PDA

View Full Version : Minority Report is coming - scary technology

SpursforSix
04-30-2018, 12:15 PM
I saw this show yesterday that was talking about a ongoing project involving the U.S. govt. partnering with private tech firms.
They are working on mining data on everybody in the world from all sources (DL records, social media, etc.)
The goal is to try to predict which people are about to commit major crimes and actually kill the people from satellite based weapons before the crime is committed.

spurraider21
04-30-2018, 12:17 PM
Are you sure you weren’t just watching minority report

boutons_deux
04-30-2018, 12:18 PM
predictive policing is here

associative policing, too

SpursforSix
04-30-2018, 12:25 PM

LOL. I wish. IIRC, in Minority Report, someone had to physically track down the potential perp.

These satellite things will have precision weapons that can track a few million people at once and fire on them in seconds.

Blake
04-30-2018, 03:12 PM
I saw this show yesterday that was talking about a ongoing project involving the U.S. govt. partnering with private tech firms.
They are working on mining data on everybody in the world from all sources (DL records, social media, etc.)
The goal is to try to predict which people are about to commit major crimes and actually kill the people from satellite based weapons before the crime is committed.

killing people from satellite based weapons huh.

Think twice before pirating Avengers part 8

Chris
04-30-2018, 03:20 PM

:lol

boutons_deux
04-30-2018, 03:41 PM
Creepy or Not? Your Privacy Concerns Likely Reflect Your Politics

A new study on surveillance finds that

Republicans tend to feel pleased about tracking, both online and in real life,

while Democrats often feel bad about it

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/technology/privacy-concerns-politics.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

hater
04-30-2018, 04:48 PM
AI + Drones

This shit already being done overseas tbqh

AI monitoring cell communications notifies that there is an Afghan or Yemeni wedding or funeral going on so the drones go and bomb the hell out that shit. = many future terrorists are obliterated

Obama coined this strategy

Spurtacular
04-30-2018, 05:59 PM
We live in a police state; nothing should shock anyone who is paying attention.

AaronY
04-30-2018, 07:02 PM
eerie how accurate that movie was in some respects: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technologies_in_Minority_Report

sickdsm
04-30-2018, 07:27 PM
Creepy or Not? Your Privacy Concerns Likely Reflect Your Politics

A new study on surveillance finds that

Republicans tend to feel pleased about tracking, both online and in real life,

while Democrats often feel bad about it

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/technology/privacy-concerns-politics.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Would have liked to see correlated data on credit history of respondents and who's hired someone before.

Not saying you can't be a good employee if your credits shit but someone who's stiffed people in the past would be less trust worthy than those that made sure to pay their debts.

I also don't qualify credit checks as surveillance tho.

SpursforSix
05-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Would have liked to see correlated data on credit history of respondents and who's hired someone before.

Not saying you can't be a good employee if your credits shit but someone who's stiffed people in the past would be less trust worthy than those that made sure to pay their debts.

I also don't qualify credit checks as surveillance tho.

I agree but are they only evaluating based on payment status?

Or are they making the leap that someone who owes a lot of money might be more likely to steal?

I don't know the answer but I would say that someone with high balances and a history of non-payment is statistically a higher risk.

InRareForm
05-01-2018, 11:26 AM
what show? i would like to see this

SpursforSix
05-01-2018, 12:08 PM
what show? i would like to see this

I don't know. I only saw the middle part. But they theorized that these satellite weapons could be sabotaged and taken control of by switching out some control chips. And then have the satellites destroy each other.

sickdsm
05-01-2018, 01:57 PM
I agree but are they only evaluating based on payment status?

Or are they making the leap that someone who owes a lot of money might be more likely to steal?

I don't know the answer but I would say that someone with high balances and a history of non-payment is statistically a higher risk.
Allot of people that owe allot of money have great credit. That's not how credit checks work..........

SpursforSix
05-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Allot of people that owe allot of money have great credit. That's not how credit checks work..........

Hmmm. I thought that credit was hurt by a high debt to income ratio. Does that not affect one's credit score?