PDA

View Full Version : Baynes playing like prime Bogut under Stevens

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Poop meanwhile had LaMarcus lookin washed up when he forced him to play within the confines of his system thinking he can 4-down his way to championship.:lmao

sasaint
05-05-2018, 06:32 PM
And Ferrari with ice water in the veins for Philly.

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2018, 07:23 PM

Horford would be Taj Gibson status under Poop

spurraider21
05-05-2018, 08:13 PM
in no universe did LMA look washed up this year

and baynes left because the pistons gave him a bigger contract than we could afford with LMA coming in, not because pop cast him out

but you want attention, so i get it

tholdren
05-05-2018, 11:02 PM

33 percent for the night, correct?

Kawhitstorm
05-06-2018, 12:09 AM

Numbnut, i'm talking about before this season when Poop ADMITTED that he forced Aldridge to play his way instead of to his strength

baynes left because the pistons gave him a bigger contract than we could afford with LMA coming in, not because pop cast him out

Poop wasn't letting him shoot jumpers or expand his game.......same with Dedmon

Snaq O'Meal
05-06-2018, 01:04 AM
:pop: “Only ginger bigmen are allowed to shoot threes in my system.”

daslicer
05-06-2018, 01:07 AM
I will say this the Spurs do miss his toughness. I saw how he shoved Embiid today and was ready to fight him.

cd021
05-06-2018, 01:27 AM
Poop wasn't letting him shoot jumpers or expand his game.......same with Dedmon[/QUOTE]

Baynes took 47% of his shots from outside of the paint his second season, which is why he shot so poorly from the field (43.6 % for a big man) his third season, he shot much more at the rim and was effective there (hitting 63.5% within 3 feet) and as a result upped his FG% to 55.6 from the field.

He wasn't ready to be a stretch 5 with the Spurs tbh

As for Dedmon, RC mentioned that he was concerned about the team's lack of bigs who rolled to the rim, (during the 15-16 season, really Duncan was the only one who did consistently with LMA, Diaw, and West being more pop options) Dedmon and Lee were rim rollers while LMA and Gasol were pick and pop threats.

cd021
05-06-2018, 01:29 AM
Poop meanwhile had LaMarcus lookin washed up when he forced him to play within the confines of his system thinking he can 4-down his way to championship.:lmao

Hard to play 4 down when the Spurs have 3 perimeter rotation players who can't shoot 3's. Aldridge was fine but Spurs were a poor 3pt shooting team and that ultimately screwed this team, that and Kawhi

Kawhitstorm
05-06-2018, 01:55 AM
Hard to play 4 down when the Spurs have 3 perimeter rotation players who can't shoot 3's. Aldridge was fine but Spurs were a poor 3pt shooting team and that ultimately screwed this team, that and Kawhi

He was playing 4-down in '16 :wakeup

cd021
05-06-2018, 02:58 AM
He was playing 4-down in '16 :wakeup
Do you actually have stats that say Aldrige is worse when playing the 5 in small ball lineups?

gilmor
05-06-2018, 03:33 AM
Numbnut, i'm talking about before this season when Poop ADMITTED that he forced Aldridge to play his way instead of to his strength

Poop wasn't letting him shoot jumpers or expand his game.......same with Dedmon

You never follow the news and never know the truth. Baynes left because of a bigger contract.

Snaq O'Meal
05-06-2018, 05:13 AM
I will say this the Spurs do miss his toughness. I saw how he shoved Embiid today and was ready to fight him.

He did that with Jermaine O’Neal and was promptly confined to the doghouse. Poop would rather win with culture than toughness.

Play Boban
05-06-2018, 07:18 AM
Play Baynes tbh....... :wakeup

jeebus
05-06-2018, 07:51 AM
Good ol Baynes. I still remember a couple of fucking retards on here who preferred that pile of pig shit Errors over Baynes. Christ there are some dumb people on this forum

FireMicoHalili
05-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Do you actually have stats that say Aldrige is worse when playing the 5 in small ball lineups?
Don’t bother asking these guys for proof mate. They watch a couple games and make conclusions from small sample sizes. They shut the hell up and look for smaller fish to fry with ignorance. Idiocy is the general rule here :lol

cd021
05-06-2018, 10:57 AM
I really think people misremember Baynes time with the Spurs, he was the last man on the roster and only played 16 games during his rookie season and then got outplayed by Jeff Ayres his second season-who was probably the worst backup big of the Pop era until Joff.

During Baynes 3rd and final season, he played much better. He stopped taking all those midranger's that he could never seem to hit (20% of his shots were from outside the paint and only shot 29.6% on those shots ) and instead took the majority of his shots within 3 feet of the basket and ended up shooting 12% better from the field as a result.

The Spurs couldn't retain him because of LMA but he developed into a pretty solid NBA player.

sasaint
05-06-2018, 03:17 PM
33 percent for the night, correct?

I only saw the last few minutes of regulation and OT. The Sixers lost in spite of Ferrari not because of him.

J_Paco
05-06-2018, 04:07 PM

and baynes left because the pistons gave him a bigger contract than we could afford with LMA coming in, not because pop cast him out

but you want attention, so i get it

Hey, don't let facts and the truth get in the way of the "hate" for Gregg Popovich.

daslicer
05-06-2018, 04:11 PM
Hey, don't let facts and the truth get in the way of the "hate" for Gregg Popovich.

I just laugh at most of these fans who are straight up bitter can't enjoy the playoffs without thinking about the Spurs. It seems like some poster finds some random way to bring up the spurs whether its sixers vs celtics game or something else. I just find it funny how most of these guys are still miserable despite the Spurs not being in the playoffs.

J_Paco
05-06-2018, 04:15 PM
I just laugh at most of these fans who are straight up bitter can't enjoy the playoffs without thinking about the Spurs. It seems like some poster finds some random way to bring up the spurs whether its sixers vs celtics game or something else. I just find it funny how most of these guys are still miserable despite the Spurs not being in the playoffs.

Yeah, just enjoy watching the games and hope the Spurs comeback stronger/better next year. All this whining about Pop, Kawhi, R.C., etc. is completely unnecessary.

Kawhitstorm
05-06-2018, 04:19 PM
You never follow the news and never know the truth. Baynes left because of a bigger contract.

Dumbass, I'm talking about when he was ACTUALLY on the squad....remember when Shitter was injured & the team need a center that wouldn't clog the paint:wakeup

J_Paco
05-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Dumbass, I'm talking about when he was ACTUALLY on the squad....remember when Shitter was injured & the team need a center that wouldn't clog the paint:wakeup

Two posters put up stats from his time in SA and he was far from a competent outside shooter. No, but we can keep going with your false narrative that Pop "held" Bayne's back.

:lol:lol:lol

Kawhitstorm
05-06-2018, 04:33 PM

4-Down isn't playing the 5 dumbass, Tim was playing alongside Robinson/Rasho when that play was being milked.

Kawhitstorm
05-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Two posters put up stats from his time in SA and he was far from a competent outside shooter. No, but we can keep going with your false narrative that Pop "held" Bayne's back.

:lol:lol:lol

Yeah, Poop wouldn't have benched him if he shot the same shot he made in practice the same way he benches Danny. I've seen Baynes draining 3s during shoot-around with my own eyes:wakeup