PDA

View Full Version : Is Tony Parker In Total Denial?

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 12:46 AM
How does this scrub think he has three more seasons left in the tank? He's done after next season unless Spurs are stupid enough to give him a multi-year contract.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/5/11/17345964/tony-parker-san-antonio-spurs-20-seasons

Snaq O'Meal
05-12-2018, 01:34 AM
How does this scrub think he has three more seasons left in the tank? He's done after next season unless Spurs are stupid enough to give him a multi-year contract.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/5/11/17345964/tony-parker-san-antonio-spurs-20-seasons

He’s not in denial. Poop and RC are really stupid enough to dole out such contracts.

AFBlue
05-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Duncan looked done in 2011, Ginobili the same a couple years later. And yet, they adjusted their bodies, their roles, and their minutes to be effective contributors for longer than anyone expected.

I'm not saying Tony will follow the same path, but he needs a full season after his injury and adjusted to his new role for me to truly decide how much he has left.

BSfromTX
05-12-2018, 09:01 AM
I tend to agree with OP, however he did have an injury that surely affected him this year. It’s possible he improves over the summer, but I wouldn’t hold my breathe. Will give him the benefit of the doubt for a veteran contract and a back up role.

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:30 AM
He can go however long he wants. People always mistake age for the end. The end is when you stop consistently pr'ing in the gym and during practice. If he trains as hard as he can he will be better. This is the culprit, mindset, not age, when it comes to your body and performance. Its science.. not that anyone on st understands fact v opininion

SpursforSix
05-12-2018, 09:44 AM
He can go however long he wants. People always mistake age for the end. The end is when you stop consistently pr'ing in the gym and during practice. If he trains as hard as he can he will be better. This is the culprit, mindset, not age, when it comes to your body and performance. Its science.. not that anyone on st understands fact v opininion

No. with Tony, it's age. Had he developed a good 3 pointer or have great court vission, I'd say maybe he's got more to give. But as good as he was, he really was a one trick pony. Albeit one of the best at his one trick

Joseph Kony
05-12-2018, 10:11 AM

you're an idiot

eric365
05-12-2018, 10:36 AM
On a vet contract at the end of the bench he can still collect a ring with the dubs
Would be sad tho

Seventyniner
05-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Quit using this as another reason to try and hate on Tony. Tons of athletes have this attitude, including Michael Jordan himself.

gambit1990
05-12-2018, 11:20 AM
I'm not saying Tony will follow the same path, but he needs a full season after his injury and adjusted to his new role for me to truly decide how much he has left.
he doesn't have enough left to make up for his defense.

tholdren
05-12-2018, 11:55 AM
you're an idiot

Lol. Ok. Go ahead and find any scientific research that disproves the above. If you disagree with anything about the post you have no clue how the body works.

The part about tony going is directly related to him either working to his max daily or not. My tbeory is hed come back stronger next year and then fizzle out due to his lack of focus on his body. Hes never been physically impressive his whole career, and plays overweight... so if he were to make a point to show hes not done it wouldnt last due to his pattern of behavior

tholdren
05-12-2018, 12:02 PM
No. with Tony, it's age. Had he developed a good 3 pointer or have great court vission, I'd say maybe he's got more to give. But as good as he was, he really was a one trick pony. Albeit one of the best at his one trick

This is what you dont get. The body ages more slowly than you think. People have in their heads this age range of prime which is totally exaggerated. Proper nutrition and training intensity can keep athletic performance on par for years. What does change however is mindset and decreasing of workout intensity/performing same workout over over.... after being in a sport lets say 20 years 13 to 33 the mental piece begins to lag. Goals have been reached, no longer is there some type of attainanble challenge for many. So they slack on the physical aspect and there you have the PRIME misconception.

Leetonidas
05-12-2018, 12:28 PM
:lmao

TimDunkem
05-12-2018, 01:33 PM
He’s not in denial. Poop and RC are really stupid enough to dole out such contracts.

Pretty much this. :lol

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Duncan looked done in 2011, Ginobili the same a couple years later. And yet, they adjusted their bodies, their roles, and their minutes to be effective contributors for longer than anyone expected.

Parker by being a part of "The Big Three" always made the mistake of interpreting that to mean he was a superior athlete like them. Once the quickness was sufficiently depleted, what was he supposed to fall back on?

Also, Duncan didn't look done in 2011. That's just a ST cliffjumper take that you obviously never processed as such.

I will agree that he may not be fully recovered from the injury and that this thread could be premature. But the signs were there before the injury. And 5'11", 36 years old, and a worn-out body figures to be more of the same if not worse. Sure, the window is cracked open that I'm wrong though.

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 01:39 PM
This is what you dont get. The body ages more slowly than you think. People have in their heads this age range of prime which is totally exaggerated. Proper nutrition and training intensity can keep athletic performance on par for years. What does change however is mindset and decreasing of workout intensity/performing same workout over over.... after being in a sport lets say 20 years 13 to 33 the mental piece begins to lag. Goals have been reached, no longer is there some type of attainanble challenge for many. So they slack on the physical aspect and there you have the PRIME misconception.

If this were true, Manu would still be a super star. Come to terms.

Ginobilly
05-12-2018, 02:57 PM

Dude, no, just no! The older you get, the slower and weaker you get. Unless your on p.e.d.s like lebron.

SpursforSix
05-12-2018, 03:01 PM

Then Tony isn't doing it right because he's slow as fuck now.

ECOV
05-12-2018, 03:16 PM
you're an idiot
its true all in your head, sure got to be realistic in some cases, but only 30 %

ElNono
05-12-2018, 04:07 PM
yes

tholdren
05-12-2018, 04:35 PM
If this were true, Manu would still be a super star. Come to terms.

Its science, sorry your GED didnt expose you to that.

tholdren
05-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Dude, no, just no! The older you get, the slower and weaker you get. Unless your on p.e.d.s like lebron.

