PDA

View Full Version : California bill proposes to drop American holiday and replace it with this communist

Nathan89
05-14-2018, 08:32 AM
Miguel Santiago, a representative in California’s State Assembly, introduced legislation earlier this year that sought to replace Abraham Lincoln or George Washington’s birthday holidays with International Workers’ Day, a communist holiday also known as “May Day.”

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/05/12/california-bill-proposes-to-drop-american-holiday-and-replace-it-with-this-communist-celebration

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 08:34 AM
OUTRAGE

Nathan89
05-14-2018, 08:38 AM
https://a53.asmdc.org/sites/a53.asmdc.org/files/styles/image_320/public/page_images/santiago.jpg?itok=D1OvQdGB

We've infected our country with too many people from shit cultures tbh. They don't have respect for American values.

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 08:49 AM
https://a53.asmdc.org/sites/a53.asmdc.org/files/styles/image_320/public/page_images/santiago.jpg?itok=D1OvQdGB

We've infected our country with too many people from shit cultures tbh. They don't have respect for American values. Don't sugar coat your racism.

Othyus Lalanne
05-14-2018, 08:55 AM
Don't sugar coat your racism.

https://i.imgur.com/Q1US2CQ.gif

Blake
05-14-2018, 09:04 AM

We've infected our country with too many people from shit cultures tbh. They don't have respect for American values.

:cry muh Lincoln birthday holiday :cry

You're an idiot

Nathan89
05-14-2018, 09:16 AM
Don't sugar coat your racism.

I'm not really saying with certainty that is a factor here but across the board that will be the case. You can't import mass amounts of people with a different culture. So many that you don't even need to learn the dominant language of the country and not expect your country to start to resemble the shithole they came from. That is just a matter of time.

Nathan89
05-14-2018, 09:18 AM
:cry muh Lincoln birthday holiday :cry

You're an idiot

It's a far cry better than the replacement holiday. I don't really care about the Lincoln holiday.

Blake
05-14-2018, 09:22 AM
It's a far cry better than the replacement holiday. I don't really care about the Lincoln holiday.

What exactly is your problem with "May Day"?

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 09:22 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Q1US2CQ.gifIs this a new DMC shtick?

Othyus Lalanne
05-14-2018, 09:27 AM
Is this a new DMC shtick?

What the fuck is a DMC?

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 09:30 AM
I'm not really saying with certainty that is a factor here but across the board that will be the case. You can't import mass amounts of people with a different culture. So many that you don't even need to learn the dominant language of the country and not expect your country to start to resemble the shithole they came from. That is just a matter of time.What culture in this case?

rjv
cool.

Pavlov
What the fuck is a DMC?Confirmation enough for me.

Othyus Lalanne
05-14-2018, 09:40 AM
Confirmation enough for me.
Could you come up with something more weak?

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 09:40 AM
Could you come up with something more weak?What more do you need?

Othyus Lalanne
05-14-2018, 09:42 AM
What more do you need?
i will see more weakess shit from you no matter what.

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 09:42 AM
i will see more weakess shit from you no matter what.weakess?

Othyus Lalanne
05-14-2018, 09:43 AM
weakess?

You knwo what the fuck i meant.

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 09:45 AM
You knwo what the fuck i meant.knwo?

Othyus Lalanne
05-14-2018, 09:46 AM
knwo?

You do.

Trainwreck2100
05-14-2018, 09:49 AM
"American holiday", call me when we get that shit off, America devalued them when they rolled them into just one "President's day"

boutons_deux
05-14-2018, 09:56 AM
why not join the rest of the labor planet, aka "solidarity", and make May 1 the worker's holiday?

hilarious that you deplorables are, as dictated by the oligarcy/right wingnut hate media, still fearing/fighting communism, and fighting social democracy by confusing it with communism.

