PDA

View Full Version : No Safe Spaces

Nathan89
04-30-2018, 11:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_AyP9SAEJc

This looks like an interesting movie tbh. :corn:

monosylab1k
04-30-2018, 11:46 AM
So what happens to all the snowflake Trump staffers who cried about someone making jokes about them at the correspondents dinner?

boutons_deux
04-30-2018, 11:54 AM
So what happens to all the snowflake Trump staffers who cried about someone making jokes about them at the correspondents dinner?

conservatives forget about political correctness when their team is shit upon. As always, a hypocritical, one-way street.

Pavlov
04-30-2018, 11:56 AM
So what happens to all the snowflake Trump staffers who cried about someone making jokes about them at the correspondents dinner?THAT'S DIFFERENT YOU CAN'T SAY A WOMAN'S EYE SHADOW IS PERFECT MICHELLE WOLFF SHOULD BE IN PRISON

Pavlov
04-30-2018, 12:03 PM
I do think kids can be stupid and go overboard in their protests, but that's what being a kid is. University simply isn't the dystopian hellscape that the film is trying to make it out to be. I thought it was ironic that one dude said victims could never be happy when the whole film is apparently about being victims of the big bad fascist kids.

Nathan89
04-30-2018, 12:03 PM
Although soft to make a big deal about the jokes a comedian made it pales in comparison to the direct threat to free speech on going on elsewhere. Like the video shows it cost $600,000 for security for a conservative to speak on campus. People are starting to compare speech to violence and therefore that justifies physical violence in return. People are increasingly pushing for nonsense hate speech laws. These are direct threats to our country.

Spurminator
04-30-2018, 12:09 PM
I simply don't understand the constant outrage about a school or two to which the outraged would never consider sending their kids anyway. Can you imagine if the liberal media reported on the goings-on at Liberty University or Abilene Christian as frequently as conservative media reports on UC Berkeley?

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 12:10 PM
Don’t know much about carolla but :lol Dennis Prager. I do listen to his radio show in the mornings for some good unintentional comedy

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 12:16 PM

Pavlov
04-30-2018, 12:17 PM
Don’t know much about carolla but :lol Dennis Prager. I do listen to his radio show in the mornings for some good unintentional comedyThe right has been clutching its pearls over scenes from Carolla's old The Man Show with co-host Jimmy Kimmel.

lol

Nathan89
04-30-2018, 12:27 PM
I simply don't understand the constant outrage about a school or two to which the outraged would never consider sending their kids anyway. Can you imagine if the liberal media reported on the goings-on at Liberty University or Abilene Christian as frequently as conservative media reports on UC Berkeley?

Because it's not limited to two schools.

Pavlov
04-30-2018, 12:32 PM
Because it's not limited to two schools.How many schools?

boutons_deux
04-30-2018, 12:39 PM
hey, motherfuckers, Michelle Wolfe "spoke freely" Freedom!

and the right wing hate media, conservatives, Repugs, etc are crucifying her for "free speech" that they don't want to hear

:lol what a bunch of hypocritical wankers

Spurminator
04-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Because it's not limited to two schools.

95% of this stuff goes on at Berkeley and you guys shit yourselves every time there's a protest, as if you were putting away money for Nathan Jr. to go get his Fish & Wildlife Management degree there.

sickdsm
04-30-2018, 07:30 PM

I suppose I could Google those two schools but the point being that the average person probably knows Berkeley but not the other two probably also answers your concerns......

Spurtacular
04-30-2018, 07:34 PM

Go ahead and tell us how fucking stupid your argument is.

Spurtacular
04-30-2018, 07:36 PM
THAT'S DIFFERENT YOU CAN'T SAY A WOMAN'S EYE SHADOW IS PERFECT MICHELLE WOLFF SHOULD BE IN PRISON

Ooo. Caps lock. Your point must be REALLY IMPORTANT.

Spurminator
04-30-2018, 07:43 PM
I suppose I could Google those two schools but the point being that the average person probably knows Berkeley but not the other two probably also answers your concerns......

Not really...........

monosylab1k
04-30-2018, 07:53 PM

Oh hey, Tyler, I’m pretty sure this reply was meant for you.

Go ahead and tell us how fucking stupid your argument is.

sickdsm
04-30-2018, 08:12 PM
Not really...........

Berkeley in the news for trying to reverse a patent on CRISPR. Against MIT and along with Harvard. What is the other two schools currently relevant with that you mentioned?

Your comparing two private (I did Google them) Christian schools to a prestigius public university. Tell me again how that's in anyway a valid comparison?

Spurminator
04-30-2018, 08:25 PM
Berkeley in the news for trying to reverse a patent on CRISPR. Against MIT and along with Harvard. What is the other two schools currently relevant with that you mentioned?

Your comparing two private (I did Google them) Christian schools to a prestigius public university. Tell me again how that's in anyway a valid comparison?

What does CRISPR have to do with the safe space conversation in this thread? Seems like you just Googled Berkeley too... :lol

The public's awareness of each university has nothing to do with it. Rest assured if CNN was covering protests on Liberty's campus every month, more people would have heard of it. That's the point.

Pavlov
04-30-2018, 09:00 PM
Ooo. Caps lock. Your point must be REALLY IMPORTANT.It's sarcastic.

lol you didn't get it.

Pavlov
04-30-2018, 09:01 PM

Your comparing two private (I did Google them) Christian schools to a prestigius public university. Tell me again how that's in anyway a valid comparison?So Berkeley's still an awesome school.

ElNono
04-30-2018, 10:21 PM
Although soft to make a big deal about the jokes a comedian made it pales in comparison to the direct threat to free speech on going on elsewhere. Like the video shows it cost $600,000 for security for a conservative to speak on campus. People are starting to compare speech to violence and therefore that justifies physical violence in return. People are increasingly pushing for nonsense hate speech laws. These are direct threats to our country.

Conservatives (and Liberals) can make YouTubes... it's free and anybody can watch... there, free speech problem fixed...

Spurtacular
04-30-2018, 10:24 PM
Oh hey, Tyler, I’m pretty sure this reply was meant for you.

It was meant for you, slob. Tell us how fucking stupid post #2 was.

Chris
04-30-2018, 11:09 PM

monosylab1k
04-30-2018, 11:10 PM
It was meant for you, slob. Tell us how fucking stupid post #2 was.

It wasn’t. Tell us how fucking stupid you are - oh wait, you just did

Spurtacular
04-30-2018, 11:16 PM
It wasn’t. Tell us how fucking stupid you are - oh wait, you just did

So, you think Trump was trying to violate free speech by criticizing the correspondents dinner?

:lmao Today's dumbfuck slob

AaronY
04-30-2018, 11:34 PM
"Donald Trump: The Campus Free-Speech Crisis Is ‘Highly Overblown’"
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/trump-the-campus-free-speech-crisis-is-highly-overblown.html

:lmao :rollin

Nathan89
04-30-2018, 11:36 PM
Conservatives (and Liberals) can make YouTubes... it's free and anybody can watch... there, free speech problem fixed...

Free speech isn't for some corner of the internet. The reason they freak out on college campuses is their groupthink bubble is being penetrated. That's a good thing. These mobs need to be shamed into extinction. Not some bullshit solution for a video on YouTube. A solution that involves a platform where free speech doesn't even exist.

Pavlov
04-30-2018, 11:44 PM
Free speech isn't for some corner of the internet. The reason they freak out on college campuses is their groupthink bubble is being penetrated. That's a good thing. These mobs need to be shamed into extinction. Not some bullshit solution for a video on YouTube. A solution that involves a platform where free speech doesn't even exist.Yeah, the YouTube you posted showed us that.

Nathan89
04-30-2018, 11:48 PM
"Donald Trump: The Campus Free-Speech Crisis Is ‘Highly Overblown’"
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/trump-the-campus-free-speech-crisis-is-highly-overblown.html

:lmao :rollin

This would matter to those that agree with everything he says.

Even in that case one can easily argue the motive for saying that. One could easily interpret his intentions as trying to encourage his supporters. He says that he thinks he has a majority of support. That's not the case. So one may think he is trying to minimize the threat at the same time project strength for his supporters. That is motivating.

Or you can take it at face value.

Nathan89
04-30-2018, 11:49 PM
Yeah, the YouTube you posted showed us that.

Showed us what?

Pavlov
04-30-2018, 11:52 PM
Showed us what?That there's no free speech on YouTube.

AaronY
04-30-2018, 11:55 PM

Even in that case one can easily argue the motive for saying that. One could easily interpret his intentions as trying to encourage his supporters. He says that he thinks he has a majority of support. That's not the case. So one may think he is trying to minimize the threat at the same time project strength for his supporters. That is motivating.

The least free thinking person on the face chiming in :lol

Regurgitate more right wing talking points now that you've run out of Bernie Bro ones you dumb dry dick loser

AaronY
05-01-2018, 12:00 AM
Lmao "Hey Guys. I have some new thoughts of my own!"

"I think maybe conservatives are not getting a fair shake on campus. New take here but been researching this and my findings would be huge if true!"

"Fresh Topic with original ideas alert!"

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 12:06 AM
That there's no free speech on YouTube.

There isn't free speech on YouTube. That doesn't mean they will block everything or anything but the can. Therefore it's idiotic to suggest a platform where free speech is at the discretion of a company as a place to act on your rights.

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 12:06 AM
:wakeup

Pavlov
05-01-2018, 12:07 AM
There isn't free speech on YouTube. That doesn't mean they will block everything or anything but the can. Therefore it's idiotic to suggest a platform where free speech is at the discretion of a company as a place to act on your rights.What would they block?

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 12:08 AM
What would they block?

