PDA

View Full Version : Would the Spurs admit their mistake and bring back Dedmon this summer?

alpha_HaZE
05-01-2018, 02:47 AM
I say 4-years 55 million dollars would be fair. He had an amazing season with the Hawkes; "Perhaps the most revelatory aspect of this season for Dedmon was a newfound three-point jump shot."

DJ, Kawhi, Rudy, LA, and Dedmon is a scary line up for opponents to guard. Collectively, they shoot 38% from the 3 point line, and we can use some 3 point shooting! With a healthy Kawhi they might be the BEST defensive line up against small ball or the best defense against anyone pretty much. They do match up well with HOU and GSW.

Dedmon plus that 18th draft pick would add a much-needed injection of athleticism on this team.

Snaq O'Meal
05-01-2018, 04:38 AM
They’ll never bring Dedmon back. There’s a greater chance of Forbes becoming MVP than for Pop to get over himself.

Play Boban
05-01-2018, 04:53 AM
Deadman is trash!!!

exstatic
05-01-2018, 06:46 AM
I say 4-years 55 million dollars would be fair. He had an amazing season with the Hawkes; "Perhaps the most revelatory aspect of this season for Dedmon was a newfound three-point jump shot."

DJ, Kawhi, Rudy, LA, and Dedmon is a scary line up for opponents to guard. Collectively, they shoot 38% from the 3 point line, and we can use some 3 point shooting! With a healthy Kawhi they might be the BEST defensive line up against small ball or the best defense against anyone pretty much. They do match up well with HOU and GSW.

Dedmon plus that 18th draft pick would add a much-needed injection of athleticism on this team.

Where are we getting that $14M in cap Room?

Dverde
05-01-2018, 07:35 AM
He’ll be back as an assistant coach like the other disgruntled players

spurraider21
05-01-2018, 01:25 PM
dedmon played well for us last year and has even developed a freakin 3pt shot :lol

Chinook
05-01-2018, 01:43 PM
There are a lot of scenarios where I'd welcome him back. People are forgetting how shit he was at times last year, though. I'd wager he had a lot of shitty moments in ATL as well. For the MLE (for at least three years), why not? The team needs an option other than Pau. But I'm not making cap space for him.

phxspurfan
05-01-2018, 02:11 PM
He wasn't that good. But as a 4th/5th big why not.

Keepin' it real
05-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Dedmon

:lol

Maddog
05-01-2018, 03:05 PM
He is one of those looks good from far, but far from good players.

A definite upgrade over Joff, however that upgrade comes with a higher price

SpurPadre
05-01-2018, 03:17 PM
His tweet complaining about playing time sealed his fate tbh.

Dex
05-01-2018, 03:47 PM
Everyone is acting like he made this huge leap with the Hawks...when all he did was really add a three-pointer and slightly increase his Per-36 scoring, which is bound to happen when you get more touches.

Otherwise, his 2P%, Rebounding %, PER, True Shooting, Win Shares, etc...all dropped despite increased usage. And it's not like he's going to get that same usage with SA, especially if Kawhi does come back.

Don't get me wrong...he would instantly become our 2nd best big behind Aldridge, but as others have said, I wouldn't break the bank for him, and I'm not convinced he'd be any better than he was last season.

bigfan
05-01-2018, 04:13 PM
I liked the guy, if they could get him at the right price hell yes. Just look how long Nazi Mohamed played in the league.

Hoops Czar
05-01-2018, 04:58 PM
There are a lot of scenarios where I'd welcome him back. People are forgetting how shit he was at times last year, though. I'd wager he had a lot of shitty moments in ATL as well. For the MLE (for at least three years), why not? The team needs an option other than Pau. But I'm not making cap space for him.

Spurs don't have a bank to break however, please tell me how good Joffrey and Pau were for the Spurs this year.

Thomas82
05-01-2018, 05:11 PM
It's a better chance of them drafting a big than Dedmon coming back this summer.

sasaint
05-01-2018, 05:43 PM
They’ll never bring Dedmon back. There’s a greater chance of Forbes becoming MVP than for Pop to get over himself.