Blake
05-14-2018, 10:01 AM
America devalued them when they rolled them into just one "President's day"

Because they were so valuable before

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 10:02 AM
why not join the rest of the labor planet, aka "solidarity", and make May 1 the worker's holiday?That's Trump Loyalty Day.

boutons_deux
05-14-2018, 10:38 AM
That's Trump Loyalty Day.

ah right, so fuck American self-fellating Loyalty Day

"Despite some initial alarm on Twitter, Loyalty Day is not unique to President Trump. In fact, it's been around for decades.

In 1955 Congress passed a resolution designating May 1 of that year as Loyalty Day. It was the height of McCarthyism and an anti-Communist red scare in America. A Christian Science Monitor article from the time said the congressional resolution

was "aimed at off-setting Communist May Day rallies around the world."

Three years later, Congress weighed in again to make it an annual affair, "set aside as a special day for the reaffirmation of loyalty to the United States of American and for the recognition of the heritage of American freedom."

It called for president to sign a proclamation each year calling for the display of the American flag and inviting observances at schools and "other suitable places."

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/01/526384758/trump-proclaims-may-1-loyalty-day-so-did-every-president-going-back-to-eisenhowe (https://www.npr.org/2017/05/01/526384758/trump-proclaims-may-1-loyalty-day-so-did-every-president-going-back-to-eisenhowe)

America right the top for World Champion Self-Deluding Nation

"freedom"? 50M poor people on or near public assistance? how "free" is anyone in poverty?

America is fucked and unfuckable, and the oligarchy/Repugs are relentlessly fucking the lower 89% harder, wider, deeper, irreversibly.

spurraider21
05-14-2018, 11:07 AM
yes. america is turning communist because mexicans. thanks for the heads up op

Nathan89
05-14-2018, 11:24 AM
Mexicans with disdain for America, limited opportunity due to an abundance of low skilled illegals and legal immigrants, and lower iq level. Bombard them with your big government solutions and just like that we have turned the country into a shithole.

spurraider21
05-14-2018, 11:25 AM
:lol iq level

Nathan89
05-14-2018, 11:42 AM
Unpopular to discuss but even after multiple generations in America the average iq of Hispanics is only about 92. One hypothesis is there is so many of them they don't have to integrate. Another is tied to financial opportunity which handicapped by the ever increasing amount of low skilled workers in era with less demand then the past. Another is the genetic factor. Regardless it's a factor.

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 11:48 AM
Unpopular to discuss but even after multiple generations in America the average iq of Hispanics is only about 92. One hypothesis is there is so many of them they don't have to integrate. Another is tied to financial opportunity which handicapped by the ever increasing amount of low skilled workers in era with less demand then the past. Another is the genetic factor. Regardless it's a factor.What genetic factor?

Blake
05-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Unpopular to discuss but even after multiple generations in America the average iq of Hispanics is only about 92. One hypothesis is there is so many of them they don't have to integrate. Another is tied to financial opportunity which handicapped by the ever increasing amount of low skilled workers in era with less demand then the past. Another is the genetic factor. Regardless it's a factor.

And to top it off we want to observe a new communist holiday!

Op is weird.

Chris
05-14-2018, 11:55 AM
We should thank California for being the blueprint for Liberal lunacy. Something we can point to as the low bar for improvement. We should also thank them for our growing Conservative base due to their ineptitude.

rjv
05-14-2018, 12:04 PM
What genetic factor?

a troll apes a new spin on decades old attempts at social darwinism using lethargic stats with no baseline (what is the average American IQ-98 by the way, how are the tests given, are there cultural biases. etc.?) and you want him to discuss genetic factors (when research to date, has only isolated about 5% of the genetic pathways linked to intelligence)? good luck with that.

Blake
05-14-2018, 12:04 PM
We should thank California for being the blueprint for Liberal lunacy. Something we can point to as the low bar for improvement. We should also thank them for our growing Conservative base due to their ineptitude.

No, Trump is the one that keeps lowering the bar

Nathan89
05-14-2018, 12:05 PM
What genetic factor?

Hypothesis of difference in genes. It's not a certainty. White Americans saw tremendous iq growth throughout the 20th century. We should lock low skilled immigration down and get rid of illegals. Give legal Americans a chance to integrate and better financial opportunity.

