PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Boy Scouts

Chris
05-02-2018, 09:31 PM
Boy Scouts are dropping the word 'Boy' from flagship program; Girl Scouts shrug

"Boy Scouts," which includes kids from 10 to 17, will become "Scouts BSA" in February in an effort to become less gender specific, now that girls may join the Boy Scouts.

The Boy Scouts of America doubled down Wednesday on its quest to become the scouting organization of choice for boys and girls, announcing it will drop "Boy" from the name of its signature program.

But the decision didn't impress the Girl Scout organization, which noted no new, "girl specific" programming.

“Girl Scouts is the premier leadership development organization for girls,” Sylvia Acevedo, CEO of Girl Scouts of the USA, said in a statement. “We are, and will remain, the first choice for girls and parents."

Both groups, which have been at odds since the Boy Scouts decided to open its doors to girls, have been struggling with declining membership.

The umbrella organization will retain its name, Boy Scouts of America or BSA. The term Cub Scouts, for kids 7-10 years old, is gender neutral and also will go unchanged. Boy Scouts, which includes kids from 10 to 17, will become Scouts BSA in February.

Chief Scout Executive Mike Surbaugh unveiled the group's "Scout Me In" marketing campaign aimed at promoting inclusiveness. “As we enter a new era for our organization, it is important that all youth can see themselves in Scouting in every way possible," Surbaugh said.

Change has been coming quickly to the iconic if shrinking organization. In October, it announced it would provide programs for girls. Several months before that, the group announced it would accept and register transgender youths into its organization.

In 2015, it ended its ban on gay leaders.

Thousands of girls have become Cub Scouts in an early adopter program as the Boy Scouts of America begins welcoming girls into the organization in new ways. (April 23) AP

Cub Scouts will formally accept girls starting this summer. Surbaugh said more than 3,000 girls nationwide already enrolled in the BSA’s Early Adopter Program and are participating in Cub Scouts before the full launch.

Allowing girls into the organization allows busy families to consolidate programs for their kids, BSA says. Most of the actual Cub packs and Scout troops, however, will be single gender. Girls and boys can work toward the prestigious title of Eagle Scout.

“Cub Scouts is a lot of fun, and now it’s available to all kids,” said Stephen Medlicott, BSA marketing director. “That’s why we love ‘Scout Me In’ — because it speaks to girls and boys and tells them, ‘This is for you. We want you to join!’ ”

Boy Scouts of America claims almost 2.3 million members, down from 2.6 million five years ago. That includes Venturing and Sea Scouting programs, the latter allowing membership up to 21 years of age. In its peak years, BSA had more than 4 million participants.

Adults play a major role in the program: Almost 1 million adult volunteers serve as the backbone of the organization.

It's too early to determine what impact the aggressive BSA effort to recruit girls will have on the Girl Scouts, an organization best known for its lucrative annual cookie sales. The organization, founded two years after Boy Scouts, currently claims a membership of about 1.8 million.

The Girl Scouts list a series of efforts designed to "stay ahead of the pack of youth organizations." That includes 23 new merit badges focusing on outdoors and STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). And last month, the organization unveiled a LinkedIn network aimed tapping a major resource — the group's 50 million alums.

The goal of the network is "to support female advancement in the workforce and help prepare girls for a lifetime of leadership and career success."

Still, the impact of the BSA effort is being felt. One regional leader, Fiona Cummings of Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois, told the Associated Press the BSA’s decision to admit girls is among the factors that have shrunk her council’s youth membership by more than 500 girls so far this year.

She said relations with the Boy Scouts in her region used to be collaborative and now are “very chilly.”

So sick...Liberals ruin EVERYTHING they touch. I made it to Life badge tbh

rmt
05-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Note: I did not read this article.

As bou would say, this whole thing is go****n stupid. It's like they're trying to turn boys into girls - ridiculous. I raised 2 boys and a girl - every paper towel tube, stick, gift paper tube became a sword/weapon with the boys. The girl - never once picked up something like that. The boys - unbounding energy - always on the move. The girl - sedate, calm, laid back. What is the US coming to? I say US because the majority of the world probably still views gender the way I did when I was young.

rmt
05-02-2018, 09:50 PM
So, what about Girl Scout? Are they letting boys in as members and men in as leaders?

rmt
05-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Are they gonna have the boys doing sewing instead of pine derby cars? Oh, those were the days - some boy scout camps are ROUGH - no running water - in FL heat.

SnakeBoy
05-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Note: I did not read this article.

As bou would say, this whole thing is go****n stupid. It's like they're trying to turn boys into girls - ridiculous. I raised 2 boys and a girl - every paper towel tube, stick, gift paper tube became a sword/weapon with the boys. The girl - never once picked up something like that. The boys - unbounding energy - always on the move. The girl - sedate, calm, laid back. What is the US coming to? I say US because the majority of the world probably still views gender the way I did when I was young.

If you read it you'll notice that the boy scouts are doing this because of plummeting membership. It's a business decision more than any endorsement of liberal values. Basically they are trying to steal the girl scouts members.

pgardn
05-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Are they gonna have the boys doing sewing instead of pine derby cars? Oh, those were the days - some boy scout camps are ROUGH - no running water - in FL heat.