They can block anything they want.

Isitjustme?
05-01-2018, 12:09 AM
The least free thinking person on the face chiming in :lol

Regurgitate more right wing talking points now that you've run out of Bernie Bro ones you dumb dry dick loser

:lmao

Pavlov
05-01-2018, 12:10 AM
They can block anything they want.What do they want to block?

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 12:11 AM
Even if they didn't block anything the idea is still awful. I'm just pointing out why it's really a terrible idea.

Pavlov
05-01-2018, 12:14 AM
Even if they didn't block anything the idea is still awful. I'm just pointing out why it's really a terrible idea.Still trying to figure out your demands here.

What are you calling for?

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 12:18 AM
Uses a statement at face value.
Gets it explained to him.
Proceeds with useless insults out of insecurity.

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 12:20 AM
So, you think Trump was trying to violate free speech by criticizing the correspondents dinner?

:lmao Today's dumbfuck slob

Free speech isn’t being violated on college campuses either :lmao re-read the 1st Amendment you dipshit.

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 12:21 AM
Still trying to figure out your demands here.

What are you calling for?

I was pointing out the stupidity of suggesting YouTube as the place for free speech. Free speech isn't for some corner of the internet.

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 12:21 AM
Even if they didn't block anything the idea is still awful. I'm just pointing out why it's really a terrible idea.

But then during the primaries you had the opposite view :lmao

AaronY
05-01-2018, 12:22 AM
Free speech isn’t being violated on college campuses either :lmao re-read the 1st Amendment you dipshit.
Victimhood is so inherent in the modern Trumptard mentality. Everything from the news to colleges to Hollywood is conspiring to ruin their lives and putting them under attack.

Then without irony they complaint about the left being victims :lol

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 12:24 AM
But then during the primaries you had the opposite view :lmao

False.

Pavlov
05-01-2018, 12:25 AM
I was pointing out the stupidity of suggesting YouTube as the place for free speech. Free speech isn't for some corner of the internet.In this thread. What are you calling for?

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 12:32 AM
In this thread. What are you calling for?

Recognition of a growing cancer is the reason I posted this.

Pavlov
05-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Recognition of a growing cancer is the reason I posted this.But do nothing.

A real man of action you are.

AaronY
05-01-2018, 12:37 AM
Recognition of a growing cancer is the reason I posted this.
Either that or wallowing in victimhood like a whiny little bitch per/par

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 12:42 AM
But do nothing.

A real man of action you are.

This is a culture problem. I merely want more people to recognize the issue and that it's toxic to our country. The solution for damn sure isn't suggesting that people just post their content on YouTube.

Other than that the only thing to do is for colleges and police to actually punish people when they break rules or laws.

Pavlov
05-01-2018, 12:43 AM
This is a culture problem. I merely want more people to recognize the issue and that it's toxic to our country. The solution for damn sure isn't suggesting that people just post their content on YouTube.

Other than that the only thing to do is for colleges and police to actually punish people when they break rules or laws.But what is your idea of free speech on campus?

DMC
05-01-2018, 12:58 AM
Who fucking cares. No one here is going to Berkeley.

ElNono
05-01-2018, 05:36 AM
Free speech isn't for some corner of the internet. The reason they freak out on college campuses is their groupthink bubble is being penetrated. That's a good thing. These mobs need to be shamed into extinction. Not some bullshit solution for a video on YouTube. A solution that involves a platform where free speech doesn't even exist.

Actually, YouTube is as free speech as it gets, plus you get the snowflake safe space (you could even turn off comments)... There's no guarantees on the first amendment as to the venue(s) where you might exercise your right. There's also absolutely no reason why some other people that disagree can't exercise their right to free speech to protest your opinion. And rightly so, tbh

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 08:19 AM
Their free speech regularly involves invading the venue and causing disruptions to the event. It involves blocking doorways. As well as other illgal activity. Schools need to suspend and police need to arrest.

DarrinS
05-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Micro aggressions, trigger warnings, safe spaces, cultural appropriation, and 50+ gender pronouns don’t exist because of conservatives. But, nice effort to flip the script. I’d be embarrassed of that shit, too. Good day, snowflakes! :lmao

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Micro aggressions, trigger warnings, safe spaces, cultural appropriation, and 50+ gender pronouns don’t exist because of conservatives. But, nice effort to flip the script. I’d be embarrassed of that shit, too. Good day, snowflakes! :lmao

:lmao midlife crisis snowflake triggered by teenagers

DarrinS
05-01-2018, 08:35 AM
:lmao midlife crisis snowflake triggered by teenagers

And yet, I’m not afraid of Halloween costumes. :lmao

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 08:36 AM
And yet, I’m not afraid of Halloween costumes. :lmao

:lmao obsessing over what teenagers do

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 08:47 AM

This is my comment pertaining to that other thread.

Spurminator
05-01-2018, 09:24 AM

It makes it easier for you to presume that those things are widespread issues because they have names. Despite 95% of college students never discussing safe spaces or microaggressions, and despite the fact that many who do discuss those things also think they're ridiculous, you read an article or some far-left column and from your little antisocial bubble you assume it's happening everywhere. It's incredibly dumb.

Meanwhile conservatives literally legislate against things that offend them, like gay marriage, anti-obscenity legislation, etc. The still-ongoing reaction to Colin Kaepernick has been much more widespread among conservatives than all of those things combined. You would rather focus on funny buzzwords that very few people in the real world concern themselves with.

Find one post on this forum where a liberal advocates for safe spaces. One.

Conservatism at its core is resistance to change. You flip out so much at the idea of progress that you elect retarded reality TV hosts to the highest office in the land.

spurraider21
05-01-2018, 09:31 AM
It makes it easier for you to presume that those things are widespread issues because they have names. Despite 95% of college students never discussing safe spaces or microaggressions, and despite the fact that many who do discuss those things also think they're ridiculous, you read an article or some far-left column and from your little antisocial bubble you assume it's happening everywhere. It's incredibly dumb.

Meanwhile conservatives literally legislate against things that offend them, like gay marriage, anti-obscenity legislation, etc. The still-ongoing reaction to Colin Kaepernick has been much more widespread among conservatives than all of those things combined. You would rather focus on funny buzzwords that very few people in the real world concern themselves with.

Conservatism at its core is resistance to change. You flip out so much at the idea of progress that you elect retarded reality TV hosts to the highest office in the land.
Lol tide pods

monosylab1k
05-01-2018, 09:56 AM

screaming liberal snowflake jpeg used as proof incoming

RandomGuy
05-01-2018, 01:22 PM

"People" like the president, who has railed against "fake news", called the media "enemy of the people", pushed for harsher libel laws so he can sue people like some penny ante dictator, said some journalists should be in prison?

The threat seems pretty obvious to me, but it isn't your preferred narrative.

RandomGuy
05-01-2018, 01:23 PM

Darrin, like most conservatives, is pretty much committed to his strawmen. Good luck piercing that viel of delusion with the spear of reality.

sickdsm
05-01-2018, 01:50 PM
What does CRISPR have to do with the safe space conversation in this thread? Seems like you just Googled Berkeley too... :lol

The public's awareness of each university has nothing to do with it. Rest assured if CNN was covering protests on Liberty's campus every month, more people would have heard of it. That's the point.

Literally baffled that I follow something within my field. Contrary to belief, not everyone has to Google this to be aware of them.

I mentioned that fact, along with the other two schools, to show you the level of academics that Berkeley has. A very prestigious public university vs a private school should be held to the same standards? I suppose your also one of those idiots that get butt hurt about Facebook's TOS also?

How is your comparison between those schools different than a statue of Jesus outside a private school versus a public one?

sickdsm
05-01-2018, 01:54 PM

So under 5% enrollment at Berkely was the advocate for this safe space?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/09/23/uc-berkeley-says-free-speech-week-is-canceled-milo-yiannopoulos-says-hes-still-coming-to-campus/

Pavlov
05-01-2018, 01:57 PM
So 150 people we can't even say are all students are the problem at Berkeley?

Spurminator
05-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Literally baffled that I follow something within my field. Contrary to belief, not everyone has to Google this to be aware of them.

I mentioned that fact, along with the other two schools, to show you the level of academics that Berkeley has. A very prestigious public university vs a private school should be held to the same standards? I suppose your also one of those idiots that get butt hurt about Facebook's TOS also?

How is your comparison between those schools different than a statue of Jesus outside a private school versus a public one?

It's disingenuous to suggest the distinction between Public and Private is the concern for people who obsess over Berkeley controversies.

Spurminator
05-01-2018, 03:28 PM
So under 5% enrollment at Berkely was the advocate for this safe space?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/09/23/uc-berkeley-says-free-speech-week-is-canceled-milo-yiannopoulos-says-hes-still-coming-to-campus/

I have no idea what the percentage is at Berkeley, nor do I care. I was talking about college students as a whole.

Nathan89
05-01-2018, 11:01 PM

It's not two colleges. It's a serious threat to this country.

spurraider21
05-01-2018, 11:43 PM
Gay liberals good now

AaronY
05-02-2018, 03:13 AM
Its always nice when a guy can unwind from our brewing civil war by playing video games and taking a nap

Pavlov
05-02-2018, 03:38 AM

It's not two colleges. It's a serious threat to this country.I've never heard of Rubin nor can find anything at all about this alleged threat. Sounds totally serious and true.

AaronY
05-02-2018, 03:48 AM
I've never heard of Rubin nor can find anything at all about this alleged threat. Sounds totally serious and true.
Its not like conservative media would blow all of this stuff out of proportion for clicks and to keep people tuned in! No way they would feed dat growing conservative persecution complex for the totally tough dudes who like to wallow in victimhood!