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 12:06 PM
Hypothesis of difference in genes. It's not a certainty. White Americans saw tremendous iq growth throughout the 20th century. We should lock low skilled immigration down and get rid of illegals. Give legal Americans a chance to integrate and better financial opportunity.lol the genetic factor

Nathan89
05-14-2018, 12:12 PM
I'm not saying there is certainly a genetic factor. If you don't think there is a difference currently then it pointless to discuss. However if you do think there is a difference then genetic or not the best path forward is to control illegals and restrict low skilled immigrants for awhile.

spurraider21
05-14-2018, 12:12 PM
going from nationalism to racial genetic superiority :lol

Nathan89
05-14-2018, 12:15 PM
White people don't have the highest iq either.

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 12:17 PM
I'm not saying there is certainly a genetic factor. If you don't think there is a difference currently then it pointless to discuss. However if you do think there is a difference then genetic or not the best path forward is to control illegals and restrict low skilled immigrants for awhile.Until you can find a way to raise their average IQ through your genetics?

Blake
05-14-2018, 12:18 PM
Hypothesis of difference in genes. It's not a certainty. White Americans saw tremendous iq growth throughout the 20th century. We should lock low skilled immigration down and get rid of illegals. Give legal Americans a chance to integrate and better financial opportunity.

You lost a job to a low skilled immigrant?

spurraider21
05-14-2018, 12:20 PM
http://cis.org/sites/cis.org/files/schrodingers%20immigrant.jpg

rjv
05-14-2018, 12:27 PM

pretty much the standard fare of the alt-right at the moment. that is, the racism du jour is the atavistic "scientific racism" which was resuscitated by nicholas wade. another favorite piece of "scientific" literature is 'the bell curve". scientific research has yet to provide any evidence for any significant cognitive advances in humans since human migration from africa and yet alt-right logic is trying to push this notion that genetics and an unwillingness to assimilate are retarding the intelligence of immigrants and impoverished persons of color.

rjv
05-14-2018, 12:28 PM
http://cis.org/sites/cis.org/files/schrodingers%20immigrant.jpg

:lol

Nathan89
05-14-2018, 12:51 PM
pretty much the standard fare of the alt-right at the moment. that is, the racism du jour is the atavistic "scientific racism" which was resuscitated by nicholas wade. another favorite piece of "scientific" literature is 'the bell curve". scientific research has yet to provide any evidence for any significant cognitive advances in humans since human migration from africa and yet alt-right logic is trying to push this notion that genetics and an unwillingness to assimilate are retarding the intelligence of immigrants and impoverished persons of color.

So there is currently no iq gap?

Blake
05-14-2018, 12:57 PM

You want smart people digging ditches?

Or did you lose your job to a low IQ immigrant?

I don't get your gripe

Othyus Lalanne
05-14-2018, 01:12 PM

Aren't the so called liberals increasingly conservative in a very leftist way?

SpursforSix
05-14-2018, 01:14 PM

You need to back up the 92 number if you're gonna throw it out there.

Blake
05-14-2018, 01:15 PM

And why it's relevant to anything

rjv
05-14-2018, 01:20 PM

the object being scrutinized here isn't the 'tautology'; it's the inference being made from such 'fact'. in other words, if your assertion regarding IQ gaps is trying to prove something other than its own truth then it's just circular reasoning.

RandomGuy
05-14-2018, 02:46 PM

So who gets to be the arbiter of what is shit/non shit? You?

Lol "infected"

(knocks "respect" peg down about ten notches)

RandomGuy
05-14-2018, 02:48 PM
White people don't have the highest iq either.

LOL "IQ" tests mean something

(knocks the respect peg down another 5 notches)

Ok, well at least I know not to treat your shit ideas with any seriousness now.

RandomGuy
05-14-2018, 02:51 PM

Even if true, he would have to show that IQ scores are actually related to underlying intelligence as opposed to being in no small part cultural.

So many underlying bullshit assumptions, so little time. :rollin

SpursforSix
05-14-2018, 02:54 PM
Even if true, he would have to show that IQ scores are actually related to underlying intelligence as opposed to being in no small part cultural.

