PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Is there any argument against Durant?

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2018, 10:36 PM
Ignore dumb shit like rings, his bitch personality and snake move to join the Warriors and ruin the NBA..as an individual player, other than Jordan and LeBron, how can anybody argue for another wing in NBA history ahead of him?

LkrFan
05-14-2018, 10:37 PM
CN reporting for jury duty in 3...2...

Arcadian
05-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Not really

daslicer
05-14-2018, 10:40 PM
I thought he was going to be his generations version of Karl Malone at the SF spot. Obviously joining the Warriors changed that.

lefty
05-14-2018, 10:44 PM
Ignore dumb shit like rings, his bitch personality and snake move to join the Warriors and ruin the NBA..as an individual player, other than Jordan and LeBron, how can anybody argue for another wing in NBA history ahead of him?

But that's the point
If we wasn't such a phaggot, he could have won a title in OKC, they almost beat the Warriors.

Not denying his talent

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2018, 10:45 PM
But that's the point
If we wasn't such a phaggot, he could have won a title in OKC, they almost beat the Warriors.

Not denying his talent

I agree and his decision to join a 73-win team is going to make people ignore his talent, tbh..he might be the best scorer I've ever seen behind Jordan..

lefty
05-14-2018, 10:47 PM
I agree and his decision to join a 73-win team is going to make people ignore his talent, tbh..he might be the best scorer I've ever seen behind Jordan..
Pretty much unstoppable 1 on 1 tbh

Arcadian
05-14-2018, 10:47 PM
We're talking about a guy who played center in college, has guard skills, and is the best scorer in the league.

:lol Greg Oden #1

benefactor
05-14-2018, 10:49 PM
He's in a perfect situation. He's an elite scorer that plays off the ball and has and elite PG and several solid options around him that all love to play for each other. It's a zero pressure gig where his talents can shine and he can even make mistakes that won't affect the game as a whole.

Clipper Nation
05-14-2018, 10:52 PM
Durbeta has never accomplished anything without stacked rosters and another MVP holding his hand.

Clipper Nation
05-14-2018, 10:53 PM

Joining a 73-win team makes it impossible to truly judge his talent because he has it too easy.

RD2191
05-14-2018, 10:57 PM
Durbeta has never accomplished anything without stacked rosters and another MVP holding his hand.

Joining a 73-win team makes it impossible to truly judge his talent because he has it too easy.

Agreed tbh

Clipper Nation
05-14-2018, 10:59 PM
Replace LeGOAT with Durbeta on this year's Cavs and they probably miss the playoffs.

daslicer
05-14-2018, 11:00 PM

Yup like I said before in my eyes he was the Karl Malone of SF's. Just like Malone he's a great scorer that would always choke when facing adversity. Now playing for the Warriors he will never face adversity.

FkLA
05-14-2018, 11:00 PM
I don't think it's just a case of him not having any pressure or being in a perfect situation. It's just a natural evolution for him now that he's in the sweet spot of his prime. I remember little niggas like CP0 or Tony Allen used to give him trouble and now those kind of guys stand no chance. Honestly, nobody stands a chance. Will never understand how you can be so good, be so close to getting over the hump and just bandwagon an already great team instead of taking them down which he probably would've done by now, imo.

Down Under
05-14-2018, 11:01 PM
Definitely. Funny how this conversation would never happen if he hadn't have joined the Warriors.

DMC
05-14-2018, 11:01 PM
But that's the point

Not denying his talent

:lol

Killakobe81
05-14-2018, 11:02 PM

great player but sux for him to be the 2nd best SF in a Lebron era ...if you just look at skill he may have surpassed Bird as 2nd greatest SF just sux for him he played in same era as #1 ...so tough to give him praise when there is a better player playing the same position.

DMC
05-14-2018, 11:03 PM
I don't think it's just a case of him not having any pressure or being in a perfect situation. It's just a natural evolution for him now that he's in the sweet spot of his prime. I remember little niggas like CP0 or Tony Allen used to give him trouble and now those kind of guys stand no chance. Honestly, nobody stands a chance. Will never understand how you can be so good, be so close to getting over the hump and just bandwagon an already great team instead of taking them down which he probably would've done by now, imo.

Not with Russ. He would never have won a ring with Russ. Russ ain't havin' it.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2018, 11:03 PM
great player but sux for him to be the 2nd best SF in a Lebron era ...if you just look at skill he may have surpassed Bird as 2nd greatest SF just sux forvhim he played in same era as #1 ...

I don't think people care about that, there's always room for multiple guys in an era..people will always shit on him for his Warriors decision, even when he wins his 4th title IMO..

DMC
05-14-2018, 11:04 PM
Replace LeGOAT with Durbeta on this year's Cavs and they probably miss the playoffs.

That's stupid. Pretty sure Durant could make the playoffs with any team in the East.

Funny you let Lebron off the hook for stacking in Miami... lol

Killakobe81
05-14-2018, 11:09 PM
I don't think people care about that, there's always room for multiple guys in an era..people will always shit on him for his Warriors decision, even when he wins his 4th title IMO..

not saying people care the point is the common man shows do Lebron talk daily. Durant only gets chatter when, he gets busted on social media, plays vs Russ or when he left. EsPn and fs1 are lebron 24/7 ...meaning spotlight is not on Durant because he walks in LeBron's shadow ...

Clipper Nation
05-14-2018, 11:10 PM
That's stupid. Pretty sure Durant could make the playoffs with any team in the East.

Funny you let Lebron off the hook for stacking in Miami... lol
:lol Washed-Up Wade and RuPaul Bosh = "stacking"

FkLA
05-14-2018, 11:12 PM
Not with Russ. He would never have won a ring with Russ. Russ ain't havin' it.

