PDA

View Full Version : Report: Spurs looking to trade Leonard this summer

Pages : [1] 2

Twisted_Dawg
05-02-2018, 08:02 PM
http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-peter-vecsey-gregg-popovich-nba-injuries/

The San Antonio Spurs are “done” with star small forward Kawhi Leonard and will look to trade him this offseason, according to Hall-of-Fame basketball writer Peter Vecsey on his Patreon page.

The well-connected Vecsey cited a source who said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich didn’t even want Leonard attending practices.

“Keep him away from us,” Popovich would say, via Vecsey’s source. Apparently, Leonard’s uncle had been “poisoning (Leonard’s) mind against everyone.”

Robz4000
05-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Already been posted and it has two fatal flaws:

1). :lol Sam Amico

2). :lmao Peter Vecsey

BSfromTX
05-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Lost me at Peter Vecsey

DPG21920
05-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Garbo rumor.

AFBlue
05-02-2018, 08:15 PM
I believe it.

baseline bum
05-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Same Vescey who said Grant Hill was going to sign with the Spurs for the MLE in 2000. Leonard will probably get traded but I don't trust a word out of Vescey's mouth.

Mr. Body
05-02-2018, 08:24 PM
I remember when Peter Vecsey was a thing.

KDKSpurs24
05-02-2018, 08:37 PM
I don’t completely believe this. However, if this happens to be true then it boils down to one thing that I’ve been saying in my head for a long time. Pop only wants players that he can control. That’s why the team is always made up of certain type of players. “Get over yourself” types and foreign guys, etc.

LkrFan
05-02-2018, 08:38 PM
I believe it.

#MeToo :lol

DPG21920
05-02-2018, 08:38 PM
I don’t completely believe this. However, if this happens to be true then it boils down to one thing that I’ve been saying in my head for a long time. Pop only wants players that he can control. That’s why the team is always made up of certain type of players. “Get over yourself” types and foreign guys, etc.

Well considering SA has had more success than any other franchise in the past 20 years I’d say that is a smart way to do business.

Stabula
05-02-2018, 08:39 PM
A bunch of grown ass men eating up TMZ style NBA soap operas :lol

Dancelot
05-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Who the hell is this dude?

spurs10
05-02-2018, 08:48 PM
Well considering SA has had more success than any other franchise in the past 20 years I’d say that is a smart way to do business. Yes the most winning team of the last two decades in any team sport- football, baseball, hockey, and basketball. Thanks Pop and the Spurs for your continued badassery!
:flag:

Uriel
05-02-2018, 08:51 PM
I believe it.
You forgot the blue.

hater
05-02-2018, 09:03 PM
Thank god m
Abort this fetus asap

KDKSpurs24
05-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Well considering SA has had more success than any other franchise in the past 20 years I’d say that is a smart way to do business.
Tim Duncan. That’s all that needs to be said.

But now that he’s no longer here and we have a different Star with different needs I think he should adjust a little. Another thing is I believe he is also keeping guys like Patty and Pau around for culture and trying to surround himself with people he likes and is comfortable with for his last couple of years of coaching. I guess he doesn’t wanna deal with any new personalities.

LakerHater
05-02-2018, 10:06 PM
is Peter Vecsey a Celtics fan?

LakerHater
05-02-2018, 10:11 PM

SnakeBoy
05-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Disregard these rumors. I have it on good authority that Kawhi is resigning and Lebron is coming to join him and Lamarcus. "Championships and I get to play with my boy DJ" is the quote I heard.

Emperor
05-02-2018, 10:24 PM
Disregard these rumors. I have it on good authority that Kawhi is resigning and Lebron is coming to join him and Lamarcus. "Championships and I get to play with my boy DJ" is the quote I heard.

Well then i'm all for it since that means two of Gasol/Mills/Parker will be gone.

DaBears
05-02-2018, 10:36 PM

as long as they win and put a good product on the floor, I am good with it.. Big looming question, once POP is gone how will this ship sale.

AFBlue
05-02-2018, 10:38 PM
You forgot the blue.

It's already in the name

phxspurfan
05-03-2018, 02:11 AM
What’s sad is even if we keep Kawhi and get LeBron, we’re still a hall of famer and a crazy good bench from competing with the Dubs

Chris
05-03-2018, 04:21 AM

:lmao

AaronY
05-03-2018, 05:16 AM
"on his patreon page"
:lol

Raven
05-03-2018, 05:47 AM
"on his patreon page"

i loled too

dbreiden83080
05-03-2018, 08:57 AM
I didn’t even know that Peter was still alive? I have not seen him since like 1997 during the old NBA on NBC days.

rjv
05-03-2018, 09:31 AM
the fact that greg simmons used a peter vescey report tells you just how clueless simmons is.

rjv
05-03-2018, 09:34 AM
I didn’t even know that Peter was still alive? I have not seen him since like 1997 during the old NBA on NBC days.

in 2000, he was reporting that duncan was as good as gone to orlando. the one thing about vescey is that he has been consistently wrong throughout his career.

Dverde
05-03-2018, 09:46 AM

LMA would be a great third fiddle for Lebrun in that Kevin Love/Chris Bosh role. He still ain’t coming.

SAGirl
05-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Already been posted and it has two fatal flaws:

1). :lol Sam Amico

2). :lmao Peter Vecsey
Yup... the well connected Vecsey... :lol

CGD
05-03-2018, 11:14 AM
So then the hot take here is: “pop did t want KL at practice.” I think like 20 reporters have said that

TimDunkem
05-03-2018, 12:34 PM
in 2000, he was reporting that duncan was as good as gone to orlando. the one thing about vescey is that he has been consistently wrong throughout his career.

Duncan WAS good as gone. Then Doc Rivers happened.

Russ
05-03-2018, 12:41 PM

It may have been more Orlando GM John Gabriel than Doc. (Tim and Doc had a good relationship from SA days, when Doc informally coached the Spurs workouts during the '99 lockout.)

rjv
05-03-2018, 12:43 PM

vecsey's report came during the finals, just about a week before duncan announced he was staying. it was classic vecsey.

james evans
05-03-2018, 09:38 PM
aside from this situation, I've always said this. He doesn't want player, he wants robots. If Duncan in '13 would have said, "fuck you, I'm entering this game" to get a rebound, I wonder what would have happened?

Ice009
05-03-2018, 09:47 PM
aside from this situation, I've always said this. He doesn't want player, he wants robots. If Duncan in '13 would have said, "fuck you, I'm entering this game" to get a rebound, I wonder what would have happened?

You're bringing back great memories. Not.

I can't believe Pop started that fucking 4th quarter with a lineup I wouldn't play in a regular season Jan. 10th game, let alone a Championship clinching quarter where we were on the verge of blowing them out. What the fuck was he thinking that whole 4th quarter? He started that 4th quarter with that piss poor lineup that gave up the lead, and then after fucking up that whole quarter, he takes none of the blame for it. What a joke.

Keepin' it real
05-03-2018, 11:45 PM

Spurs would have won in 2013, but then not in 2014, because it was never in their DNA to repeat.

Mr. Body
05-04-2018, 12:12 AM

How utterly bizarre, a coach wanting players he can... coach.

daslicer
05-04-2018, 12:55 AM

All coaches prefer to coach players they can control. Great coaches tend to be control freaks. I have even heard in the past Steve Kerr has wanted the Warriors to get rid of Draymond Green because he has found him annoying at times to deal with. Phil Jackson wanted to get Kobe traded during the early '00s but management refused. Riley was a control freak. Coach Lebron is also the same way when it comes to control.

What type of coach would want to coach a rebel if he didn't have to?

alpha_HaZE
05-04-2018, 01:44 AM
So let me see, LA asks to be traded after he played not his best basketball and we keep him, and Kawhi who no-one is saying he wants to be traded, will be traded because he is a cancer to our team?!

If this season has shown anything is that the Spurs need some athleticism, desperately! Next year, you won't only have HOU and GSW to worry about, but Jazz, Celtics, Sixers and wherever Lebron decides to be. Whethere that's in LA with PG or not, Spurs will not condending for title next unless we have Kawhi. LA and Rudy are great but can't win with just them. I doubt the Spurs will trade him unless they think we get someone that will be as good. The only player that fits the bill is Kristaps Korzingis! But again he is injured, so no. That makes no sense, it is clear that someone is flooding the news with those made up stories. The question is why?

I can guarantee you that Nike wants Kawhi out of San Antonio.
Bill Simmons, I remember clearly predicted that KD will sing with the Warriors because that's Nike wanted him to do. Remember KL skipping the durant meetings, wasn't that convienent for Nike???? We all thought it was weird then, but in retrospect in makes sense. So what Bill Simmons predicted sending him to clippers for draft picks; 12 and 13th, which would be promising given that we already have the 18th draft pick in a stacked draft. Makes sense, especially if you look around and see that players like Donovan Mitchell, Kuzma, and Kawhi himself were picked at that range.

I don't think the Spurs want to do it, but if they do, it wouldn't be because they want to get rid of KL, it would be because they have no other option.

spurs10
05-04-2018, 02:03 AM
Disregard these rumors. I have it on good authority that Kawhi is resigning and Lebron is coming to join him and Lamarcus. "Championships and I get to play with my boy DJ" is the quote I heard. Snakeboy with the inside info! We can only dream!

YGWHI
05-04-2018, 08:00 AM
Remember KL skipping the durant meetings, wasn't that convienent for Nike????
Remember that Kawhi promised his girl to stay home for the birth of their first child. That's why he even didn't accept Team Usa 2016 Olympics invitation.

We all thought it was weird then, but in retrospect in makes sense. So what Bill Simmons predicted sending him to clippers for draft picks; 12 and 13th, which would be promising given that we already have the 18th draft pick in a stacked draft.

Pop won't trade Kawhi to a Western Conference team like Clippers who can make playoffs next years and even eliminate the Spurs with Kawhi playing for them.