Perfectly put. :toast

John B
05-01-2018, 05:47 PM
Murray/Green/Kawhi/Gay/LMA. I don’t see Dedmon, if ever, starting. And 14mil is too much for a backup center. Let Forbes go and bring Milutinov as 3rd big. Draft a big man like Robinson to develop. And maybe an athletic wing from 2nd round

BackHome
05-01-2018, 05:53 PM
I’ll take Nikola over him any day.

r0drig0lac
05-01-2018, 06:07 PM
better than Pau

phxspurfan
05-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Everyone is acting like he made this huge leap with the Hawks...when all he did was really add a three-pointer and slightly increase his Per-36 scoring, which is bound to happen when you get more touches.

Otherwise, his 2P%, Rebounding %, PER, True Shooting, Win Shares, etc...all dropped despite increased usage. And it's not like he's going to get that same usage with SA, especially if Kawhi does come back.

Don't get me wrong...he would instantly become our 2nd best big behind Aldridge, but as others have said, I wouldn't break the bank for him, and I'm not convinced he'd be any better than he was last season.

This. He's barely above replacement level. And there are likely g-leaguers/FAs (replacement level guys) who would cost much less.

SAGirl
05-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Murray/Green/Kawhi/Gay/LMA. I don’t see Dedmon, if ever, starting. And 14mil is too much for a backup center. Let Forbes go and bring Milutinov as 3rd big. Draft a big man like Robinson to develop. And maybe an athletic wing from 2nd round
Pau Gasol says hello and reminds you that he's had his best statistical season for the minutes he was given and that he still wants to play several more years...:wakeup 16 mill X yr.

BackHome
05-01-2018, 08:07 PM
Pau be smoking that good Spanish shit.

YGWHI
05-01-2018, 08:47 PM
Under 30, athletic, defensive big, with a 3p shoot...Of couse, this team doesn't need one.

A player doesn't develop a three-point shoot just for having more touches.

I wouldn't break the bank for him, and I'm not convinced he'd be any better than he was last season.
We saw the Spurs breaking the bank for Pau Gasol.
This makes me think Pop didn't like Dedmon for whatever -off-court- reason, which is sad, because we lost a good player.

Uriel
05-02-2018, 12:38 AM
Rather have Milutinov.

james evans
05-02-2018, 05:15 AM
Deadman is trash!!!
then what is Gasol?

james evans
05-02-2018, 05:17 AM
This. He's barely above replacement level. And there are likely g-leaguers/FAs (replacement level guys) who would cost much less.
once again, are you aware of what Gasol is making to do absolutely nothing?

Play Boban
05-02-2018, 06:01 AM
then what is Gasol?
A corpse. But the advanced stats show Gasol is still better than Deadman tbh... :wakeup

BillMc
05-02-2018, 08:23 AM
I don't get the fetishization of Dedmon. Dude couldn't catch, couldn't shoot (when in SA at least), lost his starting job, and supposedly had attitude issues.

Rather have had Lee back.

Boomersgold
05-02-2018, 08:32 AM
Good locker room guy and the Spurs need a rebounder. If he'd be willing to take the minimum..

james evans
05-02-2018, 12:26 PM
A corpse. But the advanced stats show Gasol is still better than Deadman tbh... :wakeup
I don't care about advanced stats, numbers, and that espn shit. I know from an eye test, he's pure garbage and can't anyone while not being able to even post up Harden.

james evans
05-02-2018, 12:29 PM
I don't get the fetishization of Dedmon. Dude couldn't catch, couldn't shoot (when in SA at least), lost his starting job, and supposedly had attitude issues.

attitude issues with who??? haha. Because he talks trash on the court? Then I guess Paul Pierce and KG had the MAJOR attitude issues. What is your source for this information? Because he wouldn't suck Popovich's dick and take pay cuts like a good boy should?

phxspurfan
05-02-2018, 12:37 PM
once again, are you aware of what Gasol is making to do absolutely nothing?

