PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food restaurants not opening at their posted time

Silver&Black Warrior
05-12-2018, 07:07 AM
Hello Silver and Black brethren. As I continue to try to put this horrible season behind me and move forward with my summer I have come up upon a new trend that seems to be taking over these days. It's been happening for a few years now and I guess I just need my own place in cyberspace to vent.

I have yet to try the "Naked Egg Tacos" from Taco Bell. I work 2nd shift so getting up early enough to beat the 10:30 cutoff time is not always possible. This morning I happened to be awake and decided to head on out and try them before running some errands. The posted time at my local TB was 7am. I was already aware about the aforementioned trend so I kept my expectations low and thought that it might be about 7:15 before the doors or drive-thru opened. So I just relax and watch some youtube on my phone til then. At 7:15 I walk up to the door and the entrance is still locked. I get in the car and go to the drive-thru and still no response. It's 7:23 before I peel out of the lot in a fit of rage. This is something that never happened when I was a kid. If you went to any fast food place at their posted time, the most you ever had to wait was about 5 minutes and the person coming to open the door was working their ass off to get things ready to go. This is more ammunition that people are going to use against Millennials and their lack of life skills and this time it's justified. I am considered an "older millennial" so I usually try to defend this group but this is one time that I have to call them out. THESE PUNKS NEED TO GET OFF THERE FAT ASS AND DO THEIR JOB!!!!!! WORK DOES NOT START WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW THE PAY IS SHITTY, BUT YOU ARE BEING PAYED GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THE NEXT CREW THAT DOES THIS GETS ROLLED UP ON IN THE DRIVE-THRU AND BLASTED COMPTON STYLE!!!!!!!!!!

Blake
05-12-2018, 10:19 AM
:lol taco bell breakfast

Fabbs
05-12-2018, 10:34 AM
Hello Silver and Black brethren.THEIR JOB!!!!!! WORK DOES NOT START WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW THE PAY IS SHITTY, BUT YOU ARE BEING PAYED GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THE NEXT CREW THAT DOES THIS GETS ROLLED UP ON IN THE DRIVE-THRU AND BLASTED COMPTON STYLE!!!!!!!!!!
Would you be interested in going on a Dr. Phil ep to discuss this?
All expenses are paid.

Chris
05-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Just complain to corporate and they will send you free shit. I've had to complain to corporate maybe two times, and it was both warranted and worth it.

Ginobilly
05-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Lol taco bell white people mexicant food:lol

You live anywhere in the southwest, you have no excuse of not going to a real mexican mom n pop restaurant and order some real food like man. You order tacos de chicharrones n the red or green sauce and carne ala mexican. Wash it down with an agua fresca or horchata.

AaronY
05-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Figured this was a Fabbs thread

IronMexican
05-12-2018, 04:49 PM
I ordered a Venti frapp today, with two added shots. I got a Venti with just two shots. And they still charged me 7 bucks.

Avante
05-12-2018, 04:58 PM
We eat at a restaurant in Oildale (across a bridge from Bakersfield). there are pictures of the past owners with rassler Fred Blassie, country icons Hank Williams, Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, actors James Dean and Dennis Hopper. The place has been in the same location for decades, now the son and daughters own it. It's these family owned home cooking joints we search out****, they are on a whole other level than the chain Wendy's, Burger King, McDonalds, Carl's Jr's etc.

**** they hire family and those close to the family who really care about the success of the joint. Not a bunch of kid who don't give a shit.

Ginobilly
05-12-2018, 05:39 PM
We eat at a restaurant in Oildale (across a bridge from Bakersfield). there are pictures of the past owners with rassler Fred Blassie, country icons Hank Williams, Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, actors James Dean and Dennis Hopper. The place has been in the same location for decades, now the son and daughters own it. It's these family owned home cooking joints we search out****, they are on a whole other level than the chain Wendy's, Burger King, McDonalds, Carl's Jr's etc.

**** they hire family and those close to the family who really care about the success of the joint. Not a bunch of kid who don't give a shit.

Family owned joints is where you find the authentic culinary experience in a any small town or city. Everything is made from scratch, and very little to no preservatives are added. So the food tastes better and fresher.

Pavlov
05-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Avante has been to a restaurant.

Fascinating.

Avante
05-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Family owned joints is where you find the authentic culinary experience in a any small town or city. Everything is made from scratch, and very little to no preservatives are added. So the food tastes better and fresher.

And..........they get your order right.

Another thing is you see the same people there six monts down the road, not the constant turnover we see in the fast food joints where nobody wants to be there.

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Hello Silver and Black brethren. As I continue to try to put this horrible season behind me and move forward with my summer I have come up upon a new trend that seems to be taking over these days. It's been happening for a few years now and I guess I just need my own place in cyberspace to vent.