If they trade him, they would find a Eastern Conference team to make a deal.

DPG21920
05-04-2018, 09:54 AM
Or a team like PHX

YGWHI
05-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Or a team like PHX
Agree. The Suns is the only team in the West that isn't a threat and they have Jackson and picks.

Sacramento could be other option. Also, they have those young scoring guards that Spurs need.

Mr. Body
05-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Agree. The Suns is the only team in the West that isn't a threat and they have Jackson and picks.

Sacramento could be other option. Also, they have those young scoring guards that Spurs need.

Why would Kawhi resign with Phoenix much less Sacramento?

duncan2k5
05-04-2018, 06:03 PM
So let me see, LA asks to be traded after he played not his best basketball and we keep him, and Kawhi who no-one is saying he wants to be traded, will be traded because he is a cancer to our team?!

If this season has shown anything is that the Spurs need some athleticism, desperately! Next year, you won't only have HOU and GSW to worry about, but Jazz, Celtics, Sixers and wherever Lebron decides to be. Whethere that's in LA with PG or not, Spurs will not condending for title next unless we have Kawhi. LA and Rudy are great but can't win with just them. I doubt the Spurs will trade him unless they think we get someone that will be as good. The only player that fits the bill is Kristaps Korzingis! But again he is injured, so no. That makes no sense, it is clear that someone is flooding the news with those made up stories. The question is why?

Bill Simmons, I remember clearly predicted that KD will sing with the Warriors because that's Nike wanted him to do. Remember KL skipping the durant meetings, wasn't that convienent for Nike???? We all thought it was weird then, but in retrospect in makes sense. So what Bill Simmons predicted sending him to clippers for draft picks; 12 and 13th, which would be promising given that we already have the 18th draft pick in a stacked draft. Makes sense, especially if you look around and see that players like Donovan Mitchell, Kuzma, and Kawhi himself were picked at that range.

I don't think the Spurs want to do it, but if they do, it wouldn't be because they want to get rid of KL, it would be because they have no other option.

Makes no sense... If this was predetermined... Why would Kawhi need to sit out of the meeting to get Durant?

alpha_HaZE
05-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Makes no sense... If this was predetermined... Why would Kawhi need to sit out of the meeting to get Durant?

Did you read my post? I never said it is predetermined. All I said that Nike wants Kawhi out of San Antonio, and if that's the case, that explains all the stories we see in the news. To me it is obvious that someone is behind those stories. It's not the Spurs or Kawhi, I don't think. Nike is my best guess.

DaBears
05-05-2018, 05:07 AM
Did you read my post? I never said it is predetermined. All I said that Nike wants Kawhi out of San Antonio, and if that's the case, that explains all the stories we see in the news. To me it is obvious that someone is behind those stories. It's not the Spurs or Kawhi, I don't think. Nike is my best guess.

You might be reading into to much of the little 'Nate' that could, grape vine talk... Nike may suggest that if Kiwi wants to make more they can renegotiate his contract with an increase in compensation, but they will not make up 50-70 mil he'd be losing if he doesn't resign wit the SPURS.
All Players & your average Joe for that matter love money.

daslicer
05-05-2018, 10:54 AM

I'm sure Nike wants Kawhi to be in a big market but GTFO here with the conspiracy theory of Kawhi missing the Durant meeting because of Nike. I do believe Kawhi simply hates Durant due to the system player comments he made about him a few years ago and that's why he didn't show up. I didn't blame Kawhi for that because I would have done the same if I was in Kawhi's situation.

tholdren
05-05-2018, 01:56 PM
I'm sure Nike wants Kawhi to be in a big market but GTFO here with the conspiracy theory of Kawhi missing the Durant meeting because of Nike. I do believe Kawhi simply hates Durant due to the system player comments he made about him a few years ago and that's why he didn't show up. I didn't blame Kawhi for that because I would have done the same if I was in Kawhi's situation.

kawhi is a bitch so is durant.

DMC
05-05-2018, 02:27 PM
Who the hell is this dude?

He was a big deal in 2014 during the run to the ring. He won a Finals MVP. Lately he's dropped off the radar.

ECOV
05-05-2018, 03:56 PM
kawhi is a bitch so is durant.
SO ARE YOU :nope

alpha_HaZE
05-05-2018, 07:23 PM
You might be reading into to much of the little 'Nate' that could, grape vine talk... Nike may suggest that if Kiwi wants to make more they can renegotiate his contract with an increase in compensation, but they will not make up 50-70 mil he'd be losing if he doesn't resign wit the SPURS.
All Players & your average Joe for that matter love money.

I agree 100%! Which is why I believe Nike is trying to create frixion between the two parties. Kawhi would rather stay in San Antonio. Spurs would like to keep Kawhi. It's a win-win, and someone is trying to spoil that.

alpha_HaZE
05-05-2018, 07:27 PM

So "Kawhi simply hates Durant" is not a conspiracy theory? How do you know that. have you talked with Kawhi? All we do here is speculate. You think Kawhi did that, because that's what you would have done. Try to see beyond yourself!

tholdren
05-05-2018, 07:28 PM
im gay

Extra Stout
05-06-2018, 08:51 PM
So, let’s see here, the point of having an agent, or representation, is to have someone who looks out for your best interest, who understands the market, and who has the people skills to communicate effectively, make other parties feel comfortable, and deliver good public relations.

Kawhi is represented by a guy whose agency collapsed, who is essentially working out of his car, and who has creditors hounding him, and by his uncle, who feels qualified because he once ran a bank branch, and who is trying to leverage his nephew into propping up a sports management company business venture.

Amateur hour. Massive conflicts of interest. Fouling up a relationship with perhaps the easiest franchise in pro sports to work with.

I feel sorry for Kawhi. He just wants to play basketball, but his grifter uncle and loser agent are going to squander his millions and ruin his career.

The supermax is not an option. There’s no way you can take that risk. The first time the Spurs refuse to sign some scrub that Frankel and Robertson coax to their “agency,” they’ll tell Kawhi their doctors found something and he needs to sit.

It sucks because the Spurs will get maybe 40 cents on the dollar, and it probably brings this nearly 30-year run of contention to an end. It sucks because Kawhi could forfeit up to $80 million on his next contract just so the idiots running his affairs can stay solvent.

Don’t trust people just because they are family. Crooks and grifters just start there.

Budkin
05-06-2018, 09:53 PM

CROFL "Nike wants Kawhi out of San Antonio." Apparently you are too young to remember this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eor2hr6FBag

daslicer
05-06-2018, 10:12 PM
So, let’s see here, the point of having an agent, or representation, is to have someone who looks out for your best interest, who understands the market, and who has the people skills to communicate effectively, make other parties feel comfortable, and deliver good public relations.

Kawhi is represented by a guy whose agency collapsed, who is essentially working out of his car, and who has creditors hounding him, and by his uncle, who feels qualified because he once ran a bank branch, and who is trying to leverage his nephew into propping up a sports management company business venture.

Amateur hour. Massive conflicts of interest. Fouling up a relationship with perhaps the easiest franchise in pro sports to work with.

I feel sorry for Kawhi. He just wants to play basketball, but his grifter uncle and loser agent are going to squander his millions and ruin his career.

The supermax is not an option. There’s no way you can take that risk. The first time the Spurs refuse to sign some scrub that Frankel and Robertson coax to their “agency,” they’ll tell Kawhi their doctors found something and he needs to sit.

It sucks because the Spurs will get maybe 40 cents on the dollar, and it probably brings this nearly 30-year run of contention to an end. It sucks because Kawhi could forfeit up to $80 million on his next contract just so the idiots running his affairs can stay solvent.

Don’t trust people just because they are family. Crooks and grifters just start there.

Great post. I learned that at a young age when I saw my parents having to deal with crooked relatives who would try to sell ponzi schemes to them.

tholdren
05-06-2018, 10:12 PM
CROFL "Nike wants Kawhi out of San Antonio." Apparently you are too young to remember this guy...

Great find. Man, if only he had killer instinct

daslicer
05-06-2018, 10:14 PM

Could you imagine Kawhi trying to do that type of commercial today. It would be pretty funny at how awkward Kawhi would look.

MaNu4Tres
05-06-2018, 10:19 PM
It's likely done.

MaNu4Tres
05-06-2018, 10:20 PM
Uncle & his camp are to blame, like some have said for months -- but it's likely unrepairable.

Still small hope. Very small.

Ice009
05-06-2018, 10:29 PM
Uncle & his camp are to blame, like some have said for months -- but it's likely unrepairable.

Why, what have you heard? Darn. I really DO NOT want Kawhi gone. I think it was you that have mentioned previously that you've got connections within the Spurs organization?

Also, if the Spurs do end up trading him, are we likely to hear anything out of the Spurs camp or Kawhi's camp before a trade, or do you think we won't hear about it until after it's done?

MaNu4Tres
05-06-2018, 10:52 PM
Why, what have you heard? Darn. I really DO NOT want Kawhi gone. I think it was you that have mentioned previously that you've got connections within the Spurs organization?

Also, if the Spurs do end up trading him, are we likely to hear anything out of the Spurs camp or Kawhi's camp before a trade, or do you think we won't hear about it until after it's done?

I don't have connections with the Spurs directly.

I do know people that do.

offset formation
05-06-2018, 11:01 PM
It's likely done.

New news or just finally hearing the story from damage already done to the relationship?

Ice009
05-06-2018, 11:52 PM
If the Spurs trade him, do you guys think we'll hear anything out of the Spurs or Kawhi's camp? or you think they'd both keep it quiet and we won't hear about it until after a trade? I don't know how secretive the Spurs would keep this?

Is this recent you've heard this? Any idea if the sides have started talking yet?

MultiTroll
05-07-2018, 12:10 AM
or you think they'd both keep it quiet and we won't hear about it until after a trade?
Parker and Crater would be the only two leakers I can think of.
Don't believe the rest want anything leaked. But then they are Yes Men so....

