PDA

View Full Version : Netflix: Lost in Space

Blake
05-04-2018, 04:10 PM
Watched the first 2 episodes.

I was surprised by the special effects. Pretty impressive.

Storyline line is solid, intense moments are pretty good. Intrigue good, sort of a Lost feel. Dialogue kinda corny, overall acting pretty weak. If they were to bring in a bigger name actor than Parker Posey they might have something really really good.

7/10 so far

Chris
05-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Do they have a gay romance?

Blake
05-04-2018, 07:09 PM

Gay good now

DMC
05-04-2018, 11:42 PM

Of course. You have to have at least one of those now.

Chinook
05-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Thought it kind of sucked, to be honest. They tried to capture the feel of the old show, where there's never any real peril and the good guys always win. Outside of some kid shows, that doesn't really work in modern story-telling. It also doesn't help that they made this into a long narrative arc, whereas the idea would have fit better as an episodic series. Finally, some of the oversights in basic science were too egregious to ignore. I'm not a huge stickler for those sorts of things, but it was really bad here.

I watched the whole season, though, and I didn't hate it. The kid actor was pretty good, though his character sucks ass. Smith is a pretty good antagonist. The choice to make her more like Team Rocket and less like Frieza (to borrow from old anime references), fits the storyline better. The robot looked cool and was probably the best overall character.

Reck
05-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Thought it kind of sucked, to be honest. They tried to capture the feel of the old show, where there's never any real peril and the good guys always win. Outside of some kid shows, that doesn't really work in modern story-telling. It also doesn't help that they made this into a long narrative arc, whereas the idea would have fit better as an episodic series. Finally, some of the oversights in basic science were too egregious to ignore. I'm not a huge stickler for those sorts of things, but it was really bad here.

I watched the whole season, though, and I didn't hate it. The kid actor was pretty good, though his character sucks ass. Smith is a pretty good antagonist. The choice to make her more like Team Rocket and less like Frieza (to borrow from old anime references), fits the storyline better. The robot looked cool and was probably the best overall character.

I got the same vibe from reading the reviews for different sites. This show is not long for this world.

Netflix caught a taste of cancelling shows so I think this one will be the next to not be renew so why waste my time on it.

The Rain looks promising though. Watched the first episode and it's very intriguing.

Blake
05-07-2018, 08:26 AM
Good to know. I won't watch the rest of it then.

Too bad.

BWS-1994
05-07-2018, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the reviews. Will probably finish it just for closure.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2018, 06:25 AM
I had a hard time watching it. Not a very compelling show, tbh. Would not recommend.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Took me less than 10 minutes to punch out. Absolute garbage.

Blake
05-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Then you missed the robot killing spree. I was hoping that would at least lead to something cool.

Chris
05-09-2018, 01:58 PM
I had a hard time watching it. Not a very compelling show, tbh. Would not recommend.

Took me less than 10 minutes to punch out. Absolute garbage.

7/10 so far

LMAO

Blake
05-09-2018, 02:06 PM
LMAO

Poor Chris. Desperate for any way to concoct an lol.

Pavlov
05-09-2018, 02:12 PM
LMAO:lol monitoring threads about Netflix

Blake
05-09-2018, 02:15 PM
:lol monitoring threads about Netflix

Or threads started by me, tbh.

Either way lol poor Chris.