Girls cant camp or make cars.
And boys can’t patch their torn clothes in the deep jungle.

Its a mess...

Bearing children definitely means no camping.
Plan on Inseminating females? don’t bother sewing.

DisAsTerBot
05-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Lol the outrage

SnakeBoy
05-02-2018, 10:00 PM

The younger generation isn't very interested in building derby cars, camping, etc. Hell MLB is trying to figure out what to do to try and get kids interested in baseball again.

Spurtacular
05-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Girls cant camp or make cars.
And boys can’t patch their torn clothes in the deep jungle.

Its a mess...

Bearing children definitely means no camping.
Plan on Inseminating females? don’t bother sewing.

So, why aren't the girl scouts doing these things to begin with, then?

Chris
05-02-2018, 10:59 PM
The author of the article speculates on if it's a business decision as does "SnakeBoy" but the quote is quite clear:

Chief Scout Executive Mike Surbaugh unveiled the group's "Scout Me In" marketing campaign aimed at promoting inclusiveness. “As we enter a new era for our organization, it is important that all youth can see themselves in Scouting in every way possible," Surbaugh said.

It's about tolerance and inclusiveness. Endorsement of Liberal values.

pgardn
05-02-2018, 11:00 PM
So, why aren't the girl scouts doing these things to begin with, then?

They are.

Now.

The world changes, conservatives conserve the past.

Spurtacular
05-02-2018, 11:24 PM
They are.

Now.

The world changes, conservatives conserve the past.

So, if they're doing it now, then why do the boy scouts need to be co-ed, suddenly?

Pavlov
05-02-2018, 11:35 PM
So, if they're doing it now, then why do the boy scouts need to be co-ed, suddenly?Suddenly as in they announced it six months ago.

Spurtacular
05-03-2018, 12:19 AM
:cry Muh semantics :cry

That was a sad attempt even by your very pathetic standards.

Pavlov
05-03-2018, 12:23 AM
That was a sad attempt even by your very pathetic standards.lol qu:cryte change

You thought they just decided to change the policy today.

Pathetic.

Spurtacular
05-03-2018, 12:28 AM
:cry Six months ago and today cos it really matters :cry

More sadness.

Pavlov
05-03-2018, 12:29 AM
More sadness.lol "suddenly"

six months ago

DMC
05-03-2018, 12:34 AM
Boy scouts is a haven for pedophiles, just like the Catholic church.

Spurtacular
05-03-2018, 12:38 AM
lol "suddenly"

six months ago

You need to look up the definition of semantics. You clearly don't know what it means.

Chris
05-03-2018, 12:47 AM

Probably exclusive to blue states.

leemajors
05-03-2018, 12:52 AM
Probably exclusive to blue states.

Nah, they're everywhere. Probably a door down, bro.

FlAVaK
05-03-2018, 12:53 AM
In Germany they call themselves Pfadfinder, which means something like pathfinder or just scout. No separatin in boys and girls to begin with...

Chris
05-03-2018, 12:57 AM
Nah, they're everywhere. Probably a door down, bro.

Already checked the TxDPS for my city. Crazy the people you see everyday and didn't know any better.

Pavlov
05-03-2018, 01:06 AM
You need to look up the definition of semantics. You clearly don't know what it means.You didn't know they announced the policy change six months ago.

lol

Spurtacular
05-03-2018, 01:11 AM
You didn't know they announced the policy change six months ago.

lol

:lol Holding tightly to your self-inflicted L.

Pavlov
05-03-2018, 01:14 AM
:lol Holding tightly to your self-inflicted L.Just stating a fact.

It's not like people are just discovering you're ignorant.

Spurtacular
05-03-2018, 01:27 AM
Just stating a (insignificant) fact.

It's sad when you think your self-inflicted L's are W's.

Pavlov
05-03-2018, 01:30 AM
It's sad when you think your self-inflicted L's are W's.lol qu:cryte change

You didn't know they announced the change in policy six months ago.

dabom
05-03-2018, 01:35 AM
Just stating a fact.

:lol

Spurtacular
05-03-2018, 01:40 AM
You didn't know they announced the change in policy six months ago.

Relevance?

:lol "Grudgeposting"

SnakeBoy
05-03-2018, 02:13 AM

and Spurstalk

Pavlov
05-03-2018, 02:15 AM
Relevance?You were wrong.

Spurtacular
05-03-2018, 09:14 AM
You were wrong.

And thus the depth of your argumentation. It makes zero iotas of difference to the matter at hand.

rjv
05-03-2018, 09:58 AM
fortnite sends its regards.

sickdsm
05-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Always wondered why there was girl and boy scouts seperates tbh. Not sure what scouts is all about, went to a meeting couple years ago looking to set up a chapter. Tie knots, camping, fishing, etc?

Spurminator
05-03-2018, 11:10 AM
The name change makes perfect sense given the new direction of the Scouts program. If you have issue with them admitting girls that's one thing, but to bemoan political correctness over a non boys-only organization updating its name to reflect that status is silly.

benefactor
05-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Just stating a fact.