So many underlying bullshit assumptions, so little time. :rollin

One step at a time. I'd just like to see whatever study resulted in an average IQ for Hispanics as "about 92".

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 02:59 PM
If it's the same stuff I saw on some blog, they took the mean from about four studies done up to fifty years ago.

lol

Winehole23
05-14-2018, 03:14 PM
The IQ gap has narrowed considerably since then.

100 years ago, Ashkenazi Jews scored lower than average on IQ tests.

Blake
05-14-2018, 03:16 PM
I wonder if Nathan's IQ is 89.

Chris
05-14-2018, 03:19 PM
100 years ago Dances with Beavers scored lower than average on his archery and arrow assembly exam.

Blake
05-14-2018, 03:22 PM
I bet Chris has never danced with a beaver

rjv
05-14-2018, 03:28 PM
I bet Chris has never danced with a beaver

:lol

Chris
05-14-2018, 03:31 PM
Blake thinking about other men being with women. A true cuckold.

Pavlov
05-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Blake thinking about other men being with women. A true cuckold.Actually he was thinking of your not ever being with a woman, racist Chris.

Winehole23
05-14-2018, 03:42 PM
100 years ago Dances with Beavers scored lower than average on his archery and arrow assembly exam.IQ scores tend to rise over time across all groups.

What's up with that?

Chris
05-14-2018, 03:56 PM
IQ scores tend to rise over time across all groups.

What's up with that?

I would imagine the qualifications based purely on speculation. Americans aren't anywhere close to being as smart as they were in 1776. Understanding of the English language being first and foremost.

Blake
05-14-2018, 03:58 PM
Americans aren't anywhere close to being as smart as they were in 1776.

:lol :lol dumbest thing I've read today amongst a large number of dumb things

Chris
05-14-2018, 03:59 PM
:lol :lol dumbest thing I've read today amongst a large number of dumb things

That's because you set the low bar, and inadvertently back up up my hypothesis. You cretin.

AaronY
05-14-2018, 04:05 PM
How about the IQ of Trump supporters?

http://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2016/09/FT_16.09.14_educationalDivide.png

http://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2016/09/FT_16.09.14_educationGap_democratic.png

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/09/15/educational-divide-in-vote-preferences-on-track-to-be-wider-than-in-recent-elections/

AaronY
05-14-2018, 04:06 PM
Trump winning the high school dropout vote by 39 points. Gee I wonder what thats about :lol

Blake
05-14-2018, 04:21 PM
That's because you set the low bar, and inadvertently back up up my hypothesis. You cretin.

It's because you're way too lazy and stupid to actually research your thought before you post it.

But I might agree that the average American woman from 1776 was probably smarter than you.

RandomGuy
05-14-2018, 05:25 PM
Trump winning the high school dropout vote by 39 points. Gee I wonder what thats about :lol

It is the overall conservative war on science, and decades of railing against "elitists". The chickens have come home to roost.

It is a self-feeding cycle. Uneducated people pushing policies based on some sort of ignorance (abstinence only sex-ed, climate change denial, etc) and railing against those who have enough education to tell them they are wrong.

Ignorance begets distrust of education, distrust of education begets more ignorance.

RandomGuy
05-14-2018, 05:28 PM
One step at a time. I'd just like to see whatever study resulted in an average IQ for Hispanics as "about 92".

Me too.
FWIW, Adam Ruins everything: IQ tests are deeply biased, controversial tools that might not predict our intelligence at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3oUqKUx2o0

AaronY
05-14-2018, 05:52 PM
They've insulated themselves with the insanely flattering answer that colleges turn the smart people against them and the only the stupidest dropouts can see through the trickery.

Honestly, it was not this bad for Romney etc but with Trump and even in the Republican primaries where he struggled most among Republicans with a college degree his performance is best among the "poorly educated" as he calls them (talk about a B.S. politically correct phrase)

ElNono
05-15-2018, 05:00 AM
I'm not really saying with certainty that is a factor here but across the board that will be the case. You can't import mass amounts of people with a different culture. So many that you don't even need to learn the dominant language of the country and not expect your country to start to resemble the shithole they came from. That is just a matter of time.