Sorry, that you are exactly the type of moron I am referring to above. Too dumb to even learn about the body... human beings are so dumb

tholdren
05-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Then Tony isn't doing it right because he's slow as fuck now.

Obviously. Look at his body. Hes fat.

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 06:52 PM

You're GED makes you think there is marginal difference between 29 and 36. :lmao

Chillen
05-12-2018, 07:26 PM
On a vet contract at the end of the bench he can still collect a ring with the dubs
Would be sad tho

Yeah because the Warriors need more help as if Durant, Green, Thompson, Curry and Iguodola being on the roster isn't enough. Parker would fit in quite well coming off the bench for Curry. Even though it would look totally f**ked up seeing him in a Warriors uniform.

Joseph Kony
05-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Yeah, it is science, the older an NBA player a get the worse he gets, the longer it takes his body to recover, the more fatigued he gets, the more athleticism he loses, etc. you're a complete moron if you think players turn to shit when they get old because they're not working out hard enough :lmao you're fucking stupid. its science :rolleyes

dbestpro
05-12-2018, 09:10 PM
he doesn't have enough left to make up for his defense.

His defense is still better than Forbes.

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Yeah, it is science, the older an NBA player a get the worse he gets, the longer it takes his body to recover, the more fatigued he gets, the more athleticism he loses, etc. you're a complete moron if you think players turn to shit when they get old because they're not working out hard enough :lmao you're fucking stupid. its science :rolleyes

Like i said before. Your braindead comments show exactly what you dont have any knowledge of. And lol at you for making your last comment. It is science. But im sure you think the world is flat...

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:21 PM
You're GED makes you think there is marginal difference between 29 and 36. :lmao

Your inability to understand phsyiology biology is the only laughing thing here. Youre not smart. I have 4 degrees and accompanying certifications. The ONLY difference between 29 and 36 is 7.

apalisoc_9
05-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Hope they resign tony.

Would hate to see him in another uniform.

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/aqDwC.png

Thanks for all the years and consider staying.

Joseph Kony
05-12-2018, 09:24 PM
:lmao :lmao

"i have four degrees" :lol apparently not in anything relevant if you think a 29 year old NBA athlete and a 36 year old are the same athletically

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:25 PM

Have to bump this just for laughs. Hilarious. Werent the spurs done and too old for like 10 years now. Odd how when tim changed his eating and workout he mysteriously got good again... lol you stupid stupid person

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 09:25 PM
Your inability to understand phsyiology biology is the only laughing thing here. Youre not smart. I have 4 degrees and accompanying certifications. The ONLY difference between 29 and 36 is 7.

Bull shit, obviously.

Joseph Kony
05-12-2018, 09:26 PM
:lmao this fucking retard thinking 29 year old Duncan and 39 year old Duncan were the same

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:26 PM

"i have four degrees" :lol apparently not in anything relevant if you think a 29 year old NBA athlete and a 36 year old are the same athletically

Hahahha you have to be kidding me. You suscribe to this because you hear it from the media. You see it from gms who want to bolster revenue with new hype.

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Bull shit, obviously.

Lol just as obvious as your theory that age is a detrimental factor to performance. Its as stupid as flat earth, sadly.

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:30 PM
:lmao this fucking retard thinking 29 year old Duncan and 39 year old Duncan were the same

This is how dumb you are. Saying i said this, first 7 now 10... lol. You arent even proving a point.

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:31 PM

Hahahahaahaah so you think 39 year old tim wanted to play as bad / much spend as much time on his body as 29 tim? Answer, like manu is no

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 09:34 PM
Lol just as obvious as your theory that age is a detrimental factor to performance. Its as stupid as flat earth, sadly.

How many NBA players have played into their 50's?

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:35 PM
How many NBA players have played into their 50's?

Why would they?

barbacoataco
05-12-2018, 09:36 PM

The truth. Parker needs to go to Europe to "consult" with a doctor named Firenze or Fellini. I think they talk about nutrition and better training habits, and two weeks later they can bench press 50lbs over career best. I've seen it done many times over the years in different sports. The only chance for Parker is a steady diet of HGH, steroids, EPO to regain his speed and athleticism. I say do it Parker. I'll still respect you.

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:37 PM
The truth. Parker needs to go to Europe to "consult" with a doctor named Firenze or Fellini. I think they talk about nutrition and better training habits, and two weeks later they can bench press 50lbs over career best. I've seen it done many times over the years in different sports. The only chance for Parker is a steady diet of HGH, steroids, EPO to regain his speed and athleticism. I say do it Parker. I'll still respect you.

Or he could just work out and eat correctly

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Oddly enough lebron james takes the best care of his body through nutrition and workout, is having his best playoffs at 33, even better than in his 20s.... who woulda thought?

tholdren
05-12-2018, 09:42 PM
In a bizarre turn of events lma looked thinner and leaner this year.... and had possibly the best statistical year of his career... wow!! In his 30s!

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Why would they?

Goes to figure they would if it's a matter of training and not a matter of regression brought on by aging.

tholdren
05-12-2018, 10:02 PM
Goes to figure they would if it's a matter of training and not a matter of regression brought on by aging.

Jesus youre dumb. Being able to do it, the science, has nothing to do with the WANT to do it. Which is why you see players get fat, slow, injured, etc. If tony parker really wanted to be the best, would he allow himself to get out of shape? Same with pau.

These guys want to make millions with as little work as possible for the most part. Then get out. Rarely do you see or find someone who loves the game to an extent he can out perform himeself regularly for years. This is why you have a greatest.

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Jesus youre dumb. Being able to do it, the science, has nothing to do with the WANT to do it. Which is why you see players get fat, slow, injured, etc. If tony parker really wanted to be the best, would he allow himself to get out of shape? Same with pau.

If you were right (and you're not), teams would be going out of their way to high-producing 30 somethings for whom they'd have to only need to make sure they stayed properly motivated. And of course, we'd have a good amount of 30-something rookies too.