Chillen
05-07-2018, 12:15 AM

Also despite small market Spurs have very marketable colors and jerseys. A LeBron and Kawhi dynamic duo they could brand that perfectly with silver and black everything. Warriors, Bulls, Thunder and Spurs have the most marketable jerseys in league imo.

BackHome
05-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Other teams will be leaking out information to further their own cause but you not going to hear anything from the Spurs. Any player who leaks knows they will get the rath of Pop and they know he is royaly pissed at Kawhi camp and just lost his wife (Don’t fuck with Pop right now).

I imagine Pop and RC will say give us your list of teams you want to go to if we like that list will work with you. It’s in your best interest not to say a word cause if you do and it hampers the Spurs trading prospects all bets are off

From a marketing standpoint Kawhi team has to do major damage control they can’t go after Pop who is respected and loved by so many ESPN fans. Also add that he just lost his wife they will loose the media fight if they try to be dirty and go after Pop.

Twisted_Dawg
05-07-2018, 07:27 PM
I imagine Pop and RC will say give us your list of teams you want to go to if we like that list will work with you.

I've heard that statement before about asking Kawhi to give us a list of teams he'd like to be traded to. But why would we ever do that? What if his list was the Lakers and Clips, but yet Boston or Philly offered a far better package? That tactic is negotiating from a position of weakness and thus limiting the negotiating leverage. If there are no other trade parties, the Lakers and Clips won't offer shit.

We don't owe Kawhi a god damn thing. The Spurs--Pop, players, system , Chip England, et al--developed this mother fucker, and in return he has shit all over the Spurs.

This cocksucker goes where he is traded. End of convo.

alpha_HaZE
05-07-2018, 07:58 PM
I've heard that statement before about asking Kawhi to give us a list of teams he'd like to be traded to. But why would we ever do that? What if his list was the Lakers and Clips, but yet Boston or Philly offered a far better package? That tactic is negotiating from a position of weakness and thus limiting the negotiating leverage. If there are no other trade parties, the Lakers and Clips won't offer shit.

We don't owe Kawhi a god damn thing. The Spurs--Pop, players, system , Chip England, et al--developed this mother fucker, and in return he has shit all over the Spurs.

This cocksucker goes where he is traded. End of convo.

1, Get a life,
2, Why Boston or Philly will offer a far better package for a one-year rental of Kawhi?
3, you make no sense

r0drig0lac
05-07-2018, 08:00 PM
1, Get a life,
2, Why Boston or Philly will offer a far better package for a one-year rental of Kawhi?
3, you make no sense

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-07-2018, 08:21 PM
Source: Amico Hoops

:lol Are you even trying with the bait?

SpursBills
05-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Best bet is probably to hope either the Cavs or Sixers end up with a top 3 pick. Kawhi is less likely to sign with a rebuilding team and therefore the potential trade package is much lower. However, Cavs and Sixers might both feel that Kawhi could be the missing piece that either a) convinces Lebron to re-up (Cavs) or b) puts them over the top (Sixers).

I haven't run the numbers, but something like this is probably more likely than a Boston trade:

Cavs: top 3 pick, 2020 1st rounder, Osman, Tristan Thompson +/- additional first/second rounders for Kawhi
Sixers: top 3 pick, Fultz, Covington +/- second rounders for Kawhi

Neither of those scenarios provides a great return, and bank on the fact that a competitive team lucks into a top 3 pick. However, both teams would at least be more incentivized to trade with the Spurs than most other teams and both also happen to be in the east.

tholdren
05-07-2018, 11:12 PM

Lol hope for what. Bye

exstatic
05-08-2018, 12:23 PM
1, Get a life,
3, you make no sense

He loses $35M by forcing the trade. If he walks from where we trade him, he leaves another $40M on the table. Are you sure he's a rental?

daslicer
05-08-2018, 12:28 PM
He loses $35M by forcing the trade. If he walks from where we trade him, he leaves another $40M on the table. Are you sure he's a rental?

So he loses 35 mil by losing the supermax. How does he end up losing 40 mil if he walks away from his new team?

BSfromTX
05-08-2018, 12:37 PM
You have to work with him

1. Good PR for future potential players
2. Kawhi not likely to extend with a team will affect what they want to give up

theres more to gain by being a comodating... but if they really want to stick it to him, just don’t trade him at all and let him lose a crap load of money

MannyIsGod
05-08-2018, 12:41 PM
So he loses 35 mil by losing the supermax. How does he end up losing 40 mil if he walks away from his new team?

A team that trades for him can sign him to a max extension which is more than he can get as a free agent. I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, but having his rights means a pretty big difference in the contract he can sign.

FkLA
05-08-2018, 12:51 PM

https://i.imgur.com/DywrZiB.gif

exstatic
05-08-2018, 02:01 PM

Bolting a Bird contract situation gets you one less year, and lower raises. It shakes out to 5yrs/179M or 4yrs/139M, in Kawhi's case. Both players and agents, and I would imagine uncles, love that guaranteed money.

Looking at that continually burning dumpster fire in LA, it will be interesting to see if PG13 takes a pass. I think he will, because OKC can pay more and is a better team. No one on the Lakers roster will be Westbrook at any time in their career. Their's just not enough upside there. They tanked, but then traded their one good pick, plus Russell, to get out of some of Jim Buss's terrible contracts. They're just good enough to not have a shot at one of those top 3 picks, but don't have the assets or talent to really improve into a top team. If hometown guy PG13 passes, and LeBron goes elsewhere, they may have no choice but to go back into the tank.

daslicer
05-08-2018, 02:30 PM
Kawhi on the 5 years/179m deal would get 35.8 mil per year and on the 4 years/139M deal he gets 34.75 mil per year. There's little difference in the amount he makes per year under either deal. The only difference is 1 contract is a year longer than the other. Knowing his Uncle he probably believes the differences doesn't mean anything when you factor in endorsements in a big market. He probably is also willing to bet Kawhi will be healthy after 4 years to sign another big contract.

daslicer
05-08-2018, 02:32 PM
Bolting a Bird contract situation gets you one less year, and lower raises. It shakes out to 5yrs/179M or 4yrs/139M, in Kawhi's case. Both players and agents, and I would imagine uncles, love that guaranteed money.

Looking at that continually burning dumpster fire in LA, it will be interesting to see if PG13 takes a pass. I think he will, because OKC can pay more and is a better team. No one on the Lakers roster will be Westbrook at any time in their career. Their's just not enough upside there. They tanked, but then traded their one good pick, plus Russell, to get out of some of Jim Buss's terrible contracts. They're just good enough to not have a shot at one of those top 3 picks, but don't have the assets or talent to really improve into a top team. If hometown guy PG13 passes, and LeBron goes elsewhere, they may have no choice but to go back into the tank.

I don't think PG will pass on playing with them. As talented as Russ is guys just hate playing with him since he's a ball hog. Also PG doesn't strike me as a winner so he would be more than happy to be in LA even if they are not a talented team.

SpursforSix
05-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Kawhi on the 5 years/179m deal would get 35.8 mil per year and on the 4 years/139M deal he gets 34.75 mil per year. There's little difference in the amount he makes per year under either deal. The only difference is 1 contract is a year longer than the other. Knowing his Uncle he probably believes the differences doesn't mean anything when you factor in endorsements in a big market. He probably is also willing to bet Kawhi will be healthy after 4 years to sign another big contract.

If the uncle is all about money, then he'd be foolish to gamble the year 5 money.

daslicer
05-08-2018, 02:36 PM
If the uncle is all about money, then he'd be foolish to gamble the year 5 money.

The Uncle is deranged and crazy and believes the endorsement money Kawhi would receive in a big market would make up for not having year 5 on the contract.

SpursforSix
05-08-2018, 02:39 PM
The Uncle is deranged and crazy and believes the endorsement money Kawhi would receive in a big market would make up for not having year 5 on the contract.

Ah...I get what you said the first time. My bad.

exstatic
05-08-2018, 02:51 PM

You always lock in as much guaranteed money as you can, because you never can see what's coming. Hell, it doesn't even have to be his quad. He could leave the team we trade him to, blow out his knee, and never be a premier player again. That's where the $40M becomes a total loss. There's a reason that the NBA keeps shortening contracts with each successive CBA. It used to be 7 years with your team or 6 with another. That's down to 5 and 4 to minimize team exposure to injuries or aging. Players are feeling more and more squeezed into taking the MAX guaranteed money to minimize THEIR risk.

daslicer
05-08-2018, 02:57 PM
You always lock in as much guaranteed money as you can, because you never can see what's coming. Hell, it doesn't even have to be his quad. He could leave the team we trade him to, blow out his knee, and never be a premier player again. That's where the $40M becomes a total loss. There's a reason that the NBA keeps shortening contracts with each successive CBA. It used to be 7 years with your team or 6 with another. That's down to 5 and 4 to minimize team exposure to injuries or aging. Players are feeling more and more squeezed into taking the MAX guaranteed money to minimize THEIR risk.

I agree with you and that's what I would be doing if I was in Kawhi's situation and that's what any rational person would do but we have to factor in his Uncle is irrational. His Uncle is the one who is pulling all the strings here and not Kawhi.

baseline bum
05-08-2018, 03:00 PM
A team that trades for him can sign him to a max extension which is more than he can get as a free agent. I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, but having his rights means a pretty big difference in the contract he can sign.

The difference is the contract can be one year longer with Bird Rights and with 8% annual raises instead of 4.5% (not compounded, raises computed as 8%/4.5% of first year's salary).

mo7888
05-08-2018, 03:24 PM
I agree with you and that's what I would be doing if I was in Kawhi's situation and that's what any rational person would do but we have to factor in his Uncle is irrational. His Uncle is the one who is pulling all the strings here and not Kawhi.

