PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing about Kawhi Situation

alpha_HaZE
05-08-2018, 08:00 PM
Is that if he gets traded; then all of Tony, Danny, Rudy, Kyle, will get more money from the Spurs. That's simply because there will be more money to go around and the Spurs would like to retain their core from last year, and possibly add another Rudy/West type of contract + multiple draft picks.

RD2191
05-08-2018, 08:08 PM
That's not funny

200 miles
05-08-2018, 08:38 PM
That's not funny

Indeed it's not, in fact, that's horrible.

alpha_HaZE
05-09-2018, 01:01 AM
The funny thing is that Rudy, for example, seems OK with taking less money for a chance to compete, Dany too, Manu did it. So it appears that Kawhi feels the same way. He appears to be willing to take less money for a chance to comptete. Remember, that what those close to him have always said. Kawhi wants to win more than anything else. Sixers are not a bad destination for him. Jalen Rose has always said the next super team will be where Kawhi is. He also predicted LA to the Spurs long before anyone else.

There is a scenario that Kawhi, Rudy, and Danny end up with the Sixers :)

DeRozan m8
05-09-2018, 02:49 AM
Fuck fathead and fuck danny....i never want to be forced to cheer for them again, let alone overpay them.....but we all know this will happen....patfo are THAT fucked now

james evans
05-09-2018, 10:25 AM
The funny thing is that Rudy, for example, seems OK with taking less money for a chance to compete, Dany too, Manu did it. So it appears that Kawhi feels the same way. He appears to be willing to take less money for a chance to comptete. Remember, that what those close to him have always said. Kawhi wants to win more than anything else. Sixers are not a bad destination for him. Jalen Rose has always said the next super team will be where Kawhi is. He also predicted LA to the Spurs long before anyone else.

There is a scenario that Kawhi, Rudy, and Danny end up with the Sixers :)
That "taking less money to compete" shit is idiots. I'd play the rest of my career with the clippers if they offered the most money. Damn that discount shit. If your job today told you, "you're the best worker we have but you need to take a pay cut so things can go more smooth here at the business.." What would you do?

Spur|n|Austin
05-09-2018, 10:53 AM
That's not funny

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Hopefully the Spurs have seen that they can't compete for a championship with the group they currently have.

Retaining this group, with or without Kawhi, is the equivalent of the FO throwing in the towel on trying to reach the Finals.

$pursDynasty
05-09-2018, 11:37 AM
when I saw this thread title I thought, "Ain't nothing funny about the Kawhi situation" and some of the previous posters had the same idea

SpursforSix
05-09-2018, 01:15 PM
Is that if he gets traded; then all of Tony, Danny, Rudy, Kyle, will get more money from the Spurs. That's simply because there will be more money to go around and the Spurs would like to retain their core from last year, and possibly add another Rudy/West type of contract + multiple draft picks.

:pop: there won't be much left after we get sign Lin this summer.

Then my all continent team will be finished.

wildbill2u
05-09-2018, 03:32 PM

I think the situation will be just the opposite. Without Kwahi this roster is unsustainable for the near future. I think Patfo would blow up the roster, possibly trading for draft picks or young unproven talent. With Kwahi here for a few years you could replace by trade, retirement or draft and carry on. But it is unrealistic and pointless to take this bunch into another season without a superstar to match up with LMA

alpha_HaZE
05-09-2018, 05:58 PM
I think the situation will be just the opposite. Without Kwahi this roster is unsustainable for the near future. I think Patfo would blow up the roster, possibly trading for draft picks or young unproven talent. With Kwahi here for a few years you could replace by trade, retirement or draft and carry on. But it is unrealistic and pointless to take this bunch into another season without a superstar to match up with LMA

I think we are saying essentially the same thing. Notice I said multiple draft picks? And didn't include Davis, Bryn, or Joffrey. Is because I want to replace them with Derrick White + Draft Picks. Where we disagree is that I don't expect the Spurs to tank, as they have in the past. Also, I don't think they should tank. There is plenty of NBA talent lying outside lottery draft picks; Donovan Mitchel and Kuzma are two perfect examples. And the league is taking measures to punish teams that tank, so it's not guaranteed that you get a top pick. So, I think they would bring the vets back and still rebuild that way.That would allow the Spurs to have space to bring in a Max player next summer. Personally, am excited to see what Derrick White brings to the team and also see the 18th draft pick.

