas. The caracter didn't do much for me.
Star Lord --> when people left and right started to turn to dust I knew he was fucked because Gamora died as well.
Drax --> fucking sad. Loved me some Drax.
Mantis --> who cares?
Groot --> See Drax
Black Panther --> it was fun as long as it lasted. Which was presumably as long as Apa lasts inside his aunt.
Falcon --> there will be new sidekicks
Dr. Strange --> after people started dying I knew he was toast because of the ONE reality he said they would win. He knew he had to sacrifice himself.
Spiderman --> what the fuck? Why? Loved him.
Maria Hill --> who cares. Entry death for Nick Fury to take last action
Nick Fury --> Show must go on.

... and half of the Universe.

BTW, that leaves the original Avengers as survivors, which is a nice setup for the next film.

I'm sure they'll find a way to bring some/most of these characters back, just don't know how. My best guess is it will either be Ant Man (+ entourage) through the quantum real, which I think will play a big part in AM&TW, or Captain Marvel, who Feige has said to maybe be the most powerful superhero yet in the MCU.

Again, great movie! But a big fuck you to the assholes @ the cinema for making a break midway through the movie. Cunts.

pookenstein
04-26-2018, 03:25 PM
Also: :lmao DCU! RIP.

DeadlyDynasty
04-26-2018, 04:04 PM
At least we're spared more spin-offs for the characters that died...gotta say this is finally trending in the right direction

lefty20
04-27-2018, 01:38 AM
Just watched :wow

Avante
04-27-2018, 01:56 AM
Didn't read but...

Will check the flick out at 9:55 in the morning. Smuggle in some Hot Tamales (candy) for me and Sugar Babies for Mason. Will buy drinks.

Trainwreck2100
04-27-2018, 02:33 AM
Love that Thanos knew who Tony Stark was, wish they explained why he knew who he was, but I'll just assume it's because he's the one who wrecked the chitaury after New York.

djohn2oo8
04-27-2018, 03:03 AM
My body wasn't ready

Robz4000
04-27-2018, 03:13 AM
It was pretty damn good. Don't think Loki is dead tbh.

djohn2oo8
04-27-2018, 03:25 AM
I know, I know. Yet another thread about the movie, but fuck it. It's for the people who have already seen it.
Just came back from the theatre.

Holy. Fucking. Shit!!!

Last warning: from here on out there will be spoilers.

Loved every second of the movie! Funny, great action, very sad moments. Thor was a fucking badass with his axe. Tyrion Lannister, playing a ten feet tall Dwarf :lol. Totally surprised by Red Skull. CGI was awesome, especially Thanos, who btw was also great as a character.

The death list:
Heimdall
Loki
The Collector
Gamora

All get three get killed before shit hits the fan and Thanos completes the set of Infinity Stones. Heimdall I didn't care about. Loki was predictable, as was Gamora as soon as Red Skull anounced that Thanos had to sacrifice the thing he loves. Sad. I really liked her in that tight suit.

Vision --> somewhat predictable after the trailers
Bucky --> so much for taking Cap's shield after Steve dies.
Scarlet Witch --> I will miss her set of Gazongas. The caracter didn't do much for me.
Star Lord --> when people left and right started to turn to dust I knew he was fucked because Gamora died as well.
Drax --> fucking sad. Loved me some Drax.
Mantis --> who cares?
Groot --> See Drax
Black Panther --> it was fun as long as it lasted. Which was presumably as long as Apa lasts inside his aunt.
Falcon --> there will be new sidekicks
Dr. Strange --> after people started dying I knew he was toast because of the ONE reality he said they would win. He knew he had to sacrifice himself.
Spiderman --> what the fuck? Why? Loved him.
Maria Hill --> who cares. Entry death for Nick Fury to take last action
Nick Fury --> Show must go on.

... and half of the Universe.

BTW, that leaves the original Avengers as survivors, which is a nice setup for the next film.

I'm sure they'll find a way to bring some/most of these characters back, just don't know how. My best guess is it will either be Ant Man (+ entourage) through the quantum real, which I think will play a big part in AM&TW, or Captain Marvel, who Feige has said to maybe be the most powerful superhero yet in the MCU.

Again, great movie! But a big fuck you to the assholes @ the cinema for making a break midway through the movie. Cunts.

Read somewhere that Antman and Tony go back in time to Avengers 1 and change things up

pookenstein
04-27-2018, 04:55 AM
Spidey and (at least some of) the Guardins have to be brought back, since they already have new movies announced. It's also very hard to imagine BP isn't brought back. Boseman has the "Untitled Avengers Movie" in his IMDB timeline, but it's possible that could be just flashbacks.

Texas_Ranger
04-27-2018, 07:17 AM
Everyone will be brought back. The only guy I think is dead for sure is Heimdal. Even Loki could have faked it.

djohn2oo8
04-27-2018, 01:35 PM
Peter's death hit you right in the gut the hardest. T'Challa was a close second.

Texas_Ranger
04-27-2018, 02:25 PM
Peter's death hit you right in the gut the hardest. T'Challa was a close second.

Would have hit much harder if Spiderman homecoming 2 and Black panther 2 weren't announced already.

It's cool that all the original avengers are alive tho. The guys that will die for good will probably come out of that bunch. (Cap and Iron-Man for sure)

lefty20
04-27-2018, 04:37 PM
Pre snap deaths will likely stick. I expect most of the snap deaths will be reversed. However, it's a good bet that some of the OG Avengers will die trying to undo the snap.

jeebus
04-27-2018, 06:33 PM
Love that Thanos knew who Tony Stark was, wish they explained why he knew who he was, but I'll just assume it's because he's the one who wrecked the chitaury after New York.
I was reading some shit on reddit and some of the comic nerds were saying that the soul stone lets the wearer see the soul of everyone in the universe. That's why red skull knew who thanos and the green whore were.

Robz4000
04-27-2018, 06:50 PM
Pre snap deaths will likely stick. I expect most of the snap deaths will be reversed. However, it's a good bet that some of the OG Avengers will die trying to undo the snap.

Gamora will be brought back, and if Loki actually died (doubt it) he will as well.

Not sure why people think both Captain America and Iron Man will both die; I think Captain America is fucked but Iron Man survives.

djohn2oo8
04-27-2018, 07:42 PM
Gamora will be brought back, and if Loki actually died (doubt it) he will as well.

Not sure why people think both Captain America and Iron Man will both die; I think Captain America is fucked but Iron Man survives.

Being honest, when Thanos punched the shit out of him I thought he was dead lol

Robz4000
04-27-2018, 07:50 PM

Same here

Joseph Kony
04-27-2018, 08:14 PM
such a good movie. everyone died wtf. Star Lord was mah nigga. seeing as how theres a GotG v3 coming out i'm sure they'll find a way to use the time stone to change this shit

lefty
04-27-2018, 09:20 PM
So this family and that couple had the same seats for #InfinityWar
Turns out the family's tickets are for tomorrow.
🤣

lefty20
04-28-2018, 01:35 AM

Gamora coming back makes sense cuz of Guardians 3. But I'm not sure about Loki, this feels like a good finish to his character arc.

I think Cap is the only one who will die and Stark will likely end up retiring from the front line action, as hinted by his talk with Pepper at the start of the movie.

One of Thor/Banner might die as well and possibly one of BW/Hawkeye.

Killing of half of the OG team makes sense with the "a soul for soul" "trading lives" talk in Infinity War.

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2018, 06:38 AM
starlord is a wanker of character in this movie...same with vision and scarlet witch

what i dont get is the end when he clicked yo fingers, i thought those who are not from planet earth wont get perish death...

ps. regarding hulk why didnt he appear again? chickenshit of death?

pookenstein
04-28-2018, 06:48 AM
Gamora coming back makes sense cuz of Guardians 3. But I'm not sure about Loki, this feels like a good finish to his character arc.

I think Cap is the only one who will die and Stark will likely end up retiring from the front line action, as hinted by his talk with Pepper at the start of the movie.

One of Thor/Banner might die as well and possibly one of BW/Hawkeye.

Killing of half of the OG team makes sense with the "a soul for soul" "trading lives" talk in Infinity War.

I think BW will get a solo film. At least it's announced on Feiges IMDB site (but without a date, so it could be bullshit).
Agree on your point about Loki.

pookenstein
04-28-2018, 06:53 AM
starlord is a wanker of character in this movie...same with vision and scarlet witch

what i dont get is the end when he clicked yo fingers, i thought those who are not from planet earth wont get perish death...

I liked Starlord, but it was incredibly stupid to attack Thanos when he learned about Gamora.
I think with the snap of his fingers, Thanos killed half the unsiverse, not only people of earth.
I'm convinced that the Hulk will have a big smashing comeback in the next movie.

lefty
04-28-2018, 08:09 AM
Wow

They have done it.

Watching this movie in IMAX was a dream come true.

And I called Gamora hiding the Soul Stone, so yeah I win a medal

Oh and that Red Skull cameo was amazeball

A few scenes from the comics that I wanted to see made it into the movie :

- Banner crashing in Strange's house announcing what's to come, in the comics it was Silver Surfer

- Spidey webbing Thanos' eyes

- Thanos sitting on his porch at the end of the movie AND the scarecrow was there

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2018, 08:37 AM
Wow

They have done it.

Watching this movie in IMAX was a dream come true.

