PDA

View Full Version : Let's say the friction between Kawhi/Spurs was just a misunderstanding

Chef Curry
04-29-2018, 09:57 PM
... blown out of proportion by the media.

Kawhi gets his supermax deal, comes back next season in black and silver. BOOM... Reinjures his quad or suffers any other random injury. Decides he doesn't want to play, even though he's been cleared to do so. Sits out for another long period of time while being paid huge sums of money. What happens then?

ECOV
04-29-2018, 10:03 PM

Kawhi gets his supermax deal, comes back next season in black and silver. BOOM... Reinjures his quad or suffers any other random injury. Decides he doesn't want to play, even though he's been cleared to do so. Sits out for another long period of time while being paid huge sums of money. What happens then?
idk guess we will see what happens next season

Arcadian
04-29-2018, 10:05 PM
...well that didn't go where I thought it was going :lol

I thought you were going to ask what happens if he stays healthy and returns to MVP level...but if he just gets hurt again, then we're merely back to square one.

baseline bum
04-29-2018, 10:07 PM
OP goes back and fucks his mother some more most likely

Floyd Pacquiao
04-29-2018, 10:15 PM
Trade him now for anything. Hope LeBron signs for the max.

FireMicoHalili
04-29-2018, 10:37 PM
Is this what men in your country do? Talk like an absolute inbred? :lol

tholdren
04-29-2018, 11:35 PM

What do you think?

Slippy
04-30-2018, 12:45 AM

I thought you were going to ask what happens if he stays healthy and returns to MVP level...but if he just gets hurt again, then we're merely back to square one.

That square one aint worth it. Spurs im sure are thinking the same

Chef Curry
04-30-2018, 01:52 AM
What do you think?

I say trade him. If you keep him might as well give up the whole fucking thing, just hand Kiwi the keys to the arena and ownership of the team.

If you take him back and give him a supermax deal on top of that, you're enabling his actions. He can do whatever he wants, on company time and with no repercussions, the interests and saying of the team be damned. Spurs leaving themselves open for the same shit to happen again tbh.

Isitjustme?
04-30-2018, 01:56 AM

:lmao

Chef Curry
04-30-2018, 02:17 AM
It's like taking back a cheating bitch. The relationship is never gonna be the same and she'll most likely cheat again.

gospursgojas
04-30-2018, 02:55 AM
When the hypothetical injury occurs he’ll prob wanna get second opinions, use his own doctors, keep spurs in dark, etc all over again.

Trade him. Can’t trust kawhitter.

Raven
04-30-2018, 04:26 AM
we get a disabled player exception.

Slippy
04-30-2018, 05:08 AM
When the hypothetical injury occurs he’ll prob wanna get second opinions, use his own doctors, keep spurs in dark, etc all over again.

Trade him. Can’t trust kawhitter.

Yah thats why getting an injury exception cant be that simple. Also look at the timeframe his second opinion doc gave him. March but that never eventuated. Who rules he is officially out & how can you set recovery time on this type of injury to qualify for that exception ?

boutons_deux
04-30-2018, 06:45 AM
Let's say there's no friction except between x-ray vision, mind-reading STalkers and KL

Seventyniner
04-30-2018, 09:06 AM

Consider the source.

duncan2k5
04-30-2018, 09:55 AM
Or... What if we trade him... He bears for another team... Wins mvp... And the person we traded for gets a career ending injury? Since we are into random scenarios

BackHome
04-30-2018, 01:35 PM
It's like taking back a cheating bitch. The relationship is never gonna be the same and she'll most likely cheat again.

Damn Ain’t That The Truth!

SnakeBoy
04-30-2018, 05:32 PM
Or... What if we trade him... He bears for another team... Wins mvp... And the person we traded for gets a career ending injury? Since we are into random scenarios

and then we win the lottery and draft what the greatest player ever who leads the Spurs to 15 straight championships.

What happens then?

Pauleta14
04-30-2018, 07:56 PM
I say trade him. If you keep him might as well give up the whole fucking thing, just hand Kiwi the keys to the arena and ownership of the team.

If you take him back and give him a supermax deal on top of that, you're enabling his actions. He can do whatever he wants, on company time and with no repercussions, the interests and saying of the team be damned. Spurs leaving themselves open for the same shit to happen again tbh.

Except if there's a no trade clause, the Spurs can still get rid of him later... and get more in exchange thx to his new deal...

Spurtacular
04-30-2018, 11:39 PM

ST'ers sync up their periods, tbh.

DMC
05-01-2018, 01:27 AM
You have a misunderstanding for a few days until you can reach out and make contact. You don't have a season long misunderstanding.

DMC
05-01-2018, 01:28 AM

Doesn't matter. Some things you just don't do.

DMC
05-01-2018, 01:31 AM

You'd like to have him on the Lakers, I'm sure.

alpha_HaZE
05-01-2018, 02:04 AM
I tent to believe the big picture ESPN gives, but not the details. They tend to blow things out proportion, that's true. However, they are usually correct. For example, they were correct that LA wanted to be traded, but it's not that Pop fed up and/or LA childish acting childish. It was quite the opposite.

So, I believe there is an issue going on here and Bill Simmons touched at the beginning of the season when he questioned the Spurs for not holding anyone from their medical staff acountable for Kawhi's misdiagnosis. Boston, fired all of theirs! To me that means, he saw this Kawhi-saga long before anyone else did.

Manu, during the pre-season, said; "We haven't seen Kawhi, he doesn't practice with the team". When Tony was going 5 on 5 on his way back to the court said; "I forgot he [Kawhi] was that good" and that "I palyed against him [Kawhi], he looks really good."

Feelings that were shared again later in the season and were a much bigger deal as we all remember.

Kawhi came back, injured himself again and decided not to risk it again. And that might lead you to believe that the friction between Kawhi and the Spurs was merely a misunderstanding but I disagree.

I believe that there was friction during the off-season;

1. there was the misdiagnosis of the injury
2. he played injured last year and did not want to do it again. Esp if certain opponents were to go after his legs.
3. spurs chose to become quite possibly the most unathletic team they ever were.

Dedmon was able to defend (less work for Kawhi) and was one of the best pick n roll bigs. Pau Gasol instead, fits better with LA on Offense and offers litterally no perimeter defense. I understand the reason, for that it wasn't Pau is better, but they valued character. Dedmon apparently got drunk after an NBA playoff game.

Spurs pretty much broke the rules for LA but not for Kawhi. That is consistent with today's ESPN report that Kawhi wants more leeway!

Kawhitstorm
05-01-2018, 02:07 AM
ltf5sPO-y7I

hater
05-01-2018, 07:12 AM

Mute Cancer will NEVER win another MVP

Wake up

The poor bastard cannot even wipe his own ass for christsakes

BSfromTX
05-01-2018, 07:36 AM
When did The Spurs apparently “misdiagnose” his injury? Last year? Last summer? I have yet to see the timeline on that

daslicer
05-01-2018, 12:19 PM
When did The Spurs apparently “misdiagnose” his injury? Last year? Last summer? I have yet to see the timeline on that

The new article by ESPN confirms that they did not misdiagnose the injury. That was random shit the national media made up until today's article came out.

RD2191
05-01-2018, 01:18 PM
The new article by ESPN confirms that they did not misdiagnose the injury. That was random shit the national media made up until today's article came out.

ESPN :lol

spurraider21
05-01-2018, 01:29 PM
ltf5sPO-y7I
he's a better coach than gm