He was one game away with Russ. Had them on the ropes until your boy Klay went nuclear. I think they get over the hump eventually.

But even if you disagree staying in OKC or joining a stacked GS team weren't his only options. Joining a team that was one piece away and taking GS down would've been much more respectable than the weak shit he decided to pull.

lefty
:lol
:lol dammit

Killakobe81
not saying people care the point is the common man shows do Lebron talk daily. Durant only gets chatter when, he gets busted on social media, plays vs Russ or when he left. EsPn and fs1 are lebron 24/7 ...meaning spotlight is not on Durant because he walks in LeBron's shadow ...

so he will get praise, still ...but less cuz LeBron is transcedant on and off the court ...durant only matters on.

StrengthAndHonor
05-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Bingo

daslicer
05-14-2018, 11:28 PM
so he will get praise, still ...but less cuz LeBron is transcedant on and off the court ...durant only matters on.

I have the Warriors 4 peating with their current team. Even with Durant getting 4 and Lebron having 3 people will still look at Lebron being the best player of his generation. Has to suck for Durant because I do believe he wants to be considered the best. He's not like Duncan in the sense he only cares about winning.

Killakobe81
05-14-2018, 11:30 PM
Harlem, Despite his somewhat cowardly but smart choice ...
If Lebron didnt exist ... wouldnt we be talking has Durant surpassed Bird? especially if he gets 3 rings in his career?
But we never will ...
why?
LeBron fucking James.
that matters more than the Hamptons.

StrengthAndHonor
05-14-2018, 11:30 PM
Replace LeGOAT with Durbeta on this year's Cavs and they probably miss the playoffs.:lmao

Clipper Nation
05-14-2018, 11:37 PM
:lmao

What has Durbeta ever won without stacked teams full of all-stars and MVPs? I'd love to see him try to carry this year's trash Cavs roster. Would be hilarious seeing him get exposed as the overrated frontrunner he's always been.

dbestpro
05-14-2018, 11:39 PM
No way to know since he plays at a time when defense is not allowed. Wonder how he would fare against the bad boy Pistons. I think Bruce Bowen would have even gotten into his head back in the day. Now he just shoots wide open uncontested jump shots.

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2018, 01:05 AM
shrinks to a dry pos when his up against kawhi, then pads his stats when kawhi is on the bench...

Robz4000
05-15-2018, 02:55 AM
I don't care what he does from here on out, dude is the biggest puss in recent sports memory.

Raven
05-15-2018, 06:43 AM
no, there never was, once he started defending.. He's good, period.

Brazil
05-15-2018, 07:28 AM
His decision to leave OKC is the right one, no way he would have won anything with a 40% usage westchimp... Now maybe signing for GSW was the right choice, dude is a beta and he knows it, GS gives him what he needs: stacked team, elite guards, draymond doing the dirty job and low pressure. smart if you ask me

SpurOutofTownFan
05-15-2018, 08:01 AM
Skills-wise he's one of the best player's I've seen.

He has the ball skills of a 1
Shoots like a 2
Can cover the 3 with his size
Naturally a 4
Can protect like a 5

However, he will be remembered as someone who defected to a stacked team because he was a pussy and was a big part of bastardizing this beautiful game

So he will not be remembered for the player he is on the court

Jordan will always be remembered as a winner and the best player of the last 40 years

Fabbs
05-15-2018, 08:32 AM
Hey OP,
Cupcake shot .430 and .282 treys in the 2016 playoffs.
What exactly did he add to his scoring game after that?

Oh that's right, n-o-t-h-i-n-g.
He simply joined Phaggot State for wide open stat padding including ref sex.

:lol 2nd greatest scorer.

Double-Up
05-15-2018, 08:33 AM

Shoots like a 2
Naturally a 4
Can protect like a 5

However, he will be remembered as someone who defected to a stacked team because he was a pussy and was a big part of bastardizing this beautiful game

Jordan will always be remembered as a winner and the best player of the last 40 years

Agreed.

LkrFan
05-15-2018, 08:44 AM
I don't care what he does from here on out, dude is the biggest puss in recent sports memory.

If given the choice, who would you rather play with: Westcrook or Chef? Honest question.

pad300
05-15-2018, 09:12 AM

If you tried, you could make an argument for Bird. Further, if Magic was in this era, would he be considered as a PG (with enough size to start as C in a Finals game), or a do it all SF (and thus, competition for Durant)? You could make an argument for Magic as well.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-15-2018, 09:34 AM
We're talking about a guy who played center in college, has guard skills, and is the best scorer in the league.

:lol Greg Oden #1

He didn't play center in college.

StrengthAndHonor
05-15-2018, 09:43 AM
What has Durbeta ever won without stacked teams full of all-stars and MVPs? I'd love to see him try to carry this year's trash Cavs roster. Would be hilarious seeing him get exposed as the overrated frontrunner he's always been.
Come on man, Durant would easily rally the Cavs to the playoffs. We’re talking about the same conference that has perennial chokers like Defraud Derozan and Kylie Lowry clinching the top seed:lol

It’s just unfortunate a guy that skilled had to conspire with the best team with one of the most cowardly acts in NbA history.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-15-2018, 10:08 AM
When Durant was at UT, I told everyone he had the tools and the trajectory to be the number 1 most unstoppable player of all time. I felt comfortable being a Spurs fan until he started owning us left and right with OKC. Now he's showing people his true powers....but is also the official biggest juiciest head alopecia-infested mark ass chump made bitch in all of NBA history

Raven
05-15-2018, 10:09 AM

Shoots like a 2
Naturally a 4
Can protect like a 5

the bold ones are just... no.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2018, 10:10 AM
Come on man, Durant would easily rally the Cavs to the playoffs. We’re talking about the same conference that has perennial chokers like Defraud Derozan and Kylie Lowry clinching the top seed:lol

Durbeta was a perennial choker until he joined a 73-win team :lol

Budkin
05-15-2018, 10:34 AM
Definitely. Funny how this conversation would never happen if he hadn't have joined the Warriors.

