PDA

View Full Version : Bucks: Poor Greek Freak

Caltex2
04-29-2018, 03:17 AM
He's stuck with the Bucks. The Bucks are a better franchise than you think historically but for the last 25 or so years? Better than you think but never a contender (well, except one ECF) and a small, cold winter market. Send him to New York or LA or almost anywhere.

sickdsm
04-29-2018, 11:48 AM
He's stuck with the Bucks. The Bucks are a better franchise than you think historically but for the last 25 or so years? Better than you think but never a contender (well, except one ECF) and a small, cold winter market. Send him to New York or LA or almost anywhere.

TBH that's one reason football is so great. If you don't have warm weather, huge market or no income tax state it's tough to make a dynasty. No way a franchise like the Packers are successful in MLB or NBA.

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Giannis is currently the loveable superstar with no help, fans feel for him..however, if he joins a better team with a superior supporting cast, everybody will hate him:lol NBA fans..

Spurtacular
04-29-2018, 06:55 PM
Giannis is currently the loveable superstar with no help, fans feel for him..however, if he joins a better team with a superior supporting cast, everybody will hate him:lol NBA fans..

I agree. Poor Lebron and KD. :depressed

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2018, 06:56 PM
I agree. Poor Lebron and KD. :depressed

It's not just them..off the top of my head, KG was beloved by everybody other than Spurs fans while he was in Minnesota..once he joined Boston, he was probably the most hated player in the NBA..

It's pretty standard and stupid..fans want players to remain in their small markets, yet will eventually criticize them for not winning championships with bad supporting casts..

Caltex2
04-29-2018, 09:50 PM
TBH that's one reason football is so great. If you don't have warm weather, huge market or no income tax state it's tough to make a dynasty. No way a franchise like the Packers are successful in MLB or NBA.

The Packers would be AA in baseball's structure. A Green Bay team could win an NBA title in basketball, they just couldn't stay competitive for long because of the luxury tax.

Spurs da champs
04-29-2018, 10:02 PM
Overrated, tbh.

sickdsm
04-29-2018, 11:54 PM
The Packers would be AA in baseball's structure. A Green Bay team could win an NBA title in basketball, they just couldn't stay competitive for long because of the luxury tax.

Yes, any team CAN win a title. Rookie contracts, etc...

NFL for some reason has the only structure that works, (not familiar with NHL) Cleveland will never see another superstar like LeBron. Lakers can be as shitty as they are and still able to snag top five players.

05-01-2018, 02:11 PM

Kinda reminds me of Kevin Garnett in Minnesota about 15-20 years ago where they had solid regular season records, but didn't have enough of a supporting cast to get past the first round of the playoffs.

Will Hunting
05-01-2018, 02:59 PM
It's not just them..off the top of my head, KG was beloved by everybody other than Spurs fans while he was in Minnesota..once he joined Boston, he was probably the most hated player in the NBA..

It's pretty standard and stupid..fans want players to remain in their small markets, yet will eventually criticize them for not winning championships with bad supporting casts..
The list is endless :lol

Chris Bosh on the Raptors was one of the most liked players in basketball but became maybe the most hated on the Heat :lol

Mikeanaro
05-01-2018, 03:45 PM
ANTETOCULO.

phxspurfan
05-01-2018, 06:36 PM

Average careers in football are like 3 years too. So high impact rookies are super valuable (like RBs and WRs). So there can be a ton of parity every 2-3 years or so

in2deep
05-01-2018, 11:26 PM
overrated monkee baller

ElNono
05-02-2018, 05:21 AM

He's the modern day Timberwolves KG, tbh

EDIT: beat me to it

ElNono
05-02-2018, 05:23 AM
Lebron at least went back to the Cavs and won them a championship, tbh...

Kawhitstorm
05-04-2018, 12:33 AM
He's the modern day Timberwolves KG, tbh

EDIT: beat me to it

KG has the best adjusted (for teammates) +/- in NBA history ('03-'04). Giannis meanwhile was riding Middleton's coattails in the playoffs. The one season KG had a boarder-line all-star (Cassell), he went to the Conference Finals & would have made it to the Finals if Cassell didn't get injured.

Giannis is more like Grant Hill in Detroit....