ElNono
05-02-2018, 04:44 AM
Their free speech regularly involves invading the venue and causing disruptions to the event. It involves blocking doorways. As well as other illgal activity. Schools need to suspend and police need to arrest.

so what you're saying is that there needs to be a conservative safe space? ironic...

pgardn
05-02-2018, 06:48 AM
so what you're saying is that there needs to be a conservative safe space? ironic...

I think reddit did away with the “Manosphere” where all the jilted males could gather and unite under the banner of not having a fckn clue how to treat women so as to actually get a date. The porn has been consistently telling them sex was their right as a male. Their right to females is a man-rule so they gathered to cry together.

So safe spaces are actually crying clubs, whining wampums , bitching blocks, but lacking a head counselor. Self reinforcing echo chambers are perfectly awful for the socialization of the semi autistic.

Get outside. Leave the screen. Observe. And when it does not work out like a discussion site, realize there is a skill involved in face to face interaction. Kindness, listening, asking people about themselves, can be infinitely more enlightening. People just walk outside and think they can manipulate any social interaction without the slightest clue as to where people are coming from. One can save a bunch of time by walking away certain situations.

I dare the entire board to go out and get a random person to pick up a piece of trash without a threat. A random act of manipulation...

Experiment of the day concluded.

sickdsm
05-02-2018, 08:43 AM
So 150 people we can't even say are all students are the problem at Berkeley?
Now your starting to understand. Why did the 150 have enough pull to get things their way if they may not have even been students? You could find 150 people in any City to get disruptive enough about any topic.

sickdsm
05-02-2018, 08:44 AM
Its always nice when a guy can unwind from our brewing civil war by playing video games and taking a nap
Video games is the only way I can let my mind blank out. No thoughts except in the moment. It's a stress reliever. Some people go to the bar, some shooting range, etc. I don't doubt it's similar for him. Why the static?

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Its not like conservative media would blow all of this stuff out of proportion for clicks and to keep people tuned in! No way they would feed dat growing conservative persecution complex for the totally tough dudes who like to wallow in victimhood!
Rubin is a liberal tbh, but he has shifted his entire focus on being anti sjw

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 10:45 AM

It's not two colleges. It's a serious threat to this country.

"People" like the president, who has railed against "fake news", called the media "enemy of the people", pushed for harsher libel laws so he can sue people like some penny ante dictator, said some journalists should be in prison?

AaronY
05-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Rubin is a liberal tbh, but he has shifted his entire focus on being anti sjw
The SJWs can be annoying tbh. Did you see that girl who wear the Asian dress for prom got harrassed lol? That is like the boutons, fuzzyblumpkins, randomguy crowd here.

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 11:26 AM
The SJWs can be annoying tbh. Did you see that girl who wear the Asian dress for prom got harrassed lol? That is like the boutons, fuzzyblumpkins, randomguy crowd here.
i agree, but find it really silly when people turn their entire political identity into a single issue crusade

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 11:27 AM

Harvey Levin: Pressure in media to be anti-Trump

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/harvey-levin-pressure-in-media-to-be-anti-trump

The media shouldn't be so shit if they didn't want to be criticized. Here's a video if you are interested.

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 11:34 AM

If a safe space is a place where you are allowed to have events without lunatics screaming inside the event, going on stage holding their posters, using noise makers, etc then yes. If safe space is turning you college campus into a place where opposing views aren't welcome then no.

monosylab1k
05-02-2018, 11:39 AM
If a safe space is a place where you are allowed to have events without lunatics screaming inside the event, going on stage holding their posters, using noise makers, etc then yes. If safe space is turning you college campus into a place where opposing views aren't welcome then no.

So you want free speech except for the people exercising their free speech by disagreeing with you.

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 11:40 AM
people merely disrupting aren't really exercising free speech tbh...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler%27s_veto

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 11:56 AM

They don't want to have a conversation. They want to shutdown conversation.

Monostradamus
05-02-2018, 12:18 PM

You don't want a conversation either.

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 12:35 PM

Harvey Levin: Pressure in media to be anti-Trump

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/harvey-levin-pressure-in-media-to-be-anti-trump

The media shouldn't be so shit if they didn't want to be criticized. Here's a video if you are interested.

Are the media the "enemy of the people"?

Should the president be able to sue anyone for libel?

Which journalists should be in prison? Why?

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 12:36 PM

Could a president suing any journalist for saying something that hurts their fee fees "shutdown" conversation? such as in Turkey, or Egypt, where journalists and satirists are routinely jailed?

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 12:50 PM
So you want free speech except for the people exercising their free speech by disagreeing with you.

Pretty much.

That is the fatal flaw in right-ist politics in this country. Rank hypocrisy. Nothing they say they hold as an ideal, freedom, democracy, the constitution, matters to them. Trump ripped that façade right off.

sickdsm
05-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Pretty much.

That is the fatal flaw in right-ist politics in this country. Rank hypocrisy. Nothing they say they hold as an ideal, freedom, democracy, the constitution, matters to them. Trump ripped that façade right off.

TBH any right-ist person posting In this forum is already exposing themselves to disagreeing views. This is clearly a leftist slanted forum.

Nathan89

Mainstream media is certainly no friend of the people.

These type of comments our power solution statement. The media is terrible. So he calls them "fake news". Then he makes his power solution statement. That's the libel and prison statements. I'm not defending these comments I just don't think they are the threat you propping them up to be. The threat to me is the cultural change of the masses in a negative direction which I'm highlighting in this thread.

Pavlov
Now your starting to understand. Why did the 150 have enough pull to get things their way if they may not have even been students? You could find 150 people in any City to get disruptive enough about any topic.So you want to ban freedom of assembly now? Arrest those who get violent.

sickdsm
05-02-2018, 12:59 PM
So you want to ban freedom of assembly now?
Pavlov and Mono trying to take a page from Cathy Newmans interview on Jordon Peterson is comical to say the least.........

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 12:59 PM

These type of comments our power solution statement. The media is terrible. So he calls them "fake news". Then he makes his power solution statement. That's the libel and prison statements. I'm not defending these comments I just don't think they are the threat you propping them up to be. The threat to me is the cultural change of the masses in a negative direction which I'm highlighting in this thread.

So how would "mainstream media" become a "friend" of the people? Be specific.

You don't think the president's "tone at the top" is important to the national dialogue?

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 01:02 PM

That is a lot of non-answers. I didn't ask you to defend the comments. I asked whether you agree with them.

That is a simple yes or no.

Pavlov
Pavlov and Mono trying to take a page from Cathy Newmans interview on Jordon Peterson is comical to say the least.........What are you calling for then?

Speak up.

FuzzyLumpkins
TBH any right-ist person posting In this forum is already exposing themselves to disagreeing views. This is clearly a leftist slanted forum.

The right wingers on this forum sure like to martyr themselves.

There are plenty of conservatives here. Quit being a bitch. "Oh noes they disagree with me!" Echo chamber much?

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 01:03 PM

Reality clearly has a leftist slant.

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 01:05 PM
So how would "mainstream media" become a "friend" of the people?

You don't think the president's "tone at the top" is important to the national dialogue?

Mainstream media becomes a friend when they do a better job.

Yes, it matters but it isn't the major threat to the country.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-02-2018, 01:05 PM

He calls anything that makes him look bad "fake news" reflexively and now has legions of followers who do the same thing.

And every president has had a large contingent of the press hostile to him. Fox News is still mainstream despite their pleading to the contrary.

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 01:09 PM

Perhaps you can tell that to the people that want to screech and shutdown every opposing view instead of actually having a conversation.

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 01:09 PM
The threat to me is the cultural change of the masses in a negative direction which I'm highlighting in this thread.

"cultural change of the masses"

Would a cultural change of the masses include the fact that Republicans have viewed a free press and less and less important to Democracy?

https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/c_crop,d_placeholder_euli9k,h_1440,w_2560,x_0,y_0/dpr_2.0/c_limit,w_740/fl_lossy,q_auto/v1524843404/gop_xpwq9w

Pavlov
05-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Perhaps you can tell that to the people that want to screech and shutdown every opposing view instead of actually having a conversation.Why don't you do that yourself since it's important to you?

It's easier for you to fret and play the victim by proxy.

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 01:12 PM
So how would "mainstream media" become a "friend" of the people?

Yes, it matters but it isn't the major threat to the country.

"doing a better job" is not really specific. How would it do a better job?

So the president not standing for democratic constitutional principles, and actively encouraging his supporters to autocracy is not a major threat. Good to know.

sickdsm
05-02-2018, 01:15 PM
The right wingers on this forum sure like to martyr themselves.

There are plenty of conservatives here. Quit being a bitch.
Observation= being a bitch. I didn't say there wasn't any conservatives here. Liberals outnumber the conservatives, I didn't see you denying that. If one would want right wing speech, would you recommend this forum?

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 01:16 PM

sickdsm
05-02-2018, 01:17 PM

Trump was left wing, Hillary was too far left? Because the reality is that he was voted in. Lemme guess, Russian hackers?

Pavlov
05-02-2018, 01:19 PM
Observation= being a bitch. I didn't say there wasn't any conservatives here. Liberals outnumber the conservatives, I didn't see you denying that. If one would want right wing speech, would you recommend this forum?Well, not quality right wing speech, but if you want to say almost anything politically -- one could do worse.

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 01:21 PM
Well, not quality right wing speech.

I think that has become something of an oxymoron these days. Anybody of any integrity on the right has been shouted down by the right-wing political correctness posse. The screeching poo-flingers have taken over that asylum, IMO.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-02-2018, 01:25 PM
Observation= being a bitch. I didn't say there wasn't any conservatives here. Liberals outnumber the conservatives, I didn't see you denying that. If one would want right wing speech, would you recommend this forum?

