PDA

View Full Version : New Rudy Gay article

tenbeersbold
05-07-2018, 11:09 AM
https://hoopshype.com/2018/05/07/rudy-gay-on-the-spurs-culture-kawhi-leonard-drama-learning-from-gregg-popovich-and-more/

sammy
05-07-2018, 11:18 AM
I hope he comes back to the Spurs!

DPG21920
05-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Not sure if Rudy comes back or not (first have to see if he declines his PO) but regardless he did well. He worked hard, is well spoken and I cant see why anyone would have issues with Rudy.

It might be worth another couple years for both parties and I would probably be ok with that, but even if he leaves it was a good year for him.

Phenomanul
05-07-2018, 12:58 PM
If he works on his corner three this summer (so that he is better than 40% from the corners) THEN he will become invaluable to the Spurs' system.

His handles also became rusty with his injury (higher per36 TOV rate than all but his rookie year); so if he works on that as well, Pop will be willing to trust him as a ball handler / offense initiator.

John B
05-07-2018, 02:01 PM
A lineup of Murray (if he developed his outside shooting, finishing, etc /Green if he opts in or renegotiated back / Kawhi back with the Spurs in MVP form / Gay extended contract/ LMA continues to be dominant, is a formidable lineup that can compete with the best. Again, a lot of ifs. I hope they all be back with the Spurs and so we can see what that group can really do. :flag:

Stabula
05-07-2018, 02:12 PM
A lineup of Murray (if he developed his outside shooting, finishing, etc /Green if he opts in or renegotiated back / Kawhi back with the Spurs in MVP form / Gay extended contract/ LMA continues to be dominant, is a formidable lineup that can compete with the best. Again, a lot of ifs. I hope they all be back with the Spurs and so we can see what that group can really do. :flag:

Danny Green has to go. Guy has nothing left in the tank

wildbill2u
05-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Gay tends to be a black hole with the ball because he is a shootfirst mentality. And he isn't the best defender because he gets called out all the time for forgetting his assignments. But you take what you can get sometimes because no one is perfect. On the whole I'd say Patfo was more right than wrong by taking a chance with him after his injury.

KimmyGib
05-07-2018, 03:22 PM

Is this a post from late 2017? Sorry, John, but this lineup just wasn't meant to be. Kawhi is history. DG is history whether he stays or goes. Murray is headed back to the bench. Rudy learned he doesn't like being over-coached, and is likely on his way out.

LMA will stay and continue to be dominant, so at least there's that.

alpha_HaZE
05-07-2018, 07:53 PM

Unlike others, I agree! Look for Gay to improve in his second year with the Spurs. DG has had on and off shooting years since LA joined the team. He does better when we move the ball, also not having both DJ and Kyle on the floor at the same time should help.

If DJ develops a 3 point shot, we will be tough to beat.

tholdren
05-07-2018, 11:14 PM
He played like a poor mans ginobili. Dont care if he comes back

Stabula
05-07-2018, 11:44 PM
Resign him if cheap, if not don't. The end.

TheDoctor
05-08-2018, 06:31 AM
Resign him if cheap, if not don't. The end.
“Well.....Bye.gif”

SAGirl
05-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Is this a post from late 2017? Sorry, John, but this lineup just wasn't meant to be. Kawhi is history. DG is history whether he stays or goes. Murray is headed back to the bench. Rudy learned he doesn't like being over-coached, and is likely on his way out.

LMA will stay and continue to be dominant, so at least there's that.
This sounds like my cynical POV right now.

SAGirl
05-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Seems like for Rudy it's going to be a business decision. He mentioned that opting out is going to be a decision he makes with his team and his advisors/his agent, etc... so I don't think he's made up his mind. He might even wait a little bit to see which way the Kiwi situation is heading, which would be prudent.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-08-2018, 06:48 PM
I would like to see him back. I don't think we ever saw him at 100%, even in the playoffs. He played more minutes in those games, but his production drastically fell of as the game progressed because he never really got back into full game shape. I think he's capable of more.

koriwhat
05-09-2018, 11:03 AM
Danny Green has to go. Guy has nothing left in the tank

i agree. it's been yrs now and we've all been holding out hope that green would be back to 2014 form. dude flat out fell off a cliff.