That's what I'm saying. KD is thriving now knowing he has ZERO pressure on him to lead. He's on a team with a bunch of other all-stars. If he fucks up any of those guys can pick up his slack.

TDfan2007
05-15-2018, 10:39 AM

There isn't one. As a pure perimeter scorer, he's 2nd best all time imo. There's almost nothing he can't do. He's so good that he makes Curry and Klay look significantly worse than they actually are by comparison.

I was talking to a Rockets fan last night who was trying to argue for Harden over Durant as a scorer :lol

The most impressive thing about Durant, imo, is his efficiency. Dude can hit from anywhere, and he does so at a relatively high percentage.

TDfan2007
05-15-2018, 10:40 AM

How about when he wasn't on that team and eviscerated both of our teams in the playoffs while dealing with a chucking (albeit talented) diva as a teammate?

SpursforSix
05-15-2018, 10:45 AM

Shoots like a 2
Naturally a 4
Can protect like a 5

Jordan often single handedly won games. Sure he had a good cast around him but they weren't so good that the other team couldn't double team him with help.
But nothing like Durant. At this point, we'll never know if Durant could put a team on his back.

So many weapons around him that you just can't really double team for a full game.

TDfan2007
05-15-2018, 10:45 AM
No way to know since he plays at a time when defense is not allowed. Wonder how he would fare against the bad boy Pistons. I think Bruce Bowen would have even gotten into his head back in the day. Now he just shoots wide open uncontested jump shots.

No, he doesn't. Go look at his highlights from last night. He scored in almost every way imaginable no matter who was on him

TDfan2007
05-15-2018, 10:47 AM

It’s just unfortunate a guy that skilled had to conspire with the best team with one of the most cowardly acts in NbA history.

:tu

ambchang
05-15-2018, 11:16 AM
I can't think of one single player who's winning was detriment to his legacy. And Durant is no exception.

Would Lebron have been a top 3 all time without those "Decision Rings"? No.
Would Magic have been the best PG of all time by playing for the Denver Nuggets and won zero rings? No.
Would Jordan have been the greatest of all time playing under Phil Collins? No.
Would Duncan have been the greatest PF of all time if he only won 1 or 2 rings? No.

What Durant did was akin to Malone joining the Bulls after the 97 defeat. He would have won a ring in 98, and he would be a top 10 all time player instead of a top 20 player.

10 years, 15 years from now, people will ignore all circumstances because 3 rings or 4 rings or whatever is a much shorter and easier to digest argument than anything that looks into details. Sports fans are neanderthals from a brain development perspective in general.

RsxPiimp
05-15-2018, 11:20 AM
harlem with a subtle dig at kobe :lol

RsxPiimp
05-15-2018, 11:22 AM
I can't think of one single player who's winning was detriment to his legacy. And Durant is no exception.

Would Lebron have been a top 3 all time without those "Decision Rings"? No.
Would Magic have been the best PG of all time by playing for the Denver Nuggets and won zero rings? No.
Would Jordan have been the greatest of all time playing under Phil Collins? No.
Would Duncan have been the greatest PF of all time if he only won 1 or 2 rings? No.

What Durant did was akin to Malone joining the Bulls after the 97 defeat. He would have won a ring in 98, and he would be a top 10 all time player instead of a top 20 player.

10 years, 15 years from now, people will ignore all circumstances because 3 rings or 4 rings or whatever is a much shorter and easier to digest argument than anything that looks into details. Sports fans are neanderthals from a brain development perspective in general.
one of those rare occasions where winning a title is a detriment indeed lol.

though, i wonder how the narrative will spin if durant wins b2b FMVP.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2018, 11:27 AM
I can't think of one single player who's winning was detriment to his legacy.

Joining the 73-win team that had just beaten him is a detriment to Durbeta's legacy. The rings themselves just won't add to his legacy because everyone knows they're cheap.

10 years, 15 years from now, people will ignore all circumstances because 3 rings or 4 rings or whatever is a much shorter and easier to digest argument than anything that looks into details.
That's not true. Just bring up Bill Russell's ring count in the GOAT debate and you're guaranteed to get a lecture on how that doesn't count because of the era he played in.

RsxPiimp
05-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Joining the 73-win team that had just beaten him is a detriment to Durbeta's legacy. The rings themselves just won't add to his legacy because everyone knows they're cheap.

it’s like one of those dudes bragging he got laid at a brothel house over the weekend. it just doesn’t count.

ambchang
05-15-2018, 12:27 PM

People are putting out the narrative that Durant has leapfrogged Lebron as the best player in the league. We all know it's not true, but would this have happened if Durant stayed with the Thunder winning nothing? Not a chance.

So yes, the rings, despite all the betaness that came with it, boosted his legacy.

That's not true. Just bring up Bill Russell's ring count in the GOAT debate and you're guaranteed to get a lecture on how that doesn't count because of the era he played in.

Yet Russell's name still came up as one of the greatest ever, and there are still those who claim him to be the GOAT, despite his 15ppg average in an age when scoring was inflated as hell.

illusioNtEk
05-15-2018, 12:32 PM

Fabbs
05-15-2018, 12:33 PM
People are putting out the narrative that Durant has leapfrogged Lebron as the best player in the league. We all know it's not true, but would this have happened if Durant stayed with the Thunder winning nothing? Not a chance.

So, breaking it down.
Would the demographics show that the "Durant is #1 or #2" crowd be clouded / biased by being:
1. Homosexual
2. Hipster

phxspurfan
05-15-2018, 12:38 PM
How about when he wasn't on that team and eviscerated both of our teams in the playoffs while dealing with a chucking (albeit talented) diva as a teammate?