And I called Gamora hiding the Soul Stone, so yeah I win a medal

Oh and that Red Skull cameo was amazeball

A few scenes from the comics that I wanted to see made it into the movie :

- Banner crashing in Strange's house announcing what's to come, in the comics it was Silver Surfer

- Spidey webbing Thanos' eyes

- Thanos sitting on his porch at the end of the movie AND the scarecrow was there

i like it how thanos doesnt descriminate who he wants dead, but this whole movie he had no killer intentions like a real villain...he didnt even go all out brute force one hit kill, htf those heroes survive getting hit by him, especially rogers

i guess they the producers in the mcu dont care about power scaling of characters, as long it looks flashy to the viewer is all it counts... cause seriously most of those characters who have no supernatural powers have no business surviving getting hit by characters from out of this world with unnatural powers science cant explain

ps. stark surviving on one suit the whole movie...

Avante
04-28-2018, 09:48 AM
The good, the bad and the ugly.

The ugly....killing off Loki (no not really)

So little Hulk actually as Hulk.

The bad....

Too many attempts at funny.

The good...

80% of the rest of this....WHOA~~~ I couldn't even get up to go to the bathroon afraid I'd miss something. On the..WOW~~~ meter this was a strong 10 out of 10.

Was shocked to see The Hulk (the little we saw him) get his ass kicked. This was a first.

All in all the best 40 bucks I've spent for around three hours (previews) of entertainment, not counting concerts.

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2018, 10:48 AM
is it me of did thanos 4henchmen did better then apocalypse 4 horsemen in their respective movies putting up a fight...

regarding thanos henchmen, are they from the same group of monkeys that appear in avengers 1 who attacked earth? cause when u watch some clips of thanos attacking gamoras planet, he had those guys and that monster carrier in his army

djohn2oo8
04-28-2018, 12:28 PM

Well isnt starlord half Human? And Hulk was afraid because he got his ass kicked in Ragnorok and then got his ass kicked by Thanos.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2018, 12:30 PM
I liked Starlord, but it was incredibly stupid to attack Thanos when he learned about Gamora.
I think with the snap of his fingers, Thanos killed half the unsiverse, not only people of earth.
I'm convinced that the Hulk will have a big smashing comeback in the next movie.

Remember though. Dr. Strange went through 14 million scenarios and there was only one scenario where they won. If he thought that stopping Quill from attacking Thanos would have helped he would have done so. But he knew, this was the only way they could win.

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2018, 01:06 PM
Well isnt starlord half Human? And Hulk was afraid because he got his ass kicked in Ragnorok and then got his ass kicked by Thanos.

but doesnt hulk appear when banners life is on the line? cause he knows if banner dies, hulk also dies...so whats the point of not appearing?

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2018, 01:08 PM
Remember though. Dr. Strange went through 14 million scenarios and there was only one scenario where they won. If he thought that stopping Quill from attacking Thanos would have helped he would have done so. But he knew, this was the only way they could win.

stranges decision making>>>> scarlet witch and the cuck vision back and forth thinking destroying their stone sacrificing vision to save a universe, what a selfish bitch cant think...this is a superhero movie, not a love story, go fck off somewhere else with that shit

pookenstein
04-28-2018, 04:44 PM

I think Starlord attacking Thanos was a condition, which had to happen for the one possibility to come true. But how could Strange prepare for this? Put a spell on Quill, so he finds out about Gamora and reacts the way he did? Possible, but if Starlord, doesn't interrupt the scene, Stark and Spidey get the gauntlet off of Thanos (they almost did that in spite of Quill interrupting), Mantis still holds control over a much weaker opponent and then they can do their best to kill him.

daslicer
04-28-2018, 05:15 PM
Wasn't really into this movie but then again I'm just kind of burned out from all the super hero movies that have come out the last 10 years. It's fairly predictable that all the heroes that died at the end of the movie will be somehow resurrected from the dead in the next movie. I predict one of the surviving heroes will find a way to get the stones back from Thanos and then will resurrect all the people who died. This is very doable and Thanos showed how he could use the stones to resurrect people from the dead when he resurrected Vision and then killed him to get the remaining stone.

Another reason why I believe these heroes will all be resurrected from the dead in the next movie is because for an obvious reason which is that there is still a ton of money to be made from making more movies off of these characters.

Avante
04-28-2018, 07:51 PM
How they could get all those actors together again...??? You'd think at least one of them had something else going on.

Still waiting for John Jones to get a movie, yep, DC. Elric the albino prince a movie, a literary character.

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2018, 09:21 PM
those fallen heroes aint dead, they are in the soul stone...they will be resurrected

at the end what happen to thanos when he clicked his fingers? does he continue to keep the stones or they go dissappear and u have to go gather the stones again...

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2018, 09:27 PM
those fallen heroes aint dead, they are in the soul stone...they will be resurrected

at the end what happen to thanos when he clicked his fingers? does he continue to keep the stones or they go dissappear and u have to go gather the stones again...

Texas_Ranger
04-28-2018, 11:57 PM
How they could get all those actors together again...??? You'd think at least one of them had something else going on.

Still waiting for John Jones to get a movie, yep, DC. Elric the albino prince a movie, a literary character.

Not all of the actors were there really. Just look at how they filmed the airport scene in civil war. Pretty much no actor was there, just a lot of doubles. The movie also has a lot of characters in different places so the ones that coule be together were there. You can see that Chris Hemsworth schedule didn't really match with some other actors as he was spending most of the time with cgi guys groot and rocket.

Avante
04-29-2018, 12:57 AM
Not all of the actors were there really. Just look at how they filmed the airport scene in civil war. Pretty much no actor was there, just a lot of doubles. The movie also has a lot of characters in different places so the ones that coule be together were there. You can see that Chris Hemsworth schedule didn't really match with some other actors as he was spending most of the time with cgi guys groot and rocket.

Doesn't matter if we saw them all together in the same scene. We saw all of them in the movie, right? Paychecks went out to...

-21-
04-29-2018, 12:59 AM

Yep. Black Panther, Spidey, the GOTG, all have sequels in the works. They'll be back. I wonder if they're actually dead or just transported somewhere else like Red Skull. The big deaths (Cap, Iron Man) will come in Avengers 4.

cd021
04-29-2018, 01:20 AM
I don't think any of the people that "faded to dust" is supposed to be dead or even considered that way tbh.

I assume that it had something to do with Thanos' theory that in order for planets to survive then half needs to be wiped out in order for the other half to flourish.

The people that disappeared seemed randomly choosen, and I think he transported them back to his home world "Titan so he could try and start a new civilization.

cd021
04-29-2018, 01:25 AM

Don't think that's it at all. I think he's pouting because he was on top for two years, without Banner appearing, only for Banner to regain control. Hulk is acting like a child, he wants to be in control, not just coming out when Banner needs him.

Trill Clinton
04-29-2018, 10:13 AM
i think this is all part of dr. strange's plan. he saw the one outcome that would defeat thanos and it meant him giving away the time stone and sacrificing his life for tony's. tony is going to play a key role in defeating thanos in the next film, imho.

good movie.

StrengthAndHonor
04-29-2018, 11:45 AM
It was definitely Spidey for me. That scene was very heartbreaking, right there with Logan’s death scene.

spurraider21
04-29-2018, 12:08 PM
Movie would have been much more powerful if we didn’t have all these announced sequels.

Dr strange giving up so easily was really frustrating. He never really tried using the time stone at all. Handed it over just like that. And it’s weird to pretend it was all part of his plan to have these events go down, as they set up this plan to steal the gauntlet, were pretty close, and have quill emotionally ruin it. Did strange really orchestrate that exact sequence? Why not just keep quill away and let them remove the gauntlet?

Was also odd seeing them strugle to land the ship when strange coulda just opened a portal to safety.

It was also disappointing seeing Cap have such a virtually non existent role. He didn’t do much at all. Just punched some people.

I loved the theme of the good guys being unwilling unwilling to sacrifice a single life and thanks being the only one to actually do so. Loved the Hulk struggle. Loved the Ironman/spidey dynamic. Thor has become a much more likeablenand compelling character. Cracked up when he understood groot.

The movie was HUGE in scope and i think they did a great job bringing the characters together relatively quickly and pretty smoothly. That was ambitious and they pulled it off. But it was far from the best mcu flick.

StrengthAndHonor
04-29-2018, 12:23 PM
Yep. Black Panther, Spidey, the GOTG, all have sequels in the works. They'll be back. I wonder if they're actually dead or just transported somewhere else like Red Skull. The big deaths (Cap, Iron Man) will come in Avengers 4.
There’s a possibility they could be prequels or in another timeline or universe.

Texas_Ranger
04-29-2018, 01:11 PM
There’s a possibility they could be prequels or in another timeline or universe.

no way they'll make prequels. especially for spidey. What would it be about. Uncle Ben dying for the 3rd time. They are not retarded. Everyone expect Heimdal and probably Loki is coming back. I do think there will be some real deaths in the next one tho.

StrengthAndHonor
04-29-2018, 01:21 PM
no way they'll make prequels. especially for spidey. What would it be about. Uncle Ben dying for the 3rd time. They are not retarded. Everyone expect Heimdal and probably Loki is coming back. I do think there will be some real deaths in the next one tho.
It’s not about Spiderman. I was referring to GOTG and Black Panther. The time, reality and soul stones are capable of altering timelines and universes.

Texas_Ranger
04-29-2018, 01:48 PM
It’s not about Spiderman. I was referring to GOTG and Black Panther. The time, reality and soul stones are capable of altering timelines and universes.

I don't know if fans would really be that interested in that. Black Panther is already an origin story, so why bother with it. Perhaps you're right and something will happen about another universe or timeline, but I think they'll keep it pretty simple.

cd021
04-29-2018, 02:08 PM
I doubt that; I think that BP, Spiderman, TWC as Captain America, Falcon, War Machine, Doc Strange, Captain Marvel all represent the future of the Avengers with Black Widow, Hawkeye, Rodgers, and Iron Man either retiring or dying. I could see Banner/Hulk sticking around and Thor too.