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 10:21 PM
These guys want to make millions with as little work as possible for the most part. Then get out. Rarely do you see or find someone who loves the game to an extent he can out perform himeself regularly for years. This is why you have a greatest.

You think Shaq, Garnett and Pierce could've kept up with the Heatles in 2013 if they had only kept putting in the work? You're a dumbfuck. Their bodies had a lot more wear and tear, and aging makes the recovery process longer.

tholdren
05-12-2018, 10:31 PM
You think Shaq, Garnett and Pierce could've kept up with the Heatles in 2013 if they had only kept putting in the work? You're a dumbfuck. Their bodies had a lot more wear and tear, and aging makes the recovery process longer.

Lololol 2 of those 3 didnt workout.

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Lololol 2 of those 3 didnt workout.

If your theory was correct, I'd see about as many 40-year-olds walking around in shape as I do 25-year-olds in shape.

Othyus Lalanne
05-12-2018, 11:10 PM
Tony made me eat crow before.

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 11:58 PM
Tony made me eat crow before.

You were probably having it with a side of dick, tbh.

Othyus Lalanne
05-13-2018, 12:55 AM
There is no honesty on the Internets. Just bs, posturing and some minimal real engagement.

SpursforSix
05-13-2018, 12:58 AM

Lol. Regardless of your other shit, that was funny.
But you should have left the "tbh" off.

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 01:02 AM
There is no honesty on the Internets. Just bs, posturing and some minimal real engagement.

I apologize if that was uncalled for. A part of me figured you were a sock when I said it.

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 01:03 AM
Lol. Regardless of your other shit, that was funny.
But you should have left the "tbh" off.

:lol True.

Othyus Lalanne
05-13-2018, 01:28 AM
I apologize if that was uncalled for. A part of me figured you were a sock when I said it.

How does a bot get over 200 posts?

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 01:42 AM
How does a bot get over 200 posts?

Socks aren't bots. They're extra screen names for the same person.

Othyus Lalanne
05-13-2018, 02:07 AM

I have socks on other sites, but not on ths one.

Seventyniner
05-13-2018, 10:30 AM

Here they're called alts. I've never heard "sock" used for that tbh.

barbacoataco
05-13-2018, 11:04 AM
The athletes who are maintaining production into their 30's, and even improving after 30, are using drugs. Period. A lot of fans are in complete denial. Steroids and HGH are a major factor in every sport. Lebron is juiced to the gills.
The NBA is way dirty. They have NEVER brought down a big player for doping like baseball did. At least the MLB is trying to catch dopers. The NBA is not.

Joseph Kony
05-13-2018, 11:13 AM
The athletes who are maintaining production into their 30's, and even improving after 30, are using drugs. Period. A lot of fans are in complete denial. Steroids and HGH are a major factor in every sport. Lebron is juiced to the gills.
The NBA is way dirty. They have NEVER brought down a big player for doping like baseball did. At least the MLB is trying to catch dopers. The NBA is not.

no man, it's obviously because they're eating kale and working out. apparently there is no difference between a 26 year old in his prime athlete and a 40 year old athlete if they have the same diet and work out a lot :lol

Ginobilly
05-13-2018, 11:25 AM

These dopers bring a lot of money for the League, of course they're going to turn a blind. I would imagine basketball players must be doing blood doping, epo combined with clenbuterol and hgh to improve stamina and maintain strength throughout your 30s and 40s. If average people are doping: your pauly d wannabes, law enforcement, lawyer's, our own Mayor, criminals, etc ya dont million dollar athletes are? I have a ba in kinesiology and i could tell right off the bat people who dope or use trt clinics.

Ginobilly
05-13-2018, 11:30 AM
Your muscular edurance and cardiovascular stamina is not the same after 30. You need peds to keep up with younglings who are also doping. So you have to dope more than them.

Nathan89
05-13-2018, 01:46 PM
He just enjoys playing the game and is hopeful to play longer tbh.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Your muscular edurance and cardiovascular stamina is not the same after 30. You need peds to keep up with younglings who are also doping. So you have to dope more than them.

Not even remotely true. VO2 does decrease but not due to age alone

tholdren
05-13-2018, 06:27 PM
no man, it's obviously because they're eating kale and working out. apparently there is no difference between a 26 year old in his prime athlete and a 40 year old athlete if they have the same diet and work out a lot :lol

Lolol 100 says your obese. This isnt even remotely close to the original debate. Dumb as your avatar.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 06:30 PM
If your theory was correct, I'd see about as many 40-year-olds walking around in shape as I do 25-year-olds in shape.

Why? Because you can be fit doesnt mean you want to be fit idiot. Look at the health stats in america. Leading cause of death is because people are too stupid to understand what they put in their body plus laziness. You are really dumb

tholdren
05-13-2018, 06:34 PM
If you were right (and you're not), teams would be going out of their way to high-producing 30 somethings for whom they'd have to only need to make sure they stayed properly motivated. And of course, we'd have a good amount of 30-something rookies too.

No, just the opposite. The nba already drafts on potential and the next new thing. They need idiots like you to believe illogical, unproven hyperbole. Hilarious..... and sad at the same time. Shame on your public education.

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 06:34 PM
Why? Because you can be fit doesnt mean you want to be fit idiot. Look at the health stats in america. Leading cause of death is because people are too stupid to understand what they put in their body plus laziness. You are really dumb

Metabolism slows. That's just one huge factor. BTW everyone knows who is "really dumb" in this argument.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 06:35 PM
Metabolism slows. That's just one huge factor. BTW everyone knows who is "really dumb" in this argument.