The Dumper

Blake
05-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Boy Scouts are dropping the word 'Boy' from flagship program; Girl Scouts shrug

So sick...Liberals ruin EVERYTHING they touch. I made it to Life badge tbh

Lol the outrage

Lol

koriwhat
05-03-2018, 04:47 PM
liberalism lmao... more like pussification of males.

koriwhat
05-03-2018, 04:49 PM
The name change makes perfect sense given the new direction of the Scouts program. If you have issue with them admitting girls that's one thing, but to bemoan political correctness over a non boys-only organization updating its name to reflect that status is silly.

and so how about girl scouts then? your assessment holds no weight.

Blake
05-03-2018, 04:51 PM

They're two different organizations, genius.

Spurminator
05-03-2018, 08:29 PM

What about them? Why do the Boy Scouts have to tailor their business for a completely separate business?

Do you think Burger King should stop selling fries because McDonald's does? Damn, for conservatives you guys sure are all about regulation.

rmt
05-03-2018, 10:47 PM
Well, I was heavily involved in scouting - both Boy and Girl (leader and cookie mom for many years). They were back then very different organizations with different feels (girls - more a social club and cliquish while the boys - more skills-based). Dd went all the way from K-12 and got her Gold Award. I can't imagine boys joining our troop. For the boys, even more so - the girls in our troop would NEVER rough it as the boys did at camp - civilized chickee huts for them.

http://www.girlscoutsfl.org/en/camp/our-camp-properties/camp-wesumkee.html

koriwhat
05-03-2018, 10:56 PM
What about them? Why do the Boy Scouts have to tailor their business for a completely separate business?

Do you think Burger King should stop selling fries because McDonald's does? Damn, for conservatives you guys sure are all about regulation.

lol for republicans... for dipshits yall sure want little boys and men alike to become weird mental cases who grow up believing in a make believe world.

Blake
05-04-2018, 12:28 AM
lol for republicans... for dipshits yall sure want little boys and men alike to become weird mental cases who grow up believing in a make believe world.

Nobody wanted you to become a mental case

koriwhat
05-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Nobody wanted you to become a mental case

Lol says the confused sissy boy who allowed his fake gf to be smashed daily by a real man.

Blake
05-04-2018, 02:06 PM
Lol says the confused sissy boy who allowed his fake gf to be smashed daily by a real man.

Lol stupid

koriwhat
05-04-2018, 04:04 PM
Lol stupid

yeah i know; being a sissy as yourself and letting your spine completely disintegrate is pretty stupid imo too.

Blake
05-04-2018, 04:04 PM
Lol stupid

koriwhat
05-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Lol stupid

:tu keep on chuckling blakey poo

spurraider21
05-04-2018, 04:09 PM
organization that allows boy and girl members taking out "boy" from their title?

OUTRAGE

Blake
05-04-2018, 04:13 PM
:tu keep on chuckling blakey poo

Keep resorting to making shit up about me and I'll keep chuckling, stupid.

koriwhat
05-04-2018, 04:25 PM

keep soaking them cushions with your tears buddy

Blake
05-04-2018, 04:40 PM
keep soaking them cushions with your tears buddy

Chris
05-05-2018, 04:15 PM
FaXrYPQFlKc

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 04:36 PM
FaXrYPQFlKcLouder snowflake.

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 06:51 PM
I don't have a problem with girls in scouting. But I will :lol when their numbers sharply drop as the stories of underage sex start rolling out.

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 06:53 PM
I don't have a problem with girls in scouting. But I will :lol when their numbers sharply drop as the stories of underage sex start rolling out.Wouldn't be much different from what is already happening.

http://www.latimes.com/resizer/XKSoIa23cQNkzgKn4t7jtc7kVBs=/1400x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/CAOHZED5ZJFUHOQE5TW47NXTSA.jpg

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Wouldn't be much different from what is already happening.

http://www.latimes.com/resizer/XKSoIa23cQNkzgKn4t7jtc7kVBs=/1400x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/CAOHZED5ZJFUHOQE5TW47NXTSA.jpg

That's all you got for a counter? The scouts are doubling their recruiting pool, and that's all you got? :lol

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 06:57 PM
That's all you got for a counter? The scouts are doubling their recruiting pool, and that's all you got? :lolWhat else do you need?

All you got is a prediction based on your fear of women.

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 07:02 PM
What else do you need?

All you got is a prediction based on your fear of women.

I have no fear of women; hence why I said I don't have a problem with it, genius. And you already have my prediction, genius X 2.

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 07:05 PM
I have no fear of women; hence why I said I don't have a problem with it, genius. And you already have my prediction, genius X 2.Such a convincing deinal.

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Such a convincing deinal.

:lol That L must be scrumptious.
:lol Coming back at me with that weak sh**.

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 08:17 PM
:lol That L must be scrumptious.
:lol Coming back at me with that weak sh**.

lol you have to reassure yourself in every single thread with your victory declarations.

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 08:23 PM
lol you have to reassure yourself in every single thread with your victory declarations.

You didn't earn the retort 'L's in bulk' by not taking L's in every thread.

