PDA

View Full Version : OT: Philly Getting Swept Is The Best Thing That Could Happen For The Franchise

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 03:01 PM
Philly already (conservatively) in the top five of options for LBJ from what I've read and deduced. Lebron going to a (stacked) team that got swept by Boston scrubs is a narrative that serves his interest. He'd just have to send for Korver.

daslicer
05-06-2018, 03:10 PM
I think it's much easier for Lebron now to join up with Philly. If they had won this series and had gone to the Finals than he would have been painted in the same light as Durant.

HarlemHeat37
05-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Hopefully he goes there, but has Simmons traded first like he did with Wiggins..

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 04:20 PM
Hopefully he goes there, but has Simmons traded first like he did with Wiggins..

He could be traded after, tbh. Sure, Philly could theoretically get more if he was traded first; but that'd be risky. Also, they could keep Simmons the first year and see if he could learn to play off the ball more. But then they'd have a problem similar to the Spurs with Murray not being able to hit open threes ('cept in the corners sometimes) when the defense converges.

DMC
05-06-2018, 05:40 PM
If they traded Simmons it would have to be for some 3pt shooting or Kawhi Leonard.

Clipper Nation
05-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Philly is not trading Simmons anytime soon. Let's be real now.

With that said, I'm actually more confident in Giannis developing a jump shot than Simmons. I'm not saying he will, I'm just saying I like his chances more. Simmons is incredibly arrogant. I'm not sure he has the humility to admit that there's a flaw in his game and put in the work to fix it. He also avoids taking jump shots as much as possible. For instance, he's attempted 12 threes all season. Twelve! How is he ever going to improve without even trying to shoot them in real games when he's left wide open?

Without a jump shot, he'll still be a good player, but he'll never be the generational talent he's hyped up to be, and he'll always look like trash against elite playoff defenses.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Philly is not trading Simmons anytime soon. Let's be real now.

With that said, I'm actually more confident in Giannis developing a jump shot than Simmons. I'm not saying he will, I'm just saying I like his chances more. Simmons is incredibly arrogant. I'm not sure he has the humility to admit that there's a flaw in his game and put in the work to fix it. He also avoids taking jump shots as much as possible. For instance, he's attempted 12 threes all season. Twelve! How is he ever going to improve without even trying to shoot them in real games when he's left wide open?

Without a jump shot, he'll still be a good player, but he'll never be the generational talent he's hyped up to be, and he'll always look like trash against elite playoff defenses.

Magic never developed that great jump shot. But then again, he played with the best offensive center ever and was able to ride his coat tails.

lefty
05-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Magic was still a better shooter than Simmons as a rookie.
At least from the FT line.

Clipper Nation
05-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Magic never developed that great jump shot. But then again, he played with the best offensive center ever and was able to ride his coat tails.
Magic was a product of a different era. In today's NBA, you need a jump shot or else teams will just do this when it matters:

https://i.imgur.com/pCnwGMK.jpg

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Magic was a product of a different era. In today's NBA, you need a jump shot or else teams will just do this when it matters:

Not to shit on your point, that is technically illegal defense for the guy guarding Simmons to be below the foul shot line.

Clipper Nation
05-06-2018, 06:33 PM
Not to shit on your point, that is technically illegal defense for the guy guarding Simmons to be below the foul shot line.
Fact remains that well-coached defenses are going to sag way off of Simmons until he develops a jump shot. He doesn't have to be Curry, but he needs to at least knock down enough jump shots to keep defenses honest.

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Fact remains that well-coached defenses are going to sag way off of Simmons until he develops a jump shot. He doesn't have to be Curry, but he needs to at least knock down enough jump shots to keep defenses honest.

Okay, but in theory Lebron could adapt his game to Simmons's game. Could you imagine all the times Simmons could hook Bron up / drive for easy hoops (like Kyrie did to give Lebron breaks)? But that would require him to not constantly have the ball. Most think Bron wouldn't adapt; so I can see why Simmons would need to be traded.

ElNono
05-06-2018, 06:38 PM

Looks like :lol Today's Parker :lol

Clipper Nation
05-06-2018, 06:39 PM
Okay, but in theory Lebron could adapt his game to Simmons's game. Could you imagine all the times Simmons could hook Bron up / drive for easy hoops (like Kyrie did to give Lebron breaks)? But that would require him to not constantly have the ball. Most think Bron wouldn't adapt; so I can see why Simmons would need to be traded.
I'm not saying Simmons needs to be traded. And yes, if LeGOAT signs with Philly, he'll make Simmons look better. I'm just saying, Simmons is being hyped up as a generational talent right now, but he needs a half-decent jump shot to actually reach that level. Without one, it's too easy for coaches like Stevens to scheme him out of games.

Caltex2
05-06-2018, 10:14 PM
I'd rather win the NBA title than get swept. If the Sixers had no shot at the Finals, this logic would work but they could have. There's no guarantee LeBron comes that way, Philly is not sexy.

DAF86
05-06-2018, 10:17 PM

Kawhi for Simmons trade not that funny now, huh?

Spurtacular
05-06-2018, 10:52 PM
I'd rather win the NBA title than get swept. If the Sixers had no shot at the Finals, this logic would work but they could have. There's no guarantee LeBron comes that way, Philly is not sexy.

Philly can't beat Boston Scrubs; they couldn't handle the business against whomever in the West.

Caltex2
05-06-2018, 10:56 PM
We know that now but I still would never want to get swept.

Darth_Pelican
05-07-2018, 09:48 AM
If there's ever a chance for a team to come back from a 3-0 deficit to win a series, this is it. I'm not saying that it's gonna happen, but Philly could win 4 in a row against this Celtics team. Brad Stevens would probably never let it happen though.

spurraider21
05-07-2018, 01:25 PM
If there's ever a chance for a team to come back from a 3-0 deficit to win a series, this is it. I'm not saying that it's gonna happen, but Philly could win 4 in a row against this Celtics team. Brad Stevens would probably never let it happen though.
that's the most comfortable fence i've ever seen tbh

got a seat cushion and everything

D-Wade
05-07-2018, 01:36 PM

hi max kellerman