I have yet to try the "Naked Egg Tacos" from Taco Bell. I work 2nd shift so getting up early enough to beat the 10:30 cutoff time is not always possible. This morning I happened to be awake and decided to head on out and try them before running some errands. The posted time at my local TB was 7am. I was already aware about the aforementioned trend so I kept my expectations low and thought that it might be about 7:15 before the doors or drive-thru opened. So I just relax and watch some youtube on my phone til then. At 7:15 I walk up to the door and the entrance is still locked. I get in the car and go to the drive-thru and still no response. It's 7:23 before I peel out of the lot in a fit of rage. This is something that never happened when I was a kid. If you went to any fast food place at their posted time, the most you ever had to wait was about 5 minutes and the person coming to open the door was working their ass off to get things ready to go. This is more ammunition that people are going to use against Millennials and their lack of life skills and this time it's justified. I am considered an "older millennial" so I usually try to defend this group but this is one time that I have to call them out. THESE PUNKS NEED TO GET OFF THERE FAT ASS AND DO THEIR JOB!!!!!! WORK DOES NOT START WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW THE PAY IS SHITTY, BUT YOU ARE BEING PAYED GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THE NEXT CREW THAT DOES THIS GETS ROLLED UP ON IN THE DRIVE-THRU AND BLASTED COMPTON STYLE!!!!!!!!!!

Your rage is misplaced. Kids making minimum wage are understandably not on top of this. If you complained to corporate, their managers who are getting paid enough and/or looking to advance will get the message.

And this is a trend where I live, too; but I think about 9-11 minutes is the latest I've seen anyone go over.

Blake
05-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Your rage is misplaced. Kids making minimum wage are understandably not on top of this. If you complained to corporate, their managers who are getting paid enough and/or looking to advance will get the message.

We know your message

Would you like to eat my ass?

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 09:03 PM
We know your message

:lol Grudge posting unrelated stuff.

Tell me, what Everclear song did you wallow to after your wife cucked you?

Silver&Black Warrior
05-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Would you be interested in going on a Dr. Phil ep to discuss this?
All expenses are paid.

LOL!!!!!!! If it would make me feel better and at the same time help to stop this national trend then I would be all for it!!!

Silver&Black Warrior
05-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Just complain to corporate and they will send you free shit. I've had to complain to corporate maybe two times, and it was both warranted and worth it.

This is definitely what I'm going to do. I'm going to make my loss of 23 minutes count!!!!!

Silver&Black Warrior
05-12-2018, 09:53 PM

And this is a trend where I live, too; but I think about 9-11 minutes is the latest I've seen anyone go over.

You're right about this. But it upsets me that we even have to take this step now. But yeah their asses are getting snitched on.

Chucho
05-12-2018, 09:55 PM
We know your message

:lmao

SpursforSix
05-13-2018, 12:49 AM
Taco Bell is not on my list of places to be at 7AM.

SpursforSix
05-13-2018, 12:54 AM
But the other day, someone complained to corporate.

SpursforSix
05-13-2018, 12:55 AM
Fuck yo egg gordita

Xevious
05-13-2018, 05:45 AM
Encharita was the stage name of a mexican stripper I knew once.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-13-2018, 11:06 AM
The available workforce for fast food is shrinking and so a lot of sub-par workers get to keep their jobs just so the stores can staff warm bodies. It’s an issue restaurants are facing. There’s a lot of articles out there about it. Sucks for anyone owning this type of biz.

RGMCSE
05-13-2018, 08:02 PM
This is why I'm so happy I can cook my ass off. I know sometimes you just want to be lazy and have something made for you out of convenience. But its a rarity when I order take out and actually enjoy the food.

Chris
05-13-2018, 08:07 PM
I miss Taco Cabana tbh

Avante
05-13-2018, 08:10 PM
Look at this idiots, who fucking argues fast food joints, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~

Here's what ya do....

Bake two big potatoes. Ya beed butter, sour cream, chopped jalapeno peppers, chopped ham, the white cheese. Ya spread the butter/sour cream (salt, pepper) then add the chopped ham, peppers, toss the cheese over everything, now add some hot sauce, now 1 min in the microwave. Nothing in any fast food joint can compare. Ya can use this concoction it as a dip also.

Xevious
05-13-2018, 09:56 PM
Look at this idiots, who fucking argues fast food joints, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~

Here's what ya do....

Bake two big potatoes. Ya beed butter, sour cream, chopped jalapeno peppers, chopped ham, the white cheese. Ya spread the butter/sour cream (salt, pepper) then add the chopped ham, peppers, toss the cheese over everything, now add some hot sauce, now 1 min in the microwave. Nothing in any fast food joint can compare. Ya can use this concoction it as a dip also.
I bet that slop goes well with your scissor cut steak and waffle tbh.

RGMCSE
05-13-2018, 10:08 PM
I miss Taco Cabana tbh

Its trash now tbh.

Avante
05-13-2018, 10:09 PM
I bet that slop goes well with your scissor cut steak and waffle tbh.

No way in hell ya could have anything else with that concoction, very filling.

All the things ya can do with a potatoe.

Chris
05-13-2018, 10:11 PM
Its trash now tbh.

I believe you tbh :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
05-14-2018, 04:12 AM
I ordered a Venti frapp today, with two added shots. I got a Venti with just two shots. And they still charged me 7 bucks.

Starbucks is a ripoff.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-14-2018, 04:15 AM
Its trash now tbh.
Agreed

When I was a small kid and pre teen the tortillas were enormous and fluffy

When I was a teenager they were a bit smaller and oblong like Kotex pads

Now they're just cold little silver dollars

meh

Blake
05-14-2018, 08:11 AM
All the things ya can do with a potatoe.

The spurt school of spelling