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 09:18 PM
You didn't earn the retort 'L's in bulk' by not taking L's in every thread.As long as you feel reassured.

lol

rmt
05-05-2018, 09:21 PM
I would have a serious problem with my dd in scouting with a bunch of boys and male leaders - send her off with them on camping trips or go with her (in those no running water camps) to chaperone her? Why would any parents want that when there is already an alternative - scouting with a bunch of girls. That's asking for more problems if you ask me.

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 09:24 PM
As long as you feel reassured.

lol

I am reassured that you're a loser.

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 09:24 PM
I would have a serious problem with my dd in scouting with a bunch of boys and male leaders - send her off with them on camping trips or go with her (in those no running water camps) to chaperone her? Why would any parents want that when there is already an alternative - scouting with a bunch of girls. That's asking for more problems if you ask me.
Right, it's better to have just boys molested in the boy scouts.

rmt
05-05-2018, 09:43 PM

When you have a daughter, you will be perfectly free to send her on a camping trip in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of boys (and their raging hormones) and male leaders (and wherever their predilections lie). Abandon all common sense and do the socially/politically correct thing. I sincerely hope that your wife/girlfriend will knock some sense into you when you make that suggestion - like over my dead body.

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 09:54 PM
When you have a daughter, you will be perfectly free to send her on a camping trip in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of boys (and their raging hormones) and male leaders (and wherever their predilections lie). Abandon all common sense and do the socially/politically correct thing. I sincerely hope that your wife/girlfriend will knock some sense into you when you make that suggestion - like over my dead body.You think the Scouts are now a rape factory. If somehow parents weren't allowed to go on the rape trips, I'd be concerned.

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 10:27 PM

That's not a proper counter point; that's just you lashing out (and apparently advocating for pedophilia, too). :lol

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 10:29 PM
That's not a proper counter point; that's just you lashing out (and apparently advocating for pedophilia). :lol:lmao forum referee

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 10:34 PM
You think the Scouts are now a rape factory. If somehow parents weren't allowed to go on the rape trips, I'd be concerned.

:lol You're just full of Freudian slips tonight.

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 10:37 PM
:lol You're just full of Freudian slips tonight.What is the Freudian slip there, Derp?

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 10:40 PM
What is the Freudian slip there, Derp?

:lol #SpecialNeeds

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 10:44 PM
:lol #SpecialNeeds:lol You don't know what a Freudian slip is.

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 11:13 PM
:lol You don't know what a Freudian slip is.

Feel free to explain how I misused it, #SpecialNeeds.

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 11:15 PM
Feel free to explain how I misused it, #SpecialNeeds.Sure.

There wasn't a Freudian slip in that sentence. Therefore, you don't know what a Freudian slip is.

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 11:34 PM
Sure.

There wasn't a Freudian slip in that sentence. Therefore, you don't know what a Freudian slip is.

Vague explanations. Masking. Par.

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 11:36 PM
Vague explanations. Masking. Par.Now you don't know what "vague"means.

That's as straightforward as it gets. There was no slip. You were wrong.

Spurtacular
05-05-2018, 11:54 PM
Now you don't know what "vague"means.

That's as straightforward as it gets. There was no slip. You were wrong.

Oh, there was no slip; you're just coming straight out as a pedophile? Got it.

:lmao Self-inflicted L's.
:lmao L's in bulk.

Pavlov
05-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Oh, there was no slip; you're just coming straight out as a pedophile? Got it.

:lmao Self-inflicted L's.
:lmao L's in bulk.lol dude can't even recognize a joke.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 12:11 AM
lol dude can't even recognize a joke.

I accept your surrender.

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 12:17 AM
I accept your surrender.lol now you don't know what "surrender" means.

Is English not your first language?

Chucho
05-06-2018, 12:33 AM
I don't know what it is. Can you help me out?

#SpecialNeeds
:lol Today's Down's patients.

Thebesteva
05-06-2018, 12:41 AM
Official before and after Scouts BSA pic

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/F1grwELnV5Y/maxresdefault.jpg

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 12:43 AM
lol now you don't know what "surrender" means.

Is English not your first language?

I was gonna spare you; but since you don't know how to take L for an answer; remember the time you came out as a pedophile?

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 01:54 AM
I was gonna spare you; but since you don't know how to take L for an answer; remember the time you came out as a pedophile?Never did.

rmt
05-06-2018, 03:57 PM
You think the Scouts are now a rape factory. If somehow parents weren't allowed to go on the rape trips, I'd be concerned.

You think parents are allowed to go on all trips in Boys Scout? I can think of at least one trip where the parents weren't allowed on a GIRL scout trip (much less BOY).

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 04:32 PM
You think parents are allowed to go on all trips in Boys Scout?When I was in it, of course. Parents were the troop leaders.

I can think of at least one trip where the parents weren't allowed on a GIRL scout trip (much less BOY).I guess the girl scouts are just lesbian rape factories then.

Chris
05-06-2018, 04:35 PM
Parents always accompanied us on trips. All the leaders were dads or had kids in the troop. No weird shit. Good times :tu

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 04:35 PM
When...

You obviously have no adult experience working with parents, tbh.

