PDA

View Full Version : article says Kwahi wants bigger market

lmbebo
05-01-2018, 08:31 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773620-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-spurs-worried-sf-wants-move-to-knicks-lakers-76ers

But its bleacher report.... so make your own decisions ...

FireMicoHalili
05-01-2018, 08:52 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773620-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-spurs-worried-sf-wants-move-to-knicks-lakers-76ers

But its bleacher report.... so make your own decisions ...

I don’t know how sports fans still fall for this but I’ll do this for the sake of explaining how sports journalism works. This is a list of the article’s “sources”:

1. Ramona Shelburne and Michael Wright, quoting “multiple sources” whom they did not identify
2. Jalen Rose citing no identifiable or veritable source
3. Wojnarowski and Michael Wright, again citing “league sources” and “multiple sources”
4. Wojnarowski and Wright again, citing Buford who denied
5. W&W citing Popovich, who said Kawhi isn’t ready
6. Frank Isola saying Kawhi wanted less practices, according to “league sources”, which sounds impossible given the insane amount of rest the Spurs get

no one has ever revealed their “league sources” or tried to interview Dennis Robertson even once. They’ve all had access to league sources who haven’t pointed them in his uncle’s way. No one has reached out to Kawhi for comment. Unless they actually point to a person with an actual name who can verify everything that’s being thrown around, or unless Kawhi himself talks, I’ll take all of these with boulders of salt.

offset formation
05-01-2018, 09:17 AM
I don’t know how sports fans still fall for this but I’ll do this for the sake of explaining how sports journalism works. This is a list of the article’s “sources”:

1. Ramona Shelburne and Michael Wright, quoting “multiple sources” whom they did not identify
3. Wojnarowski and Michael Wright, again citing “league sources” and “multiple sources”
6. Frank Isola saying Kawhi wanted less practices, according to “league sources”, which sounds impossible given the insane amount of rest the Spurs get

no one has ever revealed their “league sources” or tried to interview Dennis Robertson even once. They’ve all had access to league sources who haven’t pointed them in his uncle’s way. No one has reached out to Kawhi for comment. Unless they actually point to a person with an actual name who can verify everything that’s being thrown around, or unless Kawhi himself talks, I’ll take all of these with boulders of salt.

How do you know this?

"never tried to interview Dennis Robertson even once. They’ve all had access to league sources who haven’t pointed them in his uncle’s way. No one has reached out to Kawhi for comment"

rjv
05-01-2018, 11:28 AM
whoever wrote this should refer to the ESPN piece on how to properly document an "investigative" piece.

duncan2k5
05-01-2018, 11:29 AM
I'm getting sick of these clickbait headlines from Bleacher Report that contain nothing but speculation... Can't wait until Kawhi resigns the supermax and shuts them up

duncan2k5
05-01-2018, 11:29 AM

Exactly

eDizzle20
05-01-2018, 11:50 AM

Rarely does any sports journalist ever reveals their sources. I'm sure they want to remain anonymous. Woj is a reliable source. He hasn't stated that Kawhi wants to be traded, but every other journalist will assume such for click bait.

TheGreatYacht
05-01-2018, 12:10 PM
:lol dipshits want insiders to name their sources

I guess Aldridge didn't request a trade either! Everything is awesome! Haha "sources"!

Mikeanaro
05-01-2018, 12:23 PM
Spurs are the best to overpay, look DG Mills Gasol and Porker.
You can make a fortune while doing nothing.

FireMicoHalili
05-01-2018, 04:59 PM
How do you know this?

"never tried to interview Dennis Robertson even once. They’ve all had access to league sources who haven’t pointed them in his uncle’s way. No one has reached out to Kawhi for comment"
Have you not followed the NBA enough? Has anyone ever considered these writers’ hit rates with regard to rumors? Wojnarowski, sure, but the others?

Have you seen their articles indicate such? Even the most basic news articles indicate “x news outfit has reached out to Y/Y’s camp but has yet to respond”. Have you seen any article even trying? It’s always “league sources”.

FireMicoHalili
05-01-2018, 05:02 PM
:lol dipshits want insiders to name their sources

I guess Aldridge didn't request a trade either! Everything is awesome! Haha "sources"!
If it flew over your head the point was to take all these rumors lightly. But what did I expect from this cesspool of idiocy �� I’d hope to not be as pathetic as to reach 30k posts here. Utterly disgusting

Hoops Czar
05-01-2018, 05:06 PM
An introvert who keeps to himself, doesn't like the spotlight/limelight and doesn't like to draw uneccessary attention to himself wants to play for a large market. Yeah, sure he does. :lol

John B
05-01-2018, 05:19 PM
I think it’s more like his uncle wants him to play in a big market to get the shoe-deal they want. My impression of Kawhi is that he just wants to play. Fire your uncle, Kawhi.

Down Under
05-01-2018, 06:35 PM
I don't think a bigger market is going to affect his shoe deal & surely his Uncle who's calling everything knows this. He's not high profile because he doesn't engage on social media & doesn't talk during interviews. He can get the Supermax in San Antonio & that's what this is all about. The shoe deal is not going to be better in a bigger market & financially he's best off in SA.

duncan2k5
05-01-2018, 06:52 PM
This big market stuff is old school... Social media has eliminated the big market nonsense... Cleveland wasn't a big market... OKC isn't... Boston is a big sports town, but it isn't a big market like NY, LA MIA...truth is social media made it so that traditionally smaller markets can now have players that are super popular... Much moreso than so called big markets... If it wasn't for Lonzo's father, we wouldn't be hearing anything about LA, and since PorZ got injured, we stopped hearing about the Knicks... And no one cares about the Nets

offset formation
05-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Have you not followed the NBA enough? Has anyone ever considered these writers’ hit rates with regard to rumors? Wojnarowski, sure, but the others?

Have you seen their articles indicate such? Even the most basic news articles indicate “x news outfit has reached out to Y/Y’s camp but has yet to respond”. Have you seen any article even trying? It’s always “league sources”.

Valid point. My only rebuttal would be that it's likely they didn't need to "reach out" because they were likely already included as their sources.

cool cat
05-01-2018, 08:30 PM
An introvert who keeps to himself, doesn't like the spotlight/limelight and doesn't like to draw uneccessary attention to himself wants to play for a large market. Yeah, sure he does. :lol

Yeah, I don't buy that either. Unless that's his Uncle talking to him.

I mean if this year made Kawhi uncomfortable imagine the LA or NY media hounding him. Imagine Lavar Ball running up to each microphone calling him out for not playing. Grass is always greener...

daslicer
05-01-2018, 10:08 PM
The article should say Uncle Dennis wants a bigger market.

turkish spurs fan
05-01-2018, 10:16 PM
go migros

tholdren
05-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Bye