PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances we lose some assistant coaches?

davi78239
05-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Who has the best chance of being gone?

DaBears
05-04-2018, 10:55 AM
lose some get some back.. Bud on his way back to SA...

Proxy
05-04-2018, 02:30 PM
gonna lose someone, all 3 are interviewing

Dex
05-04-2018, 03:00 PM
Sounds like one of them will be going to Charlotte.

Joseph Kony
05-04-2018, 03:43 PM
Sounds like one of them will be going to Charlotte.
Good, hopefully they'll helps us get Kemba

baseline bum
05-04-2018, 03:47 PM
Good, hopefully they'll helps us get Kemba

Kemba seems like a worst case scenario for a Leonard trade, assuming Pop isn't just going to give him to LA2 for their overrated young crap.

AFBlue
05-04-2018, 08:47 PM
I think losing Messina is likely and losing Borrego is possible. The rest are just getting the interview practice. I don't know if Bud makes it through without another HC gig, but he's a lock to come back as head assistant if not.

NASpurs
05-04-2018, 09:19 PM

ducks
05-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Becky should be spurs head coach
She smarter then poop

Spurtacular
05-04-2018, 11:37 PM
I don't think the Spurs will "lose" on this one, tbh.

Mr. Body
05-04-2018, 11:49 PM
I say we lose two, maybe three.

Snaq O'Meal
05-04-2018, 11:59 PM
Becky should be spurs head coach
She smarter then poop

She also cares more about the game than Poop.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-05-2018, 12:05 AM
Please tell me Hammon leaves. I dont want some SJW CIA Pop bullshit when he leaves and he straps us with her by naming her head coach and then we all get made out to be woman haters when she flops and gets protected by the media. Hell fucking no. I dont even want her as an assistant because the thought of her leading our team scares the fucking shit out of me.

TheGreatYacht
05-05-2018, 12:30 AM
She's better than Poop these last 3 years. Let's be serious.... and he's getting worse.

ducks
05-05-2018, 09:31 AM
She had complete control Spurs would have won 8 more games atleast

jyra
05-05-2018, 09:51 AM
Monty Williams was also mentioned to get an interview with the Bucks. He was already rumored to be a strong candidate when Kidd was fired.

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2018, 11:23 AM
Would someone please trade Poop/Drunk for a bag of Doritos.......

ducks
05-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Would someone please trade Poop/Drunk for a bag of Doritos.......

Think trump should pick him for va head job

SAGirl
05-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Please tell me Hammon leaves. I dont want some SJW CIA Pop bullshit when he leaves and he straps us with her by naming her head coach and then we all get made out to be woman haters when she flops and gets protected by the media. Hell fucking no. I dont even want her as an assistant because the thought of her leading our team scares the fucking shit out of me.
what a mysoginist
:lol I hope you are a gay man at least

Spurs 4 The Win
05-08-2018, 12:10 PM
what a mysoginist
:lol I hope you are a gay man at least

What a dumbass retort. So you think a woman could effectively lead a team full of men? Give me a break. She wouldnt be respected. Bottom line.

SAGirl
05-08-2018, 12:11 PM
What a dumbass retort. So you think a woman could effectively lead a team full of men? Give me a break. She wouldnt be respected. Bottom line.
I think your view is the problem... you like putting low ceilings on people bc they have a vagina? :lmao

Spurs 4 The Win
05-08-2018, 12:17 PM
I think your view is the problem... you like putting low ceilings on people bc they have a vagina? :lmao

Answer the question, do you think a team full of grown men are going to be effectively led by a woman? I really dont think so. That is why women dont coach men in sports generally, they cant relate and motivate like they can with women. I am just being honest.

I get it SAGirl, you are a woman and you are very rah rah feminism (I can tell by your quick trigger on the mysoginist comment), but if you actually take a step back and think about it. Women coaching men as the head coach doesnt make a ton of sense. Just try to be objective and think about it logically.

loveforthegame
05-08-2018, 12:23 PM

SAGirl
05-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Answer the question, do you think a team full of grown men are going to be effectively led by a woman? I really dont think so. That is why women dont coach men in sports generally, they cant relate and motivate like they can with women. I am just being honest.

I get it SAGirl, you are a woman and you are very rah rah feminism (I can tell by your quick trigger on the mysoginist comment), but if you actually take a step back and think about it. Women coaching men as the head coach doesnt make a ton of sense. Just try to be objective and think about it logically.

Yes. She coached summer league just fine tbh. The only one who thinks it is not possible is the one who only sees a vagina and not a coach. She's got a good enough basketball mind and is personable. I see the players respect her and interact with her just fine. Obviously like any new coach who has only been an assistant before, it's kind of a gamble. But if she doesn't do well it's not bc she has a vagina. If one of the assistant coaches doesn't do well on their own it's not bc of penis.

exstatic
05-08-2018, 12:27 PM

Good for James. He acquitted himself well in his interim gig in Orlando, going 10-20 for a team that finished 25-57.

SAGirl
05-08-2018, 12:32 PM
good luck to him, Charlotte isn't in the best position to succeed with just roleplayer talent outside of Kemba... but glad for him and his success.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Yes. She coached summer league just fine tbh. The only one who thinks it is not possible is the one who only sees a vagina and not a coach. She's got a good enough basketball mind and is personable. I see the players respect her and interact with her just fine. Obviously like any new coach who has only been an assistant before, it's kind of a gamble. But if she doesn't do well it's not bc she has a vagina. If one of the assistant coaches doesn't do well on their own it's not bc of penis.

Thank you for the response, there was actually some substance and honesty to this, instead of just hurling insults and presumptions.

I worry about Hammon and women coaches not because of their vagina as you put it. But more to do with the ability to relate with, command respect from, and motivate men. That is a tough tough thing to do and it will only be harder for her.

Im sure Hammon will get tons of token interviews by other NBA teams in the future and not actually get the job. I just dont want our team to be the lab rats because I see her as a very risky proposition. Can you at least understand that?

Old School 44
05-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Why is it we rarely see Ime Udoka's name mentioned as a possible NBA head coaching candidate?

SAGirl
05-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Thank you for the response, there was actually some substance and honesty to this, instead of just hurling insults and presumptions.

I worry about Hammon and women coaches not because of their vagina as you put it. But more to do with the ability to relate with, command respect from, and motivate men. That is a tough tough thing to do and it will only be harder for her.

Im sure Hammon will get tons of token interviews by other NBA teams in the future and not actually get the job. I just dont want our team to be the lab rats because I see her as a very risky proposition. Can you at least understand that?
I don't think she's a token anything. She's smarter than many other assistant coaches and seems capable of putting players in positions to succeed. Once you see someone being capable of putting a team in great spots... respect is earned from there. Plenty of coaches in the NBA that don't seem able to even do that. Doesn't matter their gender they lose respect quickly... Seems like J.Kidd had no pattern to his rotations and was benching guys for seemingly no reason. I think Becky is a smart coach who will not do things for no reason. I hope for the best for her. Would love to see her succeed. If it's not in the Spurs so be it.. but I will be very glad for her.

NASpurs
05-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Blow it up Borrego and do us a solid by gifting us Kemba.

exstatic
05-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Why is it we rarely see Ime Udoka's name mentioned as a possible NBA head coaching candidate?

He's interviewed before, but nothing so far this off season that I've heard.

05-08-2018, 02:00 PM
he stinks