PDA

View Full Version : Damn. Bud goes to bucks

dabom
05-16-2018, 08:33 PM

DPG21920
05-16-2018, 08:45 PM
Good hire for them. Bud will do more with their talent than previous coaches which isn’t saying much.

ace3g
05-16-2018, 08:49 PM
So Coach Bud, willing to trade any wing players to the Spurs?

CGD
05-16-2018, 08:54 PM
Dark horse Leonard destination?

ducks
05-16-2018, 09:01 PM
Good for bud

offset formation
05-16-2018, 09:07 PM
I'd take a deal with the Bucks anyday and have been saying so for two months.

Give me Parker, Middleton, and Henson along with your #17 pick.

I'd do that all day long and twice on Sunday.

DPG21920
05-16-2018, 09:17 PM
Gross! No to Parker. No to Henson. 17th pick?

I would boycott SA if they did that.

DPG21920
05-16-2018, 09:17 PM
The bucks suck with Giannis and those players; you think SA with NO Kawhi and them would fare well?

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2018, 09:20 PM

For Kawhi? Why?

offset formation
05-16-2018, 09:36 PM
For Kawhi? Why?

Because...

1. I'm of the opinion he wants out unless he's offered the supermax...so sign him to a contract that hampers future cap flexibility, make a trade, or lose him for nothing.
2. I dont think you can offer that amount of money to him given his shenanigans this year. He earned his place as a risky investment.
3. And ongoing uncertainty over his quad condition. What ifs...?
4. Parker and Middleton were beasts on the board and quite efficient scorers--both potential starters.
5. Henson has some good upside and would certainly be a starter for us immediately at center (so three starters total)
6. Having two picks to work with given PATFO's ability to get great value would be something we haven't had in a loooong time.
7. Or a bundled 17th and 18th pick could potentially get you a top 10 pick if there's someone up in that range the Spurs coveted.

Good enough reason?

offset formation
05-16-2018, 09:43 PM
Gross! No to Parker. No to Henson. 17th pick?

I would boycott SA if they did that.

Gross? Evidently you haven't seen the shit people throw around on Twitter as options.

Three potential starters AND a mid round pick is a bad trade to you?

Btw, those three players are dogged. Exactly the kind of player that Pop likes. They certainly took it to us twice this year. I really dont get the disdain for this at all.

DPG21920
05-16-2018, 09:44 PM
yes :lol Want to join my fantasy basketball league though?

Robz4000
05-16-2018, 09:46 PM
I'd take Middleton tbh, but the rest of that package is disgusting.

offset formation
05-16-2018, 09:52 PM
I'd take Middleton tbh, but the rest of that package is disgusting.

Who do we have at either Parker's position (seeing he could play 3, 4, or 5) or Henson's position (5) that are better?

Point is, only LMA is better than either one of those two. So you would be getting your 2nd and 3rd best players, another potential starter at center, and a mid first rounder.

Disgusting? Not by a loooong shot.

offset formation
05-16-2018, 09:57 PM
yes :lol Want to join my fantasy basketball league though?

You telling me this is a worse lineup than what we trotted out last year?

Henson
Aldridge (Parker 2nd team or starter on Aldridge rest)
Middleton
Mills
Murray

Pau
Parker
Gay
Manu
Parker

???

That's a determined, athletic group.

DPG21920
05-16-2018, 09:59 PM
I’m saying that I would rather Kawhi walk for nothing than get that package.

offset formation
05-16-2018, 10:01 PM
I’m saying that I would rather Kawhi walk for nothing than get that package.

Wow. just wow.

tholdren
05-16-2018, 10:06 PM
Becky is ugly

Robz4000
05-16-2018, 10:06 PM
Who do we have at either Parker's position (seeing he could play 3, 4, or 5) or Henson's position (5) that are better?

Point is, only LMA is better than either one of those two. So you would be getting your 2nd and 3rd best players, another potential starter at center, and a mid first rounder.

Disgusting? Not by a loooong shot.

Parker has looked as bad as our Parker since his 100th ACL tear, while Henson really doesn't have anymore potential (he's 27 and older than Kawhi) and isn't all that good to start with. LMA, Gasol (even washed up Gasoft), Manu, Gay, Green, Mills, and even Fathead are all better.

exstatic
05-16-2018, 10:08 PM

That’s awful! That’s roster filler, and a pick one better than ours.

DPG21920
05-16-2018, 10:12 PM
Sure if you add those guys over Kawhi SA wins a few more games, but they aren’t good (Mid is fine) and if you are losing Kawhi you need a much better deal. Better picks or better younger talent or better older talent.

Em-City
05-16-2018, 10:30 PM
You telling me this is a worse lineup than what we trotted out last year?

Henson
Aldridge (Parker 2nd team or starter on Aldridge rest)
Middleton
Mills
Murray

Pau
Parker
Gay
Manu
Parker

???

That's a determined, athletic group.

I'd be down for OF's package if we could also salary dump mills

Chris
05-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Good hire for them. Bud will do more with their talent than previous coaches which isn’t saying much.

I'm happy for Bud. Going to be a great fit imo

Already like the Bucks and Giannis. Now I can jump on the bandwagon :lol

offset formation
05-16-2018, 10:44 PM
That’s awful! That’s roster filler, and a pick one better than ours.

starters =/= roster filler

offset formation
05-16-2018, 10:46 PM
Parker has looked as bad as our Parker since his 100th ACL tear, while Henson really doesn't have anymore potential (he's 27 and older than Kawhi) and isn't all that good to start with. LMA, Gasol (even washed up Gasoft), Manu, Gay, Green, Mills, and even Fathead are all better.