He hardly eviscerated us. The Thunder needed massive help from the refs every time they beat us. And he had great teams behind him each time.

Arcadian
05-15-2018, 12:39 PM
He didn't play center in college.

He might not have strictly played center, but Barnes definitely experimented with it frequently. At his size, it wasn't far fetched at all.

Point is, he's one of few players in history who can legitimately play all 5 positions.

Bynumite
05-15-2018, 12:46 PM
It's ironic that the same people pointing the finger at Durant for joining the Dubs are always LeBron stans 99% of the time, a guy who made a career out of hopping from team to team and never won squat without at least 2 other all stars around him :lol

They're quick to mention the 73 wins but not that they choked a 3-1 lead in the Finals. Durant made the Warriors the juggernaut and dynasty we see today. Without him you basically have your whole operation relying on the health status of Steph's fragile ankles.

Bottom line, the Durant hate is nothing but sour grapes from LeBron stans, salty because Durant is the one standing between LeBron and the Ghost. Do not worry though, LeBron will do what he's been known to do, hop onto another stacked team but it will be futile as long as this Warriors core stays together and signing friendly contracts.

SpursforSix
05-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Search...."Kevin Durant stats"

Google: did you mean, "Kevin Durant is a faggot"?

FkLA
05-15-2018, 01:42 PM
It's ironic that the same people pointing the finger at Durant for joining the Dubs are always LeBron stans 99% of the time, a guy who made a career out of hopping from team to team and never won squat without at least 2 other all stars around him :lol

They're quick to mention the 73 wins but not that they choked a 3-1 lead in the Finals. Durant made the Warriors the juggernaut and dynasty we see today. Without him you basically have your whole operation relying on the health status of Steph's fragile ankles.

Bottom line, the Durant hate is nothing but sour grapes from LeBron stans, salty because Durant is the one standing between LeBron and the Ghost. Do not worry though, LeBron will do what he's been known to do, hop onto another stacked team but it will be futile as long as this Warriors core stays together and signing friendly contracts.

That's fucking stupid.

WTF had Irving accomplished in Cleveland? Love in Minny? What would they have accomplished together if LeGOAT wasn't there to hold their hand?

WTF did Bosh do in Toronto? What were the Heat doing before LeGOAT arrived? What did they do after he left and Wade+Bosh stayed?

Now compare that to the GS core which already had 1 title, a 73 win season, and 2 Finals trips. It's not the fact that Durbeta left OKC that was a pussy move its the fact that he left to a team that would've probably still been title favorites for the foreseeable future even without him. Given his all-world talent he shouldve took on the challenge and taken them down (with OKC or someone else) if he wasn't such a bitch, tbh.

SAGirl
05-15-2018, 02:59 PM
HOF player... period. Not a likeable career move for competitiveness but he was smart for himself to make it.

DMC
05-15-2018, 03:41 PM
He was one game away with Russ. Had them on the ropes until your boy Klay went nuclear. I think they get over the hump eventually.

But even if you disagree staying in OKC or joining a stacked GS team weren't his only options. Joining a team that was one piece away and taking GS down would've been much more respectable than the weak shit he decided to pull.

I don't think Russ will ever be of the mindset, while able, to play team basketball and that's what it will take to win a ring.

Ginobili2Duncan
05-15-2018, 03:42 PM

So yes, the rings, despite all the betaness that came with it, boosted his legacy.

Yet Russell's name still came up as one of the greatest ever, and there are still those who claim him to be the GOAT, despite his 15ppg average in an age when scoring was inflated as hell.

The only people I heard say that are Skip Bayless who does it in an attempt to troll LeBron and Stephen A. Smith who said that only after he got bitched out by KD's mom on live TV.

DMC
05-15-2018, 03:49 PM
League = fucked

This we know

ambchang
05-15-2018, 04:11 PM
The only people I heard say that are Skip Bayless who does it in an attempt to troll LeBron and Stephen A. Smith who said that only after he got bitched out by KD's mom on live TV.

ESPN did it immediately after last years finals. They have been doing that here and there as well.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-15-2018, 07:05 PM
He hardly eviscerated us. The Thunder needed massive help from the refs every time they beat us. And he had great teams behind him each time.

I agree with this. That OKC SAS series was absurd and hyped the wrong way. The officiating was one-sided on almost all games. Westbrook couldn't stop getting calls and Ibaka did whatever he wanted

ducks
05-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Durant on thunder could not play d because he had to do to much on o

This is what makes Leonard so good what he does on d and o

Fabbs
05-15-2018, 07:42 PM
ESPN did it immediately after last years finals. They have been doing that here and there as well.
Should be noted ESPN named Brucett Kardashian as Sportsman of the Year.
You're in good company, Durant.

Bill_Brasky
05-15-2018, 08:35 PM
If given the choice, who would you rather play with: Westcrook or Chef? Honest question.

If I was a 7ft monster who could handle the ball and score whenever he wanted I'd want to squash that little fuck like the bug that he his.

Capt Bringdown
05-15-2018, 08:45 PM

Exactly. He's never shown that he has what it takes to lead a team. When called on to be a leader, he choked.
Put him in a situation where he doesn't have to worry about leadership, and watch him pour in the points.

I think Dylan said it best:

You've got a lotta nerve to say you got a helping hand to lend

You just want to be on the side that's winnin'

DMC
05-16-2018, 12:25 AM
The hate for Durant is hilarious here. If he came here he'd suddenly be better than Michael Jordan.

"You know who's fackin' great? Johnny Damon... love that guy"

following year

"You know who's a fackin' bum? Johnny Damon... screw that guy.."