I do think that they set the table for another universe (multiverse) but I think that would involve mutants and the Fantastic 4.

cd021
04-29-2018, 02:11 PM
Don't think i've seen it posted but their are several scenes that were in the trailers but not the actual movie...

Texas_Ranger
04-29-2018, 02:51 PM
Don't think i've seen it posted but their are several scenes that were in the trailers but not the actual movie...

a lot of newer trailers do that.

cd021
04-29-2018, 02:59 PM
a lot of newer trailers do that.
Someone came up with the theory that that scene where Rodgers and BP and the others are running through the forest toward battle was actually from the 4th Avengers movie put they used for this movies trailer. Not impossible, if time gets reversed again.

Texas_Ranger
04-29-2018, 03:21 PM
Someone came up with the theory that that scene where Rodgers and BP and the others are running through the forest toward battle was actually from the 4th Avengers movie put they used for this movies trailer. Not impossible, if time gets reversed again.

could be, but I don't think so... I was listening to a podcast yesterday and they mentioned that pretty much all Super-hero movies are not showing everything from the trailer. Trailers are also not cut by the director, so they just give up some clips and the guys that are marketing the movie make the cut for the trailer.

spurraider21
04-29-2018, 04:12 PM
lol they're not going to make alternate universe spinoffs... one of the major hurdles of MCU is having all the fans keep up with what has happened in previous installments. having alternate universe stories will just confuse things further.

antman and wasp is set post-civil war, but pre-IW, by my understanding. it wont answer any of our questions.

captain marvel is going to be an origin story set in the 90's, and that's the one that will lead up to Avengers 4. she's gonna be the "savior"... so brie larson better be pretty fuckin spectacular in the her solo flick.

also, if fury was able to contact captain marvel in an emergency situation, why the fuck would he not have contacted her during avengers 1?

cd021
04-29-2018, 05:40 PM
lol they're not going to make alternate universe spinoffs... one of the major hurdles of MCU is having all the fans keep up with what has happened in previous installments. having alternate universe stories will just confuse things further.

antman and wasp is set post-civil war, but pre-IW, by my understanding. it wont answer any of our questions.

captain marvel is going to be an origin story set in the 90's, and that's the one that will lead up to Avengers 4. she's gonna be the "savior"... so brie larson better be pretty fuckin spectacular in the her solo flick.

also, if fury was able to contact captain marvel in an emergency situation, why the fuck would he not have contacted her during avengers 1?
Team building, apparently.

monosylab1k
04-29-2018, 06:46 PM
The entire audience sitting in stunned “WTF?” silence as the credits roll probably isn’t the reaction Disney is wanting :lol i thought the ending was pretty badass tho

But overall this was easily the weakest Marvel movie since Avengers 2.

5/10

florige
04-29-2018, 07:25 PM

:lmao

StrengthAndHonor
04-29-2018, 08:40 PM
I doubt that; I think that BP, Spiderman, TWC as Captain America, Falcon, War Machine, Doc Strange, Captain Marvel all represent the future of the Avengers with Black Widow, Hawkeye, Rodgers, and Iron Man either retiring or dying. I could see Banner/Hulk sticking around and Thor too.

I do think that they set the table for another universe (multiverse) but I think that would involve mutants and the Fantastic 4.

I think the beauty of the IW story arc is it gives them an ability to do exactly that, which is alter timelines and or universe. Temporal manipulations can create branches in time and I don’t see any other way of bringing those who perished unless the writers of IW conveniently decides to bring them back after Captain Marvel defeats Thanos and gains possession of the gauntlet.

Another interesting question is how would they even market Spider-Man homecoming 2 when it’s scheduled to release 2 months after Avengers 4.

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2018, 08:41 PM
the funni part is that peter pan wannabe kent who g ets told off by ironman to get off the fkn ship, yet he wants to be a hero stays on the ship not afraid of death,

then his death scene at the end, scared like a pos turning dusts

lefty20
04-30-2018, 01:50 AM

DC :rollin

Texas_Ranger
04-30-2018, 07:36 AM
Avengers 4 will most likely have some time travel back to the past. There were photos of Chris Hemsworth with long hair in the Thor costume on the set of the Avengers Infinity War/4 shootings.

lefty
04-30-2018, 07:38 AM
:lol there is a bootleg on porn sites

Phenomanul
04-30-2018, 10:34 AM
^^^ And of course, you would know that... :lol :lol

Phenomanul
04-30-2018, 10:45 AM
I second the notion that the overall effect (Empire Strikes Back moment) would have be so much better if the sequels for BP, Spiderman, and GOTG had not already been announced.

Still a very entertaining movie...

RD2191
04-30-2018, 11:37 AM
Comic book movies are fukin lame. Who watches this corny shit? The spider man movies were alright but damn, shit is played out.

Blake
04-30-2018, 11:45 AM
Comic book movies are fukin lame. Who watches this corny shit? The spider man movies were alright

Answered own question

RD2191
04-30-2018, 12:10 PM
Answered own question

:lol I was like 13 then bruh.

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 12:37 PM
:lol there is a bootleg on porn sites

^^^ And of course, you would know that... :lol :lol
the real question is if his search for a bootleg took him to a porn site, or if he was on the porn site for other reasons and came across the movie

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 12:41 PM
note to ST... this is what RD2191 liked to watch at 13 years old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ron-Ikenfc

Blake
04-30-2018, 02:48 PM

:lol the backpedal

RD2191
04-30-2018, 02:54 PM

Goat superhero movie imo :wakeup

RD2191
04-30-2018, 02:55 PM
:lol the backpedal

Naw son. Comic movies are lame.

StrengthAndHonor
04-30-2018, 03:02 PM
the real question is if his search for a bootleg took him to a porn site, or if he was on the porn site for other reasons and came across the movie lefty was more likely looking for keywords like Black Widow Cosplay Blowjob Thanos

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 03:04 PM
lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896) was more likely looking for keywords like Black Widow Cosplay Blowjob Thanos

Blake
04-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Naw son. Comic movies are lame.

Uh uh uh I meant spiderman was only cool when I was 13 no really I mean it :cry

Chris Fall
04-30-2018, 03:33 PM
ps. stark surviving on one suit the whole movie...

He did say the suit was built with nanobyte technology. From other films using that technology, I believe it’s supposed to have some kind of regenerative abilities. So in theory, one suit could be sufficient.

We should hope so. It’s a vital casting. And Marvel has done a pretty great job casting actors so far. And pretty much all of the main characters have been casted with actors who can carry a great deal of personality and wit and comedic timing. She appears to fit that angle at least. I’m curious who were the other final candidates for Captain Marvel.

Among other things, along with the actual dialogue/script, the actors casted have been one of the major differences from the DC films. Obviously, its a huge reason why Marvel characters have been so much more memorable and likable. DC really is a loss cause at this point.

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 04:04 PM
We should hope so. It’s a vital casting. And Marvel has done a pretty great job casting actors so far. And pretty much all of the main characters have been casted with actors who can carry a great deal of personality and wit and comedic timing. She appears to fit that angle at least. I’m curious who were the other final candidates for Captain Marvel.

Among other things, along with the actual dialogue/script, the actors casted have been one of the major differences from the DC films. Obviously, its a huge reason why Marvel characters have been so much more memorable and likable. DC really is a loss cause at this point.
yeah. gadot has been the only one from DC who impresses. Cavill is very forgettable, Momoa is cool but he doesnt really seem to embody aquaman. :lol cyborg.

i dont think affleck has been that bad... but he's following up christian bale's act, so

Phenomanul
04-30-2018, 04:30 PM
yeah. gadot has been the only one from DC who impresses. Cavill is very forgettable, Momoa is cool but he doesnt really seem to embody aquaman. :lol cyborg.

i dont think affleck has been that bad... but he's following up christian bale's act, so

Ezra Miller's Flash was fairly well scripted/cast.

lefty
04-30-2018, 04:34 PM
the real question is if his search for a bootleg took him to a porn site, or if he was on the porn site for other reasons and came across the movie

#2 tbh

lefty
04-30-2018, 04:34 PM
lefty was more likely looking for keywords like Black Widow Cosplay Blowjob Thanos

:lol

rjv
04-30-2018, 04:37 PM
but doesnt hulk appear when banners life is on the line? cause he knows if banner dies, hulk also dies...so whats the point of not appearing?

my theory is that it's banner that is holding the hulk back because he is afraid that banner will never come back. i even think this is the reason that hulk was defeated so easily in the opening scene (it was not a fully engaged hulk).

rjv
04-30-2018, 04:41 PM
why is no one here discussing Captain Marvel? she is clearly going to be a key figure in Avengers 4 as the end of credits scene indicates and, depending on what version of her we get, she is the most powerful of the avengers when you take into account her powers as a binary (if that is the form they give her for the avengers). there is clearly a reason, as well, that her movie comes out just about a month or two before avengers 4.

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 04:43 PM
i think he oversold his "hey everyone, im socially awkward" bit.

but yeah he was one of the better characters

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 04:44 PM
why is no one here discussing Captain Marvel? she is clearly going to be a key figure in Avengers 4 as the end of credits scene indicates and, depending on what version of her we get, she is the most powerful of the avengers when you take into account her powers as a binary (if that is the form they give her for the avengers). there is clearly a reason, as well, that her movie comes out just about a month or two before avengers 4.
the producers have already said that her power level is going to be greater than the other heroes

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 04:46 PM
my theory is that it's banner that is holding the hulk back because he is afraid that banner will never come back. i even think this is the reason that hulk was defeated so easily in the opening scene (it was not a fully engaged hulk).
somebody should have just shot banner in the head and forced the hulk out tbh. or have scarlet witch trigger it

rjv
04-30-2018, 04:47 PM
the producers have already said that her power level is going to be greater than the other heroes

cool. i know that when she is a "binary" her powers are off the charts. she was the head of a S.H.I.E.L.D. operative called S.W.O.R.D. in some of the Marvel series so that could explain why she wasn't on earth at the time or why the other avengers would not have heard of her.

rjv
04-30-2018, 04:49 PM
somebody should have just shot banner in the head and forced the hulk out tbh. or have scarlet witch trigger it

that would have been fine by me.