The only player they might trade this summer is Gasol who is basically an expiring contract.

alpha_HaZE
05-09-2018, 06:04 PM
That "taking less money to compete" shit is idiots. I'd play the rest of my career with the clippers if they offered the most money. Damn that discount shit. If your job today told you, "you're the best worker we have but you need to take a pay cut so things can go more smooth here at the business.." What would you do?

Agreed! Players should get paid and I respect Lebron so much for paving the way in that regard. And I would play for the Clippers as well. I love LA (and OC!). But if I had the option, I 'd rather play at the same place for my entire carreer and get paid max money. Which is I think what Kawhi wants, but is that what the spurs will give? And if yes, are they going to put any qualifiers; like Kawhi has to play that many minutes or games each season...?

alpha_HaZE
05-09-2018, 06:05 PM
:pop: there won't be much left after we get sign Lin this summer.

Then my all continent team will be finished.

Lin was a good player for us when he was a free agent :)

John B
05-09-2018, 07:10 PM
Without Kawhi, or if not replaced by another Superstar like LeBron or George, Cousins, Davis, I doubt Pops will be back. He is in the limelight of his career and will not stay to rebuild. Without a proven coach like Pops, I doubt a small market like San Antonio can easily attract a big time talent. Be careful what we wish for, it could be a start of a very long seasons of losing and send Spurs, San Antonio’s only team, to a bigger market like Seattle. This drama has very dramatic repercussions which makes me to believe the FO will do their best to resign Kawhi, and if not get an equally dominant player, but never to rebuild. That’s signing a death wish. Imo.

phxspurfan
05-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Hopefully the Spurs have seen that they can't compete for a championship with the group they currently have.

Retaining this group, with or without Kawhi, is the equivalent of the FO throwing in the towel on trying to reach the Finals.

wouldn't be surprised if Holt already knows there's no shot unless he spends a ton a la Dubs. Fiscally they're probably plenty happy putting a product on the floor that can get through 2 rounds of the playoffs, considering the Dubs will own the NBA title for the foreseeable future.

daslicer
05-09-2018, 07:28 PM
Without Kawhi, or if not replaced by another Superstar like LeBron or George, Cousins, Davis, I doubt Pops will be back. He is in the limelight of his career and will not stay to rebuild. Without a proven coach like Pops, I doubt a small market like San Antonio can easily attract a big time talent. Be careful what we wish for, it could be a start of a very long seasons of losing and send Spurs, San Antonio’s only team, to a bigger market like Seattle. This drama has very dramatic repercussions which makes me to believe the FO will do their best to resign Kawhi, and if not get an equally dominant player, but never to rebuild. That’s signing a death wish. Imo.

GTFO here with this Seattle bs. It's already been touch upon in other threads that the Spurs are not going to be leaving SA anytime soon due to leasing agreements and contractual agreements with city of SA.

HankChinaski
05-10-2018, 11:28 AM
I think Kawhi stays. It benefits both sides if he finishes out his current contract if they can agree upon upcoming season used into rebuilding trust on both sides. Or the extend the super max sheet to him. Really just depends on both parties or Pop an Kawhi sitting down an talking things out. If neither side meets to an agreement/understanding he gets traded, if nothing good can come of trade offers they hold on to him have him play out the year an spend the season making a go of it an begin steps in rebuilding.

05-10-2018, 12:05 PM
There's nothing funny about this situation,

Whether Kawhi stays or goes, that chronic injury of his has the Spurs facing a rather uncertain future either way.

exstatic
05-10-2018, 12:32 PM
I think Kawhi stays. It benefits both sides if he finishes out his current contract if they can agree upon upcoming season used into rebuilding trust on both sides. Or the extend the super max sheet to him. Really just depends on both parties or Pop an Kawhi sitting down an talking things out. If neither side meets to an agreement/understanding he gets traded, if nothing good can come of trade offers they hold on to him have him play out the year an spend the season making a go of it an begin steps in rebuilding.

Nope. Him getting away for nothing next summer is a far worse outcome than getting some assets for a head start on a rebuild.

cjw
05-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Nope. Him getting away for nothing next summer is a far worse outcome than getting some assets for a head start on a rebuild.

If they don’t completely blow it up, yes. But if you let Kawhi walk, you avoid taking back money and are relatively clean on the books and should be in prime position for a few lottery picks in a row. If you keep LMA, probably are too good to be high lottery.

We forget what it’s like to have your pick over lottery talent.