PDA

View Full Version : Quin Snyder, tbh..

spursistan
05-02-2018, 09:45 PM
I want this serial-killer-looking mofo as our next HC after Pop retires..

Best Coach in the Western Conference, and it is not even close..Dude is making "det core" a thing..

Come back home Quin :cry..

K...
05-02-2018, 09:47 PM
the gm too please.....

FkLA
05-02-2018, 09:51 PM
Mormon Spurs. For those that think the Spurs way is past it's expiration date. It's still by far the best blueprint for a small market. You aren't forming superteams in Salt Lake City or in San Antonio, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2018, 10:06 PM
Brad Stevens, Quin Snyder, Brett Brown, Mike Budenholzer....

Who's the 5th best coach in the league boys?

Robz4000
05-02-2018, 10:09 PM

Still think Rick Carlisle is Top 3, he just has no talent in Dallas outside Dennis Smith Jr.

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Still think Rick Carlisle is Top 3, he just has no talent in Dallas outside Dennis Smith Jr.
True that.

Cuban telling the players to purposely lose :lol

gambit1990
05-02-2018, 10:11 PM
i’d take him over anyone else coaching in the league.

ceds
05-02-2018, 10:20 PM
DURING A STOP through Los Angeles at the beginning of April, a reporter asked Popovich which organizations he admired when he first started coaching.

"Utah Jazz," Popovich said. "I thought from top to bottom, it was a classy organization. You never heard anything out of there. Nothing negative. Kept their business to themselves, they worked hard. No showy stuff. They just did their work and they went home."

This is what we have to look forward to at best if Kawhi leaves.

Fkn Utah :lol

we better damn well offer the supermax & cross our fingers / pray

SuperCam
05-02-2018, 10:23 PM
he will have det core beating spur like a drum for the foreseeable future tbqh

r0drig0lac
05-02-2018, 10:36 PM
- roster with a lot of versatile wings
- real defensive anchor
- rookie who looks like damn dwayne wade out there
- modern game system

Kawhitstorm
05-02-2018, 10:38 PM
Lindsey shitting on the Drunk too

Kawhitstorm
05-02-2018, 10:39 PM
he will have det core beating spur like a drum for the foreseeable future tbqh

Softridge beat Gobert like a drum

exstatic
05-02-2018, 11:08 PM
This is what we have to look forward to at best if Kawhi leaves.

Fkn Utah :lol

we better damn well offer the supermax & cross our fingers / pray

Do you have any other post other than this one? You seem to be endlessly cross posting it.

Mr. Body
05-02-2018, 11:22 PM
Mike D'Antoni is potentially screwed, running into a Spurs-descended org in the second round. Spurs know how to gameplay his unmodifiable style.

Down Under
05-02-2018, 11:23 PM
The line between motion offenses where everyone eats & having a superstar in that system not getting enough touches is pretty fine tbh. And if you don't have a superstar, outside of the 2014 Spurs, you're pretty limited with how far you can go. Warriors work so well because Curry is happy off the ball knowing he effects offenses 30 feet from the hoop where players are petrified of leaving him, creating so much space for everyone else, it's almost not fair.

TD 21
05-02-2018, 11:58 PM
He's as good as Stevens, just doesn't receive the same hype because it's Utah and they lack cache.

- roster with a lot of versatile wings
- real defensive anchor
- rookie who looks like damn dwayne wade out there
- modern game system

Well put together team. No defensive liabilities. Even though Burks is out of the rotation when Rubio is healthy, they have 5 rotation caliber players who can initiate the offense (Ingles, Mitchell, Exum). Even though all but Ingles are average - below average from 3, they all shoot them with enough volume to at least keep the defense somewhat honest.

People talk about small ball, but the opposite is happening on the wings (which now encompass 2-4). There's still room for one small guard in a rotation, but they better be able to do serious damage offensively.

ceds
05-03-2018, 12:42 AM
Do you have any other post other than this one? You seem to be endlessly cross posting it.

i cross posted it once in another thread that was 10 pages deep.....big fkn deal...Just calling it like it is.

The post kawhi (Utah formula)

- keep it as light skin as possible
- role player friendly
- veteran team
- As many internationals as possible
- stash euro's with draft picks
- system game style

Did i mention keep it as light skin as possible?

tbdog
05-03-2018, 12:57 AM
A well constructed team, young, versatile. But I don't imagine them in the playoffs if they lost Gobert for all but 9 games. Plus it took a rookie becoming a stud to get them here. People forgot that Gay and Patty were are second highest ppg players, avg around 11ppg off the bench. That's not getting it done. And how many here laughed at wanting Rubio?

Robz4000
05-03-2018, 01:02 AM
A well constructed team, young, versatile. But I don't imagine them in the playoffs if they lost Gobert for all but 9 games. Plus it took a rookie becoming a stud to get them here. People forgot that Gay and Patty were are second highest ppg players, avg around 11ppg off the bench. That's not getting it done. And how many here laughed at wanting Rubio?