I don't see the indication that the uncle is irrational myself. It's not like we are talking about trading him to Sacramento. We are talking about pretty big markets or high profile gigs. On top of that, he can always get a players option to opt out before year five if kawhi is healthy or opt in if he has more health problems.
I don't think there's much danger of him leaving the team we trade him to if it's one of the teams we keep bringing up in here.

exstatic
05-08-2018, 03:27 PM
I don't see the indication that the uncle is irrational myself. It's not like we are talking about trading him to Sacramento. We are talking about pretty big markets or high profile gigs. On top of that, he can always get a players option to opt out before year five if kawhi is healthy or opt in if he has more health problems.
I don't think there's much danger of him leaving the team we trade him to if it's one of the teams we keep bringing up in here.

That's kind of where I am, too. The Spurs have a history of giving their players relatively soft landings. That doesn't mean the Lakers, but I think any trades to PHO are a pipe dream.

daslicer
05-08-2018, 03:37 PM

He's very irrational. Let's see what he has done so far he has had an NFL agent who has no experience in the NBA and is in serious debt represent Kawhi. He has had Kawhi sit out a whole entire year with bs injury that he has always played with in hopes of getting him traded when he could have gone the Kyrie route and asked for a trade last summer. He also believes playing in SA is the reason why Kawhi hasn't gotten big endorsements when in reality it's because Kawhi has zero personality. This is equivalent to a fat guy who weights 400 pounds blaming other reasons besides his weight for why he can't get attractive women. He's also limited Kawhi's contact with the Spurs during this whole entire ordeal which again goes back to what I said earlier that if you want Kawhi out of SA then ask for a trade instead of pulling these charades.

Anyways I do agree with the rest of what are you saying.

mo7888
05-08-2018, 05:30 PM
He's very irrational. Let's see what he has done so far he has had an NFL agent who has no experience in the NBA and is in serious debt represent Kawhi. He has had Kawhi sit out a whole entire year with bs injury that he has always played with in hopes of getting him traded when he could have gone the Kyrie route and asked for a trade last summer. He also believes playing in SA is the reason why Kawhi hasn't gotten big endorsements when in reality it's because Kawhi has zero personality. This is equivalent to a fat guy who weights 400 pounds blaming other reasons besides his weight for why he can't get attractive women. He's also limited Kawhi's contact with the Spurs during this whole entire ordeal which again goes back to what I said earlier that if you want Kawhi out of SA then ask for a trade instead of pulling these charades.

That looks like alot of supposition on your part regarding his motives. I don't see the evidence to support those conclusions.

CGD
05-08-2018, 07:24 PM
The difference is the contract can be one year longer with Bird Rights and with 8% annual raises instead of 4.5% (not compounded, raises computed as 8%/4.5% of first year's salary).

Good point about raises. Another reason why signing in free agency a year from now is bad business for the Leonards. If he wants to move on, his best play is to get traded before Feb. 2019.

Extra Stout
05-08-2018, 07:47 PM
The uncle is rational in the sense that he is looking out for what will make HIM and his business venture the most money, not necessarily Kawhi.

MannyIsGod
05-08-2018, 07:53 PM
The thing is that no one place is going to make Kawhi more money than he would have made in San Antonio had they just not fucked that up. That 70 million more is not something you can make up in endorsements unless you're Lebron James. Kawhi's problem isn't not being in a major market, its that he has the personality of a fucking snail. Tim Duncan didn't get the endorsements befiting his stature as a player either, but that was a choice he made because he didn't want to play that game.

Kawhi on the other hand, wants to be Tim Duncan but get the fame and money that players like Durant, Pau, and Lebron have. Well they play the celebrity game and Kawhi does not. Thats the difference, not San Antonio.

daslicer
05-08-2018, 08:34 PM
The thing is that no one place is going to make Kawhi more money than he would have made in San Antonio had they just not fucked that up. That 70 million more is not something you can make up in endorsements unless you're Lebron James. Kawhi's problem isn't not being in a major market, its that he has the personality of a fucking snail. Tim Duncan didn't get the endorsements befiting his stature as a player either, but that was a choice he made because he didn't want to play that game.

Kawhi on the other hand, wants to be Tim Duncan but get the fame and money that players like Durant, Pau, and Lebron have. Well they play the celebrity game and Kawhi does not. Thats the difference, not San Antonio.

Early in his career Duncan got Sprite/Nike commercials and I remember he even got on the cover of NBA Live 2000 back when Live was more popular than 2K. Duncan even got a great shoe deal from Addidas during the early '00s that caused him to leave Nike. I agree Duncan chose after those experiences not to pursue the lime light.I read an article a few years ago which stated that Duncan and Dirk could have had more endorsements but they both passed on it simply because they didn't want to be a celebrity. Kawhi on the other hand outside of this year has never had any national commercials and that has to do with him having the personality of a statue.

DPG21920
05-08-2018, 09:43 PM
For those that want to know:

If Kawhi signs the SuperMax, it’s roughly 219M. Only San Antonio can offer that to him. No one else. He is eligible this upcoming season for the SuperMax. He can also earn it again by qualifying if he stays with SA this next season but does not sign the SuperMax this next season (that is a very unlikely scenario for many reasons.

If Kawhi does not get offered the SuperMax, SA can still sign him to a non-SuperMax max extension of roughly 180M. Kawhi can also get that extension from another team IF he is traded. But only if he is traded.

If Kawhi hits true free agency, he can sign roughly a 140M contract with that new team.

Ice009
05-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Thanks a lot. That shows us the money differences.

One question, though, what are the lengths of those contracts. Are they all 5 year contracts, even the extensions? If not, what does the money turn out to be if you were to make them all 5 year contracts?

CGD
05-08-2018, 10:04 PM
Yeah, and there is no 80M shoe deal out there to make up for that difference

vy65
05-08-2018, 10:06 PM

vy65
05-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Nvm

DPG21920
05-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Thanks a lot. That shows us the money differences.

One question, though, what are the lengths of those contracts. Are they all 5 year contracts, even the extensions? If not, what does the money turn out to be if you were to make them all 5 year contracts?

The first two are 5 years I believe and FA is 4 years.

mo7888
05-08-2018, 10:14 PM
The uncle is rational in the sense that he is looking out for what will make HIM and his business venture the most money, not necessarily Kawhi.

I don't necessarily disagree but, that doesn't make him irrational, that just makes him selfish.

CGD
05-08-2018, 10:15 PM

You think Mr. Kawhi McCharming gets anywhere near Harden’s 15m/year? I don’t. He was lucky to get close 20M/4yrs during an injury year before uncle Denny interfered.

He’d have to earn 20M a year (only Lebron has that) to break even on the 80M shortfall during the term of the super max deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22640451/kawhi-leonard-talks-jordan-brand-new-shoe-deal-stalled-sources-say

tholdren
05-08-2018, 10:31 PM
For those that want to know:

If Kawhi signs the SuperMax, it’s roughly 219M. Only San Antonio can offer that to him. No one else. He is eligible this upcoming season for the SuperMax. He can also earn it again by qualifying if he stays with SA this next season but does not sign the SuperMax this next season (that is a very unlikely scenario for many reasons.

If Kawhi does not get offered the SuperMax, SA can still sign him to a non-SuperMax max extension of roughly 180M. Kawhi can also get that extension from another team IF he is traded. But only if he is traded.

If Kawhi hits true free agency, he can sign roughly a 140M contract with that new team.

Great post. Kl not smart. No max for him. If i were sa, i would sit him on bench all year and have sa docs say hes not cleared.

vy65
05-08-2018, 10:37 PM
You think Mr. Kawhi McCharming gets anywhere near Harden’s 15m/year? I don’t. He was lucky to get close 20M/4yrs during an injury year before uncle Denny interfered.

He’d have to earn 20M a year (only Lebron has that) to break even on the 80M shortfall during the term of the super max deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22640451/kawhi-leonard-talks-jordan-brand-new-shoe-deal-stalled-sources-say

He could make less than half of Harden’s deal and more than make up the difference between super-max/not.

It’s all a red herring. I don’t think Kawhi needs to be in a major market to get a Harden-sized shoe deal. I think he needs to be healthy.

MannyIsGod
05-08-2018, 11:35 PM
He could make less than half of Harden’s deal and more than make up the difference between super-max/not.

It’s all a red herring. I don’t think Kawhi needs to be in a major market to get a Harden-sized shoe deal. I think he needs to be healthy.

7.5 * 5 = 37.5 or not even close to the difference. Not to mention that I'm not sure he can go to another franchise that is a big market and still not have to pay state income tax.

Barfunk
05-08-2018, 11:43 PM

This. His uncle ain't worth a fuck.

vy65
05-09-2018, 07:53 AM
7.5 * 5 = 37.5 or not even close to the difference. Not to mention that I'm not sure he can go to another franchise that is a big market and still not have to pay state income tax.

Not sure where you’re getting your numbers. Harden’s deal is 200MM, so a shoe deal at 100MM isn’t inconceivable and would make up the delta in super max money.

As for availablity of a big market/SALT, you’re probably right. I’d imagine there’d be additional endorsements that could offset that hit. But I dunno.

ducks
05-09-2018, 12:12 PM
if he goes to the lakers cal will kill him with the taxes

Phenomanul
05-09-2018, 12:19 PM

Extra Stout sighting!

Phenomanul
05-09-2018, 12:23 PM
I don't necessarily disagree but, that doesn't make him irrational, that just makes him selfish.

or indifferent to the offer of loyalty that the Spurs franchise wishes to extend.

MannyIsGod
05-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Not sure where you’re getting your numbers. Harden’s deal is 200MM, so a shoe deal at 100MM isn’t inconceivable and would make up the delta in super max money.

As for availablity of a big market/SALT, you’re probably right. I’d imagine there’d be additional endorsements that could offset that hit. But I dunno.

Harden's deal is longer than the length of the contract we're discussing so you'd have to compare the total to the total possible earnings via contracts if you want to do the totals. Harden's deal is 13 years while the contract we're talking about is 5. Plus, you also need to factor in the difference in a deal in the major market plus a shoe deal here. Kawhi turned down 20 million already, so he has to make that up to. Not to mention that the total reported is NOT what the athelete gets.