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 04:41 PM
Parents always accompanied us on trips. All the leaders were dads or had kids in the troop. No weird shit. Good times :tuSee? You rape mongers have no idea what you're talking about.

If you're that terrified, don't send your kid. Easy.

You obviously have no adult experience working with parents, tbh.What is your experience with the rape factories?

Be honest.

Chris
05-06-2018, 04:45 PM
See? You rape mongers have no idea what you're talking about.

If you're that terrified, don't send your kid. Easy.

Don't mix adolescent boys with adolescent girls in the name of progressivism. Seems to me like the Left is the one rape mongering creating a toxic environment to begin with.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 04:45 PM
What is your experience with the rape factories?

Be honest.

To be clear, who or what are you calling rape factories?

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Don't mix adolescent boys with adolescent girls in the name of progressivism. Seems to me like the Left is the one rape mongering creating a toxic environment to begin with.:lmao the BSA is not a progressive entity. If you think the scouts are now toxic because girls are allowed, you've got some issues.

To be clear, who or what are you calling rape factories?Scout organizations. Places you think all the rapes are.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Scout organizations.

As an adult I have not operated in scouting in any capacity. But I do have knowledge of boy scouting to say that it is a good thing when properly executed.

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 04:57 PM
As an adult I have not operated in scouting in any capacity. But I do have knowledge of boy scouting to say that it is a good thing when properly executed.What is your experience with the rape factories?

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 05:01 PM
What is your experience with the rape factories?

What is your experience with rape factories?

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 05:10 PM
What is your experience with rape factories?So you had no experience with the scouts at all.

"Rape factories" is a joke you still haven't gotten.

Go back to the little table and let the adults talk.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 05:12 PM
So you had no experience with the scouts at all.

I'm sure I would've laughed my ass off.

What's your experience with rape factories?

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 05:13 PM
So you had no experience with the scouts at all.

:lmao I did get that one.

I gave you a serious answer; you gave me schtick.

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 05:13 PM
I'm sure I would've laughed my ass off.

What's your experience with rape factories?See? You still haven't gotten it.

You had no experience with the scouts whatsoever.

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 05:14 PM
:lmao I did get that one.

I gave you a serious answer; you gave me schtick.Do you really not know the "rape factory" joke?

Let me know. I'll help you understand it.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 05:17 PM
^^^

Still crying about your "joke". :lol

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 05:25 PM
^^^

Still crying about your "joke". :lolDid you get it the joke?

Yes or no.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 05:28 PM
Did you care about the joke?

Yes or no.

No.

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 05:46 PM
No.You didn't answer the question.

Did you get the joke?

Yes or no.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 05:54 PM
You didn't answer the question.

Did you get the joke?

Yes or no.

Sh** or get off the pot. Make whatever point you're wanting to make.

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Sh** or get off the pot. Make whatever point you're wanting to make.You have had no experience with the scouts.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 06:02 PM
You have had no experience with the scouts.

And you feel this is relevant how?

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 06:04 PM
And you feel this is relevant how?This thread is about the scouts.

In your rage, you forgot the actual topic of the thread.

lol

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 06:23 PM
This thread is about the scouts.

In your rage, you forgot the actual topic of the thread.

lol

That's not an adequate answer. Tell me how you feel that experience in the scouting ranks would make me suited or not suited to address the topic. Be specific.

Chris
05-06-2018, 06:24 PM
Yeah Pavlov quit grandstanding.

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 06:43 PM
That's not an adequate answer. Tell me how you feel that experience in the scouting ranks would make me suited or not suited to address the topic. Be specific.It would help.

Chris told us about his.

lol

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 06:47 PM
It would help.

Chris told us about his.

lol

You can make the claim but give no supporting details. Par.

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 07:31 PM
You can make the claim but give no supporting details. Par.Sure, you have no experience with the scouts. The detail to support this is you haven't supported your claim you have experience with the scouts.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 07:33 PM
Sure, you have no experience with the scouts. The detail to support this is you haven't supported your claim you have experience with the scouts.

I'm still waiting for you to give the reason for experience being so pivotal in being able to opine on this issue. You gonna do that, or are you gonna keep filibustering?

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 07:34 PM
I'm still waiting for you to give the reason for experience being so pivotal in being able to opine on this issue. You gonna do that, or are you gonna keep filibustering?I already said it would help.

You are free to have and express your ignorant, unfounded, stupid opinions here. I encourage it.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 07:37 PM
I already said it would help.

You are free to have and express your ignorant, unfounded, stupid opinions here. I encourage it.

How would it help? You seem unable to answer this.

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 08:04 PM
How would it help? You seem unable to answer this.Experience helps to form opinions.

Only a person with no experience would ask that tbh.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 08:05 PM
Experience helps to form opinions.

Only a person with no experience would ask that tbh.

I've never said experience could not aid someone. What I want to know is why do you think experience is what makes a person qualified vs. no experience makes someone unqualified to have an opinion on this.

Pavlov
05-06-2018, 08:08 PM
I've never said experience could not aid someone. What I want to know is why do you think experience is what makes a person qualified vs. no experience makes someone unqualified to have an opinion on this.I said it helps.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 08:20 PM
I said it helps.