Your "observation" was complaining about having your views challenged. That is a bitch move.

And Liberals do not outnumber the conservatives particularly when you start factoring troll accounts. Your problem is the high density of conservative dumbfucks like ducks, TSA, Chris, chucho, and joey.

Meanwhile RG posts and he gets shit on by the troll brigade. He makes a thread and it's spam city.

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 01:25 PM
He calls anything that makes him look bad "fake news" reflexively and now has legions of followers who do the same thing.

And every president has had a large contingent of the press hostile to him. Fox News is still mainstream despite their pleading to the contrary.

Yeah, it can become a problem. Thankfully, there are some conservative people like Ben Shapiro that point out these issues when they appear. Then you have growing shows like Dave Rubin's that many conservatives are watching that counter and introduce to opposing points. Hopefully this effort continues and more conservatives highlight issues when they see it.

The problem we are seeing now is decades of not highlighting issues on the left. In the past they didn't have protests to shutdown every person with an opposing view. This serious danger to the country that has already reared it's ugly head. I'm pointing it out and people have suggested "just use youtube", minimized reality to two colleges, or have deflected with Trump. Well this issue is already here and it's not at two colleges. The mindset of these protests are the same reason that comedians were complaining about college campuses years ago. This is serious threat to the country. You can highlight Trump as an issue as well but to deflect and minimize this issue is just burying you head in the sand.

AaronY
05-02-2018, 01:29 PM
Danger! Serious dangah y'all!

It's coming to a head!

FuzzyLumpkins
05-02-2018, 01:29 PM
Yeah, it can become a problem. Thankfully, there are some conservative people like Ben Shapiro that point out these issues when they appear. Then you have growing shows like Dave Rubin's that many conservatives are watching that counter and introduce to opposing points. Hopefully this effort continues and more conservatives highlight issues when they see it.

The problem we are seeing now is decades of not highlighting issues on the left. In the past they didn't have protests to shutdown every person with an opposing view. This serious danger to the country that has already reared it's ugly head. I'm pointing it out and people have suggested "just use youtube", minimized reality to two colleges, or have deflected with Trump. Well this issue is already here and it's not at two colleges. The mindset of these protests are the same reason that comedians were complaining about college campuses years ago. This is serious threat to the country. You can highlight Trump as an issue as well but to deflect and minimize this issue is just burying you head in the sand.

Teenagers and those in their early twenties being puritan and inflexible is not a threat to the country. It's the reality of that age group.

This generation is liberal. Eventually they will learn that shouting someone down solves nothing just like every other young person. They are a threat to your preferred political establishment though. I like it.

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 01:30 PM

So the president not standing for democratic constitutional principles, and actively encouraging his supporters to autocracy is not a major threat. Good to know.

It's impossible to state the standard of good but imo at the moment they have clearly not surpassed that standard.

Nobody is shooting for a autocracy. People across the country are shutting down opposing perspectives.

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 01:35 PM
Teenagers and those in their early twenties being puritan and inflexible is not a threat to the country. It's the reality of that age group.

This generation is liberal. Eventually they will learn that shouting someone down solves nothing just like every other young person. They are a threat to your preferred political establishment though. I like it.

Well they are shutting down all opposing perspective. The outcome of that may be liberal but the process is insufficient to produce any well founded outcome.

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 01:49 PM

It's impossible to state the standard of good but imo at the moment they have clearly not surpassed that standard.

If it is so clear, then it should be trivially easy to say how the media could do a better job.

What would the BEST way be for the media to "do a better job" and be a "friend" to the American people?

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 01:52 PM
The threat to me is the cultural change of the masses in a negative direction which I'm highlighting in this thread.

Would a cultural change of the masses include the fact that Republicans have viewed a free press and less and less important to Democracy?

https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/c_crop,d_placeholder_euli9k,h_1440,w_2560,x_0,y_0/dpr_2.0/c_limit,w_740/fl_lossy,q_auto/v1524843404/gop_xpwq9w

I'd kind of like an answer to this question as well. It speaks directly to the OP.

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 02:02 PM

I'd kind of like an answer to this question as well. It speaks directly to the OP.

Seems he's showing a dislike for how mainstream media is doing their job. He's doing so in the form of a joke. You taking it seriously and making wild inferences to paint Republicans negatively is not very useful.

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 02:43 PM

Seems he's showing a dislike for how mainstream media is doing their job. He's doing so in the form of a joke. You taking it seriously and making wild inferences to paint Republicans negatively is not very useful.

My statement of fact was not based on the picture, but polling data, that consistently show that Republicans in general do not think that a free press is important.

Poll: Less than half of Republicans believe free press important for democracy
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/322065-pew-poll-less-than-half-of-republicans-believe-free-press-press

Poll: 73% Of Republicans Say The Media Is Abusing Its First Amendment Freedom Of The Press
https://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/27/poll-73-republicans-say-media-abusing-first-amendment-freedom-press/

45 percent of Republicans want the government to shutter “biased or inaccurate” media
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/7/27/16036054/poll-republicans-press-freedom-trump

This information is not hard to find.

So, the question remains, despite your deflection.

cultural change of the masses"

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Well [young liberals] are shutting down all opposing perspective. The outcome of that may be liberal but the process is insufficient to produce any well founded outcome.

What percentage of these young liberals want the government to shutter “biased or inaccurate” media?

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 03:38 PM
My statement of fact was not based on the picture, but polling data, that consistently show that Republicans in general do not think that a free press is important.

Poll: Less than half of Republicans believe free press important for democracy
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/322065-pew-poll-less-than-half-of-republicans-believe-free-press-press

Poll: 73% Of Republicans Say The Media Is Abusing Its First Amendment Freedom Of The Press
https://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/27/poll-73-republicans-say-media-abusing-first-amendment-freedom-press/

45 percent of Republicans want the government to shutter “biased or inaccurate” media
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/7/27/16036054/poll-republicans-press-freedom-trump

This information is not hard to find.

So, the question remains, despite your deflection.

cultural change of the masses"

You should have made this post if you wanted me to respond to it. Responding to your post with an irrelevant pic is not deflection.

Yes, those polls are problematic. And it could have real world consequences in the future. The real world consequences from the left are already occuring. That's the bigger threat at the moment. And the threat goes beyond this topic of discussion.

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 03:40 PM
You should have made this post if you wanted me to respond to it. Responding to your post with an irrelevant pic is not deflection.

Yes, those polls are problematic. And it could have real world consequences in the future. The real world consequences from the left are already occuring. That's the bigger threat at the moment. And the threat goes beyond this topic of discussion.

How did you decide that intolerance of the left is the "bigger threat at the moment?" What criteria did you use, for example?

boutons_deux
05-02-2018, 03:40 PM
"consequences from the left are already occuring. That's the bigger threat at the moment."

goddamn, you're fucking stupid

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Yes, those polls [concerning Republican attitudes toward free press ]are problematic. And it could have real world consequences in the future.

Republican party controls all three branches of the federal government and most sate legislatures.

Seems like any anti-democratic attitudes towards free press on the part of the ruling party of this country are going to have consequences right now.

On what do you base your claim that this problem lies in the future and not currently?

Chucho
05-02-2018, 03:50 PM
Your "observation" was complaining about having your views challenged. That is a bitch move.

And Liberals do not outnumber the conservatives particularly when you start factoring troll accounts. Your problem is the high density of conservative dumbfucks like ducks, TSA, Chris, chucho, and joey.

Meanwhile RG posts and he gets shit on by the troll brigade. He makes a thread and it's spam city.

RG gets/got shat on by Board Libs too when he posts like Boots.

No one takes you seriously whatsoever and it's hilarious when you feign this superiority gimmick that makes you an unbearable dick all over the place.You think being the faux-est intellectual on this place is something coveted.

DarrinS
05-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Trump is good for business -- the MSM business. They can't quit him.

As that unfunny comedienne pointed out at the WHCD

"He couldn't sell steaks or vodka or water or college or ties or Eric. But he has helped you. He's helped you sell your papers and your books and your TV. You helped create this monster, and now you're profiting off of him."

Chucho
05-02-2018, 03:54 PM
"consequences from the left are already occuring. That's the bigger threat at the moment."

goddamn, you're fucking stupid

The consequence was Trump's election, you tool. If the Left didn't go too far Left with batshit lunacy and ultra-minority pandering while insulting and ostracizing a huge portion of their more moderate base and basically calling anyone who wasn't on board with their Far Left agenda a White Nationalist, Trump wouldn't have won.

Trump as President is a threat and a reason for it is "goddamn fucking stupid" people like you pushing the Left's Far Right equivalent agenda.

RandomGuy
RG gets/got shat on by Board Libs too when he posts like Boots.

No one takes you seriously whatsoever and it's hilarious when you feign this superiority gimmick that makes you an unbearable dick all over the place.You think being the faux-est intellectual on this place is something coveted.

That you think the ineffectual, lazy thinkers "shat" on me when I post shit they don't like doesn't make it true.

5 trolls all circle jerking over something because one of them thinks they made a good point simply makes me shake my head and decide to not bother.

Pavlov
Trump is good for business -- the MSM business. They can't quit him.As Clinton is for the right-wing media. They can't quit her.

It's hard to stop reporting about the current President of the United States though.

Chucho
05-02-2018, 04:03 PM
That you think the ineffectual, lazy thinkers "shat" on me when I post shit they don't like doesn't make it true.

5 trolls all circle jerking over something because one of them thinks they made a good point simply makes me shake my head and decide to not bother.

