PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol wants Pop?

SpurPadre
05-08-2018, 01:10 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/david-fizdale-reportedly-marc-gasol-185206700.html

If only we had THIS Gasol instead, tbh.

baseline bum
05-08-2018, 01:26 AM
God no, not another past his prime big whose career is going into a massive downswing. I remember when people used to kill Olowokandi for being a big shooting 43%. This washed up pos Gasol shoots 42%.

Robz4000
05-08-2018, 01:34 AM
God no, not another past his prime big whose career is going into a massive downswing. I remember when people used to kill Olowokandi for being a big shooting 43%. This washed up pos Gasol shoots 42%.

If his brother took a paycut or was jettisoned I'd be fine with it. Marc Gasol and LMA would make a pretty interesting tandem, especially if Kawhi is kept. Granted, I wouldn't want Marc ar his current salary.

Uriel
05-08-2018, 01:41 AM
I don't care how washed up people think Marc is. If Pau magically transformed into Marc and Kawhi re-signed, we'd be championship contenders for years to come, tbh.

AFBlue
05-08-2018, 05:23 AM
Context matters. He never said he wanted Pop. He was calling out Fisdale, and Fisdale is the one who made the Pop reference.

Raven
05-08-2018, 06:00 AM
it would have to be for a manu ginobili type contract

MaNu4Tres
05-08-2018, 06:05 AM
Context matters. He never said he wanted Pop. He was calling out Fisdale, and Fisdale is the one who made the Pop reference.

Comprehension is tough for some.

FkLA
05-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Jizzdale is such a faggot. Lol at him bragging about the two championships in Miami as an assistant, as if his contributions to them were meaningful. Lettuce be cereal, the only reason he was "tight" with Wade and LBJ is because he's black.

bklynspursfan
05-08-2018, 09:22 AM

exactly

SpursDynasty85
05-08-2018, 09:59 AM
exactly

But it's very likely Gasol regards Pop. Pau is here I'm sure because of Pop and Spurs have always had good things to say about the Grizzlies and their style of play which is what the article was pointing at. Gasol resents Fizdale for trying to change the way the team was. I have this pipe dream that the Grizzlies will rebuild by trading Gasol brothers again... that would be epic.

daslicer
05-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Jizzdale is such a faggot. Lol at him bragging about the two championships in Miami as an assistant, as if his contributions to them were meaningful. Lettuce be cereal, the only reason he was "tight" with Wade and LBJ is because he's black.

Agreed. It's also the only reason Lebron speaks out for him considering he usually gets crappy coaches fired ala Blatt.

DaBears
05-08-2018, 11:37 AM

Your career can easily go downhill from a production standpoint, when you dont want to play anymore for someone. Just ask LMA...

bklynspursfan
05-08-2018, 11:46 AM
But it's very likely Gasol regards Pop. Pau is here I'm sure because of Pop and Spurs have always had good things to say about the Grizzlies and their style of play which is what the article was pointing at. Gasol resents Fizdale for trying to change the way the team was. I have this pipe dream that the Grizzlies will rebuild by trading Gasol brothers again... that would be epic.

I remember him saying he felt Pau should sign with us, but if he felt that strongly, he was a free agent not too long ago.

exstatic
05-08-2018, 12:12 PM
I remember him saying he felt Pau should sign with us, but if he felt that strongly, he was a free agent not too long ago.

He was in line for a huge payday. Pau, not so much. That's the difference. This is Marc's last big contract.

Spur|n|Austin
05-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Fizdale will fit right into the Knicks environment perfectly, what a schmuck. Take that for data!

SpurPadre
05-08-2018, 12:18 PM

Like for you, for instance. There's a question mark at the end of the subject line. I know Marc didn't say he wanted Pop but there's been a mutual respect for years and Fizdale is aware of it. My point was that we'd be in better situation if we had him instead of Pau.

bklynspursfan
05-08-2018, 01:49 PM
He was in line for a huge payday. Pau, not so much. That's the difference. This is Marc's last big contract.

True

daslicer
05-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Fizdale will fit right into the Knicks environment perfectly, what a schmuck. Take that for data!

That rant made him famous and was the reason why he was able to get the Knicks job. He did what any typical coach does when their team is down to the Spurs in a series which is bitch about the refs in hopes of getting special treatment for the rest of the series in which he did receive.

DMC
05-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Memphis overpaid their shitty team. Let them fester in it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Marc for Pau, straight up trade. Make it happen Pop!

SPURt
05-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Marc Gasol “wants” Pop? I guess with Pop’s wife out of the way he has a chance.

FireMicoHalili
05-08-2018, 09:19 PM
^ this, lol. You’ll see a handful of posters saying they don’t want him. Bunch of cookie cutter Spurstalk idiots.

tholdren
05-08-2018, 10:41 PM

Hes only as stupid as the teams that hire him. Lol at nba coaches

alpha_HaZE
05-09-2018, 12:21 AM
Wouldn't be nice if we traded Pau for Marc?

james evans
05-09-2018, 10:20 AM
great. Exactly what we need. Another washed up, past his prime former all star. Go for it Bufford. Get him and Wade in the off season.

james evans
05-09-2018, 10:23 AM
Agreed. It's also the only reason Lebron speaks out for him considering he usually gets crappy coaches fired ala Blatt.
white folks do it all the time. I don't see a problem with it.

Spur|n|Austin
05-09-2018, 10:48 AM
That rant made him famous and was the reason why he was able to get the Knicks job. He did what any typical coach does when their team is down to the Spurs in a series which is bitch about the refs in hopes of getting special treatment for the rest of the series in which he did receive.

I'll never forget the George Karl press conferences during the 2005 playoffs against the Spurs. :lol he was a broken down man, Manu should tattoo Karl's face on his ass.

daslicer
05-09-2018, 11:40 AM
I'll never forget the George Karl press conferences during the 2005 playoffs against the Spurs. :lol he was a broken down man, Manu should tattoo Karl's face on his ass.

I remember it too well because it was unforgettable how Karl would rant about how he couldn't stand Manu's flopping. I laughed when he said that Manu grows his hair long on purpose to get calls from the refs.

Joseph Kony
05-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Gasol has game but his passion and work ethic are questionable tbh...we played the grizzlies enough over the last decade for me to see plenty of times he just doesnt seem to be putting in much effort and going through the motions on the court. other times he looks like a top 5 big. he's also getting up there in years. what is he like 34 now? kinda old and expensive tbh. i would swap Marc and Pau straight up but other than that, pass