So, you took a prosecutorial tone for hours on something that is obvious to anyone and on something that does nothing to further any sort of real argument. You should rethink your posting strategies.

rmt
05-07-2018, 05:03 AM
Parents who were leaders obviously went - not ALL parents were welcome on every camping trips (my mistake for not qualifying). Maybe your experience was with little kids - not teenagers.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-07-2018, 06:13 AM
So, you took a prosecutorial tone for hours on something that is obvious to anyone and on something that does nothing to further any sort of real argument. You should rethink your posting strategies.

You should work on your reading skills.

Blake
05-07-2018, 08:30 AM

Why should he when he's declaring so many victories here

Spurtacular
05-07-2018, 09:47 AM

You don't know what the fuck you're even talking about.

Spurtacular
05-07-2018, 09:48 AM
Why should he when he's declaring so many victories here

You're a true cuck. Most your posts are piggybacking chime-ins that have no bite.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-07-2018, 09:53 AM
You don't know what the fuck you're even talking about.

You had a reading fail. Own it, dim.

Spurtacular
05-07-2018, 10:02 AM
You had a reading fail. Own it, dim.

I did no such thing, you fucktard. Seriously, know what the fuck you're talking about next time.

Blake
05-07-2018, 10:18 AM
You're a true cuck. Most your posts are piggybacking chime-ins that have no bite.

None of your lame name calling posts have bite. Most of your arguments are retarded. I'm not wasting my time with you other than to lol.

Spurtacular
05-07-2018, 10:20 AM
None of your lame name calling posts have bite. Most of your arguments are retarded. I'm not wasting my time with you other than to lol.

I get that you live a life of denial. Somewhere down the road, something will happen and maybe something will click with you. Maybe, I'm being optimistic; more than likely you'll always be something of a dumbfuck.

Blake
05-07-2018, 10:32 AM
I get that you live a life of denial. Somewhere down the road, something will happen and maybe something will click with you. Maybe, I'm being optimistic; more than likely you'll always be something of a dumbfuck.

Burn

Spurtacular
05-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Burn

I wouldn't say that. Just an honest assessment.

Pavlov
05-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Parents who were leaders obviously went - not ALL parents were welcome on every camping trips (my mistake for not qualifying). Maybe your experience was with little kids - not teenagers.Nope. Teens.

Your rape factory narrative is pretty weak. There are co-ed overnighters for schools and churches all the time.

Even teens!

Blake
05-07-2018, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't say that. Just an honest assessment.

:lol you're an idiot.

Pavlov
05-07-2018, 10:59 AM
:lol you're an idiot.OOOOOOOOO SICK ASSESSMENT!

Blake
05-07-2018, 11:20 AM
OOOOOOOOO SICK ASSESSMENT!

just being honest and stuff

rmt
05-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Nope. Teens.

Your rape factory narrative is pretty weak. There are co-ed overnighters for schools and churches all the time.

Even teens!

LOL - I'm being informed on school and CHURCH overnighters - don't know what to say if you can't tell the difference between those and your daughter going off in the middle of nowhere learning wilderness skills with a bunch of boy scouts and male leaders.

Pavlov
05-07-2018, 05:34 PM
LOL - I'm being informed on school and CHURCH overnighters - don't know what to say if you can't tell the difference between those and your daughter going off in the middle of nowhere learning wilderness skills with a bunch of boy scouts and male leaders.LOL - Your rape factory fantasy is incredibly stupid. CHURCH groups also go camping in the middle of nowhere on overnight outings.

What is the difference?

Jesus?

Chris
05-07-2018, 05:57 PM
What is the difference?

Jesus?

Well, yeah. When did you start having feelings for girls Pavlov?

Pavlov
05-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Well, yeah.Why would Jesus make a difference, Chris?

Be specific.

When did you start having feelings for girls Pavlov?I was going to church and scouts regularly at the time. Neither had anything to do with it.

Blake
05-07-2018, 06:18 PM
LOL - I'm being informed on school and CHURCH overnighters - don't know what to say if you can't tell the difference between those and your daughter going off in the middle of nowhere learning wilderness skills with a bunch of boy scouts and male leaders.

https://nypost.com/2017/08/09/boy-scout-leader-accused-of-sexually-abusing-boy-hundreds-of-times/

Why aren't you concerned for the boys going out in the middle of nowhere with these adults?

Pavlov
05-07-2018, 06:20 PM
https://nypost.com/2017/08/09/boy-scout-leader-accused-of-sexually-abusing-boy-hundreds-of-times/

Why aren't you concerned for the boys going out in the middle of nowhere with these adults?Boys will be boy sexual assault victims....

Chris
05-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Why would Jesus make a difference, Chris?

Be specific.

I figured the differences between Christian Church Camp and the Boy Scouts were obvious even to a layman.

I was going to church and scouts regularly at the time. Neither had anything to do with it.

That's a cool story Pavlov. When did you start having feelings for girls?

Pavlov
05-07-2018, 06:30 PM
I figured the differences between Christian Church Camp and the Boy Scouts were obvious even to a layman.Why don't you explain the difference in regards to the overnight camping trips both organizations undertake?

