PDA

View Full Version : New Manu Article On "La Nacion" 04/28/2018

From Downtown
04-29-2018, 11:38 AM
https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2130051-la-columna-de-manu-en-lo-individual-me-fue-mejor-de-lo-que-esperaba

I don't speak Spanish so I won't even attempt to translate it but I was able to understand most things so I'll give you a little summary of the article

He basically says Spurs were disappointed finding themselves fighting for a playoff spot coming from a 67 wins season last year, but they had to deal with stuff they weren't used to this year, still he believes they could have had a better season and Kawhi's absence can't be used as an excuse or as the only reason it all went the way it went
As for the series against the Warriors he talks about how for them missing Curry wasn't the same about the Spurs missing Kawhi because they have more alternatives, then he says Spurs a good game 2 and were disappointed they couldn't get a win despite playing well, then going down 3-0 they knew they had very few chances, but played great in Game 4 and had an acceptable Game 5
A lot was said about him throwing the ball up in the air at the end of Game 5 but he was frustrated with the way it ended, his turnover and Durant's shot, they all believed they could've won it
The team had to rely on him much more than last year because of injuries, he expected to have a smaller role when he decided to come back and is quite satisfied with the way he played and was up to the challenge because he had lower expectations
Physically he had minor problems during the playoffs, a few hits and some Achilles tendon pain, but overall he felt good and didn't struggle throughout the season, that was his main concern
He still doesn't know what to do with retirement, the situation is not different from what it was the last few years, he'll see how he feels mentally and physically in a couple of months
He won't follow the rest of the playoffs closely but he supports Phila and GSW because of his friendship with the two headcoaches and because he loves the way Golden State, especially Curry, Thompson and Durant, play

MultiTroll
04-29-2018, 12:02 PM
He won't follow the rest of the playoffs closely but he supports GSW because of his friendship with the two headcoaches and because he loves the way Golden State, especially Curry, Thompson and Durant, play
not dead to me because of Manus overall body of work but fark, how disappointing to hear he respects those phaggots game.

BSfromTX
04-29-2018, 12:52 PM
not dead to me because of Manus overall body of work but fark, how disappointing to hear he respects those phaggots game.

Probably because theyre not hiding out in NY during playoffs

TheDoctor
04-29-2018, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the recap OP :tu

Seventyniner
04-29-2018, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the recap OP :tu

spurs10
04-29-2018, 02:56 PM
Please note that he 'won't be watching' because he knows how boring it will be. Manu is a gentleman and friends with Steve Kerr and all of them are thinking of Pop and his family right now. The lack of parity in the NBA doesn't mean a lot in the big picture.

BillMc
04-29-2018, 03:29 PM
What percentage chance do you guys have that Manu comes back?

ElNono
04-29-2018, 03:37 PM
As long as he's back before Kawhi, tbh...

spurs10
04-29-2018, 03:48 PM
What percentage chance do you guys have that Manu comes back? That's a tough one. I'd think that he played the whole season without a significant injury might be a positive sign. He was a much bigger part of the team than he expected to be and handled it well. With either Kawhi back or a significant trade, I believe the former, it will likely be a season more like he thought this year would be like. Finding someone off the bench that can bring what he does will not be easy, so I'm hoping he comes back. He was the main reason I went to the playoffs.

ducks
04-29-2018, 03:55 PM
I think he sees who spurs have on roaster in 2-3 months then if he thinks they have a chance he play
He does not want such a larger role next year

SAGirl
04-29-2018, 06:03 PM

More likely than not IMO, which is as good of a % as he had last season.

I thought Kiwi hurt and that uncertainty would dampen his spirit but he's very zen about the whole thing without referencing it directly.

I got the impression so long as he's healthy and physically not getting too beat up or broken down he will be back. He's physically feeling fine and he mentioned that outside of a hamstring issue that had him out for 6 games, the rest of the season he was healthy and feeling fine. He also surpassed his own expectations for this season because he expected to have a much smaller role than he ended up having and is happy with his individual performance. I

Not in his essay, but I also think his teammates want him back big time which has got to have an influence in him mentally.

It really sounds to me like he could easily be back.

He also wasn't so that dispirited about the end of the season losses or the struggles this year... My impression of course.

TheDoctor
04-29-2018, 09:23 PM

70%

tholdren
04-29-2018, 11:39 PM
Like i said, real spurs fans wont watch the rest of the playoffs

gospursgojas
04-30-2018, 03:00 AM
Please note that he 'won't be watching' because he knows how boring it will be. Manu is a gentleman and friends with Steve Kerr and all of them are thinking of Pop and his family right now. The lack of parity in the NBA doesn't mean a lot in the big picture.

Lack of parity indeed. Watched the game 1’s of both WC semis this weekend and all I could think was “I remember the second round being at least a little competitive”. It might as well be another round of 1 vs 8 seeds. Won’t be watching anymore. NBA is a avg fan league now.

MultiTroll
04-30-2018, 03:41 AM
99%
Had too good of a season. No reason to think he cannot repeat that, especially with less minutes.
(I mean who the hell knows how CIA Popped will dole out the minutes, but it seems assured Manus 2018-19 will go down even if very slightly down.)

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-30-2018, 09:36 AM

When I was playing competitively, if we lost in the playoffs I always wanted the team that knocked us out to win the championship because it seemed to soften the sting of losing a bit if no one else could beat that team either.

I’ve seen Spurs players do that a lot through the years too. Probably all that is with Manu.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-30-2018, 09:38 AM
99%
Had too good of a season. No reason to think he cannot repeat that, especially with less minutes.
(I mean who the hell knows how CIA Popped will dole out the minutes, but it seems assured Manus 2018-19 will go down even if very slightly down.)

I’d agree. He’s too competitive to hang them up after playing this well. I’ll say 90%.