PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Dew Ice

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-08-2018, 11:36 PM
Why no Iceman as your sponsor???

If you’re going to run a commercial 6,000 times during TNT NBA telecasts using an old black man to basically sit in a chair selling soft drinks that happen to be named “Ice”, why not use the coolest Iceman on the planet?

#mountaindewfail

#IcemanForIce

#MarketingTeamNotBallers

#fuckgoldenstate

DMC
05-08-2018, 11:43 PM
Because most people have no idea who George Gervin is. Even most NBA fans today wouldn't know who he was and Mountain Dew never heard of the Spurs.

Chillen
05-09-2018, 02:40 AM
What the poster above me said and I have tried the soda and it tastes like a 7up or Sprite. Not a Dew nut either but I don't get what the big deal is with this soda. Would have liked the commercial better if Freeman had a sip and said "get busy living or get busy dying, that's damn right".

Play Boban
05-09-2018, 04:45 AM
Why no Iceman as your sponsor???

If you’re going to run a commercial 6,000 times during TNT NBA telecasts using an old black man to basically sit in a chair selling soft drinks that happen to be named “Ice”, why not use the coolest Iceman on the planet?

#mountaindewfail

#IcemanForIce

#MarketingTeamNotBallers

#fuckgoldenstate

:cry

Play Boban
05-09-2018, 04:46 AM
Because most people have no idea who George Gervin is. Even most NBA fans today wouldn't know who he was and Mountain Dew never heard of the Spurs.

Most spurfan don't even know who this mfer is tbh. 0 rings.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2018, 06:20 AM
You people have not paid attention to George’s commercials over the years. But, it’s not surprising considering your knowledge of the game is lower than the Mountain Dew marketing department. Somehow the fans of the Spurs have become dumber than Laker fans...at least on this site.

exstatic
05-09-2018, 06:39 AM

I can’t even argue with this. I was perusing a list of the top all time 32 players, and he wasn’t even on it. WTF?

Dex
05-09-2018, 08:27 AM
Did somebody say...Ice?

sananspursfan21
05-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Morgan Freeman could play Iceman in a movie about his life when he’s old. Doesn’t look much like him and definitely doesn’t sound like him but whatever

SpursforSix
05-09-2018, 10:04 AM
Morgan Freeman could play Iceman in a movie about his life when he’s old. Doesn’t look much like him and definitely doesn’t sound like him but whatever

Agreed.

I'd get Kevin Hart to play young Gervin and then Freeman for the older years.

TXstbobcat
05-09-2018, 10:45 AM
Agreed.

I'd get Kevin Hart to play young Gervin and then Freeman for the older years.

at 5’4’’ I don’t see Kevin Hart playing the roll of George Gervin in a movie.

SpursforSix
05-09-2018, 11:00 AM
at 5’4’’ I don’t see Kevin Hart playing the roll of George Gervin in a movie.

I saw previews for a movie where they made Matt Damon about an inch tall. So I'm pretty sure they could figure it out.

exstatic
05-09-2018, 11:16 AM
I saw previews for a movie where they made Matt Damon about an inch tall. So I'm pretty sure they could figure it out.

Other midgets in uniform for the on court scenes...

SpursforSix
05-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Other midgets in uniform for the on court scenes...

They could just CGI the basketball stuff.

exstatic
05-09-2018, 12:02 PM
They could just CGI the basketball stuff.

Like they did the Dwarves in the Hobbit and LOTR movies.

SpursforSix
05-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Like they did the Dwarves in the Hobbit and LOTR movies.

I was thinking more like the stuff they can now do with NBA video games. But whatever works.
Point being that there is absolutely no reason that Kevin Hart couldn't play young Gervin.

sananspursfan21
05-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Ooh oh you could have Kevin Hart play Avery Johnson!!!!

SpursforSix
05-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Ooh oh you could have Kevin Hart play Avery Johnson!!!!

Why the fuck would Avery Johnson be in a George Gervin movie?

sananspursfan21
05-09-2018, 03:02 PM

:lol I just mean in general. However, I don’t know maybe iceman is shown giving him advice or something before a game. Hollywood makes that stuff up all the time!

SpursforSix
05-09-2018, 03:05 PM
:lol I just mean in general. However, I don’t know maybe iceman is shown giving him advice or something before a game. Hollywood makes that stuff up all the time!

well...then I don't know who the hell plays George Gervin.
Trust me...it's a movie about the Ice Man. You need a star to take on the main role.
For Avery...if he has to be in the movie...Forest Whitaker.

phxspurfan
05-09-2018, 03:29 PM

Anybody see lil' Avery in Area 21 that one time on TNT Inside the NBA? It was pretty sad tbqh

K...
05-09-2018, 04:32 PM

Evangelisizing Christianity, what else would Avery be doing?

K...
05-09-2018, 04:38 PM
Anybody see lil' Avery in Area 21 that one time on TNT Inside the NBA? It was pretty sad tbqh

Recently or before? It's on YouTube but it's over an hour of video

http://youtu.be/s1IdrWTzRb0

Can't be worse than Patty Mills tbqh