TDfan2007
05-16-2018, 11:29 AM

2012 series: 29.5 ppg 7.5 rpg 5.3 apg 1.7 stl 1.5 BLK 53% FG

He destroyed us, especially in game 6. Ref help or not, they came back from an 18 point deficit and made all the big plays down the stretch in that game.

Fabbs
05-16-2018, 11:42 AM
2012 series: Ref help or not,
How do you discount ref help?
Durbetta doesn't get his stats and OKC loses the game with fair refs.

Even 2015 with the trip by Neanderthal on Danny Green at the end of the game. Instead of Spurs 3-2, OKC is gifted the game and 3-2 lead.

TDfan2007
05-16-2018, 03:25 PM
How do you discount ref help?
Durbetta doesn't get his stats and OKC loses the game with fair refs.

Even 2015 with the trip by Neanderthal on Danny Green at the end of the game. Instead of Spurs 3-2, OKC is gifted the game and 3-2 lead.

Because he didn't even average 10 FTA per game in the series, and even then it's not like every call he got was bogus.

We choked in that series, plain and simple. There is absolutely no excuse for losing 4 games in a row to a team in the playoffs, barring injury.

StrengthAndHonor
05-16-2018, 03:50 PM
I’ve always taught KD is a taller and longer version of Kobe, in terms of offensive skill. That added reach simply makes him unstoppable. It’s such a shame he joined thr Warriors. He had Top 10 GOAT potential.

TD 21
05-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Would you have said that before he signed with the Warriors? The only thing that's changed is it obviously made life easier on both sides of the ball; but it's not like he got better.

Then there's the matter of the positional designation. I know he's perimeter oriented, but he's really a nominal PF in today's game. He's played 55 and 77% of his minutes their respectively since signing with them. He only starts at SF because they have Green at PF and don't want to overburden him by playing him full time at C and like many prominent players, he'd probably chafe at being announced and listed a position up.

It just doesn't seem right to place a player with the same measurements as Duncan (his weight towards the end) in the same category as Jordan. I'd place him in a category with James, Johnson and Bird. All were/are essentially hybrids between a big and a guard.

ambchang
05-16-2018, 07:16 PM
I’ve always taught KD is a taller and longer version of Kobe, in terms of offensive skill. That added reach simply makes him unstoppable. It’s such a shame he joined thr Warriors. He had Top 10 GOAT potential.

Durant is basically T Mac with better teammates in a perimeter friendly league.

StrengthAndHonor
05-16-2018, 07:24 PM
Also a good, if not better comparison.

Chucho
05-16-2018, 07:45 PM

Bottom line, the Durant hate is nothing but sour grapes from LeBron stans, salty because Durant is the one standing between LeBron and the Ghost. Do not worry though, LeBron will do what he's been known to do, hop onto.

And King haters generally are Kobe fans and hate LeBron for stacking a team in Miami when Kobe was always piggybacked by a top 3 center for his rings.

TDfan2007
05-16-2018, 08:16 PM

Ding ding ding. And better injury luck

Killakobe81
05-16-2018, 08:37 PM
And King haters generally are Kobe fans and hate LeBron for stacking a team in Miami when Kobe was always piggybacked by a top 3 center for his rings.

shiiiiit ...Jordan fans are the biggest LeBron haters, especially in the media.Some Kobe fans who werent true Lakers fans are now LEBRON or STEPH fans now

ElNono
05-17-2018, 05:40 AM
This was probably his best season yet, especially with no Curry for quite a stretch... how did this guy not make the MVP top 3???

lebomb
05-17-2018, 06:36 AM
He had "0" help last night.
Durant carried the Warriors. Green sucked, Klay and Curry could not hit anything.

Kyle Orton
05-17-2018, 10:13 AM
:lol tmac was great but not anywhere close to the servant, tbh

AlexJones
05-17-2018, 12:14 PM
KD played the same way games 1 and 2.. When the Warriors won, he's the GOAT, when they lost nobody talks about him. Gotta love narratives

If you're a Rockets fan you better hope they keep forcing the ball to KD.. Rockets probably win in 6 games

Jules_Winnfield
05-17-2018, 01:02 PM
Kevin Durant is the 2nd best player in the world.

ambchang
05-17-2018, 01:37 PM
:lol tmac was great but not anywhere close to the servant, tbh

Arguable. If TMac is the 1st option on a team that allows him to shoot open shots all day, coupled with him not being allowed to be guarded, TMac could have been as good an offensive player as Durant. Both are long, both can shoot (Durant better), both can drive (TMac better), TMac was the better playmaker, Durant better running around screens, but both actually have a similar skill set.

On defense, both have the tools to be dominant, but then neither of them were. The can turn it on, but I think both under achieved on that front based on their physical tools.

spurraider21
05-17-2018, 01:55 PM
lol

tmac on his best day was a 45% FG guy.. and shot 33% from 3 for his career. volume scorer. very talented one, at that. more athletically gifted than kirby and less to show for it. underrated playmaker though

ambchang
05-17-2018, 02:15 PM
Durant was a 45% or so shooter before Westbrook and Harden stepped up and took pressure of off him. The same would happen for McGrady if he got better teammates to open up shooting for him. Not to mention the change in defensive rules that clearly benefits offensive perimeter players in :lol today's NBA. McGrady, Carter, Allen would have benefitted hugely in :lol today's NBA. Conversely, players like Iverson wouldn't.

I am not saying TMac's career is comparable to Durant. I am not. I think Durant easily > TMac career wise, already, but it is due more to circumstances than skills. Players are beneficiaries of circumstances (or victims in some cases). I don't believe Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Barkley ,McHale, or Moses would have close to the careers they did if they played in :lol today's NBA, but on the other hand, I think players like Miller, Mullin, Robinson, Garnett, Sheed, Rick Barry, Kemp would be greater in :lol todays' NBA.