He's one year removed from 20/7. And he's only 23.

I'll take a 23 yo with that kind of potential under Pop's tutelage. BTW, he looked really good against us this year.

As for Henson, his is far more athletic than what we had. And if you listen to people talk about him, they think he has another level he has the ability to reach.

Robz4000
05-16-2018, 10:50 PM
He's one year removed from 20/7. And he's only 23.

I'll take a 23 yo with that kind of potential under Pop's tutelage. BTW, he looked really good against us this year.

As for Henson, his is far more athletic than what we had. And if you listen to people talk about him, they think he has another level he has the ability to reach.

23 with not one, not two, but three significant knee injuries. Pass.

People can talk all they want, but the fact he's 27 with below-average play on both ends is not encouraging. We've seen this story multiple times with guys with tons of athleticism and length never turning into decent basketball players. Hell, the Spurs had a recent one in Ryan Richards and currently LJC.

Pauleta14
05-16-2018, 10:52 PM
Good enough reason?

NO

YGWHI
05-16-2018, 11:02 PM
A young roster with potential and versatility...They just need a great coach like Bud. I wish him the best in Milwaukee!

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2018, 11:08 PM
Their roster is really bad and a very poor fit for his system, they don't have shooters or passers and a bunch of low-IQ guys, it'll be interesting to see what kind of roster moves they make..

Wouldn't be surprised if Dedmon signs there and they add Muscala(if Atl lets him go) or Ilyasova(assuming Parker is gone)..

DAF86
05-16-2018, 11:13 PM
FWIW, I expect Jabari Parker to play a lot better next season. This past season was a lost season because of his injury.

Also, Giannis is a bad fit for him.

ceds
05-17-2018, 06:48 AM

one injury prone tweener, 2 role players and a late pick for kawhi? :vomit:

The Bucks take that deal in a heatbeat & thank the basketball gods for their good fortune.

offset formation
05-17-2018, 07:23 AM
one injury prone tweener, 2 role players and a late pick for kawhi? :vomit:

The Bucks take that deal in a heatbeat & thank the basketball gods for their good fortune.

Perhaps. But I think you underestimate the value of Middleton and gloss over Parker's upside. Even if Henson was a push and never gave you more than he has to date, he's still better than Pau and Joffrey at this stage.

Again, I thi k you guys misread the value here.

And the 17th could be used along with 18 to trade into a top 10. Given Kawhis uncertain (mental and) physical symptoms, I'd say that's a positive.

CGD
05-17-2018, 07:50 AM

I was thinking something around Middleton, Maker, Wilson and picks.

superbigtime
05-17-2018, 08:42 AM
Good fit seemingly. Bud stuck in a hard place ATL after they gutted the team.

exstatic
05-17-2018, 08:49 AM
Perhaps. But I think you underestimate the value of Middleton and gloss over Parker's upside. Even if Henson was a push and never gave you more than he has to date, he's still better than Pau and Joffrey at this stage.

Again, I thi k you guys misread the value here.

And the 17th could be used along with 18 to trade into a top 10. Given Kawhis uncertain (mental and) physical symptoms, I'd say that's a positive.

LOL. No one is giving us a top ten pick for two outside of the lottery.

SpursBig3s
05-17-2018, 09:54 AM
Gross? Evidently you haven't seen the shit people throw around on Twitter as options.

Three potential starters AND a mid round pick is a bad trade to you?

Btw, those three players are dogged. Exactly the kind of player that Pop likes. They certainly took it to us twice this year. I really dont get the disdain for this at all.

Henson sucks ass. he was out of their rotation for a spell during the regular season. Hard pass
Jabari pre 2x ACL tears, yes. Now? Hell no. plays zero defense
Middleton i do like, but he couldn't hold Kawhi's dick

boutons_deux
05-17-2018, 10:46 AM
Dark horse Leonard destination?

he's a SoCal boy, Wisconsin is cold

SpurPadre
05-17-2018, 11:41 AM

Yes, 17th and 18th would get us 15th pick at best.

offset formation
05-17-2018, 01:06 PM

This trade scenario happens all the time in the NFL.

Plus, you could include Pau who has only one more year fully guaranteed.

exstatic
05-17-2018, 01:18 PM
This trade scenario happens all the time in the NFL.

Plus, you could include Pau who has only one more year fully guaranteed.

OK, this is NOT the NFL. The talent in the NBA draft normally drops off a cliff outside of the top 10. Adding Pau will require MORE assets from us for what can only be categorized as a salary dump. He is not an asset.

offset formation
05-17-2018, 01:33 PM
OK, this is NOT the NFL. The talent in the NBA draft normally drops off a cliff outside of the top 10. Adding Pau will require MORE assets from us for what can only be categorized as a salary dump. He is not an asset.

Everyone and their uncle is saying this is the deepest draft in 20+ years. There just might be a rebuilding team that would go for quantity of quality playerS.

Hell the Clips might be willing to dump their 12th pick. It's certainly not unreasonable at all.

exstatic
05-17-2018, 01:45 PM
Everyone and their uncle is saying this is the deepest draft in 20+ years. There just might be a rebuilding team that would go for quantity of quality playerS.

Hell the Clips might be willing to dump their 12th pick. It's certainly not unreasonable at all.

OK, to point out the painfully obvious, #12 is NOT in the top 10, and if it's that deep, why not keep both picks?

The reality is that the Spurs can hope to get maybe 50 cents on the dollar in a Kawhi trade, but what you propose is like a dime. The pick isn't any better than ours, and the players are forgettable. I would take JUST Philadelphia's #10 pick, or JUST Boston's Sacto pick for next year before doing your trade, and I think the Spurs can do better than both of those scenarios.