Lolololoool metabolism slows.... hahahahahabbabababahnajannahahhahaha

tholdren
05-13-2018, 06:36 PM
THIS GUY SAID THE REASON PEOPLE ARENT FIT IS METABOLISM SLOWS.....HAHHAHAHAHHAGAHAHAHAHAHAH

tholdren
05-13-2018, 06:47 PM

This is where you need to use more science and less opinion. Jesus. Go take a basic 5th grade nutrition class. Turn to the page that deals with what a calorie is. Then read about caloric intake and caloric deficit. Then come back and post more about looking fit.... lollolololololol... man you look foolish now.

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 06:57 PM
This is where you need to use more science and less opinion. Jesus. Go take a basic 5th grade nutrition class. Turn to the page that deals with what a calorie is. Then read about caloric intake and caloric deficit. Then come back and post more about looking fit.... lollolololololol... man you look foolish now.

How old are you that you don't know metabolism slows with age?

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:09 PM

Lololollololollolool.... put shovel down

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 07:11 PM
Lololollololollolool.... put shovel down

I woudn't want to document your stupidity further either.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:16 PM
I woudn't want to document your stupidity further either.

But but but metabolism..... classic

DMC
05-13-2018, 07:17 PM

Admit it, you're a tub.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:20 PM
Admit it, you're a tub.

You sad because you dont know what you are talking about? Please interject if you can prove any of that wrong.... ill wait

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:20 PM

It doesnt. It slows because of inactivity. You dumb

DMC
05-13-2018, 07:21 PM
You sad because you dont know what you are talking about? Please interject if you can prove any of that wrong.... ill wait

Thomas the Tub

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:22 PM
Thomas the Tub

Still waiting....

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:25 PM
Thomas the Tub

62k... good life...

DMC
05-13-2018, 07:26 PM
http://www.fitnesshealth101.com/images2/topics/weightloss/basalmetabolicratechart.jpg

DMC
05-13-2018, 07:26 PM
:lol stupid motherfucker

Leetonidas
05-13-2018, 07:28 PM
:lol...

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 07:28 PM

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:30 PM

Lolololol wow. So youre saying that graph shows that as people get older they become less active... man you need some analytical skills... you are really really dumb....

This just in.... older people by majority are less active than younger people.. hahhahahha thats your argument. And you think you proved a point? You did, mine.... lolololol you are soooo dumb

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:31 PM
:lol...

Hahahhahha he proved my point... sorry alt.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:32 PM

Duh metabolism = people are less fit. Metabolism speed is a by product of physical activity..... but carry on looking at a graph that shows what i have just stated two pages back

DMC
05-13-2018, 07:35 PM
Lolololol wow. So youre saying that graph shows that as people get older they become less active... man you need some analytical skills... you are really really dumb....

This just in.... older people by majority are less active than younger people.. hahhahahha thats your argument. And you think you proved a point? You did, mine.... lolololol you are soooo dumb

Hahahhahha he proved my point... sorry alt.

Duh metabolism = people are less fit. Metabolism speed is a by product of physical activity..... but carry on looking at a graph that shows what i have just stated two pages back

Meltdown you stupid fuck

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:36 PM

Yet you are too dumb to realize that this doesnt mean its everyones rate, nor do you consider caloric intake.... and youre namecalling like you posted some type of amazing new knowledge. Hope your other 62THOUSAND posts are packing more than this... just sad.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:38 PM
Meltdown you stupid fuck

Lolololol quick post another out of context graph that has the word metabolism in it. Then you can pretend your smart and make more emojies.... 63 k here you come.... man you are really dumb. 3 guys 1 graph. Hahahahahhahahahahhaha this is gold right here. Quick show me more about nutrition and physical fitness.

DMC
05-13-2018, 07:40 PM
Lolololol quick post another out of context graph that has the word metabolism in it. Then you can pretend your smart and make more emojies.... 63 k here you come.... man you are really dumb. 3 guys 1 graph. Hahahahahhahahahahhaha this is gold right here. Quick show me more about nutrition and physical fitness.

:lol

jajajajaja

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:41 PM
Dmc just took the belt from spurtacular. Here comes a 63k post about 90 year olds have slow metabolism.... yet they both dont know what metabolism is, how it works, its affect on weight, and how calories, nutrition, and lifestyle play into metabolism.....

Next dmc post.... obesity and metabolism are genetic and there is nothing you can do to alter..... hhahahbabababanjahajah

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:42 PM
:lol

jajajajaja

When argument lost, revert to finding grammar errors. Just say sorry and i will stop making you look this bad. 63k getting handed to you. Looks pretty bad.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:44 PM
This just in dmc says either you are born with the genetics to look fit, or youre not. Theres nothing nutrition or physical activity can do. And either way, by his graph, you cant look fit after 26.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:46 PM
Quick dmc, youre slacking on that post count... add some illogical and out of context graphs or atleast some emojies...

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:47 PM
Spurtacular alt, quick help dmc. Come out from hiding...

tholdren
05-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Dmc dmc dmc graph please

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 08:23 PM

Baseline metabolism drops as you get older. Nobody said activity doesn't increase metabolism. You're just not very smart.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 09:28 PM
Baseline metabolism drops as you get older. Nobody said activity doesn't increase metabolism. You're just not very smart.

Why do you think it drops?.... oh because of decreased activity? You have no background in this, just like DMC, so just apologize and go away.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 09:34 PM
The internet message board, where all fit and healthy humans hang out, is giving lessons on cell function. Even more stunning these nuggets of fitness knowledge come live to you from san antonio with emojies so you know its fact.

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 09:42 PM
Why do you think it drops?.... oh because of decreased activity? You have no background in this, just like DMC, so just apologize and go away.

So, you think there's a cultural epidemic all around the world that makes kids have higher metabolism and be more spry? You're just not very smart.

Joseph Kony
05-13-2018, 10:02 PM
triggered faggot melting down hardcore :lmao

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:03 PM
So, you think there's a cultural epidemic all around the world that makes kids have higher metabolism and be more spry? You're just not very smart.

Lol. Yep its called activity....

