PDA

View Full Version : OT: TNT should get rid of Shaq.

spursistan
05-10-2018, 03:39 AM

Well, it should have been done years ago. His unfunny, insecure persona and outsized ego have ruined this show, tbh.

Dude works in entertainment business, but has zero sense of self-deprecation.

Caltex2
05-10-2018, 04:13 AM
He has hurt the show. He's funny, just not as a studio host, kinda like Tommy Davidson isn't funny as a stand up comic but funny at sketch comedy.

This does have the chance of blowing up and spoiling a good thing and since Shaq is relatively new on the show, he should go or change his role at Turner, perhaps to a game analyst or with Kevin Garnett in Area 21.

Stabula
05-10-2018, 04:59 AM
Only thing I like about him is that he respects the Spurs and follows them more closely than the other hosts but yeah he's clearly the weakest link on this show.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-10-2018, 05:46 AM
Only thing I like about him is that he respects the Spurs and follows them more closely than the other hosts but yeah he's clearly the weakest link on this show.

I don't think he's necessarily any worse than the revolving door of other 4th wheels TNT had when Shaq was still playing, tbh...

Magic Johnson
Reggie Miller
Chris Webber
...and others

The show actually operated best when it was just EJ, Kenny and Chuck imo.

lefty
05-10-2018, 07:35 AM
He has hurt the show. He's funny, just not as a studio host., kinda like Tommy Davidson isn't funny as a stand up comic but funny at sketch comedy.

This does have the chance of blowing up and spoiling a good thing and since Shaq is relatively new on the show, he should go or change his role at Turner, perhaps to a game analyst or with Kevin Garnett in Area 21.

This

DMC
05-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Media loves this kind of shit. They are probably working on a First Take type idea right now for these two. This is just playing off the idea that Shaq and Chuck don't get along, like the recent commercial "my wine tasting after the pre game"

lefty
05-10-2018, 07:48 AM
" I have 4 rings, so I'm right"

Xevious
05-10-2018, 07:52 AM
The problem is (other than the fact that Shaq is dumb as hell and you can only understand every third word or so that comes out of his mouth) he and Chuck fill the same roll, while Kenny and EJ are both a little more level headed. So you end up with moments like this where they disagree and are just talking over each other.

Caltex2
05-10-2018, 07:54 AM
This

He could also go to Disney (ABC/ESPN), it may be a better fit for him and he'll be a bigger fish.

DMC
05-10-2018, 08:01 AM
" I have 4 rings, so I'm right"

He could be a solid poster here.

DMC
05-10-2018, 08:02 AM
The problem is (other than the fact that Shaq is dumb as hell and you can only understand every third word or so that comes out of his mouth) he and Chuck fill the same roll, while Kenny and EJ are both a little more level headed. So you end up with moments like this where they disagree and are just talking over each other.

But it won't make you stop watching. In fact, we wouldn't be discussing it if it was the normal EJ, Kenny and Chuck.

I don't care for him either, and I said so when he first started, but they work from viewership, not Emmys.

Bynumite
05-10-2018, 09:09 AM
They won't. Even though Shaq acts really sensitive at times, he's also not afraid to make a fool of himself which goes along with the light-hearted nature of the show.

Plus, Shaqtin a fool became sinonimous with Inside the NBA and that's Shaq's thing.

On another note, hope Kenny gets the Knicks job and they replace him with Gary Peyton, the Glove is hilarious.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2018, 10:36 AM
They're all terrible, I don't know how anybody watches that shit, tbh:lol

Coonley is worse than Shaq IMO, since he actually tries to give basketball opinions..

Chucho
05-10-2018, 10:51 AM

This. The cast was old hat almost a decade ago and if it wasn't for ABC having this great ability at finding major tools to counteract TNT's old faithful, they'd have been pressed to change it up a bit already.

TNT has a much better broadcast team, tho. I haven't watched an ABC game this year and wont (don't watch PO basketball that doesn't involve the Spurs), do they still have dudes like Van Gundy and Marc Jackson onboard? That's better than Bill Walton, but still awful.

Chris Fall
05-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Agree. It was already starting to get stale before they added Shaq. While I agree Shaq is terrible, he joined an already sinking ship. I don’t like any of the four anymore. Ernie especially annoys the hell out of me. He’s like a sports host version of Alex Trebek. Barkley is the only one that is still even remotely entertaining because he will often say or do some really stupid shit, but then he’s cool with laughing at himself for being stupid. I can still appreciate that part of his on air personality. People that can laugh at themselves and are okay with being the butt of the joke have a likable, redeeming quality to them.

But I’ve stopped watching the show for the most part. Already flip the channel before they get on at halftime or in between games. Occasionally catch the post show after the late game because I’m not usually watching anything else and I’ll go to sleep with the TV on.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2018, 10:54 AM
This. The cast was old hat almost a decade ago and if it wasn't for ABC having this great ability at finding major tools to counteract TNT's old faithful, they'd have been pressed to change it up a bit already.

TNT has a much better broadcast team, tho. I haven't watched an ABC game this year and wont (don't watch PO basketball that doesn't involve the Spurs), do they still have dudes like Van Gundy and Marc Jackson onboard? That's better than Bill Walton, but still awful.

Yes, but TNT has Marv Albert, who shouldn't be on TV anymore:lol

He messes up EVERY name, doesn't know the rules anymore, can't follow the action, etc..one of the best of all-time, but they need to let him go at the end of this season..

spurraider21
05-10-2018, 10:56 AM
they're ok for comedy but ive never tuned into Inside the NBA for hard hitting ananlysis :lol

Joseph Kony
05-10-2018, 11:16 AM
they're all pretty awful. Chuck's takes are gross. Shaq is always mumbling and doesnt add much to the convo besides "4 rings!" and Kenny is a pretentious douche who pretends to know what he is talking about but often times just says dumb stuff, cliches, and talks in circles. i hate listening to him on Sirius during my lunch break

Chucho
05-10-2018, 11:19 AM

He messes up EVERY name, doesn't know the rules anymore, can't follow the action, etc..one of the best of all-time, but they need to let him go at the end of this season..

True, but Marv's voice qualities add to the game and presentation. Kevin Harlan is still awesome too.

Marc Jackson and Van Gundy make me want to pop a few Xannax to get through their broadcasts.

Chucho
05-10-2018, 11:20 AM
they're all pretty awful. Chuck's takes are gross. Shaq is always mumbling and doesnt add much to the convo besides "4 rings!" and Kenny is a pretentious douche who pretends to know what he is talking about but often times just says dumb stuff, cliches, and talks in circles. i hate listening to him on Sirius during my lunch break

:lol So true.

lefty
05-10-2018, 11:44 AM

Fuck Marv Albert, he was a major MJ c...sucker.

Player not named MJ scores a normal layup, he says it's a layup.

MJ scores a layup and he goes : " a GORGEOUS move....by Michael....Jordan"

DMC
05-10-2018, 01:31 PM
Chris Webber is ok until he gets around other former players at which time he starts with the swag shit.

LkrFan
05-10-2018, 01:52 PM
They should can him and hire Jim to boost ratings :lol

phxspurfan
05-10-2018, 03:03 PM
They can try out C-Webb, he seems to like the role. Or maybe Kobe?

Avante
05-10-2018, 03:36 PM
I was half ass listening to the chit chat when it hit me....Shaq sucks at this.

Chucho
05-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Or maybe Kobe?

If Chuck asks him how Shaq's ass tasted, it would become the greatest anything of all time.

RD2191
05-10-2018, 04:31 PM
I like him sometimes but he's for sure a thin skinned pussy. Dude likes to dish it out but can't take it for shit.

daslicer
05-10-2018, 04:37 PM
I like him sometimes but he's for sure a thin skinned pussy. Dude likes to dish it out but can't take it for shit.

That's who he's always been. I will never forget the retarded feuds he had with Robinson,Duncan during his career. Looking back now they are pretty funny.

Spurtacular
05-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Barkley was at his peak pre-Shaq. But I don't know if he'd re-find his form even if Shaq left.

DMC
05-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Get rid of Shaq, bring in Manu for the Spanish contingent

Stabula
08-04-2018, 02:11 AM
This thread should be pinned tbh

hater
08-04-2018, 08:55 AM
Get rid of Shaq, bring in Manu for the Spanish contingent

Might as well bring in Israel Gutierrez as Manus vanilla takes are basically the same

LkrFan
08-04-2018, 09:45 AM

Coonley is worse than Shaq IMO, since he actually tries to give basketball opinions..

:lol

Spurtacular
08-04-2018, 04:42 PM
This thread should be pinned tbh

LkrFan
08-13-2018, 11:54 AM

Well, it should have been done years ago. His unfunny, insecure persona and outsized ego have ruined this show, tbh.

Dude works in entertainment business, but has zero sense of self-deprecation.

Like the Clipps giving Bruce Lee Bowen a pink slip?

https://tenor.com/search/youre-fired-gifs

Phenomanul
08-13-2018, 01:01 PM
That's a bad precedent considering Bruce wasn't disrespectful in any way. I guess Clippers FO brass thinks they still have a chance at Kawhi for free agency next year.

AaronY
08-13-2018, 01:13 PM
Shaq really did ruin the show. its totally unwatchable now

DMC
08-13-2018, 08:08 PM
Like the Clipps giving Bruce Lee Bowen a pink slip?

https://tenor.com/search/youre-fired-gifs

Now if Sean could say a few things.

LkrFan
08-13-2018, 08:52 PM
Now if Sean could say a few things.

Nope - I hope he's neva fired tbh :lol

LkrFan
08-13-2018, 08:54 PM
That's a bad precedent considering Bruce wasn't disrespectful in any way. I guess Clippers FO brass thinks they still have a chance at Kawhi for free agency next year.

Bruce Lee Bowen is a bad person. He undercuts players, kicks them in the face, hacks, scratches. This pink slip is well deserved tbh. Yet you farmers retired his jersey. :lol

DMC
08-13-2018, 10:20 PM
Bruce Lee Bowen is a bad person. He undercuts players, kicks them in the face, hacks, scratches. This pink slip is well deserved tbh. Yet you farmers retired his jersey. :lol

:lol Thinks San Antonio is full of farmers
:lol says a lot about a Mexican from California

Walter Donovan
08-13-2018, 11:45 PM
I’ll take any of the NBA on TNT crew over the clown show that is the NBA on ESPN. The network needs to completely start from scratch in that department; it’s borderline unbearable to watch. For starters, to make things a bit more interesting why not dump Jalen Rose and replace him with Bill Walton?

Spurtacular
08-14-2018, 12:14 AM

Is that worse than raping women?

Yes or no.

Spurtacular
08-14-2018, 12:15 AM
I’ll take any of the NBA on TNT crew over the clown show that is the NBA on ESPN. The network needs to completely start from scratch in that department; it’s borderline unbearable to watch. For starters, to make things a bit more interesting why not dump Jalen Rose and replace him with Bill Walton?

Walton is still being punished for calling out the league on cheating to get the Lakers their threepeat.

Othyus Lalanne
08-14-2018, 12:31 AM

I don't see why bad people should not be awarded. The NBA is not the boyscouts.

Stabula
08-14-2018, 03:05 AM
I don't see why bad people should not be awarded. The NBA is not the boyscouts.

LkrFan
08-14-2018, 10:55 AM
Is that worse than raping women?

Yes or no.

Yes. She consented until she saw the 14-incher :lol

LkrFan
08-14-2018, 10:56 AM
:lol Thinks San Antonio is full of farmers
:lol says a lot about a Mexican from California

Killakobe81
08-14-2018, 11:43 AM

I agree they are far worse. Beadle/Billups/Pierce/rose is horrible. I would keep Rose if he was as real on it as he is on his podcast with Jacoby. But I stopped listening to that because even that seems to be Disnefied like the aBC coverage .. there really isnt any good coverage teams in studio that cover the NBA right now.
A bunch of clowns or bland anaylsis or both.

TDMVPDPOY
08-14-2018, 12:06 PM
they should have someone thats neutral on that show who knows what they are speaking instead of talking over others or using the ring excuse bs

Spurtacular
08-14-2018, 07:18 PM
Yes. She consented until she saw the 14-incher :lol

:lmao Telling us your fantasy.

LkrFan
08-14-2018, 07:20 PM
:lmao Telling us your fantasy.

Her words (or was it Kool's?) - not mines :lol

Spurtacular
08-15-2018, 12:00 AM
Her words (or was it Kool's?) - not mines :lol

It's okay, bruh. Nobody was confusing you with an alpha straight man. :lmao