How much time? America was basically built by people from different cultures, some people fleeing world wars that didn't speak even a bit of English.

Prognostication is easy, but history isn't really on your side.

ElNono
05-15-2018, 05:03 AM

If we measure success by production/money, an American classic, California is and has been the best state in the union for a long while now...

ElNono
05-15-2018, 05:09 AM

:lol hate to pull a Godwin, but how do you really go from a Bernie Bro to a full blown Nazi in like 2 years? 5 years?

Befuddling, tbh...

Spurminator
05-15-2018, 09:26 AM
:lol hate to pull a Godwin, but how do you really go from a Bernie Bro to a full blown Nazi in like 2 years? 5 years?

Befuddling, tbh...

Desperation to belong to something. These people can't think for themselves, they find the club they want to belong to and repeat the platform. :cheer

rjv
05-15-2018, 09:43 AM

Befuddling, tbh...

maybe he comes from bad genes.

Nathan89
05-15-2018, 09:45 AM
How much time? America was basically built by people from different cultures, some people fleeing world wars that didn't speak even a bit of English.

Prognostication is easy, but history isn't really on your side.

It was built from many different cultures. Now it's being built overwhelmingly from one country and there is no sign of that changing.

Nathan89
05-15-2018, 09:53 AM
You guys are pathetic acting like I definitely attributed iq to genetics. It's merely a possibility. Therefore a risk. If it takes generations to change and a potential other factor being economic opportunity then perhaps we should stop handicapping the market with a surplus of low skilled workers. Especially in an era of automation where the problem can quickly get much worse.

Nathan89
05-15-2018, 09:58 AM
Just to offer a little counter balance on the matter in WW2 black and white Americans had kids with German women and the iq of those from what I read was basically identical.

Blake
05-15-2018, 09:58 AM
You guys are pathetic acting like I definitely attributed iq to genetics. It's merely a possibility. Therefore a risk. If it takes generations to change and a potential other factor being economic opportunity then perhaps we should stop handicapping the market with a surplus of low skilled workers. Especially in an era of automation where the problem can quickly get much worse.

So you want a high skilled ditch digger

Nathan89
05-15-2018, 10:11 AM
You want smart people digging ditches?

Or did you lose your job to a low IQ immigrant?

I don't get your gripe

We don't need more low skilled workers. We have a surplus and continuously adding more it detrimental to current Americans. Prioritizing illegals is especially egregious way to serve the American people.

Blake
05-15-2018, 10:17 AM
We don't need more low skilled workers. We have a surplus and continuously adding more it detrimental to current Americans. Prioritizing illegals is especially egregious way to serve the American people.

You'll have to say what part of the workforce is lacking in properly skilled workers and how this will ultimately send our sociey plummeting in a downward spiral of doom.

Nathan89
05-15-2018, 10:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRw5mG9sT6o

Unprecedented levels of immigration. Overwhelmingly from a concentrated location for decades now which is also unprecedented.

The counter to that is not "do you want smart ditch diggers".

Nathan89
05-15-2018, 10:29 AM
You'll have to say what part of the workforce is lacking in properly skilled workers and how this will ultimately send our sociey plummeting in a downward spiral of doom.

They are detrimental to poor Americans because they lower their wages. That's enough of a reason. If we have to tax the skilled/rich excessively to take care of a surplus of low skilled workers the US will be hindered.

boutons_deux
05-15-2018, 10:34 AM
"They are detrimental to poor Americans because they lower their wages."

Even if that dubious, hilarious bullshit were true, the oligarchy has lowered non-poor wages, stagnant real household income, for 40 years.

Blake
05-15-2018, 10:42 AM
They are detrimental to poor Americans because they lower their wages. That's enough of a reason. If we have to tax the skilled/rich excessively to take care of a surplus of low skilled workers the US will be hindered.

Oh a vague generality. Neat.