Chris Fall
04-30-2018, 05:01 PM

Gadot was good, but the Justice League script also did her no favors. Margot Robbie may have been DC’s best casting so far in the new re-ups since Bale and Hardy (as much for the boobies as anything). But even Suicide Squad fell well short of potential. Cavill was a big miss imo and his physique seemed to be the primary reason for his casting. Kent needs an actor to really embellish a quirkiness and awkwardness it requires. Affleck hasn’t been bad, but he hasn’t stood out either. He doesn’t add much or offer anything interesting in the role. I wonder how Bale could have possibly changed some of those films as part of the interaction of the ensemble.

At this point, it’s just too late. Marvel has crushed them in pretty much every aspect.

rjv
04-30-2018, 05:04 PM
Gadot was good, but the Justice League script also did her no favors. Margot Robbie may have been DC’s best casting so far in the new re-ups since Bale and Hardy (as much for the boobies as anything). But even Suicide Squad fell well short of potential. Cavill was a big miss imo and his physique seemed to be the primary reason for his casting. Kent needs an actor to really embellish a quirkiness and awkwardness it requires. Affleck hasn’t been bad, but he hasn’t stood out either. He doesn’t add much or offer anything interesting in the role. I wonder how Bale could have possibly changed some of those films as part of the interaction of the ensemble.

At this point, it’s just too late. Marvel has crushed them in pretty much every aspect.

it'd be cool if the avengers that "evaporated" wound up in a pocket universe where the DC characters exist and they could rescue wonder woman and bring them back with her. everyone else could just stay there.

btw, the deadpool trailer takes a nice shot at DC films.

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 05:04 PM

justice league was way premature. they had done nothing to introduce aquaman/flash/cyborg. was way too rushed. and :lmao steppenwolf

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 05:10 PM
its amazing how many movies struggle to make compelling villains. joker and bane were great... they are a big reason why the Nolan Batman trilogy was so great

MCU has had a lot of whiffs... too (Malekith, Killian, Whiplash, Hela, Zemo, Ronan) but has produced some good ones (Loki, Winter Soldier, Killmonger, Vulture, Thanos)

cant believe justice league, which was supposed to be their big ticket to compete with marvel, featured fucking steppenwolf

rjv
04-30-2018, 05:17 PM
its amazing how many movies struggle to make compelling villains. joker and bane were great... they are a big reason why the Nolan Batman trilogy was so great

MCU has had a lot of whiffs... too (Malekith, Killian, Whiplash, Hela, Zemo, Ronan) but has produced some good ones (Loki, Winter Soldier, Killmonger, Vulture, Thanos)

cant believe justice league, which was supposed to be their big ticket to compete with marvel, featured fucking steppenwolf

steppenwolf, that's right. so memorable, i had already forgotten that was the villain! the only way to make "justice league" look good is to show it right after "dawn of justice".

Chris Fall
04-30-2018, 05:24 PM
Lol on the heels of Doomsday in Batman v Superman, another CGI villain with no dialogue or on-screen backstory to allow the audience to really feel one way or another about him. “Bad guy is bad” ideology as a shortcut to move the story along. At least Thanos had character development and an actor behind the CGI to make you decide whether you liked him, hated him, or felt some kind of empathy to his reasons for destruction and killing. Plus lol Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor!

rjv
04-30-2018, 05:25 PM
Plus lol Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor!

RD2191
04-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Uh uh uh I meant spiderman was only cool when I was 13 no really I mean it :cry

Stop being a dick. This is why your wife cucked you.

Blake
04-30-2018, 05:36 PM
Stop being a dick.

Says dude that came in here to clown people

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 05:43 PM
i actually didnt hate eisenberg

Chris Fall
04-30-2018, 05:47 PM
I do like the rumors and idea of Jon Hamm being the next Batman. If you’re going for an older actor who can look good in a suit, Hamm offers way more versatility to show not only a witty side but a dark side to Bruce Wayne.

mFFL03
04-30-2018, 08:26 PM

She will likely take the part of silver surfer from the comics and she'll work with Adam warlock to coordinate the attack. Hopefully they keep Alot of comic book story intact, especially when the celestials and gods are hurling planets at Thanos and he doesn't get a scratch.

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 08:57 PM
She will likely take the part of silver surfer from the comics and she'll work with Adam warlock to coordinate the attack. Hopefully they keep Alot of comic book story intact, especially when the celestials and gods are hurling planets at Thanos and he doesn't get a scratch.
yeah if they stay true to the comics, adam warlock will play a role, and he was already teased at the end of Guardians 2.

guardians 3 is scheduled to be AFTER infinity wars part 2, and they haven't announced anything regarding adam yet... but would be a cool surprise.

cd021
04-30-2018, 10:21 PM
justice league was way premature. they had done nothing to introduce aquaman/flash/cyborg. was way too rushed. and :lmao steppenwolf

Nevermind the fact that the other five members were largely useless after Superman came back

cd021
04-30-2018, 10:27 PM

Actually sort of liked Cyborg, thought Flash was poorly cast and 1 note, Aquman was good as is Wonder woman.

Superman is meh, Affleck looks like he is still haunted by his divorce because he looks miserable as Batman and Lex Luthor was a fucking train wreck, Spacey now would make for a less controversial Luthor :lol

leemajors
04-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Actually sort of liked Cyborg, thought Flash was poorly cast and 1 note, Aquman was good as is Wonder woman.

Superman is meh, Affleck looks like he is still haunted by his divorce because he looks miserable as Batman and Lex Luthor was a fucking train wreck, Spacey now would make for a less controversial Luthor :lol

I thought the Flash they cast captured him pretty well as a character - Flash isn't "dark" or "brooding" like Batman, and Cyborg was good imo. spurraider is right on though - they didn't have to rush to their own team up, they had a ways to go to build things.

lil'mo
05-01-2018, 07:37 AM
Awesome movie. Quill fucked up the plan that was working but I guess Strange knew that was the only way to reach the End Game. Gonna be a long wait for 4

djohn2oo8
05-01-2018, 08:05 AM
Red Skull being in there was a nice surprise.

djohn2oo8
05-01-2018, 08:21 AM
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31495578_2172757956098184_5049645147860500480_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=eecaa59b2add051b479e552ed29cd3da&oe=5B8EBF8A

Pop, I don't feel good.

lefty20
05-01-2018, 08:22 AM
^:lol

Chris Fall
05-01-2018, 08:23 AM
Lol

Spurs fan may be okay with that if Patty and Pau are also part of that half.

lil'mo
05-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Why was vision such a pussy in this movie. Wasn’t he dominant in ultron? He was able to wield Thor’s hammer but now he’s basically nighthawk

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Why was vision such a pussy in this movie. Wasn’t he dominant in ultron? He was able to wield Thor’s hammer but now he’s basically nighthawk

Some might make the argument that Disney completely pooped on the character’s previous success in order to move the plot forward. Thank god this wasn’t a Star Wars movie or people would be freaking the fuck out right now.

rjv
05-01-2018, 11:47 AM

yeah, i was wondering about adam. sometimes, what marvel teases in their end of credits scenes turns out to be used significantly as part of another film and then there are other times where there end of credits scenes go nowhere. the howard the duck cameo at the end of the first guardians for instance. (although it was cool to see howard). but warlock would be cool to see in avengers 4, especially if paired with captain marvel. i've read other possible scenarios too.

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-war-ending-guarantees-adam-warlock-mcu-debut/

StrengthAndHonor
05-01-2018, 01:52 PM
IIRC, he was stabbed by Corvus’ glaive, which is known to slice through anything, even the Hulk’s skin.

DPG21920
05-01-2018, 04:16 PM
What was interesting is the one person mentioned by Thanos himself as getting close to killing him was Nebula. I would imagine she will have a role in Thanos downfall in the next movie.

rjv
05-01-2018, 04:37 PM
What was interesting is the one person mentioned by Thanos himself as getting close to killing him was Nebula. I would imagine she will have a role in Thanos downfall in the next movie.

she's teamed up with stark now and they could get some added armor for him from etiri so it is possible that she could get to him. i still think it will be a collective effort abetted by the addition of captain marvel.

redzero
05-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Some might make the argument that Disney completely pooped on the character’s previous success in order to move the plot forward. Thank god this wasn’t a Star Wars movie or people would be freaking the fuck out right now.

One can't honestly compare Vision to Luke Skywalker in any form of media.

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 04:54 PM
One can't honestly compare Vision to Luke Skywalker in any form of media.

Sup redzero did you downvote Infinity War on Rotten Tomatoes yet?

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Marvel is just happy their fans don’t babyrage over every little thing in their films the way SW fanboys do.

rjv
05-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Marvel is just happy their fans don’t babyrage over every little thing in their films the way SW fanboys do.

i think what helps with comic book readers is that they are used to so many alternate story lines that they tend to roll with the punches.

redzero
05-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Sup redzero did you downvote Infinity War on Rotten Tomatoes yet?

I haven't seen it yet and I don't have a Rotten Tomtoes account.

I also highly doubt it will have terrible characters like Ching Chong Rose and Admiral SJW to bring the movie down.

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 08:49 PM
I haven't seen it yet and I don't have a Rotten Tomtoes account.

I also highly doubt it will have terrible characters like Ching Chong Rose and Admiral SJW to bring the movie down.