Also, I haven't seen people mentioned it much around here, but Durant's move benefited Curry the most. Curry has been pretty much exposed as a regular season player in the last few playoffs. He is still all-star level, or even super-star level in the playoffs, but his effectiveness clearly is no where close to God like abilities in the regular season. GSW is very much beatable without Durant the last few years even though they'd still be favourites, Durant just made them 16-1 dominant, and people will overlook Curry's dip in play in the playoffs because they won..

Mikeanaro
05-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Pretty much, also scoring a lot by itself means nothing, just stat padding crap.

spurraider21
05-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Durant was a 45% or so shooter before Westbrook and Harden stepped up and took pressure of off him. The same would happen for McGrady if he got better teammates to open up shooting for him. Not to mention the change in defensive rules that clearly benefits offensive perimeter players in :lol today's NBA. McGrady, Carter, Allen would have benefitted hugely in :lol today's NBA. Conversely, players like Iverson wouldn't.

I am not saying TMac's career is comparable to Durant. I am not. I think Durant easily > TMac career wise, already, but it is due more to circumstances than skills. Players are beneficiaries of circumstances (or victims in some cases). I don't believe Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Barkley ,McHale, or Moses would have close to the careers they did if they played in :lol today's NBA, but on the other hand, I think players like Miller, Mullin, Robinson, Garnett, Sheed, Rick Barry, Kemp would be greater in :lol todays' NBA.

Also, I haven't seen people mentioned it much around here, but Durant's move benefited Curry the most. Curry has been pretty much exposed as a regular season player in the last few playoffs. He is still all-star level, or even super-star level in the playoffs, but his effectiveness clearly is no where close to God like abilities in the regular season. GSW is very much beatable without Durant the last few years even though they'd still be favourites, Durant just made them 16-1 dominant, and people will overlook Curry's dip in play in the playoffs because they won..
durant shot sub 46% exactly one time and that was as a 19 year old rookie on a team where the second leading scorer was chris wilcox. tmac's efficiency declined after he joined a rockets team with more help :lol

you have this odd habit of trying to make a point first and doing the research second, trying to find odd ways to jam the facts to try to make your original point valid. same with the duncan/pistons comparison to lebron vs raptors/pacers

MultiTroll
05-17-2018, 03:52 PM
durant shot sub 46% exactly one time and that was as a 19 year old rookie
Playoffs.
You know, when it matters.

fgs and treys
35% and 28% 2010
44 and 33 2011
45 and 31 2013
46 and 34 2014
43 and 28 2016

spurraider21
05-17-2018, 04:00 PM
Playoffs.
You know, when it matters.

fgs and treys
35% and 28% 2010
44 and 33 2011
45 and 31 2013
46 and 34 2014
43 and 28 2016
you appear to have excluded some years :lol... how about when he shot 55% in the 2012 finals?

he's a career 47% postseason shooter, and you've included literally all the postseasons where he shot below his average :lmao

this is what i'm talkin about, you guys make up your minds first, and then after the fact try to bend the evidence/facts in your favor. it's a dishonest approach

MultiTroll
05-17-2018, 04:10 PM
you appear to have excluded some years :lol... how about when he shot 55% in the 2012 finals?

he's a career 47% postseason shooter, and you've included literally all the postseasons where he shot below his average :lmao

this is what i'm talkin about, you guys make up your minds first, and then after the fact try to bend the evidence/facts in your favor. it's a dishonest approach
2012 the obviously rigged series vs Spurs.

Of course I left out his stat padding years with the Golden Phaggots.

buy a clue. :rolleyes

spurraider21
05-17-2018, 04:11 PM
2012 the obviously rigged series vs Spurs.

Of course I left out his stat padding years with the Golden Phaggots.

buy a clue. :rolleyes
how did the rigging magically make his shots go into the hoop :lol

and were the entire playoffs rigged or just that series?

MultiTroll
05-17-2018, 04:15 PM
how did the rigging magically make his shots go into the hoop :lol

and were the entire playoffs rigged or just that series?
Watch a game dumbphuck.
See how Durant does under real pressure.
5 years worth.

:lmao you can't see how his stats up on the Phaggots nor the 2012 rigger.

ambchang
05-17-2018, 04:48 PM
durant shot sub 46% exactly one time and that was as a 19 year old rookie on a team where the second leading scorer was chris wilcox. tmac's efficiency declined after he joined a rockets team with more help :lol

you have this odd habit of trying to make a point first and doing the research second, trying to find odd ways to jam the facts to try to make your original point valid. same with the duncan/pistons comparison to lebron vs raptors/pacers

If you think 45% vs 47% is so important that it renders the comparison of two players invalid then so be it.

You have to habit of missing the point of the argument. Tmac to Durant is about the skill sets of two players. And yet you are talking about fg%. Ditto the duncan pistonsthing. It was about a superstar cancelling the production of two other stars at what they are good at.

Would help if you keep up.

spurraider21
05-17-2018, 05:04 PM
If you think 45% vs 47% is so important that it renders the comparison of two players invalid then so be it.

You have to habit of missing the point of the argument. Tmac to Durant is about the skill sets of two players. And yet you are talking about fg%. Ditto the duncan pistonsthing. It was about a superstar cancelling the production of two other stars at what they are good at.

Would help if you keep up.
their career %'s are 43.5 and 49

HarlemHeat37
05-17-2018, 05:08 PM
McGrady's such a weird case..virtually every star perimeter player saw a boost in 2005-2006 when the NBA made the game friendlier for wings, except T-Mac's career went completely downhill at age 26..

Obviously injuries played a part, but still, washed at 26 for a superstar..