Yes, but Gasol is already under contract unfortunately, so nothing the Spurs can do about that. Probably nobody is going to take him in a trade unless we give out picks or better talent for that salary absorption

exstatic
05-02-2018, 01:10 PM
Good locker room guy and the Spurs need a rebounder. If he'd be willing to take the minimum..

Good locker room guy? He re-tweeted someone who said he should be starting. That's pretty much taking a dump on a team mate. In addition, he allegedly cussed Pop.

exstatic
05-02-2018, 01:11 PM
attitude issues with who??? haha. Because he talks trash on the court? Then I guess Paul Pierce and KG had the MAJOR attitude issues. What is your source for this information? Because he wouldn't suck Popovich's dick and take pay cuts like a good boy should?

You understand that neither of those players would be Spurs, either, right?

exstatic
05-02-2018, 01:12 PM

BillMc
05-02-2018, 02:47 PM

It's been a year and I'm not going to look up sources. But he tweeted he should be starting and generally was said to be malcontent because he thought he was far better than he actually was. Kinda like SJax when he was washed up. But at least SJax was once good...

Hoops Czar
05-02-2018, 03:22 PM
Stephen Jackson was.

exstatic
05-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Stephen Jackson was.

He was a salary that fit at the 2012 trade deadline in the RJ deal. Even at the time, on the notification phone call, Pop said "we're not talking about an extension". He was also cut right before the 2013 playoffs. Doesn't scream "good fit" to me. He was a convenience until he wore out his welcome. He was so toxic around the league at the time that GS took on two extra years of RJ 's salary to not have him report to them from that GS/Milwaukee trade near the deadline.

Hoops Czar
05-02-2018, 03:32 PM
It's been a year and I'm not going to look up sources. But he tweeted he should be starting and generally was said to be malcontent because he thought he was far better than he actually was. Kinda like SJax when he was washed up. But at least SJax was once good...
Dedmon's #'s were basically the same as Pau's and he was a better defender. I don't think it's the same as a washed up S-Jax thinking he should be playing over a two way player like Danny Green. Dedmon should have been starting and if a younger coach with a head on his shoulders was coaching the Spurs, he would have.

Pop should have had the talk with Pau..." So you think you're better than Dedmon?"

Play Boban
05-02-2018, 04:05 PM
I don't care about advanced stats, numbers, and that espn shit. I know from an eye test, he's pure garbage and can't anyone while not being able to even post up Harden.
Your eyes are liars.

LakerHater
05-02-2018, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't mind but he betr vine cheap!

Dex
05-02-2018, 06:15 PM
A player doesn't develop a three-point shoot just for having more touches.

The touchers was in reference to his Per-36 scoring increase, not him developing a three-point shot.

Strategic
05-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Spurs don’t need anyone that might keep Westbrook and the likes from making layup after layup after layup. Stick with the slow footed dudes that might make a three.

duncan2k5
05-02-2018, 07:48 PM

Because he is on a trash team.. Playing with good players usually makes you look better

DaBears
05-02-2018, 10:58 PM
As far as mistakes go, one of the biggest would be TP & Manu calling out there teammate, I mean shit TP sexting Brent B’s wife and no call out was made public.. I’m am thinking if Kiwi was going to resign TP would need to be gone, it wasn’t cool calling out your teammate like that, no matter the circumstance. But he is French they are use to stabbin people in the back... *ouch to soon :)

Play Boban
05-03-2018, 03:44 AM
Because he is on a trash team.. Playing with good players usually makes you look better

No.

dbestpro
05-03-2018, 07:37 AM
A better question would by why would Dedmon want to come back to the Spurs?

Boomersgold
05-03-2018, 08:13 AM
Good locker room guy? He re-tweeted someone who said he should be starting. That's pretty much taking a dump on a team mate. In addition, he allegedly cussed Pop.