YGWHI
05-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Why would Kawhi resign with Phoenix much less Sacramento?

I never said he would sign with them an extension, I said the Spurs could trade him to PHX/SAC.

You shouldn't assume that his new team would ask for an extension as necessary condition to make the deal with the Spurs...The Suns and Kings are the type of teams that would accept just Kawhi's one year rental like OKC and PG13

YGWHI
05-10-2018, 12:08 PM

It's likely done.

You didn't need to know someone to realize this...

His camp wanted the super-max, the Spurs weren't willing to give him it. End.

As simple as two options, give him the extension or trade him.

MaNu4Tres
05-10-2018, 12:13 PM

You didn't need to know someone to realize this...

His camp wanted the super-max, the Spurs weren't willing to give him it. End.

As simple as two options, give him the extension or trade him.

I've actually known about this for the past 4-5 months. Not just right now. You were one of the ones trying to call a bluff -- which was cute I must say.

YGWHI
05-10-2018, 12:16 PM
I've actually known about this for the past 4-5 months. Not just right now. You were one of the ones trying to call a bluff -- which was cute I must say.

Me? I was saying they wanted the super-max since last offseason. I have to find my offseason posts ...One of them said "the only scenario I can see Kawhi leaving SA is if the Spurs don't offer him the supermax"

People called me crazy to suggest that...Well, I wasn't crazy after all.

You said his uncle wanted to sign with one LA's team. That was just BS.

MaNu4Tres
05-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Me? I was saying they wanted the super-max since last offseason. I have to find my offseason posts ...One of them said "the only scenario I can see Kawhi leaving SA is if the Spurs don't offer him the supermax"

People called me crazy to suggest that...Well, I wasn't crazy after all.

About you, I was right. You said his uncle wanted to sign with LA's team. That was just BS.

What proof do you have to say I wasn't right? Go read that whole thread, every comment I made about this situation. You're a dumbass.

YGWHI
05-10-2018, 12:21 PM
What proof do you have to say I wasn't right? Go read that whole thread, every comment I made about this situation. You're a dumbass.

Because his camp ASKED FOR THE SUPERMAX. If his uncle would have wanted to go LA, he didn't even bother asking for the extension.

DPG21920
05-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Because his camp ASKED FOR THE SUPERMAX. If his uncle would have wanted to go LA, he didn't even bother asking for the extension.

That is a specious argument. Kawhi’s camp “asked” for the SuperMax (maybe) because they knew SA would not offer it after what they pulled (it appears, don’t know 100% yet). They wanted out and did surface level stuff for damage control.

cd98
05-10-2018, 03:57 PM
If the Spurs trade Kawhi, it will be because they didn't think he was worth the max, i.e., he has a degenerative injury and they fear he won't play through it or it will cut his career short. Then they trade him. No way Kawhi and his people are walking away from a supermax. A supermax is the ultimate respect for a player and Kawhi can't make up that money in endorsements.

BackHome
05-10-2018, 05:36 PM
No way is this fool getting a Super Max deal from the Spurs. Trade him and let’s all move on in our lives.

SpursBig3s
05-10-2018, 05:49 PM

So the spurs even in the offseason were unwilling to give Kawhi the supermax?? When he was allegedly healthy? That’s dumb... why??

SpursBig3s
05-10-2018, 05:51 PM
So even before all this bullshit shenanigans with his camp started last offseason, Sors were seriously not willing to offer the Supermax?? If true, I don’t agree with that

BillMc
05-10-2018, 05:58 PM
So, the prevailing ST theory crurrently is that Spurs and KL have already had their meeting. That KL knows no Supermax is coming, and the game is over?

BillMc
05-10-2018, 06:01 PM
So the spurs even in the offseason were unwilling to give Kawhi the supermax?? When he was allegedly healthy? That’s dumb... why??

Maybe ownership balked? Or maybe the Spurs hoped to convince him to take a regular max, so the team had more flexibility?

r0drig0lac
05-10-2018, 06:24 PM
So, the prevailing ST theory crurrently is that Spurs and KL have already had their meeting. That KL knows no Supermax is coming, and the game is over?

https://media.giphy.com/media/kHaO6UoYcoC3K/giphy.gif

alpha_HaZE
05-10-2018, 06:30 PM

Great point! Kawhi makes the most money if he were to stay with the Spurs. From the NBA.

However, say if he were to go to PHI (and win a championship there). He might get a 300milion deal from Nike, or at least that's what Kawhi might believe right now and/or told by his uncle or who-ever. And by the way, it was so convenient that it was a Sixers doctor that did not clear Kawhi to play.

Also, remember Stephen Jackson saying Kawhi wants to be like KD, Lebron "One of those guys"?

He [Kevin Durant] inked a 10-year extension with the sportswear giant in 2014 worth as much as $300 million, including royalties

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/06/09/the-nbas-biggest-shoe-deals/#525c5ed71520
(https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/06/09/the-nbas-biggest-shoe-deals/#525c5ed71520)

On a side note, fellow math greek here.

BillMc
05-10-2018, 06:37 PM

:lol:bobo

Play Boban
05-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Kawhitter is a cancer.

MoSpur02
05-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Honestly I wish this were over already. I'm at the point where I don't care where Kawhi ends up. If he is healthy and doesn't have some chronic issue great. If he's traded for a very good package of players and pick great. Just do it already.

r0drig0lac
05-10-2018, 07:36 PM
Honestly I wish this were over already. I'm at the point where I don't care where Kawhi ends up. If he is healthy and doesn't have some chronic issue great. If he's traded for a very good package of players and pick great. Just do it already.
same here

exstatic
05-10-2018, 07:39 PM

They won’t do anything until at least the draft lottery happens. No one even knows the pick order yet. Boston coul end up with #2 or #3 overall if things break right.

ducks
05-10-2018, 07:39 PM
you people are babies

tholdren
05-10-2018, 08:00 PM

And kl is a pos

Ice009
05-10-2018, 08:41 PM

What movie's this from?

RD2191
05-10-2018, 08:47 PM
What movie's this from?

Dazed and confused?

r0drig0lac
05-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Dazed and confused?

this

FireMicoHalili
05-10-2018, 08:58 PM
They won’t do anything until at least the draft lottery happens. No one even knows the pick order yet. Boston coul end up with #2 or #3 overall if things break right.
Was thinking the same, they’ll probably ship him off to a team with the top pick

Ice009
05-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Dazed and confused?

I thought it was, but I haven't watched it in years. I'll have to watch it again. The way this season has gone, it might be time to fire up a blunt (I don't normally smoke at all) and watch something like that.

exstatic
05-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Was thinking the same, they’ll probably ship him off to a team with the top pick

Nah. Phoenix is a dumpster fire. They KNOW that Kawhi will bolt, and therefor won’t trade the pick.

Dingle Barry
05-10-2018, 10:58 PM
Also despite small market Spurs have very marketable colors and jerseys. A LeBron and Kawhi dynamic duo they could brand that perfectly with silver and black everything. Warriors, Bulls, Thunder and Spurs have the most marketable jerseys in league imo.

Thunder? Worst duds in pro sports.

Uriel
05-11-2018, 10:47 AM

DPG21920
05-11-2018, 11:12 AM

SpursDynasty85
05-11-2018, 11:30 AM
Makes sense until at least closer to free agency time. I don't see how any team especially the Sixers & Celtics (most likely trade targets) would even throw a package or talk about it with the Spurs yet. Right now they're probably getting silly offers from NY, Orlando, Milwaukee, etc...

DPG21920
05-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Makes sense until at least closer to free agency time. I don't see how any team especially the Sixers & Celtics (most likely trade targets) would even throw a package or talk about it with the Spurs yet. Right now they're probably getting silly offers from NY, Orlando, Milwaukee, etc...

My friend; teams are definitley making offers and feeling SA out. Probably every damn team except GS.

cd98
05-11-2018, 02:04 PM
So let me know if I got this right...

1. Spurs doctors are saying that Kawhi has a degenerative injury that will get worse over time, but he is healthy enough to play.
2. Kawhi's doctor is saying that it is not degenerative and that Kawhi should rest it and it will completely recover.

Is that right? If so, it explains why the Spurs won't give Kawhi the max. It also explains why Kawhi has hard feelings about the Spurs and why he doesn't trust their doctors.

SpursDynasty85
05-11-2018, 04:48 PM
My friend; teams are definitley making offers and feeling SA out. Probably every damn team except GS.

Maybe your right my only point was that Boston in the middle of their playoff run probably hasn't had the time to assess it yet since they are still in the playoffs. Secondly, Philly would want to see about Lebron before Kawhi. Imo these two teams are the only ones that make sense besides any kind of multi-team trade Getting clarification on this soon would be nice though.

SpursDynasty85
05-11-2018, 04:55 PM

1. Spurs doctors are saying that Kawhi has a degenerative injury that will get worse over time, but he is healthy enough to play.
2. Kawhi's doctor is saying that it is not degenerative and that Kawhi should rest it and it will completely recover.

Is that right? If so, it explains why the Spurs won't give Kawhi the max. It also explains why Kawhi has hard feelings about the Spurs and why he doesn't trust their doctors.

I don't think the Spurs ever said it was degenerative. That would be a huge mistake to state that. There are articles that explains "tendinopathy" has a wide range or spectrum of symptoms including degeneration but everyone is perplexed at Kawhi's injury because he was playing so well all the way up until this past season. I think the Spurs were just perplexed and stated "there is nothing wrong with it except pain" which could be just a psychological issue and not an actual physical limitation, which explains why the Spurs wanted him to play. Kawhi and his camp I'm sure were worried about this diagnosis and wanted a clearer path to full recovery since his biggest contract signing hinges on these next couple of years. Really tough situation. All eggs seemed to have lined up for this crazy drama. Hope he gets health and comes back. I want to see Leonard, Aldridge, Gay, DJ line up!

