PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Warriors report to NBA on Rondo's 'dangerous play' swiping at Curry's ankle

daslicer
05-06-2018, 01:19 AM
NEW ORLEANS -- The Warriors, from ownership all the way down to interns, tend to be protective of Stephen Curry. Understanding his value to the team and the franchise, they tend to take action when someone goes after him.

Such as what happened Friday night, when Pelicans guard Rajon Rondo made an attempt to injure Curry on a play less than three minutes into the first quarter.

Less than three minutes into Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals, Curry went up for a jump shot that missed. Trailing the play after being screened by JaVale McGee, Rondo came up behind Curry and used his right foot to swipe at his left ankle as he came down after the shot.

"It's just a dangerous play," Warriors coach Steve Kerr said Saturday after practice. "It's a dangerous play."

After viewing video of the play, the Warriors were bothered enough to report it the NBA discipline chief Kiki Vandeweghe, who was at Smoothie King Center for Game 3. Not that they expect Rondo to face any actual discipline from the league.

"We'll probably send it in and... it's not going to do anything," Kerr said, "but hopefully they just keep an eye out for it."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/warriors-report-nba-rondos-dangerous-232420673.html

Kawhitstorm
05-06-2018, 02:12 AM
I hope he kicks him in his vagina next game...

AlexJones
05-06-2018, 07:22 AM
Did he quit on the Spurs though?

lefty
05-06-2018, 10:39 AM
I like Rondo now

Pelicans78
05-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Funny how Kerr didn't mention how Draymond put Davis in a figure four leg lock in game 2 and how Curry blatantly tripped AD in the same game. Not to mention the ridiculously FT advantage for the Warriors.

LkrFan
05-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Did he quit on the Spurs though?

:lol

Raven
05-06-2018, 12:50 PM
the nerve...

Clipper Nation
05-06-2018, 01:00 PM
:lol Let's review. The Warriors tampered with Iguodala and Durbeta. They've spent years fielding some of the dirtiest players (Bogut, Draymond, Zaza) and biggest floppers (Steph, Draymond) in the league. They get every call and every no-call. And they're STILL whining about the officiating? Embarrassing.

Trainwreck2100
05-06-2018, 01:11 PM
:lol Let's review. The Warriors tampered with Iguodala and Durbeta. They've spent years fielding some of the dirtiest players (Bogut, Draymond, Zaza) and biggest floppers (Steph, Draymond) in the league. They get every call and every no-call. And they're STILL whining about the officiating? Embarrassing.
this is where the "their team wouldn't have worked 20 years ago" argument holds valid. 20 years ago the other players would have gone out of their way to put them on their ass for the shit they pull. The fact that nobody has yet, is just sad.

daslicer
05-06-2018, 01:23 PM
this is where the "their team wouldn't have worked 20 years ago" argument holds valid. 20 years ago the other players would have gone out of their way to put them on their ass for the shit they pull. The fact that nobody has yet, is just sad.

I agree. To me they are bunch of dogs who are all bark and no bite. They can diss it out but can't take it. This is evident by how Rondo the smallest guy on the court is punking them.

phxspurfan
05-06-2018, 02:31 PM
:cry we can't win without our full compliment of 4 all nba players :cry

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 02:54 PM

That's patented playbook of scoundrels. Multiple times I've seen Hillary give speeches on the foul play of her enemy for 10-20 minutes; and she is literally naming the bad things she's done in every instance.

Stabula
05-06-2018, 04:41 PM

Capt Bringdown
05-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Green hit Ladyboy Davis in the face - no call, nor did his teammates retaliate, nor did the TV guys follow up on it.
Imagine if it were the other way around, feck, there'd be a congressional investigation.

LOL, today's NBA

DMC
05-06-2018, 05:37 PM
The whining here is deafening.

Spurs couldn't field a decent team in the playoffs because their all star had a sore pussy and was too mentally incapacitated and led around by the nose to even travel with the team.

Shame

SpurOutofTownFan
05-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Where was stupid Kerr when Zaza injured Kawhi? Oh yes.. he was out in the hospital..

Double-Up
05-06-2018, 06:16 PM
That's patented playbook of scoundrels. Multiple times I've seen Hillary give speeches on the foul play of her enemy for 10-20 minutes; and she is literally naming the bad things she's done in every instance.

Nigga are we talking bball or politics? Take that shit somewhere else.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Nigga are we talking bball or politics? Take that shit somewhere else.

I ain't avoiding a political analogy just cos some nancy boy like you is gonna get triggered.

LkrFan
05-06-2018, 06:27 PM

Are you describing the OKC Thunderefs? Not worried here :lol

LkrFan
05-06-2018, 06:30 PM
:cry

SMH

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 06:31 PM
SMH

No need to passive-aggressively come at me, faggot. :lol

Double-Up
05-06-2018, 06:45 PM
I ain't avoiding a political analogy just cos some nancy boy like you is gonna get triggered.

Don't give a fuck either way.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 06:50 PM
Don't give a fuck either way.

Well, it's good to hear that the tears are out of your system.

LkrFan
05-06-2018, 06:51 PM
No need to passive-aggressively come at me, faggot. :lol

Double-Up
05-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Well, it's good to hear that the tears are out of your system.

Get Kawhi resigned and maybe my tears will reside. :lol

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 06:56 PM
Get Kawhi resigned and maybe my tears will reside. :lol

If only.

daslicer
05-06-2018, 07:01 PM
Green hit Ladyboy Davis in the face - no call, nor did his teammates retaliate, nor did the TV guys follow up on it.
Imagine if it were the other way around, feck, there'd be a congressional investigation.

LOL, today's NBA

Agreed and one of the reasons I'm glad I haven't watched the Warriors after the first round. My blood pressure rises when Draymond cheapshots somebody and nobody retaliates.

Thebesteva
05-06-2018, 11:35 PM

I like Rondo now

Funny how Kerr didn't mention how Draymond put Davis in a figure four leg lock in game 2 and how Curry blatantly tripped AD in the same game. Not to mention the ridiculously FT advantage for the Warriors.

:cry we can't win without our full compliment of 4 all nba players :cry

Agreed and one of the reasons I'm glad I haven't watched the Warriors after the first round. My blood pressure rises when Draymond cheapshots somebody and nobody retaliates.

https://media.giphy.com/media/6L015gMEW3pFC/giphy.gif

DeRozan m8
05-07-2018, 06:30 AM
Double standards.

Karma is a bitch

LkrFan
05-07-2018, 12:14 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/6L015gMEW3pFC/giphy.gif