:lmao because Marvel movies aren’t loaded with SJW virtue signaling.

:lmao “let’s make the niggette from Creed a Norse god warrior! Makes perfect sense!”

TDMVPDPOY
05-01-2018, 09:14 PM
vision and his gf back and forth wasting screen time with their bs should she help destroy his stone..

argument in the office, argue again in wakanda, argue again during the thanos invasion fight....2 useless characters, this isnt a love story, take that shit to dc

redzero
05-01-2018, 09:17 PM
:lmao because Marvel movies aren’t loaded with SJW virtue signaling.

:lmao “let’s make the niggette from Creed a Norse god warrior! Makes perfect sense!”

Man, you are just salty about how shitty The Last Jedi was, aren't you? Get over it.

Also, Hogun, an Asian, was Asgardian as well in the comics, not that it really matters in the end. Forced diversity can be annoying, but having a movie that almost entirely about women being better and more competent is far worse.

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Man, you are just salty about how shitty The Last Jedi was, aren't you? Get over it.

Also, Hogun, an Asian, was Asgardian as well in the comics, not that it really matters in the end. Forced diversity can be annoying, but having a movie that almost entirely about women being better and more competent is far worse.

:lmao triggered by women

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Star Wars Asians = Ching Chongs
Marvel Asians = Asian

redzero
05-01-2018, 09:41 PM
The funny thing is that, no matter your incessant whining, The Last Jedi will forever be a financial disappointment and divisive, at best, with audiences. Rian Johnson screwed the pooch, and Disney let him.

Oh well, at least you still have that Han Solo disaster coming up. Good thing Disney has Marvel to fall back on, because they are fucking up the Star Wars license.

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 09:51 PM
The funny thing is that, no matter your incessant whining, The Last Jedi will forever be a financial disappointment and divisive, at best, with audiences. Rian Johnson screwed the pooch, and Disney let him.

Oh well, at least you still have that Han Solo disaster coming up. Good thing Disney has Marvel to fall back on, because they are fucking up the Star Wars license.

:lmao realizing how retarded you SJW argument was.

Also, I’m like 99% sure you cut your hair to look exactly like Donald Glover in Atlanta. Just a random observation.

redzero
05-01-2018, 10:04 PM
:lol thinking I am going to go over the problems with the film's writing for the millionth time with you
:lol thinking that I even remember how Donald Glover looks like in Atlanta or cared.
:lol thinking that Glover and I even have similar hair for that to be possible.

I may be black, but you have absolutely no idea what I look like. I have been called part white, hispanic, middle eastern, and asian.

I have to remind myself to come back when the Solo movie comes out, although it won't as fun because I am not spending money to see that shit (I probably won't torrent it either).

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 10:15 PM
:lmao realizing how retarded your SJW argument was

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 09:59 AM

Financial disappointment? #10 grossing movie all time. Made over 1.3 billion

djohn2oo8
05-02-2018, 07:07 PM
Good article on what might not happen in Avengers 4 with all of the deaths
https://movieweb.com/avengers-4-wont-change-infinity-war-events/

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Good article on what might not happen in Avengers 4 with all of the deaths
https://movieweb.com/avengers-4-wont-change-infinity-war-events/
yeah. still hard to buy that with all the sequels announced. and iirc the sequels have already been announced to take place post-avengers 4

mFFL03
05-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Did anyone watch it at an Imax? Thinking about seeing it in that format as its only available until May 18, due to deadpool

redzero
05-03-2018, 01:12 AM
I just saw Black Panther and Infinity War back-to-back (weird that both are in theaters at the same time). Michael B. Jordan as the villain made Black Panther, because I was getting really tired of the fake African accents. Still, good overall. Kind of like Thor with Africans. Infinity War was a punch in the gut. I know it's all going to be undone, but damn, that ending was rough. I would have believed that all the characters who died before the finger snap would have stayed dead, but obviously, they won't. Thanos exceeded the ten years of hype, and he is by far the best villain in the MCU. Great acting by Brolin and great CGI. Thanos had one singular purpose and he achieved it. The Russo Brothers are great. It's amazing that Infinity War had twice as many characters as Age of Ultron, if not more, and still managed to have a far more coherent, cohesive story. The humor was pretty funny but sometimes out of place (although not as bad as The Last Jedi's unfunny, cringe-inducing attempts at levity). The character interactions were great; Thor fit in perfectly with (part of) the Guardians of the Galaxy and the (rest of the) Guardians of the Galaxy fit in perfectly with Dr. Strange, Iron Man and Spider-Man.

Observations:
- watching both movies back-to-back is pretty funny in hindsight. Black Panther must hold the record for a character getting their own movie, and then immediately getting killed off in his next appearance.
- looks like Marvel listened about the weak villains complaint, because Killmonger (stupid name, though), Vulture, Hela and Thanos were great. All of them were intimidating, but Hela and Thanos were big fucking problems. Killmonger, Vulture, and, surprisingly, Thanos were extremely sympathetic, but the former two were too sympathetic (Did they really have to have Killmonger go on a vision quest and speak to his dead father? Especially when Killmonger dies at the end of the movie?).
- Star Lord dun goofed.
- Thor would have to feel like shit right about now. The last month has been an absolute nightmare for him.

monosylab1k
05-03-2018, 02:50 AM
:lmao “Marvel doesn’t cater to SJW bullshit like Star Wars!”

:lmao changing the ethnicity of literally every supporting character in Spiderman to cater to SJW’s.

redzero
05-03-2018, 05:14 AM
:lmao “Marvel doesn’t cater to SJW bullshit like Star Wars!”

Nobody made that argument, you half-a-zipperhead.

:lmao changing the ethnicity of literally every supporting character in Spiderman to cater to SJW’s.

Nigga, stop regurgitating points I made about Homecoming last July.

Overall, a good movie. I don't know what the fuck was up with the casting. Did the producers roll a die and pick characters' races based on what number came up?

Just go watch your shitty Star Wars movie and be content.

StrengthAndHonor
05-03-2018, 10:14 AM
yeah. still hard to buy that with all the sequels announced. and iirc the sequels have already been announced to take place post-avengers 4
The only way this happens IMO is through another universe. They haven’t fully explored the quantum realm, so I’m curious what they’ll do with it on AM&W.

Spiderman 2 is also scheduled to release 2 months after Avengers 4, so it makes you wonder how they’ll market both without spoiling one from the other.

spurraider21
05-03-2018, 10:20 AM
The only way this happens IMO is through another universe. They haven’t fully explored the quantum realm, so I’m curious what they’ll do with it on AM&W.

Spiderman 2 is also scheduled to release 2 months after Avengers 4, so it makes you wonder how they’ll market both without spoiling one from the other.
Ant man and wasp is supposedly set before infinity war iirc

rjv
05-03-2018, 12:21 PM

technically, the soul stone is a "pocket universe" so that is possible; i have read some theories that this is where thanos is at in the end of the film (inside the soul stone). ant man and wasp may not give us much in regards to events related directly to avengers 4 but it could provide us with much more about the quantum realm so that we are prepared for it. i'm pretty sure there will be some alternate dimensions used, or time travel, in avengers 4 (this could be one way to explain how captain marvel will be able to make an appearance in the present day; she may be in an alternate dimension).

monosylab1k
05-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Like just imagine the babyraging if Star Wars had a moment as lazy and cliche as the Star Lord “guy ruins the entire plan because he gets emotional about a girl”. Here it just gets brushed off as a minor quibble. Marvel is truly bulletproof :lol

spurraider21
05-03-2018, 01:48 PM
i still find it puzzling how there's even a plot after thanos has the fucking "reality stone"

couldn't he change reality to where he has all 6 stones?

cant he now change reality to bring gamora back to life if he was actually so sad about sacrificing her?

spurraider21
05-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Like just imagine the babyraging if Star Wars had a moment as lazy and cliche as the Star Lord “guy ruins the entire plan because he gets emotional about a girl”. Here it just gets brushed off as a minor quibble. Marvel is truly bulletproof :lol
look at you babyraging about :madrun why do people criticize muh star wars :madrun

rjv
05-03-2018, 01:54 PM
i still find it puzzling how there's even a plot after thanos has the fucking "reality stone"

couldn't he change reality to where he has all 6 stones?

cant he now change reality to bring gamora back to life if he was actually so sad about sacrificing her?

can't wait for the how it should have ended version of the movie. but on a serious note, wasn't the gauntlet destroyed? it looked like it had been. if that was the case, no one would be able to yield any of the stones. although, i could picture stark coming up with a way that would entail him sacrificing himself in the process.

monosylab1k
05-03-2018, 01:55 PM
look at you babyraging about :madrun why do people criticize muh star wars :madrun

:lmao i’ve said plenty of times that TLJ isn’t perfect and deserves criticism. The fact that people take two movies of similar quality, but call one trash and jizz their pants over the other, point out every flaw of one and ignore the exact same flaws in the other, is fucking retarded.

StrengthAndHonor
05-03-2018, 03:03 PM
technically, the soul stone is a "pocket universe" so that is possible; i have read some theories that this is where thanos is at in the end of the film (inside the soul stone). ant man and wasp may not give us much in regards to events related directly to avengers 4 but it could provide us with much more about the quantum realm so that we are prepared for it. i'm pretty sure there will be some alternate dimensions used, or time travel, in avengers 4 (this could be one way to explain how captain marvel will be able to make an appearance in the present day; she may be in an alternate dimension).