Baam
05-11-2018, 05:01 PM

"said a Western Conference executive"

Why do they call Western conference executives, only teams with a shot at Kawhi are Philly, Cavs (if the Brooklyn pick becomes the first pick) and Boston.

spurs10
05-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Spurs Nation posted a guy's tweets that says Kawhi was with Magic at a Dodgers game. Said something like 'what's a little beer and tampering amongst friends!'

Leetonidas
05-11-2018, 06:07 PM
He wasn't with Magic

tholdren
05-11-2018, 07:15 PM
Bye cry

ducks
05-11-2018, 07:20 PM
He wasn't with Magic

were you with him instead?

spurs10
05-11-2018, 08:21 PM
He wasn't with Magic That would have pretty stupid. Dude goes to a baseball game and it makes the news.

Leetonidas
05-11-2018, 08:29 PM
were you with him instead?

I was with your wife

tholdren
05-11-2018, 09:14 PM
I was with your wife

Youre not gay?

Leetonidas
05-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Youre not gay?

Sorry to disappoint you but no

spurs10
05-11-2018, 09:53 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but no :lol

Phenomanul
05-12-2018, 01:49 PM
What would really drive people crazy is if he randomly showed up to an NBA Finals game...

baseline bum
05-12-2018, 01:57 PM
What would really drive people crazy is if he randomly showed up to an NBA Finals game...

I still remember thinking WTF when I saw Robert Horry at Game 1 of the 99 Finals.

vy65
05-12-2018, 02:05 PM
Woj reporting Spurs are not open to talks of a KL trade.

TheDoctor
05-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Spurs denied till the end LMA’s situation too.

SpursDynasty85
05-12-2018, 03:29 PM

Not true. I clearly remember RC stating if they can improve the team with a trade they would look into it. They probably denied LMA wanting the trade until they signed the extension.

TheDoctor
05-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Not true. I clearly remember RC stating if they can improve the team with a trade they would look into it. They probably denied LMA wanting the trade until they signed the extension.
Yes true. Those comment you’re refering to were after Draft Night. Before that they denied everything.

AFBlue
05-12-2018, 04:35 PM

Link?

SpursDynasty85
05-12-2018, 04:41 PM

Yep I say no and make other teams put in the serious offers. Plus the Spurs I'm sure havent completed Kawhi's official injury and physical assessment yet. Sigh* I'm sure the Spurs front office are circling their brains over and over on how to approach this and what they can expect.

Yep. Does

vy65
05-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Link?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8iv4i9/windhorst_and_wojnarowski_once_clevelands_season/?st=JH3X44Y1&sh=66424859

Russ
05-12-2018, 05:11 PM

The Spurs would have no motive to give the impression they want to trade Leonard (even if they do).

tholdren
05-12-2018, 05:36 PM
The Spurs would have no motive to give the impression they want to trade Leonard (even if they do).

This. Higher bid if they pretend to want him

cd021
05-13-2018, 09:18 AM
May have already been posted already but;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2775772-paul-george-rumored-to-draw-interest-from-76ers-in-2018-nba-free-agency

Kawhi and Mills for Faultz, Covington, Saric, Parsekniks, & 10th pick tbh

AFBlue
05-13-2018, 10:43 AM
May have already been posted already but;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2775772-paul-george-rumored-to-draw-interest-from-76ers-in-2018-nba-free-agency

Kawhi and Mills for Faultz, Covington, Saric, Parsekniks, & 10th pick tbh

You're out of your mind if you think we're getting Saric, Fultz AND a lottery pick for Kawhi. Would love to be wrong though.

DPG21920
05-13-2018, 11:46 AM
You're out of your mind if you think we're getting Saric, Fultz AND a lottery pick for Kawhi. Would love to be wrong though.

IF SA trades with PHI I think that is exactly what they will get.

goliath
05-13-2018, 12:18 PM
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/ex-cavs-gm-opines-on-spurs-adding-lebron-james-to-make-kawhi-leonard-happy

David Griffen, ex Cavs gm on bill Simmons podcast:

My intention wasn’t necessarily to say L.A. made the most sense (as a landing spot for LeBron James), just that it’s as likely as anything else. San Antonio could be as likely as anything else. Why couldn’t San Antonio find a way to clear the space to bring LeBron in to make Kawhi happy? LeBron thinks Pop is an absolute icon. That’s an outcome that could happen as well. And if someone could pull that off, it’s Pop. For me, when I look at it, and you’re making the decision to do this, you have to start, ‘This is the Spurs.’ If this was any other organization, I would believe all the fire starter nonsense about he has to leave. I don’t think you have to do anything. Pop has the level of control and power to say, ‘No, I’m not trading Kawhi Leonard.’ If you’re going to not do that, then you’ve going to need to put him in a position to dictate outcomes, so maybe you have to change the pieces around him. I think that’s more likely than they just cave and move the guy.”

phxspurfan
05-13-2018, 12:27 PM
"Kawhi and LBJ going to Philly."

cd021
05-13-2018, 12:35 PM
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/ex-cavs-gm-opines-on-spurs-adding-lebron-james-to-make-kawhi-leonard-happy

David Griffen, ex Cavs gm on bill Simmons podcast:

My intention wasn’t necessarily to say L.A. made the most sense (as a landing spot for LeBron James), just that it’s as likely as anything else. San Antonio could be as likely as anything else. Why couldn’t San Antonio find a way to clear the space to bring LeBron in to make Kawhi happy? LeBron thinks Pop is an absolute icon. That’s an outcome that could happen as well. And if someone could pull that off, it’s Pop. For me, when I look at it, and you’re making the decision to do this, you have to start, ‘This is the Spurs.’ If this was any other organization, I would believe all the fire starter nonsense about he has to leave. I don’t think you have to do anything. Pop has the level of control and power to say, ‘No, I’m not trading Kawhi Leonard.’ If you’re going to not do that, then you’ve going to need to put him in a position to dictate outcomes, so maybe you have to change the pieces around him. I think that’s more likely than they just cave and move the guy.”

According to Dunc'd On podcast. Lebron is going to make slightly more than what the max would be so instead of opting out and signing elsewhere, it makes more sense for him to pull a CP3 so his next team doesn't give up the farm to get him.

Mills, Gasol, and 1st rounder would technically work for Lebron. Parker, Green, Gay, Anderson, Bertans, could all be re-signed and

Murray, Lebron, Leonard, Gay, LMA
Parker, Green, Manu, Anderson, C

I'd fucking faint :wow:lol

Bill_Brasky
05-13-2018, 12:36 PM
Kawhi ain't going anywhere tbh. He know hes about to sign the supermax deal and wasn't gonna risk playing this past year. Hell be back fully healthy next year and were gonna get revenge on the Warriors.

Play Boban
05-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Kawhi ain't going anywhere tbh. He know hes about to sign the supermax deal and wasn't gonna risk playing this past year. Hell be back fully healthy next year and were gonna get revenge on the Warriors.

cd021
05-13-2018, 12:57 PM

Maybe, but there are a few things to consider; but It sounds like they are definitely angling for an all-star wing and whether it be Lebron, PG13 or Kawhi. PG sounds like he is L.A. bound or back to OKC, Lebron may head out west, possibly to join PG in L.A., leaving Kawhi as their best shot at acquiring one of three.

1. Spurs simply could not trade him, giving the Spurs leverage in trade negotiations.

2. Boston's success without Hayward and Irving plus how their young players have played-they may not be interested in making a move, if they stand pat with Brown, Tatum, Harward, Irving, and Horford that team is also certainly better than Philly next year and probably going forward (easy to forget that Boston still has 5 1st rounders in the next two drafts too)

3. If Spurs were to consider moving him, then it would probably be to a team in the East, making Philly the most likely trade partner.

4. I think that is almost exactly the asking price, it's up to Philly to counter, balk, or agree to the terms.

-Fultz was obviously the number 1 pick but missed most of the year with a mysterious shoulder injury and his shot has been jacked ever since, there's no guarantee that he'll ever be the shooter that he was, lowering his value, which is how the Spurs would probably try and spin in in negotiations.

Covington-valuable player on a really valuable contract but expendable (also if Mills included in the deal he would contract would be needed to make the $ match up)

10th pick- already a young team in need of experience, moving a lottery pick probably isn't ideal but it probably wouldn't be a hang up in a possible deal.

Saric-Probably the biggest sticking point, imagine the Spurs highly value him due to his age (barely 24) and skill set but the 10th, Covington and Fultz aren't nearly enough and Philly doesn't have a substitute to offer up, in his place.

Parsekniks-7'2 mobile center, who could potentially be a stretch 5 in the NBA, switch and protect the rim. Was the 25th pick in last years draft and was stashed. Would be a good throw in to a potential deal.

cd021
05-13-2018, 01:00 PM
Kawhi ain't going anywhere tbh. He knowhes about to sign the supermax deal and wasn't gonna risk playing this past year. Hell be back fully healthy next year and were gonna get revenge on the Warriors.
So he missed 78 games to not risk getting the Supermax, thus causing the Spurs to reconsider giving him the supermax and even possibly trading him-making him inelible for the supermax. If that was his plan then it was pretty stupid tbh.

Nathan89
05-13-2018, 01:53 PM
He'll get offered the supermax if he's healthy and he'll take it.

BackHome
05-13-2018, 02:13 PM
But it won’t be with the Spurs.

BackHome
05-13-2018, 02:19 PM
It’s sad and funny at the same time how fast the media is turning on Pop.

CGD
05-13-2018, 02:28 PM

Nah, that’s bare bones. Maybe had Fultz played this season (ala Tatum) then you’d be right but his lack of body of work helps the spurs here.