They shat on you when you raged and posted like Boots and had threads netting two or three posts. You're an intelligent man, but that stretch of posting was pretty damn cringy.

Why would you shake your head? It's insanity to believe this place has some legitimacy as a pure discussion board or that there's some civility to this place. It's a predominantly shit-talk, spam, insult board and has been for the last 10 years. Everyone gets a big shit dropped on their chests here at some point.

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 04:07 PM
They shat on you when you raged and posted like Boots and had threads netting two or three posts. You're an intelligent man, but that stretch of posting was pretty damn cringy.

Why would you shake your head? It's insanity to believe this place has some legitimacy as a pure discussion board or that there's some civility to this place. It's a predominantly shit-talk, spam, insult board and has been for the last 10 years. Everyone gets a big shit dropped on their chests here at some point.

Fair comment, all.

Chucho
05-02-2018, 04:10 PM
As Clinton is for the right-wing media. They can't quit her.

It's hard to stop reporting about the current President of the United States though.

:lol

Chucho
05-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Fair comment, all.

I appreciate that and that's why you're good people- you're honest.

koriwhat
05-02-2018, 04:18 PM

they made jokes or some 80 yr old crows feet ugly ass carrot top wannabe 32 yr old hag tried to play make believe comedian? the left is ugly as fuck! i'm a ugly motherfucker too but at least i'm not part of that shit party.

koriwhat
05-02-2018, 04:21 PM

the question random asked is hilarious... so with that said does random actually believe MSM is free press and important to democracy? i mean WMDs, Hands up, Fake interview after fake interview, Metoo assholes through MSM, etc... fuck your democracy if it includes hacks in the MSM.

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 04:22 PM
I appreciate that and that's why you're good people- you're honest.

Thank you.

It is hard admitting when you are wrong, just as it is hard to examine underlying assumptions.

In that honesty:

I actually agree with some of the premise of the OP. If Nathan were honest, and admit that PC police exist on the right, this would be a lot less painful for him. Intolerance of differing opinion is a problem in this country, and definitely needs to be addressed.

If Nathan had done his homework, he might find a poll that shows that intolerance does span both ends of the spectrum.

There is an argument to make as to which side is worse, though. The GOP has always been much less tolerant of differing views, but that is simply the nature of conservatism. Change = bad. One has only to look at how each party treats centrists. RINOs get tea partied out in primaries. That push for extremism is fairly new in the last decade or so.

College kids going apeshit is not news, IMO. If one wants to ding the left without admitting the problem on the right for almost identical reasons, that is either ignorant, or actively dishonest.

Good policy solutions rarely come out of dishonest arguments.

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 04:26 PM
the question random asked is hilarious... so with that said does random actually believe MSM is free press and important to democracy? i mean WMDs, Hands up, Fake interview after fake interview, Metoo assholes through MSM, etc... fuck your democracy if it includes hacks in the MSM.

... and along comes koriwhat to prove my point for me, blithely ignorant that he is doing so.

Worth noting:
Free press includes a variety of view points.

I think you and Nathan would agree that "good" media that isn't an enemy of the people is doing its job when they endlessly talk about how great Republicans are.

DisAsTerBot
05-02-2018, 04:31 PM
they made jokes or some 80 yr old crows feet ugly ass carrot top wannabe 32 yr old hag tried to play make believe comedian? the left is ugly as fuck! i'm a ugly motherfucker too but at least i'm not part of that shit party.

Bro, you’re so insecure you put down yourself. Cmon now

Chris
05-02-2018, 04:39 PM
i agree, but find it really silly when people turn their entire political identity into a single issue crusade

Why is it silly?

sickdsm
05-02-2018, 04:42 PM

Complaining about my views being challenged? WTF do you think I'm here? I don't live in SA, not a Spurs fan (besides a casual admirer), etc. I post in here mainly for the past ten years off and on. I enjoy being outside my comfort zone, learning new experiences. My views are constantly being challenged here.

That is quite the most idiotic response you could have had.

Chris
05-02-2018, 04:45 PM

You're a troll though.

Quadzilla99
05-02-2018, 04:47 PM
You're a troll though.

You think the illuminati is real and that 9/11 was an inside job

monosylab1k
05-02-2018, 04:51 PM

And thay Obama gets high from drinking baby rape blood.

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Republican party controls all three branches of the federal government and most sate legislatures.

Seems like any anti-democratic attitudes towards free press on the part of the ruling party of this country are going to have consequences right now.

On what do you base your claim that this problem lies in the future and not currently?

Is the poll of politicians or of regular people? If it's politicians then you'd have a point. If it's just regular people wound up by the terrible work of mainstream media then not so much.

You don't need to insert word into my statement if you understand my statement.

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Why is it silly?
because its an overly simplistic view

Chris
05-02-2018, 05:13 PM
because its an overly simplistic view

Redundant and vague.

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 05:16 PM
Redundant and vague.
agreed

but seriously... one's worldview typically has more than one issue. defining yourself by one is just very limiting. it would also lower your standards as far as electing representatives... "i dont care what he does about issues A-Y, as long as he agrees with me on Z"

koriwhat
05-02-2018, 05:18 PM
... and along comes koriwhat to prove my point for me, blithely ignorant that he is doing so.

Worth noting:
Free press includes a variety of view points.

I think you and Nathan would agree that "good" media that isn't an enemy of the people is doing its job when they endlessly talk about how great Republicans are.

you keep throwing this republican thing around as if it's going to stick one day. get off your high horse already. this is why i can't stand so many of your hive mind brothers and sisters. a whole lot of losers in your club.

MSM(left & right) today is nothing more than what RealityTV is, crap entertainment and only that. to sit here and claim otherwise is laughable.

Bro, you’re so insecure you put down yourself. Cmon now

i'm insecure? lmao couch psychologist. you should probably stop mistaking my lame attempts at humor as a segue for your diagnosis of me dr. disaster.

both are more probable than you can imagine.

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 05:20 PM
On what do you base your claim that [the threat of right wing views on press freedom] lies in the future and not currently?

Is the poll of politicians or of regular people? If it's politicians then you'd have a point. If it's just regular people wound up by the terrible work of mainstream media then not so much.

You don't need to insert word into my statement if you understand my statement.

The bracketed insertion is an editorial convention, meant to replace "they" or other pronouns with specific notations for clarity, so that continuity of subject is maintained. Please at any time clarify any error.

The poll was of the general Republican population.

Again, you dodged yet another question.

I think at this point I have seen enough of your arguments to get that you don't really care about the truth. People who care about what is true don't dodge honest, fair questions, in my experience.

Pity.

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 05:20 PM
its that adorable thing koriwhat does when he claims not to be right wing as if we all haven't observed his posting history here for the past few months

:lol same guy, who when pressed to answer what a "real liberal" is basically just described conservatism

RandomGuy
05-02-2018, 05:25 PM
its that adorable thing koriwhat does when he claims not to be right wing as if we all haven't observed his posting history here for the past few months

:lol same guy, who when pressed to answer what a "real liberal" is basically just described conservatism

Hard to tell if he is just too incompetent to know that he is a conservative Republican or being actively disingenuous. My bet is the latter, but just barely.

Chris
05-02-2018, 06:44 PM
D'Souza

Nathan89
05-02-2018, 06:46 PM
On what do you base your claim that [the threat of right wing views on press freedom] lies in the future and not currently?

The bracketed insertion is an editorial convention, meant to replace "they" or other pronouns with specific notations for clarity, so that continuity of subject is maintained. Please at any time clarify any error.

The poll was of the general Republican population.

Again, you dodged yet another question.

I think at this point I have seen enough of your arguments to get that you don't really care about the truth. People who care about what is true don't dodge honest, fair questions, in my experience.

Pity.

Your brackets are not incorrect (at least I don't recall any). It's just not really necessary.

My statement kind gave you my answer. I don't think that's the view of politicians. I don't even know how strongly the people polled really believe that. It's easy to say that to a question. It's a different animal if that's on the table. Regardless at face value the answers are concerning. If these are strongly held positions it will become a threat in the future. At the moment that's not my biggest concern.

The thing is most of threat from either side varies based on a few situational factors. If media, late night shows, actors, etc were so heavy on one side you'd start to get a similar response from the left. The right also disagrees with free speech like burning flags or critiquing police. Those free speech examples are limited in application though. That's how a threat can be curtailed by situation. In comparison the things that that fire up the left is often subjective and applicable in a broad variety of situations. Examples of that include racism, sexism, etc. These can be applied on numerous topics. And therefore the left utilizes it to shutdown a number of things. At the moment they've basically branded everything conservative as racist. The situations are limitless for the subjective application.

Pavlov
05-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Proud boy trying to destroy free speech.
siUwgcE9iEs

FuzzyLumpkins
05-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Complaining about my views being challenged? WTF do you think I'm here? I don't live in SA, not a Spurs fan (besides a casual admirer), etc. I post in here mainly for the past ten years off and on. I enjoy being outside my comfort zone, learning new experiences. My views are constantly being challenged here.

That is quite the most idiotic response you could have had.

You were complaining about your ideology having it's view challenged and generally tried to put yourself on the cross. it is what it is.

None of that has anything to do with your not being a bitch. Who cares where you are from or why you are here? I know i don't.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Well they are shutting down all opposing perspective. The outcome of that may be liberal but the process is insufficient to produce any well founded outcome.

Not all even though you guys like to wave your hands at the anecdotes.

sickdsm
05-02-2018, 10:22 PM
You were complaining about your ideology having it's view challenged and generally tried to put yourself on the cross. it is what it is.