I also suggested time travel but the Russo’s are on record confirming there is no time travel in A4. Unless that’s another misdirection.

spurraider21
05-03-2018, 03:08 PM
can't wait for the how it should have ended version of the movie. but on a serious note, wasn't the gauntlet destroyed? it looked like it had been. if that was the case, no one would be able to yield any of the stones. although, i could picture stark coming up with a way that would entail him sacrificing himself in the process.
they could have giant space tyrion forge another one

spurraider21
05-03-2018, 03:08 PM
:lmao i’ve said plenty of times that TLJ isn’t perfect and deserves criticism. The fact that people take two movies of similar quality, but call one trash and jizz their pants over the other, point out every flaw of one and ignore the exact same flaws in the other, is fucking retarded.
:lol so upset that people criticized muh star wars

redzero
05-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Jesus fucking Christ, is mono secretly Rian Johnson? Why is he still whining about people not liking that shitty movie? He's not changing anybody's mind. He should just hope the next movie salvages this mess.

spurraider21
05-03-2018, 03:28 PM
for the record i thought last jedi was really good tbh...

i just dont get salty about people shitting on it

rjv
05-03-2018, 03:41 PM
for the record i thought last jedi was really good tbh...

i just dont get salty about people shitting on it

it had some flaws and but it's not anywhere near as bad as any of the prequels. i still loved it. as for marvel films, if one has read the comics then one is already used to the many different versions or alternate realities or reboots or deaths and resurrections...

cd021
05-03-2018, 04:51 PM
I also suggested time travel but the Russo’s are on record confirming there is no time travel in A4. Unless that’s another misdirection.

They're lying tbh. Based on casting and possibly leaked set photo's it seems that there is time travel.

cd021
05-03-2018, 05:01 PM
I just saw Black Panther and Infinity War back-to-back (weird that both are in theaters at the same time). Michael B. Jordan as the villain made Black Panther, because I was getting really tired of the fake African accents. Still, good overall. Kind of like Thor with Africans. Infinity War was a punch in the gut. I know it's all going to be undone, but damn, that ending was rough. I would have believed that all the characters who died before the finger snap would have stayed dead, but obviously, they won't. Thanos exceeded the ten years of hype, and he is by far the best villain in the MCU. Great acting by Brolin and great CGI. Thanos had one singular purpose and he achieved it. The Russo Brothers are great. It's amazing that Infinity War had twice as many characters as Age of Ultron, if not more, and still managed to have a far more coherent, cohesive story. The humor was pretty funny but sometimes out of place (although not as bad as The Last Jedi's unfunny, cringe-inducing attempts at levity). The character interactions were great; Thor fit in perfectly with (part of) the Guardians of the Galaxy and the (rest of the) Guardians of the Galaxy fit in perfectly with Dr. Strange, Iron Man and Spider-Man.

Observations:
- watching both movies back-to-back is pretty funny in hindsight. Black Panther must hold the record for a character getting their own movie, and then immediately getting killed off in his next appearance.
- looks like Marvel listened about the weak villains complaint, because Killmonger (stupid name, though), Vulture, Hela and Thanos were great. All of them were intimidating, but Hela and Thanos were big fucking problems. Killmonger, Vulture, and, surprisingly, Thanos were extremely sympathetic, but the former two were too sympathetic (Did they really have to have Killmonger go on a vision quest and speak to his dead father? Especially when Killmonger dies at the end of the movie?).
- Star Lord dun goofed.
- Thor would have to feel like shit right about now. The last month has been an absolute nightmare for him.
I prefer villains that are sympathetic instead of being over the top evil, grey area is where bad people have good intentions or good people have bad intentions are interesting to me. With Killmonger, the thing that makes him so interesting is that his point of view was probably right while BP was wrong.

The vision quest was character building and effective; his dad asks why he didn't cry over his death and Killmonger essentially says that he didn't cry because he was so use to death which is also a social commentary.

Thanos, Vulture, Killmonger and Hella are are top notch villains tbh I never brought into the MCU's problem with villians I thought the Winter Soldier and Ultron were both fine but there were some forgettable ones too.

spurraider21
05-03-2018, 05:12 PM
i was disappointed with hela. powerful/menacing... sure. her dialogue was good too. i mostly hated how lazily she was introduced. old man odin talking casually to thor. by the way you have a sister. she's super strong. she's back now. ok im dead.

and then she just shows up and is evil evil evil

redzero
05-03-2018, 06:11 PM
I forgot to mention Ego. He was charismatic and dangerous, with a personal connection to Star-Lord. Becky was good, too, because he ducked shut up with impunity.

monosylab1k
05-03-2018, 06:59 PM
Jesus fucking Christ, is mono secretly Rian Johnson? Why is he still whining about people not liking that shitty movie? He's not changing anybody's mind. He should just hope the next movie salvages this mess.

:lmao touting Marvel movies as an anti-SJW mecca

redzero
05-03-2018, 07:21 PM
:lmao touting Marvel movies as an anti-SJW mecca

You got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Hipster
05-03-2018, 07:32 PM
You got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Tell em, Steve-Dave!

redzero
05-03-2018, 07:39 PM
Tell em, Steve-Dave!

I don't even know what that means, you half-a-Mick-half-a-Zip. Relax, and let your chubby chaser, mediocre looking wife continue to feed you pasta, YOU MULATTA, MONGREL CLASS OF PEOPLE!

Hipster
05-03-2018, 07:43 PM
I don't even know what that means, you half-a-Mick-half-a-Zip. Relax, and let your chubby chaser, mediocre looking wife continue to feed you pasta, YOU MULATTA, MONGREL CLASS OF PEOPLE!

lol blipsters

redzero
05-03-2018, 07:48 PM
lol blipsters

Except I'm not mixed breed, unlike you, you Eurasian zilch.

Hipster
05-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Except I'm not mixed breed, unlike you, you Eurasian zilch.
lol blipsters

redzero
05-03-2018, 07:50 PM
lol blipsters

What are you, tired today?

Hipster
05-03-2018, 07:53 PM
What are you, tired today?
lol blipsters

monosylab1k
05-03-2018, 11:45 PM
http://www.didthanoskill.me

I was spared by Thanos

Robz4000
05-04-2018, 02:49 AM
http://www.didthanoskill.me

I was spared by Thanos

I was killed :depressed

pookenstein
05-04-2018, 05:36 AM
Dead as Disco.

spurraider21
05-04-2018, 10:36 AM
i guess im making an appearance in avengers 4

spared

Trainwreck2100
05-05-2018, 02:34 AM
spared, i'm looting all your houses

Xevious
05-05-2018, 04:28 AM
I dieded :cry

lefty
05-05-2018, 12:31 PM
They're lying tbh. Based on casting and possibly leaked set photo's it seems that there is time travel.

Or Tony's BARF tech we saw in Civil War (MIT speech)

A box with BARF written on it was spotted on set

cd021
05-05-2018, 11:21 PM
Or Tony's BARF tech we saw in Civil War (MIT speech)

A box with BARF written on it was spotted on set

According to comicbook.com ( it may have been cbr.com) Avengers 4 cast an older actress to play Ant Man's daughter, so instead of her being like 10, she's going to be in her 20's apparently in this movie- if true.

There is also speculation that the scene that shows Rodgers, War Machine, BP, Hulk, Falcon and half of Wakonda running through the forest was actually from Avengers 4 with some "rewind" element where the events that preceded the past snap get erased and they focus their attack Thanos unlike the first time.

cd021
05-05-2018, 11:22 PM
spared, i'm looting all your houses
tough but fair :lol

Thanos clapped me :depressed

leemajors
05-06-2018, 11:53 AM
snapped

lefty
05-06-2018, 12:26 PM
I was spared

lefty
05-06-2018, 12:28 PM
According to comicbook.com ( it may have been cbr.com) Avengers 4 cast an older actress to play Ant Man's daughter, so instead of her being like 10, she's going to be in her 20's apparently in this movie- if true.

There is also speculation that the scene that shows Rodgers, War Machine, BP, Hulk, Falcon and half of Wakonda running through the forest was actually from Avengers 4 with some "rewind" element where the events that preceded the past snap get erased and they focus their attack Thanos unlike the first time.

A4 is gonna be a cosmic clusterfuck

Steve with his A1 costume, Antman and white haired Tony were spotted on the same set

Phenomanul
05-07-2018, 08:58 AM
I'm still thinking that one of Steve Rogers, Tony Stark or both will be killed off in A4.

djohn2oo8
05-07-2018, 11:41 AM
I'm still thinking that one of Steve Rogers, Tony Stark or both will be killed off in A4.

Probably both.

spurraider21
05-07-2018, 12:12 PM
yeah both actors contracts will be up, so natural ending point for the characters.

Phenomanul
05-07-2018, 12:50 PM
yeah both actors contracts will be up, so natural ending point for the characters.

If so, their character arcs have made complete journeys - a death at the hands of Thanos in order to defeat him is as worthy as any. I do love the Stark/Spider-Man interactions though (and if Iron Man dies... that will be missed). Then again, maybe they can play it like the comic series and start to build the on-screen relationship between Hulk and Spider-Man.

spurraider21
05-07-2018, 12:53 PM
If so, their character arcs have made complete journeys - a death at the hands of Thanos in order to defeat him is as worthy as any. I do love the Stark/Spider-Man interactions though (and if Iron Man dies... that will be missed). Then again, maybe they can play it like the comic series and start to build the on-screen relationship between Hulk and Spider-Man.
that's an option. the events of Infinity War also open the door for Dr. Strange to have a relationship with spidey.

Blake
05-07-2018, 02:12 PM

I think it would be Cap if either.

Downey helps make the movies run. Worth every penny they pay him, imo

Monostradamus
05-07-2018, 02:20 PM
I think it would be Cap if either.