DPG21920
05-13-2018, 02:32 PM

What?

daslicer
05-13-2018, 02:37 PM

They also turned on Phil Jackson a few years ago which I never thought could happen.

pad300
05-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Maybe, but there are a few things to consider; but It sounds like they are definitely angling for an all-star wing and whether it be Lebron, PG13 or Kawhi. PG sounds like he is L.A. bound or back to OKC, Lebron may head out west, possibly to join PG in L.A., leaving Kawhi as their best shot at acquiring one of three.

1. Spurs simply could not trade him, giving the Spurs leverage in trade negotiations.

2. Boston's success without Hayward and Irving plus how their young players have played-they may not be interested in making a move, if they stand pat with Brown, Tatum, Harward, Irving, and Horford that team is also certainly better than Philly next year and probably going forward (easy to forget that Boston still has 5 1st rounders in the next two drafts too)

3. If Spurs were to consider moving him, then it would probably be to a team in the East, making Philly the most likely trade partner.

4. I think that is almost exactly the asking price, it's up to Philly to counter, balk, or agree to the terms.

-Fultz was obviously the number 1 pick but missed most of the year with a mysterious shoulder injury and his shot has been jacked ever since, there's no guarantee that he'll ever be the shooter that he was, lowering his value, which is how the Spurs would probably try and spin in in negotiations.

Covington-valuable player on a really valuable contract but expendable (also if Mills included in the deal he would contract would be needed to make the $ match up)

10th pick- already a young team in need of experience, moving a lottery pick probably isn't ideal but it probably wouldn't be a hang up in a possible deal.

Saric-Probably the biggest sticking point, imagine the Spurs highly value him due to his age (barely 24) and skill set but the 10th, Covington and Fultz aren't nearly enough and Philly doesn't have a substitute to offer up, in his place.

Parsekniks-7'2 mobile center, who could potentially be a stretch 5 in the NBA, switch and protect the rim. Was the 25th pick in last years draft and was stashed. Would be a good throw in to a potential deal.

I'd rather have Bolden than Pasceniks.

Budkin
05-13-2018, 03:20 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMW3LEeAorB6Bkwnw8rSD0edgIMm-pBqy6rELuiHtWw-TM_Tj4

cd021
05-14-2018, 02:49 AM

I think Parsecniks has a more realistic chance of being a starting caliber player in the NBA. Bolden is interesting though too

Ice009
05-14-2018, 02:53 AM
Did Bolden play much this season? If he did, was he any good? Did he show any flashes of potential?

CGD
05-14-2018, 08:26 AM

I think they ask for both, and settle for one plus one of the Sixers many 2nd round picks this draft.

exstatic
05-14-2018, 09:20 AM
But it won’t be with the Spurs.

No one else can give it to him. I think that both his uncle, and this football agent he hired may not have even known that.

BSfromTX
05-14-2018, 12:49 PM
So he missed 78 games to not risk getting the Supermax, thus causing the Spurs to reconsider giving him the supermax and even possibly trading him-making him inelible for the supermax. If that was his plan then it was pretty stupid tbh.

Exactly

SpursDynasty85
05-14-2018, 01:38 PM
Exactly

Well. I'm sure the Spurs already rejected the Super Max with him and his uncle. Knowing Kawhi's weird quad injury it was obvious he wasn't going to get it this offseason anyway. I'm not sure about this degenerative thing but it appears the Spurs know its something he is going to have to manage and it may be that he peaked physically last year and they expected him to understand that a supermax would have severely limited there chances of competing with the Warriors anyway. All signs point to a bitter stand off contractually while trying to get healthy. Kawhi's camp has a lot of leverage. They can literally sit and make 20mil/yr and then bolt for LA where loads of endorsements wait as well as there hometown advantage. sigh* more spinning our heads waiting to see what happens.

exstatic
05-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Well. I'm sure the Spurs already rejected the Super Max with him and his uncle. Knowing Kawhi's weird quad injury it was obvious he wasn't going to get it this offseason anyway. I'm not sure about this degenerative thing but it appears the Spurs know its something he is going to have to manage and it may be that he peaked physically last year and they expected him to understand that a supermax would have severely limited there chances of competing with the Warriors anyway. All signs point to a bitter stand off contractually while trying to get healthy. Kawhi's camp has a lot of leverage. They can literally sit and make 20mil/yr and then bolt for LA where loads of endorsements wait as well as there hometown advantage. sigh* more spinning our heads waiting to see what happens.

His endorsement pool is overrated. He was a Finals MVP, for fuck's sake, and Jordan Brand wouldn't give him more than $5M. He's just not very personable, or marketable, and that doesn't change with what city he's in. Social media presence is the new 'large market', and he has none.

If he sits out another year, and then suddenly goes to LA and is healthy, I think the Spurs have a case to sue him to recoup that $40M he stole while faking an injury.

spurraider21
05-14-2018, 02:34 PM
Mills, Gasol, and 1st rounder would technically work for Lebron
:lmao :lmao

SpursDynasty85
05-14-2018, 02:46 PM
His endorsement pool is overrated. He was a Finals MVP, for fuck's sake, and Jordan Brand wouldn't give him more than $5M. He's just not very personable, or marketable, and that doesn't change with what city he's in. Social media presence is the new 'large market', and he has none.

If he sits out another year, and then suddenly goes to LA and is healthy, I think the Spurs have a case to sue him to recoup that $40M he stole while faking an injury.

I still think it's very naive to think he doesn't get more endorsement money in LA or NY. The Lakers competing and making more playoff games brings in so much more money for them that I'm sure they will be glad to set up back door endorsements for him. As far as his shoe deal, check this article out. (https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nba/10-nba-players-making-a-fortune-off-shoe-endorsements.html/?a=viewall) I think Jordan is just cheap which harkens back to his uncle not being a business savvy as he may think but still players wanting bigger markets and more money is nothing new. I think all this surprised us because Kawhi seemed to fit the low key organization so well. About the whole faking injury yea I suppose that could be in their back pocket but near the bottom of circumstances the Spurs would want.

superbigtime
05-14-2018, 02:55 PM
I don't see how the Spurs have much option other than to trade him. Relationship is broken. His health hasn't been recovered fully and may not ever be back. They would be foolish to give a broken player a Supermax contract, and the Spurs office never makes a bad contract with a player, right? He would walk at the end of next season. Have to trade him.

exstatic
05-14-2018, 03:20 PM
I don't see how the Spurs have much option other than to trade him. Relationship is broken. His health hasn't been recovered fully and may not ever be back. They would be foolish to give a broken player a Supermax contract, and the Spurs office never makes a bad contract with a player, right? He would walk at the end of next season. Have to trade him.

He's healthy.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-14-2018, 04:23 PM
No news from his exit interview?

He’s gone

DPG21920
05-14-2018, 04:28 PM
I dont think anything is decided. I think he could be gone, but I also think there is still room to work things out for obvious reasons.

spurraider21
05-14-2018, 04:35 PM
I dont think anything is decided. I think he could be gone, but I also think there is still room to work things out for obvious reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ

DPG21920
05-14-2018, 04:45 PM
Lol - I mean, it’s true. Nothing appears to be decided at this point until we hear otherwise. We can make educated guesses, but I’m of the opinion it legitimately can go either way still. Some things in life really are 50/50.

cd021
05-14-2018, 05:04 PM
:lmao :lmao

why wouldn't the Cavs take that deal? :lol

gambit1990
05-14-2018, 05:13 PM
that is weird...

NASpurs
05-14-2018, 05:27 PM

He’s gone

Just waiting for Woj to stir up the hornet's nest while the local beat writers go into defensive positions of denying everything acting like they've known more than they've let on. How many times has this scenario played out this year?

gambit1990
05-14-2018, 05:27 PM
what did he have to gain from not playing?

there's only cons. unless he was really wasn't in a condition to play.

Russ
05-14-2018, 05:42 PM
what did he have to gain from not playing?

Infuriating the Spurs so much that they would trade you?

gambit1990
05-14-2018, 05:48 PM
Infuriating the Spurs so much that they would trade you?
true. not playing also lowers his trade value though. which i guess would help the team got him...

i think if he had wanted a trade he would've let it be known before the deadline.

bdictjames
05-14-2018, 05:49 PM

He’s gone
I mean, when have we ever had news from a Spurs player during exit interviews. Just sayin'. :P

exstatic
05-14-2018, 06:02 PM
that is weird...

Not really. I’m sure Pop didn’t conduct them. His interview may have simply been them telling him that Pop wants to talk to him.

superbigtime
05-14-2018, 11:08 PM
He's healthy.

No way.

spurs10
05-15-2018, 12:02 AM
It’s sad and funny at the same time how fast the media is turning on Pop. Are these alternative facts? Come on man get ahold of yourself! :lol

Twisted_Dawg
05-15-2018, 06:44 AM
true. not playing also lowers his trade value though. which i guess would help the team got him...

i think if he had wanted a trade he would've let it be known before the deadline.

This is something I don't think has been discussed enough. Other teams will certainly consider his injury history and scrutinize this latest quad injury, and then factor in Kawhi's tactics towards the Spurs plus the involvement of his group, and may decide all things considered, this guy is not worth sending a bunch of young talent and picks to get back a potentially injury prone player, possibly degenerative, with a monster contract who acted like a little bitch to the Spurs.

There will be suitors no doubt, I just dont think the offers will be as lucrative as we anticipate.

exstatic
05-15-2018, 07:18 AM
No way.

Why isn’t he rehabbing then? Why did his NY rehab end literally the minute the Spurs were eliminated?

superbigtime
05-15-2018, 10:01 AM
Why isn’t he rehabbing then? Why did his NY rehab end literally the minute the Spurs were eliminated?

I don't know if he is or isn't. What do you think is REALLY going on?

exstatic
05-15-2018, 10:34 AM
I don't know if he is or isn't. What do you think is REALLY going on?

His group is trying to force either the SuperMax or a trade, and they're playing dirty pool to do it. This was a 'medical' hold out.

superbigtime
05-15-2018, 10:40 AM
His group is trying to force either the SuperMax or a trade, and they're playing dirty pool to do it. This was a 'medical' hold out.