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:04 PM
triggered faggot melting down hardcore :lmao

Namecalling emojies... who needs science when the earth is flat?

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:08 PM

Lol look how crazy you took this. You have no knowledge about nutrition or physiology yet here you are....

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 10:11 PM
Lol look how crazy you took this. You have no knowledge about nutrition or physiology yet here you are....

I've said nothing that could lead you to that conclusion other than disagreeing with your dumbfuck conclusion that aging doesn't cause metabolism to slow down.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:19 PM
I've said nothing that could lead you to that conclusion other than disagreeing with your dumbfuck conclusion that aging doesn't cause metabolism to slow down.

Your responses have all allowed me to conclude this. And im correct. You stated that a person cannot maintain optimal fitness due to metabolic rate decreasing w age. Thats not correct. MR decreases due to decrease activity and lean muscle mass decrease. This does not HAVE to occur simply because of age. When you age you typically decrease physical activity therefoe losing mass slowing metab, but that is still absent of any nutritional influence. Metabolic Rate is the product, not the cause

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:25 PM
And before you stick your foot in your mouth again heres the kicker, you can build muscle at any stage of life. You probably should just not respond, because the profanity you used to describe science is sad. Go flat earth!

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:29 PM
My conclusion is just science. Read. It will help you

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 10:32 PM
Your responses have all allowed me to conclude this. And im correct. You stated that a person cannot maintain optimal fitness due to metabolic rate decreasing w age. Thats not correct.....

Not optimal. Exact fitness compared to someone younger. And not "a person" but a class of persons based on age. You're too stupid to even state the argument correctly.

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 10:32 PM
My conclusion is just pseudo science. Read. It sucks.

FIFY

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:33 PM
Not optimal. Exact fitness compared to someone younger. And not "a person" but a class of persons based on age. You're too stupid to even state the argument correctly.
Youre wrong either way.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:33 PM
FIFY

Mr is a direct result of lean muscle mass. Keep being sad

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 10:34 PM
I'm wrong either way.

FIFY

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:35 PM
FIFY

Thats the best you got after all that profanity? You got pwned and now just being funny?

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 10:36 PM
Mr is a direct result of lean muscle mass. Keep being sad

You are right about the benefits of nutrition and activity. But you're a complete dumbass when it comes to the mitigating factors brought on with age.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:37 PM
Go get dmc and find a graph together

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 10:38 PM
Go get dmc and find a graph together

And then you pretend that existing science as well as what is just plain obvious is not true? :lmao

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:39 PM
You are right about the benefits of nutrition and activity. But you're a complete dumbass when it comes to the mitigating factors brought on with age.

I dont accept your weak apology. I also said a majority of those who get older decrease their activity. Age is not the factor that decreases metabolism, its the decreased activity when aging.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:41 PM
And then you pretend that existing science as well as what is just plain obvious is not true? :lmao

There is nothing true about what you said. Is mr slower on avg as you age? Yes. But age is not why mr slows... older you get less you do weight training, majority. Not because you cannot but bc you dont. No gym you atrophy, you atrophy your bmr slows. That is the science.

tholdren
05-13-2018, 10:46 PM
If i stopped weightlifting now, did nothing 2 yrs, my mr would slow. Im also getting older each day. You could be thinking that my met rate is getting slower bc im getting older.. i start going to gym and build muscle. Each day i get older, but oh my the met rate is higher now than it was 2 years ago. ..... do you get the science?

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 11:33 PM
There is nothing true about what you said. Is mr slower on avg as you age? Yes. But age is not why mr slows... older you get less you do weight training, majority. Not because you cannot but bc you dont. No gym you atrophy, you atrophy your bmr slows. That is the science.

You obviously don't understand the concept of entropy, Ms. Science.

Spurtacular
05-13-2018, 11:34 PM
If i stopped weightlifting now, did nothing 2 yrs, my mr would slow. Im also getting older each day. You could be thinking that my met rate is getting slower bc im getting older.. i start going to gym and build muscle. Each day i get older, but oh my the met rate is higher now than it was 2 years ago. ..... do you get the science?

More than you, obviously. But if you've published a book let me know.

ceds
05-14-2018, 12:11 AM
The 2 worst posters on this site melting down @ each other :rollin

BackHome
05-14-2018, 09:38 AM
I actually find it very interesting please do continue with the debate

superbigtime
05-14-2018, 01:19 PM
I totally admire Tony's drive and competitive nature. I think he's going to give it everything he's got and he has something to prove still. I totally want to keep him for continuity and depth. Just no more absurd contracts to over the hill players.

cd98
05-14-2018, 02:06 PM
First time I've ever though the Spurs would let Tony walk. I guess it kind of depends on how much he wants and what he can do after an extra year to rehab.

SpursforSix
05-14-2018, 02:20 PM
Denial ain't a river in Egypt honey
mmmm hmmmmm

https://i.imgflip.com/7c71j.jpg?a423912

Ginobilly
05-14-2018, 05:20 PM
Tholdren: " if you just lift more bro and eat right you could play into your 50's or forever". :lmao
Tell that to the dead people who have died throughtout history. If they just lifted more and done more cardio and increased v02 max they could of lived and had a 42 inch vertical bro.:cry

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-14-2018, 06:16 PM
Porky knows how to wheel and deal Drunkford and co. for nice big checks. He's not going anywhere sadly tbqh

tholdren
05-14-2018, 06:24 PM
Tholdren: " if you just lift more bro and eat right you could play into your 50's or forever". :lmao
Tell that to the dead people who have died throughtout history. If they just lifted more and done more cardio and increased v02 max they could of lived and had a 42 inch vertical bro.:cry