Blake
05-15-2018, 10:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRw5mG9sT6o

Unprecedented levels of immigration. Overwhelmingly from a concentrated location for decades now which is also unprecedented.

The counter to that is not "do you want smart ditch diggers".

I'm not trying to counter. It's your soapbox. You've got my attention. I'm trying to ask you for a specific example regarding your claim. You'd rather monologue in vagueness.

boutons_deux
05-15-2018, 10:47 AM
Maryland's Trump country wants its seasonal workers back (http://theweek.com/speedreads/773309/marylands-trump-country-wants-seasonal-workers-back)

The crabbing industry in Hoopers Island, Maryland, has been decimated by the Trump administration's visa caps, NBC News (https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-s-visa-changes-are-clawing-famous-crab-town-they-n874041) reported Tuesday.

Hoopers Island lies in a county that overwhelmingly voted for President Trump,

but now that peak crabbing season has begun,

locals are disappointed :lol that new policies have negatively affected small businesses.

The Trump administration this year restricted H-2B visas, which allow seasonal employees to come from abroad with temporary work authorization.

On Hoopers Island, 40 percent of the H-2B visas have vanished, leaving crabbing businesses without much-needed labor.
In past years, the town would receive 500 visas, many of which would go to Mexican women who would come pick crab meat during the busy season.

This year, only 300 were approved, leaving the entire supply chain in flux.

Without enough crab pickers, some business have shut down,

reports NBC News (https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-s-visa-changes-are-clawing-famous-crab-town-they-n874041).

Locals say they can't find any Americans willing to do the job,

and say the important industry is suffering due to the restrictions.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/773309/marylands-trump-country-wants-seasonal-workers-back (http://theweek.com/speedreads/773309/marylands-trump-country-wants-seasonal-workers-back)

As happens every time Repugs redluce, shut off foreign labor, US businesses are hurt badly.

rjv
05-15-2018, 10:51 AM
Maryland's Trump country wants its seasonal workers back (http://theweek.com/speedreads/773309/marylands-trump-country-wants-seasonal-workers-back)

The crabbing industry in Hoopers Island, Maryland, has been decimated by the Trump administration's visa caps, NBC News (https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-s-visa-changes-are-clawing-famous-crab-town-they-n874041) reported Tuesday.

locals are disappointed :lol that new policies have negatively affected small businesses.

The Trump administration this year restricted H-2B visas, which allow seasonal employees to come from abroad with temporary work authorization.

On Hoopers Island, 40 percent of the H-2B visas have vanished, leaving crabbing businesses without much-needed labor.
In past years, the town would receive 500 visas, many of which would go to Mexican women who would come pick crab meat during the busy season.

reports NBC News (https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-s-visa-changes-are-clawing-famous-crab-town-they-n874041).

http://theweek.com/speedreads/773309/marylands-trump-country-wants-seasonal-workers-back (http://theweek.com/speedreads/773309/marylands-trump-country-wants-seasonal-workers-back)

As happens every time Repugs redluce, shut off foreign labor, US businesses are hurt badly.

same can be said of the agricultural and construction industries.

boutons_deux
05-15-2018, 10:56 AM
Trump supporters suffer unintended consequences of his policies

THE BIG IDEA: President Trump sometimes seems :lol :lol seems? :lol impervious to the second and third order consequences of his decisions.

Several recent developments have highlighted the unintended — though often foreseeable — consequences the president’s policies are having on his own supporters.

Here are four examples:

-- Small business owners who voted for Trump might be forced to shut down because the president is making it harder for them to hire guest workers.

-- General Motors is cutting its second shift (http://www.vindy.com/news/2018/apr/14/gm-cuts-second-shift-lordstown/) at the Lordstown Assembly plant outside of Youngtown, Ohio, next month. The move could cost 1,500 jobs at the 3,000-employee plant that builds the Chevrolet Cruze.

-- Ironically, gas prices might go up (http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/08/investing/oil-prices-trump-iran-sanctions/index.html) because Trump pulled out of the Iranian nuclear agreement last week.