Killakobe81
05-17-2018, 07:00 PM
McGrady's such a weird case..virtually every star perimeter player saw a boost in 2005-2006 when the NBA made the game friendlier for wings, except T-Mac's career went completely downhill at age 26..

Speaking of Tracy, as great as he was in his prime ...i think his HOF case was horsehit. He went straight to the pros so there is no outstanding collegiate career to offset his rapid decline but i do think he has a few team usa appearances. In any case he was far from a sure thing in my eyes.

ambchang
05-17-2018, 09:25 PM
their career %'s are 43.5 and 49

Which I feel was a factor of teammates and perimeter defense rules.

Do you have dylexia by any chance? Have you finally figured out what the point of the comparison was?

Kawhitstorm
05-17-2018, 09:45 PM
Speaking of Tracy, as great as he was in his prime ...i think his HOF case was horsehit. He went straight to the pros so there is no outstanding collegiate career to offset his rapid decline but i do think he has a few team usa appearances. In any case he was far from a sure thing in my eyes.

T-Mac during his days in Orlando had the sickest triple treat in the league. He was either draining a jumper in the defender's face or blowing by them.

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2018, 09:50 PM
lol

tmac on his best day was a 45% FG guy.. and shot 33% from 3 for his career. volume scorer. very talented one, at that. more athletically gifted than kirby and less to show for it. underrated playmaker though

tmac had a variety of moves that was good for the viewer if u wanna be entertain

kd? its always the same bs moves, and hence his up against midgets also who play no l ick of defense or try force him to earn his pts

Killakobe81
05-17-2018, 10:40 PM
T-Mac during his days in Orlando had the sickest triple treat in the league. He was either draining a jumper in the defender's face or blowing by them.

Absolutely.
Doesn't make him a HOF'er though.

DMC
05-17-2018, 11:28 PM
tmac had a variety of moves that was good for the viewer if u wanna be entertain

kd? its always the same bs moves, and hence his up against midgets also who play no l ick of defense or try force him to earn his pts

You don't fuck with something like what KD has. Dirk had it as well, and there's a very very small percentage any given player will find their calling like Dirk did, and like KD is doing. Overall, KD is a fucking monster though. You forget he's a 7 footer when he puts the ball on the floor and crosses people over for a dunk. It's unfair actually.

Arcadian
05-18-2018, 12:17 AM
Absolutely.
Doesn't make him a HOF'er though.

I'd put McGrady in the All-2000s Team

Bryant
McGrady
Garnett
Duncan
Shaq

^Those were also the WC All-star starters a few times, and it was one of the best starting lineups ever...

daslicer
05-18-2018, 01:54 AM
I'd put McGrady in the All-2000s Team

Bryant
McGrady
Garnett
Duncan
Shaq

^Those were also the WC All-star starters a few times, and it was one of the best starting lineups ever...

McGrady never got to start with Shaq in the West. When McGrady was a starter in the West, Shaq was back in the east.

It was Kidd,Kobe,KG,Duncan,Shaq in '00 and then in '01 it was Kidd,Kobe,KG,Webber,Duncan since Shaq sat out the '01 game. In '02 it was Francis,Kobe,Duncan,Garnett,Webber and Shaq also sat out that year. I remember that stretch from '00-'02 very well because I was always in awe of how well Duncan-Webber-KG played together and the combo of KG-Duncan-Shaq.

Arcadian
05-18-2018, 12:50 PM
McGrady never got to start with Shaq in the West. When McGrady was a starter in the West, Shaq was back in the east.

It was Kidd,Kobe,KG,Duncan,Shaq in '00 and then in '01 it was Kidd,Kobe,KG,Webber,Duncan since Shaq sat out the '01 game. In '02 it was Francis,Kobe,Duncan,Garnett,Webber and Shaq also sat out that year. I remember that stretch from '00-'02 very well because I was always in awe of how well Duncan-Webber-KG played together and the combo of KG-Duncan-Shaq.

Oh that's right - however, those guys I listed were All-NBA First Team in 2003. And that would probably be my All-Decade team.

It's close between Kidd and McGrady, but I like size and versatility. McGrady could play a large PG.

Also remember when Duncan/Garnett/McGrady all shared an Adidas sponsorship at the same time? They had a few commercials together when they were all top 5 players in the league.

daslicer
05-18-2018, 01:14 PM
Oh that's right - however, those guys I listed were All-NBA First Team in 2003. And that would probably be my All-Decade team.

It's close between Kidd and McGrady, but I like size and versatility. McGrady could play a large PG.

Also remember when Duncan/Garnett/McGrady all shared an Adidas sponsorship at the same time? They had a few commercials together when they were all top 5 players in the league.

Yeah I remember those adds. I even remember the slogan they ran on which was "impossible is nothing".

daslicer
05-18-2018, 01:24 PM

The league was still very physical game up until new rule changes were enforced after the '05-'06 season. By the time the rules had finally changed to favor McGrady his body was already breaking down from all the hard fouls he took during the first several years of his career. Guys really did go at Mcgrady hard with dirty fouls. I will never forget how the Hornets roughed up McGrady during the '02 playoffs. A lot of the fouls they did in that series would get you tossed out of games today.

JMSr8WgGgcA

Killakobe81
05-26-2018, 08:19 AM

if he dont step up these next two games in the 4th (he is 1 for 11 from field the past two games) thats a huge stain on the Durant legacy ...worse than joining State.

LkrFan
05-26-2018, 08:36 AM
shiiiiit ...Jordan fans are the biggest LeBron haters, especially in the media.Some Kobe fans who werent true Lakers fans are now LEBRON or STEPH fans now

Truth bombs.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2018, 11:27 PM
He might be the biggest bitch in NBA history, but man is special, top 3 wing I've ever seen..

