PDA

View Full Version : If we lose the Sacramento game, do we still make the playoffs?

SASdynasty!
05-01-2018, 08:13 AM
2nd to last game of the season...if we lost that game, would we have still made the playoffs? Just curious whether we were one game away from breaking the playoff streak.

SASdynasty!
05-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Spurs/Denver (If Spurs lost to SAC):

RECORD: Both 46-36
H2H: 2-2
DIV: Both 9-7 (this wouldn’t have mattered)
CON: Both 28-24

I think the next tiebreaker is winning percentage against playoff-teams in conference.

SASdynasty!
05-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Ok I did the work...

Record against playoff teams in conference (West):

Spurs: 10-16
Nuggets: 13-13

So if we would have lost the Sacramento game, we would have missed the playoffs. Personally, I like getting the all-time playoff streak record over a couple spots higher in the lottery.

offset formation
05-01-2018, 09:23 PM
Ok I did the work...

Record against playoff teams in conference (West):

Spurs: 10-16
Nuggets: 13-13

So if we would have lost the Sacramento game, we would have missed the playoffs. Personally, I like getting the all-time playoff streak record over a couple spots higher in the lottery.

:bobo

Play Boban
05-02-2018, 06:09 AM
Manu is a legend. :wow

exstatic
05-02-2018, 08:59 AM
Manu is a legend. :wow

I know, right? He's played with and recovered from numerous quad contusions.

superbigtime
05-02-2018, 09:47 AM
I know, right? He's played with and recovered from numerous quad contusions.

Not to mention the sternal contusions he was getting at the end of the season. Ultimate diehard competitor.

BillMc
05-02-2018, 10:11 AM
If the French don't assist America, do we still win our independence from Britain?

SAGirl
05-02-2018, 10:26 AM
If the French don't assist America, do we still win our independence from Britain?
From my not so vast history knowledge... no. They were key in naval support and also bankrolled the army for a time when America was in deep debt. Thanks Lafayette for your service too. :toast

BillMc
05-02-2018, 10:55 AM
From my not so vast history knowledge... no. They were key in naval support and also bankrolled the army for a time when America was in deep debt. Thanks Lafayette for your service too. :toast

Spot on!:toast And Benjamin convinced the French to give colonists a ton of cash (beyond military) too.

SAGirl
05-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Spot on!:toast And Benjamin convinced the French to give colonists a ton of cash (beyond military) too.
that was probably a very good investment in hindsight.:hat

Pauleta14
05-02-2018, 04:34 PM

:toast

So how do you explain the fact that the Frenchs are the bad guys and the Brits are "family" in US culture?

dabom
05-02-2018, 04:37 PM

So how do you explain the fact that the Frenchs are the bad guys and the Brits are "family" in US culture?

World Wars

BillMc
05-02-2018, 05:03 PM

Don't know why there is some animosity between US and France, modern politics mainly, They were America's greatest friend through WWI at least. Thomas Jefferson helped Napoleon fund his campaigns by buying land from him, the French gave us the Statue of Liberty. All was buddy buddy.

I think the English though with the shared language were always going to be natural kin to America and once the generations that fought in 1812-14, and later the American Civil War (Brits seriously considered helping the South who sold their Empire all that cotton) were dead, bygones could be bygones, and then the countries became pretty tight in the late Victorian era. The communication and entertainment developments of the late industrial revolution also were key as there was now more shared language experience (movies, records, radio, much later television) than just reading. By WWI and certainly by WWII, Britain had replaced France as our strongest partner.

That said, some of us know the debt America owes to France. :toast

SASdynasty!
05-02-2018, 07:35 PM
Don't know why there is some animosity between US and France, modern politics mainly, They were America's greatest friend through WWI at least. Thomas Jefferson helped Napoleon fund his campaigns by buying land from him, the French gave us the Statue of Liberty. All was buddy buddy.

I think the English though with the shared language were always going to be natural kin to America and once the generations that fought in 1812-14, and later the American Civil War (Brits seriously considered helping the South who sold their Empire all that cotton) were dead, bygones could be bygones, and then the countries became pretty tight in the late Victorian era. The communication and entertainment developments of the late industrial revolution also were key as there was now more shared language experience (movies, records, radio, much later television) than just reading. By WWI and certainly by WWII, Britain had replaced France as our strongest partner.

We don’t get out of the 1st round of the playoffs in 2014 without the French :lobt2:

BillMc
05-02-2018, 10:48 PM
We don’t get out of the 1st round of the playoffs in 2014 without the French :lobt2:

Truth. :flag:

Pauleta14
05-05-2018, 05:23 AM

I know and don't have a problem with that, I understand the logic...

What I never understood is why some need to "despise" the Frenchs, you can prefer the Brits without hating the Frenchs...

The reverse thing exist in France, a majority of French likes to hate on Americans with all sorts of clichés. :lol

Pauleta14
05-05-2018, 05:25 AM
World Wars

factually wrong ;)