Downey helps make the movies run. Worth every penny they pay him, imo

Yeah no way they kill off RDJ. Even if Iron Man is "retired" after this, he'll still be good for the occasional cameo appearance, then make one last big comeback in Avengers 8 or whatever.

gambit1990
05-10-2018, 09:07 PM
http://poststuff2.entensity.net/050918/1.jpg

RsxPiimp
05-11-2018, 12:21 AM
http://poststuff2.entensity.net/050918/1.jpg

:lol.....

dabom
05-11-2018, 02:58 AM
Spared.

pookenstein
05-11-2018, 07:54 AM
Spared.

Sure you just welched death.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-11-2018, 08:48 AM

roflroflroflroflroflrfol

LaMarcus Bryant
05-11-2018, 08:52 AM
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31495578_2172757956098184_5049645147860500480_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=eecaa59b2add051b479e552ed29cd3da&oe=5B8EBF8A

Pop, I don't feel good.

10/10

LaMarcus Bryant
05-11-2018, 09:00 AM
I think those that were snapped were sent to another reality where they're alive. The non snapped are separated. Thinking along lines of Franklin Richard's green ball universe after Onslaught. They'll use Strange to attack Thanos in both universes. The old school avenger non-snapped guys all die. Snapped guys live.

lefty
05-11-2018, 11:33 AM
Widow and Okoye going toe to toe with Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive is utter BS :lmao

spurraider21
05-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Widow and Okoye going toe to toe with Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive is utter BS :lmao
widow doing anything useful has always been utter bs :lol... she was shooting ultron drones with a pistol

Darth_Pelican
05-11-2018, 01:31 PM

:cry muh Goddess

Blake
05-11-2018, 03:04 PM
widow doing anything useful has always been utter bs :lol... she was shooting ultron drones with a pistol

Lol Widow should be limping around with crutches, neck braces and broken teeth after each mission ......if she survives

Spurminator
05-11-2018, 04:33 PM
I liked it better than I thought I would. I've found most of the Marvel movies to be pretty forgettable (which makes it hard when some many of the MCU movies have callbacks to previous films) but this one had more going for it than a lot of them. I liked that Thanos is another villain with a philosophy that goes a little deeper than just "be evil and become more powerful."

My complaints:
- Too many dumb decisions driving the plot forward. Honestly, there's no reason to even put Thanos in a situation where he almost had the stones taken from him if you're just going to have him escape with a plot device as dumb as Starlord getting mad and punching him.
- Really thought most of the comedy was groan-inducing. The characters fall into juvenile bickering far too often. And honestly, the clever mid-battle quips are starting to reach Arnold-Schwartzeneggar-as-Mr-Freeze levels of annoying. I understand these movies shouldn't try to take themselves too seriously either, but they could probably get away with cutting back the cheap laughs by about half.
- It just doesn't feel like the stakes are that high when you know there's a "Time stone" that can reverse everything that just happened.

TDMVPDPOY
05-11-2018, 07:16 PM
dont like time travel being introduced in 4

lefty
05-12-2018, 11:12 AM
:lol yeah I remember that. She should have dieded in Sokovia tbh

Widow is better suited for movies like Captain America : Winter Sodier tbh...spy stuff

spurraider21
05-12-2018, 11:14 AM
:lol yeah I remember that. She should have dieded in Sokovia tbh

Widow is better suited for movies like Captain America : Winter Sodier tbh...spy stuff
Or just be there to calm down hulk

At least they didn’t have her doing let leg twirling attack on thanos

lefty
05-12-2018, 11:16 AM
Or just be there to calm down hulk

At least they didn’t have her doing let leg twirling attack on thanos

Lol at the leg twirl

cd021
05-13-2018, 09:26 AM
Yeah no way they kill off RDJ. Even if Iron Man is "retired" after this, he'll still be good for the occasional cameo appearance, then make one last big comeback in Avengers 8 or whatever.

Hope they don't kill off Cap either, he's the best Avenger tbh. Hope he just lays low and build off screen after Avengers 4 and makes cameos randomly.

rjv
05-14-2018, 09:29 AM
honestly, any of the "heroes" lacking enhanced powers shouldn't be a part of the infinity wars other than maybe just some background stuff. but maybe that was sort of suggested at the end of credits scene when it appeared that fury was calling in a heavy hitter in captain marvel.

Trainwreck2100
05-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Hope they don't kill off Cap either, he's the best Avenger tbh. Hope he just lays low and build off screen after Avengers 4 and makes cameos randomly.

he's the best avenger, and i hope he doesn't die, because everyone expects him to die

redzero
05-14-2018, 10:29 AM
Thor > Cap > everybody else

spurraider21
05-14-2018, 11:15 AM
yeah, thor has reinvented himself with ragnarok and shined in infinity war as well

rjv
05-14-2018, 11:47 AM
....and it's damn too bad that silver surfer's rights are still tied to SONY because he would have been a great part of infinity wars (as would have adam warlock).

Blake
05-14-2018, 11:59 AM
....and it's damn too bad that silver surfer's rights are still tied to SONY because he would have been a great part of infinity wars (as would have adam warlock).

I'm a big fan of Surfer. Thanos showed up a lot in SS comics.

I'd love to see a movie of his own. It'd be tough to do though. ....especially Galactus

Blake
05-14-2018, 12:01 PM
yeah, thor has reinvented himself with ragnarok and shined in infinity war as well

Thor not taking himself serious made the mcu character much much better

cd021
05-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Thor > Cap > everybody else

The elevator scene from TWS and him smacking Iron Man around cemented Cap's dopeness for me. Thor is on a definite upswing but still has a ways to go before I forget about Thor 1 and 2

cd021
05-14-2018, 01:37 PM

https://screenrant.com/marvel-movie-character-rights-explained-studios-sony-fox/2/

According to this, Silver Surfer is owned by Fox so it would eligible for the MCU if the Fox-Disney sale gets approved.

rjv
05-14-2018, 01:45 PM
https://screenrant.com/marvel-movie-character-rights-explained-studios-sony-fox/2/

According to this, Silver Surfer is owned by Fox so it would eligible for the MCU if the Fox-Disney sale gets approved.

oh, nice. maybe once adam warlock enters the fray in Guardians 3 they will introduce SS.

Darth_Pelican
05-14-2018, 01:57 PM
https://cdn.dopl3r.com/memes_files/atrnb215-none-of-the-avengers-died-under-the-obama-administration-5918-615-pm-gy1yg.jpg

spurraider21
05-14-2018, 02:28 PM
cap had been great in all his appearances up until IW, where he basically did nothing. he accomplished next to nothing, said next to nothing, and his new shield is boring.

I really enjoyed Captain America: The First Avenger... his action sequences there were pretty great too.

He was excellent in The Avengers... the scene with Loki, the shield vs mjolnir, and he stole the show when he started barking orders at everybody

Not much has to be said about The Winter Soldier, one of the best MCU flicks to date. Outstanding fight choreography in several different scenes. Further cemented his distrust in the American government despite his name.

Avengers 2 was largely poor, but not really his fault. The scene where he nudged mjolnir was still pretty great.

He was badass in Civil War

i still think he's overall the best character in the series. ironman started out that way but his character started getting pretty boring, though i do like the new mentor-ship of spiderman. gives him something new to work with

cd021
05-14-2018, 05:09 PM
oh, nice. maybe once adam warlock enters the fray in Guardians 3 they will introduce SS.

I don't know really anything about Warlock but I do know he's supposed to be in G3. I wouldn't be surprised to see the "Revengers" (Thor, Banner/Hulk, Valkyrie, Korg and Miek) in it too. The Guardians movies and Thor Ragnarok have similar tones and would be a nature fit tbh.

cd021
05-14-2018, 05:22 PM
There's rumors that Quick Silver will be making an appearance in A4

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/will-quicksilver-be-in-avengers-4-fans-are-starting-to-freak-out-9075903

timetravel tbh

spurraider21
05-14-2018, 05:26 PM
xmen universe quicksilver >>>>>>> that guy with the shitty accent, who plays scarlet witch's brother, even though they were husband and wife in the godzilla movie

Blake
05-14-2018, 06:01 PM
xmen universe quicksilver >>>>>>> that guy with the shitty accent, who plays scarlet witch's brother, even though they were husband and wife in the godzilla movie

Troof

rjv
05-15-2018, 09:38 AM

i think there was a retcon where scarlet witch sleeps with her brother (quicksilver).

redzero
05-15-2018, 05:46 PM
The First Avenger fell apart in its second half. It became WWII for babies.

spurraider21
05-15-2018, 05:57 PM
its marvel comics, not saving private ryan :lol

cd021
05-16-2018, 06:34 AM

Only real criticism is that they never actually showed how he learned how to fight like he does, in TFA or TWS.

Xevious
05-16-2018, 07:54 AM
Only real criticism is that they never actually showed how he learned how to fight like he does, in TFA or TWS.

That, and it devolved into a clip show after Cap formed his team. Him plus a handful of normal dudes were just running around taking out Hydra bases without any real explanation on how they were doing it.

I really like the first half of TFA, the sexond half just feels lazy.

cd021
05-16-2018, 08:22 AM
That, and it devolved into a clip show after Cap formed his team. Him plus a handful of normal dudes were just running around taking out Hydra bases without any real explanation on how they were doing it.

pretty fair tbhr, also it kinda annoyed me that he could jump like eight feet in the air (during the chase scene) but they really haven't shown that in any other movie. He pretty much is just a peak athlete with a shield and can fight his ass off, I prefer that version more to the super Mario version.