None of that has anything to do with your not being a bitch. Who cares where you are from or why you are here? I know i don't.

No I wasn't. Don't put different words in my mouth. I explained WHY I am embracing hearing opposing views. You respond that you don't care yet lie some more. I could really care less if you call me a bitch. I bring up valid points, you respond with hogwash and call me names while saying you don't care. Sounds like a poster for a safe space.

I really doubt you have the testicular fortitude to go out of the way to put yourself in the opposing trenches to learn.

Wh

DarrinS
05-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Watch out for Fuzzy. He might call you a sophist piece of shit, which is especially devastating.

:lmao

ElNono
05-02-2018, 10:44 PM
people merely disrupting aren't really exercising free speech tbh...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler%27s_veto

Debatable, tbh... as it says on the link, the case law is mixed. Plus, the situation needs to cause government intervention to silence the speech. ie: A shouting match isn't a Heckler's veto, nor is the 'fear' that speech might be interrupted (ie: action cannot be taken preemptively, since it would actually silence potentially lawful speech).

Again, people that face a crowd do it at their own risk. There's plenty of massive safe spaces to exercise their speech that don't include the possibility of confrontation.

spurraider21
05-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Debatable, tbh... as it says on the link, the case law is mixed. Plus, the situation needs to cause government intervention to silence the speech. ie: A shouting match isn't a Heckler's veto, nor is the 'fear' that speech might be interrupted (ie: action cannot be taken preemptively, since it would actually silence potentially lawful speech).

Again, people that face a crowd do it at their own risk. There's plenty of massive safe spaces to exercise their speech that don't include the possibility of confrontation.
When a public school shuts down an event because of it, there’s your govt action

RandomGuy
05-03-2018, 10:44 AM
[here's a tweet from a convicted felon who makes money pandering to morons like me]

Meh.

ElNono
05-03-2018, 11:29 AM
When a public school shuts down an event because of it, there’s your govt action

sure, but I was addressing the claim that "people merely disrupting aren't really exercising free speech"...

spurraider21
05-03-2018, 12:17 PM
sure, but I was addressing the claim that "people merely disrupting aren't really exercising free speech"...
that's true. i should have been more specific, that i was referring to people that disrupt to the point where the speech/meeting is forced to be cancelled

like when ann coulter's speech was cancelled at berkeley because they were worried about protesters, and that fear was based on what happened when milo was supposed to appear

RandomGuy
05-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Your brackets are not incorrect (at least I don't recall any). It's just not really necessary.

My statement kind gave you my answer. I don't think that's the view of politicians. I don't even know how strongly the people polled really believe that. It's easy to say that to a question. It's a different animal if that's on the table. Regardless at face value the answers are concerning. If these are strongly held positions it will become a threat in the future. At the moment that's not my biggest concern.

The thing is most of threat from either side varies based on a few situational factors. If media, late night shows, actors, etc were so heavy on one side you'd start to get a similar response from the left. The right also disagrees with free speech like burning flags or critiquing police. Those free speech examples are limited in application though. That's how a threat can be curtailed by situation. In comparison the things that that fire up the left is often subjective and applicable in a broad variety of situations. Examples of that include racism, sexism, etc. These can be applied on numerous topics. And therefore the left utilizes it to shutdown a number of things. At the moment they've basically branded everything conservative as racist. The situations are limitless for the subjective application.

The election of a half-black man as president peeled away the thin veneer covering the deep streak of racism at the heart of the Republican party and by extension "conservatism" itself. I watched the right spend eight years attacking Obama using all sorts of OVERTLY racist bullshit. I could fill pages and pages of this discussion with quotes, articles, and various tea party morons holding signs to support that.

Not all conservatives, or even most, are racist. But almost all white racist are conservatives. IF it goosesteps like a Nazi, "Heil Hitler"s like a Nazi, and holds torchlight marches about Jews like a Nazi, its a Nazi. You just can't successfully carry out the Southern Strategy and not have that leave its shit stain on the conservative movement.

You can whine all you like about this, but if you can't accept the truth that actual Nazis are running under the Republican banner, but not the Democrats, then you are being willfully naïve.

That naiveté strikes me as vastly more dangerous and a threat than any group of shitposting college kids.

In theory, the conservative principles of individual responsibility and traditional morality are color-blind.

But race often distorts their application. When conservative politicians talk about reducing “dependency” on government, they usually mean reliance on programs like food stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, housing assistance, and Medicaid, all of which disproportionately benefit African Americans. They pay less attention to the roughly $20 billion a year that the federal government pays farmers. Or the 1872 law that allows mining companies to lease federal land for $5 an acre and keep whatever they dig up. Or Supplemental Security Income, otherwise known as disability. These forms of dependency, which offer outsize benefits to white people, elicit comparatively little right-wing outrage.

Similarly, many conservatives demanded harsher sentencing during the largely African American crack epidemic, yet now show far less enthusiasm for imprisoning opioid addicts—most of whom are white. For years, conservatives tried to preserve the traditional family by outlawing same-sex marriage. They didn’t try to outlaw heterosexual divorce. Senator Ted Cruz has called defending religious freedom his “life’s passion.” But not when it comes to Muslims. In 2015, he reintroduced the Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Designation Act, which could have, among other things, empowered the government to close mosques.

There are, to be sure, right-leaning intellectuals who would welcome the uniform application of conservative tough love. But advocating the mass imprisonment of white opioid users, the end of farm subsidies, and a crackdown on easy divorce would likely break the Republican Party. So GOP politicians often end up demanding more self-reliance and moral responsibility from black, female, LGBT, and immigrant Americans than from their own white, male, straight, native-born supporters. “Racism,” Ta‑Nehisi Coates has written in these pages, “is not merely a simplistic hatred. It is, more often, broad sympathy toward some and broader skepticism toward others.” It is exactly this racialized disparity in sympathy and skepticism that plagues many conservative policies today.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/12/conservatism-without-bigotry/544128/

Also from the above article, an acknowledgement of liberal faults in this area:

Before calling conservatives bigots, liberals should remember something about their own ideology: Progressivism is progressive. It seeks ever-greater moral advance. That means that if liberals have their way, the list of things considered discriminatory will continue to grow. In August, as a rash of localities debated whether to take down statues of Confederate General Robert E. Lee, Trump was mocked for tweeting, “Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson—who’s next, Washington, Jefferson?” But it’s logical to suspect that liberals, seeking to make America ever less racist, might go from uprooting statues of the generals who fought to defend slavery to challenging the uncritical veneration of the slaveholders who founded America. Indeed, just three days before Trump’s tweet, Al Sharpton had suggested that the Jefferson Memorial be denied public funds.

Given conservatives’ instinct to conserve, liberals cannot reasonably expect them to instantly declare bigoted something they have long considered acceptable. John Corvino, a philosophy professor at Wayne State University, defines bigotry as “stubborn and unjustified contempt toward groups of people, typically in the context of a larger system of subordination.” The word stubborn is key: What matters is how willing people are to shift their views in response to new information. Liberals have the right to ask that conservatives, when confronted with evidence of the irrationality and immorality of their opinions about, for instance, gay Americans, move toward supporting equal rights. But liberals don’t have the right to expect conservatives to move at the same speed they do. Therein lies the unfairness of Mozilla’s forcing Eich out for having donated to an anti-gay-marriage campaign in 2008, four years before even Barack Obama fully endorsed gay marriage.

I think the bigger threat is that the party in power pushes inherently racist policies, obvious to their own selective disregard for people of color.

RandomGuy
05-03-2018, 12:55 PM
So, setting aside the shit-posting from some peeved college students, let's discuss the threat of right-wing political correctness, and how directly damaging that is to the country.

There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they’re going to take the money they’re saving and reinvest it in American workers,” he says. “In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there’s no evidence whatsoever that the money’s been massively poured back into the American worker.”

[Fox News Furor over daring to challenge supply side orthodoxy]

Two Cheers for Corporate Tax Cuts

This is a threat, because this is how the conservative movement's many intellectual failures drive bad policies. This quashing of an opposing viewpoint denies conservatism some valuable negative feedback on bad policy.

This bad policy isn't happening at some nebulous ill-defined "future". It is happening NOW.

RandomGuy
05-03-2018, 01:23 PM
The further existential threat of Republican political correctness is the complete closing ranks on the President as if he is some imperial president, who should be immune to criticism, no matter how mild.

This political correctness DIRECTLY threatens the Republic, because it puts the interest of a political party ahead of the county. By suppressing any kind of meaningful criticism, they have shut down any oversight of the executive branch, which is the job of Congress.

Paul Ryan pretty much admitted as much:

House Speaker Paul Ryan warned that Democratic gains in November’s congressional elections could make it impossible to get anything accomplished and expose President Donald Trump’s administration to more aggressive oversight.

Should Republicans lose control of either the House or Senate, “you’ll have gridlock, you’ll have subpoenas,” with the whole legislative system “shutting down,” Ryan said Wednesday in Beverly Hills, California, at the annual Milken Institute Global Conference.

Scott Benen put it best:

What the retiring House Speaker seemed to suggest was that Democrats, if given any meaningful authority in Congress, would take steps to hold the president accountable for his actions.

Or put another way, Ryan wants voters to back Republican candidates in order to ensure that the pro-Trump cover-up can continue on Capitol Hill. “Vote GOP in 2018,” the slogan effectively goes, “We’re against oversight and accountability for Republican presidents.”