I'm waiting.

That's a cool story Pavlov. When did you start having feelings for girls?Why do you ask?

Explain.

I'm waiting.

Chris
05-07-2018, 06:41 PM
Why don't you explain the difference in regards to the overnight camping trips both organizations undertake?

I'm waiting.

Maybe after you answer my question. I'll be waiting.

Why do you ask?

Explain.

I'm waiting.

Maybe after you answer my question. I'll be waiting

Pavlov
05-07-2018, 06:42 PM
Maybe after you answer my question. I'll be waiting.Already did.

Maybe after you answer my question. I'll be waitingAlready did.

I accept your white flag.

Avante
05-07-2018, 11:46 PM
Well hell, lets have women start playing actual baseball, forget softball.

And might as well have them compete with the males in track and tennis and basketball. No more men/women sports. How many women are making out USA teams in anything if they compete vs men?

Women vs men in MMA?

So there ya are you and the wife heading to the coast, damn....a flat tire. So there the guy stands as she changed the tire?

It's 3am she hears a bump in the night.....pssttt...hear that? Hubby....yeah, go check it out.

Pavlov
05-07-2018, 11:47 PM
Well hell, lets have women start playing actual baseball, forget softball.

And might as well have them compete with the males in track and tennis and basketball. No more men/women sports. How many women are making out USA teams in anything if they compete vs men?

Women vs men in MMA?Shut up, dumbass. Scouting isn't a sport.

Avante
05-07-2018, 11:51 PM
Any decent HS boys 4x1 team would destroy the fastest world class female 4x1 team.

Pavlov
05-07-2018, 11:52 PM
Any decent HS boys 4x1 team would destroy the fastest world class female 4x1 team.That has nothing to do with the scouts at all you idiot.

A high school girl could kick your ass running right now.

Chris
05-08-2018, 10:25 PM
Congrats Libtards

Pavlov
05-08-2018, 11:32 PM
Congrats Libtards

994027588606660608Girls can't be Mormons?

Weird. Guess they can't be trusted to run their own planets.

Spurtacular
05-09-2018, 12:31 AM
Congrats Libtards

Not that anyone probably cares about the details; but to clarify, Mormons can still join the scouts. They just will no longer institutionally be partnering with them. I heard a couple years back that they may be developing their own program(s), but I don't know where that ended up.

Chris
05-09-2018, 12:33 AM
Not that anyone probably cares about the details; but to clarify, Mormons can still join the scouts. They just will no longer institutionally be partnering with them. I heard a couple years back that they may be developing their own program(s), but I don't know where that ended up.

I know Mormons. They are kind of hive minded and they will disown the Scouts as soon as it catches wind.

Spurtacular
05-09-2018, 12:48 AM
I know Mormons. They are kind of hive minded and they will disown the Scouts as soon as it catches wind.

There's no doubt that this will hit the scouts hard. But if they're gonna screw with their best customer, then that's how it goes.

Chris
05-09-2018, 12:52 AM
There's no doubt that this will hit the scouts hard. But if they're gonna screw with their best customer, then that's how it goes.

I give this policy 5-10 years max before they go back to the traditional Boy Scouts, or a new organization takes advantage of the increase in demand and leapfrogs.

Pavlov
05-09-2018, 02:24 AM
I know Mormons. They are kind of hive mindedQuit insulting Spurtacular.

Chris
05-09-2018, 02:36 AM
Quit insulting Spurtacular.

Never said such.

Pavlov
05-09-2018, 02:48 AM
Never said such.You did. you just didn't know it.

Chris
05-09-2018, 02:57 AM
You did. you just didn't know it.

Was that a micro-aggression?

Pavlov
05-09-2018, 03:13 AM
Was that a micro-aggression?It was simple ignorance on your part.

Blake
05-09-2018, 08:08 AM
Congrats Libtards

Chris loves the Mormons apparently. They good now.

Chris
12-13-2018, 04:22 PM
https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1072984694436749313

spurraider21
12-13-2018, 04:28 PM
what do liberals have to do with this?

naturally you read the tweet but not the article

Chris
12-13-2018, 04:39 PM

Read the thread :tu

boutons_deux
12-13-2018, 04:43 PM

"The potential move coincides with

a decline in membership and

mounting legal fees connected to a series of lawsuits related to the organization’s management of sexual abuse allegations."

FrostKing
12-13-2018, 04:49 PM
Decline of a Nation

Spurminator
12-13-2018, 04:49 PM
#Pizzagate hivemind now against prosecuting organizations involved in covering up child sexual abuse.

Chucho
12-13-2018, 04:50 PM
#Pizzagate hivemind now against prosecuting organizations involved in covering up child sexual abuse.

:lol

Pavlov
12-13-2018, 04:52 PM
https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1072984694436749313For example, four men sued the Boy Scouts in July, accusing the group of not taking appropriate action to prevent an accused serial pedophile from leading a troop in the 1970s.

Not a good look, Chris.

Chris
12-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Decline of a Nation

Erode the family.

Single parent nightmares funded by welfare slave state.

They want complete chaos and indentured servants.