I doubt you could play forever. Tell that to the dead people who died throughout history....? Cardio and vo2 max would have little to do with vert as compared to rfd

tholdren
05-14-2018, 06:35 PM
More than you, obviously. But if you've published a book let me know.
Muscle mass is majotrity of what determines rmr. Thats science. You lost

tholdren
05-15-2018, 06:14 PM
Metabolism

dbreiden83080
05-15-2018, 07:25 PM
I don’t understand why he wants to keep playing? He is way past his prime. It can’t be too much fun for him anymore to be out on the court. He used to be up and down the court with great legs and the ability to get to the basket. He has no legs anymore and basically can’t score. He is not going to be a starter on any team. He’s going to make very little money. What is the point of continuing on? You had a great career. You are going to the Hall of Fame. Retire.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2018, 07:29 PM

Tim was 6”11 With great fundamentals and also incredible basketball IQ. Tony is Maybe 6-1.. He relied on his speed for the most of his career. His jumpshot got better and better but he was never a great shooter. Hell when he was 19 years old it was practically a brick every time he put the ball up. So he improved from flat out awful to be decent. Never a point guard that could really shoot the three. At this point in the NBA your point guard has to flat out score the ball. He could do that at his peak. No more. He was also never a great passer. What skills does he have at this point anymore to really offer anyone? I see nothing from him at all at this point to indicate he should still be playing in the NBA.

tholdren
05-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Tim was 6”11 With great fundamentals and also incredible basketball IQ. Tony is Maybe 6-1.. He relied on his speed for the most of his career. His jumpshot got better and better but he was never a great shooter. Hell when he was 19 years old it was practically a brick every time he put the ball up. So he improved from flat out awful to be decent. Never a point guard that could really shoot the three. At this point in the NBA your point guard has to flat out score the ball. He could do that at his peak. No more. He was also never a great passer. What skills does he have at this point anymore to really offer anyone? I see nothing from him at all at this point to indicate he should still be playing in the NBA.

Hes crafty in the paint. If he loses fat and adds some muscle hed be good to go.

Leetonidas
05-15-2018, 07:46 PM
The 2 worst posters on this site melting down @ each other :rollin

:lmao tbh

tholdren
05-15-2018, 08:24 PM

So dumb he cant even respond with words. Read

AFBlue
05-15-2018, 09:09 PM

I think if he focused more on being an outside shooter, he can be an effective scorer. Jason Kidd became an efficient 3pt shooter in his later years, and Tony has been solid from deep in the recent past. It just comes down to him mentally accepting his new role, adjusting his game to suit and getting his body right physically.

tholdren
05-16-2018, 08:01 PM
America is unhealthy because they are too old. And that means your metabolism is bad

ceds
05-16-2018, 08:08 PM
America is unhealthy because they are too old. And that means your metabolism is bad

Just admit your a fatass like most other Americans

tholdren
05-16-2018, 08:09 PM
Just admit your a fatass like most other Americans

Sorry, cant be. I have a job that requires me to stay healthy

ceds
05-16-2018, 08:11 PM
Sorry, cant be. I have a job that requires me to stay healthy

super size me

Dont believe you have a job either

tholdren
05-16-2018, 08:15 PM
super size me

Dont believe you have a job either

Doesnt matter what you believe. Only that you had nothing to add to the original debate. Sad

ceds
05-16-2018, 08:16 PM
Doesnt matter what you believe. Only that you had nothing to add to the original debate. Sad

Debate?

watching you and the jimmer mormon meltdown @ each other is good comic relief.

carry on......

tholdren
05-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Debate?

watching you and the jimmer mormon meltdown @ each other is good comic relief.

carry on......

Sad... here for attention. Atleast he tried to defend his side. Completely illogical, but you have no position, so it makes you look even more dumb than spurtacular

Gagnrath
05-17-2018, 06:44 AM
After about 25-27 this is true however, with good diet nutrition exercise and rest you can cruise pretty close to that peak untill between 45-50 it varies a good bit depending on genetics. Yes there is a drop off but if you do it right and take care of yourself it's fairly small. Rehabilitation and recovery after exertion are slower, but generally as a person you can pretty close to peak condition. That said there is also a very real fall off that begins to occur if you aren't taking care of yourself.

HarlemHeat37
05-17-2018, 07:06 AM
After about 25-27 this is true however, with good diet nutrition exercise and rest you can cruise pretty close to that peak untill between 45-50 it varies a good bit depending on genetics. Yes there is a drop off but if you do it right and take care of yourself it's fairly small. Rehabilitation and recovery after exertion are slower, but generally as a person you can pretty close to peak condition. That said there is also a very real fall off that begins to occur if you aren't taking care of yourself.

45-50 is hyperbole, bro..I agree that a human can definitely maintain an athletic lifestyle to that age, but nowhere near peak..

I agree with tholdren that humans generally lose interest and desire to stay in shape as they age, but it's literally a fact that the body slows down in every way past 30, I don't know how that can be denied:lol typical..

I've steadily went to the gym my entire life, still to this day, as well as juiced and my body has 100% slowed down as I'm nearing 30..I can buy that some of that is due to the rigors of adult life, but post-workout recovery and fighting shitty metabolism is unquestionably more difficult with age..

I'll definitely do another cycle when I turn 30, though, probably test+anavar:lol I don't know why there's a stigma surrounding PEDs at any level, humans should be encouraged to maximize their physical performance..making it more acceptable in society would help decrease deaths, too IMO..

Othyus Lalanne
05-17-2018, 08:10 AM
45-50 is hyperbole, bro..I agree that a human can definitely maintain an athletic lifestyle to that age, but nowhere near peak..

I agree with tholdren that humans generally lose interest and desire to stay in shape as they age, but it's literally a fact that the body slows down in every way past 30, I don't know how that can be denied:lol typical..

I've steadily went to the gym my entire life, still to this day, as well as juiced and my body has 100% slowed down as I'm nearing 30..I can buy that some of that is due to the rigors of adult life, but post-workout recovery and fighting shitty metabolism is unquestionably more difficult with age..