Blake
05-16-2018, 09:45 AM

Concur

rjv
05-16-2018, 01:32 PM
the main thing i got out of TFA was just the background to the character of rogers.

spurraider21
05-16-2018, 01:58 PM
pretty fair tbhr, also it kinda annoyed me that he could jump like eight feet in the air (during the chase scene) but they really haven't shown that in any other movie. He pretty much is just a peak athlete with a shield and can fight his ass off, I prefer that version more to the super Mario version.
i dont know... they've been pretty inconsistent with his abilities. in civil war he was able to prevent a helicopter from taking off, and in winter soldier we was lapping falcon at an inhuman rate, and supposedly ran 13 miles in 30 minutes. the current world record for a single mile is about 3:45. that puts him at an average of about 2:20 per mile... not to mention running them consecutively.

he sent a guy flying by kicking a truck :lol https://gfycat.com/WelltodoGratefulHuemul
and hurled his motorcycle :lol https://gfycat.com/ConventionalWearyChimpanzee
of course there was the punching bag https://gfycat.com/ShadyZanyHoopoe
and punching through submarine glass while underwater https://gfycat.com/CreepyWelloffKinkajou

is surviving this merely peak human? nah... https://gfycat.com/FondFlippantAustraliancurlew

Pavlov
05-16-2018, 02:40 PM
i dont know... they've been pretty inconsistent with his abilities. in civil war he was able to prevent a helicopter from taking off, and in winter soldier we was lapping falcon at an inhuman rate, and supposedly ran 13 miles in 30 minutes. the current world record for a single mile is about 3:45. that puts him at an average of about 2:20 per mile... not to mention running them consecutively.

he sent a guy flying by kicking a truck :lol https://gfycat.com/WelltodoGratefulHuemul
and hurled his motorcycle :lol https://gfycat.com/ConventionalWearyChimpanzee
of course there was the punching bag https://gfycat.com/ShadyZanyHoopoe
and punching through submarine glass while underwater https://gfycat.com/CreepyWelloffKinkajou

is surviving this merely peak human? nah... https://gfycat.com/FondFlippantAustraliancurlewYeah, dude jumped out of an airplane into the ocean without a parachute and survived what had to be a 15-story fall onto solid pavement by landing on his shield without so much as dislocating his shoulder. I think I remember reading Chris Evans urged the Russos to expand Cap's powers in TWS. Since we got two iconic maximum effort scenes out of it -- the helicopter and Thanos' hand -- it was a good call.

spurraider21
05-16-2018, 02:42 PM
Yeah, dude jumped out of an airplane into the ocean without a parachute and survived what had to be a 15-story fall onto solid pavement by landing on his shield without so much as dislocating his shoulder. I think I remember reading Chris Evans urged the Russos to expand Cap's powers in TWS. Since we got two iconic maximum effort scenes out of it -- the helicopter and Thanos' hand -- it was a good call.
the thanos hand scene ended up being much less climactic than the trailers let on

still think his best moment was nudging mjolnir (though vision picking it up kinda ruined it :lol)

RsxPiimp
05-16-2018, 02:43 PM
how was groot able to pick up storm breaker? isnt it the same as mjolnir?

Pavlov
05-16-2018, 02:52 PM
the thanos hand scene ended up being much less climactic than the trailers let onWas better than the comics where Thanos bitch slaps him to death.

still think his best moment was nudging mjolnir (though vision picking it up kinda ruined it :lol)Yeah, I think he just gave up on purpose.

cd021
05-16-2018, 02:58 PM
I forgot he threw a motorcycle :lol

He has super human strength and endurance, for sure, even speed on occasion but him jumping was really only in that one chase scene.

And they still never explained how he learned to fight but I am willing to overlook it because he is such a badass

cd021
05-16-2018, 02:59 PM
the thanos hand scene ended up being much less climactic than the trailers let on

still think his best moment was nudging mjolnir (though vision picking it up kinda ruined it :lol)

That's facial expression in both moments were priceless though :lol

monosylab1k
05-16-2018, 03:00 PM
And yet somehow Rey is an irredeemable Mary Sue :lol

spurraider21
05-16-2018, 03:09 PM
And yet somehow Rey is an irredeemable Mary Sue :lol
https://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/onioncut.gif

monosylab1k
05-16-2018, 03:13 PM
Posted while he’s stroking it to Captain America and defending him from all naysayers :lmao

spurraider21
05-16-2018, 03:14 PM
how was groot able to pick up storm breaker? isnt it the same as mjolnir?
mjolnir was enchanted by odin to carry that worthiness requirement

spurraider21
05-16-2018, 03:16 PM
Posted while he’s stroking it to Captain America and defending him from all naysayers :lmao
nah, i've expressly criticized his shitty role in AIW, and downplayed the thanos hand moment. i admittedly enjoyed The First Avenger more than most, people are free to disagree without me crying about it :lol

you are in an avengers thread semen shielding criticisms of rey from 2015

StrengthAndHonor
05-16-2018, 03:16 PM
I’ll give Russo’s the benefit of a doubt. Leaked photos doesn’t mean much, ditto with trailers. If you remember the AOU trailer, there were scenes from Cap’s era and bits from Black Widow’s Red Room origin. Many people suggested that a time travel was also involved.

spurraider21
05-16-2018, 03:18 PM
maybe it's not "time travel" per se, in that the characters as we know are sent back, but some bullshit about a different dimension/reality based on a message from dr strange

i dno... but they're definitely going to have to undo shit. its not like the remaining guys are gonna head over and beat up thanos

RsxPiimp
05-16-2018, 04:50 PM
mjolnir was enchanted by odin to carry that worthiness requirement

ah yeah, totally forgot how the hammer was given to him

redzero
05-17-2018, 11:55 AM
its marvel comics, not saving private ryan :lol

I don't need it to be rated R. I would, however, like a WWII movie to not be slapstick bullshit. How was Hydra less intimidating than actual Nazis? That's just stupid. Marvel substituted shittier villains into the story.

rjv
05-17-2018, 12:18 PM
maybe it's not "time travel" per se, in that the characters as we know are sent back, but some bullshit about a different dimension/reality based on a message from dr strange

i dno... but they're definitely going to have to undo shit. its not like the remaining guys are gonna head over and beat up thanos

i still think attention should be paid to antman and wasp this summer, especially if they enter the quantum realm in pursuit of janet van dyne. it is possible that this may be a clue to ant-man's (and wasp's) roles in avengers 4.

spurraider21
05-17-2018, 12:21 PM
I don't need it to be rated R. I would, however, like a WWII movie to not be slapstick bullshit. How was Hydra less intimidating than actual Nazis? That's just stupid. Marvel substituted shittier villains into the story.
hydra is simply part of marvel lore, and red skull is cap's arch nemesis. would make less sense not to have included them as the primary villain. it's a marvel story, not a wwii documentary.

Pavlov
05-17-2018, 12:28 PM
i still think attention should be paid to antman and wasp this summer, especially if they enter the quantum realm in pursuit of janet van dyne. it is possible that this may be a clue to ant-man's (and wasp's) roles in avengers 4.Yeah, it's a great way of not having to deal with the entire MCU cast of characters in both movies. Have a bunch killed off in 3, bring in the ones that haven't been used off the bench for 4 and everyone comes back for a wide shot to end the phase. Ant-Man, Wasp, Hawkeye and maybe Hank should figure into 4 with Captain Marvel.

The fanboy in me thinks they could sneak a Netflix hero cameo somewhere in there, like just have Luke Cage lifting shit off people in the post-snap chaos and saying he can't reach any of his friends to help.

cd021
05-20-2018, 11:20 AM
Yeah, it's a great way of not having to deal with the entire MCU cast of characters in both movies. Have a bunch killed off in 3, bring in the ones that haven't been used off the bench for 4 and everyone comes back for a wide shot to end the phase. Ant-Man, Wasp, Hawkeye and maybe Hank should figure into 4 with Captain Marvel.

The fanboy in me thinks they could sneak a Netflix hero cameo somewhere in there, like just have Luke Cage lifting shit off people in the post-snap chaos and saying he can't reach any of his friends to help.

It's really surprising that they haven't done that yet; they could simply have a brief scene, even as a part a montage where the 4 Defenders help out in the aftermath of the Snappening. Instead, they keep the movies and series' separate with only vague references to the movies. Its annoying, either their in the same universe or not.

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2018, 12:03 PM
click ur fingers once, what happens if u click twice very quick...instead of 50% of universe, 100% death rate?

redzero
05-24-2018, 01:07 AM
hydra is simply part of marvel lore, and red skull is cap's arch nemesis. would make less sense not to have included them as the primary villain. it's a marvel story, not a wwii documentary.

It doesn't have to be a WWII documentary. The movie was bad partially because the villains were bad. Hydra did not mesh with the setting. They weren't intimidating in the slightest.

cd021
05-27-2018, 09:03 AM
After seeing Deadpool 2 interested in how Marvel "integrates" X Force and Deadpool into the MCU.

Probably going to have to start doing 4 movies a year; in a few years, tbh, with X Force probably coming out in 2021 and Dead Pool 3 in 2023 after the merger with X Men and Fantastic 4 probably coming out in 2022 at the earliest.

florige
09-15-2018, 08:21 PM
I was still baffled on how Vision went from being one of the strongest Avengers being able to lift Thor's hammer with ease, to the wussiest Avenger all in a span of one movie. He was pretty much a helpless liability the whole movie.

lefty
09-16-2018, 03:50 PM
I was still baffled on how Vision went from being one of the strongest Avengers being able to lift Thor's hammer with ease, to the wussiest Avenger all in a span of one movie. He was pretty much a helpless liability the whole movie.

Corvus Glaive's weapon is very powerful.
It has different cosmic properties (at least in the comics).

It prevented him from phasing and seriously injured him.

spurraider21
09-16-2018, 04:06 PM
the ease with which he held thor's hammer has nothing to do with his strength tbh

florige
09-16-2018, 07:06 PM
Corvus Glaive's weapon is very powerful.
It has different cosmic properties (at least in the comics).

It prevented him from phasing and seriously injured him.

Okay well that makes sense then. I'm not heavy into the comics so I didn't know.