They literally lost more games to injury than the Spurs and were closer the the bottom of the West than the eighth seed in December. From Jan 1st to the start of the postseason they had the best record in the NBA. Yes Mitchell becoming a star player quickly had something to do with it, but they have a lot of nice pieces and a great coach.

testies
05-03-2018, 02:28 AM
The Plumber can work as a coach. Unfortunately in game 5 Pop started making the calls from his phone

Bynumite
05-03-2018, 03:27 AM
:lol @ leaving the young, talented, up and coming Jazz to coach the old, washed up Spurs and deal with their senile front office handing out awful contracts like candy.

tbdog
05-03-2018, 04:43 AM
They literally lost more games to injury than the Spurs and were closer the the bottom of the West than the eighth seed in December. From Jan 1st to the start of the postseason they had the best record in the NBA. Yes Mitchell becoming a star player quickly had something to do with it, but they have a lot of nice pieces and a great coach.

They lose Gobert for 73 games, they don't make the playoffs, regardless if no one else did.

tholdren
05-03-2018, 05:59 AM
Lol st posters always late to the party. Iq in here is a notch above nill

Maddog
05-03-2018, 06:13 AM
Since 2010 Utah 6 lottery Picks
Spurs a 20 and the rest 28 to 30.
Since 2010 Spurs have been to 4 conference finals, 2 NBA finals and one title.
Jazz have missed the playoffs 5 times during this period.

pgardn
05-03-2018, 07:24 AM
Since 2010 Utah 6 lottery Picks
Spurs a 20 and the rest 28 to 30.
Since 2010 Spurs have been to 4 conference finals, 2 NBA finals and one title.
Jazz have missed the playoffs 5 times during this period.

Its all about the moment.

Stop with the long term facts.
The Great Floating Turd rolls in the bowl per game.
...yesterday’s results proves the future.

Seventyniner
05-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Snyder is the coach, not the GM. He doesn't get credit for having a well-built roster.

stnick2261
05-03-2018, 09:46 AM
I was hoping Snyder would stay in the Spurs organization. One thing I love about him when he was in Austin: He said he loved teaching the fundamentals to new players. That is something needed when rebuilding a roster.

Maddog
05-03-2018, 10:07 AM
Its all about the moment.

Stop with the long term facts.
The Great Floating Turd rolls in the bowl per game.
...yesterday’s results proves the future.

I apologize.
I forget facts have become passé
:lol

BatManu20
05-03-2018, 01:53 PM
1. Stevens
2. Carlisle
3. Quin
4. Pop
5. Spoelstra

That’s my Top-5 right now. I almost feel dirty not putting Pop in my top 3, considering we just had an almost 50-win season with the least-talented roster of any playoff team (except maaybe Miami), but his stubbornness and head-scratching lineup choices in critical moments put him at #4 on my list.

Brad Stevens is still number one for me. Best coach in the League imo and I think he will go down as an all-time great one before it’s all said and done. Carlisle is still a fantastic coach who just has literally no talent down in Dallas besides Dennis Smith Jr. And Quinn Snyder has been phenomenal all season long, but is really now just getting the credit he deserves. Spoelstra has been a really good coach the past 2 seasons since Lebron left and is making the most of that poorly constructed Miami Heat roster that also employs the team cancer that is Hassan Whiteside.

*Dwayne Casey will likely win COTY and deservedly so, as he’s a very good coach. But his lack of in-game adjustments, combined with the consistent choking of his teams, keeps him out of my top 5.

spursistan
05-03-2018, 03:39 PM
1. Stevens
2. Carlisle
3. Quin
4. Pop
5. Spoelstra

That’s my Top-5 right now. I almost feel dirty not putting Pop in my top 3, considering we just had an almost 50-win season with the least-talented roster of any playoff team (except maaybe Miami), but his stubbornness and head-scratching lineup choices in critical moments put him at #4 on my list.

Brad Stevens is still number one for me. Best coach in the League imo and I think he will go down as an all-time great one before it’s all said and done. Carlisle is still a fantastic coach who just has literally no talent down in Dallas besides Dennis Smith Jr. And Quinn Snyder has been phenomenal all season long, but is really now just getting the credit he deserves. Spoelstra has been a really good coach the past 2 seasons since Lebron left and is making the most of that poorly constructed Miami Heat roster that also employs the team cancer that is Hassan Whiteside.

*Dwayne Casey will likely win COTY and deservedly so, as he’s a very good coach. But his lack of in-game adjustments, combined with the consistent choking of his teams, keeps him out of my top 5.

I made a thread in the NBA Forum two weeks ago ranking top 10 coach..Have a look..I may need to bump him to second if they upset the Rockets or make it a 7-gamer..

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273349

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2018, 03:50 PM
Wherever Pop is on yalls lists... Doc, Scottie Brooks, and Billy Donovan have to be above him tbh.

spurraider21
05-03-2018, 04:02 PM
ugh, this this gonna be the new Rick Carlisle, guy that spurfan has homoerotic obsession with?

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2018, 09:02 PM
African American coaches:lmao

SuperCam
05-03-2018, 09:13 PM
African American coaches:lmao

Poop getting sonned by Avery Johnson, Lionel Hollins, and Doc Rivers :tu

Kawhitstorm
05-03-2018, 09:16 PM

Poop has a soft spot for the "Blacks" (C) POTUS

TnUOQpLyWLs

DMC
05-04-2018, 02:24 PM

Messina

DMC
05-04-2018, 02:30 PM

Doc and Lionel both have sons named Austin

Doc and Avery have both been tutored by Pop.

Lionel's 20/21 playoff record is stellar.

Budkin
05-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Right now his team is down 30 to the Rockets at home.