His scoring efficiency doesn't even make sense..

Killakobe81
06-06-2018, 11:40 PM
if he dont step up these next two games in the 4th (he is 1 for 11 from field the past two games) thats a huge stain on the Durant legacy ...worse than joining State.

KD answered the bell on this tonight

TDfan2007
06-06-2018, 11:47 PM
Historic performance tonight. Curry and Thompson were shitting the bed all night, and he single handedly carried them to a tough win...wow.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2018, 11:51 PM
That's what's unfair about the Warriors, though:lol they rarely need their 3 scorers to dominate on the same night..

Durant was weak in game 1 and the latter parts of the Rockets series, but Curry and Thompson were hot..tonight, it was the opposite..then you have Draymond giving you elite defense, passing and leadership every night:lol

Bynumite
06-07-2018, 12:16 AM
It's nonsensical how Lebron fans are mad at Durant when he simply took Lebron's blueprint and further improved on it :lol

TDfan2007
06-07-2018, 06:23 AM
It's nonsensical how Lebron fans are mad at Durant when he simply took Lebron's blueprint and further improved on it :lol

People keep saying this, but it's not the same from the standpoint of being a competitor. It would be like LeBron joining the Celtics big 3, or joining the Spurs after 2014.

People also forget that LeBron joined the Heat in order to get through the Celtics big 3.

The thing that makes this warriors team so unique is that they have the three best shooters in the league on the same team. They also have the best scorer and arguably the best defensive player.

lefty
06-07-2018, 07:59 AM
KD is better than LeBron tbh

Chris Fall
06-07-2018, 10:40 AM
People also forget that LeBron joined the Heat in order to get through the Celtics big 3.

What a pussy excuse.

The Celtics Big 3 were 33, 34, 35 years old and soon ready for pasture.

He joined the Heat to stack the deck. He joined another top 5 player in the league, another top 10-15 player in the league, and a front office guy with championship juice.

KD and the Warriors did it even worse, no doubt about it. Even more pussy than the Heatles. It’s varying degrees of the same thing. BUT it is the same thing.

endrity
06-08-2018, 05:18 AM
Well he was great in game 1 against the Rockets but struggled the rest of the series and basically was carried by Curry and Thompson. Wasn't that great in games 1 and 2 against the Cavs.

The great thing about being on the Warriors is that even if one of the stars is playing bad, the others can pick it up. But on a "normal" team, this lack of consistency would have cost him big time.

ambchang
06-08-2018, 05:30 AM
Well he was great in game 1 against the Rockets but struggled the rest of the series and basically was carried by Curry and Thompson. Wasn't that great in games 1 and 2 against the Cavs.

The great thing about being on the Warriors is that even if one of the stars is playing bad, the others can pick it up. But on a "normal" team, this lack of consistency would have cost him big time.

In other words, he’s a great complimentary player.

endrity
06-08-2018, 09:07 AM
In other words, he’s a great complimentary player.

It might not be fair, but his legacy will always be somewhat tainted by that. He went to a 73-win team in order to win a ring. He might have won one by now with OKC or another team, but we'll never know.

ambchang
06-08-2018, 11:54 AM
It might not be fair, but his legacy will always be somewhat tainted by that. He went to a 73-win team in order to win a ring. He might have won one by now with OKC or another team, but we'll never know.

The thing about winning a championship, or playoff series, is consistency. A team is allowed to lose a maximum of three games in a series. The traditional way an nba team was built was to have one clear great player who can carry the team and have four great games in a series every series to bring a title. The role of the complimentary player is for risk mitigation where the lead can have a bad game but still have a chance to win because he can still shine and step up when the opposition decide to clamp down on the lead. Think duncan and manu, shaq and Kobe, Jordan and Pippen, bird and mchale, Kareem and magic then magic and worthy.

Now teams have figured out that titles can be had if I have enough really great complimentary players to even out the variation game by game. If my best player is having a bad game which I expect because he’s not good enough to dominate game after game? It’s ok because my second best is just as good. Think harden and Paul, curry and Durant and Thompson. It’s almost like buying different stocks to diversify your portfolio to minimize the risks.

phxspurfan
06-08-2018, 06:02 PM
That's what's unfair about the Warriors, though:lol they rarely need their 3 scorers to dominate on the same night..

Durant was weak in game 1 and the latter parts of the Rockets series, but Curry and Thompson were hot..tonight, it was the opposite..then you have Draymond giving you elite defense, passing and leadership every night:lol

don't forget about Iggy playing all the defense that supposedly league best 2 way guy Klay Thompson supposedly plays, Livingston being the league's best backup PG and shooting over everybody, and the refs helping all of them (especially helping their crappy bigs set moving screens)

Clipper Nation
06-08-2018, 06:09 PM
don't forget about Iggy playing all the defense that supposedly league best 2 way guy Klay Thompson supposedly plays, Livingston being the league's best backup PG and shooting over everybody, and the refs helping all of them (especially helping their crappy bigs set moving screens)
And even when Curry and Klay have bad shooting nights, they still create tons of gravity that ensures that Durbeta gets easy shots against single coverage with space.

Bynumite
06-08-2018, 06:56 PM
And even when Curry and Klay have bad shooting nights, they still create tons of gravity that ensures that Durbeta gets easy shots against single coverage with space.

Maybe Durant's shots wouldn't be so easy if Lebron wasn't a complete pussy and refused to guard Durant, constantly calling for switches :lol

One possession game and LeBeta switches with Hood on Durant :lmao Now who's the real beta here? Certainly not Durant.

tholdren
06-08-2018, 11:26 PM

Because no other decent wing had the luxury of being 2 or 3 on a 4 all star team. Trade dirk for durant. Dirk hands down. Durant could never win on a team that demands him to make plays consistently.