The right's political correctness shuts down ANY criticism of their president, and that is DANGEROUS.

koriwhat
05-03-2018, 04:36 PM

Hard to tell if he is just too incompetent to know that he is a conservative Republican or being actively disingenuous. My bet is the latter, but just barely.

yall can keep blowing each other all yall want but it still doesn't make me a republican nor a democrat. both sides fucking suck and so do the sheep that follow.

truth is, yall's progressive asses won't let yall believe anyone is tired of your shit and so they must be aligned conservative. little do yall know, yall aren't progressive in the least let alone liberal. yall are the scourge of this world!

Pavlov
05-03-2018, 05:03 PM
yall can keep blowing each other all yall want but it still doesn't make me a republican nor a democrat. both sides fucking suck and so do the sheep that follow.

truth is, yall's progressive asses won't let yall believe anyone is tired of your shit and so they must be aligned conservative. little do yall know, yall aren't progressive in the least let alone liberal. yall are the scourge of this world!What political ideology most closely reflects your actual political views?

RandomGuy
05-03-2018, 05:16 PM
[bla bla you suck bla bla bla progressives suck bla liberals bad argle bargle]

You aren't fooling anyone. Either you are actively lying or seriously delusional. Simplest solution is lying, so I will go with that theory.

RandomGuy
05-03-2018, 05:18 PM
What political ideology most closely reflects your actual political views?

Dadaism, if one goes by the logical coherence of his posts.

sickdsm
05-03-2018, 06:23 PM

truth is, yall's progressive asses won't let yall believe anyone is tired of your shit and so they must be aligned conservative. little do yall know, yall aren't progressive in the least let alone liberal. yall are the scourge of this world!

They keep calling me a republican too. Haha. Gotta be black or white I guess.

koriwhat
05-03-2018, 10:59 PM
You aren't fooling anyone. Either you are actively lying or seriously delusional. Simplest solution is lying, so I will go with that theory.

you're the delusional liar here. because i think the world has gone mad and dudes aren't dudes anymore somehow makes me a republican? nah, i like to people watch but never thought that meant watching hordes of losers mold this world into a shithole of feelings and make believe.

What political ideology most closely reflects your actual political views?

none of the above. fuck politicians and those who look up to them. yall are suckers to the nth degree!

black or white but 70+ genders.

RandomGuy
05-17-2018, 04:58 PM

If it is so clear, then it should be trivially easy to say how the media could do a better job.

What would the BEST way be for the media to "do a better job" and be a "friend" to the American people?

[shifts to a different topic]

The question remains.

Stop dissembling. or... keep dissembling. That makes it easy for me to show how dishonest/hypocritical you are. This liberal gets the better of you either way, because at the heart, your arguments are weak, and at some level you know that.

RandomGuy
05-17-2018, 05:00 PM

Maybe you can take a crack at it.

Is the media the "enemy of the people" as Donald Trump claims?

koriwhat
05-17-2018, 05:00 PM

get rid of them all because we don't need their bs and talking points. fuck the agendas!

RandomGuy
05-17-2018, 05:47 PM
get rid of them all because we don't need their bs and talking points. fuck the agendas!

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-our-liberty-depends-on-the-freedom-of-the-press-and-that-cannot-be-limited-without-being-thomas-jefferson-35-44-52.jpg

koriwhat
05-17-2018, 05:49 PM
http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-our-liberty-depends-on-the-freedom-of-the-press-and-that-cannot-be-limited-without-being-thomas-jefferson-35-44-52.jpg

yeah but what press? a press who constantly lies to us decades and decades over or what exactly? i'd rather no press than the one we got. ours is corrupt to its core be it msnbc, abc, fox, cnn, etc... they're all hacks.

RandomGuy
05-17-2018, 05:49 PM

https://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-the-founding-fathers-gave-the-free-press-the-protection-it-must-have-to-bare-the-secrets-of-hugo-black-18328.jpg

RandomGuy
05-17-2018, 05:51 PM

https://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-paramount-among-the-responsibilities-of-a-free-press-is-the-duty-to-prevent-any-part-of-the-hugo-black-18327.jpg

RandomGuy
05-17-2018, 05:52 PM
yeah but what press? a press who constantly lies to us decades and decades over or what exactly? i'd rather no press than the one we got. ours is corrupt to its core be it msnbc, abc, fox, cnn, etc... they're all hacks.

Well, so glad you are here to tell us all what press is good and what is not.

How noble of you.

koriwhat
05-17-2018, 05:55 PM

How noble of you.

do you not pay attention or is it ok to you that they all do lie over and over again? 1 lie is too many imo when it comes to the press. what good is press if it's all lies?

RandomGuy
05-17-2018, 05:55 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/14/24/bb/1424bb068ef73bff5281f6228dbf5fd7--freedom-of-speech-quotes-just-say-no.jpg

RandomGuy
05-17-2018, 05:56 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/cd/cb/34/cdcb34d69634eb3a85e564c68080d10d--american-exceptionalism-america-america.jpg

RandomGuy
05-17-2018, 05:57 PM
do you not pay attention or is it ok to you that they all do lie over and over again? 1 lie is too many imo when it comes to the press. what good is press if it's all lies?

How noble of you.

Whatever would we do without people like you deciding for the rest of us what is a lie and what is not?

koriwhat
05-17-2018, 05:58 PM
random you can keep posting memes of past quotes that i actually agree with but you somehow keep skipping over the fact that our press is out of control and totally a machine of lies. these quotes suggest there's some integrity in the press but when there's not you're just going to keep pushing memes huh?

koriwhat
05-17-2018, 06:00 PM

How noble of you.

Whatever would we do without people like you deciding for the rest of us what is a lie and what is not?

how about fake interviews when the anchor isn't even there and the video is spliced together or hands up, etc? glad you keep buying into the machine like a good little deaf, dumb, and blind lemming you are.

Nathan89
05-17-2018, 06:19 PM
Most (84%) of Americans recognize the importance of news/media to our democracy. They just don't trust the news/media and that trend has been happening for a couple decades now.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-17-2018, 06:50 PM
random you can keep posting memes of past quotes that i actually agree with but you somehow keep skipping over the fact that our press is out of control and totally a machine of lies. these quotes suggest there's some integrity in the press but when there's not you're just going to keep pushing memes huh?

:lol out of control.

sickdsm
05-17-2018, 08:20 PM
Maybe you can take a crack at it.

Is the media the "enemy of the people" as Donald Trump claims?

Enemy of the people? Not sure id label it that. Anyone with half a brain knows that fake news exists and is the norm. Use Bou and Chris/ducks for example. Come up with any topic and you can find articles that are in favor or against it, no matter how preposterous it is. Read a well written article? Better check the source before you recommend it.

spurraider21
05-17-2018, 08:31 PM
Enemy of the people? Not sure id label it that. Anyone with half a brain knows that fake news exists and is the norm. Use Bou and Chris/ducks for example. Come up with any topic and you can find articles that are in favor or against it, no matter how preposterous it is. Read a well written article? Better check the source before you recommend it.
what's silly is having slanted writing conflated with "fake news" which was coined to describe stories that were factually false aka "pope endorses donald trump." that wasn't spin or slanted reporting. it was just fake.

when people try to spin pelosi's "we have to pass it to see what's in it" quote, there's a slant to it. when people simply make up quotes that weren't said, like trump supposedly saying "if i ever run for president, i'd run as a republican because their voters are stupid and will believe anything" that would be fake news

spurraider21
05-17-2018, 08:34 PM
slanted writing could still be intellectually dishonest, but that's still separate from "fake news" imo

spurraider21
05-17-2018, 08:35 PM
its funny, fake news was primarily being used by the left to describe those blatantly false social media articles being passed around during the 2016 campaign, but it has largely been hijacked by the right to describe any news they aren't really a fan of... just like how "collusion" has been hijacked to refer to any cooperation by people on the left with any party

sickdsm
05-17-2018, 09:23 PM
what's silly is having slanted writing conflated with "fake news" which was coined to describe stories that were factually false aka "pope endorses donald trump." that wasn't spin or slanted reporting. it was just fake.

when people try to spin pelosi's "we have to pass it to see what's in it" quote, there's a slant to it. when people simply make up quotes that weren't said, like trump supposedly saying "if i ever run for president, i'd run as a republican because their voters are stupid and will believe anything" that would be fake news

I don't care who came up with it but that's the term everyone knows. Even fake news like national enquirer is loosely based on some events.

RandomGuy
05-18-2018, 09:47 AM

Outright fake news is by far not the "norm". Sure it exists on the fringes.

How do you determine what is fake?

RandomGuy
05-18-2018, 09:50 AM
its funny, fake news was primarily being used by the left to describe those blatantly false social media articles being passed around during the 2016 campaign, but it has largely been hijacked by the right to describe any news they aren't really a fan of... just like how "collusion" has been hijacked to refer to any cooperation by people on the left with any party

Trump pretty much slipped up and admitted he views anything negative as "fake". Someone did a study of negative coverage and came up with 91% of stories about Trump being negative. Then Trump used that exact percentage to describe "fake news" in a tweet.

We pretty much knew this already, but that kinda sealed it.

Democracy only works through negative feedback, and when part of the electorate is programmed in a cult-like way to believe anything negative is "fake", that is dangerous, and corrosive.

RandomGuy
05-18-2018, 09:53 AM

The question remains.

Stop dissembling. or... keep dissembling. That makes it easy for me to show how dishonest/hypocritical you are. This liberal gets the better of you either way, because at the heart, your arguments are weak, and at some level you know that.

Most (84%) of Americans recognize the importance of news/media to our democracy. They just don't trust the news/media and that trend has been happening for a couple decades now.

Not really an answer. I am pretty confident I know what the real answer for you is, and why you are so hesitant to speak it plainly. If you had any critical thinking skills or intellectual honesty, you might reflect on why you think that. But first, I will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt and allow you to be honest. Maybe you will surprise me.