Chucho
12-13-2018, 04:56 PM
Erode the family.

So...sexually assualting youths helps achieve this how?

Spurminator
12-13-2018, 04:57 PM
Erode the family.

Better for the government to fund companies who cover up sexual abuse of children, in this loyal conservative's opinion.

spurraider21
12-13-2018, 05:05 PM
Read the thread :tu
this article has nothing to do with the thread :tu

this thread claimed liberals are ruining boy scouts. the article has nothing to do with liberals :tu

Chris
12-13-2018, 05:08 PM
this article has nothing to do with the thread :tu

this thread claimed liberals are ruining boy scouts. the article has nothing to do with liberals :tu

Well at least you tried :tu

spurraider21
12-13-2018, 05:10 PM
at least you tried pretending the article had anything to do with liberals, because twitter said so :lol

Winehole23
12-13-2018, 05:31 PM
at least you tried pretending the article had anything to do with liberals, because twitter said so :loltaking the side of the comments section against the the printed article, is optional.

Winehole23
12-13-2018, 05:32 PM
it's all on the same webpage, right?

Blake
12-13-2018, 05:43 PM
Erode the family.

Because boy scouts let a girl in

CosmicCowboy
12-13-2018, 05:51 PM
For example, four men sued the Boy Scouts in July, accusing the group of not taking appropriate action to prevent an accused serial pedophile from leading a troop in the 1970s.

Not a good look, Chris.

In 1970, how would the BSA find out the dude had been "accused" since there would only be a record with an arrest/conviction and it was all decentralized paper records.

Winehole23
12-13-2018, 05:51 PM
Because boy scouts let a girl inRUINED IT FOREVER

Pavlov
12-13-2018, 05:55 PM
In 1970, how would the BSA find out the dude had been "accused" since there would only be a record with an arrest/conviction and it was all decentralized paper records.Seems the BSA had been centralizing their own records for 50 years by then

According to the lawsuit, BSA secretly removed scoutmasters for sexually abusive behavior starting in the 1940s, with one scoutmaster being removed every three days during the 1970s, when the abuse alleged in the suit occurred. Beginning in 1919, the group allegedly maintained secret “red files” of men who were ineligible to volunteer due to their pedophilic behavior, giving the BSA information on how abuse occurred and that previously banned leaders were trying to re-enter troops in other locations.

At least 1,200 red files were created between 1965 and 1985 and at least 50 to 60 leaders were removed per year between 1920 and 1935 for abusive behavior. In Connecticut, at least 26 scoutmasters were placed in BSA’s perversion files between 1960 and 1985, including leaders under the two councils named in the troop, the suit said.

The suit alleges BSA knew scouting attracted child molesters and despite knowing about abusive leaders, did nothing to alter the program and warn families and scouts involved. It also claims BSA destroyed many of the ineligible volunteer files.

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/local/article/Boy-Scouts-sued-over-former-Stamford-scoutmaster-13097315.php

Winehole23
12-13-2018, 06:01 PM
In 1970, how would the BSA find out the dude had been "accused" since there would only be a record with an arrest/conviction and it was all decentralized paper records.Shot down with a swiftness. It's seldom safe to assume in an open forum.

benefactor
12-13-2018, 06:04 PM

at least you tried pretending the article had anything to do with liberals, because twitter said so :lol
:lol today's Chrisfaggot

boutons_deux
08-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Lawsuit alleges Boy Scouts failed to stop hundreds of sex abuse claims

Lawyers representing nearly 800 former Boy Scouts have filed a lawsuit alleging the youth organisation failed to prevent hundreds of sex abuse cases.

The lawsuit identifies 350 abusers who were not listed in Boy Scouts of America (BSA) files,

claiming the group was negligent in vetting volunteers.
The suit's plaintiff, only identified as SD, alleges a scout leader assaulted him "hundreds" of times in the 1970s.

The Scouts have apologised :lol and said reporting procedures have changed. :lol

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49253696 (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49253696)

Sound like Repug shitbag Gym Jordan would have been a great look-the-other-way Scout Troop Master, or maybe Catholic Bishop.

Thread
08-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Lawsuit alleges Boy Scouts failed to stop hundreds of sex abuse claims

Lawyers representing nearly 800 former Boy Scouts have filed a lawsuit alleging the youth organisation failed to prevent hundreds of sex abuse cases.

The lawsuit identifies 350 abusers who were not listed in Boy Scouts of America (BSA) files,

claiming the group was negligent in vetting volunteers.
The suit's plaintiff, only identified as SD, alleges a scout leader assaulted him "hundreds" of times in the 1970s.

The Scouts have apologised :lol and said reporting procedures have changed. :lol

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49253696 (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49253696)

Sound like Repug shitbag Gym Jordan would have been a great look-the-other-way Scout Troop Master, or maybe Catholic Bishop.

Balogna! They're looking for a check.

Chris
08-06-2019, 04:46 PM
Balogna! They're looking for a check.

Let us proceed...

Pavlov
08-06-2019, 04:49 PM
Let us proceed...Proceed where? The BSA admitted they didn't report enough sex offenses back then.

Your appetite for finding and punishing pedophiles has disappeared. What happened?