-- The president’s decision to pull out of the Iran deal, and reimpose sanctions, will cost Boeing contracts worth as much as $20 billion (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/09/us/politics/boeing-ceo-iran.html) to replenish Iran’s aging fleet of commercial planes.

Those jobs will now go to other countries — specifically Russia. “Russian aircraft makers, who can skirt the U.S. sanctions, are already working on deals,”

-- The trade war with China is increasing uncertainty for farmers and may still lead to punishing retaliatory tariffs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2018/05/15/daily-202-trump-supporters-suffer-unintended-consequences-of-his-policies/5afa0c8830fb0425887994fd/?utm_term=.0895b687189f&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

"seems"? :lol

Othyus Lalanne
05-15-2018, 11:09 AM

What makes you sure that it won't be midle management that gets the shaft?

Nathan89
05-15-2018, 11:17 AM

Quick changes in the market are often difficult to adjust to. This is overall meaningless. Also if extra labor is absolutely needed then a legal process is fine. Their inability adjust quickly after building dependence is not evidence of that though.

Nathan89
05-15-2018, 11:32 AM
What makes you sure that it won't be midle management that gets the shaft?

If that's the case then it just increases the supply for low skilled work.

boutons_deux
05-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Quick changes in the market are often difficult to adjust to. This is overall meaningless.

goddamn, you're fuckin stupid

spurraider21
05-15-2018, 01:21 PM

Befuddling, tbh...
He saw the light

#redpill

ElNono
05-15-2018, 04:48 PM
It was built from many different cultures. Now it's being built overwhelmingly from one country and there is no sign of that changing.

Uh? The fastest growing racial demographic in the US is actually Asians...

ElNono
05-15-2018, 04:51 PM

The larger problem is that you appear to be ill informed or not informed at all, but that doesn't stop you from launching inane platitudes.

Nathan89
05-15-2018, 05:26 PM
The problem is some are blinded from potential issues. Regardless of whether or not iq is a fixable issue it still seemingly takes generations to fix said issue. We do not need that at this point. And this really isn't relevant on the issue of illegals or low skilled immigrants because you can highlight them being problematic very easily in other ways. At this point though we can stick to getting rid of the law breaking illegals. Which everyone should agree on if they care about poor Americans.

Blake
05-16-2018, 09:25 AM
The problem is some are blinded from potential issues. Regardless of whether or not iq is a fixable issue it still seemingly takes generations to fix said issue. We do not need that at this point. And this really isn't relevant on the issue of illegals or low skilled immigrants because you can highlight them being problematic very easily in other ways. At this point though we can stick to getting rid of the law breaking illegals. Which everyone should agree on if they care about poor Americans.

Oh more broad generalizations and whining about issues that aren't issues. Neat.

RandomGuy
05-16-2018, 04:00 PM

We can start by you providing a valid scientific definition of IQ.

Your underlying assumption "that IQ is a valid, scientifically useful concept" needs to be proven before you can have an "issue".

If you can't adequately measure and define it, the epistemological sandcastle you built gets washed away with the barest of scrutiny.

RandomGuy
05-16-2018, 04:01 PM

Billy Cobham
05-16-2018, 04:19 PM
We can start by you providing a valid scientific definition of IQ.

Your underlying assumption "that IQ is a valid, scientifically useful concept" needs to be proven before you can have an "issue".

If you can't adequately measure and define it, the epistemological sandcastle you built gets washed away with the barest of scrutiny.

http://bigthink.com/aeon-ideas/how-clever-is-it-to-dismiss-iq-tests

RandomGuy
05-17-2018, 10:12 AM
http://bigthink.com/aeon-ideas/how-clever-is-it-to-dismiss-iq-tests

I'm not dismissing anything. I am asking for an underlying assumption to be proven. Burden of proof is pretty clear. "IQ tests are meaningful measures of intelligence" is a positive claim that requires proof before anyone should accept it.

There is enough information on how they can be skewed and badly done for any reasonable person to be somewhat skeptical.

Not clicking on the link. Provide a summary if you wish.