I'll definitely do another cycle when I turn 30, though, probably test+anavar:lol I don't know why there's a stigma surrounding PEDs at any level, humans should be encouraged to maximize their physical performance..making it more acceptable in society would help decrease deaths, too IMO..
if you said J Simmons is 20 and not close to 30 i would agree.

Play Boban
05-17-2018, 08:56 AM

They're all doping though. The NBA is a league built on drugs.

Ginobilly
05-17-2018, 10:14 AM
They're all doping though. The NBA is a league built on drugs.

Almost all the best players in high school and college are already on gear in every major sport. If they make it to the big leagues they have money for better roids.

Ginobilly
05-17-2018, 10:23 AM

Arent you afraid of damaging your body with test thats not natural? Steroids, hgh, peds have been linked to heart attacks, testicular cancer, liver tumors, strokes,etc.

What's the point of average people putting on unatural strength and muscle? Unless your a wrestler, bodybuilder or you make your money in sports. Its not worth ruining your health for vanity reasons.

Do it after 50 when you really do feel your test has lowered down significantly. 40-50 is still too young imo. My brother is around that age is still fucks everyday and works like any other young guy.

Play Boban
05-17-2018, 10:33 AM
Almost all the best players in high school and college are already on gear in every major sport. If they make it to the big leagues they have money for better roids.
Troof bomb.

tholdren
05-17-2018, 05:28 PM

Youre dumb. It doesnt. Im twice your age and i can still squat and deadlift for reps in the upper 400s

Leetonidas
05-17-2018, 05:57 PM
No you can't :lmao

koriwhat
05-17-2018, 06:03 PM
Youre dumb. It doesnt. Im twice your age and i can still squat and deadlift for reps in the upper 400s

no wonder harlemho is a dipshit. all that juicing lmao

tholdren
05-17-2018, 07:41 PM
No you can't :lmao

Wager?

Leetonidas
05-17-2018, 07:57 PM
:lmao Avante pt 2

tholdren
05-17-2018, 08:15 PM
:lmao Avante pt 2

Sad. Emojies being used by teens with 20k forum posts. Must be good life

Leetonidas
05-17-2018, 08:17 PM
60 year old dude trying to make bets online about how much he can lift :lmao how fucking sad and pathetic is that

Leetonidas
05-17-2018, 08:17 PM
And I'm 28 you fat fuck :lol

tholdren
05-17-2018, 08:18 PM
60 year old dude trying to make bets online about how much he can lift :lmao how fucking sad and pathetic is that

Booo hooo.... proven wrong and weaker than a 60 year old... mmmmeelllllltttttt ddooooownnnnn

tholdren
05-17-2018, 08:19 PM
And I'm 28 you fat fuck :lol

Mmeeeeeellllllltttiiinnnnggggg doooowwnnnnn and weaker than a senior citizen.... your metabolism must be slow..... 28 and on a nba forum...???? Sad

Leetonidas
05-17-2018, 08:20 PM

tholdren
05-17-2018, 08:21 PM

Continuing to respond.... youre not too difficult to trigger. Man thats sad I get you so angry

Leetonidas
05-17-2018, 08:22 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

tholdren
05-17-2018, 08:24 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

My taxes = your emoji fullfillment

Youre welcome

tholdren
05-17-2018, 10:10 PM

Lololololololol too dumb to read

tholdren
05-18-2018, 04:18 PM
Dont lift weights past 30. You scientifically cant get stronger - leetonidas

tholdren
05-18-2018, 06:57 PM
Leetonidas

Leetonidas
05-18-2018, 07:19 PM
Get off my dick old faggot

tholdren
05-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Get off my dick old faggot

Arent you big and tough with your mean and nasty names and your emojis.... wow. But still too dumb to comment on science... sad. And weak... 20k posts. What a waste

Leetonidas
05-18-2018, 07:25 PM
I've been on this forum since 2005 and you registered six years later and have half the posts I do :lmao old faggot can't even do math over here talking about how 36 year old TP would be the same as 21 year old TP if he just lifted more and dieted :lmao

Anyway enjoy thinking about me on your Friday night. I got better shit to do then talk to some retarded 60 year old fat fuck who is prolly gonna die in five years anyway tbh

tholdren
05-18-2018, 07:27 PM
I've been on this forum since 2005 and you registered six years later and have half the posts I do :lmao old faggot can't even do math over here talking about how 36 year old TP would be the same as 21 year old TP if he just lifted more and dieted :lmao

Anyway enjoy thinking about me on your Friday night. I got better shit to do then talk to some retarded 60 year old fat fuck who is prolly gonna die in five years anyway tbh

AND THAT FOLKS..... IS ..... A..... MELTDOWN!!!!!

Joseph Kony
05-18-2018, 07:32 PM
AND THAT FOLKS..... IS ..... A..... MELTDOWN!!!!!
only one thats melting down (in multiple threads tooo lmao) is you tbh

tholdren
05-18-2018, 07:35 PM
i dont understand science

Joseph Kony
05-18-2018, 07:36 PM
neat, the fake quote schtick. super fresh :tu

tholdren
05-18-2018, 07:39 PM
hey guys look at my new word superfresh

tholdren
05-18-2018, 08:17 PM
Leroytonidas and joseph koner dont have jobs

ElNono
05-19-2018, 05:56 AM
post count smack: check
change quotes: check
Fabbs nicknames: check
back to back posts an hour apart, pretending not to care: check

:lol keep trying, in 10-15 years you might graduate as a troll on the interwebs, tbh...

tholdren
05-19-2018, 08:10 AM
post count smack: check
change quotes: check
Fabbs nicknames: check
back to back posts an hour apart, pretending not to care: check

:lol keep trying, in 10-15 years you might graduate as a troll on the interwebs, tbh...

