PDA

View Full Version : NBA: WarriorRef or Frauden/RocketsRef? What a conundrum for NBA riggers.

Fabbs
05-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Have some backside / backdoor details already been worked out?

phxspurfan
05-09-2018, 02:52 PM
They may be unbiased this series b/c the NBA got what they want. 2 major markets. Or, the NBA may fluff up the Rockettes to create the illusion of a "rivalry" like they did with the Celtics and Lakers in '08-'10

Arcadian
05-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Or maybe it's just a game, and whoever puts the ball in the basket more wins.

Radical idea, I know.

phxspurfan
05-09-2018, 03:23 PM

Radical idea, I know.

That's not how pro leagues work dude. If it was, no one would watch. Capturing the interest of casual fans (most of the revenue generation -- high priced seats and tv contracts) is about entertainment, drama, and creating something that doesn't naturally materialize (like pushing the media to invent a rivalry or invent stars) when those things aren't there.

This is why leagues like MLS don't work. Mostly small markets and no stars = no casual fan base. Granted they're paying a shit ton to bring washed up European stars to the MLS to generate interest, we'll see how that goes. It's also why leagues like the NHL allow (encourage?) fighting. It's interesting. Also why Nascar sensationalizes crashes and beefs between drivers.

Meanwhile look at the WWE. Still minting money doing something that is basically soap opera. People find it interesting and tune in/buy tickets for that mostly.

Arcadian
05-09-2018, 05:08 PM
That's not how pro leagues work dude. If it was, no one would watch. Capturing the interest of casual fans (most of the revenue generation -- high priced seats and tv contracts) is about entertainment, drama, and creating something that doesn't naturally materialize (like pushing the media to invent a rivalry or invent stars) when those things aren't there.

This is why leagues like MLS don't work. Mostly small markets and no stars = no casual fan base. Granted they're paying a shit ton to bring washed up European stars to the MLS to generate interest, we'll see how that goes. It's also why leagues like the NHL allow (encourage?) fighting. It's interesting. Also why Nascar sensationalizes crashes and beefs between drivers.

Meanwhile look at the WWE. Still minting money doing something that is basically soap opera. People find it interesting and tune in/buy tickets for that mostly.

I did say it was a radical idea, didn't I? :lol

Clipper Nation
05-09-2018, 05:09 PM

Radical idea, I know.
:lol Please. Both these teams get Lakers-level officiating.

LkrFan
05-09-2018, 05:35 PM
As long as the Spurs are shining shoes I'm good tbh :)

Arcadian
05-09-2018, 05:43 PM
:lol Please. Both these teams get Lakers-level officiating.

In that case, shouldn't their supposed rigged-ness cancel each other out, resulting in a fair game?

DMC
05-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Why did you have to use the R word?

TheRemix
05-09-2018, 09:34 PM
Those damn no good dirty riggers

Barfunk
05-09-2018, 09:59 PM
:lol My sense of humor lends itself to finding the title of this thread funny.

Fabbs
05-15-2018, 10:39 AM
What did you see?
Game 1 I tolerated about 1/3 of the game.

From what I saw, advantage WarriorRef.
Specifically Gordon driving it hard to the hoop. Donkey definitely with the clear body shot as Gordon still made the shot. No call. I see Game Thread where Donkey could have been t'd up 2Xs over.

:lmao The over and back non call when Warriors should have turned it over. Right on cue as Houston was definitely regaining momentum.

LkrFan
05-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Looks like RocketRef showed up and showed out:

SMDH

Fabbs
05-15-2018, 12:10 PM
Looks like RocketRef showed up and showed out:
push off combined with Derek Swisher level faggot flop.

1 call.

Fabbs
05-23-2018, 10:21 AM
From what I have seen it has definitely been advantage Warrior.

However some stunning proper calls against Golden State -in crunch time to boot!
Example Donkey being rung up for his trip/push in the 4th in Game 4. Of course he stands there in shock for 10 seconds.