RandomGuy
05-18-2018, 10:13 AM

The press has a lot of integrity, with a few exceptions like O'Reilly and Hannity.

You don't want a free press any more than Trump or Nathan does. Don't lie to me about that.

sickdsm
05-18-2018, 11:03 AM
Outright fake news is by far not the "norm". Sure it exists on the fringes.

How do you determine what is fake?

I always read from multiple sources.

Couple different links will give you a drastic different view on the same story.

sickdsm
05-18-2018, 11:09 AM
Not really an answer. I am pretty confident I know what the real answer for you is, and why you are so hesitant to speak it plainly. If you had any critical thinking skills or intellectual honesty, you might reflect on why you think that. But first, I will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt and allow you to be honest. Maybe you will surprise me.

Recognizeing a problem doesn't automatically qualify one to solve it. If he fucking had a great solution I'm sure he would have shared it. I swear it's a prerequisite to demand perfect solutions in here to every issue.

RandomGuy
05-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Didn't take much to make Nathan run away from this thread.

All I did was ask him to think.

What does that say about his positions?

RandomGuy
05-18-2018, 02:16 PM
Recognizeing a problem doesn't automatically qualify one to solve it. If he fucking had a great solution I'm sure he would have shared it. I swear it's a prerequisite to demand perfect solutions in here to every issue.

Bullshit. He can't even define the problem. :cry I had to read something I don't agree with, the media is biased :cry

Fucking whiney ass echo chamber titty babies who can't think for themselves have been brainwashed by people with every motivation to lie about how biased the media is.

People that bitch about "media bias" don't want "free press" they want ONLY media that says things that they agree with 24/7, and would happily imprison or kill journalists just like in every other shitty country on the planet.

Koriwhat is a perfect example.

Fucking conservative hypocritical pieces of shit, IMO. "we are for freedom, but only for us, not for you"

smh

koriwhat
05-19-2018, 02:28 PM
The press has a lot of integrity, with a few exceptions like O'Reilly and Hannity.

You don't want a free press any more than Trump or Nathan does. Don't lie to me about that.

animals!

lmao everyone but 2 losers i don't even watch huh? who are those others btw? funny how yall loser leftys throw out names like o'reilly and hannity at me when i don't give a fuck about either of them and have never listened nor watched either. i take that back, i saw o'reilly's access hollywood outburst and i know hannity "tick tock"'s a lot from what i read online. every MSM outlet is great as long as they aren't conservative! hahaha fucking cliche.

koriwhat
05-19-2018, 02:29 PM
Bullshit. He can't even define the problem. :cry I had to read something I don't agree with, the media is biased :cry

Fucking whiney ass echo chamber titty babies who can't think for themselves have been brainwashed by people with every motivation to lie about how biased the media is.

People that bitch about "media bias" don't want "free press" they want ONLY media that says things that they agree with 24/7, and would happily imprison or kill journalists just like in every other shitty country on the planet.

Koriwhat is a perfect example.

Fucking conservative hypocritical pieces of shit, IMO. "we are for freedom, but only for us, not for you"

smh

you're a perfect example of a brainwashed loser. don't put that on me because you suck the devil's dick. that ain't my problem lemming.

koriwhat
05-19-2018, 02:31 PM
btw randompieceofshit, you have no clue what i am and am not for. you only assume you know. i'm more for blowing up this whole planet and ridding the energy of the universe of those like you even if that means we all go too.

RandomGuy
05-21-2018, 02:36 PM
btw randompieceofshit, you have no clue what i am and am not for. you only assume you know. i'm more for blowing up this whole planet and ridding the energy of the universe of those like you even if that means we all go too.

Somehow I suspect that you have no clue what you are, or aren't, for either. Whatevs.

koriwhat
05-23-2018, 02:33 PM
Somehow I suspect that you have no clue what you are, or aren't, for either. Whatevs.

i clearly know. yall left loons just wish everyone else was as clueless as yall and subscribe to your same insane cult mentality.

Pavlov
05-23-2018, 02:35 PM
btw randompieceofshit, you have no clue what i am and am not for. you only assume you know. i'm more for blowing up this whole planet and ridding the energy of the universe of those like you even if that means we all go too.The day isn't complete until koriwhat wishes death upon the entire population of the Earth.

koriwhat
05-23-2018, 02:43 PM
The day isn't complete until koriwhat wishes death upon the entire population of the Earth.

if it rids the planet of those as dumb as you pav, then let's get this show on the road already!

RandomGuy
05-23-2018, 03:07 PM
The day isn't complete until koriwhat wishes death upon the entire population of the Earth.

Yeah. KW sort of relegates himself to non-seriousness. I doubt even he takes himself seriously.

Think Nathan will ever try to defend his position? Seems to not have much to say if you get him off his script.

RandomGuy
05-23-2018, 06:33 PM

The question remains.

RandomGuy
05-23-2018, 06:33 PM
I guess Nathan has time to blather about the academic achievement of some kid whose views he likes... but not to defend his own shitty opinions.

Wonder why that is?

Nathan89
05-23-2018, 06:36 PM
I've answered you already tbh.

RandomGuy
05-23-2018, 06:41 PM
I've answered you already tbh.

Bullshit you did.

You changed the subject as soon as you could to avoid it.

Nathan89
05-23-2018, 06:59 PM
If they stopped pushing lies and narrative so much they'll be doing a better job.

How will we know when they've done that sufficiently?

It's hard to say but at the moment I don't think they have.

RandomGuy
05-24-2018, 12:57 PM
If they stopped pushing lies and narrative so much they'll be doing a better job.

So who gets to judge what is "lies and narrative"? YOU? Do tell.

Seems to me like you want freedom for yourself, but not for others.

How noble.

RandomGuy
05-24-2018, 01:01 PM

Maybe you want a strong willed leader like Trump to define what is "lies" and what is "narrative"?

'You know why I [attack the press]? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.'"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/trump-told-lesley-stahl-he-bashes-press-to-discredit-negative-stories.html

Seems like you don't want "freedom", other than in the Orwellian sense.

Smells a lot like totalitarianism to me. Cool with you though, right?

sickdsm
05-24-2018, 02:15 PM
Closest thing we have to a modern day Einstein , Musk, claims no one believes the media and they lack integrity but RH and the ST crew are pretty sure people like him are idiots. Exactly what are your credentials again?

Pavlov
05-24-2018, 02:21 PM
Closest thing we have to a modern day Einstein , Musk, claims no one believes the media and they lack integrity but RH and the ST crew are pretty sure people like him are idiots. Exactly what are your credentials again?Musk's car got justifiably bad reviews and he declares jihad.

He can grade them any way he wants, but he can't claim to be free of bias.

RandomGuy
05-24-2018, 02:23 PM
Closest thing we have to a modern day Einstein , Musk, claims no one believes the media and they lack integrity but RH and the ST crew are pretty sure people like him are idiots. Exactly what are your credentials again?

You will have to express yourself a bit more in depth before I can give you any kind of answer here.

RH? ST?

Really not sure what you are trying to say here.

spurraider21
05-24-2018, 02:34 PM
Closest thing we have to a modern day Einstein , Musk
i dont see it

sickdsm
05-25-2018, 12:09 AM
RG. I have fat fingers. ST is Spurs talk

sickdsm
05-25-2018, 12:10 AM
i dont see it

Surely you would name names if you blatantly disagreed.......

spurraider21
05-25-2018, 12:38 AM
Surely you would name names if you blatantly disagreed.......
Musk is as more of an entrepreneur than anything. He’s not revolutionizing the world of science

ElNono
05-25-2018, 03:40 AM
Musk is more of a Bill Gates than an Einstein...

Good marketer, understands the technology he's using, not afraid to bet big in innovation, not afraid to fail.

Einstein was finding and explaining the rules... different ball game.

RandomGuy
05-25-2018, 10:26 AM
RG. I have fat fingers. ST is Spurs talk

I kinda got that, but RH? Even with that I'm still not *quite* sure what you were getting at. I can guess, but I always prefer not to. :)

RandomGuy
05-25-2018, 10:29 AM
Nathan again ducks out.

I have a theory that conservatives tend to be bad at critical thinking, because conservatism at its heart is logically flawed, i.e. the only way you can be a dedicated conservative is to be at least mildly delusional.

In this case, Nathan has a script and authors he likes, but when challenged to build on, and think about, his positions, he demurs.

Does Nathans failure support my thesis?

clambake
05-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Does Nathans failure support my thesis?
is your thesis about claiming victory?

RandomGuy
05-25-2018, 10:52 AM

Not exactly, but to some degree, yeah sure.

Self-deluding oneself into thinking that you have adequately answered a fair question about an assertion, when all you have done is simply re-state underlying assumptions that are being challenged would fit the thesis.

Good critical thinking always evaluates starting assumptions, and seeks to draw logical conclusions. Delusional, magical thinking prevents this.

RandomGuy
05-25-2018, 10:54 AM

A good example:

God is real because the bible says it is so. I know the bible is real, because god wrote it. I WIN!!

So yeah, to some degree, "declaring victory" when all you have done is expose your own flawed thinking to anyone who understands how to spot flaws (in this case circular reasoning) would fit the bill.

spurraider21
05-25-2018, 11:15 AM
I have a theory that conservatives tend to be bad at critical thinking, because conservatism at its heart is logically flawed, i.e. the only way you can be a dedicated conservative is to be at least mildly delusional.
http://cjzero.com/gifs/YawningBillRussell.gif

RandomGuy
05-25-2018, 11:20 AM
http://cjzero.com/gifs/YawningBillRussell.gif

:lol

Bill Russell rocks.