Mmmmmmmeeellltttt dddooowwnnnn 120k is an awful lot ofbb posts. Checkmate

tholdren
05-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Wonder why kids are obese.... they arent old so their metabolism is at an all time high. Lol scientists on spurstalk

spurs1990
05-19-2018, 12:03 PM
Think of the extra miles Parker accumulated from his international competition. Duncan didn't do that and Manu came to the league at 25 and generally averaged less mpg than Parker.

I don't have a problem with his presence as long as his PT is assigned according to his play level and the contract doesn't hinder signings of other roster spots.

It would be an awkward feeling for him to sport a different jersey but if he wants to either cash out or get more minutes then looks like we'll see him play in At&t with an opponent jersey on.

tholdren
05-19-2018, 12:07 PM
Think of the extra miles Parker accumulated from his international competition. Duncan didn't do that and Manu came to the league at 25 and generally averaged less mpg than Parker.

I don't have a problem with his presence as long as his PT is assigned according to his play level and the contract doesn't hinder signings of other roster spots.

It would be an awkward feeling for him to sport a different jersey but if he wants to either cash out or get more minutes then looks like we'll see him play in At&t with an opponent jersey on.

The extra play only helped parker. Hes a known slacker in the gym and eats hinself out of shape regularly.

tholdren
05-19-2018, 03:34 PM
Spurtacular doesnt believe in cellular function

Spurtacular
05-19-2018, 06:44 PM
Spurtacular doesnt believe in cellular function

Bro, I checked out of this argument like a week ago; and you're still triggered. :lol

tholdren
05-19-2018, 07:42 PM
Bro, I checked out of this argument like a week ago; and you're still triggered. :lol
Yet youre still responding? Really checked out. Youre still dumb and wrong. And bothered that i keep reminding you how wrong you are.... sad... no childhood obesity because metabolism is at all time high.... lol

Spurtacular
05-19-2018, 07:46 PM
Yet youre still responding? Really checked out. Youre still dumb and wrong. And bothered that i keep reminding you how wrong you are.... sad... no childhood obesity because metabolism is at all time high.... lol

You directly addressed me, and I responded. Fuck you're dumb. :lol

tholdren
05-19-2018, 07:52 PM
You directly addressed me, and I responded. Fuck you're dumb. :lol

Youre still responding.... sad... still dumb. Your brain metabolism must be low scientist

tholdren
05-20-2018, 05:16 PM
Kawhi needs more metabolism.... hes in his "prime" and has old man injury.... odd.....

tholdren
05-21-2018, 04:51 PM
El nono has no metabolism

Arcadian
05-22-2018, 07:52 PM
While the human body is incredibly resilient with more potential longevity than many people realize, the idea that "it's all in your head" is equally ridiculous. Free radicals cause damage at the sub-cellular level. You cannot merely will it away, nor can you completely prevent this process from occuring with any amount of diet and training...YET.

As the science of aging continues to advance, we just might be able to virtually stop the aging the process. But we're not there yet.

tholdren
05-31-2018, 07:06 AM
"They always kind of talked about the NBA prime is like 27 [until] like 31, 32. That's if you're lucky, you'll get to that point," James, 33, said Wednesday. "I don't know. I've just never really bought into that. I've never bought into a ceiling, either. You guys [in the media] talked about what's your ceiling, and I've always kind of told you guys that I don't really have a ceiling. I want to just try to maximize as much as I can and be as good as I can."

Lebron james

tholdren
05-31-2018, 03:22 PM
lebron just gave the definition of a ceiling

Poor analysis

Dex
05-31-2018, 04:38 PM
Ceilings are different for every player and every person.

What Lebron is doing is a testament to that.

What Duncan did is a testament to that.

Manu, to a lesser extent, has been a testament to that.

Parker...he never had a chance. His game was predicated on bursts of speed, and the jumper that he worked so hard to refine, has left him.

He's done as an NBA leader. He can be a follower and mentor, but only if he accepts the role.

tholdren
05-31-2018, 05:13 PM
Ceilings are different for every player and every person.

What Lebron is doing is a testament to that.

What Duncan did is a testament to that.

Manu, to a lesser extent, has been a testament to that.

Parker...he never had a chance. His game was predicated on bursts of speed, and the jumper that he worked so hard to refine, has left him.

He's done as an NBA leader. He can be a follower and mentor, but only if he accepts the role.

There is no such thing as ceiling

Dex
05-31-2018, 06:00 PM
There is no such thing as ceiling

There is, but it's not something that is really predictable. It's not a phenomenon; it's a statistic.

Every player has a ceiling: it's the point where they peaked in their career, and start their inevitable downslope. The point where they can no longer get any better than they currently are. Some players have higher ceilings than others...but they all have one.

Trying to act like everyone's ceiling is the same because of age, or position, or nationality...that's just stupid. That's just like trying to predict how long someone is going to live. There may be indicators, but I've seen healthy people die at 30 and people who don't give a shit live to 90.

MultiTroll
05-31-2018, 06:04 PM
^^ lets play some blues Mate.
https://elsewhere.scdn3.secure.raxcdn.com/images/v95000/articles/the-rolling-stones-2013-glastonbury-festival-35.jpg

Joseph Kony
05-31-2018, 06:11 PM
There is, but it's not something that is really predictable. It's not a phenomenon; it's a statistic.

Every player has a ceiling: it's the point where they peaked in their career, and start their inevitable downslope. The point where they can no longer get any better than they currently are. Some players have higher ceilings than others...but they all have one.

Trying to act like everyone's ceiling is the same because of age, or position, or nationality...that's just stupid. That's just like trying to predict how long someone is going to live. There may be indicators, but I've seen healthy people die at 30 and people who don't give a shit live to 90.

youre talking to a complete fucking moron, dont waste your time tbh

tholdren
05-31-2018, 08:35 PM

Your last part is why ceilings dont really exist. Its ever changing and infinite.

tholdren
05-31-2018, 08:36 PM
youre talking to a complete fucking moron, dont waste your time tbh

Wahhhhhhhhhhhh im a crier...... wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh