PDA

View Full Version : Zhaire Smith

duncan2k5
04-27-2018, 02:54 PM
This guy will be a star... If he is available, we need to pick him up... He is not too raw, and can be an impact player on the wing alongside Kawhi from day 1...he is a significant upgrade to Danny

BackHome
04-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Most mocks have us taking him if that means anything.

DontStopBelieving
04-27-2018, 03:05 PM
I’m all for this

superbigtime
04-27-2018, 03:06 PM
done with guys w weird names

exstatic
04-27-2018, 03:30 PM

Especially if they contain an 'a', an 'h', and an 'i'.

What's his uncle like?

TheGreatYacht
04-27-2018, 03:38 PM
Nah.

superbigtime
04-27-2018, 03:38 PM
Especially if they contain an 'a', an 'h', and an 'i'.

What's his uncle like?

Ha, jk I don't know a thing about him, just being flippant.

Dingle Barry
04-27-2018, 04:50 PM

That eliminates most black dudes.

sasaint
04-27-2018, 07:01 PM
i watched almost all of Zhaire's games this season. I think he should go back to college for a year. i think he is a great talent, but still pretty raw. A year in college where he was The Man would be a boon to him, give him some swag that he didn't really show last year.

Mr. Body
04-27-2018, 07:24 PM
i watched almost all of Zhaire's games this season. I think he should go back to college for a year. i think he is a great talent, but still pretty raw. A year in college where he was The Man would be a boon to him, give him some swag that he didn't really show last year.

Well, he's not going back to college. I'd definitely grab him if he's still there. His tools and motor are very good.

Brunodf
04-27-2018, 07:25 PM
Hope not but another guard that can't shoot would " make sense " for the Spurs to pick

sasaint
04-27-2018, 07:37 PM
Well, he's not going back to college. I'd definitely grab him if he's still there. His tools and motor are very good.

I strongly doubt he returns to college, but I don't think he has hired an agent. Pop would bury a guy like Zhaire in the G-League for 2 years.

Don't get me wrong I really love Zhaire, and I hope he makes it big both for himself and for Texas Tech, but as a Spurs fan I really want more immediate help. Plus with all the holes the Spurs need to plug, I just have doubts that Zhaire is the way for them to go. Unfortunately, the most NBA-ready player in the draft would be buried in the G-League by Pop for at least 1 year.

Mr. Body
04-27-2018, 07:57 PM
If Danny is gone, then there is a lot of playing time available at the 2.

Bill_Brasky
04-27-2018, 09:18 PM
Hes stupid athletic. I'd easily take.

south side spur
04-27-2018, 09:35 PM
Hope not but another guard that can't shoot would " make sense " for the Spurs to pick

He shot 57% from the field 45% from 3. Maybe actually do some research first.

Ice009
04-27-2018, 10:08 PM

I know nothing about this guy. Those percentages seem insane, especially if he's super athletic. Where is he projected to be picked?

Also, for that FG%, did he shoot many jumpers, or was most of his scoring at the rim or close to the basket? What sample size is that 3P%?

Brunodf
04-27-2018, 10:21 PM

I think you're trolling but I will answer this time : he did, so why didn't he average 25-30ppg if he was that good of a shooter? Why only 7 fga/game ( one from 3pt)?

Any well informed basketball fan knows to take those college % numbers with a grain of salt, Lonzo Ball shot 55%/41% from 3 in 9fga and look how well that turned in the NBA.

College defenses in general are garbage compared to the NBA, if you watched any of his games you would know that most of his shots are wide open or at the rim.

Also his shooting mechanic is bad.

Snaq O'Meal
04-27-2018, 10:36 PM
:pop: "He's got a 45" vertical. Pass."

sasaint
04-27-2018, 11:27 PM
I think you're trolling but I will answer this time : he did, so why didn't he average 25-30ppg if he was that good of a shooter? Why only 7 fga/game ( one from 3pt)?

Any well informed basketball fan knows to take those college % numbers with a grain of salt, Lonzo Ball shot 55%/41% from 3 in 9fga and look how well that turned in the NBA.

College defenses in general are garbage compared to the NBA, if you watched any of his games you would know that most of his shots are wide open or at the rim.

Yes, he athletic but raw. He played second banana to Tech's senior PG, Keenan Evans (himself, an NBA prospect). That's why his numbers are so low, and why he really needs another season in college - develop more polish and more swag as The Man.

Boomersgold
04-27-2018, 11:30 PM

Averaging half a three a game. Not a three point threat

Brunodf
04-27-2018, 11:33 PM
Yes, he athletic but raw. He played second banana to Tech's senior PG, Keenan Evans (himself, an NBA prospect). That's why his numbers are so low, and why he really needs another season in college - develop more polish and more swag as The Man.
Yeah, looks like Keenan will fall to the 2nd round, if the Spurs get rid of Mills or Tony he wouldn't be a bad choice tbh

He is a SG on a PG body though

sasaint
04-28-2018, 12:17 AM
Yeah, looks like Keenan will fall to the 2nd round, if the Spurs get rid of Mills or Tony he wouldn't be a bad choice tbh

He is a SG on a PG body though

Keenan is definitely a score-first guy. I would really like to see him succeed in the NBA, but I suspect he will spend most of his career overseas. I loved watching him at Tech, but just don't see a guy of his height and slight build staying in the NBA. He is super quick - a little like a young Tony - but he has a better outside stroke than Tony had for quite a few years.

Basically, I wish the Spurs would clean house in the backcourt and say good-bye forever to midgets.

davi78239
04-28-2018, 12:33 AM
I bet they take that Euro they're also tied to instead.

FlAVaK
04-28-2018, 12:48 AM

Putback dunks are not shooting, tbh...

duncan2k5
04-28-2018, 01:51 AM
Remember I said it... He WILL be a beast in the NBA

south side spur
04-28-2018, 02:36 AM

You’re comparing his shot to Lonzo Ball and I’m the one trolling? I didn’t say he was Ray Allen but bad mechanics? You’re reaching.

8FOR!3
04-28-2018, 04:26 PM
I think he goes before we pick. You have the group of however many guys that have high upside and the Bridges brothers and then I think it’d be hard to pass on Zhaire

james evans
04-28-2018, 04:45 PM
That eliminates most black dudes.

uhh that's what he mean in a subtle way as if most of us are stupid

phxspurfan
04-28-2018, 06:36 PM

Indeed. Gimme a Mike Jones over a Kawhi, Daaahvis, DeJshawnunte, Tiago, Beano etc.

...unless we can get an Antetonkoumpo

TheDoctor
04-28-2018, 07:01 PM
He plays another year in College he aint gonna be a Spur. I don't think the Spurs are going to pick near the lottery again in some time. I'm taking for granted that Kawhi is back.

I mean if he's good. I don't know anything about this dude.