PDA

View Full Version : This little beauty can be yours for the low price of $650,000

DarrinS
05-02-2018, 03:25 PM
Smh, San Francisco

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/459-Ralston-St-San-Francisco-CA-94132/15189794_zpid/

Evidently, this is the cheapest single-family home in SF. :lol

Spurminator
05-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Looks like supply and demand capitalism to me. Is the solution to legislate a maximum cost at which homeowners can sell their property?

DarrinS
05-02-2018, 03:30 PM
The solution is to move :lol

clambake
05-02-2018, 03:31 PM
no one is looking to buy that house.

they're looking to buy the land.

Pavlov
05-02-2018, 03:33 PM

they're looking to buy the land.Yeah, if you got the money for the land, you got the money to fix/replace the residence and make more money.

Chucho
05-02-2018, 03:40 PM
LOL, went to Bubba Gump's for dinner last night. The tweakers and bums took over the BART (the light train all over the Bay area) AGAIN.

San Fran is on a big bubble that's gonna be one nasty shit show when it pops. Ever since Modesto refused to let the Bay Area keep busing their trash into the city, things have just been getting worse and worse there. The Bay's becoming like the whole of Cali- only 10% is actually nice.

DarrinS
05-02-2018, 03:42 PM

they're looking to buy the land.

Most likely

clambake
05-02-2018, 03:42 PM
just 10%, huh?

DisAsTerBot
05-02-2018, 04:19 PM
LOL, went to Bubba Gump's for dinner last night. The tweakers and bums took over the BART (the light train all over the Bay area) AGAIN.

San Fran is on a big bubble that's gonna be one nasty shit show when it pops. Ever since Modesto refused to let the Bay Area keep busing their trash into the city, things have just been getting worse and worse there. The Bay's becoming like the whole of Cali- only 10% is actually nice.

Can a restaurant based on a movie premise possibly be good? I’ve always wondered who besides tourists eat there tbh

DarrinS
05-02-2018, 04:23 PM
Can a restaurant based on a movie premise possibly be good? I’ve always wondered who besides tourists eat there tbh

I've eaten there. It's actually pretty good.

Chucho
05-02-2018, 04:24 PM

It's delish. Personally, I like it better than Joe's Crab Shack and the other nicer sit down chain seafood places.

Chucho
05-02-2018, 04:28 PM
just 10%, huh?

The coast line and the mountains. You don't have to come far inland from the coast to be in the shits. And even then, SoCal's smog is ghastly. Glad you like it here.

But the other 90% is farmland, smog filled valley, deserts or smog filled, crime-ridden shithole that no one wants to live in by choice. Again, glad you like it here. I'm not long for this place, leaving to Idaho here sooner than later.

baseline bum
05-02-2018, 04:32 PM
You guys like Bubba Gump? I ate at the one in Santa Monica one time around ten years ago and it was something like $22 for some soup with four not even bait sized shrimp in it. I could have bought three of the 1/3rd pound gigantic shrimp at the fish market on the Redondo Beach Pier for that price or a live lobster.

Chucho
05-02-2018, 04:36 PM
You guys like Bubba Gump? I ate at the one in Santa Monica one time around ten years ago and it was something like $22 for some soup with four not even bait sized shrimp in it. I could have bought three of the 1/3rd pound gigantic shrimp at the fish market on the Redondo Beach Pier for that price or a live lobster.

On the wharf there aren't a whole lot of options for a decent sit down and it's delish enough. Over priced? Oh yeah, but what decent seafood joint isnt?

AaronY
05-02-2018, 04:40 PM
I know a guy who eats $15 sirloin steaks

SpursforSix
05-02-2018, 04:50 PM

I ate at the one in Times Square and it was pretty good.
Yes...in New York City...I ate at...Bubba Gump.

DarrinS
05-02-2018, 05:01 PM
I still don’t get the popularity of in-N-out burgs.

boutons_deux
05-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Yeah, if you got the money for the land, you got the money to fix/replace the residence and make more money.

nope, it's obviously a tear-down

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 05:12 PM
I still don’t get the popularity of in-N-out burgs.
a) bang for your buck
b) fresh ingredients

Pavlov
05-02-2018, 05:15 PM
nope, it's obviously a tear-downSo replace-- which was one of the options.

DarrinS
05-02-2018, 05:33 PM
a) bang for your buck
b) fresh ingredients

Five Guys is better, imo. I also used to eat at a place in Torrance called ‘Y’Not that was really good, but I think they only had that one location.

Pavlov
05-02-2018, 05:35 PM
In N Out has been effectively cockblocked by P Terry's expansion here. They still get enough business from transplants.

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Five Guys is better, imo. I also used to eat at a place in Torrance called ‘Y’Not that was really good, but I think they only had that one location.
you're paying $8 for a cheeseburger at five guys

a cheeseburger at in n out costs like $2.50

thats why my first point was bang for your buck. in n out gives you solid yet unspectacular quality for mcdonalds prices. there are certainly better tasting burgers than in n out :lol... obviously

clambake
05-02-2018, 05:36 PM
5 guys is too greasy.

DarrinS
05-02-2018, 05:39 PM
In N Out has been effectively cockblocked by P Terry's expansion here. They still get enough business from transplants.

Never been to one of those. I’ll give it a try next time I’m in Austin.

spurraider21
The Habit is probably my favorite burger place, all things considered... hook burger is another small regional chain that is quite good.

generally, when i go to those "gourmet burger" places you tend to spend way too much money for burgers who aren't THAT much better than something like the Habit. that said, BurgerFi was my go-to spot in malibu when i was in school there

i'm a huge Tommys fan, but that's sorta its own category. not really there for the quality

DarrinS
you're paying $8 for a cheeseburger at five guys

a cheeseburger at in n out costs like $2.50

thats why my first point was bang for your buck. in n out gives you solid yet unspectacular quality for mcdonalds prices. there are certainly better tasting burgers than in n out :lol... obviously

I’m rich beotch! :lol

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 05:40 PM
I’m rich beotch! :lol
that and 5 Guys closes at like 10pm, standard business hours. in n out is all about the late night cravings

tho after a night of drinking nothing tops tommys

DarrinS
05-02-2018, 05:46 PM
that and 5 Guys closes at like 10pm, standard business hours. in n out is all about the late night cravings

tho after a night of drinking nothing tops tommys

Never heard of Tommy’s, but I haven’t lived in LA since the late 80’s.

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 05:51 PM
there's a ton in SoCal and even a few in Nevada

they're super old tho, original one opened in the 40's.

basically you have a very mediocre burger smothered with ridiculously tasty chili. by my estimates, every tommys burger ingested decreases your life expectancy by a month, but honestly im ok with that

resistanze
05-02-2018, 06:03 PM
In-N-Out is significantly better than Five Guys tbh

The Habit is up there too, first burger join I hit up when I moved out here.

boutons_deux
05-02-2018, 07:10 PM
Terry's in Austin is a local outfit that doesn't disappoint

https://pterrys.com/our-story

baseline bum
05-02-2018, 07:27 PM

It's nothing special IMO. It's a burger with chili on it. It was ok when I was working graveyard since it was about the only thing in the area other than Taco Bell where I could grab a quick 3AM lunch in Santa Monica.

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 07:32 PM
It's nothing special IMO. It's a burger with chili on it. It was ok when I was working graveyard since it was about the only thing in the area other than Taco Bell where I could grab a quick 3AM lunch in Santa Monica.
:cry right in the feels

baseline bum
05-02-2018, 07:40 PM
:cry right in the feels

I mean chili and a burger together is always going to be good, but it's nothing I'd make a special trip for. You missed out man, there used to be a burger stand on Gayley a little past In N Out ran by a couple of Mexicans whose chili burgers tasted just like Tommy's.

baseline bum
05-02-2018, 07:47 PM
In-N-Out is significantly better than Five Guys tbh

The Habit is up there too, first burger join I hit up when I moved out here.

Five Guys is like double priced Whataburger IMO. I don't get the fascination with Whataburger so I really don't get it with Five Guys.

DarrinS
05-02-2018, 07:56 PM
Five Guys is like double priced Whataburger IMO. I don't get the fascination with Whataburger so I really don't get it with Five Guys.

Really? I mean, I agree with you that Whataburger is crap. I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 07:59 PM
I mean chili and a burger together is always going to be good, but it's nothing I'd make a special trip for. You missed out man, there used to be a burger stand on Gayley a little past In N Out ran by a couple of Mexicans whose chili burgers tasted just like Tommy's.
best thing in westwood area was Fat Sals imo

https://fatsalsdeli.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Westwood_ToGo_Menu.pdf

i would always order the Fat Jerry with chili

ElNono
05-02-2018, 08:03 PM
How's Fatburger? I've seen one last year in downtown LA but didn't try it...

baseline bum
05-02-2018, 08:07 PM
best thing in westwood area was Fat Sals imo

https://fatsalsdeli.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Westwood_ToGo_Menu.pdf

i would always order the Fat Jerry with chili

Glad to see Gushi and Enzo's are still there. Sad that Maloney's is gone though. Shit was hilarious when they'd play "Get an ugly girl to marry you" at last call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ZJiBHh-Yw

baseline bum
05-02-2018, 08:09 PM
How's Fatburger? I've seen one last year in downtown LA but didn't try it...

It's really hit and miss. Some locations are fucking incredible. Some are glorified Whataburger. The one in Westwood that I used to eat at a lot was one of the really high quality locations.

ElNono
05-02-2018, 08:24 PM
It's really hit and miss. Some locations are fucking incredible. Some are glorified Whataburger. The one in Westwood that I used to eat at a lot was one of the really high quality locations.

:tu

I'll be there in a month or so, I'll give it a shot, tbh, IMO

diego
05-02-2018, 08:35 PM
https://www.google.cl/search?q=donde+guido&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjj35fosejaAhWSnOAKHaDTAzgQ_AUICigB&biw=1886&bih=917#imgrc=bqnFymTeklJc7M:

best sandwiches ever. gotta use a knife and fork though, its the local style. cost about 9 bucks give or take

spurraider21
05-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Fatburgers are decent tbh

SnakeBoy
05-02-2018, 10:06 PM
If you are ever in San Diego stay away from Kansas City BBQ (place from in Top Gun). Wife wanted to go and holy shit was it disgusting.

SnakeBoy
05-02-2018, 10:15 PM
Situated on a rare, expansive 3,332 sq ft lot,

:lol were they being sarcastic

E20
05-04-2018, 10:49 AM
bay area is nasty lived here for 24 years and it's getting worse and worse. ridiculous traffic and cost of livign not to mention all teh nice jobs are being taken over by indians and chinese people willing to get ripped off by tech companies but with that said it's probably the best place to live in america, it forces you to succeed otherwise you're homeless

DMC
05-04-2018, 06:33 PM
A friend recently sold a smaller house just South of Barton Creek for 1m. The house will be demolished. The land can hold 4 large town homes that will sell for 700K each.

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Location location location

TeyshaBlue
05-04-2018, 10:54 PM
Really? I mean, I agree with you that Whataburger is crap. I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Youre dead to me.

baseline bum
05-05-2018, 12:38 AM
Youre dead to me.

I don't get the love for Whataburger. Their burgers taste like Jack in the Crack but with better onions and their shakes are garbage. I guess they do have good ketchup though.

DMC
05-05-2018, 01:16 AM
I don't get the love for Whataburger. Their burgers taste like Jack in the Crack but with better onions and their shakes are garbage. I guess they do have good ketchup though.

Their burgers taste like they were frozen beside Steve Rogers, maybe in his ass crack, and thawed too fast. Dry as fuck, no taste.

If you cannot eat one as a Jr in HS after going two days without food, you know they are shit.

I have their ketchup in my fridge tbh

DMX7
05-05-2018, 01:22 AM
Clearly you're not paying that kind of money for the house itself. It's actually a good size lot for SF.