It sure looks that way. I want to give Kawhi benefit of the doubt, but that appears naiive on my part. Tough disappointing bitter pill to swallow as a fan. What do you think is best for the Spurs, and what do you think the outcome will be, ultimately? Do you think K was injured, rehabbed, and came back too soon and this mess took a new direction thanks to K's uncle/entourage?

DPG21920
05-15-2018, 02:31 PM

He could still be rehabbing; I bet he is in fact. I think the only thing that doubt is cast upon now is that he HAD to be in NY to rehab.

exstatic
05-15-2018, 02:38 PM
He could still be rehabbing; I bet he is in fact. I think the only thing that doubt is cast upon now is that he HAD to be in NY to rehab.

He's in fucking LA, kicking back and taking in the Dodgers. I didn't even see Uncle Fester there to hold Kawhi's hand in that video from Chavez Ravine.

DPG21920
05-15-2018, 02:40 PM
He's in fucking LA, kicking back and taking in the Dodgers. I didn't even see Uncle Fester there to hold Kawhi's hand in that video from Chavez Ravine.

No one rehabs 24/7. Even in NY he was spotted around. He could very well be working out in the mornings and then doing what normal people do at night.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-15-2018, 03:37 PM
From reddit:

What’s up Spurs bros. I’ve tried posting this to r/nba before, but apparently, it breaks the rules. It’s a pretty cool story that I hope you guys can appreciate. This is the exact post I wrote on the day that it happened (April 27, about 30 minutes outside NYC):

I'll preface this by saying that I have no hard proof, but hopefully, the story is as cool to you guys as it was for me. So, I went to the gym today with my friend. The gym we go to isn't just a gym, it's a like a full athletic facility, weight rooms, courts, pools, the works. We always go on Friday, but usually not till night time. We went today around 1pm, played a little basketball, then we went to go lift. So we're doing our thing, and I can't help but notice this huge guy in the corner doing some type of exercise with a trainer. I mean, he was by far the biggest guy in the room. He was wearing a hood, pretty tight, so I couldn't see his face. It was him and the trainer working, and some guy watching them. So, I'm in the middle of my set, I see this guy turn around, and I looked at his face.

Right before, I was thinking, this is probably just another football player, cause we have a couple NFL players that come to this place to train sometimes. No big name guys, but the people at the desk have told me that that some people affiliated with the NY Jets defer from the training facility to come here and work because it's closer. Anyway, he turned around and I immediately looked at him. This guy already had my attention since he was huge, and I wanted to just get a good look at him. I saw his face and I was like holy shit, that looks just like Kawhi Leonard. It was really weird, like, I was thinking there's no way Kawhi fucking Leonard is right there. I was honestly thinking in a state of denial for a second. Idk if any of you have ever seen someone famous in public, but I never had. It was like, I know who this person is, but I had a very hard time believing that they were actually right near me. So, I walked up to him as he was walking away from his station, and I just said "yo", not really knowing how to approach this situation. Immediately, he said "sup" and put out his fist, so I fist bumped him, then he kept walking away.

The other guy in the corner walked up to me and asked me if I was a fan. I just said "is that Kawhi?". He said, "yes, I'm his uncle". So, right now, I'm fucking starstruck. Kawhi walks back over and I asked him if I could get a pic and he said "nah, sorry.", then he walked away. His uncle said that Kawhi is strictly staying off social media right now and that it wasn't anything personal. He said that if I wanted, Kawhi could give me an autograph. I didn't know what the fuck to do cause I had nothing that he could sign. I ran to the showers and grabbed my towel, then got a sharpie from the desk. This was pretty stupid, in hindsight, cause this took like 5 minutes. I probably could've just grabbed a post-it from the desk and had him sign it, but I was honestly in like a delirium. I got back, and they were gone. I went to the desk and I was like, "Does he really go here?". The guy said "Kawhi?, yea, once in a while". I was in fucking disbelief. I had just met Kawhi Leonard, and he fist bumped me. NBA champion, Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard fist bumped me. It was honestly one of the great moments of my life, looking back. At the time, I didn't know what the fuck to do, but holy shit. It was so fucking cool.

TL;DR: Met Kawhi at the gym, he fist bumped me

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/comments/8jkr3x/i_met_kawhi_recently/

Play Boban
05-15-2018, 03:45 PM
No one rehabs 24/7. Even in NY he was spotted around. He could very well be working out in the mornings and then doing what normal people do at night.
And yet he couldn’t leave NY at all until the Spurs were eliminated. Anyone who believes Kawhitter’s bs mudt he really dense tbh.

BackHome
05-15-2018, 04:04 PM
The thing is that Kawhi could stop all of this right now if he would just do a three minute interview. Him not doing it lends me to believe he ain’t comming back next year add to the fact they paid him 19 mill for him to be on vacation in New York is not going to wins Pops heart. To me it’s not a matter Kawhi is not a Spur it’s more of when will he be traded and to who?

ducks
05-15-2018, 04:04 PM
leonard is a fucking baby

SpursDynasty85
05-15-2018, 04:38 PM
The thing is that Kawhi could stop all of this right now if he would just do a three minute interview. Him not doing it lends me to believe he ain’t comming back next year add to the fact they paid him 19 mill for him to be on vacation in New York is not going to wins Pops heart. To me it’s not a matter Kawhi is not a Spur it’s more of when will he be traded and to who?

Well to be fair, hes already stated multiple times there is not tension and he just is trying to get healthy. If that truly is the case, he has not incentive to keep babying the public opinion. His stance is his stance. He's never been one to like being in the media. If he does come out and say something it will just incite more frenzy because there is real tension between his uncle/himself and the organization. He feels a bit thrown under the bus.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-15-2018, 06:12 PM
Kawhi's uncle is really strict on keeping Kawhi off social media, must be so Kawhi doesn't see how some people have turned on him.

tholdren
05-15-2018, 06:13 PM
Trade the bum

daslicer
05-15-2018, 08:41 PM
Wow it seems like Kawhi's uncle hustled that guy at the gym. I'm sure his uncle never intended Kawhi to give that guy autograph and tricked that idiot into looking for something to sign which game them enough time to get out and escape.

CGD
05-15-2018, 08:42 PM
Sounds like that poster that ran into Kawhi at HEB...

baseline bum
05-15-2018, 09:20 PM
Fist bumping Kawhi Leonard is one of the best moments of this guy's life? :lmao

Russ
05-15-2018, 09:23 PM

He's a Knicks fan . . .

rascal
05-15-2018, 09:47 PM
Trade Leonard into the top part of the draft and draft Mikal Bridges in a package deal with another player. Philadelphia at pick 10 might be too low to draft Bridges so likely will have to be another team.
Bridges is going to be a star.

Mugen
05-15-2018, 10:02 PM

Leetonidas
05-15-2018, 10:58 PM
Phoenix won the number one pick tbh....

Spurs9
05-16-2018, 08:30 AM
Phoenix won the number one pick tbh....

Booker + pick for Leonard?

philldafunk
05-16-2018, 09:11 AM
I'm guessing that gym in the story was Lifetime at the rim? Bout as high end as it gets in SA

Drewlius
05-16-2018, 09:34 AM

Per the lottery telecast the following facts are true -

1. Robert Sarver(Owner) is an Arizona alum - DeAndre Ayton played at Arizona
2. Igor Kokoskov is Luka Doncic's former coach and they are very close.
3. This is the first #1 overall selection for Phoenix in the team's history.

1 or 2 + 3 = No way they are trading that pick.

smaka
05-16-2018, 09:39 AM
A few months back I said Spurs should tank for Doncic and y'all laughed at me...
Now? Everyone wants to trade Leonard for high lottery pick.

SpursDynasty85
05-16-2018, 09:43 AM

Suns wouldn't do it. I dont think Leonard would sign an extension for Phoenix either.

exstatic
05-16-2018, 10:01 AM
A few months back I said Spurs should tank for Doncic and y'all laughed at me...

Yeah, call us when it happens. I don't see any of the top 3 as legitimate landing spots for Kawhi.

smaka
05-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Yeah, call us when it happens. I don't see any of the top 3 as legitimate landing spots for Kawhi.
Not saying the trade will actually happen, but people laughed at me for even mentioning that I'd trade Kawhi for Doncic. Just saying you're not getting anything better in return, IMO. Doncic will be big.

BackHome
05-16-2018, 12:23 PM
I would be happy if we could trade Kawhi and get Philly pick Mikal Bridges.

Joseph Kony
05-16-2018, 12:42 PM

they wouldn't give up booker. would have to be something like #1/Jackson/Bender/salary for Leonard

daslicer
05-16-2018, 12:53 PM

It wasn't possible to tank and get a top 3 pick a few months ago. I'll go all way back to February and the Spurs record on 2/1/18 was 34-20. The Suns finished the season with 21 wins while the Kings had 27 and the Hawks had 24 wins. No way the Spurs could have gotten a top 3 pick even if they lost all of their games. The Hornets finished the season with 36 wins and ended up with the 11th pick. Hypothetically if the Spurs tanked hard they would have ended up around 12-14 which is not in range to draft Doncic.

Brazil
05-16-2018, 01:19 PM

More in the likes of
Spurs:
1. you were eligible for super max but with your injury not worth the risk
2. play next year, qualify again and we will give it you
Uncle:
1. nope I want it now otherwise I want a trade
Spurs:
1. what teams do you want to be traded to ?

tholdren
05-18-2018, 04:21 PM
I told you all... not a max player and fmvp fraud

spurraider21
05-18-2018, 04:26 PM
ya know... i woulda been perfectly content with the spurs fading into irrelevance as the big 3 aged and retired. that was the expected outcome for a long time.

but it's pretty shitty for things to go downhill in this manner, we had a sense of hope with kawhi that this team would be legit for another 6-7 years