Didn't he go around asking the players and coaching staff to sign a ball after he was cut? Couldn't have been that bad

SAGirl
05-03-2018, 01:14 PM
heh Pau went on a podcast with Jabari Young saying he should be starting too, when it was Davis Bertans starting... then Danny and Kyle... Deadman hasn't done anything we haven't seen from any of the recent new era Spurs.

He doesn't have Pau's culture tho.:wakeup

SAGirl
05-03-2018, 01:16 PM
As far as mistakes go, one of the biggest would be TP & Manu calling out there teammate, I mean shit TP sexting Brent B’s wife and no call out was made public.. I’m am thinking if Kiwi was going to resign TP would need to be gone, it wasn’t cool calling out your teammate like that, no matter the circumstance. But he is French they are use to stabbin people in the back... *ouch to soon :)
yea... Deadman was cake compared to that... plus Pau going on a podcast publishing his desire to still be starting. I think if Pau had played in those Hawks last year he wouldn't have done much better tbh.

james evans
05-03-2018, 03:49 PM
Dedmon's #'s were basically the same as Pau's and he was a better defender. I don't think it's the same as a washed up S-Jax thinking he should be playing over a two way player like Danny Green. Dedmon should have been starting and if a younger coach with a head on his shoulders was coaching the Spurs, he would have.

Pop should have had the talk with Pau..." So you think you're better than Dedmon?"
my thoughts exactly. Everyone here knows Gasol is washed up. If they are willing to act like Gasol is currently this good defensive player, rebounder, and finisher to support their argument, then they're the ones that gotta live with looking at themselves in the mirror after defending that lie.

james evans
05-03-2018, 03:51 PM
and you're saying this like they are any less great because of that haha. Jordan or Magic wouldn't have been a Spur either. it takes a special kind of player to let a guy like popovich talk you into taking pay cuts while slashing your stats. Everyone isn't built for that.

Raven
05-03-2018, 05:01 PM
while i don't dislike him, I don't see how he has had a great season... Also, I don't think he'd improve us in the slightest, since we don't play fast tempo anyway.

alpha_HaZE
05-04-2018, 02:18 AM

Agree with all you said, but remember at the time they didn't know that Dedmon will develop a reliable three-point shot. And Gasol is perfect for LA, because he shoots the three.

I mean the irony. Spurs are developing Kyle, Davis, and Bryn for the past few years and they are OK but none has made huge strides adding new skills, and yet the one player that let go that's the one that actually improves!

alpha_HaZE
05-04-2018, 02:25 AM
while i don't dislike him, I don't see how he has had a great season... Also, I don't think he'd improve us in the slightest, since we don't play fast tempo anyway.

It's the defense on the perimeter and his athleticism that we desperately need. That fact that she shoots the three means he can stretch the floor for LA and Kawhi. He also is pretty effective pick n roll big. But as we saw in the playoffs and last few games of the season, we need to rebound, and rebounding has changed in the last few years. The more teams shoot threes the more long rebounds are out there. Lanky bigs that can box out, don't cut it anymore. We get killed on the boards every time. With Pau, Kyle, and Davis.

YGWHI
05-04-2018, 08:12 AM
and you're saying this like they are any less great because of that haha. Jordan or Magic wouldn't have been a Spur either.

Sadly, this is true. Pop only feels comfortable with some type of players. That's why the Spurs re-signed Patty...Or keep their old soldiers like Parker and Manu.

I doubt he could have dealt with high profile guys like Jordan, LeBron, Magic...Media is saying Pop can't even deal with a quiet guy and his ambitious uncle, just imagine him trying to coach MJ.

I hate Phil but I have to give credit him for being able to handle guys like MJ and Kobe

YGWHI
05-04-2018, 08:18 AM
The touchers was in reference to his Per-36 scoring increase, not him developing a three-point shot.
:tu

heh Pau went on a podcast with Jabari Young saying he should be starting too, when it was Davis Bertans starting... then Danny and Kyle... Deadman hasn't done anything we haven't seen from any of the recent new era Spurs.

He doesn't have Pau's culture tho.:wakeup

Exactly...