PDA

View Full Version : “I feel like I’ve been tricked by the devil,” (re: foreign jobs cut)

InRareForm
05-12-2018, 12:28 PM
http://amp.kentucky.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/tom-eblen/article210676214.html

ducks
05-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Clinton would have been worse

spurraider21
05-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Clinton would have been tougher on immigration?

InRareForm
05-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Clinton would have been worse

?? Explain

Winehole23
05-12-2018, 05:52 PM
surely Ducks must mean things would have been worse with HRC, because landscapers would have had plenty of immigrant labor to hire, and would not be going out of business.

Will Hunting
05-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Some asshole who isn’t making as much money as he did when he could take advantage of foreign labor....pay more and you’ll be able to get american workers to do the job.

DMC
05-12-2018, 10:20 PM
So because a business cannot hire illegal workers it cannot operate? Oh the horror.

What the faggot means is "I want to take the lion's share of the profit, I have no real skills so I pull a trailer full of lawn equipment and use day labor"

ElNono
05-12-2018, 10:53 PM
So because a business cannot hire illegal workers it cannot operate? Oh the horror.

What the faggot means is "I want to take the lion's share of the profit, I have no real skills so I pull a trailer full of lawn equipment and use day labor"

According to the article in the OP, he was hiring foreign temp workers legally... apparently the issue is that even if paying the going rate for the shit job, no American wants to take it at this time... and the temp worker program is down.

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 10:57 PM
According to the article in the OP, he was hiring foreign temp workers legally... apparently the issue is that even if paying the going rate for the shit job, no American wants to take it at this time... and the temp worker program is down.

Supply and demand economics, bro. The "going rate" will be higher with time when you cut out the cheap labor force.

ElNono
05-12-2018, 11:04 PM
Supply and demand economics, bro. The "going rate" will be higher with time when you cut out the cheap labor force.

You don't have to explain that to me, tbh... however, it's not just salaries going up, but the price of the service too.

Plus, it's probably easier for the guy to find and pay illegals and pocket the difference.

At any rate, was just pointing out the article didn't mention illegals.

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 11:07 PM
You don't have to explain that to me, tbh... however, it's not just salaries going up, but the price of the service too.

Plus, it's probably easier for the guy to find and pay illegals and pocket the difference.

At any rate, was just pointing out the article didn't mention illegals.

It's a good question.

Why is he having a hard time finding $12 hr labor in Kentucky though? That seems like a liveable wage for that state, no?

ElNono
05-12-2018, 11:16 PM
It's a good question.

Why is he having a hard time finding $12 hr labor in Kentucky though? That seems like a liveable wage for that state, no?

It's probably the type of job, tbh... under the sun, long hours, all day...

Spurtacular
05-12-2018, 11:28 PM
It's probably the type of job, tbh... under the sun, long hours, all day...

Would it not be a great job for a college student looking for 25-30 hrs and more hrs in the summer?

ElNono
05-12-2018, 11:34 PM
Would it not be a great job for a college student looking for 25-30 hrs and more hrs in the summer?

I would tend to agree, but kids these days, they live with their parents until they're 30, tbh...

And the kids that really need the money, probably look for non-seasonal jobs with better job security...

Spurminator
05-12-2018, 11:54 PM
Good luck to any college student who can squeeze 25-30 hours of labor into his summer while still completing his mandatory unpaid internship, tbh.

DMC
05-13-2018, 12:41 AM

The "going rate" is skewed because of illegal labor working for peanuts.

DMC
05-13-2018, 12:46 AM
I did landscaping (euphemism for mowing lawns) as a summer job in HS. I worked all summer, and I swear I saw 10 or more grown ass fucking men walk off the job, get on a city bus and leave the mower going right where it was. People would work one week, get paid and you'd never see them again.

Now a good friend owns a landscaping company and he doesn't hire illegals. He's had the same people with him for years, he pays them well enough to keep them. They have work all year round. He's been able to purchase a 450K dollar home, has a 2nd home on 60 acres, has a 60K dollar boat, several vehicles and raises 2 kids (his wife helps). He's done all that with landscaping. Isn't going broke because of the visa shit.

DMX7
05-13-2018, 02:12 AM
Don't forget to blame Swamp Captain Mitch too!

Will Hunting
05-13-2018, 09:22 AM

:tu